PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe Renegades Episode 5 - Return Of The Arashikage Part 2 Discussion

Shin Densetsu
12-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Discuss! Will Snake Eyes defeat Storm Shadow? What will be revealed about their intertwined past? Will Storm Shadow's costume get changes?

Echo7Solo
12-17-2010, 05:14 PM
it comes on in about 17 minutes here and I'm ready to watch this one. Rewatching last weeks now.

CVdelgado
12-17-2010, 05:28 PM
it comes on in about 17 minutes here and I'm ready to watch this one. Rewatching last weeks now.

i liked the new dukes, and daisy too!

CVdelgado
12-17-2010, 05:29 PM
someone get this up on you tube quick so my son and i can watch!

Echo7Solo
12-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Opening was tight. Made me like Roadblock more. Plus it proved me right about the darts and SE building up an immunity to the "poison"

Echo7Solo
12-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Storm Shadow with the bow FTW!

CliffSteele
12-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Damn, I hate snakes! :)

RenHoek
12-17-2010, 05:44 PM
One criticism: How does Jinx jump so high? Otherwise, this is one of my favorite episodes so far.

Echo7Solo
12-17-2010, 06:01 PM
ok, one thing I didn't like about this one was what was up with the magic expanding chain on that ninja weapon? Other than that it was pretty cool.

crock master
12-17-2010, 06:02 PM
eh , get on with the story

RolandofGilead
12-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Another Friday, another new GI Joe cartoon. How cool is that?

Zefram
12-17-2010, 06:05 PM
ok, one thing I didn't like about this one was what was up with the magic expanding chain on that ninja weapon? Other than that it was pretty cool.

I noticed that, but it was pretty minor (watch how often Unicron changes scale in the last 20min of the Trans movie).

You called it on the poison immunity. Interesting how they employed the battlefield trach as a Chekhov's Skill (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ptitle1b1m5fiycpie?from=Main.ChekhovsSkill).

Was a nice SE/SS ep, but again, I think it could have waited until later in the series. Previews for next week look interesting. Looks like this is where Michael Bell gets his cameo.

RenHoek
12-17-2010, 06:09 PM
This is my favorite episode so far. A good portion of story and action. The question is, if neither SS or SE killed Hard Master, then who poisined him?

RolandofGilead
12-17-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm going to guess this guy:

http://www.myuselessknowledge.com/joe/characters/zartan.gif

crock master
12-17-2010, 06:14 PM
this reminds me of hearing the same story from 5 differnt people. it gets to where you hear the same story over and over with diff outcomes making it not all that entertaining.

RenHoek
12-17-2010, 06:18 PM
this reminds me of hearing the same story from 5 differnt people. it gets to where you hear the same story over and over with diff outcomes making it not all that entertaining.

Okay, you can't pay attention to stories longer than 1 minute without getting bored. We get it. Sheesh.

Black Swan
12-17-2010, 06:23 PM
Dang I missed it and forgot DVR it to boot! I hope I remember to watch the replay tonight.

Echo7Solo
12-17-2010, 06:23 PM
Ok, so I'm in a position I never thought I would be in. I'm liking the ninjas in GI Joe again. Having said that please Hasbro/Hub do not push it. This is a thin line we are walking on here so please do not cross it. It can get out of hand real quick once it is crossed. Having said that I like Roadblock more now. It is nice to have another Mississippi boy around. I'm also not sure if the animation and art is getting better or just growing on me but there were some things that stood out that I liked a lot. The expanding chain was not one of them. Scarlett's expressions was.

Now on to Storm Shadow. He and Flint were my two favorites as a kid and once again I like them the most in this. This is the best Storm Shadow I've seen outside of the first few years of the Marvel run. He is bad at the very core of his soul but still has a sense of honor. The fact that he wishes to protect Kim/Jinx says a lot. He also cared enough about The Hard Master to want to avenge him. I'm wondering where they are going with this but do like it a lot.

What I would like to see is a flash back to a conversation between The Hard Master and Storm Shadow where they discuss the future of the Arashikage. It would be cool to see The Hard Master tell Storm Shadow of his plans to change in an effort to change him. Jinx said Storm Shadow wanted to be The Hard Master so the change would come as a shock to him. Where I could see him rejecting the idea once his Uncle was gone I wouldn't be shocked if he considered it. I also wouldn't be shocked if Storm Shadow had calmed down and was going to tell The Hard Master that he would follow his lead. At that point seeing Snake Eyes over his fallen Master.

braxthunder
12-17-2010, 06:45 PM
I missed it!

I'm in Jamaica until the 27th....well my son discovered that the resort had the Hub (still Discovery Kids). YES!

We eat, kick our feet back, watched ep 4 and waited for episode 5....then my wife says we need to head out to get groceries before dark....Damn, Damn, DAMN... Who needs to eat when Joe is on? Hey, my wife might secretly work for Cobra Industries..hummmm!

Anyway, ok so I missed Renegades but I'll be fine. It'll be on-line soon, dvr set at home, and recording directly to dvd. I'm good. I'll stay up to watch the 11:30 ep. I've become a Renegades junkie!

YO JOE!

Still pissed!

D00MTR0N
12-17-2010, 06:48 PM
will anyone be able to link it when its up?i dont get the hub:(

Echo7Solo
12-17-2010, 06:50 PM
shouldn't be much longer Doom. Keep checking youtube. I'm guessing in the next 30 minutes or so.

SNAKE EYES
12-17-2010, 06:51 PM
will anyone be able to link it when its up?i dont get the hub:(

Check here it will be posted here when it's available:

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-renegades-animation-discussion/91812-official-gi-joe-renegades-torrents-episode-downloads-youtube-thread.html

If you have Comcast then call them and ask them why it's not in your plan especially if you have an HD package then you should have the hub.

If your afraid to call then have your wife call :D

kennywr22
12-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Wow.another great episode.I'm really liking ss, including his outfit. Great fight and interesting take on killing the hard master.still hope its zartan.surprised at the amount of violence they are showing, great stuff.5 for 5!

D00MTR0N
12-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Check here it will be posted here when it's available:

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-renegades-animation-discussion/91812-official-gi-joe-renegades-torrents-episode-downloads-youtube-thread.html

If you have Comcast then call them and ask them why it's not in your plan especially if you have an HD package then you should have the hub.

If your afraid to call then have your wife call :D
more like lazy :D,plus i will look like a nerd saying *oh honey can you please call the cable company and ask them whats up with the cartoon channel/hub not being up?*

D00MTR0N
12-17-2010, 07:03 PM
shouldn't be much longer Doom. Keep checking youtube. I'm guessing in the next 30 minutes or so.
thanks echo,btw,what happened to lantern?

General Hawk
12-17-2010, 07:03 PM
Woow.

