PDA

View Full Version : serpentor in renegades?

spike78a
01-08-2011, 12:14 AM
do you think we might see serpentor show up on renegades? the baroness gave cobra commader this look during homecoming that got me thinking. it seems she might be getting fed up with cc, so what if she enlists mindbender in a coup d'état. and theyll carry it out by creating serpentor to usurp the commander. the bio-vipers that mindebender created could be the start of this. i think if done right it could be really cool.

luigi
01-08-2011, 12:18 AM
do you think we might see serpentor show up on renegades? the baroness gave cobra commader this look during homecoming that got me thinking. it seems she might be getting fed up with cc, so what if she enlists mindbender in a coup d'état. and theyll carry it out by creating serpentor to usurp the commander. the bio-vipers that mindebender created could be the start of this. i think if done right it could be really cool.
Maybe but she could try to over throw CC with destro

RenHoek
01-08-2011, 12:47 AM
Sure, why not.

Griff
01-08-2011, 12:48 AM
god i hope not. Honestly i'd rather see cobra la then serpentor.

JoeMama
01-08-2011, 12:49 AM
nope. we're seeing groundwork.
any attempt to introduce a new leader would be 3-4 seasons down the road.
let's take it one wave at a time.

Zefram
01-08-2011, 01:03 AM

I think you both have a good point. If it's done, it won't be for at least a couple seasons down the road, probably after the "on the run" thing is resolved, and if done well, we could see animated retelling of the "Cobra Civil War", which would be completely badass.

THALASTDRAGON
01-08-2011, 01:12 AM
hopefully not

Akunin
01-08-2011, 01:14 AM
I don't recall where (please god, I hope I didn't imagine this.... shudder) but I recall reading that the Renegades Cobra Commander was indeed a "snake" or snake man of origin. If Serpentor is introduced it wouldn't surprise me if they portrayed CC as being a part of Cobra la and Serpentor as being a general or upper class Cobra la member. I only hope that it was a dream and it doesn't happen and please Hasbro, by all things holy... either take CC's half mask think off or throw a damned full faced helmet on him. His "helmet" somehow reminds me of Zorg's outfit from the Fifth Element... dumb as hell. (for the record I think Gary Oldman is one hell of an actor... the costume was stupid a hell. thank you)

wyojoe
01-08-2011, 01:15 AM
I really hope they leave the leadership struggle somewhat believable. Even as a kid I disliked the idea of Serpentor being made to lead the org. Really, I like CC, Destro and the Baroness always jockeying for the leadership position. It makes for a fun dynamic.

That said, I have to admit i've only seen one episode (#1) so far (and I loved it). But my kids and I will be doing some catching up this weekend.

luigi
01-08-2011, 01:16 AM
I don't recall where (please god, I hope I didn't imagine this.... shudder) but I recall reading that the Renegades Cobra Commander was indeed a "snake". If Serpentor is introduced it wouldn't surprise me if they portrayed CC as being a part of Cobra la and Serpentor as being a general or upper class Cobra la member. I only hope that it was a dream and it doesn't happen and please Hasbro, by all things holy... either take CC's half mask think off or throw a damned full faced helmet on him. His "helmet" somehow reminds me of Zorg's outfit from the Fifth Element... dumb as hell. (for the record I think Gary Oldman is one hell of an actor... the costume was stupid a hell. thank you)

your not imaging it
breaker in the package said he has scales

Zefram
01-08-2011, 01:21 AM
your not imaging it
breaker in the package said he has scales

Hey, it worked for Thulsa Doom!

KingBiohazerd
01-08-2011, 02:46 AM
I wouldn't mind it down the road but only if they didn't have him flying around going Cobralalalalala I still hate that

CVdelgado
01-08-2011, 02:55 AM

yeah really weve only got 8 episodes in and gi joe isnt even formed yet. lol.

i say season 5. : ) and no cobra lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala !

or do it like idw and have cobra la even more behind the scenes than regular old cobra.

USAgent
01-08-2011, 03:05 AM
I would love to see him show up in Renegades. Heck, a Renegades version of Cobra-La would probably kick ass!

spike78a
01-08-2011, 05:04 PM
yeah i figured if they do bring him in it would be really down the road from now, but its always fun to speculate. a cobra war civil war would be cool and what if the renegade joes had to pick a side. the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Lody
01-08-2011, 05:34 PM
We better

This, I command!

Echo7Solo
01-08-2011, 05:37 PM
In my world Serpentor is a military historian who was driven mad and assumes the personalities of past generals.

