PDA

View Full Version : G.I. Joe: Renegades Episode 8 Promo!

General Hawk
12-31-2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks to a reminder from fellow Renegades junkie kennywr22, I got the DVR set for the Transformers: Prime marathon tonight and was able to snag a brand spanking new promo for next week's G.I. Joe: Renegades!

Unfortunately no sign of Scrap Iron. :(

However, some interesting action scenes, including the Mech Suits that bare some strong resemblance to the SNAKE Armor (at least conceptually). Armored suits that also control the user's minds... very interesting.

Check out the promo below!

YouTube - G.I. Joe: Renegades Episode 8 Promo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U-IMFEYRX0)

Trooper13
12-31-2010, 09:22 PM
Wow. That looked pretty damn intense.

Jay West
12-31-2010, 09:24 PM
Not my favorite promo ever, but I have faith. I am not much of a fan of mind control plots.

RenHoek
12-31-2010, 09:26 PM
Maybe that guy in the brown jacket catching Tunnel Rat is Scrap Iron without his scars and in disguise? Also, rage zombie Roadblock FTW!

Trooper13
12-31-2010, 09:27 PM
Maybe that guy in the brown jacket catching Tunnel Rat's Scrap Iron without his scars and in disguise?

That's what I was thinking. Much like Bludd, we may see him get his scars onscreen.

kennywr22
12-31-2010, 09:41 PM
Got a feeling that Guy is just helping scrap iron. I'm thinking scrap iron is gonna be a little more stand outish. Episode looks cool as always.by the way, did we ever see se in that trench coat? I remember the promo but not in the episode. Am I just forgetting?

General Hawk
12-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Got a feeling that Guy is just helping scrap iron. I'm thinking scrap iron is gonna be a little more stand outish. Episode looks cool as always.by the way, did we ever see se in that trench coat? I remember the promo but not in the episode. Am I just forgetting?

A comment on my YouTube page seemed to indicate that scene with Snake Eyes was from a later episode, just worked into the promo for that one. Odd, for sure. No, we have not yet seen Snake Eyes in his trench coat.

I agree with your Scrap Iron thoughts. In one shot, the guy with brown air looks off screen and is talking, like he's working alongside someone else.

SNAKE EYES
12-31-2010, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the clip Justin... can't wait to see the full episode this Friday.

Trooper13
12-31-2010, 09:49 PM
I agree with your Scrap Iron thoughts. In one shot, the guy with brown air looks off screen and is talking, like he's working alongside someone else.

Good catch. Didn't notice that. While I loved that last two parter, it's making this two week stretch unbearable.

kennywr22
12-31-2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks justin. Your info and dedication to renegades is much appreciated.

Monkeywrench
12-31-2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the promo!

This is the first promo that I'm not feeling. Not digging the mech suits

Zablorg
12-31-2010, 10:51 PM
I bet they get to keep the blue one.

topnotch97
12-31-2010, 11:11 PM
finally MARS Industries :D

plus some mechs

Echo7Solo
12-31-2010, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the promo!

My first thoughts for them were snake armor. This I don't mind. But I want to see what they do with it.

John_0515
01-01-2011, 12:01 AM
My first thoughts for them were snake armor. This I don't mind. But I want to see what they do with it.

I thought the same thing, but in the cartoons, the SNAKEs were the early BATs. The toy had room for a figure inside, so I hope you're right and that's where they're going with this.

RenHoek
01-01-2011, 12:29 AM

Doesn't rule him out as Scrap-Iron. He could be talking to Destro, a character they don't seem to want to spoil just yet.

Adamantite
01-01-2011, 12:43 AM
These armor/mech suits seem infinitely better to me than the mechs we got with POC. I can live with these.

Zefram
01-01-2011, 01:13 AM
Interesting. Looking forward to seeing where they go with this. Not completely sold on these mechs, but if the inevitable toy is good, then I'll give it a shot.

samantha
01-01-2011, 03:30 AM
I love this show. Those suits would be great toys. I also want a Bio-Viper or ten.

Big IV
01-01-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm not a huge fan of mind control plots in general, but somehow they seem right with this franchise. Almost nostalgic. I am curious about this episode.

Big IV
01-01-2011, 10:07 AM

What will they do? Sell some repainted mech suits.

kneroh
01-01-2011, 10:38 AM
This is episode already has an uphill battle to win me over. I find just find the brainwashing of characters and having the good guys fight each other to be pretty cliche. I'd expect this much later in the series' run when they're running out of ideas and enemies, not episode 8.

I'm staying positive though. The writers have been very cleaver with the pacing and the action up until this point. They've got a good shot at winning me over if they can pull this off in an original and smart way.

General Hawk
01-01-2011, 10:51 AM
This is episode already has an uphill battle to win me over. I find just find the brainwashing of characters and having the good guys fight each other to be pretty cliche. I'd expect this much later in the series' run when they're running out of ideas and enemies, not episode 8.

I'm staying positive though. The writers have been very cleaver with the pacing and the action up until this point. They've got a good shot at winning me over if they can pull this off in an original and smart way.

I definitely agree with the sentiment. I'm not a big fan of the whole mind control angle either. But I will say, considering how often it was used throughout the Marvel run, this isn't out of the realm of possibility in the G.I. Joe universe.

Heck, it's even been done with armored suits before with the SNAKE.

But yeah, I'm still in agreement. A lot of the success of this episode will depend on how they treat Scrap Iron and how they can pull off this whole mind control thing without being horribly cliche.

Gyre-Viper
01-01-2011, 10:52 AM

At least they're not throwing snow balls at each other yet.

fireflyguy
01-01-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm looking forward to another episode. I didn't realize one wasn't airing this week although I should've known with it being New Year's Eve and all.

Troynos
01-01-2011, 11:03 AM

Yeah... mech suits not working for me...

Gyre-Viper
01-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Yeah... mech suits not working for me...

you have to be jacked in first.

Troynos
01-01-2011, 11:09 AM
you have to be jacked in first.

lol

kneroh
01-01-2011, 11:12 AM
I definitely agree with the sentiment. I'm not a big fan of the whole mind control angle either. But I will say, considering how often it was used throughout the Marvel run, this isn't out of the realm of possibility in the G.I. Joe universe.