I'm so conflicted. I really grew tired of the ninja angle in the old Marvel days, but this was a great, fun, action-packed episode.

I do agree with Echo, though, I really hope they don't push it.

I was surprised that they didn't show Snake Eyes disfigurement (if he is disfigured) but on the other hand, I'm happy they kept some sense of mystery, or maybe plan on something happening later on in the series.

The Jinx twist was a great swerve, too. I'm sure we'll see her crop up again later on.

Good stuff.

Justin

Echo7Solo
12-17-2010, 07:05 PM
just changed it for a bit. Episode 5 still isn't up on youtube.

D00MTR0N
12-17-2010, 07:06 PM
just changed it for a bit. Episode 5 still isn't up on youtube.
i c,the dudes in your sig,arent they the later dukes of hazard guys?

Black Swan
12-17-2010, 07:08 PM
i c,the dudes in your sig,arent they the later dukes of hazard guys?

Vance and Coy, I reckon. The Duke cousins.

Echo7Solo
12-17-2010, 07:08 PM
yep Doom it's Vance and Coy Duke.

Justin, are you loading Episode 5 on youtube?

SNAKE EYES
12-17-2010, 07:10 PM
more like lazy :D,plus i will look like a nerd saying *oh honey can you please call the cable company and ask them whats up with the cartoon channel/hub not being up?*

But she already knows of your numerous toy addictions so there is no shame in asking her to call :D

D00MTR0N
12-17-2010, 07:11 PM
But she already knows of your numerous toy addictions so there is no shame in asking her to call :D
you got a point there

kneroh
12-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Michael Bell and B.J. Ward as Duke's parents. I love a good Christmas reunion!

I noticed that, but it was pretty minor (watch how often Unicron changes scale in the last 20min of the Trans movie).

You called it on the poison immunity. Interesting how they employed the battlefield trach as a Chekhov's Skill (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ptitle1b1m5fiycpie?from=Main.ChekhovsSkill).

Was a nice SE/SS ep, but again, I think it could have waited until later in the series. Previews for next week look interesting. Looks like this is where Michael Bell gets his cameo.

Monkeywrench
12-17-2010, 07:33 PM
I just got done watching episode 5 and here is my thoughts:

Loved the opening. SE fighting off the poison and saving the Joes was very cool. Duke trying to be the tough guy and SE doing what he wants.

The action was nice but nothing too crazy. The battle between SE and SS was cool with the lightning and falling into the water and such but it could have been better.

I liked how the joes were always involved but never involved lol. The way that they were around tracking the ninjas was cool. Duke saving SE at the end was cool.

Jinx. Wow! I did not see that coming. I didn't think she would pick SS over SE. A very cool twist but you can totally tell that in the end she will come around to SE.

Hard Master's death. The poison angle is nice. I wonder when were going to find out who. Hopefully when Zartan shows up he's older so that when the Hard Master died he wasn't a child.

I was hoping SS was going back to the clan and then getting a new wardrobe. The hair and nose sticking out is very funny looking.

Duke finally accepting SE and making him part of the team was a nice touch at the end. I can't wait for next weeks show.

Trooper13
12-17-2010, 07:47 PM
Hmmm...other then the super ninja log rolling contest I gotta say that was just about perfect.

The ninjas...

A similar, but different spin on the entire mythos. SE, a rengade himself. Jinx, and SS both under the false impression that he's guilty. I like the fact that they found a way to make SS an evil assassin, yet give him depth. He cares deeply for what he believes is the true Arashikage path, and loves his family. Jinx has chosen SS, but is redeemable in the end, when the truth comes out. A new take on the Hard Master's murder, and both the characters and we are left with more questions. Awesome.

The Joes...

Wow, Scarlet and Jinx have both got a thing for SE, and possibly for Duke. I like the fact that they reeeaaallllyyy don't get along.

Nice to see Duke finally has a reason to trust SE, and has accepted him. I love that we're seeing everything from the ground up.

Poor TR. He and Roadblock are some of the best written examples of soldiers in this series. TR ALWAYS comes through. Knows his job extremely well. Yet never gets thanked. Perfect portrayal of a PFC. Roadblock is well grounded, dependable, always thinks of his fellow soldiers first. A great example of what makes Corporals so special. Can't wait to see this team grow in future seasons, and maybe watch RB take on squad of his own.

Again. As much as I hate the overdone ninja aspect of Joe, and it's definitely still here. I really, really dig this take on Joe.

As an aside. One of the best things about this series already seems to be it's economic use of characters. So now we have 3 hunters on our teams tale. Cobra, Flint, and Storm Shadow. We saw nothing of Cobra and Flint this time around, and I think that's perfect. This should go far in keeping things from getting stale.

I'm very happy with this show. I love it. My kids love it. My GIRLFRIEND loves it. That says alot. It's nice to be able to share something from my childhood with my entire family. I hope this takes off. This is a good take on Joe.

Echo7Solo
12-17-2010, 07:48 PM
yep, pretty cool stuff. I'm not sure if I want it to be Zartan or not. The thing is he used poison so that just doesn't seem like the Zartan thing to do.

Monkeywrench
12-17-2010, 07:51 PM
A similar, but different spin on the entire mythos. SE, a rengade himself. Jinx, and SS both under the false impression that he's guilty. I like the fact that they found a way to make SS an evil assassin, yet give him depth. He cares deeply for what he believes is the true Arashikage path, and loves his family. Jinx has chosen SS, but is redeemable in the end, when the truth comes out. A new take on the Hard Master's murder, and both the characters and we are left with more questions. Awesome.

I completely agree

RenHoek
12-17-2010, 07:55 PM
So, did anyone else chuckle when Tunnel Rat yelled Olly Olly oxen free? Just me?

D00MTR0N
12-17-2010, 07:56 PM
dang,it still aint up

Trooper13
12-17-2010, 07:59 PM
So, did anyone else chuckle when Tunnel Rat yelled Olly Olly oxen free? Just me?

Yup, and I loved that he called SS's uniform his "jammies". lol

Shimaneboy
12-17-2010, 08:01 PM
WOW. I was very impressed by this episode. The action, story telling, suspense...it was all just perfect. I love the new twist on how the Hard Master dies. The fighting sequences were very nicely done. This series just keeps getting better and better. I am so excited to see the next episode. I feel like a kid again. I hope they can keep the vibe and feel of this show going the way it is. I didn't think I would be, but now I am very excited for Renegades toys. I really hope they release the Hard Master and young SS, SE, Jinx, etc. I am also impressed with their pronunciation of Arashikage. Especially the Hard Master's. His is perfect. He also speaks a bit of Japanese in this episode and his pronunciation is great! I am lovin' this series!!!!!

MeLikeJinx
12-17-2010, 08:05 PM
VERY disappointed in Jinx! (lol) HOW DARE YOU CHOOSE SS over SE! You betta check yo-self before you wreck yo-self!

