PDA

View Full Version : Renegades Episode 9 promo

Snake Shadow09
01-07-2011, 11:00 PM
YouTube - G.I. Joe: Renegades Episode 9 Promo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZUs3Q_8YuY&feature=sub)

General Hawk
01-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Damn you're quick! I was just coming over to post that. :)

Unfortunately I will likely not be able to get the review and episode guide updated tonight. My DVR glitched out, so I'm waiting to catch the replay at 11:30, but I'm not quite sure I want to stay up until 2:00 in the morning to get all that together.

We'll see...

rascal!
01-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Is that Butch guy zartan?!?

Troynos
01-07-2011, 11:28 PM
YAY!! DREADNOKS DONE RIGHT!! (i hope)

firefly069
01-07-2011, 11:30 PM
cool.... for a 15 sec clip.

RenHoek
01-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Bleh, hope the 'Noks put on something more tactical soon. They look more YMCA then Shipwreck and Gung Ho ever did. :S Hopefully they'll still be Australian, we could use a few more accents in this series.

ecsmith7
01-08-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm not liking the look of Zartan in this one. I hope that's just a disguise of his and not the real Zartan.

kennywr22
01-08-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm kinda digging the look for him. I mean this is zartan before he really is "zartan". He looks like a Aussie thug. Cool.lol.I have faith with the writing.

General Hawk
01-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Yeah, before everyone gets caught up in Zartan's "look", everyone needs to remember, that according to his Renegades bio, he actually stumbles upon a "Chameleon Suit" from Cobra Industries. This obviously takes place before that happens, so he's going to have a little "pre-Zartan" look going about him.

Honestly, this really isn't any worse than the pony-tailed biker looking guy that he was in the Marvel Comics before he became the Zartan we know.

Remember, we're watching these guys becoming the guys we know. They may start out differently, but chances are, as the season goes on, they'll be much more recognizable.

Immortal_Joker
01-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Will be interesting to see how this plays out, plus i like this new look for Zartan

MFJayman
01-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Yeah, before everyone gets caught up in Zartan's "look", everyone needs to remember, that according to his Renegades bio, he actually stumbles upon a "Chameleon Suit" from Cobra Industries. This obviously takes place before that happens, so he's going to have a little "pre-Zartan" look going about him.

Whoa, Chameleon Suit!? That actually sounds kinda cool. I like how, episode to episode, the Joes are being introduced to different aspects and areas of Cobra's eclectic technological power and expertise. From the Bio-Vipers to Chameleon Mode to flying drones to mech suits...I'm sure this is only the tip of the iceberg. Cobra is really playing on a whole other level from everyone else.

General Hawk
01-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Whoa, Chameleon Suit!? That actually sounds kinda cool. I like how, episode to episode, the Joes are being introduced to different aspects and areas of Cobra's eclectic technological power and expertise. From the Bio-Vipers to Chameleon Mode to flying drones to mech suits...I'm sure this is only the tip of the iceberg. Cobra is really playing on a whole other level from everyone else.

Yeah, this is the Renegades bio for Zartan:

A ruthless biker gang-leading thug, ZARTAN becomes a valuable asset to Cobra (and an incredible threat to the G.I. Joe team) when he stumbles upon and becomes the only person who can wear an experimental Cobra “chameleon tech” suit — giving him the ability to perfectly mimic the appearance, voice, and mannerisms of anyone the suit comes into contact with.

So, it's only going to get better from here...

The Conflict
01-08-2011, 01:45 PM
cant wait to see this episode

minitrue
01-08-2011, 01:56 PM
This sounds awesome. I can't wait!!!

MFJayman
01-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the Zartan info, General Hawk. I can't wait to see what this suit actually looks like. It sounds more substantially than the outfits Zartan is usually shown wearing. I like how it seems to be some kind of one-off prototype that Cobra may have given up on developing further, therefore making it unique to Zartan.

MFJayman
01-08-2011, 02:52 PM
By the way, any sign of Zarana in the promo?

After episode 8 first aired, right at the end, I saw a different version of the 9 promo than the one that has since been posted--in one scene, a big bulky bearded Dreadnok (Monkeywrench?) appeared to be grasping a Joe in a bear hug or something, with other Noks gathered around. Didn't see this in the Youtube-posted promo.

kennywr22
01-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Yea I thought I saw a slightly different promo to. Similiar to what you said mfjayman. All I know is I'm pump to see zartan. I hope he kicks ass.

samantha
01-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Now this episode looks very interesting. I love the Dreadknoks. :)

MFJayman
01-08-2011, 03:34 PM
I like how the Noks provide such a contrast and counterbalance to Cobra. One is chaotic, rampaging and wild, the other is lock-step regimented, sharp and polished. Two sides to the same coin.

