PDA

View Full Version : G.I. Joe Renegades Proper Episode Order

Tony_Bacala
01-15-2011, 02:39 PM
I'm not going to get into this like it's concrete, but it seems that these episodes were written and designed to air in a different order than what was aired.

In the data for each ep as seen on my DVR, the eps have episode numbers.

They are not airing in that order. But here is what I have. This data is usually pushed to guide data providers by the original company (aka HUB).

Descent 1 = 01
Descent 2 = 02
Rage = 03
Dreadnoks Rising = 04
The Package = 05
Return of the Arashikage 1 = 06
Return of the Arashikage 2 = 07
Busted = 08
The Enemy of my Enemy = 09
Fire Fight = 10 (According to iTunes)
Homecoming Pt 1 = 11 (According to iTunes)
Homecoming Pt 2 = 12 (According to iTunes)
Brothers of Light = 13
Knockoffs = 14 (According to iTunes)
White Out = 15

Fire Fight = NO NUMBER ATTACHED TO EP ON DVR
Homecoming 1 = NO NUMBER ATTACHED TO EP ON DVR
Homecoming 2 = NO NUMBER ATTACHED TO EP ON DVR
Knockoffs - NO NUMBER ATTACHED TO EP ON DVR

Looks like Fire Fight, and Homecoming are 10/11/12 in some order.

Now, since they did air out of order in first run, and we are documenting it, the fans can fight for decades on what the true order is. Have at it :).

xSwamiJayx
01-15-2011, 02:45 PM
This is incredibly useful. Thanks!

Shogi
01-15-2011, 02:48 PM
When did they steal Flint's jeep? If it was any episode other than Descent then how would they be able to use it in Rage if this is the order of the episodes?

Trust me, I know the problems of fighting for the proper episode order of a show.....I still hate that everyone believes the final order of Batman Beyond that's on the DVDs :D

Tony_Bacala
01-15-2011, 02:59 PM
When did they steal Flint's jeep? If it was any episode other than Descent then how would they be able to use it in Rage if this is the order of the episodes?

Trust me, I know the problems of fighting for the proper episode order of a show.....I still hate that everyone believes the final order of Batman Beyond that's on the DVDs :D

Just checked (have them here). Took jeep at very end of Descent part 2. Lady Jaye said "keys were in the ignition" to Flint.

Shogi
01-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Just checked (have them here). Took jeep at very end of Descent part 2. Lady Jaye said "keys were in the ignition" to Flint.

Ok then, you may be on to something. I'm currently rewatching Rage and the part where Duke tells Scarlett "Again with the Cobra, you know, one corporation isn't behind every evil in the world." would make a lot more sense if this was the 3rd episode and they hadn't been battling Cobra for a few episodes

Tony_Bacala
01-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Im guessing they just made a judgment call after they were done to keeping energy going week to week. Some of those single eps won't appeal to kids as much. They are good BG/Filler eps. But, if they aren't watching because it got boring, doesn't matter. The 2-parters keep them coming back, plus, are more exciting in general.

Probably stacking the best ones early in hopes to keep ratings up and build a following, then go back and put the fillers in once (if) they get that.

Shogi
01-15-2011, 03:14 PM
Im guessing they just made a judgment call after they were done to keeping energy going week to week. Some of those single eps won't appeal to kids as much. They are good BG/Filler eps. But, if they aren't watching because it got boring, doesn't matter. The 2-parters keep them coming back, plus, are more exciting in general.

Probably stacking the best ones early in hopes to keep ratings up and build a following, then go back and put the fillers in once (if) they get that.

Yeah, that happens a lot with episodes.

My biggest gripe is that most DVD's are released with all the episodes in air date order rather than production number order

luigi
01-15-2011, 03:33 PM
hell
let us all hope when they release the dvd the release them in production order not air date

Black Swan
01-15-2011, 03:37 PM
hell
let us all hope when they release the dvd the release them in production order not air date

Fat chance of that happening. Thanks T_B for taking the time to put the episodes in order.

fireflyguy
01-15-2011, 04:37 PM
I thought that the episodes were being aired in the proper order, but based on things that have been said in various episodes, such as what Shogi pointed out, I think the ops list is probably as close as we have to the correct order.

I hate when this is done, though. It gets confusing for me.