Heck, it's even been done with armored suits before with the SNAKE.

But yeah, I'm still in agreement. A lot of the success of this episode will depend on how they treat Scrap Iron and how they can pull off this whole mind control thing without being horribly cliche.

I totally agree with you on the marvel run stuff. At first though the Brainwave scanner was used to torture and extract information. It wasn't until the very end of the series though that Cobra Commander was strapping everyone in their for any reason.

At least they're not throwing snow balls at each other yet.

I'm trying to lobby the staff to throw in a water fight at Springfield's Typhoon Bay Water Park/Eel Training center.

Gyre-Viper
01-01-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm trying to lobby the staff to throw in a water fight at Springfield's Typhoon Bay Water Park/Eel Training center.

won. ^

Trooper13
01-01-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm generally not a fan of mech suits, or the brainwave scanner. However depending on how both are handled I could dig it.

It's not like governments and militaries haven't experimented with hypnotic suggestion. I just never liked how the scanner got so overused in the Marvel run. If it's something that makes a one time appearance, or turns out to be more of a liability then a useful tool then it could work for me. Especially if they meld the scanner into the mechs. Kind of like how the old SNAKE armor used to control the person in it. If the mechs are more like the SNAKE armor, bulk, imperfect war machines, instead of robotech or ironman style mechs, or armored suits then I'll be totally cool with it.

I think both angles, if handled correctly, and in moderation, could be cool.

kennywr22
01-01-2011, 02:29 PM
It looks to be a one time thing anyways. Next episode they are going to help a small town deal with zartan and the dreadnoks...yes.

Trooper13
01-01-2011, 02:49 PM
It looks to be a one time thing anyways. Next episode they are going to help a small town deal with zartan and the dreadnoks...yes.

Given the way this team has handled this series so far, I'm willing to keep an open mind. Even where the Bio-Vipers were concerned. We've seen them, what? Twice? They even evolved in between appearances. I think they've show to have a pretty decent grasp of using the more "out there" elements of Joe in moderation.

kennywr22
01-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Yep. With the writing so far I'm pretty confident in what we will see. Scrap iron should be cool.

mattymatt
01-01-2011, 04:16 PM
i wonder if the joes are going to throw one of those suits in the back of the coyote?

Monkeywrench
01-01-2011, 04:18 PM
i wonder if the joes are going to throw one of those suits in the back of the coyote?

it wouldn't suprise me

Trooper13
01-01-2011, 04:19 PM

Maybe, but I'd think that might make things cramped with SE's motorcycle. I'm more inclined to think, if anything, they might get ahold of the plans and forward them onto Breaker.

spike78a
01-01-2011, 07:44 PM
was that doc? is he this week's surprise cameo?

Snake Shadow09
01-02-2011, 02:31 AM
not liking this clip at all.

Monkeywrench
01-02-2011, 02:32 AM
was that doc? is he this week's surprise cameo?

huh? i didn't catch that

RenHoek
01-02-2011, 02:34 AM
not liking this clip at all.

Why not?

firefly069
01-02-2011, 07:32 PM

LOL!
"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team."

Still Should be alright!

firefly069
01-02-2011, 07:34 PM
They are probably doing this to sell mech toys. Look at the latest season of Clone wars with all the new characters.

kennywr22
01-02-2011, 07:38 PM
If you remember the promo for episode 3 was pretty uneventful and didn't show much and that episode rocked.

General Hawk
01-02-2011, 09:21 PM
If you remember the promo for episode 3 was pretty uneventful and didn't show much and that episode rocked.

Heh, that's a good point. No sign of Major Bludd, a quick shot of some dorky guy in glasses. Certainly didn't seem like it would have much promise.

I've got faith.

Snake Shadow09
01-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Why not?

not feeling the vibe plus im not a fan of tech suites.

Metal_Head
01-03-2011, 12:51 AM
any links to episode yet?

sithewok
01-03-2011, 02:50 AM
While Renegades has won me over, the anime designs of the mechs and the "brainwashed friend becomes my enemy" does nothing for me. To be fair, I'm just not a fan of mechs in general... But this preview just doesn't psyche me up for the story...

knoxvelour
01-03-2011, 03:05 AM
even if this episode is sub-par, that's one clunker out of 8 so far. Pretty good track record as far as I'm concerned.

sithewok
01-03-2011, 03:55 AM
even if this episode is sub-par, that's one clunker out of 8 so far. Pretty good track record as far as I'm concerned.

I agree. As negative as I sound about this preview, Renegades has surprised me positively with nearly every episode. I can deal with a mis-step or two along the way.

Troynos
01-03-2011, 11:27 AM
any links to episode yet?

That would be hard to happen since the episode hasn't aired yet.

I don't know why everyone is commenting about Scrap-Iron and the scars. The guy in the lab coat could very well be Renegades Scrap-Iron.

New show, new continuity...

He might not have/get the scars in this show. He might very well be just the guy in a lab coat.

Just because Bludd lost an eye doesn't mean all the characters will end up like their old ARAH figures.

Mr.Kane
01-03-2011, 04:12 PM
In any rate this show is on point for me. I for 1 can't wait til fridays to see what's going to happen next.

Trooper13
01-03-2011, 05:50 PM

I don't know why everyone is commenting about Scrap-Iron and the scars. The guy in the lab coat could very well be Renegades Scrap-Iron.

He might not have/get the scars in this show. He might very well be just the guy in a lab coat.

Just because Bludd lost an eye doesn't mean all the characters will end up like their old ARAH figures.

Good point. As I said before, I really thought the lab coat guy was Scrap Iron. While it seems they are trying to make some of their characters recognizable to fans of the old ARAH designs, it's important to note that until I owned Scrap Iron, I never noticed his scars. He was just the explosives guy with the dumb looking Star Wars helmet and visor. Look at Hawk. He looks NOTHING like either of his ARAH designs. Neither does Mindbender. I like getting a look at all new designs. Honestly, Scrap Iron wasn't important enough, imo, to be kept perfectly true to his ARAH design.

RenHoek
01-03-2011, 05:58 PM

Yeah, but this is still G.I. Joe. Scrap-Iron has pretty much always been scarred, and it would be pretty stupid for him to have a clean face throughout the series.

