PDA

View Full Version : Worlds Without End Plot Hole

villainsrule
12-31-2010, 02:29 PM
It just kind of occurred to me that the Worlds Without End episodes kind of cancel out the movie and Cobra La. If CC was really sent all along to take over the world so that Cobra La could rise again, why weren't they in these episodes? I mean, the Joes were supposed to have lost "years ago." I know the writers couldn't foresee this but still, it doesn't make much sense looking back.

Shogi
12-31-2010, 02:32 PM
It just kind of occurred to me that the Worlds Without End episodes kind of cancel out the movie and Cobra La. If CC was really sent all along to take over the world so that Cobra La could rise again, why weren't they in these episodes? I mean, the Joes were supposed to have lost "years ago." I know the writers couldn't foresee this but still, it doesn't make much sense looking back.

Different dimension. In this dimension, Cobra La doesn't exsist. This is the dimension where CC is a used car salesman :D

Moses
12-31-2010, 02:33 PM
Fatal fluffies don't make much sense either

If Worlds Without End is in an alternate reality, maybe there was no Cobra La.

I almost also wrote about CC being a used car salesman as well...

kneroh
12-31-2010, 02:37 PM
I have nothing to add to this thread other than a picture of Sam Waterston playing with transformers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/kneroh/waterston_tra.jpg

miragearmor
12-31-2010, 02:40 PM
This is a TV show phenomenon called "RetCon" (retroactive continuity), which explains the differences in storyline, characters, etc.

CVdelgado
12-31-2010, 03:31 PM
ill take worlds without end over cobra la any day.

luigi
12-31-2010, 03:34 PM
or cobra la took over russia and cc got the us

Barefoot Jedi
12-31-2010, 03:36 PM
Did Copperhead ever appear after that episode?

Was he erased from existence by the thing that is not called the McGuffin Device 'cause that's from a later episode but for some reason I can't remember it being called anything but a McGuffin Device?

And did Steeler have a perm???

samantha
12-31-2010, 03:38 PM
Fatal fluffies don't make much sense either

If Worlds Without End is in an alternate reality, maybe there was no Cobra La.

I almost also wrote about CC being a used car salesman as well...

I loved those Fluffies. :)

Barefoot Jedi
12-31-2010, 03:41 PM
I loved those Fluffies. :)

I'd so get a plush one.

And Haggar's blue cat and Princess Allura's mice from Voltron.

I have to talk myself every day out of this:

Talking King Ghidorah Plush - Godzilla Plush (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TYV10112&mode=retail)

He's 20" tall! And gold! And has three heads! And makes that EEEeeeEEE sound when you squeeze him!

samantha
12-31-2010, 04:04 PM
I'd so get a plush one.

And Haggar's blue cat and Princess Allura's mice from Voltron.

I have to talk myself every day out of this:

Talking King Ghidorah Plush - Godzilla Plush (http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TYV10112&mode=retail)

He's 20" tall! And gold! And has three heads! And makes that EEEeeeEEE sound when you squeeze him!

A Plush Fluffy would rock.

Barefoot Jedi
12-31-2010, 04:05 PM

I assume you've seen the spot on custom of one that somebody made a while ago?

Zefram
12-31-2010, 04:11 PM

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I'd buy one. >_>;

Barefoot Jedi
12-31-2010, 04:12 PM
I'm ashamed to admit it, but I'd buy one. >_>;

I'd buy six, and I feel no shame!

See?

YouTube - Jason Donovan - Too many broken hearts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR3pQpqeqSc)

kneroh
12-31-2010, 04:15 PM

See?

YouTube - Jason Donovan - Too many broken hearts (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR3pQpqeqSc)

If Zack Morris and The Leader had a baby with it's "talent" genes removed that baby would be Jason Donovan.

Zefram
12-31-2010, 04:18 PM

See?

I need a shower now.

A shower of razor blades and salt from the tears of a thousand angels.

Barefoot Jedi
12-31-2010, 04:19 PM
If Zack Morris and The Leader had a baby with it's "talent" genes removed that baby would be Jason Donovan.

Despite the fact this is a mixed niche market comment you still win the internet with it.

I've laughed continuously for three minutes.

Trooper13
12-31-2010, 04:20 PM
ill take worlds without end over cobra la any day.

I'm with you.

Zartanman
12-31-2010, 04:29 PM

Was he erased from existence by the thing that is not called the McGuffin Device 'cause that's from a later episode but for some reason I can't remember it being called anything but a McGuffin Device?

It was called the Mater Transmuter. Yes Steeler had a Perm and blonde at that. As for Copperhead I'm really not sure.

holyfrog
12-31-2010, 04:30 PM
It is a cartoon. Why are you b!tching about plot holes. You should be b!tching about how no one dies or gets burned by the red and blue lasers.

arthurdent
12-31-2010, 05:59 PM
The answer is simple... Different writers for different storylines... Worlds came before Cobra-la had been concieved of: So there is no crossing over or inclusion. Cobra-la was created for the GI Joe movie, not the series, so it would have no connection to the series. As for steeler disappearing, that also is due to the writers and their storylines.

crock master
12-31-2010, 06:05 PM
too bad you gotta wait untill monday for the conclusion

crock master
12-31-2010, 06:09 PM
It is a cartoon. Why are you b!tching about plot holes. You should be b!tching about how no one dies or gets burned by the red and blue lasers.

if you keep your eyes peeled you will notice there are plenty of times during the 2 seasons where some cobra troops dont escape exploding vehicles.
leave it up to your imagination.
actually during the arah premier episode, the first scene when scarlett buzzed dukes head with the sky striker. right after that all hell breaks loose when cobra attacks. you will notice the people that dont escape these attacks

joedelta
12-31-2010, 07:19 PM
im guessing that world didnt have ROC?