SE needs to learn how to write letters or draw pictures... this explaining complex situations with simple hand gestures is not working. LOL.

I bet the next time we see Jinx she will be wearing a mask and be in full-on ninja getup.

Jay West
12-17-2010, 08:12 PM
eh , get on with the story Don't you hate this show? I thought I had seen you post that. Why would you care if they get on with the story? Maybe I have you confused with someone if so, sorry.

Trooper13
12-17-2010, 08:12 PM
VERY disappointed in Jinx! (lol) HOW DARE YOU CHOOSE SS over SE! You betta check yo-self before you wreck yo-self!

SE needs to learn how to write letters or draw pictures... this explaining complex situations with simple hand gestures is not working. LOL.

I bet the next time we see Jinx she will be wearing a mask and be in full-on ninja getup.

I'm really enjoying this take on her. I love the fact that she is the head of the clan, and I wonder how that is all going to play out. Sooooo much potential here. This cartoon has very adult themes layered in. It's really awesome. I really want a cloaked Jinx figure from ep 4, complete with the sword of the Arashikage....and I don't even like ninjas. lol

HobbyHobbs
12-17-2010, 08:24 PM
I miss the Bio-Vipers :(.

Now that my trolling message is done, I really like this show now. I like how things are evolving instead of spinning in circles. I'm still not sold on a chubby Roadblock though. A chubby soldier period.

But I hope the Ninja stuff stays in the background of the story, popping up for flavor. Instead of being the meat and potatoes of GI Joe: Renegades.

Jay West
12-17-2010, 08:29 PM
So now we have 3 hunters on our teams tale. Cobra, Flint, and Storm Shadow. We saw nothing of Cobra and Flint this time around, and I think that's perfect. This should go far in keeping things from getting stale.

That's a great point. Several fans for years have been asking for different antagonists for the Joes. I think if you had cornered me previous to this show I would have said maybe Cobra, The Red Shadows, and maybe the IG's. I would never have thought of Team Flint, the Arashikage, and Cobra - but I like it.

Trooper13
12-17-2010, 08:35 PM
That's a great point. Several fans for years have been asking for different antagonists for the Joes. I think if you had cornered me previous to this show I would have said maybe Cobra, The Red Shadows, and maybe the IG's. I would never have thought of Team Flint, the Arashikage, and Cobra - but I like it.

Cool thing is, once Team Flint is brought on board, and The Arashikage storyline is resolved, they can be replaced with the Red Shadows, and the IG. We already know that Destro and the Commander will be at odds. So the IG is a no brainer. I think the Red Shadows would be an awesome addition, even if just as a recurring supporting cast of villians. As they aren't US based, it'd make sense to only have them around once or twice a season. I really hope the quality of writing on this series continues. The team should be really proud.

Monkeywrench
12-17-2010, 08:37 PM
I noticed that they referred to themselves as Joes at least twice maybe even three times

Zefram
12-17-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm still not sold on a chubby Roadblock though. A chubby soldier period.

YouTube - fat army guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_r_-wdGXKM&feature=related)

YouTube - army strong (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR-dVwRM6xs)

; )

Echo7Solo
12-17-2010, 08:46 PM
don't forget John Candy from Stripes

General Hawk
12-17-2010, 08:57 PM
yep Doom it's Vance and Coy Duke.

Justin, are you loading Episode 5 on youtube?

I don't typically load the complete episodes, no...I generally put up some clips to compliment the episode synopsis and review.

I am working on that at the moment.

General Hawk
12-17-2010, 09:04 PM

Yeah, I really love how they're tackling this part of it. They keep the essence of the storyline intact, but change enough to continue making it interesting, and continue keeping you guessing.

We still don't know what really happened to the Hard Master, we still don't know if Snake Eyes is truly disfigured...

I think it's great that they keep all of these allegiances separate in a way. It will be very interesting to see if it all ties together somehow. I mean, from day one Storm Shadow has been a "Cobra Ninja", so you have to wonder...do they somehow try to tie him into Cobra down the line? If so, how?

For the first time in a long time I feel like Storm Shadow is a real credible, conflicted character. Not brainwashed, not super evil with absolutely zero moral compass... he is truly a conflicted personality with some darkness in him, and you have to wonder if he will get any redemption. Great stuff for a kid's cartoon.

As an added bonus...the episode was directed by Kevin Altieri, who is one of my all time favorite directors from Batman: The Animated Series. In fact, this episode really reminded me of the awesome B:TAS episode "Night of the Ninja" that he directed. A very cool, dramatic aesthetic.

Justin

Monkeywrench
12-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Just saw a promo for next week. Looks like SS returns to fight SE. This time there fighting on top of a train. Theres also a Santa with a laser.....

Monkeywrench
12-17-2010, 09:12 PM
SE also kicks the shit out of a ice viper/snow serpent?

Trooper13
12-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Duke lives in one strange assed midwestern town. lol

Monkeywrench
12-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Duke lives in one strange assed midwestern town. lol

lol. i'm watching the promo over and over. I'm thinking that the santa is really roadblock and the 2 elfs are scralett and TR. Theres also a chick on the train helping SS. It's hard to tell if it's baroness, jinx in a new outfit or somebody new.

kennywr22
12-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Ice viper!!!! Must see this clip again...

Monkeywrench
12-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Ice viper!!!! Must see this clip again...

did u see it? who is the chick on the train? Jinx?

kennywr22
12-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Just saw it once. Need to see it again.I'm guessing this is when ss joins cobra.

Jmacq1
12-17-2010, 09:46 PM
did u see it? who is the chick on the train? Jinx?

Pretty sure it's the Baroness in the "combat gear" they showed a design for some time back (Joecon?)

I'd bet she either persuades Storm Shadow to join Cobra so they can "help" him bring Snake-Eyes to justice, or he's already involved with Cobra and (as in he movie) Baroness is one of his students.

My guess for the Hard Master's real killer: Firefly. (Semi-random, and could just as easily be Zartan, but Firefly doing it directly would be another interesting shake-up).

Monkeywrench
12-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Pretty sure it's the Baroness in the "combat gear" they showed a design for some time back (Joecon?)

I'd bet she either persuades Storm Shadow to join Cobra so they can "help" him bring Snake-Eyes to justice, or he's already involved with Cobra and (as in he movie) Baroness is one of his students.

It somewhat looks like the baroness. It seems like she threw a fireball? at SE's back while he was fighting SS.

atomsmasher
12-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Well I like the story advancement and the fact that so far Jinx and Breaker have opened the doors to an ever expanding world to take place once Cobra is confirmed as the bad guy. I'm still excited but didn't like how skinny and small Storm Shadow appeared to be to Snakes. I miss seeing spirit and him fight.

