PDA

View Full Version : episode 10 promo

kennywr22
01-21-2011, 06:08 PM
So I caught the fast promo for next weeks episode. Show Duke in prison and the Joe's coming up with a plan to get him out. Duke mentions the warden is making prisoner's fight. Hoping for maybe a cobra cameo.

RolandofGilead
01-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Cool! When do we get the next episode? I think tonight is a rerun right?

Saboteur
01-21-2011, 06:11 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0504189/plotsummary

MFJayman
01-21-2011, 06:14 PM
Yeah, just saw this too. I wonder if the warden himself could be Cobra affiliated. I think almost anyone in a position of authority could be suspect, in this Renegades Joeverse.

Maybe Duke and Zartan will be cellmates. :)

kennywr22
01-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Next Friday is the new one.

ultra8294
01-21-2011, 06:28 PM
"The A-Team" Pros and Cons (1983) - Plot Summary (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0504189/plotsummary)

Plot Summary for
"The A-Team" Pros and Cons (1983)

When a friend of B.A.'s ends up in a prison in Strykersville, FL, the team goes in with an elaborate plan to rescue him. The warden has developed a fight program and he forces prisoners to duke it out with the loser ending up dead and the winner on the run for his life while prison guards hunt him down. Face masquerades as a prison psychiatrist to gain the warden's trust, while Hannibal, B.A. and Murdock get themselves arrested and infiltrate the fight program. Written by R. Bernard Ment

I like how this says "duke it out". Ha Ha Hasbro!

Saboteur
01-21-2011, 06:31 PM
I literally read Kenny's plot description and thought, wait a minute!

Monkeywrench
01-21-2011, 06:32 PM
I can't wait!

kennywr22
01-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Man I would love for like a big boa cameo. Like he's the wardens prize fighter or something. I can dream. Can't place the warden as any cobra I can think of. He does look evil

Falcone
01-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Where did you find he promo? Also it seems out of place having Duke in jail considering the whole train escape thing that just happened.

Monkeywrench
01-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Maybe Duke and Zartan will be cellmates. :)

That would be funny

Saboteur
01-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Man I would love for like a big boa cameo. Like he's the wardens prize fighter or something. I can dream. Can't place the warden as any cobra I can think of. He does look evil

Gung-Ho was a brawler. Maybe he'll be in it.

MFJayman
01-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Where did you find he promo? Also it seems out of place having Duke in jail considering the whole train escape thing that just happened.

I have a feeling this is another episode that was originally meant to air before Homecoming.

MFJayman
01-21-2011, 07:54 PM
I bet we'll get another good cameo or two, maybe a prisoner who befriends and tries to help Duke and the others.

Monkeywrench
01-21-2011, 07:56 PM
I bet we'll get another good cameo or two, maybe a prisoner who befriends and tries to help Duke and the others.

i think thats likely or a guard that helps them. Maybe Mutt or Law.

MFJayman
01-21-2011, 08:25 PM
i think thats likely or a guard that helps them. Maybe Mutt or Law.

Aw, that would be cool. Perfect situation for their initial cameo. Maybe the future Mutt (or Law) could be sort of the warden's right hand man, and be torn between serving the warden loyally, or aiding the Joes (whom he has perhaps heard about on the news or something, and doesn't believe they are really guilty).

kennywr22
01-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Just noticed after watching the promo again that tunnel rat talks about placing a couple of well placed explosives in order to break out duke. Could tunnel rat be using explosives? nice. Also they say that duke is wrongly accused and sent to jail? Hmm. thought he was stealing parts. mybe not. Can't wait. That warden looks downright creepy.

General Hawk
01-21-2011, 08:58 PM
Was it JUST on, Kenny?

General Hawk
01-21-2011, 09:11 PM
YouTube - G.I. Joe: Renegades Episode 10 Promo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIVBsqOxHcE)

Promo is Up!

kennywr22
01-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Thanks justin.

General Hawk
01-21-2011, 09:26 PM
Anyone notice Scarlett in disguise at the end there? Looked an awful lot like Zarana...

Zablorg
01-21-2011, 09:30 PM
While these episodes may be good stand-alones, if I didn't know better about the episode order (which I'd imagine is the case with much of the show's audience), I'd be getting fairly dissapointed by now. I just hope the obvious slow down of the plot's momentum doesn't harm the show too much.

RenHoek
01-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Hell yeah. Tunnel Rat and explosives? Finally.

kennywr22
01-21-2011, 09:50 PM
Don't worry zablorg. After this episode we have the cobra facility one then the firefly episode. Good stuff coming.

steve2477
01-21-2011, 10:27 PM
At the end of the clip, Roadblock is in a prisoners outfit fighting Duke, so he must get arrested to help Duke out and Scarlett in civilian clothes must disguise as a visitor to see Duke. That big guard behind the warden looks like he could be Law. The warden has strange looking eyes. Looks good.

nightfall
01-21-2011, 10:58 PM
Looks like a good episode. Diggin' the new Joe alright.

MFJayman
01-21-2011, 11:48 PM
Anyone notice Scarlett in disguise at the end there? Looked an awful lot like Zarana...

Wow, I saw that and the first thing that popped into my head was, ZARANA! Then I thought, um, wait, that makes nooo sense. Then I shook my fists in the air and shouted, DAMNIT! DAMN IT ALL!

But at least we get Scarlett in jean cutoffs. Ok, I'm in.

RenHoek
01-21-2011, 11:58 PM
I wonder if the warden's gonna be a named character? And is it just me, or does he kinda look like a sinister Don Knotts?

Monkeywrench
01-22-2011, 12:09 AM
YouTube - G.I. Joe: Renegades Episode 10 Promo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIVBsqOxHcE)

Promo is Up!

awesome. Thanks!!

Snake Shadow09
01-22-2011, 01:56 AM
looks lame.

cant wait until episode 12 and firefly!

MFJayman
01-22-2011, 10:23 AM
I didn't notice any sign of Cobra in this promo. One thing I came to realize after the Arashikage eps was that I REALLY miss Cobra when they're absent from an episode. Especially from two.

I think that Descent, The Package, and Homecoming really propelled the overall story and plot forward very strongly. Arashikage, Rage and Noks Rising, not so much, aside from introducing characters like McCullen and the Noks, who will obviously have important, or at least significant, roles in future eps.

I don't think this would have been too much an issue, had the episodes been in order. But as it is, at the end of Homecoming CC essentially "promised" us that Cobra would go full tilt at the Joes, really ramp things up even further, and launch us into a new level of conflict in the 2nd part of the season. But all that is being delayed, due to the episode reordering that happened.

Nonetheless, I do still enjoy the stand-alone, or filler, episodes. And they can provide a nice breather from the straight-ahead Joe vs. Cobra conflict. But I'm very eager right now to get back to the forward thrust of the main story, and having already seen Homecoming makes this eagerness even stronger.

Saboteur
01-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Lol. Not only is it a replica of A-Team's Pro's and Cons. It's called Joe's and Cons.

I'd like to see Hub do one similiar to A Nice Place to Visit.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0504145/plotsummary

Bazooka is the former friend who dies!

Zefram
01-22-2011, 10:44 AM

Promo is Up!

Good looks, man.

ChaplainAsst
01-22-2011, 10:49 AM
It is nice to see that Hasbro's writers get that "Renegades" is very similar to the A-Team, although not sure how the A-Team writers would feel about them ripping off the story - even if it is acknowledged in the title. Why couldn't Renegades do something original? I actually like the Cobra episodes (with the exception of the pilot), but these weekly diversions - even if they do introduce critical characters - seem like a poor decision. Particularly now that they have been shown out of order.