PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe Renegades Episodes 6 & 7 - Homecoming Parts 1 and Part 2 Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

SilverOptimus
12-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Hub left a message....
"We're airing two new episodes of "G.I. Joe Renegades" today! Tune in at 5 PM ET / 2 PM PT for Homecoming Part 1 and Part 2 only on The Hub!"

Episode 6 and 7 back-to-back!

Happy Holidays Everyone! :)

Zefram
12-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Bah! I'm going to be at my sister's house getting meat-drunk!

I hope they re-air both eps tonight.

the odinson
12-24-2010, 02:37 PM
saw a commercial during the rah x mas episode they ran last night (which was hilarious). it's a double x mas episode running back to back. roadblock is dressed up like santa.

Stygian
12-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Can't wait! Have them setup for DVR and I will watch them probably tomorrow.

Loving the show BTW, if any Hub peeps pop there heads in here from time/time. Each character has a unique life and is an interesting take on a years old brand. Great job Hub team for producing not only a quality show but with some of the best animation I've seen in a 30 min cartoon in ages- thanks in no small part to the excellent cartooning sense of show designer, Clem Sauve I'm sure.

Big IV
12-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Can't wait to catch this in the next couple of days. Overall I'm enjoying the show, although I was not as happy with the ninja two part episode. I wonder if Homecoming will bring me back to when I was really pleased by this show. Maybe they'll go back to S Mart and raid it for guns.

kneroh
12-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Can't wait! I love holiday specials!

And I'm so exited for BJ Ward and Michael Bell as Duke's parents. Epic casting Hub!

Trooper13
12-24-2010, 03:40 PM
This is going to be fun. Can't wait.

Trooper13
12-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Wow, Ten minutes in and it's already legendary. Sack full of ninja! Vinny! RB trying to cover up the technical difficutly, hell the entire video feed! This show just keeps getting better and better. My entire family has already laughed out loud twice.

Shin Densetsu
12-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Discuss

Trooper13
12-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Posted this in the thread in News...

Wow, Ten minutes in and it's already legendary. Sack full of ninja! Vinny! RB trying to cover up the technical difficutly, hell the entire video feed! This show just keeps getting better and better. My entire family has already laughed out loud twice.

RenHoek
12-24-2010, 05:20 PM
My favorite part is when Roadblock, Scarlett, and Tunnel Rat sneak into that building in disguise. :)

dj7000
12-24-2010, 05:22 PM
I am absoultely LOVING this episode. What a nice holiday treat to sit up here and watch this. The real Cobra leaked? WOW. ANd CC is so sinister and manipulative, and not weak. Awesome! Cannot wait to get this on dvd.

dj7000
12-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Road block: HO HO HO? LMAO

Griff
12-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Looks like they are keeping the Duke/Falcon half brother or brother aspect....which i like. dukes little brother was named Vincent (dunno if its hauser or Falcone) but that was Falcons first name on his file Card. hopefully they fast forward soon so falcon can be a joe.

Trooper13
12-24-2010, 05:24 PM
I am absoultely LOVING this episode. What a nice holiday treat to sit up here and watch this. The real Cobra leaked? WOW. ANd CC is so sinister and manipulative, and not weak. Awesome! Cannot wait to get this on dvd.

I agree!!! The entire family is loving it, I'm a sucker for X-mas episodes and this one is not disappointing at all. Snowmobile troopers?!?!? I want one sooooo bad!

skrapps
12-24-2010, 05:27 PM
i just wish tunnel rat gets killed already, hes annoying. and un funny

Trooper13
12-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Greenshirts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skrapps
12-24-2010, 05:30 PM
hmm, did anyone take notice... dukes dad's voice.. sounded a lot like the original Duke from the ARAH cartoons

holy crap...IT IS THE ORIGINAL DUKE... Mr. Hauser is voiced by Michael Bell. the voice of Duke in ARAH series
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0068407/

Trooper13
12-24-2010, 05:32 PM
This show is freakin' awesome...

dj7000
12-24-2010, 05:32 PM
First part...OMG! A MUST SEE EPISODE!

Griff
12-24-2010, 05:33 PM
hmm, did anyone take notice... dukes dad's voice.. sounded a lot like the original Duke from the ARAH cartoons

yah i garnered that as well. :D Old duke voice, Little Brother Falcon.....I like it.

dj7000
12-24-2010, 05:34 PM
I love the Terror drones, and yes, I'm patenting that name here on hisstank,lol

kennywr22
12-24-2010, 05:37 PM
That episode was so full of win!!! Holy shit, this show rules!

kennywr22
12-24-2010, 05:40 PM
The baroness is so badass! I want that figure.

dj7000
12-24-2010, 05:41 PM
I agree!!! The entire family is loving it, I'm a sucker for X-mas episodes and this one is not disappointing at all. Snowmobile troopers?!?!? I want one sooooo bad!

My brother lol'd when duke said he got the rocket launcher from Santa. I really like How they are showing that duke and flint are friendly rivals.

Trooper13
12-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Notice how she corrected herself when she spoke about McCullen?

Trooper13
12-24-2010, 05:42 PM
My brother lol'd when duke said he got the rocket launcher from Santa. I really like How they are showing that duke and flint are friendly rivals.

I love the humor in this show. I like how TR asked about Duke's family. I love CC. I really hope this show takes off with the kids, it deserves it.

Trooper13
12-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Baroness: "Two ninja? That's atleast one too many."

Wow, I LOVE that they are putting humor in there for us.

dj7000
12-24-2010, 05:49 PM
freakin intense! And we see that Storm shadow has no ties to Cobra, well at least none that Baroness is aware of. I kinda like that. And Storm Shadow, so smart finding SE. Just shows how much he's in tune with his nemesis.

dj7000
12-24-2010, 06:00 PM
WOW! What a great hour of Joe action! It might be the coffee, or the fact that Santa's comin tonight but man, I'm hyped up now!

Trooper13
12-24-2010, 06:02 PM
"Stalker1"?!? We just saw Stalker!

errantentertainment
12-24-2010, 06:03 PM
There should be a discussion about how many Star Wars references were used in these episodes.

The entire scene where they were stealing the hard drive was lifted from the Death Star scenes of Han Solo, Luke, and Chewie looking for the princess and the Death Star scene where the stormtrooper break in on 3P0 and R2.

Then there was the scene between Baroness and Cobra Commander that was lifted from the scene in Empire between Darth Vader and Boba Fett. The back of Cobra Commanders mask even resembles the back of Vaders neck piece underneath the helmet flair.

The writers are obviously Star Wars original trilogy fans.

Zartanman
I'm Very Impressed. I Loved it. Very well written, loved Duke's Dads voice too. I like how they are tying everything together so smoothly.

kneroh
yah i garnered that as well. :D Old duke voice, Little Brother Falcon.....I like it.

Page 1 of this thread. Michael Bell was Duke's Dad and BJ Ward (Scarlett from ARAH) was the voice of his mom.

Zartanman
12-24-2010, 06:04 PM
There should be a discussion about how many Star Wars references were used in these episodes.

The entire scene where they were stealing the hard drive was lifted from the Death Star scenes of Han Solo, Luke, and Chewie looking for the princess and the Death Star scene where the stormtrooper break in on 3P0 and R2.

Then there was the scene between Baroness and Cobra Commander that was lifted from the scene in Empire between Darth Vader and Boba Fett. The back of Cobra Commanders mask even resembles the back of Vaders neck piece underneath the helmet flair.

I have no problem with this. Besides in the Original ARAH Cartoons they used Star Wars sound effects ALL The time. Serpentors chariot sounded like a Tie Fighter.

errantentertainment
12-24-2010, 06:05 PM
I have no problem with this. Besides in the Original ARAH Cartoons they used Star Wars sound effects ALL The time. Serpentors chariot sounded like a Tie Fighter.

I thought it was great! I loved every second.
Obviously I'm a SW:OTC fan too, else I wouldn't have noticed. :)

rdblock
12-24-2010, 06:17 PM
i recorded but havent seen them yet. So Stalker is introduced?

homer_sapien
12-24-2010, 06:21 PM

I almost expected RB to use some of Han Solo's lines from Star Wars from when they broke into the detention block to save Leia.

Trooper13
12-24-2010, 06:21 PM
i recorded but havent seen them yet. So Stalker is introduced?

...sort of... It's in a flashback. You'll understand what I mean when you see it. He's never specifically called "Stalker", but that's his teams handle. So it's pretty obvious.

Trooper13
12-24-2010, 06:22 PM
I almost expected RB to use some of Han Solo's lines from Star Wars from when they broke into the detention block to save Leia.

Hahaha, I know. It was awesome.

RenHoek
12-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Holy crap, Stalker! This show just keeps getting more awesome.

kneroh
12-24-2010, 06:23 PM

I thought for sure Tunnel Rat was going to drop "it was a boring conversation anyways."

Trooper13
12-24-2010, 06:25 PM
I will say I'm not too keen on the Baroness' "powersuit". It's weaponry was kind of lame, but this is for kids, so. I love evening gown Baroness, though.

homer_sapien
12-24-2010, 06:26 PM

Yeah, I want the snowmobile and its driver out as an alpha vehicle set asap.

JohnnyAngel77
12-24-2010, 06:27 PM
This show just gets better and better. I really dig the back story on Flint and Duke. I know SE always seems to save the day or escape but still, my boys and I are really enjoying it.

Trooper13
12-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Yeah, I want the snowmobile and its driver out as an alpha vehicle set asap.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next Xmas, atleast. There are so many great designs in this series, the trucks, the troops, the snowmobiles. I can't wait for these toys to hit.

homer_sapien
12-24-2010, 06:37 PM
I thought for sure Tunnel Rat was going to drop "it was a boring conversation anyways."

I was expecting Road Block to use Han's "We're all fine here" line when they were asking what was going on in the control room.

I will say I'm not too keen on the Baroness' "powersuit". It's weaponry was kind of lame, but this is for kids, so. I love evening gown Baroness, though.

I like the gown better too, but I really want a figure of her in the long coat from the premere.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next Xmas, atleast. There are so many great designs in this series, the trucks, the troops, the snowmobiles. I can't wait for these toys to hit.

I think each new episode has added a couple things to my wanted as toys/figures list.

kennywr22
12-24-2010, 06:40 PM
I would say this show keeps getting better, but its been awesome from day one.

Trooper13
12-24-2010, 06:40 PM
I like the gown better too, but I really want a figure of her in the long coat from the premere. I think each new episode has added a couple things to my wanted as toys/figures list.

I agree on both counts. This show is sure firing on all cylinders now. The people designing this show are brilliant.

Trooper13
12-24-2010, 06:44 PM

It has been awesome, but it's like every week they come up with something even cooler. First it was Flint's Jeep, then the Truck, then Bludd's ride and the SSS Market Repaint. Now we got Troopers on freakin' Snowmobiles? How great are the troop builder designs on this show? I like that we've seen a couple of different uniforms for the Cobra troops, too. Seriously, it's like just when you think they can't possibly come up with something cooler...BAM...there it is!

Shin Densetsu
12-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Holy crap, Stalker! This show just keeps getting more awesome.

WHAT? Damn....gonna try and watch it now.

homer_sapien
12-24-2010, 06:53 PM
WHAT? Damn....gonna try and watch it now.

Yeah, it was just a quick bit in a flashback though. I still want him to get some real screen time.

Have to say I'm loving how they're bringing in another character or two each week instead of just dumping everyone in at the start.

M. Aster Karver
12-24-2010, 06:55 PM
I WANT Baroness and Cobra Commander! They would make suck killer fodder (maybe Baroness would remain as-is)

JohnnyAngel77
12-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Agreed.

solid.wii
12-24-2010, 07:08 PM
I missed it at 5pm but it's showing again at 11pm tonight.

JohnnyAngel77
12-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Enjoy it man, it was a good one. Well, two actually.

nightfall
12-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Damn!! Missed it. I was out getting wave 3 GIJOE.

homer_sapien
12-24-2010, 07:22 PM

I watched it at 5 and I'm going to watch it again at 11.

ultramax
12-24-2010, 08:12 PM
the toy line is gonna be off tha HOOk

stalker
MP greenshirts
battle armor baroness
duke greenshirt
snow cobra trooper

im luvin the use of 'green' palette for all the joe costumes / gear

GREAT animated episodic JOE SERIES EVER!

and oh yeah, hi haters

Freedom
12-24-2010, 08:22 PM
BIG props for using the Sunbow Duke and Scarlett as Duke's parents.

We even get more Joes:
Little brother Vince - Falcon
Private Skoog - Tripwire (The soldier Duke saved from the land mine.)
Stalker 1 - Stalker

Very cool.

Steel Brigade
12-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Excellent!! Really liked the writing in this episode, great dialogue, some nicely animated moments & very entertaining...
It was cool to see Stalker, Vincent (Falcon), & hear Michael Bell & BJ Ward's voice as a tribute, also the Baroness' power suit was kick butt!

General Hawk
12-24-2010, 09:44 PM
Taking a little "Santa" break to lavish praise and gush love for this two-parter. Holy crap. Granted, I've really enjoyed the series so far, but this two-parter catapulted it so far into awesome territory. Amazing action, great story telling, an awesome look at Duke's past.

