PDA

View Full Version : List of Characters & Easter Eggs of "Renegades"

Freedom
12-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Just putting together a list of all the characters and Easter eggs we've had in "G.I.Joe: Renegades."

Characters

'82
Scarlett - Lt. O'Harra - Ep.1
Snake-Eyes - Ep.1
Hawk - General Abernathy - Ep.1
Breaker - Alvin Kibby/Coyotee/Breaker - Ep.3
Stalker - Stalker 1 - Ep.7
Steeler - Ralph Pulaski - Ep.8

'83
Tripwire - Pvt. Skoog - Ep.7
Doc - Dr.Greer - Ep.8
Cobra Commander - Adam DeCobray - Ep.1
Major Bludd - Ep.3
Destro/James McCullen - Ep.8
Snow Job - Ep.15 "Whiteout"
Wild Bill - Ep.15 "Knockoffs"
Cover Girl - Courtney Kreiger - Appeared as a model in a poster, and Shipwreck named his boat after her. - Ep.16 "Shipwrecked"

'84
Duke - Sgt. Houser - Ep.1
Roadblock - Cpl. Hinton - Ep.1
Baroness - Ep.1
Storm Shadow - Ep.4
Scrap-Iron - Ep.8
Zartan - Ep.9
Buzzer - Ep.9
Torch - Ep.9
Ripper - Ep.9
Firefly - Ep.12 "Fire Fight"

'85
Flint - Lt. Fairborne - Ep.1
Lady Jaye - Sgt. Burnett - Ep.1
Barbecue - Fireman Kelly - Ep.12 "Fire Fight"
Tomax & Xamot - Ep.13 "Brothers of Light"
Crimson Guard - Ep.13 "Brothers of Light"
Timber - Ep.15 "Whiteout"
Frostbite - Ep.15 "Whiteout"
Shipwreck - Captain Delgado - Ep.16 "Shipwrecked"

'86
Dr.Mindbender - Brian Bender - Ep.1
Vipers - Cobra Security - Ep.1
Monkeywrench - Ep.9
Serpentor - Ep.11
BATs - EP.17 "Castle Destro"

'87
Tunnel Rat - PFC Lee - Ep.1
Jinx - Kimi Arashikage - Ep.4
Falcon - Vince (Duke's Brother) - Ep.6
Law & Order - Ep.10
Road Pig - EP.9
Techno-Viper - Ep.16 "Shipwrecked"

'88
Iron Grenadiers - Ep.11

'09
Ripcord - Ep.1
Heavy Duty (only mentioned - Roadblock's cousin Hershel) Ep.15

Vehicles
'85 - USS Flagg - Ep.16 "Shipwrecked"

Easter Eggs

Voice Actors
1) Hard Master - voiced by Keone Young, voice of Sunbow Storm Shadow
2) Max Houser (Duke's father) - voiced by Michael Bell, voice of Sunbow Duke
3) Connie Houser (Duke's mother) - voiced by B.J. Ward, voice of Sunbow Scarlett
4) Cobra Commander/Adam DeCobray - voiced by Charlie Adler who also voiced Cobra Commander, as well as other characters, in "G.I.Joe: Resolute".

Notable Non-Joe Related Voices
1) Lee Majors (Six-Million Dollar Man/The Fall Guy) - voice of General Abernathy
2) Jonny Messner (Tears of the Sun) - voice of Flint
3) Clancy Brown (The Shawshank Redemption/Starship Troopers) - voice of James McCullen/Destro
4) Jerry O'Connell (Sliders/Crossing Jordan) - voice of Barbecue
5) Fred Willard (Spinal Tap/Everybody Loves Raymond) - voice of The Mayor ("Fire Fight")
6) Peter MacNicol (Ghostbusters II/Ally McBeal) - voice of Firefly
7) Brian Bloom (The A-Team) - voice of Zartan

Designs
1) The logo on Duke's football helmet looks similar to the "Rise of Cobra" G.I.Joe logo.
2) A vehicle that looks similar to the canceled HISS Drone appeared in Episode 8.

Names/Words/Phrases
1) Duke's father was also named "Max" in the Devils' Due "G.I.Joe: America's Elite" series.
2) "And Knowing Is Half The Battle" - Slogan for Cobra Industries - It was also the tag line of the Sunbow PSA's.
3) ASP is the name of Cobra's parcel delivery service. ASP is also the name of the Cobra towable anti-aircraft weapon from '84.
4) The mascot of the high school Flint attended was the Falcon. Falcon is also a Joe character from '87.
5) Cobra's retail/grocery chain is called "sSs Mart." "Sss" is the sound a snake makes.
6) "Leave or stay, I'm fine either way." - Roadblock rhymes like he did in the Sunbow series.
7) "Arena of Sport" - In "Busted" the prison warden had a fight cage he called the Arena of Sport. In the Sunbow cartoon, Cobra Commander also had a fighting pit he called the Arena of Sport.
8) Dr.Mindbender refered to Scrap-Iron as a "scar-face". Scar-Face was the name of a Cobra Officer in the Marvel series.

Relationships
1) There is a Scarlett/Snake-Eyes partnership as in the Marvel comics.
2) The Baroness is romanticaly interested in Destro as in previous continuities. (It is unclear if Destro feels the same way.)
3) Roadblock and Heavy Duty were cousins in the Spy Troops/Venom vs. Valor animated movies.

Beginnings
1) We're shown how Major Bludd loses his eye. "The Package"
2) We're shown how Scrap-Iron gets his scars. "Rage"
3) We're shown why Destro wears the metal mask. "Enemy of My Enemy"
4) We're shown how Zartan gets his shape changing abilities. "Knockoffs"

Noticeable Differences to the "A Real American Hero" Continuity
1) G.I.Joe is not yet an official military sanctioned special forces unit.
2) Cobra is a corrupt corporation, as opposed to an "evil terrorist organization," who's true intentions have not yet been revealed.
3) Members have/will become part of the team in a different order if at all.
4) Characters are portrayed as younger - early to mid-twenties - some, like Jinx, possibly in their teens.
5) Duke and Flint have a high school rivalry/friendship. The opening credits still lists Flint as being from Wichita, KA, but he would have to had at least have moved to Missouri (Assuming to or near St.Louis where Duke is from) to attend high school and compete in the State championship football game.
6) Not just Storm Shadow, but Snake-Eyes is also considered a suspect in the Hard Master's death.
7) Flint is a Lieutenant
8) Scarlett is a Lieutenant
9) Roadblock now has mechanic skills.
10) Duke also has EOD training.
11) Tunnel Rat is also a medic.
12) Lady Jaye is a Sergeant and Hispanic
13) Breaker is a civilian IT tech/conspiracy blogger and English
14) Hawk is older and grizzled, and has an eye-patch and walks with a cane.
15) Ripcord was based on the "Rise of Cobra" Ripcord.
16) Tomax now has the scar instead of Xamot, and they are psychic cult leaders instead of circus acrobats (Marvel) or financial investors (Sunbow).