Troynos
01-03-2011, 06:03 PM
I never knew/realized he was scarred until the 25th. I don't remember the comics having him scarred and definately don't remember it in the cartoon.

Why would it be stupid? This is a new continuity, that means all bets are off. What came before only has as much bearing as the writers choose to give it.

We've already seen major changes to Hawk, Jinx, Mindbender and Breaker. Why not Scrap Iron?

RenHoek
01-03-2011, 06:10 PM
I never knew/realized he was scarred until the 25th. I don't remember the comics having him scarred and definately don't remember it in the cartoon.

Why would it be stupid? This is a new continuity, that means all bets are off. What came before only has as much bearing as the writers choose to give it.

We've already seen major changes to Hawk, Jinx, Mindbender and Breaker. Why not Scrap Iron?

Yeah, but so far far, if he is Scrap-Iron, he has nothing in common with the original. This guy seems to be a technician, not a frontline type anti-armor soldier anymore. And besides, all those character with major changes still have the same core character. Hawk's still the grizzled leader, Jinx is still SS's little ninja cousin, Mindbender still an annoying scientisrt, and Breaker's still the Joe's main techie. Having Scrap-Iron be a scarless technician is still even more different. That said, I guess we'll all find out Friday.

Trooper13
01-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Yeah, but so far far, if he is Scrap-Iron, he has nothing in common with the original. This guy seems to be a technician, not a frontline type anti-armor soldier anymore. And besides, all those character with major changes still have the same core character. Hawk's still the grizzled leader, Jinx is still SS's little ninja cousin, Mindbender still an annoying scientisrt, and Breaker's still the Joe's main techie. Having Scrap-Iron be a scarless technician is still even more different. That said, I guess we'll all find out Friday.

Tunnel Rat is a medic, and Roadblock is a Mechanic. Flint is an Intelligence Officer, instead of an Infantry WO, and Chopper Pilot. Not everyone is the same. Scrap Iron can be a technical weapons systems expert, and and not a mutilated mercenary. He can still be Scrap Iron. Remember, the Scrap Iron we knew had to start somewhere. Nowhere do I remember ever reading that he was a soldier, just an expert.

Troynos
01-03-2011, 06:21 PM
But Scrap-Iron started out as a techie before becoming front line, least according to his filecards and history.

RenHoek
01-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Tunnel Rat is a medic, and Roadblock is a Mechanic. Flint is an Intelligence Officer, instead of an Infantry WO, and Chopper Pilot. Not everyone is the same. Scrap Iron can be a technical weapons systems expert, and and not a mutilated mercenary. He can still be Scrap Iron. Remember, the Scrap Iron we knew had to start somewhere. Nowhere do I remember ever reading that he was a soldier, just an expert.

Well, you do have a point, but the characters you mentioned still have similar characteristics to the original characters that makes them pretty recognizable. Anyways, I never really memorized all of the filecards, so I always pretended Scrap-Iron was a soldier of some sort. Though to be fair, as long as he has either the helmet of the scars, I guess I'll be happy.

Trooper13
01-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Well, you do have a point, but the characters you mentioned still have similar characteristics to the original characters that makes them pretty recognizable. Anyways, I never really memorized all of the filecards, so I always pretended Scrap-Iron was a soldier of some sort. Though to be fair, as long as he has either the helmet of the scars, I guess I'll be happy.

I'm keeping an open mind, atleast. While I'm not worried about him turning into "our" Scrap Iron, I can understand when it comes to people's favorites that they feel very protective. I was miffed when I saw what IDW did with the Crimson Guard, especially after giving us so many cool designs. It wasn't that they changed the design, though. Just that I didn't like what they did with them.

I try to view each universe as completely seperate takes, when something is a cool nod to the past, I enjoy it. When they completely redo it, I try to judged it with fresh eyes when I can.

No matter how it turns out, I hope you end up liking him. I've got a feeling he's going to be cool, even if a little nerdy for the moment.

RenHoek
01-03-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm keeping an open mind, atleast. While I'm not worried about him turning into "our" Scrap Iron, I can understand when it comes to people's favorites that they feel very protective. I was miffed when I saw what IDW did with the Crimson Guard, especially after giving us so many cool designs. It wasn't that they changed the design, though. Just that I didn't like what they did with them.

I try to view each universe as completely seperate takes, when something is a cool nod to the past, I enjoy it. When they completely redo it, I try to judged it with fresh eyes when I can.

No matter how it turns out, I hope you end up liking him. I've got a feeling he's going to be cool, even if a little nerdy for the moment.

Yeah, I get what you mean. As long as he doesn't turn out an overly weak nerd or Mindbender's apprentice, I'm fairly certain I'll enjoy this episode.

kennywr22
01-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Judging from clems designs for the cobra guys I'm fairly certain scrap iron will stand out and we will defiantly say " That's scrap iron" hell yes.I just don't see the design to be a Guy in a brown coat. I m sure they are keeping him hidden till Friday.

dj7000
01-03-2011, 11:12 PM
looks fantastic

WVMojo
01-03-2011, 11:15 PM
I'm ok with Biovipers, I'm ok with some of the other changes, but they could have waited until season two to bring in the mech suits...

Monkeywrench
01-03-2011, 11:20 PM
5 more days

MFJayman
01-06-2011, 03:14 AM
Good point. As I said before, I really thought the lab coat guy was Scrap Iron. While it seems they are trying to make some of their characters recognizable to fans of the old ARAH designs, it's important to note that until I owned Scrap Iron, I never noticed his scars. He was just the explosives guy with the dumb looking Star Wars helmet and visor. Look at Hawk. He looks NOTHING like either of his ARAH designs. Neither does Mindbender. I like getting a look at all new designs. Honestly, Scrap Iron wasn't important enough, imo, to be kept perfectly true to his ARAH design.

So far, I can't really think of any of the Renegades characters whose design I don't like. They all make sense, IMO. They totally redeemed Mindbender. I even like the CC mask, I like seeing that freaky maniacal eye sticking out, actually.

Oh, but then again, SS...if I cared more about the character, then I'd probably not like his design.

There are some very capable creative minds working on this show, and they need to be able to create their own versions of what came before, instead of just reproducing, or mimicking, earlier designs. If they had to simply reproduce what came before, I think it would stifle them.

