PDA

View Full Version : What branch of service are Lady Jaye and Flint?

mohearn1
01-01-2011, 03:45 AM
I was watching a GI Joe marathon with the kids for new years and when we got to s01e15, "Haul Down the Heavens", Flint and Lady Jaye are singing the Marine Corps Hymn to distract guards but Flint and Lady Jaye both are Airborne and Ranger school grads, so why did they sing the Marine song not the Army? (yes I know out of 15 episodes of GI Joe that's the fact i want to dispute? worst part is I'm Air Force not Army or Marines so y should i care.)

oliverbox
01-01-2011, 03:48 AM
They are both Army... the Marine Corps hymn is just the best song. The Army Song isn't so inspiring.

Wylde Weezle
01-01-2011, 03:51 AM
^ This. I'm 11 years in the Army now, and I think everyone else has a better song than we do.

mech-grunt
01-01-2011, 04:08 AM
Hey Brother do not knock our song Brother. We are “first to fight for the right”! Afghanistan is first time that I can think of any other branch doing it, and that only talk conventional forces.

Wylde Weezle
01-01-2011, 04:27 AM
Hey Brother do not knock our song Brother. We are “first to fight for the right”! Afghanistan is first time that I can think of any other branch doing it, and that only talk conventional forces.

I still sound off loud and proud whenever it's time to sing it, just saying...I was a musician long before I was a Soldier and it's just a matter of personal preference LOL

How about I redeem myself by saying that in the particular scene Flint and Lady Jaye were singing that Marine song to be ANNOYING :D

Smokebomb
01-01-2011, 04:57 AM
Funny thing is the Air Force songs cartoon claim to fame is whenever Scooby-Doo takes flight. An arguement could begin pretty soon off this...So like I tell my sister in law...If it weren't for the AF the Army would have a hell of a time paratrooping from a boat...And yes I know we're the Army's little brother and the youngest branch but it's fun to razz some soldiers every now and again. Look at it this way though...The other branches have the cooler Joes....All the AF Joes are the pilots....All in good fun.

Hmheggins2000
01-01-2011, 05:20 AM
Well more importantly, what network did this marathon come on?

Smokebomb
01-01-2011, 05:32 AM
My guess would be The Hub.

ShockVal
01-01-2011, 05:45 AM
I think all branches should adopt a new song:

YouTube - Drowning Pool - Bodies (Let The Bodies Hit The Floor) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO_QntXc-c4)

{side note - why such a heavy TX presence in this thread?}

Smokebomb
01-01-2011, 05:58 AM
TX has about 400 military installations...

Trooper13
01-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Oh, how I used to hate parades...

Flint071
01-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Useless Knowledge: In the DDP Issue where Flint and Baroness are captured by the Yakuza, Flint sings "Army Goes Rolling Along" while being tortured.

mohearn1
01-01-2011, 12:22 PM
the marathon was on my dvd player. I'm glad to hear any military song "loud and proud" when ever the air force song is done at any function its kinnda pathetic to listen to, even the people that know it don't seem to give a shit enough to be heard more than 1 foot away from themselves.

Smokebomb
01-03-2011, 05:38 AM
I think we (AF) make fun of the AF song more than anyone else.

Troynos
01-03-2011, 11:01 AM
It's the Sunbow cartoon and as we all know Sunbow didn't give a rat's ass about being real world accurate with anything military related.

That's why. :)

As for why they picked the Marines song, it's probably the most recognizable. I know most of it off the top of my head and have never once heard the Air Force one and I've spent a couple weeks on various AF bases visiting a friend years ago.

ChaplainAsst
01-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Useless Knowledge: In the DDP Issue where Flint and Baroness are captured by the Yakuza, Flint sings "Army Goes Rolling Along" while being tortured.

Good catch. I couldn't remember what song is was but I remembered him singing an army song. Maybe DDP was referencing this cartoon episode when they decided to include this, giving a little correction to Sunbow.

mohearn1
01-03-2011, 11:25 PM
I think we (AF) make fun of the AF song more than anyone else.
Better the AF song than the Copycat Creed or that stupid motto they just put out, "Aim High, fly, fight, win" BS. I know a guy that submitted that as a joke when they were asking for suggestions.

Unclassified
01-03-2011, 11:28 PM
long branch