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
12-31-2010, 07:43 PM

You know oddly this post makes me think there's a good little fanfic somewhere in that...granted people have done a World's fanfic before, but I don't think one where Cobra-La is involved.

Think about it....Cobra Commander was sent into our world to raise an army and conquer mankind...(obviously Cobra-La even in the regular cartoon universe didn't have the numbers to wage war against the entire globe hench the spores) basically Cobra Commander being his usual self screws Cobra-La and takes over for himself.

Where does that leave Cobra-La? For that matter where does it leave the Joes that stayed behind with the Baroness?

Maybe Cobra-La and the Joes are so desperate they team up? It could happen, betrayed by one of their own Cobra-La begins to work with the Joes and The Baroness and see maybe, just maybe Humans aren't the enemy, or at least they are the enemy of their enemy....

Hmm I kinda like that idea a new Joe Team lead by the Baroness with mixed Joes and Cobra-La...call me crazy but that has some potential, I'd buy an Elseworlds style comic based on that.

speedocub
12-31-2010, 07:47 PM

Copperhead shows up in the DIC series as the commander of the short lived Python Patrol.

Bombardier
12-31-2010, 07:52 PM
I like to think that after conquering GI Joe, Cobra Commander turned the entire arsenal at his disposal on the Himilayan layer of Cobra La. As an act of misguided revenge over his disfigurement.

Then he shagged Lady Jaye.

speedocub
12-31-2010, 07:53 PM

...twice.

Bombardier
12-31-2010, 07:58 PM
Out of curiosity, I looked up Copperhead. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copperhead_(G.I._Joe)

The article says Worlds without End was his last appearance. No mention of his Python Patrol toon appearance. Who knows how to edit Wiki?

kneroh
12-31-2010, 08:15 PM
Did anyone notice that in that one episode where an alien ship appears and the Joes and Cobra's go back in time THAT AN ALIEN SHIP APPEARED AND THE JOES AND COBRAS WENT BACK IN TIME!!!!!

arthurdent
12-31-2010, 08:18 PM
I like to think that after conquering GI Joe, Cobra Commander turned the entire arsenal at his disposal on the Himilayan layer of Cobra La. As an act of misguided revenge over his disfigurement.

Just lady jaye?

Shogi
12-31-2010, 08:19 PM
Did anyone notice that in that one episode where an alien ship appears and the Joes and Cobra's go back in time THAT AN ALIEN SHIP APPEARED AND THE JOES AND COBRAS WENT BACK IN TIME!!!!!

:D I just re-screencapped that episode this morning

Shogi
12-31-2010, 08:20 PM
Out of curiosity, I looked up Copperhead. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copperhead_(G.I._Joe)

The article says Worlds without End was his last appearance. No mention of his Python Patrol toon appearance. Who knows how to edit Wiki?

Maybe they don't reconize the DiC cartoons as GI Joe? ")

kneroh
12-31-2010, 08:23 PM
:D I just re-screencapped that episode this morning

Thank the maker! I need a crisp digital copy of this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/kneroh/Capture_119.gif
(I totally stole this from you)

Shogi
12-31-2010, 08:27 PM

That's what it's there for

Thanx for not hotlinking

I don't know if I got that actual shot again, but I'll make sure you get one :)

speedocub
12-31-2010, 08:36 PM
Out of curiosity, I looked up Copperhead. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copperhead_(G.I._Joe (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copperhead_%28G.I._Joe))

Some hardcore fans don't recognize the DIC series...and beyond the 5 part series opener I can see why.

kneroh
12-31-2010, 08:38 PM
That's what it's there for

Thanx for not hotlinking

I don't know if I got that actual shot again, but I'll make sure you get one :)

You're the best in the business Shogi!

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
12-31-2010, 08:55 PM
Some hardcore fans don't recognize the DIC series...and beyond the 5 part series opener I can see why.

If memory serves wasn't there one episode where I THINK Ambush was in drag as a nurse?

speedocub
12-31-2010, 09:01 PM
If memory serves wasn't there one episode where I THINK Ambush was in drag as a nurse?

I wish I had a dime for as many times as Hawk fell on his face...and Ambush was always jumping on people. Good times.

jcast
12-31-2010, 09:52 PM
I have nothing to add to this thread other than a picture of Sam Waterston playing with transformers.

http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu251/jcast23/waterston_tra_Invalid_arguments.jpg

JoeMama
12-31-2010, 09:53 PM

I think Cobra La was all a bad dream Roadblock had after making some nuclear chili.
Worlds without end is my single favorite story arc in the Sunbow continuum.

holyfrog
12-31-2010, 11:56 PM

But he's a snake.

holyfrog
12-31-2010, 11:59 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/kneroh/Capture_119.gif

Hey! I think that guy touched me there. Go to your happy place. GO TO YOUR HAPPY PLACE!

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
01-01-2011, 12:12 AM
But he's a snake.

Yessss but he wassss onccccce a man!

Smokebomb
01-01-2011, 06:52 AM
I'm more concerned that Cobra had a base inside of a tree...

helrod
01-01-2011, 07:07 AM
timey wimey

T J Bang
01-01-2011, 07:21 AM
Jason Donavan! Wow im ashamed to say he is a fellow Aussie lol Here is a doozy of a question, if Destro is wearing a mask how come his lips move!