MFJayman
01-06-2011, 03:20 AM
Yeah, I get what you mean. As long as he doesn't turn out an overly weak nerd or Mindbender's apprentice, I'm fairly certain I'll enjoy this episode.

I'm also hoping they don't make him another lab-coated scientist, that would seem a little redundant (with Mindbender on the scene and all), even if they did change him into more of a soldier later.

MFJayman
01-06-2011, 03:32 AM
While Renegades has won me over, the anime designs of the mechs and the "brainwashed friend becomes my enemy" does nothing for me. To be fair, I'm just not a fan of mechs in general... But this preview just doesn't psyche me up for the story...

I'd have preferred to see some new, creative versions of the BATs, or some other robotic trooper, rather than mech suits.

MFJayman
01-06-2011, 03:39 AM
Thus far, the writers have given me no reason to think that they'll deliver a poor episode this Friday. I can't help but trust them with Episode 8.

Trooper13
01-06-2011, 09:23 AM
So far, I can't really think of any of the Renegades characters whose design I don't like. They all make sense, IMO. They totally redeemed Mindbender. I even like the CC mask, I like seeing that freaky maniacal eye sticking out, actually.

Oh, but then again, SS...if I cared more about the character, then I'd probably not like his design.

There are some very capable creative minds working on this show, and they need to be able to create their own versions of what came before, instead of just reproducing, or mimicking, earlier designs. If they had to simply reproduce what came before, I think it would stifle them.

I have to agree.

I might be more miffed about SS's appearance, but the reality is that I really don't care about him enough. I like the look of his gi, it looks loose and comfortable. Perfect. The mask is odd, but like I said, I really don't care enough. While I don't care for ninja action much at all. Jinx has me completely smitten. I love everything about her new design. It's perfect, and like NOTHING we've gotten so far.

I think CC's look is absolutely brilliant. The half mask is all sorts of creepy in a Hannibal Lechter sort of way. His uniform, and I've mentioned this before, is very reminisceint of a WWII British Field Officers uniform. A perfect blend of class, and functionality. Exactly what I'd expect from this badass, but elite villian.

Thank freakin' GAWD they redesigned Mindbender. I know some find him annoying, but I think he's perfect. He reminds me of Ryan Reynolds' character from Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place for some weird reason.

Don't even get me started on the blue and greenshirts. FINALLY, the Cobra Trooper is back! Possibly the best designs of the whole show. Much, much better then any Viper. I love the look of Flint's MP's. Both sides have killer troop building potential.
I'm really just amazed at how this team has managed to hit almost everything out of the park in my estimation. Very well done.

Zefram
01-06-2011, 10:14 AM
One day more.

Can't wait.

Trooper13
01-06-2011, 10:33 AM
One day too long!

MFJayman
01-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Don't even get me started on the blue and greenshirts. FINALLY, the Cobra Trooper is back! Possibly the best designs of the whole show. Much, much better then any Viper. I love the look of Flint's MP's. Both sides have killer troop building potential.
I'm really just amazed at how this team has managed to hit almost everything out of the park in my estimation. Very well done.

I'm hoping that in Renegades they keep the Blueshirts as the standard Cobra troopers, and use any Vipers sparingly, as perhaps elite, and therefore much less numerous, trooper types. I'm not really talking so much about the Bio-Vipers here...I'm still uncertain about how they are meant to be used from here on out.

MFJayman
01-06-2011, 12:28 PM

The distaste expressed over the mech suits (and trust me, I'm rather dubious about them as well) reminds me of much of what was being said about the Bio-Vipers before the show debuted, although perhaps not as severe. The Bio-Vipers weren't great, and I'm still pretty neutral about them, at best, but I don't think they really detracted much from the episodes they were in. And furthermore, its clear by now that they are meant to appear occasionally, not regularly.

So I have a sense that these mech suits might have a similar Bio-Viper feel to them, and therefore I would expect to feel neutral about them, at worst.

Now the whole mind control aspect...that I could have a problem with. I hope any "mind control" tech is used very seldom by Cobra, and that it is very unreliable and faulty, so that Cobra ultimately gives up on it.

SilverOptimus
01-07-2011, 04:15 AM
Cel-Shaded CGI action!!! Oh YEAH!!! :)
That "Roadblock Mechsuit" will definitely comeout as a toy...

kennywr22
01-07-2011, 02:05 PM
4 and a half hours and counting.....come on!!! Gonna be great. New episode and a trailer for next weeks episode with the dreadnoks!!!!!

Adamantite
01-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Two weeks was much too long a wait. Can't wait.

blayze5150
01-07-2011, 03:10 PM
So pissed! Douche Network took The Hub out of my package, now I'll have to wait until after the 18th when Time Warner comes out and installs. I'll have to catch it online.

General Hawk
01-07-2011, 04:52 PM
4 and a half hours and counting.....come on!!! Gonna be great. New episode and a trailer for next weeks episode with the dreadnoks!!!!!

HELL. YES. I don't know what I'm more excited for, the episode or the potential for a glimpse of Zartan!

Cannot WAIT.

Trooper13
01-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Just got back in from snowblowing and having a snowball fight with my oldest. We're havin' cocoa now, and waitin' for Joe! Good times...

Trooper13
01-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Wow. Pretty adult subject matter so far. This show is awesome.

RenHoek
01-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Is it on yet?

Trooper13
01-07-2011, 06:43 PM
HOLY SH*T!!!! Destro AND he name dropped the IG!!! Siiiiiiicccckkkk.

RenHoek
01-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Wait, it's on!? And Destro is in it?! Thank god I recorded it!

Trooper13
01-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Holy crap, Destro AND Baroness are totally awesome!!!!!! You'll be glad you recorded this!!!

kennywr22
01-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Scrap iron yet?

Trooper13
01-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Yeah, he's the lab guy, but trust me, He's freakin' bad ass. This episode is seriously dark for a kids cartoon.

Trooper13
01-07-2011, 06:54 PM
HISS Drone!!!!

Black Swan
01-07-2011, 06:54 PM
I want more toys with lab coats and guys in ties. Sure hope we get a "Preacher" and some mechs.

Trooper13
01-07-2011, 06:56 PM
WOAH!!! That MARS chopper is sick!!!