Vincent/Falcon, Stalker, Tripwire, the Sunbow voice actors... hell, even Duke firing REAL BULLETS back in the past.

So much cool stuff that really made these episodes shine.

It almost felt like the earlier episodes were just kind of leading up to this payoff...if they can continue this level of quality throughout the rest of the first season? Holy crap.

This was great. Totally great. It's so awesome to have a cartoon of this level and have it be G.I. Joe based. For so long I've watched all these great action cartoons and while I loved them, I always wondered "Why not Joe?". Well, Joe finally got it, and they are NAILING it.

Gonna be a rough two week wait until "Rage".

RenHoek
12-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Vincent/Falcon, Stalker, Tripwire, the Sunbow voice actors... hell, even Duke firing REAL BULLETS back in the past.

Tripwire? Where was he?

dj7000
12-24-2010, 10:55 PM
Hahaha, I know. It was awesome.

I know, when I saw Rodblack talking to Baroness, I immediately thought Han solo. I love when shows pay subtle little homages like that, especially to shows I liked as a kid. Clone wars did a little thing with Godzilla and it was one of my favorite episodes. These two episodes of Joe were just incredible, so much going on and so well done. amazing!

Abd for me, unless they say stalker, tripwire, etc...they're not there. I know people want them but too much all at once can get to be overkill, besides the mystery as to whether or not it's those characters is always more suspenseful:)

Griff
12-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Tripwire? Where was he?

the guy duke tackled and saved who stepped on a landmine in the flashback was Pvt. Skoog aka tripwire whos real name (and someone had to be seriously loaded to think up this one lol) Tormod S Skoog. And perhaps they may never materialize as those characters but those of us who know.....we know :D

dj7000
12-24-2010, 11:39 PM
IS private scoot in the GIJOE lore? ^^^NEVERMIND

bvance74
12-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Did anyone else notice the Yo Joe sign being held up at the train platform? I'm really digging this show. I was skeptical to start, but I think they're on the right path with this version.

dj7000
12-24-2010, 11:47 PM
My bad, jaye did call him Stalker 1:)

dj7000
12-24-2010, 11:47 PM
Did anyone else notice the Yo Joe sign being held up at the train platform? I'm really digging this show. I was skeptical to start, but I think they're on the right path with this version.

I did:)

Zefram
12-25-2010, 12:13 AM
Saw the repeat. Michael Bell and BJ Ward were such a great tribute. This site really spoils me sometimes, because I just know I would have shat bricks if I'd recognized them without knowing in advance.

Also, and this is something I just can't keep praising them enough on, is how they've managed to steadily progress the story. Yes, once again they lose the proof of their innocence, but now Flint has doubts, and although he's still determined to do his job, and is a bit of a jerk about it at times, he's proven to be a stand-up guy and willing to see justice done, but now is just beginning to question what that exactly is.

Storm Shadow now officially joins Cobra. Baroness almost shat bricks when she saw him in the elevator, but probably thinks she just got the greatest Christmas gift in the world with a super-ninja to go with her pet mad scientist.

And we're only up to episode 7 so far.

Does anyone know if the season is going to be 26 or just 13 eps?

zartanrulez24
12-25-2010, 12:14 AM

I lol'ed when i saw this!

brock Samson
12-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Excellent!! Really liked the writing in this episode, great dialogue, some nicely animated moments & very entertaining...
It was cool to see Stalker, Vincent (Falcon), & hear Michael Bell & BJ Ward's voice as a tribute, also the Baroness' power suit was kick butt!

Just put this on the DVR and as soon as the parents spoke I was like, holy crap, that's the original Duke and Scarlett! Came on here to post it but you were already on top of it. Still pretty cool, made me smile.

Zefram
12-25-2010, 12:21 AM
I also love how in just one scene they gave us the background on Duke and Lady Jaye, and why she's willing to go to bat for him. The creative team are displaying a profound ability to convey a great deal of information without ever making the viewer feel like they're being expositioned to death.

Oh man, and we still got Destro, Zartan, the Dreadnocks, and the Twins left in just this season!

Black Swan
12-25-2010, 01:28 AM
This episode rocked and it was an early Christmas present to have seen it .To have Michael Bell and BJ Ward in it, is an instant classic.The flashback of Duke's background and the cameos was great and it was done well.

I liked the Baroness's field outfit although she reminded me of Psylocke but was hot nonetheless
The baroness is so badass! I want that figure.
Me too!!!
Notice how she corrected herself when she spoke about McCullen?
Yeah. I can't wait till he shows up!!!
Saw the repeat. Michael Bell and BJ Ward were such a great tribute. This site really spoils me sometimes, because I just know I would have shat bricks if I'd recognized them without knowing in advance.

Also, and this is something I just can't keep praising them enough on, is how they've managed to steadily progress the story. Yes, once again they lose the proof of their innocence, but now Flint has doubts, and although he's still determined to do his job, and is a bit of a jerk about it at times, he's proven to be a stand-up guy and willing to see justice done, but now is just beginning to question what that exactly is.

Storm Shadow now officially joins Cobra. Baroness almost shat bricks when she saw him in the elevator, but probably thinks she just got the greatest Christmas gift in the world with a super-ninja to go with her pet mad scientist.

And we're only up to episode 7 so far.

Does anyone know if the season is going to be 26 or just 13 eps?I think the first season is for 26 episode but I could be wrong.
The Joes interactions with each other is why I love this show. The writing team has definitely stepped it in humor and the plotting of the series .
I usually don't like the obligatory Christmas episode in most animated shows but I think it think this one will stand on its own for years to come.

Zablorg
12-25-2010, 01:30 AM
Does anyone know if the season is going to be 26 or just 13 eps?

I think at the comic-con panel they mentioned it going up to episode 26.

I'd be curious to know what ratings this show is getting.

Monkeywrench
12-25-2010, 01:38 AM
These 2 parters were the best episodes by far!!

-The voice actore for Dukes parents was badass! You can recognize them right away and it's a great tribute to Sunbow.

-Great use of flashbacks. I'm really digging the Duke/Flint fued. When I first read the bios, I thought this was going to be dumb but so far I'm digging it. I caught onto the Tripwire refrence right away and thats awesome!! I missed Stalker somehow and never thought about Falcon. I don't like the Falcon brother connection and hope they don't go that route. Can't wait to re watch to see Stalker.

-Ninjas. I liked how they used SS. If they keep using him like this for the rest of the season, I will be happy. Not too much ninja but just enough to keep the kids happy. Baronesses crack was good and I'm really really hoping the SS will get a new cobra uniform now that he has "joined the family".

-Baroness is full of win again. Great voice acting, likeing her outfits and action. She dropped Destro's name! When is he going to show up? I want some Baroness figs

-Flint didn't get owned the whole show and it looks like he may finally be coming around. I can't wait to see him and LJ join the joes.

-Cobra troopers and no bio vipers!

-The joes got there first glimpse of CC. I love Adler as CC.

-I like how there using Breaker.

-I can't wait for the next show.

CliffSteele
12-25-2010, 01:41 AM
I'm excited that we saw the Cobra Security guys in suits again. Gives me hope that we'll see these in figure form! I know I'm not the only one looking forward to that possibility!

Monkeywrench
12-25-2010, 01:42 AM
I'm excited that we saw the Cobra Security guys in suits again. Gives me hope that we'll see these in figure form! I know I'm not the only one looking forward to that possibility!

I agree. I also want

Zefram
12-25-2010, 01:52 AM
I think at the comic-con panel they mentioned it going up to episode 26.

I'd be curious to know what ratings this show is getting.

I as well. I found an article that the Transformers Prime/Renegades block premier did extremely well for the Hub, but I haven't seen anything about Renegades specifically since then.

If it's going to 26, then I'm even more impressed at how briskly they are moving the story forward. I imagine we'll settle a bit into more episodic stories around the middle of the season, and then at the end it'll blow up again and hit us with some big wow-moments.

Night Viper 143
12-25-2010, 02:26 AM
for anyone who missed it, hub is re-running it here in VA at 3pm tomorrow and 1pm I think on Sunday.

I missed ep 6. tonight, I didn't know about the back to back new episodes...

ChaplainAsst
12-25-2010, 06:51 AM
This was a very well done episode, and moving things forward well. Once again, the whole "everyone is connected" theme of the old Marvel comics are coming to play in Renegades, but at least it explains the actions of so many characters. Thought we might get to see Hawk, but alas he seems to be a minor character. Nice to CC again. It is clear we will get a Baroness figure - way too long showing her get suited up. My only real complaint though was not really explaining why SS showed up. That was weak.

RenHoek
12-25-2010, 07:13 AM
My only real complaint though was not really explaining why SS showed up. That was weak.

He's hunting down SE for revenge, remember?

RenHoek
12-25-2010, 07:22 AM
I wonder how Stalker and Tripwire are going to come into play in this, IF they are gonna bring them back.

ChaplainAsst
12-25-2010, 07:27 AM
He's hunting down SE for revenge, remember?

Yeah - I got that. The timing was just nice and convenient, as SE was fighting the Baroness. Still, it moves the SS story along as he begins to work with Cobra.

homer_sapien
12-25-2010, 09:01 AM
It did make sense though. The Baroness went after the train to get the harddrive as soon as it left with the Joes and SS went after the train as soon as it left because he know SE would show up there thanks to Flint's media event about him catching the Joes.

ChaplainAsst
12-25-2010, 09:54 AM
It did make sense though. The Baroness went after the train to get the harddrive as soon as it left with the Joes and SS went after the train as soon as it left because he know SE would show up there thanks to Flint's media event about him catching the Joes.

I meant, at basically the EXACT same time. I at first thought he was already in the employ of Cobra, but of course they would have shown that before.

But don't get me wrong, these were probably the best two episodes yet.

homer_sapien
12-25-2010, 10:12 AM
That's what I meant. Even though they were both there for different reasons they both went after what they were each there for as soon as the train lefti so they should have been there at pretty much the same time.

Freedom
12-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Yeah - I got that. The timing was just nice and convenient, as SE was fighting the Baroness.
The Baroness and Storm Shadow both watch the news.

fightingswords
12-25-2010, 10:50 AM
another thing, the truck the Duke lost when he went to save Lady J was carring MARS crates

Deathsynger
12-25-2010, 10:54 AM
I was waiting for TR to say something about a boring conversation...

Snake Shadow09
12-25-2010, 01:29 PM
hope this is on youtube soon.

the odinson
12-25-2010, 03:38 PM
duke's mom is hot. real hot.

Cobra Terrorist
12-25-2010, 04:40 PM
I thought these last 2 episodes were great! I'm glad we got back to the main storyline.

Is it me or is the animation getting better with each episode (not that I didn't like it before)? Maybe it's because there were more vehicles in these episodes. They also used cool, subtle animation like the CGI snow and the fact they thought enough to animate their breath (since they were out in the cold).

My favorite parts:

-The Baroness and her outfit, complete with forearm blasters.

-The Osprey-looking plane Cobra used. THAT would make a great-looking toy.

-The increased presence of Cobra Commander.

-Stalker!

-The fact that Destro's name was specifically mentioned!

Can't wait until next week! What? TWO weeks? Damn it!

kennywr22
12-25-2010, 06:03 PM
The two week wait for the next episode is gonna be a killer. No preview yet either ...scrap iron is gonna be awesome..

Monkeywrench
12-25-2010, 06:04 PM
The two week wait for the next episode is gonna be a killer. No preview yet either ...scrap iron is gonna be awesome..

this^^

Trooper13
12-25-2010, 07:17 PM

Def. I want to see the Red Ties, The Security Troopers, and did anyone catch the new Cobra troops with the ball caps, and what look like a modern version of the 86 Viper's black tactical vest? Also, Snowmobile Trooper...'nuff said.

Snake Shadow09
12-25-2010, 07:35 PM
can someone give me a rindown what ss did in tis ep. thanks.

kennywr22
12-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Ss appeared late in the second episoe after tracking down se. The Joe's are on a train and se is fighting with baroness when ss appears and attacks se. They fight awhile on the train. Se eventually knocks ss off. Ss appears again at the end in the elevator in cobras building when baroness opens the door. He then proceeds to join cobra to hunt se. Baroness takes him down to an area were mindbender is working and says welcome to the family.

Snake Eyes-Joe Ninja
12-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Someone put these up on youtube. I don't get the Hub. :(

Echo7Solo
12-25-2010, 08:55 PM
I was pretty worried about this one but damn it turned out good. Even my girlfriend was getting into it and it was the first time she watched it.

Trooper13
12-25-2010, 08:58 PM
I was pretty worried about this one but damn it turned out good. Even my girlfriend was getting into it and it was the first time she watched it.

My girl LOVED it, which says alot. She almost spit her cocoa all over the floor when that Red Tie got his Xmas present.

General Hawk
12-25-2010, 09:24 PM
I posted reviews and episode synopsis for Episodes 6 & 7! Plenty of video and a recap of these awesome episodes.

Episode Six – Homecoming (Part 1) | G.I. Joe: Renegades (http://generalsjoes.com/renegades/episode-guide/season-one/episode-six-homecoming-part-1/)

Episode Seven – Homecoming (Part 2) | G.I. Joe: Renegades (http://generalsjoes.com/renegades/episode-guide/season-one/episode-seven-homecoming-part-2/)

Enjoy!