I think the Noks provide a nice occasional breather from the high-tech, corporate/military intensity of Cobra. But the bad guy ratio in the story, and on screen, should still remain about 90% Cobra (or Cobra/MARS) and 10% Noks (and other assorted baddies, including Arashikage).

Jay West
01-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Yes, there is another promo out there somewhere. At least a part of it has the Dreadnoks surrounding SE.

outback1
01-08-2011, 04:03 PM
tell me that is not zartan....this is a damn joke! cuz theres no way in the coldest parts of hall..that that is zartan.....and to think i was just starting to like this damn show....

kennywr22
01-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Outback1 tell me why its so crazy and wrong to think that it's zartan? I mean he looks like an a Australian thug type. Remember, this isn't zartan( master of disguise yet). What don't you like about his look?

BlackCross
01-08-2011, 05:49 PM
I guess this makes it pretty certain that Zartan didn't have anything to do with the death of the Hard Master.

kennywr22
01-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Yep. This is one thing I'm going to be disappointed in about the new origin is no zartan, but you know what, with these writers never say never. I'm still sure I will like the direction regardless.

Troynos
01-08-2011, 07:18 PM
No Zartan in SE's origin is AWESOME!!!

I LOATHED that part of it. Having Zartan, Cobra Commander and Firefly all tied into the origin was the worst thing that ever happened to Joe.

Trooper13
01-08-2011, 07:25 PM

I LOATHED that part of it. Having Zartan, Cobra Commander and Firefly all tied into the origin was the worst thing that ever happened to Joe.

This.

As far as the Promo goes. I really hope the hat is part of the mission or fits into the story. Like he takes it off the local sheriff after taking him down. That to me would make it totally cool. If it's part of his regular get up, for no good reason, it's pretty lame.

Monkeywrench
01-08-2011, 07:42 PM
I'm kinda digging the look for him. I mean this is zartan before he really is "zartan". He looks like a Aussie thug. Cool.lol.I have faith with the writing.

This^^

I'm so excited for this episode

outback1
01-08-2011, 08:25 PM
well,well,well,........one thing needs to be said..1st u dont fuck with zartan....2....... dont u dare fuck........with.....zartan..3,..u just dont fuck with...Z.A.R.T.A.N...have i made myself clear about this..sorry to vent, ...but come on,realy can we not have just one thing not changed...and dont get me started on destro

Monkeywrench
01-08-2011, 08:26 PM

Honestly, this really isn't any worse than the pony-tailed biker looking guy that he was in the Marvel Comics before he became the Zartan we know.

Remember, we're watching these guys becoming the guys we know. They may start out differently, but chances are, as the season goes on, they'll be much more recognizable.

Great points. I agree completely and can't wait to see how they turn Zartan into Zartan

Black Swan
01-08-2011, 08:29 PM
This.

As far as the Promo goes. I really hope the hat is part of the mission or fits into the story. Like he takes it off the local sheriff after taking him down. That to me would make it totally cool. If it's part of his regular get up, for no good reason, it's pretty lame.
Zartan with a hat that I wouldn't worry too much about coming from the Master of disguise, but it did catch me by surprise. I can't wait for the 'Noks to finally show up.

Echo7Solo
01-08-2011, 08:30 PM
hey I'd rather have him look like he does in the preview than have a big ass orange mohawk

Monkeywrench
01-08-2011, 08:46 PM
The biggest suprise to me is the qty of noks that were shown in the preview. I wonder if all these noks will be named characthers or will some of them just be "faceless noks".

kennywr22
01-08-2011, 09:10 PM
I keep watching the hub hoping for a longer promo but just the same one. I gotta say the more I see zartan the more I love the look!

Zefram
01-08-2011, 09:22 PM

Agreed. That story only proved there's a limit to how many puppies and chainsaws Hama can juggle before it all turns into a bloody mess.

Echo7Solo
01-08-2011, 09:26 PM
The biggest suprise to me is the qty of noks that were shown in the preview. I wonder if all these noks will be named characthers or will some of them just be "faceless noks".

if it were up to me I'd have the noks be a real gang with chapters like the hells angels. This way there can be a lot of them but only a few who get to the level of Torch, Ripper, Buzzer and Monkeywrench.

Monkeywrench
01-08-2011, 09:30 PM
if it were up to me I'd have the noks be a real gang with chapters like the hells angels. This way there can be a lot of them but only a few who get to the level of Torch, Ripper, Buzzer and Monkeywrench.

I like that idea. That would be great and hopefully thats what they do.