Correct Episode Order
Eps 1 & 2 "The Decent" - End of Episode 2 - They steal Flint's jeep.
Ep 8 "Rage" - Beginning of Episode 8 - Snake-Eyes ditches Flint's jeep. Takes place in Chicago.
Ep 9 "Dreadnoks Rising" - Flint says the Joes were last spotted in Chicago. Snake-Eyes steals Zartan's bike.
Ep 3 "The Package"
Eps 4 & 5 "Return of The Arashikage"
Ep 10 "Busted"
Ep 11 - "The Enemy of My Enemy"
Ep 12 - "Fire Fight"
Eps 6 & 7 - "Homecoming" - In Episode 6 Duke uses the bike to go see his parents.
Ep 13 - "Brothers of Light"
Ep 14 - "Knockoffs"
Ep 15 - "Whiteout"
Ep 16 - "Shipwrecked"
Ep17 - "Castle Destro"
Ep 18 - "Union of the Snake"
Ep 19 - "The Anaconda Strain"
Ep 20 - "Prodigal"
Ep 21 - "The Anomaly"
Ep 22 - "Cousins"
Ep 23 - "Cutting Edge"
Ep 24 - "Going Underground"
Ep 25 - "Revelations" Pt.1
Ep 26 - "Revelations" Pt.2

The Hub bumped up "Homecoming" for Christmas. Since Storm Shadow shows up in part 2, they also had to bump up the Arashikage 2-parter to introduce him.

"Renegades" Travel Guide
Eps. 1 & 2 "The Decent" - Springfield, MO - Stated as Missouri by Fireman Kelly in "Fire Fight."
Ep.8 "Rage" - Chicago, IL
Ep.9 "Dreadnoks Rising" - Kansas
Ep 3 "The Package" - South West - Judging by the scenery. Possibly Arizona.
Eps. 4 & 5 "Return of The Arashikage" - Snake-Eyes cabin - It was in the High Sierras in the Marvel run, but doesn't mean it is in Renegades. Could be The Rockies?
Ep.10 "Busted" - Unknown
Ep.11 "Enemy of My Enemy" - The barge that exploded was on The Schuylkill River. Which runs through Pennsylvania. Possibly Philidelphia.
Ep.12 "Fire Fight" - The town was Green Ridge. There is a Green Ridge, MO. Missouri fits the general area the Joes are traveling.
Eps. 6 & 7 "Homecoming" - Missouri (probably St. Louis), Washington DC, and in between.
Ep.13 "Brothers of Light" - Unknown - Looks like the US Southwest again.
Ep.14 "Knockoffs" - Grand Junction, CO & Estes Park, CO
Ep.15 "Whiteout" - Canada
Ep.16 "Shipwrecked" - Somewhere on the northeastern US coast & Atlantic Ocean
Ep.17 "Castle Destro" - Scotland

This list was put together just for fun. It's nothing to get in a debate over. The ones where it can be debatable are noted.

If anybody has anything to add, please do.

General Hawk
12-29-2010, 12:59 PM
Duke's father was also named "Max" in the Devils' Due America's Elite series...

Trooper13
12-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Seeing everything together like that really makes you appreciate all the work the team on this is putting in. Nice to see a Joe property done by people who take it seriously.

Professor Skull
12-29-2010, 01:44 PM
The delivery driver and the truck that are used to kidnap Duke's mom and dad have logos that read ASP.

CliffSteele
12-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Where were Zap & Grunt?

Interesting theory about the red tie guys being CGs. I think that could very well play out, and once again, CANNOT wait to see those guys in figure form!

Just putting together a list of all the characters and Easter eggs we've had in "G.I.Joe: Renegades."

Characters

'82
Scarlett - Lt. O'Harra
Snake-Eyes
Hawk - General Abernathy
Breaker - Alvin Kibby/Coyotee/Breaker
Stalker - Stalker 1
Zap - Stalker Team (stretching)
Grunt - Stalker Team (stretching)

'83
Tripwire - Pvt. Skoog
Cobra Commander - Adam DeCobray
Major Bludd
Destro (only mentioned/coming soon)

'84
Duke - Sgt. Houser
Roadblock - Cpl. Hinton
Ripcord (or '09)
Baroness
Scrap-Iron (coming soon)
Zartan (coming soon)
Dreadnoks (coming soon)

'85
Flint - Lt. Fairborne
Lady Jaye - Sgt. Burnette
Crimson Guard - Red Ties - debatable
Snow Serpent - Snowmobile drivers - debatable

'86
Dr.Mindbender - Brian Bender
Vipers - Cobra Security
Lift Ticket - Lady Jaye's pilot (stretching)

'87
Tunnel Rat - PFC Lee
Jinx - Kim
Falcon - Vince (Duke's Brother) - debatable

'09
Ripcord (or '84)

Easter Eggs

Voice Actors
1) Hard Master - voiced by Keone Young, voice of Sunbow Storm Shadow
2) Max Houser (Duke's father) - voiced by Michael Bell, voice of Sunbow Duke
3) Connie Houser (Duke's mother) - voiced by B.J. Ward, voice of Sunbow Scarlett
4) Cobra Commander/Adam DeCobray - voiced by Charlie Adler who also voiced Cobra Commander in "G.I.Joe: Resolute" as well as other characters.

Designs
1) The logo on Duke's football helmet looks similar to the "Rise of Cobra" G.I.Joe logo.

Names/Words/Phrases
1) Duke's father was also named "Max" in the Devils' Due "America's Elite" series.
2) "And Knowing Is Half The Battle" - Slogan for Cobra Industries - It was also the tag line of the Sunbow PSA's.

This list was put together just for fun. It's nothing to get in a debate over. The ones where it can be debatable are noted, and the ones where I'm really stretching are noted.

If anybody has anything to add, please do.

Monkeywrench
12-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Seeing everything together like that really makes you appreciate all the work the team on this is putting in. Nice to see a Joe property done by people who take it seriously.

This^^

Troynos
12-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Zap, Grunt and Lift Ticket are MAJOR stretches.

Speculation like this can be fun, but can easily fall into "seeing things that aren't there".

Too much time spent TRYING to place the characters can lead to forcing one to be there when it isn't.

I'd rather keep the list to those that we're 75% sure on (Stalker and Skoog for example) and not those that we have to stretch and grasp for (Zap, Grunt, Lift Ticket).

Good job putting the list together though Freedom.

Sunbow_Joe84
12-29-2010, 02:01 PM
i would venture to say the security guards are equal to troopers and red ties are officers

JR0d28
12-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Ok the cobra soliders in epi. 1 kinda resembled tele-vipers. As for the commander he cane out in 82 not 83.

