PDA

View Full Version : References in other 80's toons!

SparkyMan
12-22-2010, 07:13 PM
So I remember a few things that made G.I. Joe a universal thing:

1.Marissa Faireborn
In transformers she appeared for three episodes, her father was voiced by the actor who voiced flint and suspiciously looks like him.
It is said that this is meant to be lady jaye and flint's daughter.

2. Wayne "Checkpoint" Sneeden III
In C.O.P.S n' Crooks, this guy is named Wayne Sneeden III, and it is stated that his father was in a top secret army team, this is thought to be Beachhead's son.

3. Old Snake
This is the name of an arms dealer in transformers, voiced by chris latta, traces of a blue uniform under his coat, We know he is the cobra commander, he even tries to yell Cobra and Sells Synthoids.

azoric
12-22-2010, 08:29 PM
don't foreget about all the different shows "Hector Ramirez" appeared in

RolandofGilead
12-22-2010, 08:41 PM
So I remember a few things that made G.I. Joe a universal thing:

1.Marissa Faireborn
In transformers she appeared for three episodes, her father was voiced by the actor who voiced flint and suspiciously looks like him.
It is said that this is meant to be lady jaye and flint's daughter.

I don't remember this at all. Strange.

Shogi
12-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Yeah I was surprised at the different toons Hector was in. Here's a list of many different crossover things from the Sunbow cartoons:

TFArchive - Transformers Creative Section (http://www.tfarchive.com/creative/showentry.php?s=584)

cl1ff53c0rd
12-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Old Snake deserves a figure in some kinda short lived "HASBRO '80's CARTOON CROSSOVER Collection" get a little creative HASBRO...

SparkyMan
12-22-2010, 10:51 PM
HAs someone made a custom of hector ramirez?

GrimReaper957
12-22-2010, 10:54 PM
HAs someone made a custom of hector ramirez?

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-customs-finished-projects/77744-hector-ramirez-shogi.html

SparkyMan
12-22-2010, 11:02 PM
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-customs-finished-projects/77744-hector-ramirez-shogi.html

NEAT!!! Thanks Pal!!

GrimReaper957
12-22-2010, 11:03 PM
NEAT!!! Thanks Pal!!

Your welcome and that's what tankers are for

SparkyMan
12-22-2010, 11:04 PM
I've seen old snake customs, but did anyone ever try making marissa?

arthurdent
12-22-2010, 11:15 PM
also, in the 80s' godzilla cartoon, featuring a man-sized godzooki who can call godzilla, the characters land on a island populated by a blue-clad military force... One of the characters says he's heard of them, a group called Cobra! Cobra discovers them there, then godzilla comes in and stomps on cobra, winding up with godzilla grabbing their nuclear reactor, pulling it out of the ground, and throwing it into the sea!

atomsmasher
12-22-2010, 11:24 PM
GI Joe in the 80's With Quick Kick and his Girl Amber. I love it when a plan comes together.

ILuvCoverGirl
12-22-2010, 11:44 PM
I don't remember what episode (I think it may have been Cold Slither), but the Joes in the R and R room are watching Spiderman - it may have even been Spiderman and his Amazing Friends.

TK1945
12-22-2010, 11:45 PM
also, in the 80s' godzilla cartoon, featuring a man-sized godzooki who can call godzilla, the characters land on a island populated by a blue-clad military force... One of the characters says he's heard of them, a group called Cobra! Cobra discovers them there, then godzilla comes in and stomps on cobra, winding up with godzilla grabbing their nuclear reactor, pulling it out of the ground, and throwing it into the sea!

I used to watch Godzilla but I don't remember seeing this one. cool!

jcast
12-23-2010, 12:15 AM
I don't remember what episode (I think it may have been Cold Slither), but the Joes in the R and R room are watching Spiderman - it may have even been Spiderman and his Amazing Friends.

I think that Cover Girl was playing a Spider Man video game.

Shogi
12-23-2010, 12:36 AM
I think that Cover Girl was playing a Spider Man video game.

JoeToonArchive.com - Joes and Cobras/Joe Rec Room (http://www.joetoonarchive.com/displayimage.php?album=17&pos=77)

She's eating popcorn or something, it's from the episode "20 Questions" Featuring Hector himself.

As for the Hector custom I did, Hasbro could totally make that figure. It uses a Star Wars head Indy Torso and legs and Indy Sr. Arms and jacket. The only part I sculpted/modified at all was the moustache