PDA

View Full Version : Storm Shadow Without the Hair - Major Improvement

Troynos
01-03-2011, 10:10 AM
With the stupid locks of hair:

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/members/troynos-albums-blah-picture38969-renegades-009-032-1293553312.jpg

And now without:

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/members/troynos-albums-blah-picture38970-renegades-009-032-1293553312-edit.jpg

Doesn't it look so much better?

Thanks to Monk for doing this up.

FireBat
01-03-2011, 10:17 AM
I'm thinking he needs a major re-design altogether. He just seems so frumpy for a ninja. He needs a sleeker look like SE. The top of his hood makes it look like he fries up chicken at KFC for a living.

Troynos
01-03-2011, 10:19 AM
They should cover the nose and make the hood tighter.

The rest of it is fine. Loose clothes are better then tight for martial arts anyways.

helrod
01-03-2011, 10:20 AM
not a fan of the unwrapped mummy look that was chosen

FireBat
01-03-2011, 10:26 AM

The rest of it is fine. Loose clothes are better then tight for martial arts anyways.

That is true. And I do like him better without the hair, BTW... forgot to mention that. :)

I'd imagine he'll change a bit as the seasons go on.

JoeMama
01-03-2011, 10:30 AM
it's early. remember, he JUST joined Cobra.
In the recent episodes, he was a lone gun Arashikage clan leader on a mission.
Now he's a cobra operative.
Lets' see if they do up his costume a bit better.
Could be an outright change, take it ARAH on us.
That would be awesome.

JohnnyAngel77
01-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Eh, I don't nitpick such things.

fhersanke
01-03-2011, 10:46 AM
lol in the first pic tha hair looks loike a puppy ears

zedhatch
01-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Still looks like a reject from mummies alive.

kennywr22
01-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Sorry but I like the hair look.

ooten
01-03-2011, 10:56 AM
he just looks horrible all together. It looks like a lil kid who is wearing his dads ninja costume thats way to big. I dont know what the artist who came up with this was thinking. its a shame that SS is such a cool character and we cant get a decent modern figure of him. The best SS we seen was the 25th style. Even the Resolute SS sucked. Theres so many cool versions of him through the comics why cant we get a cool toy. Now we get this crappy cartoon version of him. Remember when we wer kids SS was a BA now kids seeing this new cartoon dont get that cool SS factor.

Mermaniel
01-03-2011, 10:56 AM
It does look better, but he still looks 16 years old which makes me dislike him altogether.

fhersanke
01-03-2011, 11:14 AM
good character not to good design

crock master
01-03-2011, 11:18 AM
without the hair does look better, but his head looks a little jarhead more than ninja!

MLos1
01-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Less EMO...='s good.

Snake Shadow09
01-03-2011, 11:22 AM
looks better with the hair. sort of like a fearless warrior.

Otomo
01-03-2011, 11:30 AM
No nice way to say this, but both pics look terrible.

Storm Shadow just plain looks like an asshole in Renegades. Real shame too...he's my favorite character by far in all the history of Joe-dom.

Ugh....that damn head design! So freaking UGLY! Giant honker of a nose sticking out of what looks like toilet paper wrapped on his face. SO stupid. And when he’s unmasked, he has sideburns like a Hassidic Jew! Ridiculous!!

Supposedly the new figures are gonna be “realistic” and fit right in with PoC. How in the world is that gonna work? Are we gonna get a decent new Storm Shadow body with a head that has a nose like Adrian Brody sticking out of his mask?

I would love an updated, “realistic” SS on a par with the unreal new Snake Eyes that just came out….but not if it’s gonna be based on this design!

steve2477
01-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Looks 100 times better. I agree it would be even better if his nose was covered too.

ooten
01-03-2011, 03:50 PM
he just looks horrible all together. It looks like a lil kid who is wearing his dads ninja costume thats way to big. I dont know what the artist who came up with this was thinking. its a shame that SS is such a cool character and we cant get a decent modern figure of him. The best SS we seen was the 25th style. Even the Resolute SS sucked. Theres so many cool versions of him through the comics why cant we get a cool toy. Now we get this crappy cartoon version of him. Remember when we wer kids SS was a BA now kids seeing this new cartoon dont get that cool SS factor.

No nice way to say this, but both pics look terrible.

Storm Shadow just plain looks like an asshole in Renegades. Real shame too...he's my favorite character by far in all the history of Joe-dom.

Ugh....that damn head design! So freaking UGLY! Giant honker of a nose sticking out of what looks like toilet paper wrapped on his face. SO stupid. And when he’s unmasked, he has sideburns like a Hassidic Jew! Ridiculous!!

Supposedly the new figures are gonna be “realistic” and fit right in with PoC. How in the world is that gonna work? Are we gonna get a decent new Storm Shadow body with a head that has a nose like Adrian Brody sticking out of his mask?