Loose Cannon
12-29-2010, 02:09 PM
I just watched episodes 6 and 7 and I wanted to discuss this very thing. Luckily you did it all for us. It's awesome to see them go to such lengths for all the hidden easter eggs. I didn't even know about all the voice cameos. I knew they sounded familiar.

But as cool as it would be, Zap, Grunt, and Lift-Ticket are doubtful at this point. I thought the pilot would be Wild-Bill for sure.

Trooper13
12-29-2010, 02:09 PM
The delivery driver and the truck that are used to kidnap Duke's mom and dad have logos that read ASP.

I thought that was awesome. The ASP was one of my favorite toys as a kid. I loved towing it behind my Stinger. I'd love to see the big Cobra truck get made, and have a hitch. Maybe we'll see an ASP again someday.

Loose Cannon
12-29-2010, 02:15 PM
That would be cool

Freedom
12-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Where were Zap & Grunt?
http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/attach/1/Renegades-009-037_1293553312.jpg
Grunt, Stalker, & Zap
Just stretching to place '82 Joe names on Stalker's other team members. Not official in any way.
Zap, Grunt and Lift Ticket are MAJOR stretches.

Speculation like this can be fun, but can easily fall into "seeing things that aren't there".

Too much time spent TRYING to place the characters can lead to forcing one to be there when it isn't.
Lighten up. I said I was stretching. Have a little fun. ;)

As for the commander he cane out in 82 not 83.
Technically you're correct. Cobra Commander as well as Major Bludd, both had mail-aways in '82, but didn't hit retail until '83. Duke also had a mail-away in '83 but didn't hit retail until '84.

Troynos
12-29-2010, 02:25 PM

lol

The 'problem' though is that when/if Zap and Grunt do make appearances and they don't match up with this appearance the fans will be screaming bloody murder.

No matter how many warnings put on stuff, there are still those that take anything speculation-wise as gospel.

For now I think Stalker/Skoog and Vince would be better under "easter eggs" because all the connection is now is just a name used.

Freedom
12-29-2010, 02:39 PM
The 'problem' though is that when/if Zap and Grunt do make appearances and they don't match up with this appearance the fans will be screaming bloody murder.
If you or any other mod want to pin this and make it "official," I'll be glad to remove Grunt, Zap, and Lift-Ticket.

Troynos
12-29-2010, 02:48 PM
If you or any other mod want to pin this and make it "official," I'll be glad to remove Grunt, Zap, and Lift-Ticket.

lol :)

Razorsaw
12-29-2010, 03:02 PM
This isn't really a nod to previous GI Joe stories, but sSs Mart is an easter egg in that it's a pun on "Sss", or common "snake sounds."

Also, Duke's brother Vinnie is clearly meant to be based on Falcon, isn't he?

Freedom
12-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Also, Duke's brother Vinnie is clearly meant to be based on Falcon, isn't he?
Troynos is the only one who debates it. ;)

RolandofGilead
12-29-2010, 07:11 PM
I was sure that the soldier who ranks out Ripcord after his jump in the first episode was Zap, but who can say?

JR0d28
12-29-2010, 07:24 PM
http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/attach/1/Renegades-009-037_1293553312.jpg
Grunt, Stalker, & Zap
Just stretching to place '82 Joe names on Stalker's other team members. Not official in any way.

Technically you're correct. Cobra Commander as well as Major Bludd, both had mail-aways in '82, but didn't hit retail until '83. Duke also had a mail-away in '83 but didn't hit retail until '84.

Yeah but cobra commander was available in a 3 pk in 82 with trooper/officer in missile set

Freedom
12-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Yeah but cobra commander was available in a 3 pk in 82 with trooper/officer in missile set
And that was a Sears exclusive.
The first time Cobra Commander was made available in a single pack at mass retail was 1983.

OreoBuilder
12-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Great list. Thanks for this. I agree, this should be stickied and updated after every episode.

BTW, why is Vincent debatable? It's obviously a nod to Lt Falcon. Otherwise, they would have called him Bob or Ray or Julius or something...

OB

Troynos
12-30-2010, 09:30 AM
It's not that it's a nod so much to Falcon but a nod to that bit in the Joe movie where Duke's brother was Falcon who is named Vincent.

It's a stretch to say Vince is meant to be Falcon.

I can see the writers saying "naming his brother Vince will be a nice little easter egg for the fans" but it not really having anything to do with Falcon, just the name.

It's just a name thing, not a character thing.

fireflyguy
12-30-2010, 10:01 AM
This s a fun list! It makes me want to burn my DVR'd episodes to a disc and rematch them with more scrutiny at work!

Freedom
12-30-2010, 10:09 AM
BTW, why is Vincent debatable? It's obviously a nod to Lt Falcon. Otherwise, they would have called him Bob or Ray or Julius or something...
I personally don't think it's debatable, but apparently Troynos thinks it is. ;)

Troynos
12-30-2010, 10:17 AM
I think it's more of an easter egg then a character appearance.

RenHoek
12-30-2010, 10:20 AM
I'd say the Security Guards are more like Cobra Troopers. I think Vipers would be a bit more tactical and trained than them.

Freedom
12-30-2010, 10:25 AM
I'd say the Security Guards are more like Cobra Troopers. I think Vipers would be a bit more tactical and trained than them.
I thought so at first as well, but the two driving the truck with Duke's parents were called "Viper Team." They're dressed just like the Cobra Security. If we can make a distinction between them, I'll be glad to note it in the list.

ChaplainAsst
12-30-2010, 10:35 AM
I think the argument isn't that this is Falcon but that, if Renegades is successful for many years, that it COULD be Falcon. Sort of a "wait and see what happens". Max being the father bears no resemblance to the DDP father of Duke, so we have no reason to believe Vincent will become Falcon - but he could.

OreoBuilder
12-30-2010, 11:34 AM
It's not that it's a nod so much to Falcon but a nod to that bit in the Joe movie where Duke's brother was Falcon who is named Vincent.

It's a stretch to say Vince is meant to be Falcon.

I can see the writers saying "naming his brother Vince will be a nice little easter egg for the fans" but it not really having anything to do with Falcon, just the name.

It's just a name thing, not a character thing.

Umm, I think you're over-analyzing. Vincent = Falcon in that they are the same character. There has never been another Falcon named anything else but Vincent. All the clues are there:

- Duke's younger brother
- brown hair
- pissy attitude

Who knows if he will eventually join the military and become a Green Beret and eveything else. In the world of GI Joe Renegades that doesn't make much of a difference. The characters don't have codenames, they have nickmanes. Vincent could be nicknamed Falcon in some future episode without being a Lt.

Look at Breaker, he isn't military communications, he's a geeky blogger, yet we accept him as Alvin ''Breaker'' Kibbey. Maybe it isn't such a stretch to accept Vince as Falcon?