Trooper13
12-17-2010, 09:59 PM
lol. i'm watching the promo over and over. I'm thinking that the santa is really roadblock and the 2 elfs are scralett and TR.

Possibly the greatest thing I've ever read. I can't wait!!!

Monkeywrench
12-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Possibly the greatest thing I've ever read. I can't wait!!!

haha. Theres a real quick glimpse of some Cobra Troopers shooting at Santa and 2 elfs and then SE jumps them from behind.

kennywr22
12-17-2010, 10:09 PM
Saw the trailer again. Looks like baroness on the train.what I love about it is the fact that there were cobra troopers and not Bio vipers shooting at the Joe's! Yes! Looks like it is gonna be a awesome two parter.

Trooper13
12-17-2010, 10:12 PM
haha. Theres a real quick glimpse of some Cobra Troopers shooting at Santa and 2 elfs and then SE jumps them from behind.

Saw the trailer again. Looks like baroness on the train.what I love about it is the fact that there were cobra troopers and not Bio vipers shooting at the Joe's! Yes! Looks like it is gonna be a awesome two patter.

Love it! Can't wait til the preview is online. This show keeps getting better and better.

Monkeywrench
12-17-2010, 10:12 PM
Saw the trailer again. Looks like baroness on the train.what I love about it is the fact that there were cobra troopers and not Bio vipers shooting at the Joe's! Yes! Looks like it is gonna be a awesome two patter.

I agree. Hopefully the Bio Vipers will stay away

Zefram
12-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Hopefully the Bio Vipers will stay away

Optimistic Tanker is optimistic. >_>;

Gatchaman
12-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Don't have much input other than to say it was another great episode. I liked that they explained how SE was able to fight off the effects of the darts. Also I was surprised by how adult/violent this show is which is a good thing. It’s not too bad that my son can't watch and yet adult enough to get the grownups excited. Very cool.

Hate taping it on the DVR because I always miss the previews for the next show. Oh well.

skrapps
12-17-2010, 10:27 PM
I really cannot stand the design / look of renegades storm shadow. i mean seriously, who the hell okayed this? hopefully this is before he joins cobra, and they tell him ti put his hood on correctly or else!!

and i cant stand tunnel rat.. hes supposed to be comic relief? him and his corny one liners

Lion
12-17-2010, 10:31 PM
I like this more and more....I"m going back and episode, but has "arashikage" always meant The Storm Shadow?

also, the whole Duke tells someone to leave while hes about to die thing is old. How about "get me the F outta here" duke??

Monkeywrench
12-17-2010, 10:36 PM
also, the whole Duke tells someone to leave while hes about to die thing is old. How about "get me the F outta here" duke??

LOL. Thats great

Barefoot Jedi
12-17-2010, 10:47 PM
I have a feeling Renegades will have the conflicted Storm Shadow.

My guess is the Arashikage had been working for COBRA and when the Hard Master told them he was turning over a new House of Blue Leaves, they hired Zartan to impersonate an Arashikage to infiltrate the compound and poison him.

When Storm Shadow learns of this, he will join the Joes.

Though if the series continues, I imagine this will be a revelation for a future season as it seems more logical SS will ally the Arashikage with COBRA for now since their goal is currently the same.

Renegades already has way more depth than most of Sunbow ever had. I am continuing to intensely enjoy this animated interpretation of GIJOE.

I'm positively neutral toward the whole ninja thing, but I think it deserves a major subplot in the GIJOE story as a whole. I'm appreciative of how they adapted it for Renegades. I like seeing Jinx redefined this way.

crock master
12-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Don't you hate this show? I thought I had seen you post that. Why would you care if they get on with the story? Maybe I have you confused with someone if so, sorry.

your wrong. i didnt say that.ive said the same thing that i have said today. get on with the story.
i have also stated ,no need to introduce people and make 4 episodes out of it.
i just wana see some cobra and some action!
cobra!!

General Hawk
12-17-2010, 10:55 PM
For anyone interested, my review of Episode Five has been posted!

Episode Five – Return of the Arashikage (Part 2) | G.I. Joe: Renegades (http://generalsjoes.com/renegades/episode-guide/season-one/episode-five-return-of-the-arashikage-part-2/)

I'm working on getting the promo for next week online. So far I just have the tiny little version that aired directly after Episode Five. Hoping to be able to catch a full screen version for YouTube.

Justin

SNAKE EYES
12-17-2010, 10:56 PM
My guess for the Hard Master's real killer: Firefly. (Semi-random, and could just as easily be Zartan, but Firefly doing it directly would be another interesting shake-up).

It can't be FF he would use C-4 not poison :D

Hate taping it on the DVR because I always miss the previews for the next show. Oh well.

Just manually set your DVR ahead one minute when your setting it to record the show... that's what I do.

General Hawk
12-17-2010, 10:59 PM
I like this more and more....I"m going back and episode, but has "arashikage" always meant The Storm Shadow?

Yes it has. Hama first mentioned this way back during the initial reveal of Snake Eyes' origin in issues #26 and 27 of the original Marvel run.

Justin

Monkeywrench
12-17-2010, 11:00 PM
For anyone interested, my review of Episode Five has been posted!

Episode Five – Return of the Arashikage (Part 2) | G.I. Joe: Renegades (http://generalsjoes.com/renegades/episode-guide/season-one/episode-five-return-of-the-arashikage-part-2/)

I'm working on getting the promo for next week online. So far I just have the tiny little version that aired directly after Episode Five. Hoping to be able to catch a full screen version for YouTube.

Justin

awesome. Your reviews are always top notch. During the "hub family movie" that airs 7pm my time they were showing next weeks promo every commerical break. I don't know if they are still showing it.

General Hawk
12-17-2010, 11:09 PM
awesome. Your reviews are always top notch. During the "hub family movie" that airs 7pm my time they were showing next weeks promo every commerical break. I don't know if they are still showing it.

Yeah, I got it! :D

Just pulling it into the laptop now and prepping for YouTube upload. It looks AWESOME.

Snake Shadow09
12-17-2010, 11:13 PM
guys i need to see this! please someone put it on youtube!

dj7000
12-17-2010, 11:16 PM
I really hate that I cant record these things. I hope they all stay on youtube till the dvd release

Monkeywrench
12-17-2010, 11:18 PM
Yeah, I got it! :D

Just pulling it into the laptop now and prepping for YouTube upload. It looks AWESOME.

i want to know what you think about the girl on the train. Is it baroness or Jinx or....

Snake Shadow09
12-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Just saw it once. Need to see it again.I'm guessing this is when ss joins cobra.

anywhere i can see the clip for episode 6?

Gatchaman
12-17-2010, 11:32 PM
It can't be FF he would use C-4 not poison :D

Just manually set your DVR ahead one minute when your setting it to record the show... that's what I do.

