PDA

View Full Version : People are freaking stupid. (Amazon.com rant)

Derek2783
01-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Per Amazon's rules, if you are selling an item, it must be listed under the same ASIN as it came from. So, for example, if I want to sell the Iron Man II DVD from a DVD/BluRay 3-pack, I have to list it under the actual 3-pack it came with, I can't list it under the Iron Man 2 single DVD disc product.

I listed the disc under the 3-pack ASIN, per the rules. Amazon's rules for condition state that if items are missing, it's ok to list as long as what your listing still plays.

So, I listed the item as "Acceptable", per Amazon's rules, and stated very clearly "DVD DISC ONLY. No other discs, case, artwork are included." I actually put that in all caps to ensure it was clear.

Well, this jackass gets the DVD and files a claim. I kid you not, he claims a)"This is a fraud", b)"I can't even play this disc", and c)"Your comments were certainly not noticble on the screen that I ordered from".

Seriously? Dude, first of all I don't know any bluray players that don't play DVDs. Second, the whole reason for "comments" is so you can see what you're getting. The comments are always visible.

So anyway, I detail this out in my response to the claim. Amazon rules against me. Per our Community Rules for listing Amazon Marketplace items... Other models or editions cannot be listed on a similar ASIN. It is not sufficient to list the differences in the comments....Because you listed a different item/version than the one advertised on the detail page...

HUH?!?! I listed the disc under the ASIN it came from, just like the rules state.

Screw that jazz. Selling anything online sucks nowadays because people are stupid and can't read.

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
01-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Dude nobody reads anything anymore...I can not tell you haw many times working retail how often there was an issue that if people had simply READ it would have solved the problem...and even in the face of printed information to the contray in front of them and read to them they STILL insist you are wrong.

Occam
01-23-2011, 06:52 PM
It's called SRD. Selective Reading Disorder. A person inflicted with this horrible disease will only read the information that is important to them or in some severe cases, not at all. Example: if a sign reads "Two 2 liter bottles for 3 dollars, single purcase full price", the reader may see "two liter bottles" or ignore the "single purchase full price" portion all together.

There is also SHD. Selective Hearing Disorder. Most married men suffer from this. Just ask thier wives.

WeaponXCustoms
01-23-2011, 06:55 PM
It's called SRD. Selective Reading Disorder. A person inflicted with this horrible disease will only read the information that is important to them or in some severe cases, not at all. Example: if a sign reads "Two 2 liter bottles for 3 dollars, single purcase full price", the reader may see "two liter bottles" or ignore the "single purchase full price" portion all together.

There is also SHD. Selective Hearing Disorder. Most married men suffer from this. Just ask thier wives.

haha! Try posting a non-transforming transformer custom on Tfw, and say its a Robot Replicas class figure, despite the pictures I always get at least 3-4 OMG does it transform pics? Or No alt mode pics?

Shogi
01-23-2011, 07:03 PM
haha! Try posting a non-transforming transformer custom on Tfw, and say its a Robot Replicas class figure, despite the pictures I always get at least 3-4 OMG does it transform pics? Or No alt mode pics?

Maybe you should start calling it an Action Master class figure? :)

vapor
01-23-2011, 07:04 PM
know one ever seems to read anything anymore, then by the time they realize whats right in front of them they try and play stupid because they feel dumb, people are lazy.

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
01-23-2011, 07:07 PM
I once had this lady, she was buying something it was ringing up at $4 each the conversation went something like this...
"Hey that's supposed to be 2 for $10."
"Yeah but it came up as $4 you lucked out."
"So your not gonna give me the sale price?"
"Uhhhh it rang up on sale, at a better price."
"But the sign said 2 for $10."
"Yeah and it rang up at $4...that's less."
"So your not gonna give me the sale price? I wanna see your manager."
"Fine, fine...." So I overode the sale price and charged her $5 each.
"That's more than it was."
"Yeah...2 for $10 is $5 each. You wanted that price I gave it to you."
"I've had enough of your attitude get your manager here."

So I did, she restated the case that I was not giving her the sale price which the manager verified was 2 for $10, which was the price I did ring up, and suddenly I could see the light go off in her head...and she realized how stupid she was and said, "Fine void them out I don't want'em."