OB

OreoBuilder
12-30-2010, 11:38 AM
QUOTE]I think it's more of an easter egg then a character appearance.[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to be cheeky, but doesn't the title of this thread imply that we're discussing easter eggs related to Renegades? :D

OB

Troynos
12-30-2010, 11:40 AM
I don't mean to be cheeky, but doesn't the title of this thread imply that we're discussing easter eggs related to Renegades? :D

OB

No, it's about characters that have appeared AND easter eggs in the series.

I don't think that Vince/Falcon counts as a character and is more of an easter egg.

Same can be said for "Stalker-1" and Skoog since they aren't the Joe characters YET (if at all).

RolandofGilead
12-30-2010, 11:44 AM

I don't think that Vince/Falcon counts as a character and is more of an easter egg.

Same can be said for "Stalker-1" and Skoog since they aren't the Joe characters YET (if at all).

No, no, no. This is wrong. If a character is named, code name or real name of a known Joe, then that IS the ARAH Joe character. No doubt about it. Stalker is THE Stalker. Skoog IS Tripwire, this is just early in the storyline.

Loose Cannon
12-30-2010, 11:51 AM
What's the difference? "List of characters and easter eggs" is the name of the thread.

Troynos
12-30-2010, 11:54 AM
No, no, no. This is wrong. If a character is named, code name or real name of a known Joe, then that IS the ARAH Joe character. No doubt about it. Stalker is THE Stalker. Skoog IS Tripwire, this is just early in the storyline.

Why? Where's the proof that is going to happen that way?

For the record, I think it is Stalker and it will be Tripwire, and they will join Flint's squad. I just think it's too early to make the declaration that they appeared as they are nothing more then common names at this point.

OreoBuilder
12-30-2010, 11:59 AM

I don't understand your argument, you're saying Vince isn't a character?

In that case, why aren't Stalker and Skoog marked as debatable?

For that matter, Duke, Snake Eyes, Scarlett and the rest shouldn't count either since GI Joe doesn't exist yet.

Not trying to be annoying, just trying to understand your point of view...

OB

RenHoek
12-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Skoog is hardly a common last name.

RolandofGilead
12-30-2010, 12:09 PM

For the record, I think it is Stalker and it will be Tripwire, and they will join Flint's squad. I just think it's too early to make the declaration that they appeared as they are nothing more then common names at this point.

No proof apart from the design of the show (the introduction of GI Joe) and the fact that it would be a waste to give a character an ARAH name and then they NOT turn out to be who we think they are. There's no logic to that. Not to mention that the names are hardly common.

I think what you're thinking of as nods, but no confirmation would apply more to things like that dog who appeared in episode 2 who LOOKED like Junkyard, but that's about it. That was certainly something we can't assume, but it was nice nod.

Freedom
12-30-2010, 12:30 PM
In that case, why aren't Stalker and Skoog marked as debatable?

For that matter, Duke, Snake Eyes, Scarlett and the rest shouldn't count either since GI Joe doesn't exist yet.
Exactly!

@ Troynos - Saying General Abernathy is Hawk, when he hasn't been referred to as "Hawk" yet, is no different than saying Private Skoog is Tripwire. He's just a guy named "Abernathy". Just like the guy that stepped on the mine is just a guy named "Skoog".

The cartoon is about G.I.Joe, so I'm pretty sure any mentions of known Joe File Names or Code Names are intended to be that character. Or else why be there?

Now, if this were another cartoon, say "The Avengers" and you wanted to debate if the helicopter pilot with the Calvary hat and mustache with the Texas accent was Wild Bill or not, I might give that one to you. Since that is not a G.I.Joe cartoon. Even though any Joe fan that saw that knows it was Wild Bill. ;)

Troynos
12-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Actually, for all we know, Abernathy won't ever get the name Hawk. But we know the intent is for the Renegades Abernathy to be the Renegades version of the character we know as Hawk.

To me, the difference between "character" and "easter egg" is the intent of that character in the show.

Vince is not meant to be the Renegades version of Falcon (at least right now), so all he is is a nod/easter egg to the "falcon, who is named Vincent, is duke's brother in the movie" and nothing more. (Besides, he'd be Vince Hauser not Vincent Falcone and so wouldn't technically be Falcon anyways.. :) ). It's something only older fans of the franchise would get.

If Wild Bill ever makes an appearance and references being the chopper pilot next to Lady Jaye then we can say that was his first appearance, but if Wild Bill shows up and there is no connection to Lady Jaye, then that was a no-name in the flashback.

If Skoog shows up as Tripwire later on, then it was his first appearance, but if not then it becomes nothing more then a nod/easter egg to the old fans who would recognize the name Skoog. To all the new fans of the show he's just a guy that used to be in a unit with Duke.

Same with Stalker. If he shows up later on, then it was his first appearance, but if not then it was just a name used for the older fans to go "cool".

Most likely they will end up being the characters (Skoog=Tripwire, Stalker-1 = Stalker) but right now they are nothing more then just names.

The way this show has altered existing characters (Breaker, Jinx), I don't think we can take anything for granted and just have to wait and see what happens.

Bombardier
12-30-2010, 01:11 PM

completely agree

Bombardier
12-30-2010, 01:14 PM

Well, not sure about Tripwire but the end credits list "Lonzo Wilkinson/Stalker"

I'd say that's a helluva lot more than a common name

Monkeywrench
12-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Well, not sure about Tripwire but the end credits list "Lonzo Wilkinson/Stalker"

Nice! I didn't know that

Troynos
12-30-2010, 01:19 PM

Until he shows up as more then a flashback character, it's not.

monkeywrench1988
12-30-2010, 01:19 PM
that was exactly what I thought when I heard Stalker-1 over the radio, plus Skoog was exactly as clumsy as Tripwire in the Sunbow series so I also think that was a set-up for a ptential character later on, or maybe just a nice nod to us old school fans

Bombardier
12-30-2010, 01:23 PM

not sure why you are holding Hawk to a different status than the rest of these known characters.

Monkeywrench
12-30-2010, 01:25 PM

by that logic, does that mean that the hard master isn't the hard master? he only showed up in flashbacks.

Troynos
12-30-2010, 01:28 PM
by that logic, does that mean that the hard master isn't the hard master? he only showed up in flashbacks.

Original hardmaster only showed up in flashbacks too ;)

Totally different and shouldn't be that hard to make the distinction.

At this point in time in the Renegades story there exists a character called Private (?) Skoog. If that character becomes Tripwire we don't know at this point in time. Tripwire may never make an appearance in Renegades continuity and as such then Skoog becomes nothing more then a namedrop.

RolandofGilead
12-30-2010, 01:29 PM
Come on now. Sure some of these are simple nods to the fans and possibly just "name drops." They may not ever become regulars on the show, but that doesn't negate who they are. If Ripcord had said "thanks Zap" when the mustachioed gentleman was screaming at him, then that would have been Zap. If a sailor drops by with the name Hector Delgado, then that's Shipwreck. Name drop of no, there can be no doubt whether he ever showed up again or not.