Trooper13
01-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Steeler!!!

carion
01-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Steeler and Doc

Trooper13
Wow. I thought this episode might be dull. No dice. One of my favorites.

kennywr22
Really? Scrap iron is the the lab tech in the coat?? Hmmm. Guess ill wait till I watch it. Not what I was hoping for.

kennywr22
01-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Promo?

CrimsonGuard101
01-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Really? Scrap iron is the the lab tech in the coat?? Hmmm. Guess ill wait till I watch it. Not what I was hoping for.

Yup that was scrap iron...blow up my face with a rocket and put a mask on me plz...seems to be the theme with everyone on cobra who needs to wear a mask these days...burn em or slah/blow em up...Destro is a total wuss gimp...wow...and that look at Zartan? I REALLY HOPE thatw as not a cowboy hat....desparado noks at the ok corral...lame...

Trooper13
01-07-2011, 07:04 PM

TRUST ME!!! I don't think you'll be disappointed once you see the entire episode. This episode has alot of dark overtones to it, and even though he's a labcoat guy, he's definitely Scrap Iron.

Promo?

Not liking the couple of seconds of the 'Noks, but it's hard to judge without context.

carion
01-07-2011, 07:05 PM
I hope they make a helecopter just like the one in this episode.

it was Awesome!!!!

Those Mechsuits are great to, maybe their the new snake armer.

kennywr22
01-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Why not liking the noks? Don't scare me.lol.

kennywr22
01-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Oh by the way crimsonguard101 your comments mean zero to me so don't waste your time.

Trooper13
01-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Why not liking the noks? Don't scare me.lol.

Oh by the way crimsonguard101 your comments mean zero to me so don't waste your time.

Well, to be fair, while he's usually raving like a lunatic, his Zartan comment is pretty spot on. I wasn't impressed by what I saw. However, like I said, without context, it's too early to judge.

Zefram
01-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Very good ep. Lots of named dropped and cameos. I especially love the dreamy look in Baroness's eyes when she's talking to "James".

kneroh
01-07-2011, 07:12 PM
So tack on Doc, Steeler and the Iron Grenadiers (who those assholes are) to list!

Barefoot Jedi
01-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Glorious!!!

Rather mature themes...homeless military veterans, addiction mentioned in passing and not in "very special episode" style like DiC, a "preacher"?

I loved the Baroness flirting with Destro. Scrap-Iron! Destro mentioning his "Grenadiers"??? The MARS helicopter!?

Steeler and Doc! I FUCKING LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

Trooper13
01-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Very good ep. Lots of named dropped and cameos. I especially love the dreamy look in Baroness's eyes when she's talking to "James".

Their interaction made the episode for me. That, and that the storyline involved veterans. I really enjoyed this episode a TON more then I thought I would. More sick, sick vehicles. Hasbro is sitting on a goldmine with these vehicle designs. I hope they don't cheap out on them. I've come to realize that I think whoever edits these promos, either has no idea how to entice an audience, or is just F'ing with us. lol

CrimsonGuard101
01-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Just saw a full shot of zartan on the ep. 9 promo during meerkat manner, he is a roughneck cowboy alright with a full cowboy hat, kinda like an outback aussie would wear and a machette...they should have just left him and the nokcs outta of it oh boi...

kneroh
01-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Just saw a full shot of zartan on the ep. 9 promo during meerkat manner, he is a roughneck cowboy alright with a full cowboy hat, kinda like an outback aussie would wear and a machette...they should have just left him and the nokcs outta of it oh boi...

I love how you hate everything about this show, complain about it nonstop and refuse to accept Joe has changed... yet you watch it every single week and even stick around through meerkat manor to see the preview for the next episode.

Zefram
01-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Their interaction made the episode for me. That, and that the storyline involved veterans. I really enjoyed this episode a TON more then I thought I would. More sick, sick vehicles. Hasbro is sitting on a goldmine with these vehicle designs. I hope they don't cheap out on them. I've come to realize that I think whoever edits these promos, either has no idea how to entice an audience, or is just F'ing with us. lol

Agreed on the promos.

I didn't care to much for the mech suits, not as much as the PoC ones at any rate. Would love to see that MARS gunship get made though.

Will be interesting to see how the IGs look when they get introduced. One thing I like is how characters seem to change as they appear. That's the beauty of setting the series in "teh early yearz", because it gives the characters a lot more room to grow, not only into what we're familiar with but beyond. Can't wait until we see how Destro gets the mask.

Barefoot Jedi
01-07-2011, 07:21 PM

The lovey-dovey tone the Baroness gets in her voice when she talks about "Mr. McCullen" and her flirting with him in this episode is fabulous!

I sincerely am adoring this re-interpretation of the GIJOE-versus-COBRA mythology.

The only thing that I noticeably don't like are the minimalist-style backgrounds but that's not really important enough an issue to spoil any of my enjoyment. I'm sure that was just a way to help bring the show in on a budget. I have zero issues with the content.

CrimsonGuard101
01-07-2011, 07:22 PM
I love how you hate everything about this show, complain about it nonstop and refuse to accept Joe has changed... yet you watch it every single week and even stick around through meerkat manor to see the preview for the next episode.

What I cant watch it and HOPE they show somehting cool like Major Blood? Its not my fault they keep failing at every turn with everything else shown so far to turn this thing into something stellar. I picked up the tail end of it to watch Meerkat manner, I cant tell them not to air the damn commercials while i watch other programming now can i?

I am also entitled to my opinion

kneroh
01-07-2011, 07:23 PM
What I cant watch it and HOPE they show somehting cool like Major Blood? Its not my fault they keep fail at every turn with everything else shown so far to turn this thing into something stellar. I picked up the tail end of it to watch Meerkat manner, I cant tell them not to air the damn commercials while iw atch other programming now can i?

I am also entitled to my opinion

No one said you're not. I'm just saying it seems to me that you actually like the show.

RenHoek
01-07-2011, 07:24 PM
4 new characters! Doc, Steeler, Scrap Iron, and Destro! Hell yes!!

CrimsonGuard101
01-07-2011, 07:24 PM
No one said you're not. I'm just saying it seems to me that you actually like the show.

I like ELMENTS of it, but 98% of I loathe so far...

Trooper13
01-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Agreed on the promos.