I have it set up to record all NEW GI Joe Renegades episodes but maybe I will just tape each one separately each week. That way I can do what you suggested. Thanks

Jay West
12-17-2010, 11:33 PM
your wrong. i didnt say that.ive said the same thing that i have said today. get on with the story.
i have also stated ,no need to introduce people and make 4 episodes out of it.
i just wana see some cobra and some action!
cobra!!

Got you confused with someone else then. I apologize.

General Hawk
12-17-2010, 11:37 PM
i want to know what you think about the girl on the train. Is it baroness or Jinx or....

Definitely Baroness. Absolutely no question. She apparently has some funky cybernetic glove on her hand, which is what lets her shoot that fire out of it.

http://generalsjoes.com/renegades/wp-content/gallery/g-i-joe-renegades-06-promo/00643.jpg

http://generalsjoes.com/renegades/wp-content/gallery/g-i-joe-renegades-06-promo/00656.jpg

http://generalsjoes.com/renegades/wp-content/gallery/g-i-joe-renegades-06-promo/00676.jpg

And yeah, Santa and the elves are Roadblock, Scarlett, and Tunnel Rat:

http://generalsjoes.com/renegades/wp-content/gallery/g-i-joe-renegades-06-promo/00477.jpg

Full promo is online! :D

YouTube - G.I. Joe: Renegades Episode Six Promo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dupr-6lJDCo)

General Hawk
12-17-2010, 11:39 PM
anywhere i can see the clip for episode 6?

YouTube - G.I. Joe: Renegades Episode Six Promo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dupr-6lJDCo)

Jay West
12-17-2010, 11:42 PM
Definitely Baroness. Absolutely no question. She apparently has some funky cybernetic glove on her hand, which is what lets her shoot that fire out of it.

http://generalsjoes.com/renegades/wp-content/gallery/g-i-joe-renegades-06-promo/00643.jpg

http://generalsjoes.com/renegades/wp-content/gallery/g-i-joe-renegades-06-promo/00656.jpg

http://generalsjoes.com/renegades/wp-content/gallery/g-i-joe-renegades-06-promo/00676.jpg

http://generalsjoes.com/renegades/wp-content/gallery/g-i-joe-renegades-06-promo/00477.jpg

Thanks Justin! My DVR cut out right at the beginning of the promo.

Dear Hasbro,

Look at the awesome Baroness with funky glove fireball thingy. You love clip on funky thingys (I've seen the Marvel and IM2 figures). Now make this figure!

Sincerely,

Me

Monkeywrench
12-17-2010, 11:45 PM

LOL NICE! I called the santa and elfs anyway. The short hair is what kept throwing me off on the baroness. I'm not used to the Baroness having short hair.

Steel Brigade
12-17-2010, 11:51 PM
Another great action packed episode, it was very entertaining & I really like how Stormy & Jinksy were handled, as well as the Joes... just wonderful!

CVdelgado
12-17-2010, 11:51 PM
someone post here when they find this on youtube.

ultramax
12-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Awesome episode this series gets better weekly, pure fun!!

And oh yeah, hi haters!

xSwamiJayx
12-18-2010, 12:22 AM
When Storm Shadow learns of this, he will join the Joes.

omfgwtfbbq I was thinking the same thing. We must be, like, mystically aligned.

You really are my IG Juliet.

This episode was awesome. Love love LOVED it.

I cannot wait for more. I keep dling them to my iPad for rewatching, and every episode holds up to repeat viewing.

As a SE fan, I love that they busted out some of his backstory already. I want more! But in little pieces like this. It's nice.

My favorite part?

Roadblock: I have no idea where that is, but I'm on my way.

As much as I love SE, TR andRB are awesome.

Lion
12-18-2010, 12:23 AM
Yes it has. Hama first mentioned this way back during the initial reveal of Snake Eyes' origin in issues #26 and 27 of the original Marvel run.

Justin

Thank you Justin, never knew that.

Tom-1
12-18-2010, 12:28 AM
Does anyone find it funny that Snake Eyes could put this whole 'assassin' business to rest if he just wrote Storm Shadow a letter instead of vaguely gesturing at him? XD

I love this show. It's so clever and funny, really a step up from past series.

Example:

Storm Shadow: "So what have you learned from your GI Joe friends?"
(Snake Eyes turns around with a live grenade in his hand)

Tunnel Rat: "Roadblock, we're at the falls."
Roadblock: "Yeah, I have no idea where that is."

Brilliant show. I hope it lasts for a long, long time.

Tom

Black Swan
12-18-2010, 01:18 AM
I caught replay. The pace of this episode was really quick and had lots of action in it. Ninja fighting in the rain how timely.This build up of the character development is getter better and better with each episode. The only thing I found kinda weird was how SS came across sounding like Darth Vader at times when talking to Jinx. I can't wait for next week's homecoming episode.

Gatchaman
12-18-2010, 01:21 AM
I caught replay. The pace of this episode was really quick and had lots of action in it. Ninja fighting in the rain how timely.This build up of the character development is getter better and better with each episode. The only thing I found kinda weird was how SS came across sounding like Darth Vader at times when talking to Jinx. I can't wait for next week's homecoming episode.

Yeah, they really went the extra mile having the whole thing done in the rain like that. Very cool.

Being that next Friday is Christmas Eve I wonder if they are going to play a new episode or not.

Zefram
12-18-2010, 01:27 AM
Yeah, they really went the extra mile having the whole thing done in the rain like that. Very cool.

Being that next Friday is Christmas Eve I wonder if they are going to play a new episode or not.

Christmas episode!

Cobra Terrorist
12-18-2010, 01:30 AM
Christmas episode!

Oh man, I hope not. Not yet! Maybe when the show is on the downturn a couple of seasons later...

Gatchaman
12-18-2010, 01:38 AM
Christmas episode!

Yeah, maybe being that the promo has them dressed up as Santa Clause and elves you may be right. Just wasn’t sure if it was actually playing this Friday or not.

Black Swan
12-18-2010, 01:45 AM
Joe elves and Roadblock Santa! I am sure someone out there will be customizing these. Now bring on the reindeer and the snowmen! LOL

Gatchaman
12-18-2010, 01:50 AM
How about Bio reindeer and snowmen.........no, Bio Vipers are enough as it is. LOL

Wylde Weezle
12-18-2010, 03:41 AM
I think either the animation is growing on me or it's become secondary to the entertainment value I'm getting out of the show's writing. I like the pacing of this series so far, great balance of action and character development. I am even digging the ninja story which is fine as long as it doesn't become the main focus of the series. I'd love it if either Firefly or Zartan is revealed as the assassin.
I love all the familiar elements in this. The voice actor they use for Duke does a great Michael Bell; I wonder why they didn't just use him? It'll be cool to hear him cameo though.