General Hawk
12-25-2010, 09:26 PM

That's funny, I was worried about this one, too. Something about the Cobra Christmas Party, the flashbacks to Duke's past...it just all sounded, I dunno...not very cool.

Boy was I wrong.

Snake Shadow09
12-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Ss appeared late in the second episoe after tracking down se. The Joe's are on a train and se is fighting with baroness when ss appears and attacks se. They fight awhile on the train. Se eventually knocks ss off. Ss appears again at the end in the elevator in cobras building when baroness opens the door. He then proceeds to join cobra to hunt se. Baroness takes him down to an area were mindbender is working and says welcome to the family.

sweet! thanks dude.

ultramax
12-25-2010, 10:22 PM
i hope ss gets a new costume after joining 'cobra' a bad ass costume with a red cobra sigil somewhere

also, i want to see destro!! next episode perhaps? also how many 'dreadnocks' will we see? so many intriguing questions for this SPECTACULAR animated series

cobraaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

kennywr22
12-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Well next episode has scrap iron, then we get zartan and his dreadnoks. No descriptions for 10 and 11 yet. I dont know why but i get the feeling episode 11 titled enemy of my enemy might be destro, but who knows.

MAJOR BLOOD
12-26-2010, 12:52 AM
I didn't want to go through all the pages but was Duke's dad's voice the original Duke from Sunbow? It kind of sounded like it.

Cobra Terrorist
12-26-2010, 01:00 AM
Yep, Mike Bell did the voice, and Duke's Mom was voiced by the original "Scarlett" (I can't remember her name right now...).

Pretty cool! Actually...VERY cool!

MAJOR BLOOD
12-26-2010, 01:03 AM
That's awesome! Thanks a bunch. Scoop was in there too? They are really bringing in some characters.

1982BreakerMOC
12-26-2010, 01:17 AM
Man i have been amazed by renegades.When the previews originally aired telling about the show coming out , i didnt really like it.Seeing as how all the characters look like theyre in thier teens.But after watching every episode im diggin it , a lot actually.I like what weve seen from CC so far.Is the guy that does his voice the same guy from resolute ? They sound similiar. I also like Baroness , not really diggin SS hair stickin out from his mask but its whatever.But yeah really enjoyed the homecoming shows and really look forward to seein the dreadnocks.

John_0515
12-26-2010, 01:35 AM
Best two episodes so far.

They've decided on the core characters, and are working the other characters in to the stories slowly. I like that they are focusing on a few and developing the characters (in their way).

I can't wait to see:

Firefly
Dreadnoks
Beachhead
Zartan
Rock N' Roll

and a few others.

Series started out a little slow and is picking up steam. 26 episodes may not be enough.

Adamantite
12-26-2010, 02:02 AM
That's awesome! Thanks a bunch. Scoop was in there too? They are really bringing in some characters.

I also thought they said Scoop at first but no, it was Private Skoog. That would be Tripwire.

Awesome episodes.

MAJOR BLOOD
12-26-2010, 02:05 AM
I also thought they said Scoop at first but no, it was Private Skoog. That would be Tripwire.

Awesome episodes.

Ooohhhhhh, ok. Thanks. It totally sounded like Scoop.

Zefram
12-26-2010, 02:10 AM
I can't believe how it even made the already decent Arashikage 2-parter even better. Taking the time to set up Storm Shadow made his appearance here a lot stronger.

"Snake Eyes is MINE!!!"

Baroness was not about to argue. Also loved the dreamy little look she got putting on the gloves Destro sent her. Also love how they keep namedropping him and M.A.R.S. They're making him a major presence even before he officially appears. Can't wait to see where they go with this.

Zablorg
12-26-2010, 02:39 AM
Based on his description, I'd guess Destro is going to be implemented as a tragic figure; the mask he wears (and even the name Destro, I'd bet) are symbols of the Commander's dominance over him.

Because of that, I think there's no real limit to the possible depth in Destro and CC's relationship. Based on how strongly the writers have framed the relationship between Duke and Flint, I doubt they'll waste that.

CVdelgado
12-26-2010, 02:58 AM
anyone got some good links to view these?

Snake Shadow09
12-26-2010, 03:53 AM
i hope ss gets a new costume after joining 'cobra' a bad ass costume with a red cobra sigil somewhere

also, i want to see destro!! next episode perhaps? also how many 'dreadnocks' will we see? so many intriguing questions for this SPECTACULAR animated series

cobraaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

that would be awesome but i doubt he will get one so soon!

Snake Shadow09
12-26-2010, 04:35 AM

They've decided on the core characters, and are working the other characters in to the stories slowly. I like that they are focusing on a few and developing the characters (in their way).

I can't wait to see:

Firefly
Dreadnoks
Beachhead
Zartan
Rock N' Roll

and a few others.

Series started out a little slow and is picking up steam. 26 episodes may not be enough.

when do you think we will see beachead and ff?

ecsmith7
12-26-2010, 08:47 AM
Excellent character development! I hope SS gets a new look so long as the cobra sigil isn't on his face. I just don't think he would go for all that flashy VvV design.

Am I the only one who really doesn't like CC's half mask? It looks ridiculous!

Trooper13
12-26-2010, 09:15 AM

I can't wait to see:

Firefly
Dreadnoks
Beachhead
Zartan
Rock N' Roll

and a few others.

I doubt we're gonna see Rock n' Roll. Sucks, because he's my favorite Joe, but they kind of mixed him and Roadblock together. Instead of rhyming, they're trying to break that old stereotype by making RB listen to hard rock. Atleast according to their original description of RB that the HUB released. Since, We've already got a "machine gunner" who listens to hard rock, now. There's not much reason to bring him in.

Echo7Solo
12-26-2010, 09:24 AM
I doubt we're gonna see Rock n' Roll. Sucks, because he's my favorite Joe, but they kind of mixed him and Roadblock together. Instead of rhyming, they're trying to break that old stereotype by making RB listen to hard rock. Atleast according to their original description of RB that the HUB released. Since, We've already got a "machine gunner" who listens to hard rock, now. There's not much reason to bring him in.

Don't forget Rock N Roll was a surfer too. There is still a lot of room for him. With the way they are using the Joe team in this I wouldn't be shocked if they do have him pop up out of the blue.

Unclassified
12-26-2010, 09:31 AM
i'm up to date now, just waiting for these new ones to get on youtube..

homer_sapien
12-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Ooohhhhhh, ok. Thanks. It totally sounded like Scoop.

I thought he said Scoop too.

Trooper13
12-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Don't forget Rock N Roll was a surfer too. There is still a lot of room for him. With the way they are using the Joe team in this I wouldn't be shocked if they do have him pop up out of the blue.

Yeah, I don't think it's going to happen. For the most part, this creative team has gone out of it's way to distance itself from that initial incarnation of ARAH Joe. Which isn't a bad idea, it just sucks for those of us with more connection to those original archetypes, then their replacements. Other then Scarlet they've made sure to either completely retool, or write out any original Joe members.

SE is starting as V2 in terms of looks with a new origin, Stalker appears in a flashback, Rock n' Roll was partially absorbed by RB, and Breaker is now a civilian hacker. There's nothing wrong with that, and I love this take on Joe. However, it seems that they are making a concerted effort to let us know that this is a completely new take.

I'm not trying to crap on this. I love the show, just being realistic. I'd love to see him show up on Flint's team, but I just don't see it happening.

John_0515
12-26-2010, 10:20 AM

He's also a PT instructor.

wouldn't be surprised if they put him in a flashback like they did with Skoog or something like that. We should make a GI JOE Renegades confirmed Joes thread (to include Stalker, Tripwire, etc..).

Trooper13
12-26-2010, 10:27 AM
He's also a PT instructor.

Considering they are on the run, I don't see them doing alot of PT. SE has pretty much taken to given them some training.

wouldn't be surprised if they put him in a flashback like they did with Skoog or something like that. We should make a GI JOE Renegades confirmed Joes thread (to include Stalker, Tripwire, etc..).

That I could see. I think a small glimpse of him might be a nice nod, however, Hasbro lost the rights to his name anyhow. Remember "Benchpress"? I think Rock n' Roll as we knew his is pretty much gone.

John_0515
12-26-2010, 10:28 AM
I think Rock n' Roll as we knew his is pretty much gone.

Sad. He's one of the the cool original Joes.

Trooper13
12-26-2010, 10:43 AM
Sad. He's one of the the cool original Joes.

He's my favorite Joe, no question. It sucks, but I'm not counting on seeing him. Like you said. If there's another flashback, maybe from Hawk, we might see a big blondehaired bearded machine gunner, but I doubt we'll hear him called Rock n' Roll.

Cobra Terrorist
12-26-2010, 11:02 AM
How do you lose the rights to a character with the name "Rock N Roll"? It's such a general American term...Is that term/name something you can even trademark/lose the trademark for?

I understand it for characters with more a specific name (Zartan, Major Bludd, etc.), but it doesn't seem like naming a character "Rock N Roll" should be a problem.

John_0515
12-26-2010, 11:13 AM
How do you lose the rights to a character with the name "Rock N Roll"? It's such a general American term...Is that term/name something you can even trademark/lose the trademark for?

I understand it for characters with more a specific name (Zartan, Major Bludd, etc.), but it doesn't seem like naming a character "Rock N Roll" should be a problem.

Hope you're right. I'd like to see all the original Joes at some point.

I don't see the difference between 'Benchpress' and 'Rock N' Roll'

ZombieSnake
12-26-2010, 11:20 AM
I didn't like the first part of this two parter so much, they just leaned so heavily on the typical high school football rivalry backstory that just slowed the whole episode down for me.

The second part really picked things up though, it was great to see them drop in 2 more potential future Joes in Tripwire and Stalker, who I hope shows up again. I also like the set up near the end of more Cobra agents being brought in, can't wait to see the Deadnoks and Firefly at some point.

I'd have to say that so far the second part of this two parter and the episode with Major Bludd have been my favorites in the series so far.

Trooper13
12-26-2010, 11:23 AM

I don't know all the ins and outs of trademark law. I know that trademarks have expiration dates, also, they need to be defended. So either his trademark ran out and someone dropped the ball, or they just didn't think he mattered enough to bother. Or, when it lapsed, someone else wanted to fight for the rights and they didn't want the hassle.

Oddly enough, They still use Rock n' Roll in the IDW comics, however I believe that the print character falls under copyright? Perhaps their ability to produce, and market the figure requires the trademark?

However, since Renegades is about putting out figures for kids, just like RoC, then if they don't have the ability to produce the figure, he probably won't show. It's that simple. Why advertise for a product you can't sell? Especially when there are TONS of other Joes.

I'd be interested to see what happens if Sideshow wants to do a version of him.

Cobra Terrorist
12-26-2010, 01:03 PM
However, since Renegades is about putting out figures for kids, just like RoC, then if they don't have the ability to produce the figure, he probably won't show. It's that simple. Why advertise for a product you can't sell?

Good point!

nightfall
12-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Just watched all of episode 7 on youtube but couldn't find 6. Any help would be most welcomed.

Moses
12-26-2010, 02:03 PM
The hub just replayed eps 6 and 7, glad they replayed them because I missed them on Friday night.

Monkeywrench
12-26-2010, 04:42 PM
I can't believe how it even made the already decent Arashikage 2-parter even better. Taking the time to set up Storm Shadow made his appearance here a lot stronger.

"Snake Eyes is MINE!!!"

Baroness was not about to argue. Also loved the dreamy little look she got putting on the gloves Destro sent her. Also love how they keep namedropping him and M.A.R.S. They're making him a major presence even before he officially appears. Can't wait to see where they go with this.

I agree. I really like how there setting up Destro

Zefram
12-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I don't think it's going to happen. For the most part, this creative team has gone out of it's way to distance itself from that initial incarnation of ARAH Joe.

You mean like having cameos by Michael Bell and BJ Ward, or sneaking in cameos by almost every classic character under the sun? They may be creating something completely new, but that doesn't mean they aren't acknowledging or respecting the original either. Transformers Animated had more Easter Eggs for older fans than I can count. ; )

They way they're going, I'd almost bet money we see at least a cameo by Mr. Craig McConnel before season's end.

However, since Renegades is about putting out figures for kids, just like RoC, then if they don't have the ability to produce the figure, he probably won't show. It's that simple. Why advertise for a product you can't sell? Especially when there are TONS of other Joes.

Good point!

If that were true then why have an episode devoted to Breaker, and keep mentioning him by name, firmly keeping him a presence in the series? We're not about to get a nerd in civies at his computer, but he's in there.

Trooper13
12-26-2010, 05:06 PM
You mean like having cameos by Michael Bell and BJ Ward, or sneaking in cameos by almost every classic character under the sun? They may be creating something completely new, but that doesn't mean they aren't acknowledging or respecting the original either. Transformers Animated had more Easter Eggs for older fans than I can count. ; )

They way they're going, I'd almost bet money we see at least a cameo by Mr. Craig McConnel before season's end.