I didn't care to much for the mech suits, not as much as the PoC ones at any rate. Would love to see that MARS gunship get made though.

The mechs were alright by me, I'm not really a mech guy anyhow. It was nice to see the HISS Drone, though.

Will be interesting to see how the IGs look when they get introduced. One thing I like is how characters seem to change as they appear. That's the beauty of setting the series in "teh early yearz", because it gives the characters a lot more room to grow, not only into what we're familiar with but beyond. Can't wait until we see how Destro gets the mask.

I agree. The troops have been top notch so far so I'm really excited to see them. It was really nice to see Destro before the mask. I agree, starting early gives us time to watch the characters grow into more familiar versions of themselves for us. Also, it allows the kids to grow with the characters. My oldest shouted "DESTRO!!!" when McCullen started talking to Scrap Iron. It was cool to see him so excited.

Between the kidnapping and experimenting on vets, mind control, and impersonating a member of the clergy, I'd say Renegades is getting alot more adult themed then Resolute at this point.

carion
01-07-2011, 07:27 PM

The correct spelling is L-O-V-E, not L-O-A-T-H-E.

Zefram
01-07-2011, 07:28 PM
And I didn't even notice Doc's name, though I did recognize Steeler's. Introducing "new" characters by their file-card names is such a huge treat for older fans. Nobody can tell me these guys aren't serious fans of classic Joe.

CrimsonGuard101
01-07-2011, 07:30 PM
The correct spelling is L-O-V-E, not L-O-A-T-H-E.

Your taking what I said outta context, please re-read and apply the proper spelling of loathe to my statment. I if must provide you with a link to the webster's dictonary defintion I can do that for you if you do not understand the difference between "love" and "loathe".

carion
01-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Your taking what I said outta context, please re-read and apply the proper spelling of loathe to my statment. I if must provide you with a link to the webster's dictonary defintion I can do that for you if you do not understand the difference between "love" and "loathe".

loathe (l) KEY

TRANSITIVE VERB:
loathed, loath·ing, loathes
To dislike (someone or something) greatly; abhor.
loathe - Dictionary definition and pronunciation - Yahoo! Education (http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/loathe)

love
A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness. A feeling of intense...
Dictionary: Online definitions and pronunciations - Yahoo! Education (http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/?s=love)

You talk about Renegades with such Intense passion that you must love it. Stop denying yourself and accept the love you have for Renegades.

Black Swan
01-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Steeler!!!
Yay
Steeler and Doc

More yay !!! Another great Renegades episode.
Scrap Iron and Mr. McCullen seemed like long time buddies.I didn't know they were they were that close.I hope Scrap Iron makes another appearance soon. Baroness little conservation with Destro was hilarious.

I don't know but the other vets cameos looked like either Flash or/Grandslam and Clutch.

The upcoming rodeo Zartan and 'Noks have me hooked till next weeks episode.

Barefoot Jedi
01-07-2011, 07:42 PM

Our percentages are reversed. :)

I reallyreallyreally hope Hasbro has some Renegades toys to show at Toyfair.

So many of the character designs will look smashing in realistic style.

I still doubt I'll get my beloved Mindbender in the first wave(s), or at all...but I'm OK with that.

RenHoek
01-07-2011, 07:43 PM
I liked how Scrap-Iron got his scars. Looks like I was right about him talking to Destro in that one scene in the promo.

carion
01-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Yay

More yay !!! Another great Renegades episode.
Scrap Iron and Mr. McCullen seemed like long time buddies.I didn't know they were thety were that close..

Acording to Scrap Irons original file card, he is a weapons designer for destro.

The wrighters for this show are definatly doing some homework.

CrimsonGuard101
01-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Acording to Scrap Irons original file card, he is a weapons designer for destro.

Its stated as "It is believed" he is a product designer for Destro, as in they are not really sure, you can look at that either way. They just choose to expand on that and add it in thier own few that he is part of Mars and Destro's IGs in Renegades universe. However the filecard allows one to use him anyway way they wish be it in ROC, Renegades, Resolute or any other joe universe. Nothing in his file card gave them much homework to do. One of the things taht made 80s ARAH so cool, you didnt need a background or a story for every single character. They just did thier thing every episode and you did not need 400 episodes to explain every intrictate detail for every character. The file cards were awseome for that as it gave just enough info for the character but also left room for ones imagination, most of which is lost in todays re-imaging and scrapping at the bottom of the "easter" egg barrell.

Trooper13
01-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Scrap Iron and Mr. McCullen seemed like long time buddies.I didn't know they were they were that close.I hope Scrap Iron makes another appearance soon. Baroness little conservation with Destro was hilarious.

I too, really enjoyed that Scrap Iron seemed to be a friend and employee to McCullen. I really liked them both. Very dark, and sinister villians, but also very human. Renegades Baroness is perfect. I adore her.

The upcoming rodeo Zartan and 'Noks have me hooked till next weeks episode.

I only saw the two second clip. They are at a rodeo? See, that's what I mean by context. If these clothes aren't their "typical" look, and they are dressed that way for a mission, or specific reason then it could make sense. I didn't want to jump to conclusions. This show has yet to let me down. This team is really on fire.

carion
01-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Its stated as "It is believed" he is a product designer for Destro, as in they are not really sure, you can look at that either way. They just choose to expand on that and add it in thier own few that he is part of Mars and Destro's IGs in Renegades universe. However the filecard allows one to use him anyway way they wish be it in ROC, Renegades, Resolute or any other joe universe. Nothing in his file card gave them much homework to do. One of the things taht made 80s ARAH so cool, you didnt need a background or a story for every single character. They just did thier thing every episode and you did not need 400 episodes to explain every intrictate detail for every character. The file cards were awseome for that as it gave just enough info for the character but also left room for ones imagination, most of which is lost in todays re-imaging and scrapping at the bottom of the "easter" egg barrell.

What I meant when I said that they did some homework was that they actually read the characters bio's/filecards and are trying to incorperate as much of the original characters into the new version, instead of just taking a characters name and making something up with no thought of the original character.

Black Swan
01-07-2011, 08:13 PM
I too, really enjoyed that Scrap Iron seemed to be a friend and employee to McCullen. I really liked them both. Very dark, and sinister villians, but also very human. Renegades Baroness is perfect. I adore her.