Cobra Terrorist
12-18-2010, 03:51 AM
I love all the familiar elements in this. The voice actor they use for Duke does a great Michael Bell

It's funny you mention that, cuz my buddy (who's a hardcore ARAH guy) said kinda the same thing ("Is that Mike Bell?").

07GT500 COBRA
12-18-2010, 04:45 AM
Another great episode. The character development trumps everything we ever got in the Sunbow series.

Only thing I didn't like was the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon action in the trees.

dj7000
12-18-2010, 07:21 AM

A Christmas themed GIJOE? I flippin love it!!!!

I have been really impressed with this cartoon. The quips by the characters, the story developments, etc. Loved how they brought the SE/Storm shadow discrepency full circle with neither one to blame and Jinx turning back to Kim. They write her off by sending her to Japan. nice work.

General Hawk
12-18-2010, 07:50 AM
Yeah, maybe being that the promo has them dressed up as Santa Clause and elves you may be right. Just wasn’t sure if it was actually playing this Friday or not.

It sure is! Not just one episode, but the entire "Homecoming" 2-Parter, both in one night!

My only question is how the hell do I play Santa for the kids and get this watched and reviewed all in the same damn night?!

Justin

crock master
12-18-2010, 09:08 AM
I really hate that I cant record these things. I hope they all stay on youtube till the dvd release

all you have to do is get a vhs converter for $20. and you can record anything to your computer. all it is is rca jack to usb port. and comes with video edit software. you have the option to record dvd,vhs,and tv

fireflyguy
12-18-2010, 09:12 AM
The last 2 episodes have been my least favorite so far. I don't really care for all that ninja crap and while I think the backstory between SE and SS is okay, I feel like too much time was spent on it altogether. Let's get back to some action with Cobra and the military chasing the renegades!

Ioz
12-18-2010, 10:49 AM
I enjoyed the episode. I'm liking the show, but still dislike the animation style.

Blue Ninja
12-18-2010, 12:19 PM
I liked the episode. SS's look didn't bother me as much. And other than the magical kusara gama, no bad points.

The major good point: using snake-eyes' disability against him. Being unable to talk and explain himself complete altered the future of the clan and Jinx's life.

Sunbow_Joe84
12-18-2010, 12:30 PM
i have yet to see the episode. no cable, i'm poor. but the clips look interesting

Blue Ninja
12-18-2010, 12:36 PM

The Joes...

Wow, Scarlet and Jinx have both got a thing for SE, and possibly for Duke. I like the fact that they reeeaaallllyyy don't get along.

Well, Duke obviously has that schoolboy crush on Scarlett, unable to show her any respect except though backhanded complements and his obvious jealousy over her relationship with Snake Eyes. He is a shining example of a high school jock that never grew up...although he showed a bit of maturity at the end in giving SE the com unit.

My wondering is was Scarlett completely blind to Snake Eyes' ...favoritism...as revealed by Jinx, or was she surprised that her own secret love was actually reciprocated and she never realized it. Or was she just stunned at the jealousy and the blunt way Jinx revealed their relationship was more than teacher/student?

Blue Ninja
12-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Yup, and I loved that he called SS's uniform his "jammies". lol

"Grenade crater but no ninja parts." lol.

SNAKE EYES
12-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Another great episode, but I hope they change Storm Shadows mask... it's horrible.

Dirtbag
12-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Great episode. This show is getting better and better. I actually like Storm Shadow without the mask. I cannot wait to see Zartan.

SNAKE EYES
12-18-2010, 04:28 PM
^Yeah he looks much better with the mask off, but I still hope we get a better/classic mask in the future.

Jay West
12-18-2010, 04:29 PM
It sure is! Not just one episode, but the entire "Homecoming" 2-Parter, both in one night!

My only question is how the hell do I play Santa for the kids and get this watched and reviewed all in the same damn night?!

Justin

Priorities...there be another Christmas next year for your kids! :)

Jay West
12-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Does anyone find it funny that Snake Eyes could put this whole 'assassin' business to rest if he just wrote Storm Shadow a letter instead of vaguely gesturing at him?

The writers on this show are smart. I am sure that is something that has happened, but there really isn't time to get into it in a 30 minute show. Just from the way the characters act, I imagine SE has communicated this to SS via email or text or maybe even face to face at some unrevealed meeting, but SS chooses to not believe him - which would be in character for this SS.

Zefram
12-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Well, Duke obviously has that schoolboy crush on Scarlett, unable to show her any respect except though backhanded complements and his obvious jealousy over her relationship with Snake Eyes. He is a shining example of a high school jock that never grew up...although he showed a bit of maturity at the end in giving SE the com unit.

And that's what I like most so far, the idea that these are not static arch-types and that over time they'll dynamically grow more and more into the characters we're familiar with, which is kinda what Hasbro promised us at Comic Con.

My wondering is was Scarlett completely blind to Snake Eyes' ...favoritism...as revealed by Jinx, or was she surprised that her own secret love was actually reciprocated and she never realized it. Or was she just stunned at the jealousy and the blunt way Jinx revealed their relationship was more than teacher/student?

Veeeeeeery interestink.

Another great episode, but I hope they change Storm Shadows mask... it's horrible.

Your mileage may vary. I dig the new take. Not 100% mind you, but he's growing on me. It'll be interesting how it translates to figure form, especially with the promise they'll be done realistically.

SNAKE EYES
12-18-2010, 04:54 PM
It'll be interesting how it translates to figure form, especially with the promise they'll be done realistically.

In my opinion the realistic Renegades PoC styled Storm Shadow mask will look like the traditional ninja mask we're used to... I think they will just ignore the Renegades animated wrapped/loose mask.

I mean it's just a bad design on a mask it doesn't even cover his face.

ChaplainAsst
12-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Once again, this did not move THE STORY along at all. The story is about them clearing their names and uncovering the mystery of Cobra. This was just a 2 part story to reveal something about SE, and switch Jinx allegiance, which if they hadn't introduced last episode could have been left out. I'm HOPING that soon we discover SS in the employee of Cobra - even a hint of this at the end of the episode would have been helpful. But I think at season's end, these will just be "the ninja episodes" - sort of a 2 part Sunbow (I'm not saying that the stories were immature or any worse animated than normal - just seemed disconnected from the other episodes). I'm hopeful next week's Christmas episode - which rips off DDP with Cobra terrorizing the families of Joes - as bringing the story back into focus.

Adamantite
12-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Personally I'm hoping SS gets a haircut and a new uniform when joining Cobra. I could see that happening soon too.

Loved the episode, best yet.

snakeeyes566
12-18-2010, 05:17 PM
In my opinion the realistic Renegades PoC styled Storm Shadow mask will look like the traditional ninja mask we're used to... I think they will just ignore the Renegades animated wrapped/loose mask.

I mean it's just a bad design on a mask it doesn't even cover his face.

i think the poc desert battle ss head wouldnt look bad on him, it has hair sticking out and stuff..