Troynos
12-30-2010, 01:30 PM
not sure why you are holding Hawk to a different status than the rest of these known characters.

It's usage in the show. Right now Skoog and Stalker-1 are nothing more then people that helped flesh out a flashback. Abernathy is a functioning part of the cast.

Big difference.

They could have just as easily called Skoog and Stalker-1 something different. We don't know if those two characters will ever show up again, and as such they are nothing more then just namedropped right now.

Troynos
12-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Come on now. Sure some of these are simple nods to the fans. They may not ever become regulars on the show, but that doesn't negate who they are. If Ripcord had said "thanks Zap" when the mustachioed gentleman was screaming at him, then that would have been Zap whether he ever showed up again or not.

Just my definition of an "easter egg/nod" and a "character".

In that case Zap would have just been an easter egg/nod and not an actual character.

Monkeywrench
12-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Original hardmaster only showed up in flashbacks too ;)

Totally different and shouldn't be that hard to make the distinction.

At this point in time in the Renegades story there exists a character called Private (?) Skoog. If that character becomes Tripwire we don't know at this point in time. Tripwire may never make an appearance in Renegades continuity and as such then Skoog becomes nothing more then a namedrop.

what would you say if in the credits it says "skoog/tripwire"?

Troynos
12-30-2010, 01:37 PM
what would you say if in the credits it says "skoog/tripwire"?

Namedrop. Still only a flashback character that has no connection to the Renegades universe Joe team as of yet.

Bombardier
12-30-2010, 02:12 PM
It's usage in the show. Right now Skoog and Stalker-1 are nothing more then people that helped flesh out a flashback. Abernathy is a functioning part of the cast.

Big difference.

They could have just as easily called Skoog and Stalker-1 something different. We don't know if those two characters will ever show up again, and as such they are nothing more then just namedropped right now.

Abernathy has been in what...one episode now? Is he really a functioning part of the cast? Falcon has been in 2 episodes.

They could have called Scoog and Stalker something different, but they didn't. They knowingly called them those names. Not only that, but they link Stalker's real name with his code name. And who cares if the characters end up only being in flashbacks. They are still part of the Joes lives, whether it happened long ago or today.

Bombardier
12-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Namedrop. Still only a flashback character that has no connection to the Renegades universe Joe team as of yet.

No connection to the team? I seem to remember some important things happening to Duke, Flint, and Lady Jaye in those flashbacks.

Troynos
12-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Right now Lady Jaye, Flint and Abernathy aren't Joes, or more accurately part of the unit that will become Joe.

For all we know Skoog is dead.

Troynos
12-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Another way of looking at the difference..

We know that the Renegades (and presumably Flint's unit) will end up becoming a unit called G.I. Joe.

AT THIS POINT IN TIME, the only characters that will potentially be in the unit (and are the Renegades versions of their ARAH counterparts) are: Duke, Scarlett, Tunnel Rat, Roadblock, Snake Eyes, Lady Jaye, Flint, Abernathy, Jinx and Breaker.

Anything beyond that are characters that appeared in flashbacks and have no bearing (AS YET) on present activities or future activities and as such are nothing more then names dropped for us older fans to go "ooohh" over.

Monkeywrench
12-30-2010, 02:29 PM

We know that the Renegades (and presumably Flint's unit) will end up becoming a unit called G.I. Joe.

AT THIS POINT IN TIME, the only characters that will potentially be in the unit (and are the Renegades versions of their ARAH counterparts) are: Duke, Scarlett, Tunnel Rat, Roadblock, Snake Eyes, Lady Jaye, Flint, Abernathy, Jinx and Breaker.

Anything beyond that are characters that appeared in flashbacks and have no bearing (AS YET) on present activities or future activities and as such are nothing more then names dropped for us older fans to go "ooohh" over.

If Jinx and hawk are on that list, then skoog and stalker should be on that list

Bombardier
12-30-2010, 02:32 PM

You're assuming an awful lot. There's no way you could know, and not even a hint, that Flint, Jinx, LJ, or Hawk will ever be part of GI Joe. Other than the fact that they were in previous incarnations. but then, so were Falcon, Stalker, and Tripwire.

IMO, Breaker is already a part of the team. Just because he doesn't roll with them, doesnt' mean he's not part of the team.

OreoBuilder
12-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Troynos, I usually agree with 99.8% of your arguments, but here, I think your just splitting hairs. This shouldn't be this difficult, especially if the credits say Stalker/Lonzo Wilkinson. Name drop, easter egg, nod to the fans, in this case they all mean the same thing and trying to put them in different catagories is a little overzealous.

BTW, we don't know what Vince's last name is. It could be Falcone and he could be Duke's half-brother. I know quite a few people from reconstituted families who drop the ''half'' in casual conversation when refering to their siblings. Vince could also be adopted and have kept his last name. Actually, this makes a bit of sense because neither of Duke's parents had brown hair (not conclusive, I'll grant you, but still a clue).

OB

Troynos
12-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Then take 'em off the list. At this point EVERYTHING is an assumption. We don't even know if the current Renegades will end up being the Joe team.

I was figuring the original list was "which arah figures have been represented in the Renegades universe". And IMO that takes Stalker-1, Skoog and Vince from "characters" and puts 'em in "easter eggs".

We could make the arguement that Breaker/Alvin Kibbey is a nod in name only to the ARAH Breaker since they are different characters. But since Breaker is part of the current Renegades team then he would qualify.

Echo7Solo
12-30-2010, 02:38 PM
If Jinx and hawk are on that list, then skoog and stalker should be on that list

ahhh just ignore Troy. He doesn't like Easter Eggs to start with. All he does is takes candy away from the kids and tells them the bunny is fake. :D

We all know Skoog and Stalker should be on the list.

OreoBuilder
12-30-2010, 02:40 PM
You're assuming an awful lot. There's no way you could know, and not even a hint, that Flint, Jinx, LJ, or Hawk will ever be part of GI Joe. Other than the fact that they were in previous incarnations. but then, so were Falcon, Stalker, and Tripwire.

IMO, Breaker is already a part of the team. Just because he doesn't roll with them, doesnt' mean he's not part of the team.

^This. In fact, if we were completely ignorant of Joe lore, we would think that Jinx would join Cobra. She did run off with Storm Shadow and is mad at Snake Eyes for killing the Hard Master.

OB

Monkeywrench
12-30-2010, 02:45 PM
We all know Skoog and Stalker should be on the list.

truth

Troynos
12-30-2010, 02:47 PM
^This. In fact, if we were completely ignorant of Joe lore, we would think that Jinx would join Cobra. She did run off with Storm Shadow and is mad at Snake Eyes for killing the Hard Master.

OB

For all we know she does. This is a new lore afterall. :)

Being a new lore we shouldn't take anything for granted. Just because they are named Skoog or Stalker-1 doesn't mean they will become Tripwire/Stalker (and again, for the record, I do think they will).

