PDA

View Full Version : Renegades Firefly = Ripcord?

Gyre-Viper
01-17-2011, 10:48 PM
EDIT: it seems Saboteur already thought of this before I did.
which can be seen as creepy or amusing, depending on how you look at it. hahahaha.

ripcord gets left behind by the joes in the Bio-Viper lab...

gets angry... maybe gets his mind bended...

becomes firefly (who is black in the comics)

you know I'm right.

hhahhah.

RenHoek
01-17-2011, 10:50 PM
But if Firefly's Ripcord, then who killed Hard Master?

Griff
01-17-2011, 10:50 PM

you know I'm right.

hhahhah.

as freakin' ATROCIOUS as that storyline is I would NOT put it past them to do something stupid like that....after all these are the same people who made walking blue jello shoot lasers at joes.

Griff
01-17-2011, 10:51 PM

He had some bad wasabi! lol

Gyre-Viper
01-17-2011, 10:54 PM

Nemesis Enforcer.
Pay attention.

as freakin' ATROCIOUS as that storyline is I would NOT put it past them to do something stupid like that....after all these are the same people who made walking blue jello shoot lasers at joes.

BLUE JELLLL-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saboteur
01-17-2011, 10:55 PM
I brought this up a while back. I thought it would've been a great idea.

Big IV
01-17-2011, 10:55 PM

Stupid? That would be a nice bring back of Ripcord and we all know he's coming back. I'd rather he come back as a character that matters or at least a character that will stick around for a while.

If he doesn't come back in Ep12 as FireFly, then Ripcord will wind up back as a mutant viral viper. Perhaps he'll be a blue blob shape shifter that can take the form of the fallen Ripcord. The blobs have become more tangible since the first episode. They looked nearly human when Bludd was using them. Does that mean they're advancing? Shape shifters? Why not.

Gyre-Viper
01-17-2011, 10:57 PM

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything but if you also had this thought now I'm concerned we're onto something. HAHAHAHAH.

NERD RAGE!!!!!!! shall ensue.

RenHoek
01-17-2011, 10:59 PM
He had some bad wasabi! lol

Who drinks tea with wasabi?

KingBiohazerd
01-17-2011, 11:01 PM
I could see this happening tbh I wouldn't be surprised if it

RenHoek
01-17-2011, 11:02 PM
Stupid? That would be a nice bring back of Ripcord and we all know he's coming back. I'd rather he come back as a character that matters or at least a character that will stick around for a while.

If he doesn't come back in Ep12 as FireFly, then Ripcord will wind up back as a mutant viral viper. Perhaps he'll be a blue blob shape shifter that can take the form of the fallen Ripcord. The blobs have become more tangible since the first episode. They looked nearly human when Bludd was using them. Does that mean they're advancing? Shape shifters? Why not.

Naw, I'm sure he's dead for real. With the quality they've been showing as of late, I don't think they're going to drop low enough to that old cliche of story.

Gyre-Viper
01-17-2011, 11:02 PM
Naw, I'm sure he's dead for real. With the quality they've been showing as of late, I don't think they're going to drop low enough to that old cliche of story.

i tend to think he's dead.

kneroh
01-17-2011, 11:03 PM
You left out that he studied Eco Warrioring under Lobotomaxx.

Python_Puckman
01-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Ripcord... a ninja?! That's preposterous

Griff
01-17-2011, 11:07 PM
If they ever bring bacl schlock-cord in rengades then the gotdamn well better bring back cliff jumper in tf prime. Schlock cord sucked. :D

Saboteur
01-17-2011, 11:07 PM
I did a quick search and couldn't find anything but if you also had this thought now I'm concerned we're onto something. HAHAHAHAH.

I don't remember which thread it was in. I do remember saying I thought it would be neat if he was a pawn store owner with the slogan "no refunds and no guarantees" that would become his slogan and a nod to his original filecard.

Then, the idea that he was Ripcord looking for revenge hit me dead on. I think it would be an interesting twist.

The Rage would be stiffling, to say the least.

Saboteur
01-17-2011, 11:21 PM

Found it!
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-renegades-animation-discussion/92260-firefly-beachead.html

thealleyviper
01-17-2011, 11:26 PM
If Ripcord comes back, then it was Zartan that killed Hard Master.

Though I doubt Ripcord will come back. After all the P&M'ing 'Tankers did over him "becoming" black for the movie, Hasbro lurkers on the 'Tank informed corporate and they killed him off as a nod to all those haters that're gonna hate.

fireflyed
01-17-2011, 11:27 PM
I would love it if you're right.

Gyre-Viper
01-17-2011, 11:28 PM
Found it!
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-renegades-animation-discussion/92260-firefly-beachead.html

hahahahahaha. wow. i totally never saw that thread.
i'm officially frightened that we're onto something.

Griff
01-17-2011, 11:29 PM

Though I doubt Ripcord will come back. After all the P&M'ing 'Tankers did over him "becoming" black for the movie, Hasbro lurkers on the 'Tank informed corporate and they killed him off as a nod to all those haters that're gonna hate.

Thats not hating...thems results son :D

Gyre-Viper
01-17-2011, 11:31 PM
i was thinking about when BFJ posted his IG Sky Dive... then I was thinking about Kneroh's IG Sky Dive image... and I started thinking about canceled ripcord and then i was thinking about Renegades ripcord... and then i was thinking about renegades... and then I was thinking about the upcoming firefly episode... and then i was like... wait a minute... but i was only joking. i'm astounded that someone else thought about this. i mean it's not immediately obvious but ... it's not exactly far fetched. heheheh.