Sigh. Really? Having guest voices? I was specifically referring to the OG13 characters of the ARAH franchise. I didn't mention Sunbow, AT ALL. Which, if you actually bothered, once again, to read my post before trying to be a smartassed know it all, you'd know. I'm not downing their choices. I'm just saying that this entire continuity is making bold statements to ensure that we know that this Joe starts with these characters. A cameo by Stalker in a flashback doesn't help tie them together, and I honestly don't think they should. I was merely commenting on the fact that I serious doubt we'd see Rock n' Roll as they've already absorbed a part of his "character" into this teams "machine gunner". Added to that the whole "Benchpress" example, I think, atleast for now, we're not going to be getting Rock n' Roll. You're really something else.

Trooper13
12-26-2010, 05:10 PM
If that were true then why have an episode devoted to Breaker, and keep mentioning him by name, firmly keeping him a presence in the series?

The Joes need a tech guy. Someone to keep them ahead of the game. "Breaker" fills that role. That episode wasn't "devoted" to Breaker, just like it wasn't "devoted" to Major Bludd. It was a plot point that they hit, and a nice nod to a classic namesake, just like the Stalker flashback.

We're not about to get a nerd in civies at his computer, but he's in there.

Maybe not, but I don't think we've seen the last of him. So I wouldn't bet on that.

~Synder Corps.~
12-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Just watched it today (Me and Dare were supposed to watch it Friday. but too much Labatts, Jamesons, and Sky interuppted and we watch a U2 concert instead)

The more I watch, the more I like...

Yeah yeah, I was huge against it, but whateva'...

Tunnel Rat is still my fave, and SE's portrayal is badass. It showed a bit of humanity in him when he bowed to Duke's folks.

The flashbacks were pretty cool, and I'm digging Flint and Lady Jaye.

It also didn't hurt to Have Lonzo in a few flashbacks

Renegades...Yeah, I'm becoming a fan. (Bite me!)

Unclassified
12-26-2010, 05:53 PM
i found ep 6 on youtube, but youtube deleted it wtf...

~Synder Corps.~
12-26-2010, 05:54 PM
I TOTALLY dig Tunnel Rat's character...very reminicent of Resolute TR (Dosen't hurt that it's the same voice?) All his little quips and 2 cents...

THAT is Tunnel Rat.

"Kosher Chinese Restaraunt in Brooklyn"... LMAO

Roadblock, I'm not sold on...he's gotta ditch the mutton chops. They ARE distracting.

Duke is too much "loose cannon" which is odd, cause everyone complains about him being too stodgy, now we're complaining about the opposite.

I think once Flint joins the "fold" they'll balance each other out and grow into who each are. But right now, their good counter points.

Cobra Terrorist
12-26-2010, 05:57 PM
If that were true then why have an episode devoted to Breaker, and keep mentioning him by name, firmly keeping him a presence in the series? We're not about to get a nerd in civies at his computer, but he's in there.

If they make a Breaker figure, I want you to come back here and issue a public apology to me and Trooper13. :)

Unclassified
12-26-2010, 05:59 PM
i wonder if the bio vipers are done with? haven't seen em since, but then again, they are letting the story take place..

Trooper13
12-26-2010, 06:07 PM
i wonder if the bio vipers are done with? haven't seen em since, but then again, they are letting the story take place..

I think we'll see them again. In what capacity, I don't know. Personally, I was creeped out when Baroness brought SS into the basement and said "Welcome to the family." Is he going to get "brainwaived"? Did Cobra actually save Ripcord? Is he the reason for the Bio-Viper's evolution from giant goo monsters, to "goop-troops"? Are they going to do the same to SS? Or was it just alot of creepiness to scare us old timers? It just seems that if she wanted to bring SS "in", she'd have taken him to CC. Or if she wanted to bring him into the hunt without CC's knowledge, she'd have introduced him to Bludd. Curious...

Monkeywrench
12-26-2010, 06:08 PM

I hope there done with them

Zefram
12-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Sigh. Really? Having guest voices? I was specifically referring to the OG13 characters of the ARAH franchise. I didn't mention Sunbow, AT ALL. Which, if you actually bothered, once again, to read my post before trying to be a smartassed know it all, you'd know.

The initial incarnation on TV is the Sunbow cartoon. Don't try to hide behind your own poorly worded post as a defense. If you want people to understand you learn how to form your thoughts in a more coherent manner.

BTW, Hawk, Breaker, Scarlet, SE and Stalker have all appeared in just the first 7 episodes, and I'll bet real money we see at least a glimpse of others before the end of the season, so your original argument is still invalid.

The Joes need a tech guy. Someone to keep them ahead of the game. "Breaker" fills that role. That episode wasn't "devoted" to Breaker, just like it wasn't "devoted" to Major Bludd. It was a plot point that they hit, and a nice nod to a classic namesake, just like the Stalker flashback.

The entire episode revolved around him. Maj Bludd was called in for the specific reason to kill him. All the Joes actions revolved around protecting him. Everything that occured in that episode was a direct result of him and his actions. You have a rather amusing definition of the episode not revolving around someone.

If they make a Breaker figure, I want you to come back here and issue a public apology to me and Trooper13. : )

I sincerely regret ever using logic common sense with the people around here.

If Hasbro holds true to its regular patterns then when they do make a Breaker figure it's not going to be until they give him a uniform or outfit, and I don't see that happening until perhaps next season.

Echo7Solo
12-26-2010, 07:29 PM
That I could see. I think a small glimpse of him might be a nice nod, however, Hasbro lost the rights to his name anyhow. Remember "Benchpress"? I think Rock n' Roll as we knew his is pretty much gone.

yeah but lets face it, they don't have to use his codename... his last name is enough and I don't think they lost the rights to that.

Shin Densetsu
12-26-2010, 07:47 PM

They are distancing themselves from the premise of making a cartoon solely to sell toys and aiming to make a good cartoon that stands on its own. The original toon did not age well and I am glad Renegades does not have the same kind of corny humor(the humor isn't as bad). They pay homage to the stuff we would remember though, like the voice actors.

As far as homages with TF Animated, did you get Allspark Almanac Vol 2? That has a TON of homages, not only to G1 but to GI Joe ARAH.

~Synder Corps.~
12-26-2010, 08:34 PM
I think the humor level of the series is good, nicelly balanced between old and young without going overboard on either end. And yes, a BIG distance between being a vehicle used to sell toysand a stand alone series.

Yeah, safe to say, I've hopped the fence. (It's BETTER than ROC!!!!)

Trooper13
12-26-2010, 08:49 PM
The initial incarnation on TV is the Sunbow cartoon. Don't try to hide behind your own poorly worded post as a defense. If you want people to understand you learn how to form your thoughts in a more coherent manner.

Actually, I referred to the OG13. Which refers to the figures. Sunbow isn't the original incarnation of ARAH, it's the original incarnation of Joe animation. My point was clear. Don't try and hide your misinterpretation by belittling others. It makes you come off as small as you really are.

BTW, Hawk, Breaker, Scarlet, SE and Stalker have all appeared in just the first 7 episodes

Yes. As I pointed out, with the exception of Scarlet they are all VASTLY different then their OG counterparts. Keep grasping for straws, this is fun.

and I'll bet real money we see at least a glimpse of others before the end of the season, so your original argument is still invalid.

The FULL OG13 line up? I'll take that bet. If I'm wrong I'll apologize here.

The entire episode revolved around him. Maj Bludd was called in for the specific reason to kill him. All the Joes actions revolved around protecting him. Everything that occured in that episode was a direct result of him and his actions. You have a rather amusing definition of the episode not revolving around someone.

The "entire" episode? It was written as a "coincidence". He was a plot device. The Joes need help, they need someone with tech expertise. You've got a rather amusing grip on both reality and the value of your own opinion as fact.

I sincerely regret ever using logic common sense with the people around here.

I'm sure most people return the sentiment.

If Hasbro holds true to its regular patterns then when they do make a Breaker figure it's not going to be until they give him a uniform or outfit, and I don't see that happening until perhaps next season.

Which was the point of me saying I don't think we've seen the last of him. I agree on that point. If we get him he'll likely have a "uniform" of sorts. Something more tactical then his civies. However, I do think we'll see a figure of him eventually. Though, I'd never expect you to ever admit you were wrong, just try and twist things around on themselves until reality meets your own interpretation.

SNAKE EYES
12-26-2010, 09:01 PM
This has probably been mentioned, but I haven't been on since the 23rd and I don't feel like redaing this entire thread :D

Here's what I noticed the football helmet Duke's team was wearing had a logo that looked a lot like the Joe RoC logo... probably just a nod to the movie... I doubt it is any hint to anything.

Trooper13
12-26-2010, 09:03 PM
This has probably been mentioned, but I haven't been on since the 23rd and I don't feel like redaing this entire thread :D

Here's what I noticed the football helmet Duke's team was wearing had a logo that looked a lot like the Joe RoC logo... probably just a nod to the movie... I doubt it is any hint to anything.

I don't recall anyone mentioning it. If they did, good eyes for you and them. When I go back and watch it again, I'll be sure to keep a look out.

fhersanke
12-26-2010, 09:13 PM
like the cobra pilot looks a little bit like strato viper

Zefram
12-26-2010, 09:17 PM
Actually, I referred to the OG13. Which refers to the figures.

Show me in this post where you refer to the "O13".

Yeah, I don't think it's going to happen. For the most part, this creative team has gone out of it's way to distance itself from that initial incarnation of ARAH Joe. Which isn't a bad idea, it just sucks for those of us with more connection to those original archetypes, then their replacements. Other then Scarlet they've made sure to either completely retool, or write out any original Joe members.

SE is starting as V2 in terms of looks with a new origin, Stalker appears in a flashback, Rock n' Roll was partially absorbed by RB, and Breaker is now a civilian hacker. There's nothing wrong with that, and I love this take on Joe. However, it seems that they are making a concerted effort to let us know that this is a completely new take.

You refer to a few of the characters by name, and not even all of them. Are you asking people on the board to read your mind?

My point was clear. Don't try and hide your misinterpretation by belittling others.

As I've proven, it clearly wasn't.

It makes you come off as small as you really are.

So now you resort to trolling and baiting?

Who here is acting small?

Yes. As I pointed out, with the exception of Scarlet they are all VASTLY different then their OG counterparts. Keep grasping for straws, this is fun.

And nobody is arguing that point. Making a series based on outdated character designs to satisfy a percentage of a percentage would be ludicrous and pointless. Are you arguing that they shouldn't have been changed?

What is your argument?

The FULL OG13 line up? I'll take that bet. If I'm wrong I'll apologize here.

I never said the full lineup, so stop trying to put words in my mouth on a message board where any goober can go back and read what I really said. I said at the very least we'll see more. With 19 episodes left, it's be a fools bet the way they are going now.

Why should they have every single one appear? Everybody has their own personal favorites, including the writers, and we'll likely see cameos from all across Joe history. I don't see why the creative team are under no obligation to satisfy you alone.

The "entire" episode? It was written as a "coincidence". He was a plot device. The Joes need help, they need someone with tech expertise. You've got a rather amusing grip on both reality and the value of your own opinion as fact.

Regardless of how it was written, the episode revolved around that character. Plot device or no, he was the focus of the episode. You are the one seemingly at odds with reality on this.

Which was the point of me saying I don't think we've seen the last of him. I agree on that point. If we get him he'll likely have a "uniform" of sorts. Something more tactical then his civies. However, I do think we'll see a figure of him eventually. Though, I'd never expect you to ever admit you were wrong, just try and twist things around on themselves until reality meets your own interpretation.

You're the one who started off arguing the point that they wouldn't introduce a character they wouldn't make a figure of. Are you now saying we're getting figures of Duke's mom and dad?

Please, it's readily apparent I have no need to twist anything in your post.

John_0515
12-26-2010, 09:25 PM
Duke is too much "loose cannon" which is odd, cause everyone complains about him being too stodgy, now we're complaining about the opposite.

In DD, Duke is a Black Ops guy, and does a lot of messed up stuff behind the scenes that the other Joes wonder about. That fits right in to the comic book persona.

Trooper13
12-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Show me in this post where you refer to the "O13".

I'm not trying to crap on this. I love the show, just being realistic. I'd love to see him show up on Flint's team, but I just don't see it happening.

As you can see I refer to both the "original incarnation of ARAH", which is the figures and file cards. Not the TV series that started 3 years later. This is further evidenced when I spoke of SE's design being based of V2, as a point of them distancing themselves from that incarnation. V2 refers to the figures. Not the Sunbow cartoon, which I NEVER mentioned. You did.

What is your argument?

That's the funny thing, Zef. Until you showed up with your comment, there wasn't one. My POINT was that I doubted we'd see "Rock n' Roll". I specifically meant "Rock n' Roll", which is what I said.

My reasonings were that the creators are trying to distance us from the OG13. Stalker and Scarlet are the only ones who are similar to their first appearances in that first release. Stalker however isn't even a part of Joe, he's just a flashback. Hawk is already a General, not a Colonel, he's old and he's been wounded. A far cry from the figure and filecard we got in 82'. Same with Breaker, ect. I further went on to mention how there was some legal issue with the use of "Rock n' Roll", hence "Benchpress". Plus, they've absorbed the "hard rock guy" aspect of his character into Roadblock, who would effectively be his replacement anyhow as the machine gunner. TO ME, all these point to us not seeing "Rock n' Roll".