I would love an updated, “realistic” SS on a par with the unreal new Snake Eyes that just came out….but not if it’s gonna be based on this design!

pretty much sums it up. anyone else is being dishonest with themselves and to GI Joe

Mr.Kane
01-03-2011, 03:56 PM
I hope the next time we see Storm Shadow he has a new design now that he has joined Cobra. He has the worst design thus far.

MeLikeJinx
01-03-2011, 07:58 PM
good character not to good design
LOL. I think Renegades SS's hair flaps look more like Goofy's ears instead. LOL.

KingBiohazerd
01-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Looks much better with out the hair but I'm in hopes that they will give him a new look now that he's joined cobra..

USAgent
01-03-2011, 08:19 PM
"Major improvement" ... from a certain point of view. just not mine. I dig the goofy hair, it goes with the loose ninja robes look SS is rocking in these early days of Renegades.

Weezus
01-03-2011, 08:24 PM

worse actually.

M_renegade
01-03-2011, 08:31 PM

Hum no, sorry.
It's just that the mask doesn't works in any way..

I'm thinking he needs a major re-design altogether. He just seems so frumpy for a ninja. He needs a sleeker look like SE. The top of his hood makes it look like he fries up chicken at KFC for a living.

..pretty much this.

JohnnyAngel77
01-03-2011, 08:31 PM
pretty much sums it up. anyone else is being dishonest with themselves and to GI Joe
Or, we can just accept change, good or bad. We've had tons of SS incarnations, there has to be one that suits you. Its obviously wasn't working out too well for Hasbro the way he was or they wouldn't have changed him.

That goes for any of it though. If ARAH was paying the bills for Hasbro, we would still be enjoying it. Sadly, its not so they are going to keep changing it until something sticks for a while.

I know, I'm wrong and this will be argued and blah blah blah. :D

Overall though, I'm not a big fan of his design but it could be worse. The toilet paper wrapped around his head could be previously used.

Cobra Troop: "Hey, uh, Storm Shadow...I think you have some doodie on your ninja face wrap thingy."
Storm Shadow: "Its an Arashikage Skidmark, its been in my clan for many generations. Call it doodie again and you shall die."

Saboteur
01-03-2011, 08:35 PM
He's the only one from the show that I abhor the look of. He looks like a 15 year old kid to me. The hair helps contribute to that, so he looks better without the hair. Now, ditch the sandals. Don't care if they're pratical. Hate them.

Joemama could be right.

Nirvana
01-03-2011, 08:38 PM

This is my biggest disappointment with the character's design. The loose hood seems pointless since you get peaks at his face so often when it's supposed to be hidden. I would have rather seen a true hoodie top with a unmasked face or just the mask covering from the nose on down over the current look.

cobracobra
01-03-2011, 08:44 PM
It is a shame about Storm Shadow his character is a little too young for me, I don't mind the younger Breaker and Jinx but do we need the origin story for every single character?

SH0CKWAVE
01-03-2011, 08:46 PM
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/members/troynos-albums-blah-picture38970-renegades-009-032-1293553312-edit.jpg

umm, no. :/

now he looks like he has a toothache.

:D

daremo
01-04-2011, 12:49 AM
Wish I was better at Photoshop :/

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/daremo/Water-Tower/renegades_ss.jpg

RenHoek
01-04-2011, 01:02 AM
Actually,I think he looks better without any mask. Looks too loose.

Tom-1
01-04-2011, 01:04 AM
He looks fine in Renegades. Since ninjas aren't real (I know, I know - ancient Japanese assassin this, Tokugawa period that) I fail to see how one can look supremely 'accurate'.

It's only when you hold it up to the original Storm Shadow that you might feel the need to 'improve' it.

And by improve it, you mean make it look like the guy who was in Sunbow cartoon. :-/

Tom

RenHoek
01-04-2011, 01:08 AM
It does look better, but he still looks 16 years old which makes me dislike him altogether.

So, you hate teenagers?

Zefram
01-04-2011, 01:57 AM
Crap, dude, now he looks bald.

GeneralxRon
01-04-2011, 01:58 AM
He should dye his hair blonde and look like Ken from Street Fighter if he needs to change his look. Whatever, its just hair....keep it or loose it doesnt matter

Snake Shadow09
01-05-2011, 02:24 AM
I hope the next time we see Storm Shadow he has a new design now that he has joined Cobra. He has the worst design thus far.

there is a whole thread based on this.

Troynos
01-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Wish I was better at Photoshop :/

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/daremo/Water-Tower/renegades_ss.jpg

MUCH better.

NAJA EMPIRE
01-05-2011, 01:07 PM
i like the hair better... i think

Wry1
01-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Second pic looks weird too....probably because he has no ears. The mask altogether just sux imo, hopefully it evolves throughout the course of the series. But yeah, the hair sticking out is pretty damn silly, the nose is doing nothing to help either.

thejuan
01-05-2011, 01:31 PM
He looks better without the hair but I think he need a redesign.

Snake Shadow09
01-07-2011, 09:54 PM
He looks better without the hair but I think he need a redesign.

i think he will get one now he has joined cobra.