Moron.

sg3
01-23-2011, 07:10 PM
What???? People being able to READ!!!! I thought they did away with teaching people to read when they stopped teaching common sense and history over 50 years ago.

drunknmunky
01-23-2011, 07:14 PM
I sell a ton of stuff on eBay. I always put US ONLY! NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING! NO EXCEPTIONS! So of course I got this idiot from Brazil (which was funny because it was for a Brazilian GI JOE) and he starts bidding on it. So I kindly remove his bid. So he bids again. I tell him I do not ship internationally and I will cancel his bids. Of course he still bids. So I block his bids and actually block him as a bidder. Then he emails me and asks if he can bid on it but have it shipped to his buddy in the US, then his buddy will ship it to him. Yeah I'm gonna jump all over that.... Idiots.

Roshan
01-23-2011, 07:23 PM
Selling anything online sucks nowadays because people are stupid and can't read.

No selling anything online sucks nowadays because neither ebay nor amazon will ever side with the seller no matter how stupid or how obviously corrupt the buyers claims are.

Occam
01-23-2011, 07:29 PM
I once had some douche nozzle argue with me because the sign stated the sale price, and I charged him the sale price because, well, it scanned at the sale price. The item had the full price on it but he still had a problem with it because he didn't pay full price even though the sign had the sale price???? I don't know. I still get headaches thinking about this one. That bastard scarred me for life.

bigvig
01-23-2011, 07:48 PM
You know though, I buy and sell a lot on ebay and Amazon, and there are a LOT of dishonest sellers on both. I see guys list things as COMPLETE all the time when they arent. And I actually just bought a Blu-Ray from Amazon that was missing 2 of the 3 discs, kind of like the original post.

I searched, found the disc & read the listing that said NOTHING about the digital copy and DVD being gone and when I received the disc it was open and had only had the Blu-Ray disc in it. Sent the seller a message and never heard back, so you never know.

Roshan
01-23-2011, 07:51 PM
You know though, I buy and sell a lot on ebay and Amazon, and there are a LOT of dishonest sellers on both. I see guys list things as COMPLETE all the time when they arent. And I actually just bought a Blu-Ray from Amazon that was missing 2 of the 3 discs, kind of like the original post.

So? Just because they are dishonest sellers means we all have to be treated as liars and be the target of scammers because they know we have no defense?

bigvig
01-23-2011, 07:58 PM
So dont sell anymore, nobody forces us to. We know the rules and the fact that seller have us over a barrel. Dont sell or deal with it basically. There are stupid people everywhere, youre not going to get away from them, and if you make your living in retail which I do, you HAVE to deal with them.

Shogi
01-23-2011, 08:01 PM
So dont sell anymore, nobody forces us to. We know the rules and the fact that seller have us over a barrel. Dont sell or deal with it basically. There are stupid people everywhere, youre not going to get away from them, and if you make your living in retail which I do, you HAVE to deal with them.

Who's to say an ebay or amazon seller ISN'T making their living in retail? Saying "stop selling" may not be an option

bigvig
01-23-2011, 08:02 PM
Ummm.....thats my point.

Roshan
01-23-2011, 08:07 PM
So dont sell anymore, nobody forces us to.

Yeah that's an intelligent response. I'll put up with it because I have to. I'm not going to give up because it's unfair. But it's still bullshit and I'll keep saying so and fighting against it til they change.

When ebay changes their damn policy to the point that fraudulent chargebacks don't just cost you the price of the item but HUNDREDS of dollars in lost sales and added fees, that's a problem that I'm not just gonna
grit my teeth and deal with.

Shogi
01-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Well there seems to be a lot of points here :)

1. All seller's shouldn't be treated as liars because there is no seller safety net

2. Working retail means dealing with idiots

3. Idiots are everywhere

4. Seller's can't just stop selling because it's how they make their living

As for what I was trying to get at is that it sounded like you said if you don't want to deal with stupid people, don't sell. I countered with "don't sell" may not be an option & I think Roshan was trying to get across that sellers shouldn't have to deal with people looking to rip them off by playing stupid.

I think I'm pretty well confused now :D

bigvig
01-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Maybe its me, I have a headache.

Roshan, not really fair to take one sentence and make it out like it was my whole response.

Its sucks for us who do it, yes, but youre not going to get away from stupid people.

