PDA

View Full Version : Renegades episode 12 detail info: FIREFLY!!!!

kennywr22
01-15-2011, 10:37 PM
Thats right baby. Everyones favorite cobra saboteur is coming in episode 12 titled firefight. Heres the details:

G.I. Joe Renegades Episodes - G.I. Joe Renegades Full Episode Guides from Season 1 on The Hub | TVGuide.com (http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/gi-joe-renegades/episodes-season-1/308052)

Monkeywrench
01-15-2011, 10:37 PM
Yes!!!

UMAN
01-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Shut the front door.

Monkeywrench
01-15-2011, 10:40 PM
the bad thing is the bio vipers return :(

kennywr22
01-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Oh,and bio vipers....meh..

kennywr22
01-15-2011, 10:41 PM
you beat me to it monkey wrench.lol.

Griff
01-15-2011, 10:43 PM
im not jumping for joy until i see him (praying for an ARAH not idw firefly).

Monkeywrench
01-15-2011, 10:43 PM
you beat me to it monkey wrench.lol.

lol. i'm interested where this show will fall into the timeline. will it be pre homecoming or post?

kennywr22
01-15-2011, 11:01 PM
Never seen the idw version of firefly. What's he like?

Monkeywrench
01-15-2011, 11:03 PM
Never seen the idw version of firefly. What's he like?

i dunno either except that he's black now

Griff
01-15-2011, 11:06 PM

and his outfit looks like those god awful ACU's the military makes soldiers wear instead of the cooler more urban camo look.

RenHoek
01-15-2011, 11:12 PM
Hellz yeah! Firefly! As long as he's going to be a badass with a mask, he's gonna flippin' awesome!

CrimsonGuard101
01-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Hes gonna be a grey suit snake eyes....exact analog...and will have that goofy spastic voice that mindbender has...and Destro will need to avenge him too. Not holding my breathe on this one, they have just about ruined every character cept baroness and Major Bluud.

Trooper13
01-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Can't wait!

Steel_rain501
01-15-2011, 11:29 PM
I hope he looks like Human Unit Never Killed.

http://lounge.moviecodec.com/images/attachment/hunk-7428.jpg

WeaponXCustoms
01-15-2011, 11:35 PM

No!!!! R U serious???

Monkeywrench
01-15-2011, 11:37 PM
No!!!! R U serious???

yes

Trooper13
01-15-2011, 11:39 PM
No!!!! R U serious???

Yep, and it might have been the artist, but it looks like he put on a few pounds. I know some people don't dig when they mess around with characters, but IDW FF is cool. The way he rigged the building to explode in that issue was freakin' awesome. There would be no way, and no evidence to make anyone think sabotage had even occurred. IDW FF proves why FF is so bad ass.

WeaponXCustoms
01-16-2011, 12:44 AM
oh...havent seen those comics :( I really like the Sideshow version for a figure concept.

Trooper13
01-16-2011, 12:50 AM
oh...havent seen those comics :( I really like the Sideshow version for a figure concept.

Yeah, to me the Sideshow with the black balaclava is the ultimate Firefly in terms of physical representations. It's a perfect update as far as gear goes. He looks like he walked straight out of MW2, or something.

samantha
01-16-2011, 12:55 AM
I am looking forward to this episode.

WeaponXCustoms
01-16-2011, 01:01 AM
Yeah, to me the Sideshow with the black balaclava is the ultimate Firefly in terms of physical representations. It's a perfect update as far as gear goes. He looks like he walked straight out of MW2, or something.

Well I had no problem with Ripcord in ROC...so Im not going to be a hypocrit but now I feel the Ripcord fan pain. Oh well :) I can hope he stays true to his character and thats all.

Trooper13
01-16-2011, 01:08 AM
Well I had no problem with Ripcord in ROC...so Im not going to be a hypocrit but now I feel the Ripcord fan pain. Oh well :) I can hope he stays true to his character and thats all.

The only thing that changed about FF in IDW was his race. He was still the best there was at what he did.

I don't care about the race thing, at all. Personally, I didn't like that they took the "Ripcord Character" and made him a clown who wanted to fly jets. I loved the original Rip, who was a serious soldier. HALO jumping is a sick way to make a living.

That being said, I just filed it under the alternate universes file in my brain. I don't care if they change a characters race, or even gender, but the personality and goal change kind of irked me. To me that's what makes a character. Now nothing really bothers me at all.

I learned to live with it when RoC made Zartan into a character that I didn't roll my eyes about when he was mentioned or came onscreen. RoC Zartan was perfect, IMO, and a very big departure from the original.

As far as figures, for the most part I love what Sideshow is doing. Hasbro has been very hit or miss...

CrimsonGuard101
01-16-2011, 01:24 AM
The only thing that changed about FF in IDW was his race. He was still the best there was at what he did.