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
01-15-2011, 05:20 PM
That's annoying....we're following a story one that depends on episodes progressing in a certain order, airing them out of order is just annoying.

Monkeywrench
01-15-2011, 06:37 PM
hell

I hope so too

Monkeywrench
01-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Echo said before in another thread but I think it would be really cool and really helpfull if we got a Q & A session with the creators/writers of the show after the 1st season. I think the obvious first question would be the order of the episodes.

MFJayman
01-15-2011, 07:34 PM
That's annoying....we're following a story one that depends on episodes progressing in a certain order, airing them out of order is just annoying.

I totally agree. I recall that one of the big points made by the creators back before the show debuted was that the storyline would follow a consistent linear progression, one episodes building on the last, with repercussions from events in previous episodes carrying over into future ones.

Nevertheless, I must say, the show has at least worked and made sense in the order it's been shown. But to see the episodes in their true order would certainly improve the feel and quality of our experience of the show, overall. Its definitely important, though not necessarily crucial.

Zefram
01-15-2011, 07:43 PM
Remember how Baroness corrects herself in Homecoming Pt 2 about Destro's name? It was way to deliberate to be random, so I think it's safe to say there's at least one more pre-Homecoming ep they need to air before things are back on track. Suck's they're taking a week off before we'll see it.

As for people complaining about the DVDs not being in proper order, WTF DVDs have you been buying? A lot of DVDs actually have "in the order they were intended" as a selling point! Crusade and Firefly are two of the more famous ones, but there are others.

MFJayman
01-15-2011, 07:46 PM
Echo said before in another thread but I think it would be really cool and really helpfull if we got a Q & A session with the creators/writers of the show after the 1st season. I think the obvious first question would be the order of the episodes.

Is the end of the season the earliest they would give a Q&A? I'm not entirely familiar on the process. Seems like a very long time to wait, for something that is nagging at me more and more now.

My best hope right now is for a marathon of back to back episodes, with each episode placed in its correct order. And for it to air next week :)

Barring that, I guess we'd have to wait until a Q&A, or a properly ordered DVD, for confirmation of these theories.

Trooper13
01-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Remember how Baroness corrects herself in Homecoming Pt 2 about Destro's name? It was way to deliberate to be random, so I think it's safe to say there's at least one more pre-Homecoming ep they need to air before things are back on track. Suck's they're taking a week off before we'll see it.

That's what I've been saying. Honestly, it really bothered me when I first started noticing it. I try to just turn off that part of my brain when I watch now, and just enjoy the story.

As for people complaining about the DVDs not being in proper order, WTF DVDs have you been buying? A lot of DVDs actually have "in the order they were intended" as a selling point! Crusade and Firefly are two of the more famous ones, but there are others.

I've heard of that. Actually, I think they showed Angel out of order once or twice. Not sure if the sets are in the correct order, though. Shows airing out of order alot more often then many of us probably think.

The quality of Renegades is pretty high considering we're noticing little things that in even live action shows someone might miss. This show is awesome.

Monkeywrench
01-15-2011, 07:48 PM

Your right. I have a feeling that there will be several more shows before we get caught up to Homecoming.

Jones boys
01-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Wasn't the launch date delayed? If they wanted there to be Xmas episodes (homecoming) then that's why they may have aired out of order?

Monkeywrench
01-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Wasn't the launch date delayed? If they wanted there to be Xmas episodes (homecoming) then that's why they may have aired out of order?

That's pretty much what we've determined.

Shogi
01-15-2011, 08:00 PM

Well saying that a lot of DVDs are in the propper order is different from saying all DVDs are in the proper order. I'm sure majority of them may be in the proper order and the shows air correctly so it winds up being a moot point anyway with those shows.

With Firefly, it was aired so much out of order and skipped episodes that you'd have to make it a point of saying the DVD was in the intended order :) I don't know what Crusade is so I can't comment on it.