Weezus
01-08-2011, 05:52 PM
id be very very interested in seeing cobra la and serpentor.

i want plenty of military themed stuff but especially for custom reasons id love some weirder designs.

seeing as how this show is basically a take on conspiracy theories i imagine david icke's books will have a heavy influence later on.

Flint-wo2
01-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Maybe but she could try to over throw CC with destro

That would be cool.

redx24
01-08-2011, 06:13 PM
i thought this as soon as baroness took storm shadow to mindbender. kinda hope that itll lead to this

Troynos
01-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Not for a long time. It's way too early for any kind of competition for CC. We've barely seen CC.

They can't do all the stories in the first season. There would be nothing for the later seasons.

Headman
01-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Serpentor is all kinds of awesome. But they'd change him and make him lame. Classic Serpentor? Hell yes.

Trooper13
01-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Personally, I always hated Serpentor and especially Cobra-La. However, I could see this creative team doing a solid job on Serpentor. However, we haven't even seen CC be established as a legitimate villian yet in the eyes of the public. I think if we see it, it'll be down the road a ways. Like after CC has failed to bring about whatever agenda he's working. Unfortunately, I think that'll also bring up Cobra-La. Ugh.

Monkeywrench
01-08-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm sure he will appear eventually. In the 1st season? prolly not. This CC won't roll over like a lil bitch. This CC will crush Serpy and lay the smack down on him. I think a cobra civil war would be epic with this writing team.

spike78a
01-08-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm sure he will appear eventually. In the 1st season? prolly not. This CC won't roll over like a lil bitch. This CC will crush Serpy and lay the smack down on him. I think a cobra civil war would be epic with this writing team.

see that would make me want to see them face off even more! this cobra commander ain't taking sh*t from anyone and i'm sure he'll hold his own against serpentor.
if it turns out cc is really part snake i think its a lock will see cobra la and serpentor eventually. with just 8 episode in i actually do have confidence in the writers, and i think they'll do a good job in introducing cobra la..hopefully.

maczero
01-09-2011, 08:03 AM
your not imaging it
breaker in the package said he has scalesI think that line was just for laughs. It was meant to make Breaker come off as a raving conspiracy nut. At least that's what I'm hoping.

As for Serpy, I wouldn't mind it. I would tweak his origin slightly. Instead of being cloned from dead warriors, I'd go with him being a cyborg ultimate warrior.

kennywr22
01-09-2011, 08:19 AM
With these writers and design team, I sure serpentor could be quite cool. Way to early though. Maybe at the end of season two or three. I want CC to show off more first. Oh, and I don't think CC is part snake either.

ChaplainAsst
01-09-2011, 09:22 AM
The thing with both IDW and Renegades is that this isn't a buffon CC, who somehow stumbles upon an idea to gain power. Both show incredible intelligence and control - with GI Joe being the only wild card which is troubling but simply an unaccounted for variable. Unless something changes in Renegades, there just isn't a lot of room for a challenge to CC's power. Maybe in a few seasons, if the Joes begin to erode that power and control, then it would make sense. I kind of like the idea someone suggested in the "rumors" section that Serpentor begin as a soldier and would later be genetically transformed to being a super soldier (ala Captain America). I always hated the way Marvel and Sunbow created Serpentor - via a simulacrum (whatever the heck THAT was!). Infuse a trooper with the genetic mix and that makes a lot more sense.

samantha
01-09-2011, 09:39 AM
I just hope the show sticks around long enough to get to this point.

spike78a
01-09-2011, 10:21 AM
I think that line was just for laughs. It was meant to make Breaker come off as a raving conspiracy nut. At least that's what I'm hoping.

As for Serpy, I wouldn't mind it. I would tweak his origin slightly. Instead of being cloned from dead warriors, I'd go with him being a cyborg ultimate warrior.

thats how i took breaker's comment to, but you never know. with the lt. falcon comic pack it seems hasbro is at least open to the idea of bringing back cobra-la.

Serpymatt
01-12-2011, 10:58 AM
I would freakin' love to see Serpentor in it. I've only watched the first episode (have the rest DVR'd), but on down the road he would be a blast to add :)

I would love to see him rule, but even if he gets tweaked a bit and he works for CC as a general or something along those lines, I could work with that also.

XAMOT
01-17-2011, 06:50 PM
I would like to see him in renegades....THIS I COMMAND!!!

spike78a
02-06-2011, 03:30 PM
i was right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShadowNinja
02-06-2011, 04:22 PM
He is...the pet snake.