That was it. The entire point. You jumped into the conversation going on about voice actors, and how we've seen some of the OG13. However, that wasn't my point at all. My point was that the majority that we have seen have been major departures from their original release.

Sunbow_Joe84
12-26-2010, 09:41 PM
hey trooper 1. I thought that benchpress being called Craig McConnell was a mistake and was not the intent of hasbro. i do remember them saing that the RnR name couldn't be used in a gobal market for the movie line. I'm just confused how they lost the name. like you, I am Rock n' Roll fan.

Snake Shadow09
12-26-2010, 09:43 PM
do you guys think we will see ff in season 1?

Trooper13
12-26-2010, 09:44 PM
hey trooper 1. I thought that benchpress being called Craig McConnell was a mistake and was not the intent of hasbro. i do remember them saing that the RnR name couldn't be used in a gobal market for the movie line. I'm just confused how they lost the name. like you, I am Rock n' Roll fan.

I don't know about it being a "mistake". He sure "kind of" looked the part of an updated Rock n' Roll. If you slap an M60, or M240 in his hands he'd look pretty good to me. Interesting about the international release being the reason, I hadn't heard that.

Trooper13
12-26-2010, 09:48 PM
do you guys think we will see ff in season 1?

This team seems to be finding a way to give us alot of characters and make it all work. I wouldn't think it out of the question.

Sunbow_Joe84
12-26-2010, 09:49 PM
I don't know about it being a "mistake". He sure "kind of" looked the part of an updated Rock n' Roll. If you slap an M60, or M240 in his hands he'd look pretty good to me. Interesting about the international release being the reason, I hadn't heard that.

I'm just hoping by season two we get to see all our favorites as full blown joes in an active anti-terrorist unit. I'm loving the series and enjoying the references but I'm really looking foward to seeing stalker, flash, Rock n' Roll and Clutch kick some major cobra ass.

Woo-Dig-It
12-26-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm enjoying what i'm seeing so far. This 2 parter was very good. I enjoyed alot of things that were already mentioned: Stalker cameo, the original voice actors from the 80's Duke/Scarlett playing the new Duke's parents, the Star Wars nod, Flint rivalry, etc... I liked all the US Army flashbacks, that gives a military feel to the show and Real American Hero feel, not a United nations feel. I really love some of Tunnel Rat's lines so far. The "Ninja Nancy and the creep in the white jammies" line is classic. He also threw some line at Snake Eyes tonight trying to get a rise. I like that the Joes are now aware of Cobra Commander atleast a hint of him. Was that Cobra Commander voice the same voice as Resolute? It sounded similiar.

Woo-Dig-It
12-26-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm just hoping by season two we get to see all our favorites as full blown joes in an active anti-terrorist unit. I'm loving the series and enjoying the references but I'm really looking foward to seeing stalker, flash, Rock n' Roll and Clutch kick some major cobra ass.

yeah. i'd like to see it run a few seasons and then merge into another series with a different subtitle and focus. Kinda of like how TF Beast Wars moved into Beast Machines, except make the Joe version good. I liked most of Beast Wars but Machines got kinda wierd especially at the end. I guess a better example would be Justice League series turning into Justice League Unlimited. They expanded their resources and got alot more characters but at the same time kept the stories top notch. I'd like to see something like Justice League with GI Joe, growing into a unit introducing more characters.

kennywr22
12-26-2010, 10:46 PM
I've got a feeling by the end of season 1 we will see cobra go public as they really are, and gi joe forming with Flint and lady j on board. This series is fantastic. This is what I wanted in a Joe cartoon.

Zefram
12-26-2010, 11:50 PM
As you can see I refer to both the "original incarnation of ARAH", which is the figures and file cards. Not the TV series that started 3 years later. This is further evidenced when I spoke of SE's design being based of V2, as a point of them distancing themselves from that incarnation. V2 refers to the figures. Not the Sunbow cartoon, which I NEVER mentioned. You did.

That's the funny thing, Zef. Until you showed up with your comment, there wasn't one. My POINT was that I doubted we'd see "Rock n' Roll". I specifically meant "Rock n' Roll", which is what I said.

My reasonings were that the creators are trying to distance us from the OG13. Stalker and Scarlet are the only ones who are similar to their first appearances in that first release. Stalker however isn't even a part of Joe, he's just a flashback. Hawk is already a General, not a Colonel, he's old and he's been wounded. A far cry from the figure and filecard we got in 82'. Same with Breaker, ect. I further went on to mention how there was some legal issue with the use of "Rock n' Roll", hence "Benchpress". Plus, they've absorbed the "hard rock guy" aspect of his character into Roadblock, who would effectively be his replacement anyhow as the machine gunner. TO ME, all these point to us not seeing "Rock n' Roll".

Your whole argument boils down to the idea that only one machine-gunner in the military should be allowed to listen to a certain kind of music at one time. It's absolute rubbish and without basis. I can almost guarantee he'll appear at some point, even in a cameo or as a secondary character. Roadblock was chosen for the team because he is simply a more interesting character, visually and as a character. He stands out from the others in a way R&R couldn't which is why Roadblock got so much more screen-time even in the old cartoon. If he was also a surfer you might have some argument.

The only character we'll probably never see is Grunt, because he's barely even a character.

That was it. The entire point. You jumped into the conversation going on about voice actors, and how we've seen some of the OG13. However, that wasn't my point at all. My point was that the majority that we have seen have been major departures from their original release.

So what? GI Joe evolves over time. Who cares? The original cartoon was a departure in many ways from the O13 because the O13 don't work visually. Most of them were completely interchangeable and the ones that weren't have continued to be used. I'm surprised the artists on the Marvel comic didn't mess up who was saying what lines more often.

"Hey! Larry? Which one is Breaker, which one is Hawk, which one is Steeler, and which one is Grunt?"

"Hmm... Breaker is the white guy in the green uniform, Hawk is the white guy in the green uniform, Steeler is the white guy in the green uniform, and Grunt is the white guy in the green uniform, but Steeler wears a range-finder!"

"But he's in the mess hall, he's not wearing his helmet in this scene."

"Eh, draw him with it on anyway."

No wonder I might have misinterpreted your intentions. I was apparently giving it far too much credit. If by "distancing themselves from the original figures" your mean that GI Joe changes over time, then welcome to the last 25 years! Any property that hopes to continue has to change out of necessity. You think it's a coincidence that the second crop of characters to hit were so much more visually distinctive than the O13? Gung-Ho, Doc, Snow Job... etc.

Again, even the ARAH cartoon changed the way the existing characters looked to make them more distinctive, and the ones they didn't got put on a bus to another dimension.

1982BreakerMOC
12-26-2010, 11:55 PM

"Snake Eyes is MINE!!!"

Yeah i like how a lot of the crates as im sure yall have noticed are marked M.A.R.S.I cant wait to see Destro.I just wonder will he have the mask on or will that come later on in the series.

Monkeywrench
12-27-2010, 12:05 AM
I bet the first time we see destro he won't have a mask on

Monkeywrench
12-27-2010, 12:06 AM
Was that Cobra Commander voice the same voice as Resolute? It sounded similiar.

yes

1982BreakerMOC
12-27-2010, 12:06 AM

I dont really agree with that.So far they are not Gi Joe.They are a rag tag team of "renegade" soldiers.I truly belive the deeper this series goes and the more they become a true "team" you will start to see more of the familiar Joes show up.Like say there looking for a bomb disposal expert , and Duke says hey i know just the guy to call. BAM ! Say hello to tripwire. Just like Breaker is a civi right now i think that later in the series he will be absorbed by the Joe team ala Shipwreck , and Quick Kick in the sunbow series.But of course i could be wrong and they may be in fact tryin to rewrite Gi Joe and take it in a different direction , which is also fine with me.I just find it hard to believe that theyre goin to introduce all of these Cobra agents ala Dreadnoks , ScrapIron , and Destro but not include an original Joe.But like i said either way is fine with me cause at first i wasnt so sure about this show , but after watching the series so far im hooked.

1982BreakerMOC
12-27-2010, 12:17 AM

I sure hope we're done with them , but something tells me we will see them again and pretty soon too.I just didnt like them , thats really my only complaint about the show well that and the characters all look like 16.

John_0515
12-27-2010, 12:32 AM
Again, even the ARAH cartoon changed the way the existing characters looked to make them more distinctive, and the ones they didn't got put on a bus to another dimension.

I like Steeler

fhersanke
12-27-2010, 12:40 AM
someone please upload episode 6

MFJayman
12-27-2010, 02:00 AM
someone please upload episode 6

Yes, please. Please please.

Crazy thing is, the place I'm staying (after moving from Tucson to Nashville six days ago) actually has the Hub. I caught the last few minutes of ep.7, SS allying with Cobra, and that was it. Can't find it online. This f@#$ing sucks.

MFJayman
12-27-2010, 02:19 AM
Actually, I found ep 7 a while ago, but not ep 6. WTF? No way I'm watching 7 before 6.

Trooper13
12-27-2010, 07:29 AM
I dont really agree with that.So far they are not Gi Joe.They are a rag tag team of "renegade" soldiers.I truly belive the deeper this series goes and the more they become a true "team" you will start to see more of the familiar Joes show up.Like say there looking for a bomb disposal expert , and Duke says hey i know just the guy to call. BAM ! Say hello to tripwire. Just like Breaker is a civi right now i think that later in the series he will be absorbed by the Joe team ala Shipwreck , and Quick Kick in the sunbow series.But of course i could be wrong and they may be in fact tryin to rewrite Gi Joe and take it in a different direction , which is also fine with me.I just find it hard to believe that theyre goin to introduce all of these Cobra agents ala Dreadnoks , ScrapIron , and Destro but not include an original Joe.But like i said either way is fine with me cause at first i wasnt so sure about this show , but after watching the series so far im hooked.

Sigh, but Duke isn't there in the original incarnation of ARAH. SO it's already a departure before it's begun. Get what I mean? I was specifically referring to the characters represented by the OG13 figures and filecards. Not Sunbow, which came along much after.

Trooper13
12-27-2010, 07:57 AM
Your whole argument boils down to the idea that only one machine-gunner in the military should be allowed to listen to a certain kind of music at one time.

No. That's the argument you are trying to make by taking the words I typed and forcing your flawed logic onto them to make yourself feel better. I have no "argument", you're just grasping at straws to try and distract from the point that your initial response had nothing to do with my post.

My POINT was that this creative team as a pool of already established characters to play around with. A few of them are Machine Gunners. One of which was a surfer and hard rock guy. His "replacement" from the original mythology has now taken on half of that characters personality traits. Since there are, to my knowledge, four main Joe machine gunners, having one take on some of the characteristics of another seems to lead to the logical conclusion that he will be sitting this round out. Especially as he hasn't been a featured character in any mainstream media in quite awhile. (IDW is targeted at adult fans, so it's completely irrelevant here). This series is being shown in Canada, so if the rumors of the use of "Rock n' Roll" internationally ring true, it makes sense that they don't use him. Having RB take on one of his personality traits is a way to give us that nod, without having to deal with all the legal nonsense.

It's absolute rubbish and without basis. I can almost guarantee he'll appear at some point, even in a cameo or as a secondary character.

Then I guess we'll have to wait and see. If "Rock n' Roll" appears, then I'll come on here and apologize.

Roadblock was chosen for the team because he is simply a more interesting character, visually and as a character. He stands out from the others in a way R&R couldn't which is why Roadblock got so much more screen-time even in the old cartoon.

No doubt. Roadblock is a much more popular character amongst adult fans. We've also been told we'll be seeing HD, who is NOT more popular among the majority of adult fans, if I remember the poll results correctly. However, we'll be getting him because he has name recognition from the movie. How much ya wanna bet he joins the team a few months before the movie hits?

If he was also a surfer you might have some argument.

No. If he was "hard rock guy" and "california surfer guy", then he'd just be "Rock n' Roll". It'd just mean that they made R'nR black in Renegades. It wouldn't change his character, just his race. Making Renegades Roadblock a mechanic, a bad cook, and hard rock guy blends them together.

The only character we'll probably never see is Grunt, because he's barely even a character.

With that theory, then we may have already seen him. He could be any one of Flint's greenshirts.

So what? GI Joe evolves over time. Who cares? The original cartoon was a departure in many ways from the O13 because the O13 don't work visually. Most of them were completely interchangeable and the ones that weren't have continued to be used. I'm surprised the artists on the Marvel comic didn't mess up who was saying what lines more often.

"Hey! Larry? Which one is Breaker, which one is Hawk, which one is Steeler, and which one is Grunt?"

"Hmm... Breaker is the white guy in the green uniform, Hawk is the white guy in the green uniform, Steeler is the white guy in the green uniform, and Grunt is the white guy in the green uniform, but Steeler wears a range-finder!"

"But he's in the mess hall, he's not wearing his helmet in this scene."

"Eh, draw him with it on anyway."

No wonder I might have misinterpreted your intentions. I was apparently giving it far too much credit. If by "distancing themselves from the original figures" your mean that GI Joe changes over time, then welcome to the last 25 years! Any property that hopes to continue has to change out of necessity. You think it's a coincidence that the second crop of characters to hit were so much more visually distinctive than the O13? Gung-Ho, Doc, Snow Job... etc.