Zefram
01-08-2011, 09:41 PM
After the last three episodes, I'm convinced that whatever they do, it's going to be well-written and entertaining. While they've been changing origins around like 3-card monty dealer, they've been doing really well with establishing the characters personalities and motivations. My first words on seeing Maj Bludd were, "Oh God, he's a berk", but he ended up being fairly bad-ass, so we can't really judge this Zartan by looks (btw, anybody else notice the BC glasses tucked down his shirt?). He may be a lot smarter than he looks.

kennywr22
01-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Come on someone needs to catch the longer promo so I can see it again. Damn I wish I was recording when i saw it.

Monkeywrench
01-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Come on someone needs to catch the longer promo so I can see it again. Damn I wish I was recording when i saw it.

i didn't know there was a longer promo. I'm interested now.

Trooper13
01-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Zartan with a hat that I wouldn't worry too much about coming from the Master of disguise, but it did catch me by surprise. I can't wait for the 'Noks to finally show up.

Good point. Honestly, everything I've been even remotely worried about they've knocked out of the park. Even stuff that way totally in a different direction then I expected, was handled really, really well. This show does not disappoint.

ecsmith7
01-09-2011, 10:12 AM
So where are these "renegades profiles"?

Troynos
01-09-2011, 10:43 AM
On the hubworld. The hub's site.

Troynos
01-09-2011, 10:46 AM

Thats what I've said for awhile the 'Noks need to be. Make them a real biker gang.

It makes more sense for them to be nation/worldwide with chapterhouses everywhere.

They can move things across borders easier. Can pick up an "army" whereever needed.

I'm thinking we'll get 3 or 4 named 'Noks in the episode, and probably not more then just Zartan saying "Torch, do this". Too many and won't be able to get any characterization done.

The old 'Noks in Sunbow were parodies. They were able to get their personalities across because they ramped them up so high that it was obvious from just a sentence or two. Bad.

Hopefully Renegades does better. I'm fine with just having names for now and filling in later.

fireflyguy
01-09-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm interested in seeing how this episode plays out. I'm bot a Zartan/Dreadnoks fan AT ALL, but I might become one if they are done right in this incarnation.

RenHoek
01-09-2011, 01:37 PM
I just hope the 'Noks get to keep their zany weapons. Buzzer just isn't Buzzer without his chainsaw.

Gatchaman
01-09-2011, 04:21 PM
I just hope the 'Noks get to keep their zany weapons. Buzzer just isn't Buzzer without his chainsaw.

Still don’t like that for the 25th they gave him a real chainsaw. I liked the original chainsaw-gun much better.

RenHoek
01-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Personally, I always thought the Chainsaw the original figure came with looked silly, but as long as Buzzer has SOME sort of chainsaw-like device, I'm fine with it.

holyfrog
01-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Bleh, hope the 'Noks put on something more tactical soon. They look more YMCA then Shipwreck and Gung Ho ever did. :S Hopefully they'll still be Australian, we could use a few more accents in this series.

Ripper and Torch are the only Aussies. Buzzer is English, Monkeywrench is Welsh, Zanzibar is from the Caymen Islands so there could be four diffrent accents.

boff123
01-09-2011, 10:04 PM

sounds good to me, little origin story kinda like major blood before he had 1 eye.

Zefram
01-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to it. The writing team have proven that even when they stray from the original stuff they can make it interesting. Trust like that ain't easy to bank, and so far they've been doing a decent job.

CrimsonGuard101
01-09-2011, 10:48 PM
I am going to laugh my ass off at how they propose to get that fat ass zartan into a "chameleon suit"....that has ben 10 written all over that if they can even pull it off. I just hope thats some asshat fatman suit disguise he is wearing....if not bring back Resolute Zartan ASAP...or the whining on this board will break condition orange if zartan and the noks end up being totally f'ups...worse then the village peopel references ARAH got with the looks of this...

General Hawk
01-09-2011, 11:38 PM
I've been hunting for the longer promo all weekend, my DVR is probably smokin'! Haven't been able to catch it yet.

Just because we see Zartan next week doesn't necessarily mean he's not part of Snake Eyes' origin...you never know.

And the Renegades bios are posted on The Hub, but there were also some longer bio's sent via email before then, and I've got them all collected in the "Characters" Drop Down menu on my Renegades Site: G.I. Joe: Renegades (http://renegades.generalsjoes.com)

Gatchaman
01-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to it. The writing team have proven that even when they stray from the original stuff they can make it interesting. Trust like that ain't easy to bank, and so far they've been doing a decent job.

Wasn't everyone all worried just last week because they saw a mech suit? Look at all the praise this episode got. How soon we forget. Every week someone is going to complain about something they see in the preview clip.

Snake Shadow09
01-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Wasn't everyone all worried just last week because they saw a mech suit? Look at all the praise this episode got. How soon we forget. Every week someone is going to complain about something they see in the preview clip.

very true.

kennywr22
01-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Jesus crimsonguard101 i wish you would find a different hobby, your so sad.