Black Swan
02-06-2011, 04:31 PM
He is...the pet snake.
LOL. How ironic ! HAHAHA!

samantha
02-06-2011, 04:33 PM
I like Serpentor being the pet snake. That is pretty cool.

RenHoek
02-06-2011, 04:34 PM
I wonder if he is an actual giant snake or a giant robot snake?

Lody
02-06-2011, 04:50 PM
i was right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched the episdoe this morning as I had it DVR'd. As soon as I saw that I immediately thought of this thread and let out a loud groan.

Not sure where this is going.....

holyfrog
02-06-2011, 05:01 PM
I watched the episdoe this morning as I had it DVR'd. As soon as I saw that I immediately thought of this thread and let out a loud groan.

I don't think it is going anywhere. I think the pet snake was a cameo and it is the only Serpentor we will see. Like the Steeler and Doc cameos in the hospital.

Ground Pounder
02-06-2011, 05:47 PM
I don't think it is going anywhere. I think the pet snake was a cameo and it is the only Serpentor we will see. Like the Steeler and Doc cameos in the hospital.

NOOO!!!!!!! He will mutate into a great snake leader and rule COBRA!!!!!............no, he's just a giant snake and I am kewl with that, lol.

Jay West
02-06-2011, 05:55 PM

Pretty sure it is an in joke at the horrible horrible ARAH toon plot of CC mutating into a snake and being Serpy's pet.

CrimsonGuard101
02-06-2011, 05:57 PM
I'd like for him to evenutally mutate into the real serpentor. That would be absolute awesomeness.

sci-find
02-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Apparently they still don't shun the giant golden snakes....

I thought the snake was lame, but kids 'll probably like it and thats what counts to me. As long as this becomes a hit the figs 'll keep comin' and i'm in it for the figs. Scrap Iron looked awesome by the way and somehow I really like CC and his virtual image.

luigi
02-06-2011, 06:37 PM
I'd like for him to evenutally mutate into the real serpentor. That would be absolute awesomeness.
agreed
that would be awesome

Trooper13
02-06-2011, 06:43 PM
I don't see why it's out of the realm of possibility. Mindbender already has experience with shaping mutant genetics into human form, and now AI. He's part of the way there, already.

samantha
02-06-2011, 06:48 PM
I don't see why it's out of the realm of possibility. Mindbender already has experience with shaping mutant genetics into human form, and now AI. He's part of the way there, already.

Very good point. I do like the pure evilness of Cobra Commander and the twist with Destro. Destro got punked. ""I am Destro", priceless.

Monkeywrench
02-08-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm loving what they have done with Serpy. Can't wait for Mindbender to make him human in a few seasons

Python_Puckman
02-08-2011, 04:05 PM
If they head down that ugly road, I hope they go with a Cobra Empress instead... mix it up a little :)

RenHoek
02-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Hey, what if Serpentor does turn out to usurp CC's power and becomes the emperor of Cobra, but the entire time he's stays a giant snake? Pretty wacky, huh?

azoric
02-08-2011, 04:26 PM
I could see snake serpentor getting into some of mindbenders genetic waste and developing some anthropomorphic features. Make him sort of a sub-human killing machine. Which is how I like to think of my serpentor (custom of course) figure.

Monkeywrench
02-08-2011, 04:29 PM
I would like him to be made into a super soldier like he was suppose to be. Then after awhile, he tries to overtake CC.

I'm thinking like season 4 for this, if the show gets that far.

MFJayman
02-08-2011, 04:52 PM
If they head down that ugly road, I hope they go with a Cobra Empress instead... mix it up a little :)

Ooooh...now I COULD get on board with that. All hail SERPENTRA!

But really, I'm hoping Serpentor remains a snake. If Mindbender is going to be genetically engineering and enhancing things, he still has a lot of work on his plate with the Bios, and there are probably some other things that he could develop that would be a lot cooler than turning a big snake into an "emperor". Just my opinion.

Red Herring
02-08-2011, 04:54 PM
I think the snake will mutate into a snake man when the time is right, but not for several years.

holyfrog
02-12-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm loving what they have done with Serpy. Can't wait for Mindbender to make him human in a few seasons

I could see snake serpentor getting into some of mindbenders genetic waste and developing some anthropomorphic features. Make him sort of a sub-human killing machine. Which is how I like to think of my serpentor (custom of course) figure.

I think the snake will mutate into a snake man when the time is right, but not for several years.

"I was once a man."