Batman Beyond Season 3 is definitely out of order. since they went with air dates as the order and WB skipped a filler episode "Unmasked" so it never actually aired until Cartoon Network got the series a year or more later. So the DVD's have that as the last episode. Also a crossover episode with Zeta was aired at a different date due to the Zeta Project having a Batman Beyond episode and they wanted to air both on the same day (Back when both shows were airing Saturdays on the WB)

I don't know about the other seasons of Batman Beyond as I haven't checked them against the production numbers (I used to work at a WB station when we aired Batman Beyond so everyday I had rundowns of the episodes with titles and production numbers)

I've heard that Transformers suffers from the same problem in later seasons but I haven't looked into it. I'm sure there's a bunch of cartoons and possibly some other TV shows as well that have this problem

MFJayman
01-15-2011, 08:09 PM

Someone had mentioned (or theorized) that Renegades had originally been slated for its debut on the same week as the Hub debut, but was later pushed back to coincide with the TF Prime debut, resulting in the necessity to shuffle episodes, with the only fixed ones being Homecoming. If this is the case, I imagine that there must be a few more pre-Homecoming eps out there, unless they originally intended to stick a few two week breaks between the ones we’ve already seen.

Ultimatecalibur
01-16-2011, 04:03 AM
If they planned Homecoming to end a half season (13 episode) intro arc, then a large number of the annoyances, like the Bio-Viper overload, were unintended mishaps.

Monkeywrench
01-17-2011, 01:03 AM
If they planned Homecoming to end a half season (13 episode) intro arc, then a large number of the annoyances, like the Bio-Viper overload, were unintended mishaps.

you might be right. Hopefully we will find out one day

MFJayman
01-17-2011, 12:30 PM

I'm fairly convinced at this point that Homecoming was indeed meant to be a mid-season 2-parter. Everything seemed to converge together, Team Duke, Flint, Cobra, SS, on that train. And then CC says that he's pulling out all the stops, he's going to, from here on out, throw everything at the Joes--definitely ratchets up the stakes. Seems to be the start of a whole new level of conflict.

Zefram
01-17-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm fairly convinced at this point that Homecoming was indeed meant to be a mid-season 2-parter. Everything seemed to converge together, Team Duke, Flint, Cobra, SS, on that train. And then CC says that he's pulling out all the stops, he's going to, from here on out, throw everything at the Joes--definitely ratchets up the stakes. Seems to be the start of a whole new level of conflict.

That actually makes a good deal of sense.

Troynos
01-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Yeah, and don't forget that it's a changing point in the Flint/Duke relationship with Flint showing some "breaking" in his views of just how guilty Duke truly is.

At the time of "Homecoming"'s showing, the Joes area minor annoyance to Cobra. Not worth CC's time to interfere and order the kidnapping of Duke's family.

But if it was meant for mid-season, then it makes more sense because the Joes would have been a bigger threat.

I'm still not sure about the placement of Rage. The travel issue gets into it as Rage is winter in the Midwest and Package, Dreadnoks takes place in Southwest-type areas.

I'd almost put Dreadnoks 2nd.

MFJayman
01-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Yeah, and don't forget that it's a changing point in the Flint/Duke relationship with Flint showing some "breaking" in his views of just how guilty Duke truly is.

At the time of "Homecoming"'s showing, the Joes area minor annoyance to Cobra. Not worth CC's time to interfere and order the kidnapping of Duke's family.

But if it was meant for mid-season, then it makes more sense because the Joes would have been a bigger threat.

I'm still not sure about the placement of Rage. The travel issue gets into it as Rage is winter in the Midwest and Package, Dreadnoks takes place in Southwest-type areas.

Good points. I didn't really even consider the winter aspect. Man, I thought I was finally getting this all sorted out in my head. Thanks for all the confusion, HUB! :)

Freedom
01-17-2011, 01:31 PM

Except that in "Dreadnoks Rising" Flint says "They were last spotted in Chicago." Chicago was the setting of "Rage."

And "Dreadnoks Rising" takes place somewhere in Kansas.

Troynos
01-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Except that in "Dreadnoks Rising" Flint says "They were last spotted in Chicago." Chicago was the setting of "Rage."

And "Dreadnoks Rising" takes place somewhere in Kansas.

Yeah, I know, thats why I said "almost". If there's snow in Illinois, there probably should have been some in Kansas and the folks should have been dressed differently.

My biggest gripe is the traveling. They're all over the place.

It makes sense for them to be alot of places, but there's no rhyme or reason to it. They're zig zagging randomly it seems.