I never even once thought the helicopter pilot could be/potenially would be Lift Ticket or Wild Bill or Windmill or Updraft. I just thought he was a helicopter pilot.

Bombardier
12-30-2010, 02:51 PM
For all we know she does. This is a new lore afterall. :)

Being a new lore we shouldn't take anything for granted. Just because they are named Skoog or Stalker-1 doesn't mean they will become Tripwire/Stalker (and again, for the record, I do think they will).

I never even once thought the helicopter pilot could be/potenially would be Lift Ticket or Wild Bill or Windmill or Updraft. I just thought he was a helicopter pilot.

He's not just named stalker-1. he's named Stalker and Lonzo Wilkinson

And just because General is named Abernathy, doesn't mean he'll become General Hawk of GI Joe. By your descriptions, he's just a name drop. Yeah, a name drop with a larger role...but still just as likely being affiliated with GI Joe as Stalker or Tripwire.

Echo7Solo
12-30-2010, 02:52 PM

ok then what do you think was the point of them being there?

Troynos
12-30-2010, 02:58 PM
He's not just named stalker-1. he's named Stalker and Lonzo Wilkinson

And just because General is named Abernathy, doesn't mean he'll become General Hawk of GI Joe. By your descriptions, he's just a name drop. Yeah, a name drop with a larger role...but still just as likely being affiliated with GI Joe as Stalker or Tripwire.

Good point. He might not. Right now he's just General Abernathy.

ok then what do you think was the point of them being there?

Namedrops. Nods to the fans. Kind of like the "Jinx" character in RoC. Nothing official, just something for us to go "neat" over.

I've already said I think they'll end up being part of it all in the end. Just not right now.

Monkeywrench
12-30-2010, 03:01 PM
I've already said I think they'll end up being part of it all in the end. Just not right now.

whats the difference?

Echo7Solo
12-30-2010, 03:06 PM
whats the difference?

thanks... that was my reply to him.

Troynos
12-30-2010, 03:09 PM
whats the difference?

Ones "think" and the other is "know".

My interpretation/hope of how the story goes. Not how it will.

Right now Skoog/Stalker/Vince are atmosphere characters. They had major roles in the flashbacks (Vince not flashback obviously, but just as Duke's brother, makes him an atmosphere character) but not the current stories/plots.

Where Breaker/Abernathy/Jinx have major impact on the current stories/plots and future stories/plots.

To me that's the difference. One is potential, the other is actual.

Monkeywrench
12-30-2010, 03:12 PM

Right now Skoog/Stalker/Vince are atmosphere characters. They had major roles in the flashbacks (Vince not flashback obviously, but just as Duke's brother, makes him an atmosphere character) but not the current stories/plots.

Where Breaker/Abernathy/Jinx have major impact on the current stories/plots and future stories/plots.

I think vince/falcon has had a pretty big part in the story so far. At least as much as hawk if not more.

Bombardier
12-30-2010, 03:13 PM
I think vince/falcon has had a pretty big part in the story so far. At least as much as hawk if not more.

truth

Echo7Solo
12-30-2010, 03:13 PM
yet they shoud still fall as Easter Eggs

Bombardier
12-30-2010, 03:14 PM

well if this is all based on what you think/hope...then make your own damn list. lol

Troynos
12-30-2010, 03:21 PM

Vince still qualifies as an atmosphere character. Someone there to just fill out the story of one of the main characters.

Guess I'm just not able to explain my view properly.

Oh well. Been fun.

I've already said Freedom did a good job with the list. I just don't think a few of them should be listed as characters and should be moved to easter eggs for the time being.

Destro's Son
01-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Michael Bell who was the original cartoons voice of DUKE, plays renegades Dukes father.
B.J. Ward, the original cartoons voice of SCARLETT, plays Duke's mom.
This is in episode six.

If this has already been discussed, disregard. But I couldn't find it on the search.

miscreant
01-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Charlie Adlder was Low-Light, and is now Cobra Commander.

Freedom
01-01-2011, 12:56 PM
That along with other things are being discussed here:
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-renegades-animation-discussion/93327-list-characters-easter-eggs-renegades.html

Headman
01-01-2011, 01:02 PM
How awesome was it that Mr. Yin was revealed to be Peter Weller on Psych?

WVMojo
01-01-2011, 01:07 PM
ssssShop Ssssmart. ssssShop ssssssSMart.

WVMojo
01-01-2011, 01:16 PM

^^^^ This.

Until someone calls him Falcon and he's being a no-talent assclown voiced by Don Johnson (he's not doing anything worthwhile these days), it's just a nod to a preexisting relationship between two characters.

Freedom
01-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Steeler!

Freedom
01-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Steeler!
Doc!
Destro!
Scrap-Iron!
and Roadblock rhymes!

samantha
01-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Good work thus far. Please keep it updated.

Derek2783
01-08-2011, 06:57 PM
I love that Roadblock loves to listen to... rock :)

arashikage storm
01-08-2011, 06:59 PM
The Bearded Vet in the hospital bears a striking resemblance to Clutch......

Troynos
01-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Calling that guy Clutch is a major stretch. At least everyone else is named to make the connection.

We can't just start looking at people in the background and start attaching easter egg status to 'em.

Freedom
01-08-2011, 07:54 PM
The Bearded Vet in the hospital bears a striking resemblance to Clutch......
I think that was supposed to be Clutch as well, but as you see above, unless a character is identified by name or listed in the credits as that character Troynos gets his panties in a bunch ;)

monkeywrench1988
01-08-2011, 08:18 PM
I actually thought it was Rock 'N Roll personally, and the first thing I thought of when the mechs appeared was SNAKE Armor

RenHoek
01-08-2011, 09:00 PM
I don't think that guy with the beard is Clutch. I think Clutch would show up later, working for Flint. Though, I wouldn't be overly surprised if he shows up a second time to help the Joes with Steeler. By then, he would be more then a random background character.

Echo7Solo
01-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Made this thread sticky.

Troynos
01-09-2011, 10:37 AM
I think that was supposed to be Clutch as well, but as you see above, unless a character is identified by name or listed in the credits as that character Troynos gets his panties in a bunch ;)

Who's Truman then? :)

He's a named character and doesn't correspond to any Joes.

Just shows that not every character is going to be an easter egg.

Have to draw the line somewhere or can just start pointing at people in the background and saying "that's so and so", which starts to get ridiculous.

takedown
01-09-2011, 11:33 AM

Yeah, I tried to explain this to a friend who doesnt watch Renegades. He asked, "So which JOES have appeared so far?"
I tried to explain really the only "JOES" are the main cast, everyone else is a homage to by using real names, and not part of the JOE Team. Alvin Kibbey = Breaker has been really the only official behind the scene Joe. Jinx is non-official cobra due to Storm Shadow. (and sooner or later a mech pilot, Ralph Pulaski = Steeler) The rest are just name-droppings for us who read the filecards to go ahhh, ohhhhh, wow and maybe have a recurring role down the road.