Headman
12-18-2010, 05:22 PM
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/members/headman-albums-joe+pics-picture26331-channing.bmp

Trooper13
12-18-2010, 05:26 PM
"Grenade crater but no ninja parts." lol.

Hahhaha, I know. It may be because of my time in the military, but TR and RB are my favorites in this show. They remind me of my time in the Army, and the dynamic between myself and some of my fellow soldiers.

This show has a great sense of humor. I love how TR is completely unimpressed with everything going on around him, and RB is the only person who seems completely grounded and aware of what's actually going on. Everyone else has all this drama, and they're just trying to get the show on the road.

Shin Densetsu
12-18-2010, 05:28 PM
Your mileage may vary. I dig the new take. Not 100% mind you, but he's growing on me. It'll be interesting how it translates to figure form, especially with the promise they'll be done realistically.

Including 2 swappable heads like POC Zartan and wave 3 Snake Eyes might be a good fix.

SNAKE EYES
12-18-2010, 05:33 PM
i think the poc desert battle ss head wouldnt look bad on him, it has hair sticking out and stuff..

I could see that being the head they use.... forgot about that one, but I hope they don't use it and they give us a great new head-sculpt.

Trooper13
12-18-2010, 05:39 PM
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/members/headman-albums-joe+pics-picture26331-channing.bmp

"This guy? This guy LOVES the c*ck!"

General Hawk
12-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Once again, this did not move THE STORY along at all. The story is about them clearing their names and uncovering the mystery of Cobra. This was just a 2 part story to reveal something about SE, and switch Jinx allegiance, which if they hadn't introduced last episode could have been left out. I'm HOPING that soon we discover SS in the employee of Cobra - even a hint of this at the end of the episode would have been helpful. But I think at season's end, these will just be "the ninja episodes" - sort of a 2 part Sunbow (I'm not saying that the stories were immature or any worse animated than normal - just seemed disconnected from the other episodes). I'm hopeful next week's Christmas episode - which rips off DDP with Cobra terrorizing the families of Joes - as bringing the story back into focus.

Don't forget the whole family angle was done in the Sunbow days long before DDP did it. And if it gives us the chance to hear the original Duke and Scarlett together again I'm all for it.

snakeeyes566
12-18-2010, 05:52 PM
I could see that being the head they use.... forgot about that one, but I hope they don't use it and they give us a great new head-sculpt.

yeah, im hoping most of the figs they show at toy fair are new sculpts, im just thinking what they would use if they didnt make any new molds.

about that, se is my fav character, i suppose he s yours too, and i ve been thinking about whta headsculpt would look better, poc wave 1 or poc wave 3 ninja head? and if they are going to make the double sheath/backpack combo that he uses in the show.

Gatchaman
12-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Including 2 swappable heads like POC Zartan and wave 3 Snake Eyes might be a good fix.

That would work for me. The mask in the cartoon has grown on me but not sure if it will translate well into toy form. What is the point excactly of wearing a mask that shows 90% of your face?

spike78a
12-18-2010, 09:47 PM
my fav tr line has to be when he said (while being a half awake) he must have been hit by a bunch of darts, inferring thats the only reason he went down, but was only hit by one. yeah it was corny but they pulled it off, for me at least.

spike78a
12-18-2010, 10:06 PM

stand alone episodes are important for any series that wants to stick around for awhile. there also important creatively. some of the best episodes of the x-files were the motw/stand alone episodes. which did nothing to advance the alien conspiracy story arc. they also help a show stay fresh.

knoxvelour
12-18-2010, 10:09 PM
I'm not so sure the Hard Master was the target of the poison. It could have been meant for Snake Eyes.

The one thing that does bother me though, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow being shown as kids receiving the bulk of their training and portrayed as rivals. Rise of Cobra did it, Renegades as well. I think their story works much better in the comics where they were really close friends who bonded as war buddies. A relationship so strong that Storm Shadow felt he was family and invited him to come to Japan. Then having the death of the Hard Master put a wedge between the two.

RenHoek
12-18-2010, 10:11 PM
my fav tr line has to be when he said (while being a half awake) he must have been hit by a bunch of darts, inferring thats the only reason he went down, but was only hit by one. yeah it was corny but they pulled it off, for me at least.

Ahh, Tunnel Rat and his over-inflated ego. :)

spike78a
12-18-2010, 10:12 PM
"This guy? This guy LOVES the c*ck!"

he loves stroking that cock..... i'm referring to the male chicken in his hand of coarse.

sanchizzle1
12-18-2010, 10:12 PM
i can't wait until they put out these fig's and copy em just like the clone wars with scrawney chicken legs and oversized heads....awesomness.
they should rename this s#!% snake eyes and friends

RenHoek
12-18-2010, 10:13 PM
I'm not so sure the Hard Master was the target of the poison. It could have been meant for Snake Eyes.

It was meant for both of them. Hard Master slapped it out of his hand before he could take a sip of it, remember?

Saboteur
12-18-2010, 10:22 PM
It was good. Nothing bad, but nothing earth shattering. Just good. 2011 is going to be great. Destro, Scrap Iron, Zartan and the Dreadnoks will all be there. The twins will be too. Who knows who shows up for the Joes? Gung-Ho, Stalker, Mutt and Junkyard, Recondo, Spirit, Cover Girl, Shipwreck or Beachhead would be great.

In the name of all that is holy --Firefly! Hub, please!

spike78a
12-18-2010, 10:29 PM
I think either the animation is growing on me or it's become secondary to the entertainment value I'm getting out of the show's writing. I like the pacing of this series so far, great balance of action and character development. I am even digging the ninja story which is fine as long as it doesn't become the main focus of the series. I'd love it if either Firefly or Zartan is revealed as the assassin.
I love all the familiar elements in this. The voice actor they use for Duke does a great Michael Bell; I wonder why they didn't just use him? It'll be cool to hear him cameo though.

Michael Bell is in his 70's so i'm not sure if he could pull off doing a duke thats in his 20's or 30's.

Saboteur
12-18-2010, 10:32 PM
I guess this isn't a good time to mention that Bell will be auditioning for the role of Duke for Rise of Cobra 2.

kennywr22
12-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Seriously sanchizzle1, that old arguement of scrawny leg, animated figures is friggin old. Everyone else has moved on. I suggest you do so also. Hasbro has said now in the last two q and a that they are gonna be realistic style!!!So try a different angle for crapping on renegades.

Gatchaman
12-19-2010, 12:07 AM
Seriously sanchizzle1, that old arguement of scrawny leg, animated figures is friggin old. Everyone else has moved on. I suggest you do so also. Hasbro has said now in the last two q and a that they are gonna be realistic style!!!So try a different angle for crapping on renegades.