When referring to the OG13 I was referring to their characters. Not their look, with the exception of V1 and V2 SE. I'm sure even you get the reason why basing this Renegades character's original look on V2 is important as it elimates the need for the retcon. He starts out as a ninja. Again, distancing themselves from the OG13. Otherwise I was referring to the characters, and their place in Joe. Thier uniforms are completely inconsequential.

Stalker has appeared, and the little we see of him gives you one of the fairly true adaptations besides Scarlet. However, Stalker isn't a Joe at all. He's a flashback from Duke and LJ's past. Joe as a unit hasn't even started yet, and Stalker is already out of the picture, and two characters that were never there at the beginning are at it's core.

Scarlet is really the one true carry over in terms of general character from that group.

SE is a completely different character, and they've completely erased the "commando".

Breaker is another complete overhaul in terms of character.

Hawk is already a General, with physical disabilities, and he's riding a desk. A completely different character, from who we knew back in '82.

My point in making these observations was to drive home the fact that guys like Rn'R, along with his legal baggage, are fairly low on the totem pole, and likely won't make the cut. I think what this team is doing with this show is exactly right on the money, and they are firing on all cylinders. They should be putting their stamp on Joe and making it clear that "this ain't your daddy's Joe".

However, I believe all these factors figure in to us not getting to see a Renegades take on Rn'R. That kind of bums me out a bit. I like seeing new versions of old favorites. Seeing them through different eyes.

Who knows. Maybe you're right, and he'll pop up in a week or two. I'm not going to hold my breath, though.

ChaplainAsst
12-27-2010, 08:27 AM
There are a lot of great characters that haven't made it into Renegades, but I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up either this season or later. Clutch is an obvious choice and has a lot of charisma. Many of the characters, as you have noted, have a tremendous amount of overlap, as well as a number of environmental specialists that might pop up given the circumstances. I could see Law and Order and Mutt and Junkyard pop up easily in a search situation. I have been surprised that so many characters have already appeared or are scheduled to appear. Renegades has a world of potential - but is a clear departure from ARAH, Marvel, Sigma 6, DDP, IDW, Extreme, etc. It is playing in its own universe. I just appreciate that so far characters aren't being dropped in arbitrarily just to justify figures. So far, at least.

Trooper13
12-27-2010, 08:34 AM
There are a lot of great characters that haven't made it into Renegades, but I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up either this season or later. Clutch is an obvious choice and has a lot of charisma. Many of the characters, as you have noted, have a tremendous amount of overlap, as well as a number of environmental specialists that might pop up given the circumstances. I could see Law and Order and Mutt and Junkyard pop up easily in a search situation. I have been surprised that so many characters have already appeared or are scheduled to appear. Renegades has a world of potential - but is a clear departure from ARAH, Marvel, Sigma 6, DDP, IDW, Extreme, etc. It is playing in its own universe. I just appreciate that so far characters aren't being dropped in arbitrarily just to justify figures. So far, at least.

Personally I would love to see them throw us a HUGE curveball. I'd love to see them do a new take on the old "traitor" episode, but this time actually make Dusty a real traitor. Make him a Cobra plant. It'd be great, imo.

Troynos
12-27-2010, 09:06 AM
These need to get on Youtube :(

Trooper13
12-27-2010, 09:11 AM

I thought someone said they found 7... not that watching them out of order is what you'd want to do...

Troynos
12-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Just got the e-mail announcement.

The "gijoerenegades" page on YouTube has uploaded part 1 of Episode 6, so the rest should be coming soon.

Shipwreck
12-27-2010, 09:17 AM
Renegades........ hm... not much for the animation but... storywise it's not bad! i`m enjoyin` it a bit then I thought I would. Sack-full-a-ninja was just awesome! ''Hm You're on the naughty list!"

that was awesome! Been a long time since Christmas was celebrated Joe-style!

Night Viper 143
12-27-2010, 09:24 AM
whew, finally caught up with you chatter boxes.

No one mentioned my favorite line yet... yeah, that means I get to do it.

RB: "Do they do Christmas in Ninja Dojo's?"
TR: "Yeah, they take the star off the tree and throw it at each other!" *looks at SE who remains rock steady. "What, nothing?"

ahh, classic. TR is definitely my favorite...
__________________________________________________ ___
~SnyderCorps~ welcome to the band wagon, there's plenty of room for you sir.
__________________________________________________ ___

Boldly moving forward, I would like to address something to two of my very good friends on the tank. Please accept my comments as friendly advice and nothing else, because that's how its meant to be received.

Zef: You are already posting this month with a mod microscope up your butt. Be Careful. You and your picture posts kill me. I love you man, you need to stay!

Now, you have always been the Champion of "Why does it matter if (Ripcord, Firefly, etc...) is black." You have fought this 'war' for so long, your PSTD tends to flare up with little provocation. I think you see, maybe not on the surface but deep inside your deviant mutant mind, that 13's comment on RnR being absorbed by RB as another launch in that general direction. I can see how you would take it that way, but I don't think that was 13's point.

Now, 13 has been on the other side of battlelines on this very same point for a long time too. Personally I agree with 13... and the point my friend isn't, 'why are all the white guys turning black' it's 'if race dosen't matter, why do they keep changing the race to update the character?'

It's not perceived (by me at least) as a slap in the face, its just plain annoying. I haven't spent 25 years memorizing every juicy tidbit about these characters and their history to have them completely rewritten. It sucks.

Now I do understand the need for updating the characters, but you can take White SE, Black Stalker and Asian SS, out of 'Nam and put them in Iraq and keep the same history. Everything is translatable. Right down to the last karate kick.

I know why everyone does, its because they can, because its easier to make it up your own way then to just do an update.

It's not just when things get completely turned around in GI Joe that bothers me, I hate it when it happens to my Xmen, to Batman, etc.

But that how I feel, that's my opinion, and I have every right to that opinon. I've spent 18 years of my life in the military making sure that everyone has a right to different opinions. So that's where I get a little touchy.

I think Renegades is doing a great job inspite of the rewrites. They won me over from the first time Lady Jay opened her mouth in the very first episode.

Now 13: (thought you were getting off light on this one weren't you?) We all know you were a Comm's guy in the army. I love that fact about you, it brings a terrific new perspective to the Joe universe for me. Because you are an expert at this you tend to get a little touchy anytime the comms guys get brought into the mix. (as I do with the Navy, its why I never watch JAG, NCIS, Top Gun, etc).

I noticed once the convo deviated from breaker being a character and focused more on RnR... you calmed down a little. Which kind of proves my point.

What's my point? My point is, I love the episode threads, they enhance watching the cartoon in ways I've never had available to me before. You guys catch way more stuff than I do. (easter eggs as Zef likes to call them). My family watches with me, but they don't get half the references. My enjoyment of these threads would greatly increase if you guys weren't having rap battles in the middle of them. As we adults constantly tell our kids, if you are going to get in the sandbox, you must play nice.

Zef, its okay for 13 to have his own opinions, right, wrong, or indifferent. 13, Zef is the king of TV Isotropes and script writing... its why he uses all the fancy langauge and links it to a website... His initial attempt to communicate with you is to provide knowledge in case he thinks your opinion might formulated from lack of information. and that's okay too, say thank you, I understand where you are coming from, but I stand by my statement. "Easy day." (<-- see what I did there?)

You guys both just need to work on approach. I like you both too much to see one shoved off the site by the other.

If that does happen, I'm coming to both your houses like Jay and Silent Bob in the movie Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back for a stiff cup of "WTF's wrong with you man." (I love that movie)

So, with all that being said... You go to your corner... you go to your corner. Next round, how about doing it with no low-blows from either of you.

And remember, I read the whole thread... So I already know who threw the first whatever, so lets skip the whole defending my position part, hokay? And, just have a nice conversation from here forward.

For what its worth. I love RnR too, I hope your wrong 13 about them not releasing an update for Renegades. But also, I don't think they can take this story to a huge Joe Army without changing the name. And changing the name of a show is alot like changing the name of boat... it's bad ju-ju.

I truly think it's too ealry to tell who's going to get a fig... or how long the line is going to run, or how long the show is going to run.

No one should let there dander get up over speculation. That's just crazy...:)

Night Viper 143
12-27-2010, 09:26 AM

Egad Troy, your killing me... Get the Hub already!

lol, this post is becoming traditional... see you again in two weeks buddy!

GrimReaper957
12-27-2010, 09:44 AM
Can we all just say it's a good cartoon to watch?
No?
Sigh...back to watching Jersey Shore then

General Hawk
12-27-2010, 09:45 AM
You know... I watched this two parter 4 or 5 times over this weekend, and I had a smile on my face the whole time. This show is just clicking right now.

Part of me hopes they're not peaking too early. It seems unusual that we have so many 2-part "event" shows this early in the season. By all accounts, the next 5 episodes are all single episodes, and many of them seem like they might not really capture quite as much importance as the past 4 episodes. I just hope folks don't feel a "let down" too much.

Time will tell.

All I know is this show is kicking all sorts of ass right now, I really can't wait to see it continue to gain steam going forward.

Justin

Night Viper 143
12-27-2010, 09:48 AM
I am loving it too. I'm going to have to finally break down and get dvr capability. Trying to catch the reruns to rewatch and disect is getting very difficult.

General Hawk
12-27-2010, 09:50 AM
I am loving it too. I'm going to have to finally break down and get dvr capability. Trying to catch the reruns to rewatch and disect is getting very difficult.

I'll be honest, I beefed up my cable package and upgraded to a DVR for the sole purpose of G.I. Joe: Renegades, and so far, it has been more than worth it.

Justin

Night Viper 143
12-27-2010, 09:56 AM
I read your updates/synopsis for ep 6 and 7 on General Joes... Great stuff man. Good choice of clips to underline your points.

General Hawk
12-27-2010, 10:38 AM
I read your updates/synopsis for ep 6 and 7 on General Joes... Great stuff man. Good choice of clips to underline your points.

Thanks! :D

Mainframe
12-27-2010, 10:46 AM
Just caught up on you tube, thanks for posting Justin. The series is good, I'll say that. There's humor(the star thing from Tunnel Rat) and it's overall really quality work. Makes me want to watch more. It's not too ninja-e, but they deserve respect. I feel like the comic set this series up, with it's big hold out on cobra as a global enterprise instead of "world domination". The build up in the comic was too long in my eyes, but things in the series are moving along a little more swiftly.
Kudos to Hasbro

Mainframe
12-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Oh yeah I'm sure as stated ealier it's fantastic that the original Duke and Scarlet were used as the voices for Duke's parents. Great homage.

Troynos
12-27-2010, 10:56 AM
I gotta say, episode 6/7 was the best yet.

The story between Duke and Flint, which when first heard about it was fairly corny, now is really good. I liked the angle they took on it. It actually makes sense. Football rivals and Flint felt bad about ruining Duke's football career so he brought him into the military and vouched for him, to try and make up for the knee injury. So Flint takes it personal when Duke goes "bad".

That is actually very cool. Makes alot of sense and works really well.

The Baroness is KICK-ASS in this episode.

Loving Flint's character. He's by-the-book but can see he really just wants to do the right thing.

I'm not a fan of the "new character every episode" and was afraid with Renegades going that direction since the upcoming episode guides we've seen have new charaters almost every episode.

But I do like the way they set it up for that at the end of this episode with the Commander going to throw everything he's got at the Joes until someone finally succeeds.

The animation was the best out of all of 'em.

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Storm Shadow's outfit. Having those two locks of hair outside the mask is horrible.

Baroness looked great. I want a figure of both her battle outfit and her normal black outfit.

The HUGE negative was the geography issues. They are near DC, but Duke goes to Missouri and then the Joes take the harddrive to Colorado, and then they all go back to Missouri and then on the train bound for DC.

Just all over the map. That part is a big negative.

Mainframe
12-27-2010, 10:58 AM
I have a feeling Storm Shadows outfit will change now that he's part of Cobra....perhaps the traditional look and HOPEFULLY a a Cobra emblem to the top left corner. Would be a good time for it. I agree, he looks like a homeless mummy.

Troynos
12-27-2010, 10:58 AM
I can see Flint bringing Stalker in to help with the chase, since Stalker is an old commanding officer of Dukes.

Nice seeing MARS Industries on the crates in the Lady Jaye flashback.

Night Viper 143
12-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Its funny how unkempt he looks with the mask on and then how perfect his hair looks when the mask is off.

Must be a ninja mind trick? hmmm...

Mainframe
12-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Lady Jaye reminds me of the chick from White Men Can't Jump

Troynos
12-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Lady Jaye reminds me of the chick from White Men Can't Jump

Rosie Perez?

lol

I really like LJ's character. I can see how she and Flint can develop into a relationship.

Night Viper 143
12-27-2010, 11:01 AM
I love me some Rosie Perez.

She was caliente in that movie!

kennywr22
12-27-2010, 11:04 AM
I just wanted to say that these two episodes were incredible. I can not say how much of a joy it is watching these. I do feel like a kid again in a sense. I wait all week long for that Friday night showing. I'm equally in love with the look as I am with the story. Yep, I do like how ss looks, even the hair thing. So looking toward to seeing scrap iron next episode. Then my boy Zartan after that. Thanks Hasbro!!