Tho it's awkward he has the Hub and I dont.

monkeywrench1988
01-09-2011, 07:38 PM
also Grens were mentioned by Destro in conversation with Scrap Iron, "I Won't Waste Any Of My Grenadiers On This Project" was the exact line IIRC

Echo7Solo
01-09-2011, 07:48 PM

Yeah but I think Troy likes his panties that way.

Freedom
01-15-2011, 12:55 AM
Updated with:
Zartan
Buzzer
Torch
Ripper
Monkeywrench
Road Pig

King Kahn
01-17-2011, 12:06 AM
Made this thread sticky.

eww...what ever gets ya excited i guess. i like this thread and all but I don't like ANY thread that much...lol

did anyone else notice that one of the biker gang looks like hulk hogan?

also in the episode they go to sss smart(the package i think) the guy that worked there that turned them in looked EXACTLY like Ash from Army of Darkness/Evil Dead

RenHoek
01-17-2011, 12:09 AM
also in the episode they go to sss smart(the package i think) the guy that worked there that turned them in looked EXACTLY like Ash from Army of Darkness/Evil Dead

Holy crap, looking back now, he kinda did.

RenHoek
01-29-2011, 10:51 PM
I think it's time to put Law in there.

fabexmax
01-30-2011, 02:39 AM
I think it's time to put Law in there.

LOL, dang ya beat me. My favorites are coming together! The Rawhides! So far we've had Tunnel Rat, Jinx, and now Law and Order! Bring on Big Lob, Chuckles, and Falcon. I also thought that one of the 3 sick GI's in the hospital, on the episode with the priest and coffee, was Shipwreck.

RenHoek
01-30-2011, 03:48 AM
LOL, dang ya beat me. My favorites are coming together! The Rawhides! So far we've had Tunnel Rat, Jinx, and now Law and Order! Bring on Big Lob, Chuckles, and Falcon. I also thought that one of the 3 sick GI's in the hospital, on the episode with the priest and coffee, was Shipwreck.

Well to be fair, Duke's little brother could be Falcon. Also, Shipwreck hasn't shown up yet. I think the Renegades team have said that Shipwreck will show up later, with the show possibly built around him as one of the main characters.

MLos1
02-08-2011, 03:58 AM
If anyone...who was the guy with the grenade that Duke got to in EPISODE 8?

Maybe a little nod to SHORT-FUZE?

-Because he pulled the pin on the grenade thus creating a live grenade IE- UTILIZING A SHORT FUZE

-Was really pissed off- IE: HAVING A SHORT FUZE

These can be seen as references to SHORT-FUZE in some way...

Any suggestions? Comments?

Scroll142
02-08-2011, 04:18 AM
the 'correct order' of the episodes is a nice touch

RenHoek
02-08-2011, 05:00 PM
If anyone...who was the guy with the grenade that Duke got to in EPISODE 8?

Maybe a little nod to SHORT-FUZE?

-Because he pulled the pin on the grenade thus creating a live grenade IE- UTILIZING A SHORT FUZE

-Was really pissed off- IE: HAVING A SHORT FUZE

These can be seen as references to SHORT-FUZE in some way...

Any suggestions? Comments?

So far, the only character whose real name has been changed so far has been Baroness's, and Truman isn't really Short-Fuze's actual name. So I'm guessing he isn't.

Falcone
02-10-2011, 03:51 AM
Charlie Addler did voice work for Sunbow ARAH in addition to Resolute.

r3v3n63
02-10-2011, 04:25 AM
Woooooooow! That is cool, thanks for the info!

KingBiohazerd
02-10-2011, 04:36 AM
Very cool list and some of these episode ill have to re-watch like number7

Rhain
02-12-2011, 12:50 PM
I could be wrong about this, but I really thought "Springfield" was a nod to the end of Resolute.

RenHoek
02-12-2011, 03:54 PM
The end of Resolute was a nod to the original comics.

Rhain
02-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Didn't know :) Regardless, it's interesting to me that the first ep after Resolute takes place where the last ep of Resolute left off. I know they're not related in canon, but it seemed tidy to me that the last time we saw the Joes they were in 'Springfield' and the next time we see them they are [just outside of] Springfield. (Mind you, I could have my chronology messed up, since I'm only just getting back into GI Joe from when I was a kid. I don't actually know when HISS was first released in relation to Renegades.)

Freedom
02-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Springfield was a town inhabited by Cobra and the location of their original HQ before Cobra Island in the Marvel comics. Hama used Springfield because almost every state has a Springfield. It was kind of like "Everytown, USA." The Springfield in "Resolute" isn't necessarily the Springfield of "Renegades" or the Marvel comics.

Sgt Major Haley
02-19-2011, 05:08 PM

You cant even say Jinx will be part of the team...not as long as shes with Tommy and in Japan.

Sgt Major Haley
02-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Updated with:
Zartan
Buzzer
Torch
Ripper
Monkeywrench
Road Pig

the only ones confirmed were Zartan and Buzzer.....granted they were ment to be Torch, Ripper and Road Pig. Also there was the one that looked like Burn Out.

Sgt Major Haley
02-19-2011, 05:25 PM
So far, the only character whose real name has been changed so far has been Baroness's, and Truman isn't really Short-Fuze's actual name. So I'm guessing he isn't.

wrong, Baroness' last name was Cisarovna. DeCobray is just an alias.

Sgt Major Haley
02-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Speaking of the "vets" from "Rage" besides Steeler and Truman I took the bearded one as Clutch, and the other to be Grandslam. Then there was also a black man laying in the bed between the 2 of them, coulda been Alpine.

Monkeywrench
02-19-2011, 06:42 PM
the only ones confirmed were Zartan and Buzzer.....granted they were ment to be Torch, Ripper and Road Pig. Also there was the one that looked like Burn Out.

check the credits bro

RenHoek
02-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Speaking of the "vets" from "Rage" besides Steeler and Truman I took the bearded one as Clutch, and the other to be Grandslam. Then there was also a black man laying in the bed between the 2 of them, coulda been Alpine.

They weren't.

Sgt Major Haley
02-20-2011, 10:15 AM
check the credits bro

If you watch it on the Hub, after the first set of credits they go to the split screen and it makes them too small to read, unless the website shows them better Ill have to take your word for it.

sjames90
02-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Great list! Thanks for taking the time to put it together.

minstrelboy
02-20-2011, 12:03 PM
I have yet to watch any of these episodes, because I'm in Iraq and the internet is sloooww. But I'm looking forward to sitting down and watching them front to back as soon as I'm able. I appreciate the effort it took to get this list together, from one compulsive list maker to another.