I don't care about the race thing, at all. Personally, I didn't like that they took the "Ripcord Character" and made him a clown who wanted to fly jets. I loved the original Rip, who was a serious soldier. HALO jumping is a sick way to make a living.

That being said, I just filed it under the alternate universes file in my brain. I don't care if they change a characters race, or even gender, but the personality and goal change kind of irked me. To me that's what makes a character. Now nothing really bothers me at all.

I learned to live with it when RoC made Zartan into a character that I didn't roll my eyes about when he was mentioned or came onscreen. RoC Zartan was perfect, IMO, and a very big departure from the original.

As far as figures, for the most part I love what Sideshow is doing. Hasbro has been very hit or miss...

I loved the ROC Zartan as the actor Vosloo can make any cobra perfect...he was about the only character that I felt fit the part, he should have been the one with the stealth suit though and not the joes, would be awesome to see him poppin gin and out like the way scarlett did while the baron was watching her. However the design fits better in modenr times the the OG zartan did and I never liked the ARAH zartan anyway 9albeit he was better then the renegades one). Master of disguise does not mean the need to be a biker, a goblin, or any other retard character you can come up with, he just blends in with people, disappears...you'll never see him again kinda guy. Just wish ROC Zartan had more of a part to play instead of becoming the english US president...

Sideshow's renditions are perfect melds with ARAH and newer takes on the figures. They have been hit or miss, but not as much as Hasbro's where we can get 2-3 waves of bombs with 1 decent figure...to sideshows every other offering 9especially the joes, beachhead has been about the only good one until dusty appeared)

Steel Brigade
01-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Hopefully Firefly's cool.

Saboteur
01-16-2011, 04:03 PM
About Fraking time!

Thanks for the head up Kenny.

steve_smmr
01-16-2011, 04:47 PM
i'm curious how they handle firefly.... and how they'll explain cobra hiring him.

D00MTR0N
01-16-2011, 05:08 PM
cool but when are we going to see destro with the mask?!

firefly069
01-16-2011, 05:18 PM
cool! Bring it!

ecsmith7
01-16-2011, 06:25 PM
I really hope he isn't black. I really don't understand why they feel they need to change the race of any character. Isn't the joe team already a significant melting pot of ethnicities, professions and outfits? I just hope it's the classic FF and not some cockamamie rendition.

Snake Shadow09
01-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Heck yes!!

Snake Shadow09
01-16-2011, 06:28 PM
hope he ears that epic mask from the poc line.

RenHoek
01-16-2011, 06:37 PM
hope he ears that epic mask from the poc line.

Which one?

Weezus
01-16-2011, 06:52 PM
hopefully hes not a ninja and isnt damon wayans.

ChaplainAsst
01-16-2011, 07:07 PM
All of these new episodes listed look good, except "Busted". Duke getting captured is classic, but looks like another detour for the story.

RenHoek
01-16-2011, 07:10 PM
All of these new episodes listed look good, except "Busted". Duke getting captured is classic, but looks like another detour for the story.

So? At least they'll be detouring for a reason. You can't expect for everyone to leave Duke behind just so they can get closer to uncovering Cobra.

Trooper13
01-16-2011, 07:15 PM
No, but we could hope... ;)

ChaplainAsst
01-16-2011, 07:27 PM
So? At least they'll be detouring for a reason. You can't expect for everyone to leave Duke behind just so they can get closer to uncovering Cobra.

I can only say, "We will see" but is it really necessary to stop the story to have this little side trips every few episodes? But who knows - maybe they will run into Crystal ball as a police interrogator?

MeLikeJinx
01-17-2011, 02:50 AM
Of all the Cobra characters in Renegades... I am curious about Firefly the most.

John_0515
01-17-2011, 04:05 AM
Rip Cord may return in this episode, or be mentioned.

I'm waiting for him to return, not because I want to, but I just believe that he will.

Snake Shadow09
01-17-2011, 11:43 AM

I'm waiting for him to return, not because I want to, but I just believe that he will.

ripcord may be ff..

Zefram
01-17-2011, 11:47 AM

You know what I'd really love to see? A scene, maybe at the end of one episode, where Duke visit's Ripord's family. Not necessarily looking for forgiveness, but even just to give them some answers.

Handled properly, it would really hammer home the point that these are characters with friends and families and not just plot devices. The worst thing they could do is just up and forget he ever existed.

MFJayman
01-17-2011, 12:20 PM
You know what I'd really love to see? A scene, maybe at the end of one episode, where Duke visit's Ripord's family. Not necessarily looking for forgiveness, but even just to give them some answers.

Handled properly, it would really hammer home the point that these are characters with friends and families and not just plot devices. The worst thing they could do is just up and forget he ever existed.

Yeah, I'd like to see that too, at some point. Duke did seem rather affected by Ripcord's death, unlike Scarlett, and he got downright angry when she seemed so unconcerned and uncaring about it.