Mainframe
12-27-2010, 11:10 AM
LOl, yeah Rosie Perez. She had a "I'm poor and kinda dirty" thing going on, but she could kick your butt in Jeopardy. Not to mention I wish I could dunk.......1 more inch.....

Night Viper 143
12-27-2010, 11:12 AM
lol

Freedom
12-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Yes, Renegdes has diviated from the Original 13. That's the point. It's a new continuity. It's not ARAH. It's Renegades. Joes will join the team in a different order if at all. Hasbro has taken what they thing are the most recognizeable or distinct characters and started with them. That doesn't mean other Joes won't show up, or if they already have, won't show up again. In what capacity remains to be seen. I love the Original 13, but, c'mon, do you really miss Grunt, Short-Fuze, Zap, Flash, Grand Slam, or Steeler?

As far as Rock N' Roll goes, yes, Bench Press was originally supposed to be Rock N' Roll. But "Rock N' Roll" could not be trademarked internationally. RoC was an international line. Hasbro changed the code name. Not being able to use "Rock N' Roll" Hasbro wanted Bench Press to be a new character, but forgot to change the file name on the file card. It's up to you if Bench Press is Craig McConnel or not.

And just because Roadblock is a heavy gunner and likes heavy metal doesn't mean Rock N' Roll still can't show up. Rock N' Roll is still distinct enough to not be confused with Roadblock. Maybe Renegades Rock N' Roll doesn't like Heavy Metal? Maybe he likes Classic Rock? Roadblock is also a driver and mechanic. Does that mean Clutch can't show up at some point?

In just seven episodes we've already seen (and will see):
'82
Hawk
Stalker
Scarlett
Snake-Eyes
Breaker
Cobra Troopers (Security)

'83
Tripwire
Cobra Commander
Major Bludd
Destro (coming soon)

'84
Duke
Roadblock
Ripcord
Baroness
Storm Shadow
Scrap-Iron (coming soon)
Zartan (coming soon)
Dreadnoks (coming soon)

'85
Flint
Lady Jaye
Crimson Guard (Red Ties)

'86
Dr.Mindbender

'87
Tunnel Rat
Falcon
Jinx

I think that's a pretty good showing for being less that 1/3 of the way through the season.

Troynos
12-27-2010, 11:20 AM
We haven't seen Falcon.

But with the changes they are making, Rock 'n Roll in Renegades doesn't need to be a rock 'n roll listening-surfing-machine gunner.

Dust Viper
12-27-2010, 11:32 AM
This is an episode (err, episodes) that I can get behind.

I love the fusion of Flint and Duke's back stories. Yeah, it started out as a typical football rivalry, but then it developed into Flint wanting Duke as his special project, while Duke just wanted to make choices he felt were right for himself and his personal code. I dig the contrast between the two. Flint tries to help Duke this way or that, Duke has to do things his way, and so Flint sees it as a personal slight when Duke doesn't fall in line with his way of thinking. Thus, it makes perfect sense that Duke is the rogue and Flint is the man hunting him down.

They are such important characters in the Joe mythos, but this is the first time I really felt that a take on them have actually did them justice. They've existed as 'leaders' in the past, but never really existed as 'people' if you get my drift. Plus, we've always had an exploration Destro/Cobra Commander's relationship, so why not mirror that on the Joe side of things.

Freedom
12-27-2010, 11:32 AM
The HUGE negative was the geography issues. They are near DC, but Duke goes to Missouri and then the Joes take the harddrive to Colorado, and then they all go back to Missouri and then on the train bound for DC.

Just all over the map. That part is a big negative.
I agree with this. At first I thought they were trying to make some sense of it, but they can't be.

Episode 1 - Cobra Industries (unknown location)
Episode 2 - Springfield (Iowa)
Episode 3 - Background looks like the South West
Episode 4 & 5 Snake-Eyes Cabin (In the comic it was in the High Sierra Mountain Range in California. That doesn't mean it is in Renegades.)
Episodes 6 & 7 - Missouri, Colorado, and on the way to DC.

It's not a BIG deal, but the Joes need to have, along with their mission, a geographical goal and the backgrounds need to reflect that. Right now they're just all over the place all willy nilly.

Outside of this nitpick, and the Booger-Viper, my only other complaint so far was the magic Arashikage growing ninja chain in Episode 6.

Freedom
12-27-2010, 11:34 AM
We haven't seen Falcon.
Duke's little brother was named Vince. Falcon's real name is Vincent. In the Sunbow cartoon Duke and Falcon were brothers. It's up to you whether or not that was Falcon, but I think it was a definite nod to Duke and Falcon being brothers.

Troynos
12-27-2010, 11:39 AM
I love the fusion of Flint and Duke's back stories. Yeah, it started out as a typical football rivalry, but then it developed into Flint wanting Duke as his special project, while Duke just wanted to make choices he felt were right for himself and his personal code. I dig the contrast between the two. Flint tries to help Duke this way or that, Duke has to do things his way, and so Flint sees it as a personal slight when Duke doesn't fall in line with his way of thinking. Thus, it makes perfect sense that Duke is the rogue and Flint is the man hunting him down.

And it also makes sense with why Flint was chosen by Abernathy to bring Duke in. Abernathy, I think, is somewhat suspicious of Cobra, and he knows that Flint will do his best to bring Duke in alive so can go on trial and Abernathy can do his best to bring Cobra to light. Abernathy knows that Flint won't go over the line in bringing Duke in (like we saw at the end of the episodes).

I agree with this. At first I thought they were trying to make some sense of it, but they can't be.

Episode 1 - Cobra Industries (unknown location)
Episode 2 - Springfield (Iowa)
Episode 3 - Background looks like the South West
Episode 4 & 5 Snake-Eyes Cabin (In the comic it was in the High Sierra Mountain Range in California. That doesn't mean it is in Renegades.)
Episodes 6 & 7 - Missouri, Colorado, and on the way to DC.

It's not a BIG deal, but the Joes need to have, along with their mission, a geographical goal and the backgrounds need to reflect that. Right now they're just all over the place all willy nilly.

It can be overlooked if the episodes are strong, but in a weaker episode it will be a huge issue. And where was Flint that he could get to Missouri so quickly when Vince called. Well I guess there was plenty of time cause Duke and his parents were in Colorado when the mother called Vince and they drove back to Missouri.

Wasn't the Breaker episode in New Mexico? I think they said where the college was, I just can't remember. But somewhere in the Southwest.

How are they getting money for all this gas?

Duke's little brother was named Vince. Falcon's real name is Vincent. In the Sunbow cartoon Duke and Falcon were brothers. It's up to you whether or not that was Falcon, but I think it was a definite nod to Duke and Falcon being brothers.

I can see where you're coming from, but think it's a bit of a stretch.

Snake Shadow09
12-27-2010, 12:04 PM
i have to say i did not like episode 6 at all.

i mean dukes brother was randomly thowing rocks at in the football oval? really?

Troynos
12-27-2010, 12:09 PM
i have to say i did not like episode 6 at all.

i mean dukes brother was randomly thowing rocks at in the football oval? really?

You couldn't see why that makes sense?

It's a small midwestern town that is struggling. We got that through the flashbacks. Duke was a big hometown hero and then he gets plastered all over the news. His family must be getting some grief, and his younger brother would definately be getting grief in school. So what does he have to take his frustrations out on?

The symbol of better times. The symbol of his football hero older brother and the last time the town had anything to cheer for (the state championship game).

Now having Duke show up at just the same time as his little brother is there.... that's a stretch, but it's no more of a stretch that happens in thousands of movies/books/comics/cartoons/games/etc. Amazing coincedance, but it's a plot device that is used repeatedly across all media.

Timber The Wolf
12-27-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm really digging the series so far... It's nice to see some decent story lines being developed. This two parter was fantastic. Something the Clone Wars has missed the mark on... Having a good amount of action and telling a story at the same time. While I didn't have any expectations for Renegades, I have been impressed since the 3rd episode.

I really do want a Cobra Coyote! Reminds me of the Ninja turtle wagon! But way cooler!

Snake Shadow09
12-27-2010, 01:37 PM
You couldn't see why that makes sense?

It's a small midwestern town that is struggling. We got that through the flashbacks. Duke was a big hometown hero and then he gets plastered all over the news. His family must be getting some grief, and his younger brother would definately be getting grief in school. So what does he have to take his frustrations out on?

The symbol of better times. The symbol of his football hero older brother and the last time the town had anything to cheer for (the state championship game).

Now having Duke show up at just the same time as his little brother is there.... that's a stretch, but it's no more of a stretch that happens in thousands of movies/books/comics/cartoons/games/etc. Amazing coincedance, but it's a plot device that is used repeatedly across all media.
very true. great post.

USAgent
12-27-2010, 01:45 PM
After the last 2 episodes I would definitely move my "good" vote to "great" I am really liking this new Joe show!

firefly069
12-27-2010, 01:54 PM
This is an episode (err, episodes) that I can get behind.

They are such important characters in the Joe mythos, but this is the first time I really felt that a take on them have actually did them justice. They've existed as 'leaders' in the past, but never really existed as 'people' if you get my drift. Plus, we've always had an exploration Destro/Cobra Commander's relationship, so why not mirror that on the Joe side of things.

Totally agree with this. Watched both episodes twice. This is an amazing series! It keeps getting better. This is much more enjoyable than ROC, ARAH, and even resolute, which I liked. I hope this can last a few years!

SNAKE EYES
12-27-2010, 02:44 PM
I don't recall anyone mentioning it. If they did, good eyes for you and them. When I go back and watch it again, I'll be sure to keep a look out.

I screen captured some images... it definitely has a RoC vibe.

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/attachments/g-i-joe-renegades-animation-discussion/72795d1293479067-gi-joe-renegades-episodes-6-7-homecoming-parts-1-part-2-discussion-02duke-renegades.jpg

MFJayman
12-27-2010, 03:26 PM
Love the tension between CC and Baroness. Seems like a nice setup for her divided loyalties between CC and Destro. Awesome aircraft Baroness was flying around in, I like how it, her outfit, and the pilot’s gear, are all color coordinated, red and black. This is clearly BARONESS’ aircraft, and BARONESS’ pilot. Where did CC find this woman?! I wanna see some backstory on HER!
Man oh man do I want to see DESTRO!
Finally, Baroness in some slick battle gear. I like it because it’s reminiscent of her classic outfit, but different enough that when a figure comes out, it’ll be distinctly Renegades, but clearly Baroness as well.
Love all Baroness’ tech gear, and that she is right in the action now. And she infiltrates the train alone, WITHOUT any Blueshirt backup! What a bad ass chick! I’d have liked to see her zap SE with one of her stun blasts, but SS just had to drop in. Maybe he saved her ass, but I like to think she’d have found some way of dealing with SE, at least temporarily.
Now that SS is partnering with Cobra, I’m hoping that he’ll be equipped with a more modern, Cobra-designed battle outfit. I think that could be really cool. Wakey wakey SS, time to get out of your jammies and get dressed for doing business with Cobra.

Anyway...two great episodes.

Mr.Kane
12-27-2010, 03:29 PM
I gotta say Im starting to like the show more and more. My only dislike would be Storm Shadow's overall look. Ready to see what the figures will look like.

MFJayman
12-27-2010, 03:39 PM
I wonder how Stalker and Tripwire are going to come into play in this, IF they are gonna bring them back.

I like the idea that there could have been an earlier Joe team, consisting of Stalker and the original ’82 Joes, with Hawk in command, who had their own run-ins with Cobra and MARS back in the day, though they never full succeeded in uncovering the true identity of who they were fighting. I imagine that, in the current Renegades story, Stalker and his fellow original “Joes” might be middle-aged, like Hawk is. Perhaps these characters, in their younger versions, could continue showing up in flashbacks from time to time, with hints to the fact that back in the day they, too, were fighting Cobra (amongst other more conventional enemies as well).

CVdelgado
12-27-2010, 03:53 PM
i still love the show. haters gotta hate. just enjoy guys sheesh.

it was cool to hear the og duke and scarlet voices for duke's mom and dad.

MFJayman
12-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Yeah - I got that. The timing was just nice and convenient, as SE was fighting the Baroness. Still, it moves the SS story along as he begins to work with Cobra.

So now that SS is officially with, or allied with, Cobra, does that mean we'll be seeing squads of Arashikage ninjas being deployed, in a sort of general trooper fashion? Eeekk, I hope not. But I can see how it allows for perhaps a future "ninja" episode(s). However, I'd rather have one or two such episodes than a general sprinkling of generic Arashikage ninjas throughout the season. Having SS make regular appearances is fine, but lets not have him towing around a platoon of his clansmen on every mission.

1982BreakerMOC
12-27-2010, 04:13 PM
I like the idea that there could have been an earlier Joe team, consisting of Stalker and the original ’82 Joes, with Hawk in command, who had their own run-ins with Cobra and MARS back in the day, though they never full succeeded in uncovering the true identity of who they were fighting. I imagine that, in the current Renegades story, Stalker and his fellow original “Joes” might be middle-aged, like Hawk is. Perhaps these characters, in their younger versions, could continue showing up in flashbacks from time to time, with hints to the fact that back in the day they, too, were fighting Cobra (amongst other more conventional enemies as well).