RenHoek
01-17-2011, 11:43 PM

But how could Zartan kill the Hard Master if he's just a biker? He doesn't seem like the type to somehow be a super-secret international assassin. Plus, why would he want the Arashikage leader dead? It's not like he'd get anything out of it.

Griff
01-17-2011, 11:44 PM
But how could Zartan kill the Hard Master if he's just a biker? He doesn't seem like the type to somehow be a super-secret international assassin. Plus, why would he want the Arashikage leader dead? It's not like he'd get anything out of it.

Maybe he got a cool new bathrobe? he did always take somehting from his victims.

GI Guppy the third
01-17-2011, 11:44 PM

I remember that and I believed I piggy backed that.

I think it's a gazillion times better than the Duke-Rex-Baroness dynamic from the movie.

RenHoek
01-17-2011, 11:47 PM
Maybe he got a cool new bathrobe? he did always take somehting from his victims.

Yeah, but how could he possibly retrieve it? The entire clan would be on the lookout for the killer, and there's no way big old meatball Zartan could possibly sneak in and get it.

kjl2381
01-17-2011, 11:49 PM
If Rip-sh*t becomes firefly... I quit.

Griff
01-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Yeah, but how could he possibly retrieve it? The entire clan would be on the lookout for the killer, and there's no way big old meatball Zartan could possibly sneak in and get it.

maybe he threw his voice ?

RenHoek
01-18-2011, 12:44 AM
Maybe?

Steevy Maximus
01-18-2011, 01:26 AM
I actually like the idea, not only would it be a neat homage to Sigma Six (where Firefly was initially a JOe who turned traitor), I think concept here is VERY good for a potential story, and I think would flesh out Ripcord and Firefly in an interesting new way.

Certainly better than rehashing the same damn mediocre story from 20 years ago.

RenHoek
01-18-2011, 01:28 AM
I actually like the idea, not only would it be a neat homage to Sigma Six (where Firefly was initially a JOe who turned traitor), I think concept here is VERY good for a potential story, and I think would flesh out Ripcord and Firefly in an interesting new way.

But it's been done a thousand times.

Zefram
01-18-2011, 01:35 AM
Posting in epic thread.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Motivators/Adversity.jpg

RenHoek
01-18-2011, 01:45 AM
Posting in epic thread.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Motivators/Adversity.jpg

I wouldn't say it was that epic..

Griff
01-18-2011, 01:46 AM

well if they do it that way..will the character be firecord..or much better potential for tunnel rat jokes....Ripfly. oh the humanity. muahahahaha

Kujo
01-18-2011, 04:28 AM
If Rip-sh*t becomes firefly... I quit.

I'm glad to see someone has their head screwed on straight. Is nothing sacred in G.I. Joe anymore? Maybe Snake-Eyes will turn into a woman in season 2.

ShockVal
01-18-2011, 04:41 AM
Damn this is too confusing for me.

fireflyguy
01-18-2011, 07:22 AM
I'm pretty stoked about FF making an appearance in Renegades. If it does turn out to be Ripcord, then the character will end up being more like Deadpool -- dangerous but talks too much.

misfit1015
01-18-2011, 07:28 AM
Damn this is too confusing for me.

same here....

So Firefly is a mutated version of a Bio Viper that eats Ripcord who became Cover Girl after a freak accident involving Snake Eyes?

Trooper13
01-18-2011, 08:15 AM
Ripcord as Firefly? I'd TOTALLY be down for that. What a killer spin to put on the mythos. Not sure we'll see it, but it'd be one kickass twist.

Saboteur
01-18-2011, 11:14 AM
Get. Ready. For. Rage...

fireflyguy
01-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Maybe Snake-Eyes will turn into a woman in season 2.

Why not? It's about the only version of SE that Hasbro has never made!

skrapps
01-18-2011, 12:00 PM
zartan killed hardmaster, i was there hiding in a bonzai tree

Gideon75
01-18-2011, 12:19 PM
EDIT: it seems Saboteur already thought of this before I did.
which can be seen as creepy or amusing, depending on how you look at it. hahahaha.

you know I'm right.

hhahhah.

Isn't this the same kind of plot as the X-Men cartoon of the 1990's? Remember Morph was supposedly killed in an explosion at a facility only to show up later as a bad guy...

Gyre-Viper
01-18-2011, 12:48 PM
Isn't this the same kind of plot as the X-Men cartoon of the 1990's? Remember Morph was supposedly killed in an explosion at a facility only to show up later as a bad guy...

pretty much. heheh.

Gyre-Viper
01-18-2011, 12:49 PM
Get. Ready. For. Rage...

hey you thought of it first. i'm just gonna pretend it never occurred to me.

i mean if hasbro is thinking maybe the cartoon will get some kids into the comics... it makes sense to have there be SOME consistency between the two.

Trooper13
01-18-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm just waiting for them to go home and offer their condolences to his family and find they are all white and have red hair...

;)

Gideon75
01-18-2011, 04:23 PM
pretty much. heheh.

Well, as long as they introduce a new character named Victor Creed I'm all in.

Troynos
01-18-2011, 04:35 PM

I did.

RenHoek
01-18-2011, 05:16 PM
I did.

Well, you do seem to have an anti-ninja agenda.....