I wish everyone would stop selling on ebay or Amazon for a week. JUST A WEEK! If we could band together as sellers (because, lets face it, I dont think any seller is happy about the crap we put up with) Amazon and Ebay would be FORCED by us to change their policy.

Thing is, when youre in retail youre going to have stupid people. They are everywhere. You give them the return because they couldnt read and re-sell it. There isnt much we can do about it except for stop selling. If we choose to make a living do retail, we're going to get this stuff every so often.

Problem is, Amazon & Ebay cant/wont review every single dispute. The bigger they are, they tougher it gets, so they set ground rules that we live by. I understand the frustration, Ive been on both sides of it (as a ripped off buyer and a retailer who sold to a moron) but as a buyer and seller I can honestly say (as much as I hate to) Id rather the rules be in place to protect the buyer instead of the seller.

solid.wii
01-23-2011, 08:19 PM
God doesn't exist in Ebay or Amazon.

bluebikerboy1
01-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Well there seems to be a lot of points here :)

1. All seller's shouldn't be treated as liars because there is no seller safety net

2. Working retail means dealing with idiots

3. Idiots are everywhere

4. Seller's can't just stop selling because it's how they make their living

As for what I was trying to get at is that it sounded like you said if you don't want to deal with stupid people, don't sell. I countered with "don't sell" may not be an option & I think Roshan was trying to get across that sellers shouldn't have to deal with people looking to rip them off by playing stupid.

I think I'm pretty well confused now :D

you missed 5

5. because of our crappy public school system people were never taught how to read hence half the problems

bigvig
01-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Whoa now, hold on a minute. My wife is a teacher in public schools and LOTS of our friends are too. Public school teachers are some of the best people youll meet. They live less than great lives to literally give back to the community. Granted, I know some shitty ones, but they are a SMALL MINORITY, so you cant blame the "crappy public school system" for someone not learning how to read. People cant drop their kids off at school and expect the school to do everything. If people dont have an interest in their kids lives, it their fault, not the system. People need to take responsibility and stop looking to blame others. Thats a big part of Americas problems in general.

Roshan
01-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Roshan, not really fair to take one sentence and make it out like it was my whole response.

Nothing past that first sentence had any need to be quoted.

sharky
01-23-2011, 10:46 PM
It's things like this that are the reasons I don't sell anything unless it's complete. Be it toys, DVDs, or whatever. Whenever you start listing things with exceptions you can be sure someone is not going to notice and expect to get the entire item.

Besides how much could you possibly get for a single, technically used, DVD these days? Even if it is IM2. Is it really worth the trouble and hassle?

Zarana
01-23-2011, 10:52 PM
I hate how few people read descriptions on amazon. about 90% of my negative feed back is from fools.

On a similar note,at my store we have a rack of paperbacks for a quarter each. its normally outside except when its snowy. every now and then some one come in the store and says are these really only a quarter? when i say yes they go to the paperbacks in the store and start loading up as if everything in the entire store was the same price as the raggety romance novels on the cart outside.

WeaponXCustoms
01-23-2011, 11:04 PM
Whoa now, hold on a minute. My wife is a teacher in public schools and LOTS of our friends are too. Public school teachers are some of the best people youll meet. They live less than great lives to literally give back to the community. Granted, I know some shitty ones, but they are a SMALL MINORITY, so you cant blame the "crappy public school system" for someone not learning how to read. People cant drop their kids off at school and expect the school to do everything. If people dont have an interest in their kids lives, it their fault, not the system. People need to take responsibility and stop looking to blame others. Thats a big part of Americas problems in general.

Yes but you are comparing Maine which is an exception to most rules and fucking all around amazing to what? I know plenty of good teachers but that doesnt change how the system works or guidelines they have to follow. More heavily populated areas with more diversity tend to have shittier schools than rural home town Americans enjoy. And its the urbanites and ignorance oozing from metro areas thats given the public system a bad name. In short, too many kids, not enough parents and not enough discipline. When I see kids out walking around dowtown immediately after school is out or even before of course im blaming the fucking school system and their parents because these kids dont have the oppurtunity to even help themselves most of the time. No after school programming, music, and arts is dead, and not everyone can play sports. Sorry for the rant.

