PDA

View Full Version : Full Battle Mask/Helmet Cobra Commander By End Of GI Joe Renegades Season 1?

Shin Densetsu
12-20-2010, 10:49 AM
Those of you who watched Transformers Animated through it's completion, know that Megatron was reformatted by the end of season 1. It took the whole season, but it was well paced, and well worth the wait. The toy is great, one of the best Megartron toys in the line, and one of the best Megatrons made within the past few years. For most of season 1...Megatron was just...a head. Literally.

Now with Renegades we have barely seen Cobra Commander, and like Megatron in TF Animated season 1, so far he is limited to limited appearances. Notably his battle mask is not complete. Must be for a reason other than to just "look different to look cool".

I get the feeling that we will see a complete battle mask by the end of season 1. Not IDW style without a helmet component, but with helmet and full "face-less" mask. Maybe in seasons afterwards we'll see the iconic hood, or better yet, something akin to the bad ass Sigma 6 design which combined both elements.

Thoughts?

Freedom
12-20-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm sure his uniform will evolve into something more recognizeable. The current mask really makes no sense to me other than to cover part of his face yet reveal enough to show he's disfigured in some way or not completely human.

GrimReaper957
12-20-2010, 10:53 AM
I like that idea shin

kennywr22
12-20-2010, 11:04 AM
It's already confirmed by the designer that he does have a full helmet along with his current look.yo ucan see a pic of it on the renegades tatics game at hubworld.com. it looks very cool.

http://www.google.com/m/search?site=images&source=mog&hl=en&gl=us&client=ms-android-verizon&q=gi%20joe%20renegades#i=57

Shin Densetsu
12-20-2010, 11:19 AM
It's already confirmed by the designer that he does have a full helmet along with his current look.yo ucan see a pic of it on the renegades tatics game at hubworld.com. it looks very cool.

*snip*

The one on Hubworld has a full mask but not so much helmet...I mean like...maybe we'll see a more "familiar" look by end of season 1.

CliffSteele
12-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Take a closer look at the Tactics picture. Look toward the edge his helmet. I hate to be the bearer of bad news and I HOPE I'M WRONG but it looks like a little sliver of green skin there. :( I don't like alien/scarred/"freakish" Cobra Commander. I like human, used car salesman, way too eloquently spoken Cobra Commander.

dmizrok
12-20-2010, 02:59 PM
In one of the episodes, either Breaker or Mindbender mention Reptilian DNA.... =(

ero
12-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Don't think he'll ever be sporting a helmet like the ARAH version. I think the modern CC in some form of chrome dome is what we're going to be seeing for a while. Not that I'm complaining, just saying.

kennywr22
12-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Well all I know is Clement confirmed that was the full helmet version in that picture and since he designed it, I tend to believe it.

Trooper13
12-20-2010, 05:30 PM
I actually really like the partial mask. It's different, and kind of creepy.

kennywr22
12-20-2010, 05:35 PM
Yeah. I like it too. It does have a creepy feel to it.

Trooper13
12-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Yeah. I like it too. It does have a creepy feel to it.

Actually, Did Clem design his entire look for this show? I have to say I think it's inspired. His long field jacket, tall boots, and bloused pants remind me of an old British Officers uniform from the World War I/II era. It's very classy, but also no nonsense. If you talk to him pass on my compliments. I think the entire thing, from the mask, to the uniform are brilliant. I hope we get a figure of it.

kennywr22
12-20-2010, 05:55 PM
I believe he designed all the characters. Not sure on vehicles. Have to get him to clarify, but I agree. I love the character designs, including ss.

Trooper13
12-20-2010, 06:07 PM
I believe he designed all the characters. Not sure on vehicles. Have to get him to clarify, but I agree. I love the character designs, including ss.

I gotta say I'm not huge on SS, but then again I really don't care for the ninja's anyhow so it's no surprise. I LOVE Jinx's design, though. The Blue and Greenshirts look great. Can't wait for Destro, to make his appearance, either.

Big IV
12-20-2010, 06:19 PM
I think he's not interacted with any other character where he has shown his face. Why wear a full helmet or mask when he is alone? I am sure when he meets "face to face" with someone he'll look more familiar even if slightly new and different.

kennywr22
12-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Yes, destro is looking very cool. I'm dying for zartan, have about four more weeks to wait.

Trooper13
12-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Yes, destro is looking very cool. I'm dying for zartan, have about four more weeks to wait.

Have we seen ANYTHING for Zartan, yet?

kennywr22
12-20-2010, 06:29 PM
No! Nothing, and its killing me!!!!

MFJayman
12-20-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm wondering if the full impact CC reveal won't happen until very late in the season. I thought that perhaps one or more Joes might be captured and brought into Cobra HQ, and brought face to face with CC, allowing the viewers an intimate look at Cobra Central, and an up-close intro to CC in all his ostentatious glory.

Monkeywrench
12-21-2010, 01:40 AM
I hope so

cobracommanderiv
04-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Take a closer look at the Tactics picture. Look toward the edge his helmet. I hate to be the bearer of bad news and I HOPE I'M WRONG but it looks like a little sliver of green skin there. :( I don't like alien/scarred/"freakish" Cobra Commander. I like human, used car salesman, way too eloquently spoken Cobra Commander.

I think your on meth....I looked at that pic and all I saw was a full mask and a red scarf covering his neck. What 'sliver' of green skin...? Meh.

corporal_kadmon
04-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I thought they were gonna get at the reptilian DNA thing. Cobra Commander does not look fully human in this at all.