RenHoek
01-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Jesus crimsonguard101 i wish you would find a different hobby, your so sad.

Don't provoke him.

CrimsonGuard101
01-11-2011, 12:41 AM
Don't provoke him.

Bah if you didnt quote him I would never know...he dosent eixist to me anymore anyway (good old ignore feature) so its no biggie. He cant reach me anymore to even provoke me (until hes quoted lol)...oh well..:0

Findign a different hobby wotn chnage naything anyway...just get Hasbro to realse a better cartoon then this filth and I will be ok...cant get much worse then fat ass zartan and skin and bones destro and beavis Hauser...

MFJayman
01-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Bah if you didnt quote him I would never know...he dosent eixist to me anymore anyway (good old ignore feature) so its no biggie. He cant reach me anymore to even provoke me (until hes quoted lol)...oh well..:0

Findign a different hobby wotn chnage naything anyway...just get Hasbro to realse a better cartoon then this filth and I will be ok...cant get much worse then fat ass zartan and skin and bones destro and beavis Hauser...

Hehe. I still love these posts, even though I'm usually of a different opinion.

I have to say, I agree that Destro seemed too thin in many scenes. Shown from the neck up he looked pretty robust, but on full body shots, he looked kinda gangly. I always thought of Destro as being very tall and also pretty bulky. Not chunky, but robust.

As for Duke's face, it's probably my least favorite of any of the Joes in the show. I think it's the chin, how it tapers to a point. I'd rather see it more squared or rounded off, perhaps with indication of a dimple or cleft. Out of all the characters, I think Duke's Renegades look is taking the longest to grow on me.

Mr.Kane
01-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Can't wait to see it.

kennywr22
01-11-2011, 08:35 PM
So I've seen the other promo now a few times. It shows zartan alot more and no hat. He says a few lines to. Didn't noticed any accent. Zartan talks about how things are done in this town. The dreadnoks look to be a pretty cool biker gang. Can't wait. I likehow zartan seems to be pretty husky and tough. Very cool.

Monkeywrench
01-11-2011, 09:07 PM
So I've seen the other promo now a few times. It shows zartan alot more and no hat. He says a few lines to. Didn't noticed any accent. Zartan talks about how things are done in this town. The dreadnoks look to be a pretty cool biker gang. Can't wait. I likehow zartan seems to be pretty husky and tough. Very cool.

man I really want to see it. Did Zartan have hair? I was hoping he had a aussie accent

kennywr22
01-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Yes he had shortish hair, kinda unbrushed looking on top. Had a head band. Definitely get a tough Guy vibe for sure. Didn't noticed a Aussie accent which I would quite surprised if they changed that. Can't wait for the episode.

Monkeywrench
01-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Yes he had shortish hair, kinda unbrushed looking on top. Had a head band. Definitely get a tough Guy vibe for sure. Didn't noticed a Aussie accent which I would quite surprised if they changed that. Can't wait for the episode.

i'm very excited for this weeks show

Saboteur
01-11-2011, 09:46 PM
So much for Pirates of the penzance Zanzibar!

kennywr22
01-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Ok i grab a couple of shots of Zartan from the other promo clip. sorry for the crap quality.I'm not good with the whole computer thing so i just snap the pics off the the tv. Anyways, here they are. Notice the guy behind zartan with the cinderblock weapon, roadpig?? who knows. Looks cool. Oh i also saw another promo tonight for the hubs 3d weekend where they showed clips from the three new shows this weekend: dan vs, r.ls tines, and renegades. But it showed next to nothing. Basically roadblock shooting at dreadnoks.

Gatchaman
01-12-2011, 10:39 PM
Looks good. Can't wait to see him all suited up.

kennywr22
01-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Yes. I'm really liking the look. I mean obviously he's going to go through quite a change as the season continues

Monkeywrench
01-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the pics Kenny

kennywr22
01-13-2011, 04:30 AM
No prob monkeywrench. Wish i could have gotten better quality shots up. Fridays almost here now.lol.

General Hawk
01-13-2011, 09:42 AM
DAMN! Why can't I seem to get this promo on my DVR? I'm gonna try again tonight...wish it was a bit more predictable when these were going to appear.

kennywr22
01-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Justin. I've been seeing it during family ties and doogie houser. They seem to show it at least once during that hour each night. I also saw the new 3d weekend clip during that time last night.

General Hawk
01-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks a bunch Kenny! GOT IT! Finally!

YouTube - G.I. Joe: Renegades Episode Nine Extended Promo #2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1hE2YAtSXQ)

kennywr22
01-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Thank you justin!

Snake Shadow09
01-13-2011, 11:17 PM
thanks justin.