Iowa (Descent)
Chicago (Rage)
Kansas (Dreadnoks)
Arizona (Package) (least I think that's where Breakers school was)
Return (Colorado?)
Homecoming (Washington DC, Missouri, Colorado)

Now keeping in mind that we assume there's more episodes between Return and Homecoming, they would need to get from Colorado to nearer DC.

But just seems haphazard.

Freedom
01-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Iowa (Descent)
Chicago (Rage)
Kansas (Dreadnoks)
Arizona (Package) (least I think that's where Breakers school was)
Return (Colorado?)
Homecoming (Washington DC, Missouri, Colorado)

Now keeping in mind that we assume there's more episodes between Return and Homecoming, they would need to get from Colorado to nearer DC.

But just seems haphazard.
This is the one thing we agree on. Even though it is just a cartoon, and most don't hold to geographic reality, I'd like to see a realistic geographical progression as well.

Keep in mind, in Homecoming Part 2, Flint mentions Duke's "stunt in Idaho." That either means that Eps 1 & 2 take place in Idaho, not Iowa as the corn would suggest, or there is at least one more episode before Homecoming that takes place in Idaho.

It makes more sense for Eps 1 & 2 to be in Iowa, not just because of the corn, but to go from Iowa to Chicago to Kansas isn't that unrealistic. And there really is a Springfield, Iowa, but not a Springfield, Idaho.

Zefram
01-17-2011, 02:03 PM
My biggest gripe is the traveling. They're all over the place.

It makes sense for them to be alot of places, but there's no rhyme or reason to it. They're zig zagging randomly it seems.

Yeah, you'd think they were trying to avoid being found or something.

Troynos
01-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Yeah, you'd think they were trying to avoid being found or something.

Even that its still too random.

What are they doing? Just driving around in big nationwide circles?

MFJayman
01-17-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm wondering how much time has passed, in the story, between the events of Descent and Homecoming (assuming Homecoming is meant to be a mid-season 2 parter). If Rage is indeed meant to be the actual episode 3, and it is clearly winter in that episode, then I'd guess a few weeks, maybe 3 or 4, have passed in the story.
Was curious about all this.

Scatman
01-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Wasn't the first episode of Renegades delayed for month and a half at the last minute? It would then make sense that the Homecoming episodes were moved up 6 weeks to coincide with Christmas. So instead of being episodes 6-7 they should be episodes 12-13. Since were only on episode 9, my guess is that there are 4 more episodes before the show is back to its proper order.

Ultimatecalibur
01-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Lets see. Starting on 10/15 (the first Friday the Hub existed) the original planned airdates were:

The Descent, part 1 - 1 - 10/15
The Descent, part 2 - 2 - 10/22
Rage - 3 - 10/29
Dreadnoks Rising - 4 - 11/5
The Package - 5 - 11/12
Return, part 1 - 6 - 11/19
Return, part 2 - 7 - 11/26
Busted - 8 - 12/3
The Enemy of My Enemy - 9 - 12/10
Firefight - 10 - 12/17
Homecoming, parts 1/2 - 11&12 - 12/24

The only thing that I'm not sure about is caused by the unnamed episode '12', if it was part of the "2010 season" then it messes up several synchronicities: Rage is a Halloweenish episode and the Return 2 parter is very familyish that works well around Thanksgivings.

Monkeywrench
01-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Lets see. Starting on 10/15 (the first Friday the Hub existed) the original planned airdates were:

The Descent, part 1 - 1 - 10/15
The Descent, part 2 - 2 - 10/22
Rage - 3 - 10/29
Dreadnoks Rising - 4 - 11/5
The Package - 5 - 11/12
Return, part 1 - 6 - 11/19
Return, part 2 - 7 - 11/26
Busted - 8 - 12/3
The Enemy of My Enemy - 9 - 12/10
Firefight - 10 - 12/17
Homecoming, parts 1/2 - 11&12 - 12/24

The only thing that I'm not sure about is caused by the unnamed episode '12', if it was part of the "2010 season" then it messes up several synchronicities: Rage is a Halloweenish episode and the Return 2 parter is very familyish that works well around Thanksgivings.

interesting theory

Tony_Bacala
01-28-2011, 08:34 PM
Updated the first post.

Today's episode, Busted, was listed as episode 08 in the DVR data from the company. Air order = 10.

