PDA

View Full Version : Renegades: Destro and Scrap-Iron

flaveydavey
01-07-2011, 10:41 PM
What did you guys think of the Renegades take on Destro & Scrap-Iron? I'm not sure what to think yet, but the episode was awesome. you got Steeler, whom I'm sure will make future appearances and mech-suits. The animation just keeps getting better with each episode. Not sure I'm digging the goatee, hippy lookin Zartan from the preview but I'll have to wait till next episode. Over all I'm glad the show isn't looking like Ben-10 anymore.

Saboteur
01-07-2011, 10:42 PM
I saw about 10 mins of it. It was okay.

I missed the preview for next week's episode.

D00MTR0N
01-07-2011, 10:46 PM
when did this air?and is it up on youtube yet,i really was looking forward to seeing destro

flaveydavey
01-07-2011, 10:48 PM
I watched it this afternoon. 3pm fridays are new episodes...I think

D00MTR0N
01-07-2011, 10:50 PM
damn,i dont think its up yet,is it episode 9?

Tom-1
01-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Destro with a Scottish accent was great. Clancy Brown as his voice actor (unknown to me that he would take that role) made it a thousand times better. The fact that he went the entire episode without putting on his mask or making allusions to it... it made it very real, more than just a "GI Joe cartoon" with static character models to me.

Scrap Iron was very cool - I was afraid at first glance he'd be a wormy, sycophant type... but he came off as a smart and reliable character - he even seemed to be on good terms with McCullen... as if bad guys could have friends! His scar acquisition was great - I was scared when the missile was headed for the chopper because I thought they'd go in some "ROC crossover" direction and scar Destro AND Scrap Iron... with Destro donning his mask to hide his wounds.

Did anyone notice that they're going to have to 'scan' people's 'brainwaves' in the future to match them up with their robots? Hmmm. Heavy-handed reference is still a welcome reference! XD

Tom

D00MTR0N
01-07-2011, 10:59 PM
i cant find the episode anywhere:(

flaveydavey
01-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Episode 8 "RAGE"

D00MTR0N
01-07-2011, 11:08 PM
damn its not up on youtube yet,thanks though

RenHoek
01-07-2011, 11:14 PM
I love how Scrap-Iron is being portrayed so far. He's kinda like an opposite of Mindbender, as he's mature and professional, as opposed to Mindbender's juvenile and casual attitude. Could really see some tension between those two. As for Destro, I love how kinda cut Baroness off before she finished talking. He's a lady's man, but work comes first. I also love how he seems to be against using his own Grenadiers as test subject. Shows a little loyalty to his men.

D00MTR0N
01-07-2011, 11:16 PM
man i cant wait to see this episode

Tom-1
01-07-2011, 11:20 PM
man i cant wait to see this episode

I see now why you have 12,000+ posts, Doom. XD

Tom

flaveydavey
01-08-2011, 01:20 AM
Fridays 5:30 eastern 2:30 pacific

alcinde4
01-08-2011, 02:22 AM
This episode was okay. I did like the way that Scrap-Iron and Destro were portrayed. Each week I watch this on my DVR and I say, "I'll give it one more episode". Not that it's bad, but I guess I just came into it with unrealistically high expectations, thinking it would be as good as or better than Resolute. I'm not blown away by it, but it's not bad enough to make me stop watching it... Yet.

azoric
01-08-2011, 02:29 AM
SPOILERS:::: You have been warned

I liked how they introduced the characters. The explosion, while repetitive of Major Bludd loosing his eye, seemed to be an homage to what was under the visor of 25th Scrap Iron

Other characters introduced

Steeler "Ralph Polanski"
and Dr "Doc" Greer
Also, that looked a heck of a lot like Clutch in the hospital bed and take your guess as the other "veterans"

Alpine?
Stalker?
Dee-Jay? Okay probably not.

Zefram
01-08-2011, 02:37 AM
Destro with a Scottish accent was great. Clancy Brown as his voice actor (unknown to me that he would take that role) made it a thousand times better. The fact that he went the entire episode without putting on his mask or making allusions to it... it made it very real, more than just a "GI Joe cartoon" with static character models to me.

Scrap Iron was very cool - I was afraid at first glance he'd be a wormy, sycophant type... but he came off as a smart and reliable character - he even seemed to be on good terms with McCullen... as if bad guys could have friends!

I love how Scrap-Iron is being portrayed so far. He's kinda like an opposite of Minbender, as he's mature and professional, as opposed to Mindbender's juvenile and casual attitude. Could really see some tension between those two.

I like both of your thinking on this.

The fact that this is only the second time I've ever seen Clancy Brown do a role with anything approaching subtlety (the first being Lex Luthor on Superman) really tells me how good the voice directing is on the show. Everything is being reeled in a bit and portrayed more realistically. This has the awesome effect of making the fantastic stuff, when introduced, that much more easier to buy into.

MFJayman
01-08-2011, 04:23 AM
As for Destro, I love how kinda cut Baroness off before she finished talking. He's a lady's man, but work comes first.

Loved how the flirtation was also interspersed with a professional tension, the Cobra vs MARS rivalry. Baroness mentions the possibility of Cobra buying out MARS, Destro's family pride kicks in, and when Baroness tries to backtrack, Destro "hangs up" (or clicks off) on her mid sentence.

I also love how he seems to be against using his own Grenadiers as test subject. Shows a little loyalty to his men.

Liked how, when Scrap Iron's face was damaged in the chopper, McCullen told him, "You will be avenged". Destro looks out for his employees.