Visiting Ripcord's family could help highlight Duke's humanity and compassion. And seeing the family's distress could also help stoke Duke's (and the team's) animosity towards Cobra even further.

kennywr22
01-17-2011, 01:03 PM
You know what sucks the most about this episode? That there is a three week wait after till the next new episode! !! That seriously blows. I wonder if transformers prime coming back at that same time has something to do with it? Maybe they want to pump transformers and save the new Joe episodes till a little later? Who knows. That is gonna be an epic wait though. Good thing the graphic novels start coming out on the 22nd of Feb.

Trooper13
01-17-2011, 01:17 PM
You know what sucks the most about this episode? That there is a three week wait after till the next new episode! !! That seriously blows. I wonder if transformers prime coming back at that same time has something to do with it? Maybe they want to pump transformers and save the new Joe episodes till a little later? Who knows. That is gonna be an epic wait though. Good thing the graphic novels start coming out on the 22nd of Feb.

Three weeks?!? That sucks!

MFJayman
01-17-2011, 02:03 PM

Whoa, I thought it was 2 weeks. Okay, well then, this would be a good time for them to give us a little 9 episode marathon with all the eps in proper order.

Oh wait, there are probably a few pre-Homecoming eps yet to air. So maybe not.

Troynos
01-17-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm wondering if the Renegades version will be black or not.

So far IDW's has had only the one appearance and it wasn't a major one.

kennywr22
01-17-2011, 02:15 PM
MSN shows it returning March 5th with "whiteout".

Zefram
01-17-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm wondering if the Renegades version will be black or not.

It's a three-inch patch of skin, so I'm going to file it under "don't really care either way".

MFJayman
01-17-2011, 02:26 PM
MSN shows it returning March 5th with "whiteout".

Oh, woops...forgot this is ep. 12 thread ( I was thinking ep. 9 in my previous post). Argh, I'm thread hopping too much.

Ok, so then, a marathon with properly ordered episodes would be feasible after ep. 12. I really hope they do this.

Barefoot Jedi
01-17-2011, 02:29 PM

I'd so love to see that also.

I was looking at the episode guide at imdb.com. I didn't realize we're not even halfway to the end of the season yet!

MFJayman
01-17-2011, 03:15 PM
True, Jedi.
It's a little frustrating that we are indeed not even half way through the season, and yet we've already basically seen the mid season episodes, Homecoming. And we saw those at the 1/4 mark in the season. No wonder those episodes were so good--everything was leading up to them, and they were meant to launch us into the second half of the season, into a whole new level of the story.

RenHoek
01-17-2011, 04:19 PM
You know, it seems like every week they add new bad guys. After Firefly, who do we have next? Copperhead and Wild Weasel come to mind, and Tomax and Xamot are due to show up sometime soon.

MFJayman
01-17-2011, 04:46 PM
It would be cool to see Copperhead. I had a friend as a kid who always said Copperhead was a Dreadnok, and so we used him as such. So I think I was subconsciously disappointed when CH didn't show up in episode 9. :)

Troynos
01-17-2011, 04:48 PM
I think the rerun of Season 1 over the summer will be in order.

I HOPE!!

RenHoek
01-17-2011, 04:53 PM
It would be cool to see Copperhead. I had a friend as a kid who always said Copperhead was a Dreadnok, and so we used him as such. So I think I was subconsciously disappointed when CH didn't show up in episode 9. :)

Well, who knows, maybe there are more Dreadnoks besides Zartan and his locked-up pals. We still have quite a lot of Dreadnoks that didn't show up last episode.

MFJayman
01-17-2011, 05:02 PM
I think the rerun of Season 1 over the summer will be in order.

I HOPE!!

Ugghh, what a long wait!

Well, at least we now know the proper order. Its all those people who may just now be coming to the show and are not aware of the order issue that I'm concerned about. People who might initially feel so-so about the show might be fully won over if they knew what order they should watch the episodes in, on Youtube or wherever.

XAMOT
01-17-2011, 06:43 PM
Cool, aside from the fact he probably won't look like his original self that we all know and love.

DavAnthony
01-17-2011, 06:53 PM
Maybe they'll make Firefly a woman now, why not?

It seems at this point they are just trying to do things to make the characters different as opposed to focusing on the story.

However I've enjoyed the majority of shows so far so hopefully they'll get back on the ball soon.

RenHoek
01-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Guys, I'm sure he'll still have his normal old balaclava. Just because some of the characters so far haven't looked exactly like they used to doesn't mean Firefly will be a woman.

Monkeywrench
01-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Maybe they'll make Firefly a woman now, why not?

they better not

Saboteur
01-17-2011, 07:21 PM
I'd like to see Ripcord return this episode...

And get his stupid ass shot or blown straight to hell by Firefly.

kjl2381
01-18-2011, 12:32 AM
im not jumping for joy until i see him (praying for an ARAH not idw firefly).

Amen