I like this idea to tell the truth.It would allow the OG 13 to appear and would even make room for some NEW characters to show up.

Trooper13
12-27-2010, 04:23 PM
I screen captured some images... it definitely has a RoC vibe.

That's too freakin' cool. There are soooo many little things sprinkled here and there in this show you can tell the people behind it really love the property. I loved the line the Baroness threw out there when SS showed up on the train...

"Two ninja? That's one too many."

I almost died laughing. How many times have we seen that here? From myself no less. I think this show is great. Can't get enough.

Trooper13
12-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Rock 'n Roll in Renegades doesn't need to be a rock 'n roll listening-surfing-machine gunner.

The surfing part I'll go with, but the rock n' roll part I'd think would seem kind of silly. Remember. Rn'R was an actual musician, too.

I'm all for changing things up and making it a different continuity, but seriously. A guy called Rock n' Roll not having that being part of his character would be kind of stupid, imo.

MFJayman
12-27-2010, 05:47 PM
I like this idea to tell the truth.It would allow the OG 13 to appear and would even make room for some NEW characters to show up.

I like to think that there was maybe a rather covert conflict going on between Cobra/MARS and at least a small band of elite soldiers years, potentially even decades, before the current Renegades time frame. The MARS crates being in the back of the truck that Stalker ordered Duke to pursue in the flashback seemed to indicate such a situation, to me. The members of the "old Joe" team might therefore have some useful info and wisdom regarding the fight against Cobra/MARS. And hell, a 40 or 45 year old Stalker could probably still kick some serious ass.

CVdelgado
12-27-2010, 05:52 PM
episdoe 7 was great. the back story with flint has gotten better, i was worried at first.

anyone complaining needs to go watch some arah and compare. that was great but so is this.

Trooper13
12-27-2010, 05:54 PM
I like to think that there was maybe a rather covert conflict going on between Cobra/MARS and at least a small band of elite soldiers years, potentially even decades, before the current Renegades time frame. The MARS crates being in the back of the truck that Stalker ordered Duke to pursue in the flashback seemed to indicate such a situation, to me. The members of the "old Joe" team might therefore have some useful info and wisdom regarding the fight against Cobra/MARS. And hell, a 40 or 45 year old Stalker could probably still kick some serious ass.

I think Destro, and his storyline are going to blow us away. With the way this team has been knocking these characters out of the park I'm really stoked to see where they are going with him. They seem to be name dropping him an awful lot, which leads me to believe that they are going to take very good care of him.

kennywr22
12-27-2010, 06:18 PM
I believe destro is gonna blow us away. I wonder if you meet him before or after CC has force the mask on him?

MFJayman
12-27-2010, 06:19 PM
I think Destro, and his storyline are going to blow us away. With the way this team has been knocking these characters out of the park I'm really stoked to see where they are going with him. They seem to be name dropping him an awful lot, which leads me to believe that they are going to take very good care of him.

Definitely. And they have certainly deferred the BIG reveal of Destro until quite late, it would seem, for such a major character. I mean, not until ep 11? I don't know his character backwards and forwards by any means, but he seems to be, or to potentially be, a very deep and conflicted character. Like I said before, I see him being a kind of non-psychopathic bad guy, a person willing to rob and enslave and murder selectively, whereas CC is a true psychopath, who has no limits on what he is willing to do to achieve his ends.

Trooper13
12-27-2010, 06:21 PM
I believe destro is gonna blow us away. I wonder if you meet him before or after CC has force the mask on him?

At first I thought we'd meet him as McCullen. However, that moment where Baroness corrected herself last episode makes me think otherwise. It seemed almost like she corrected herself out of fear that CC might be listening.

Trooper13
12-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Definitely. And they have certainly deferred the BIG reveal of Destro until quite late, it would seem, for such a major character. I mean, not until ep 11? I don't know his character backwards and forwards by any means, but he seems to be, or to potentially be, a very deep and conflicted character. Like I said before, I see him being a kind of non-psychopathic bad guy, a person willing to rob and enslave and murder selectively, whereas CC is a true psychopath, who has no limits on what he is willing to do to achieve his ends.

Yeah, Destro was always a villian with a sense of honor. Where as CC is definitely full blown crazy flakes. I really can't wait to see their take on Destro. I LOVE the Commander in this series so far. He's definitely not a joke. He's a very scary dude. How Destro deals with him should be interesting.

Cobra Terrorist
12-27-2010, 06:27 PM
How Destro deals with him should be interesting.

I'll be curious to see if Destro is a second-in-command character (like ARAH), or a completely-independent contractor.

Trooper13
12-27-2010, 06:31 PM
I'll be curious to see if Destro is a second-in-command character (like ARAH), or a completely-independent contractor.

From what they said in the character bios waaaayyy back Cobra Industries executed a hostile takeover of MARS. So originally I would imagine that MARS was a supplier of Cobra's weaponry. At some point, that dynamic changed and Cobra bought them out. When, and why will be interesting to see.

Dangerjoe
12-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Considering they are on the run, I don't see them doing alot of PT. SE has pretty much taken to given them some training.

“Also, the figure was supposed to be the movie line Rock ‘n’ Roll but they had to change the name due to copyright issues. Since they are now going into international territories with these figures the names have to clear internationally. So Rock ‘n’ Roll wasn’t available somewhere and had to be changed. Rather than just slap a new name on the figure they changed the character completely with a new bio, specialty and codename. Unfortunately the Craig McConnel file name is an error on the card that got missed when it was produced.”

General Hawk
12-27-2010, 08:21 PM
The great thing about Renegades is that the production team and the writers seem to be so in tune with what the long time fans want... it's not even the big things, it's all the little things.

- Roadblock instead of Heavy Duty
- Jinx instead of Kamakura
- Stalker instead of...well... almost any jungle Joe
- Killing off Ripcord

These guys really seem to have their fingers on the pulse of what Joefans want to see and are able to balance that with good storytelling and with not writing "over the head" of new fans either.

It's such a delicate balance that they seem to have a great handle on.

I really can't wait to see how they tackle Destro.

Justin

Unclassified
12-27-2010, 08:23 PM
The great thing about Renegades is that the production team and the writers seem to be so in tune with what the long time fans want... it's not even the big things, it's all the little things.

- Roadblock instead of Heavy Duty
- Jinx instead of Kamakura
- Stalker instead of...well... almost any jungle Joe
- Killing off Ripcord

These guys really seem to have their fingers on the pulse of what Joefans want to see and are able to balance that with good storytelling and with not writing "over the head" of new fans either.

It's such a delicate balance that they seem to have a great handle on.

I really can't wait to see how they tackle Destro.

Justin

i agree man..

Unclassified
12-27-2010, 08:24 PM
are these up on youtube yet??

Professor Skull
12-27-2010, 09:07 PM
I loved these two episodes, but I have been a sucker for the entire series so far. Watched these two today on Youtube. I caught a lot of the references that everyone else has thrown out. One thing that I noticed that I have not seen mentioned yet is the scene with the delivery guys that take Duke's mom and dad hostage. Their hates read ASP... a little nod to the old days. Great series so far.

kneroh
12-27-2010, 09:11 PM
All I know is that Destro better not have anything to do with that iron grenadier shit. Fuck those guys.

Tuskegee Joe
12-27-2010, 09:56 PM
I'm enjoying what i'm seeing...I liked all the US Army flashbacks, that gives a military feel...

Echo7solo raised an excellent question closely related to the "military feel." For over 25 years he's been trying to figure out "Why are Crimson Guards so cool?" Echo7solo seemed to subconciously answer his own question, by comparing the CG dress uniform to the Viper uniform. He argued how the Viper uniforms are more tactical, yet CG's simple dress uniform simply looks better.

Simple military uniforms literally & visually convey uniformity. (looks really sharp, too, when army-building toy soldiers in any scale). The toon team does a VERY SUPERB JOB constantly illustrating that military uniform(ity). From the "Springfield 4 newsflash" showing Joes in standard uniform, to the "Flint flashback" of him, Hawk, & Hildalgo in standard uniform; these are all fine examples of Hub's frequent use of that military uniform(ed) look + feel. Hasbro now has the ball in their court. Hasbro holds in their hands these very same sharp uniform designs. Hasbro can etch these deeper layers of military realism in our beloved Joe figures...

I'd love to see in Toy Fair 2011 different Joe heads snapped-on (Hawk's) standard uniform body. Even if its just for display purposes only; demonstrating to retailers the figures' possibilities + versatality. I'd love to see Flint's head snapped-on a standard uniform. That'll definately make for one of Flint's most unique figures. "Standard Flint" can even include a small toon detail; like an opening-box holding Duke's medal (sculpted & tampo-printed in that box). Such detailed toys can then keep-up with this exciting new cartoon's EXCELLENT military uniform(ed) look & feel...

Monkeywrench
12-27-2010, 10:14 PM
I have a feeling Storm Shadows outfit will change now that he's part of Cobra....perhaps the traditional look and HOPEFULLY a a Cobra emblem to the top left corner. Would be a good time for it. I agree, he looks like a homeless mummy.

I said earlier that I hope this happens. I really hope it does

Monkeywrench
12-27-2010, 10:18 PM

I really hope so. I can't wait for destro

MeLikeJinx
12-28-2010, 01:42 AM
I finally got to watch it! It was on my DVR for so long and I was dying inside not being able to watch it. LOL.

Damn... these back to back Christmas episode were so much fun! Loved the realistic flashbacks, loved Duke's family, loved that Flint seems to have more depth to him now. Loved all the action on the train and the ending where SS joins Cobra.

And even thought I miss Jinx, it was so nice to get away from the Ninja stuff and back to the story. Only sad thing about back to back eps though, is looks like next week will probably be a rerun I think.

"Stalker1"?!? We just saw Stalker!
I didn't even catch that! That's so cool he was in the chopper with Lady Jaye.

BIG props for using the Sunbow Duke and Scarlett as Duke's parents.
I got all emotional when I heard old school Duke & Scarlett's aged voices. LOL.

Little brother Vince - Falcon
Private Skoog - Tripwire (The soldier Duke saved from the land mine.)
Caught the Falcon reference right away, but totally missed Tripwire. That's cool! Not as cool as Stalker though. LOL.

RenHoek
12-28-2010, 04:50 AM

Yeah, but Stalker appeared in a flashback fighting during the same time as Duke. He didn't look that old, and Duke definitely isn't old enough either.

Troynos
12-28-2010, 10:01 AM
I could really see Stalker and Skoog showing up as part of Flint's team. Flint, knowing that something isn't right, starts assembling a group of people that had worked with/encountered Duke. People he knows won't "shoot first/ask questions later" when they confront the Renegades.

MFJayman
12-28-2010, 12:10 PM
Yeah, but Stalker appeared in a flashback fighting during the same time as Duke. He didn't look that old, and Duke definitely isn't old enough either.

True. That flashback was clearly pretty recent, maybe a few years back. I suppose Stalker could have been in his mid- to late-thirties, and Duke 19 or 20. Though their ages are actually probably much closer.

Still, if there was an older unit of soldiers that had a fair share of encounters with Cobra, it could be a good way of showcasing some characters that might otherwise be left out, especially many of those '82 Joes like Clutch, Steeler, Zap, etc. To me, most of the Joes from '82 always kind of felt like an earlier generation of Joes than those that came out just a few years later. Oh, and perhaps Hawk was for the old team what Duke is for the new.

I think it'd be cool to see a bunch of these "older Joes" rally back together at some critical point and come to the aide of the new, younger Joe team. Perhaps the new team (Team Duke) is able to expose Cobra in a way the old team (Team Hawk?) had tried to do, but failed, and so now the older guys (i.e. Stalker, Clutch, Zap, R&R, etc..) see an opportunity to finish what they started in the fight against Cobra.

Monkeywrench
12-28-2010, 06:02 PM
I really hope Stalker joins the team

Night Viper 143
12-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Me too, Stalker is my all time fav.

I think Duke will be able to call in a favor from Skoog before Flint would hire him.

Stalker would probably be picked up by Flint first. Stalker could have been an E5 or E6 to Dukes PFC in that flashback. That could make him as young as mid to late twenties, if he didn't miss any promotions. He is definitely capable of still being in the loop.

Monkeywrench
12-29-2010, 12:22 AM
I posted reviews and episode synopsis for Episodes 6 & 7! Plenty of video and a recap of these awesome episodes.

Episode Six – Homecoming (Part 1) | G.I. Joe: Renegades (http://generalsjoes.com/renegades/episode-guide/season-one/episode-six-homecoming-part-1/)

Episode Seven – Homecoming (Part 2) | G.I. Joe: Renegades (http://generalsjoes.com/renegades/episode-guide/season-one/episode-seven-homecoming-part-2/)

Enjoy!

Great job as always

Trooper13
12-29-2010, 10:11 AM
I could really see Stalker and Skoog showing up as part of Flint's team. Flint, knowing that something isn't right, starts assembling a group of people that had worked with/encountered Duke. People he knows won't "shoot first/ask questions later" when they confront the Renegades.

Good point. I could also see them all being called in should Duke ever face Court Martial for this. Skoog would make a good character witness for Duke, Stalker for the prosecuting adjudant. I'd think this, if it happens, would be at the end of the "Renegades" arc. This would set them up for being around when the official Joe unit gets created.