For show on the HUB, the themes have been pretty dark than your average show but it just keeps getting better and better. Yup the villain characterizations have great and sometimes have me rooting fro them over the Joes.The Baroness is just spot on.

I never had a Scrap Iron back in the day and I am not as familiar with the character other than he works for Destro weapons experts. Interesting how the writers explain the damage to his face .

rfarrell22
01-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Not a fan of the series so far. Liked the Major Bludd episode. This one was a WINNER though. Loved the hiss drone cameo. had to rewind the dvr and put it in slow-mo to confirm that's what it was. That helicopter will be an awesome toy. hopefully we get to see it. For the first time, i'm excited for the next episode.

Barefoot Jedi
01-07-2011, 08:56 PM

It seems very obvious to me that many creators of this show have a love of the GIJOE property.

There've been so many nods to original ARAH and the fans.

Killing re-invented Ripcord?

This is like reading a novel and not being able to put it down for me.

I'm going to get back into carded collecting. I like the show that much. I didn't expect to like it THIS much...really I didn't.

Barefoot Jedi
01-07-2011, 08:58 PM
For show on the HUB, the themes have been pretty dark than your average show but it just keeps getting better and better. Yup the villain characterizations have great and sometimes have me rooting fro them over the Joes.The Baroness is just spot on.

I never had a Scrap Iron back in the day and I am not as familiar with the character other than he works for Destro weapons experts. Interesting how the writers explain the damage to his face .

This Baroness is as right as ROC's Baroness was wrong.

RenHoek
01-07-2011, 09:05 PM
I'm kicking myself for missing the Episode 9 promo. Anyone have a video of it on Youtube?

Shimaneboy
01-07-2011, 10:07 PM
This show just keeps getting better and better. Today's show was fabulous. Can't wait for next week!!!

kennywr22
01-07-2011, 10:21 PM
So I thought I'd write my review after watching it just a bit ago. Wow! Just wow. Destro was spot on. Loved how scrap iron was done. Doc and Steeler, great!! Writing was so well done. Iron grenadiers mentioned. What more can I say.oh and I'm digging zartans look.lol.

Tom-1
01-07-2011, 10:48 PM
This Baroness is as right as ROC's Baroness was wrong.

Couldn't agree more! In fact, I think she's the best version of the Baroness we've had, period. The Sunbow version was a highly obnoxious character who relied more on Destro to make her relevant than anything else. Like that horrible episode with the seashell that controlled the minds of men... she had a chance to rule the world, but of course as a "woman" she had to fawn over Destro and get jealous of all the female Cobras around him.

This one is extremely self-reliant and interested in McCullen, but not defined by it (yet).

Tom

Saboteur
01-07-2011, 10:53 PM
The most redeeming trait of the Sunbow Baroness was the actor's voice work. Morgan somethingoranother?

The "D" 's were pronounced with a thick tone. Destro Darling..

Gatchaman
01-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Another good episode. I didn't think it was one of the better ones but I certainly didn't dislike it. I thought some of the animation in some parts was bad or at least not up to what we have seen lately. All in all a solid episode with great cameos and I loved Destro so far. Can’t wait for next week with Zartan and the gang. The show always ends with me wanting more….and that’s a good thing.

D00MTR0N
01-07-2011, 10:55 PM
is this episode up on youtube yet?

carion
01-07-2011, 10:58 PM
I am likeing this show a lot more than I expected to. I love the way Cobra is a world power without anyone knowing whats going on behind the curtain.

I hope that the show does evolve into something more than just the Fugitive theme. It would be nice to see General Hawk actualy form the GI Joe team and go after Cobra.

Tom-1
01-07-2011, 11:12 PM
I am likeing this show a lot more than I expected to. I love the way Cobra is a world power without anyone knowing whats going on behind the curtain.

I think it suits the times. In the 80s, the murder of the Israelis at the Olympics in Germany, the Sybionese Liberation Front, and other terrorist activities were going on that were far enough away to be used as 'scary bad guys'.

Nowadays people are afraid of the "New World Order" or cultish corporate machinations for global power... thus, Cobra is a seemingly benign company that provides for everyones needs but has a secret agenda to take over the world... of which many of it's employees appear to be complicit (the shipping manager who delivers Breaker's bomb to the Joes, the ASP kidnappers, etc)

Tom

CrimsonGuard101
01-08-2011, 12:05 AM
I think it suits the times. In the 80s, the murder of the Israelis at the Olympics in Germany, the Sybionese Liberation Front, and other terrorist activities were going on that were far enough away to be used as 'scary bad guys'.

Tom

Errr..I dunno about all of that...more people were pre-occupied with mutually assured destruction and global thermo-nuclear war between the US and USSR more then trivial terrorist hot spots during the 80s. Eveything eslse was peanuts next to that doomed era that some how came to pass....without the extinction of the human race...

Troynos
01-08-2011, 12:33 AM
is this episode up on youtube yet?

Usually it goes up on Saturdays.

You know if you subscribe to the gijoerenegades page on YouTube you can get an e-mail announcement when new videos get uploaded. That way you don't need to keep asking on the site. :)

Tom-1
01-08-2011, 12:36 AM
Errr..I dunno about all of that...more people were pre-occupied with mutually assured destruction and global thermo-nuclear war between the US and USSR more then trivial terrorist hot spots during the 80s. Eveything eslse was peanuts next to that doomed era that some how came to pass....without the extinction of the human race...

Think of it like this.

1980s:

Real threat: Nuclear war between US/USSR
Dramatic threat: Terrorism.

What can't go on TV because it will scare audience: Nuclear war between US/USSR
What can: Terrorism.

2000s:

Real threat: Terrorism.
Dramatic threat: NWO

What can't go on TV because it will scare audience: Terrorism.
What can: NWO

Tom

General Hawk
01-08-2011, 01:39 AM
This episode was a lot of fun.

I'll be honest, I didn't think it was quite as good as Homecoming, but those 2-parters always bring it up a notch. I loved all of the cameos, I loved the adult nature of the story, and heck, I didn't even mind the mechs.

Loved that the chain gun in the MARS training session fired real bullets, too! :D

Also confirmed via the credits at the end of the show that Clancy Brown does indeed play Destro. I know everyone assumed that, but I'm not sure it was ever actually verified anywhere.