Zefram
01-23-2011, 11:26 PM
Per Amazon's rules, if you are selling an item, it must be listed under the same ASIN as it came from. So, for example, if I want to sell the Iron Man II DVD from a DVD/BluRay 3-pack, I have to list it under the actual 3-pack it came with, I can't list it under the Iron Man 2 single DVD disc product.

I listed the disc under the 3-pack ASIN, per the rules. Amazon's rules for condition state that if items are missing, it's ok to list as long as what your listing still plays.

So, I listed the item as "Acceptable", per Amazon's rules, and stated very clearly "DVD DISC ONLY. No other discs, case, artwork are included." I actually put that in all caps to ensure it was clear.

Well, this jackass gets the DVD and files a claim. I kid you not, he claims a)"This is a fraud", b)"I can't even play this disc", and c)"Your comments were certainly not noticble on the screen that I ordered from".

Seriously? Dude, first of all I don't know any bluray players that don't play DVDs. Second, the whole reason for "comments" is so you can see what you're getting. The comments are always visible.

So anyway, I detail this out in my response to the claim. Amazon rules against me.

HUH?!?! I listed the disc under the ASIN it came from, just like the rules state.

Screw that jazz. Selling anything online sucks nowadays because people are stupid and can't read.

Here's your reply to Amazon.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/fitandhappy/epic-facepalm.jpg

I was saving it to send to my supervisor at work but it looks like you need it more.

Shogi
01-23-2011, 11:27 PM
I just want it to be known that I went to public schools and I can read :)

bluebikerboy1
01-23-2011, 11:59 PM

in fairness i will retract the bluntness of my statement, some teachers care and there are some schools that are good.................

bluebikerboy1
01-24-2011, 12:02 AM

i can read too but dont ask me to do any algebra or geometry any more lol

vermillion21
01-24-2011, 03:43 AM

me too ...
:)

vapor
01-24-2011, 03:55 AM
i once had a guy complain because it took his package four days to get to his house when he lived on the other side of the US and i had stated that i ship 24-48 hours after receiving payment. so givin that fact you would think it wouldnt be a big deal but he was crying. its like c'mon you know i could see if like 8 days went by but four, really?

Grepdogg
01-24-2011, 04:36 AM
This thread is crazy.

Are there any incomplete boxsets of DVD's of the Maine Public School system I can defecate on?

If so, can I get it on sale for 2 for $10 - not that ripoff crap of $4 each. And if anyone here does not like this post, they can stop reading blogs - because, you know, there are a like of dishonest posters.

bigvig
01-24-2011, 09:12 AM
Sorry for hijacking the thread.

All Ill say is this: I was having a bad day yesterday, my son has been sick, Ive been sick and last night I didnt feel well. Was just offering up another position from someone who makes his living selling on line, maybe I didnt explain it well, etc., but this is the internet. Its much different trying to communicate here on a Joe board where you dont know someone than in real life. Id wager that we all agree on more than it seems.

Again, sorry for hijacking your rant. There have been times on other boards that Ive been frustrated by life and vented too, and it sucks when someone makes it worse by fueling the fire as it may seem. It wasnt my intention.

Derek2783
01-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Sorry sorry for hijacking your rant.

It was a rant. This is the internet. It's pretty much the one time hijacking is not only permissible, its fully expected. No worries :D

Angry.Android
01-27-2011, 02:57 PM
I once had this lady, she was buying something it was ringing up at $4 each the conversation went something like this...
"Hey that's supposed to be 2 for $10."
"Yeah but it came up as $4 you lucked out."
"So your not gonna give me the sale price?"
"Uhhhh it rang up on sale, at a better price."
"But the sign said 2 for $10."
"Yeah and it rang up at $4...that's less."
"So your not gonna give me the sale price? I wanna see your manager."
"Fine, fine...." So I overode the sale price and charged her $5 each.
"That's more than it was."
"Yeah...2 for $10 is $5 each. You wanted that price I gave it to you."
"I've had enough of your attitude get your manager here."

So I did, she restated the case that I was not giving her the sale price which the manager verified was 2 for $10, which was the price I did ring up, and suddenly I could see the light go off in her head...and she realized how stupid she was and said, "Fine void them out I don't want'em."

Moron.

sounds like you should have smoothed her feathers by offering her a free gift with her purchase, like a complimentary choke hold applied by one of our trained staff!