So that means Homecoming 1/2 was originally intended to air further down the line instead of right after the Return of the Arashikage 2 parter.

Will keep you guys updated.

Mint Condition
01-29-2011, 04:12 AM
Is this supposed to be intentional, or is it due to crazy delays of certain episodes?

Either way, I hope when it comes to Blu-Ray they play in correct order.

Monkeywrench
01-29-2011, 04:28 AM
don't know the real answer but the theory is:

They wanted to show the homecoming 2 parter during christmas and it appears that homecoming is most likely a mid part of the season and becuase of that the order is all out of whack.

steve_smmr
01-29-2011, 04:28 AM
it's been surmised that having the christmas episodes be shown in time for christmas is part of it, but beyond that i'm not sure.

steve_smmr
01-29-2011, 04:30 AM
don't know the real answer but the theory is:

They wanted to show the homecoming 2 parter during christmas and it appears that homecoming is most likely a mid part of the season and becuase of that the order is all out of whack.

oh, beat me to it. :D

Black Swan
01-29-2011, 04:33 AM
Does that mean that next weeks episode will be back on track or is the current sequence of events still occurring before the Homecoming episodes?

Monkeywrench
01-29-2011, 04:42 AM
Does that mean that next weeks episode will be back on track or is the current sequence of events still occurring before the Homecoming episodes?

we don't know yet.

However a safe bet is yes, next week is before the homecoming eps

General Hawk
01-29-2011, 10:19 AM
In my own "uneducated opinion", I think whoever mentioned a "mid-season 2-parter" for Homecoming was probably right on the money.

So I expect Homecoming is probably episodes 13 & 14.

Which would leave the following:

9 - The Enemy of my Enemy
10 - Firefight
11 - Whiteout
12 - Brothers of Light

That is, of course, just my own hypothesis. I would hope, now that the Christmas time has past and there's no more need to tweak episode order everything from Episode 15 - 26 would appear in order.

General Hawk
01-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Oh, and Tony, thank you VERY much for getting this info out there. My crappy Comcast DVR hasn't specified actual episode order at all, so you've given us a terrific outline.

Thanks!

Tony_Bacala
02-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Just to confirm, "The Enemy of my Enemy" was listed as Episode 09.

Homecoming is still not known, but is definitely after ep 9 now. We have eps 1-9 in a solid block with no breaks, plus Homecoming.

Snake Shadow09
02-06-2011, 12:05 AM
whats the deal with this "homecoming" episode?

me is confused.

Tony_Bacala
02-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Just an update - No ep was attached to Fire Fight on my DVR. Doesn't mean it wasn't labeled with one on other digital outlets, but here, no number.

Tony_Bacala
03-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Just a quick update - Brothers of Light was officially listed as 13 via DVR guide data. So, looks like Fire Fight, and Homecoming are 10/11/12 in some order.

Tony_Bacala
03-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Just a quick update - No ep # attached to Knockoffs on DVR.

Tony_Bacala
03-19-2011, 03:26 PM
General Hawk - Have you been getting eps from Itunes, and if so, do they have Ep #s attached to them?

Edit - I see the Renegades home page on iTunes has them in order, as we had them in first post, and puts the eps we didn't have DVR #s for in the order we thought. Fire Fight 10, Homecoming 1 & 2 are 11 and 12. Knockoffs is 14.

Not sure how accurate iTunes is for this kind of stuff, but it all seems to have worked itself out. Will update if they go wacky again in future.

Tony_Bacala
03-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Ep 15 was White Out according to DVR data.

Grunt1162
04-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Anybody else have Dish? I haven't watched since they stoped showing around X-mas, but have them DVRed. I checked today and my list jumped from 12 to 14, with 14 listed as Brothers of Light. It also looks like I am missing Whiteout, as I have a gap from 3/18/11 to 4/16/11. I am assuming the DVR thought Whiteout was another ep.15, as I show Knockoffs as ep. 15. Anyone else have this happen?

WinterWarrior83
04-26-2011, 10:36 PM
Is this going to be a thread that will be updated with what Episode is what in correct order? I haven't started watching the show yet, saw this thread so that's how I'll watch them. Just wondering so when it comes to newer eps I'll be in the know.