Another great Friday night!

I hope to have the episode review and such up by tomorrow night, considering I didn't get a chance to watch the show until the 11:30 repeat.

Zefram
01-08-2011, 01:51 AM
2000s:

Real threat: Terrorism.
Dramatic threat: NWO

What can't go on TV because it will scare audience: Terrorism.
What can: NWO

Tom

The only people afraid of a NWO are some of the most extreme crackpots of the Tea Party who don't even like the idea of a Federal Government.

What the Renegades creators are tapping into is a fear and mistrust of mega-corporations. Enron probably ruined just as many lives as any terrorist organization, they just did it without a body count (unless you count the suicides related to losing ones life savings). What really goes on in those places when they make everyone sign non-disclosure agreements? While everybody is looking at the Masons, there's one guy who could theoretically shut down the entire internet, and Google who has gigabytes of information on every single person here.

Now imagine if someone with that kind of information and power had guns and hired killers and blob monsters?

Tom-1
01-08-2011, 02:11 AM
Hey zef - I just took my ambien so if I come off as rude or spelling wrong I'm just a little disoreint, not being that a onpurpose.

the NWO fears come in alot of shapesw and colors - world government combining or global corporations taking over for governmnetn and such.This is oone I meant because it's Cobras format more or less.

I completely agree with your secon paragraph, And it's my fault for not being clear with my NWO term... but I meant the corporate side of the NwO, where walmart is going to run your electricity and deliver your baby but not before puttng an rfid gps chip under its skin

I gotta sleep man I'm soory that if this sucked

Adamantite
01-08-2011, 02:13 AM
Usually it goes up on Saturdays.

You know if you subscribe to the gijoerenegades page on YouTube you can get an e-mail announcement when new videos get uploaded. That way you don't need to keep asking on the site. :)

It's up on torrent already though.

Zefram
01-08-2011, 02:18 AM
Hey zef - I just took my ambien so if I come off as rude or spelling wrong I'm just a little disoreint, not being that a onpurpose.

the NWO fears come in alot of shapesw and colors - world government combining or global corporations taking over for governmnetn and such.This is oone I meant because it's Cobras format more or less.

I completely agree with your secon paragraph, And it's my fault for not being clear with my NWO term... but I meant the corporate side of the NwO, where walmart is going to run your electricity and deliver your baby but not before puttng an rfid gps chip under its skin

I gotta sleep man I'm soory that if this sucked

Fair enough.

If the series goes on as long as Hasbro plans then the writers will have plenty of time to work in a lot of themes from a lot of angles. Even I can't believe they had an ep that centered around homeless vets.

Not quite sure how I feel about the solution though. I know Rob Halford is epic, but I don't know if his wail can cure sonically induced mental instability. >_>;

Now Freddie Mercury on the other hand...

RenHoek
01-08-2011, 03:04 AM
Not quite sure how I feel about the solution though. I know Rob Halford is epic, but I don't know if his wail can cure sonically induced mental instability. >_>;

Now Freddie Mercury on the other hand...

Freddie Mercury's voice can cure everything except AIDS.

... was that in bad taste?

MFJayman
01-08-2011, 03:37 AM
I too, really enjoyed that Scrap Iron seemed to be a friend and employee to McCullen. I really liked them both. Very dark, and sinister villians, but also very human.

How about, after Scrap Iron's face was damaged in the chopper, when McCullen told him, "You will be avenged". Friends or not, Destro looks out for his employees.

Wow, Steeler. Did not see that coming. I am consistently being surprised by this show. Did not expect the Destro reveal yet. Was not really expecting to see him debuted pre-mask. Glad he was.

I like how they are bringing in the secondary characters. Folks indebted and ingratiated to the Joes, who will rally to their aide, perhaps unexpectedly, when the big show down with Cobra occurs (perhaps the season finale).

MFJayman
01-08-2011, 03:55 AM

So this is Baroness' weakness. Weak in the knees for Destro. That was great.

Loved how the flirtation was also interspersed with a professional tension, the Cobra vs MARS rivalry. Baroness mentions the possibility of Cobra buying out MARS, Destro's family pride kicks in, and when Baroness tries to backtrack, Destro "hangs up" (or clicks off) on her mid sentence.

Nice.

Adamantite
01-08-2011, 04:39 AM
All the new characters introduced were handled well, IMO. There's obviously a lot yet to see of all of them. I do find it curious that they decided to go with scrap iron's scarring vs mj bludd's eye. Seems much too similar.

I miss Destro's accent. Other than that, we're still on a roll.

Zablorg
01-08-2011, 05:35 AM
This episode kind of dissapointed me, (particularly the whole music silliness), but I guess I've been spoiled by the detailed story-telling of the more frequent two-parter episodes. Unfortunately it doesn't look like there will be many (if any) more this season.

MFJayman
01-08-2011, 01:16 PM
This episode kind of dissapointed me, (particularly the whole music silliness), but I guess I've been spoiled by the detailed story-telling of the more frequent two-parter episodes. Unfortunately it doesn't look like there will be many (if any) more this season.

The whole music thing kinda bugged me as well. RB being into "heavy metal" is kinda weird. Especially crappy heavy metal.

I'm also praying for more 2-parters. I'm guessing that the season finale will be one, and a back-to-back one at that.

Jay West
01-08-2011, 01:24 PM
I like the small touches like the Baroness referring to CC as Mr DeCobray to Destro. Destro isn't a part of Cobra yet and should not know that CC exists (even though knowing Destro he probably does). That would be an easy thing to look over, but the writers are sharp on this series whether you like what they are doing or not you can't deny the writers know what they are doing.

MFJayman
01-08-2011, 02:20 PM
I like the small touches like the Baroness referring to CC as Mr DeCobray to Destro. Destro isn't a part of Cobra yet and should not know that CC exists (even though knowing Destro he probably does). That would be an easy thing to look over, but the writers are sharp on this series whether you like what they are doing or not you can't deny the writers know what they are doing.

Sometimes I worry that kids or new fans will miss a lot of the cool little details and references (though I think they can still follow the story just fine). Then I think, as the kids get older and delve even deeper into the Joeverse, they'll look back through these Renegades episodes and have a great time picking out all the little gems that they originally missed. I mean, there are just so many little things in there.