PDA

View Full Version : things that my brain is firing at me about renegades.

G.I. Jennster
01-12-2011, 09:52 PM
so yeah, i know popular opinion has this current crew as the beginning of the joe team.
this is where my mind has wandered. yes, i think about this show too much.
falcon. the name of flint's football team, the falcons. flint forever changed duke's life at that game. so maybe the current "vinnie" is maybe 14-15. in a few years, isn't it possible the joes will have won flint over? so maybe mr angry pants vinnie will join the army with the express purpose of hunting down duke. an ace score on the ASVAB could shoot him into OCS, thus making him a LT. in as little as a year. (army wife, i know these things) he could take the name "falcon" sort of as a stinkeye at duke.
and i am loving the name dropping. i am of the belief that nothing happens in this series without meaning. we just may not be seeing it now.
i think the writers are setting the stage for something AWESOME.
So ok dudes and dudettes...do i think to much, overactive imagination? lmao, tell me your predictions for the show!

Tom-1
01-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Renegades is not a prequel to the Sunbow cartoon or Marvel comic. While it is the beginning of A Joe team, it is not the beginning of any team that we've known before.

The way I see it, due to Vinnie's anger towards Duke, he is probably acting out NOW - as in going to Flint's old high school and joining the Falcons, just to have nothing to do with Duke's past.

So, the 'Falcon' name probably follows him to his eventual career as a military officer.

Tom

Freedom
01-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Similar theory already being discussed:
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-renegades-animation-discussion/93349-little-bro-vince-falcon-theory.html

G.I. Jennster
01-12-2011, 10:52 PM
so i am not the only crazy person thinking about this show wayyyy too much.

fireflyguy
01-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Welcome to the tank, GI Jen! I like your theory. I look forward to each episode. I also think the writers are doing a great job. I hope the show goes in for enough seasons to really develop the story.

MFJayman
01-13-2011, 01:43 AM
i am of the belief that nothing happens in this series without meaning. we just may not be seeing it now.
i think the writers are setting the stage for something AWESOME.

I also think the show just might be that good. Its potential is so great, you can't help falling into a spiral of exuberant speculation. That's mostly what I do on these forums. Great fun.

Oh, and they definitely started the show at the right place. The beginning.

Adamantite
01-13-2011, 02:11 AM
Welcome to the tank G.I.Jenn. People go crazy here speculating and discussing every single detail on Renegades... just wait and see the insanity on friday with the new episode (zartan!). There's usually a thread going on where people will comment live as they watch the show, then endless commentary on it and the preview of the next one throughout the week.

Check the Renegades and Animation Discussion forum (http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-renegades-animation-discussion/)for all the craziness.

KingBiohazerd
01-13-2011, 02:31 AM
Welcome to the Tank and no you are not the only one that thinks this as soon as they showed dukes lil bro I thought Falcon

takedown
01-13-2011, 02:40 AM
so i am not the only crazy person thinking about this show wayyyy too much.

No your not the only one who is crazy.

Welcome to the tank and to Kansas.

G.I. Jennster
01-13-2011, 01:53 PM
been in kansas awhile takedown. trying to leave lmao!
thanks for the welcome guys!
very much looking forward to zartan tomorrow :)

Troynos
01-14-2011, 02:50 PM
This is the only namedrop that I don't think will surface later on.

The rest I can see showing up.

But I don't buy Vinnie Hauser as Lt. Falcon at all.

I really can't see the Renegades on the run for the 3-4 years (show time) that it would take Vince to get out of high school, join the army, become an LT and get experienced enough that he would be given command of the unit that hunts down his older brother.

kolobosrexx
01-14-2011, 03:07 PM
...Interesting theory! However, Lt. Falcon is ONLY Duke's brother in that gawdawful animated movie, and not in ANY other continuity! I think they're just making a sly "wink" to old-school fans with "Vinnie" on "Renagades"...

G.I. Jennster
01-14-2011, 03:09 PM
i didn't necessarily say command. but if he's 16 now, even 15, he could join the army at 17 with parents permission and high school diploma. if he does extremely well on the ASVAB, he could skip basic and go to Officer's Canidate School.
i don't see Flint hunting them down for 3-4 years. if he fails to find them and bring them in in a certain amount of time, in the real world, he would be relieved of the command. someone else would take over, maybe employing Falcon as someone who might be able to track Duke based on what he know about him. just sayin'.
might write some fan fic on this idea. who knows?

Scorpion
01-14-2011, 03:09 PM
I've actually been thinking about this a lot today. I think that eventually the Renegades will get proof to Gen. Hawk...afterwards I think they will become a full fledged G.I. Joe team that will hunt down Cobra...possibly with Cobra stepping out from the shadows and being known terrorists...

G.I. Jennster
01-14-2011, 03:11 PM
...Interesting theory! However, Lt. Falcon is ONLY Duke's brother in that gawdawful animated movie, and not in ANY other continuity! I think they're just making a sly "wink" to old-school fans with "Vinnie" on "Renagades"...
i did not know that. i am in the process of attaining the graphic novels from the original comic series, but that is gonna take awhile. and except for Cobra La BS, and the fact that it would have been more powerful if my beloved Duke had actually died, i LIKED that movie. lmao!

Troynos
01-14-2011, 03:14 PM

This is what I've said.

I mean if you're going to give Duke a brother, what else would you name him?

firefly069
01-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Renegades is not a prequel to the Sunbow cartoon or Marvel comic. While it is the beginning of A Joe team, it is not the beginning of any team that we've known before.

The way I see it, due to Vinnie's anger towards Duke, he is probably acting out NOW - as in going to Flint's old high school and joining the Falcons, just to have nothing to do with Duke's past.

So, the 'Falcon' name probably follows him to his eventual career as a military officer.

Tom

This makes a lot of sense. He decides to play for the rival highschool to spite duke.

Wouldn't it be funny if we never heard from vinnie ever again and all this speculating was totally off base.

G.I. Jennster
01-15-2011, 11:14 AM
lol it does end up this way sometimes

CornDog_The_Ninja
01-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Scoring high on the ASVAB test won't automatically let you "skip basic training and go to Officer Candidate School".

To be an officer you still need a college degree, in any branch of the military. So "Vinnie" will still need to go to college, spend enough time in the regular Army to be promoted from 2nd LT to 1st LT, get accepted in the Green Berets (one of the hardest schools in the military) and graduate, and be successful enough as a special forces soldier to be asked to join an elite military unit, capable of hunting down Duke and the others.

Trooper13
01-15-2011, 11:19 AM
I really can't see the Renegades on the run for the 3-4 years (show time) that it would take Vince to get out of high school, join the army, become an LT and get experienced enough that he would be given command of the unit that hunts down his older brother.

What are you talking about? Hasbro stated at either a con panel, or during a Q&A loooonnnggg ago that while the Joes would be on the run for a while, it's not a permanent thing. They have the story planned out for five seasons. That doesn't mean they are going to be on the run that long.

MFJayman
01-15-2011, 01:13 PM
What are you talking about? Hasbro stated at either a con panel, or during a Q&A loooonnnggg ago that while the Joes would be on the run for a while, it's not a permanent thing. They have the story planned out for five seasons. That doesn't mean they are going to be on the run that long.

I was just watching the clip called G.I. Joe Renegades Preview: The Weapons on Hubworld, and the lady who apparently worked on the weapon designs mentions that the weapons will change "as the team progresses into becoming G.I. Joe, and not just renegades on the run”. So that seems to be further confirmation that the renegades aspect is temporary. But just how temporary…that seems to be the big question.