KALASH69
02-20-2011, 06:11 PM
Just a heads up. Episode 11, they mention the barge exploded on the Schuylkill River, which is in Pennsylvania, and runs through Philadelphia. You can add that to the location list.

Schuylkill River - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schuylkill_River)

Freedom
02-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Just a heads up. Episode 11, they mention the barge exploded on the Schuylkill River, which is in Pennsylvania, and runs through Philadelphia. You can add that to the location list.

Schuylkill River - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schuylkill_River)
Good call!

monkeywrench1988
03-12-2011, 03:31 PM
I would also add the Crimson Guards and that Tomax And Xamot finished eachother's sentences like in ARAH and felt eachother's pain

Freedom
03-14-2011, 02:51 PM
I would also add the Crimson Guards and that Tomax And Xamot finished eachother's sentences like in ARAH and felt eachother's pain
That's part of who they've always been. That would be like saying Scarlett has red hair.

General Hawk
03-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I had a hard time really coming up with any Easter Eggs for this one. I couldn't really say anything about the Twins, because its just part of their natural characters.

Everything else seemed pretty status quo.

Starfighter
03-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Very cool, through ep. 13, we now have 20 of each faction with 40 total characters listed now.

1. Barbecue - Fireman Kelly - Ep.12 "Fire Fight"
2. Breaker - Alvin Kibby/Coyotee/Breaker - Ep.3
3. Doc - Dr.Greer - Ep.8
4. Duke - Sgt. Houser - Ep.1
5. Falcon - Vince (Duke's Brother) - Ep.6
6. Flint - Lt. Fairborne - Ep.1
7. Hawk - General Abernathy - Ep.1
8. Jinx - Kimi Arashikage - Ep.4
9. Lady Jaye - Sgt. Burnett - Ep.1
10. Law & Order - Ep.10
11. Ripcord (or '09) - Ep.1
12. Ripcord (or '84) - Ep.1
13. Roadblock - Cpl. Hinton - Ep.1
14. Scarlett - Lt. O'Harra - Ep.1
15. Snake-Eyes - Ep.1
16. Snow Job - Ep.15 "Whiteout"
17. Stalker - Stalker 1 - Ep.7
18. Steeler - Ralph Pulaski - Ep.8
19. Tripwire - Pvt. Skoog - Ep.7
20. Tunnel Rat - PFC Lee - Ep.1

1. Baroness - Ep.1
2. Buzzer - Ep.9
3. Cobra Commander - Adam DeCobray - Ep.1
4. Crimson Guard - Ep.13 "Brothers of Light"
5. Destro/James McCullen - Ep.8
6. Dr.Mindbender - Brian Bender - Ep.1
7. Firefly - Ep.12 "Fire Fight"
8. Iron Grenadiers - Ep.11
9. Major Bludd - Ep.3
10. Monkeywrench - Ep.9
11. Ripper - Ep.9
12. Road Pig - EP.9
13. Scrap-Iron - Ep.8
14. Serpentor - Ep.11
15. Storm Shadow - Ep.4
16. Tomax - Ep.13 "Brothers of Light"
17. Torch - Ep.9
18. Vipers - Cobra Security - Ep.1
19. Xamot - Ep.13 "Brothers of Light"
20. Zartan - Ep.9

WildWill
03-19-2011, 02:57 PM
11. Ripcord (or '09) - Ep.1
12. Ripcord (or '84) - Ep.1

Hunh?

Monkeywrench
03-19-2011, 02:59 PM
Wild Bill and Heavy Duty need to be added

Mech-Viper
04-17-2011, 10:20 PM
this might help
G.I. Joe: Renegades - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Joe:_Renegades#Characters)

Captain Carstein
04-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Great stuff and and even better show! Thanks for putting this together!

monkeywrench1988
04-19-2011, 02:29 PM
You forgot Techno_viper and that Cover Girl was mentioned, also for location Atlantic Ocean

Typhis
04-19-2011, 02:55 PM
I've seen every episode,What one was Heavy Duty in??? I don't recall seeing him.

Sgt Major Haley
04-19-2011, 03:00 PM
I've seen every episode,What one was Heavy Duty in??? I don't recall seeing him.

Roadblock mentioned his cousin Hershel, aka Heavy Duty II, Hershel Dalton.

Typhis
04-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Roadblock mentioned his cousin Hershel, aka Heavy Duty II, Hershel Dalton.

OK thanks

monkeywrench1988
04-23-2011, 09:29 PM
from Castle Destro we have B.A.T.'s

monkeywrench1988
05-01-2011, 09:57 PM
now we have Red Star, a mention of the Oktober Guard, and the Trouble Bubble

monkeywrench1988
05-01-2011, 10:00 PM
and a classic nod to Duke using a jetpack

Storm
05-04-2011, 06:58 AM
There was PoC black Hiss Tanks in Castle destro when Duke was flying an Air-ship

07GT500 COBRA
05-04-2011, 07:13 AM

This.

Cool list btw.

monkeywrench1988
05-07-2011, 08:49 PM
we got Airtight today

monkeywrench1988
05-07-2011, 08:53 PM
location for Anaconda Strain was somehwere in Mexico

doubleblast518
05-08-2011, 06:19 PM
we got Airtight today

And Dr. Venom

monkeywrench1988
05-11-2011, 10:39 PM
just realized something else, the name of the last episode is also the title of a Michael Chrichton novel

Bombardier
05-11-2011, 10:42 PM
location for Anaconda Strain was somehwere in Mexico

I don't believe so. I think at the end they were going to fly to Mexico to hide from Cobra.

UMAN
05-11-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm just now seeing this, but I gotta say... great job on compiling all this information. I've had the inclination to do so, but you just saved me a lot of work!

doubleblast518
05-15-2011, 12:39 AM
Victor W. Sikorski ---- Lift-Ticket

and I'm guessing

John Edwards Jones ---- Altitude

Loose Cannon
05-15-2011, 02:46 AM
Wait did they show up in Friday's episode? (I have to wait until it gets posted on YouTube.)

monkeywrench1988
05-15-2011, 05:15 PM
yeah, they were flying gunships for Flint

John_0515
05-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Victor W. Sikorski ---- Lift-Ticket

and I'm guessing

John Edwards Jones ---- Altitude

Jones is a guess. Possibly, but not definitely.

Lift Ticket is a good one. Hopefully they have a few yet unseen favorites coming up.

monkeywrench1988
06-13-2011, 12:04 AM
so are we going to call the thing from ep 21 a Toxo-viper or a Sludge Viper cause I didn't see the credits

SGT Long
11-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Didnt have the time to check this out when I was in the States, I can see now I'll have to hunt it down on DVD.

Adam DeCobray
04-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Thanks for this. Many thanks.

Adam DeCobray
04-25-2013, 07:54 PM
Are tropes valid?

In 'Rage' Roadblock throws a missile, much like Chuckles does in the animated movie.