I thought there was a separate thread for crapping on Renegades? LOL

Super Beast
12-19-2010, 12:13 AM
Did anyone else notice the explosion of blood come out of SE's back in the preview?

also, when dukes dad get shocks you can tell its the original Duke's voice!

Gatchaman
12-19-2010, 12:18 AM
also, when dukes dad get shocks you can tell its the original Duke's voice!

That would be awesome! And it would make since to do it like that.

Monkeywrench
12-19-2010, 01:38 AM
I think either the animation is growing on me or it's become secondary to the entertainment value I'm getting out of the show's writing.

I have the same feelings

Zablorg
12-19-2010, 01:43 AM
Did anyone else notice the explosion of blood come out of SE's back in the preview?

Pretty sure it's laser stuff hitting him.

GeneralEagle
12-19-2010, 02:06 AM
next weeks episode looks aweome.

liked parts of this wks episode.

i'm liking duke's begrudging respect for snake-eyes and can see this developing into the frendship portyed in the Sunbow series.

liked a lot of the jokes , thought Roadblocks line about not knowing where the water fall was but that he was on his way to evac them was the best.

General Hawk
12-19-2010, 09:59 AM
That would be awesome! And it would make since to do it like that.

Yeah, that's already been stated. Duke's dad is Michael Bell (the original Duke) and his mom is played by BJ Ward (the original Scarlett).

A very cool touch.

Justin

spect_spidey
12-19-2010, 10:08 AM
Could we possibly see Snow Job in the next episode? I think that would be kinda neat.

Trooper13
12-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Could we possibly see Snow Job in the next episode? I think that would be kinda neat.

It would be funny if he was hiding in a snowman. However, I doubt we'll see him just yet.

BlondeCoverGirl
12-19-2010, 11:05 AM
I've gone from liking this new show to loving it! Best ep yet! It was cool seeing the Arashikage story play out in an animated format, despite some differences, but even those were cool. Can't wait for more. Looking forward to Christmas at Duke's house.

WeaponXCustoms
12-19-2010, 12:30 PM
ok SE's not communicating at all is pissing me off, why couldnt he have written out a statement and why does Jinx act like he can still talk? I dont get it. How is he supposed to use the comm Duke gave him?? I'll be glad when the spotlight is off of him so I dont have to think about the holes with the character.

Monkeywrench
12-19-2010, 12:36 PM
The major good point: using snake-eyes' disability against him. Being unable to talk and explain himself complete altered the future of the clan and Jinx's life.

I agree with this

Dust Viper
12-19-2010, 12:52 PM
So, we learned that someone poisoned and killed the Hard Master. Storm Shadow thinks its Snake Eyes. Jinx now thinks its Snake Eyes?

We needed two episodes for this? Really?

The only good development was Snake Eyes finally decided to be apart of the team at the end of the episode, otherwise, this was probably the weakest episode yet. Way too much ninja fighting filler, plot didn't move along.

Please give Roadblock something to do, show, and fast!

Monkeywrench
12-19-2010, 12:54 PM

that would be cool

Gatchaman
12-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Yeah, that's already been stated. Duke's dad is Michael Bell (the original Duke) and his mom is played by BJ Ward (the original Scarlett).

A very cool touch.

Justin

Oh man that’s awesome!! These guys know what they are doing.

Zefram
12-19-2010, 05:20 PM
I dont get it. How is he supposed to use the comm Duke gave him??

His ear still works.

speedocub
12-19-2010, 05:45 PM
ok SE's not communicating at all is pissing me off, why couldnt he have written out a statement and why does Jinx act like he can still talk? I dont get it. How is he supposed to use the comm Duke gave him?? I'll be glad when the spotlight is off of him so I dont have to think about the holes with the character.

One click for yes, two clicks for no.

Trooper13
12-19-2010, 05:48 PM

Ding, ding, ding!!! :)

Shogi
12-19-2010, 05:57 PM
finally saw the episode (Thanx youtube!)

Biggest surprise: They're gonna trach Scarlett!

Biggest letdown: Snake Eyes is the foundation of the Arashikage clan's additude change (At least until HM dies)

It's not a big letdown, but there it is....kinda bugging me a slight bit, but I'm still growing accustomed to this street rat SE storyline

Zefram
12-19-2010, 06:16 PM

He could even tap out morse code on the mic. I'd be surprised if they don't address offhandedly this in a future ep. Up 'till now they've been pretty good about explaining things and not leaving holes without making it feel like you're being expositioned to death.

finally saw the episode (Thanx youtube!)

Biggest surprise: They're gonna trach Scarlett!

I know, I almost shat bricks when I saw that. They copped out a bit not going through with it, but it still established the foreshadowing, and even let Tunnel Rat get some spotlight, showing that he's got skills even SE doesn't have.

Jmacq1
12-19-2010, 06:32 PM
So, we learned that someone poisoned and killed the Hard Master. Storm Shadow thinks its Snake Eyes. Jinx now thinks its Snake Eyes?

We needed two episodes for this? Really?

The only good development was Snake Eyes finally decided to be apart of the team at the end of the episode, otherwise, this was probably the weakest episode yet. Way too much ninja fighting filler, plot didn't move along.

Please give Roadblock something to do, show, and fast!

The Plot didn't move along? Were you watching the same show?

Let's see:

Established Storm Shadow, Jinx, and the Arashikage's existence and status in the new universe.

Solidified Snake-Eyes' membership as part of the Renegades' team, and gave us more hints about his relationship with Scarlett.

Got the entire team a little training they didn't have before.

Opened up the subplot of "who really killed the Hard Master?"

Got all of the necessary Snake-Eyes/Storm Shadow origin stuff out of the way so we won't have to deal with it later.

Kicked off the "Storm Shadow is hunting Snake-Eyes" subplot which looks to be carrying over into the next episode at the very least.

Yeah, yeah, you can argue that the "main story" wasn't too involved but the "main story" shouldn't dominate every episode, and introducing subplots is pretty darn necessary if you're planning a continuity-based series, because there's ALWAYS something else going on besides the "main story." Oh yeah, and kids (you know, the primary target audience) supposedly eat the ninja stuff up.

My only serious gripe with these two episodes? (And the movie to an extent) - How is it that western animation always seems to treat Japan as though it never moved out of the Samurai era?

I mean, maybe I'm wrong, because I've never been to Japan to verify, but I kind of doubt there's a whole lot of medieval-style Japanese villages out there where a bunch of Ninjas have fights in the street and the folks wandering around in Gis and Kimonos all the time aren't looked at a little funny.

If a Ninja clan is supposed to be about infiltration and secrecy...you'd think they'd adapt to the modern world a little better.

On the plus side, enjoyed the glimmer of "commando" Snake Eyes with the grenade trick.

RenHoek
12-19-2010, 06:39 PM
My only serious gripe with these two episodes? (And the movie to an extent) - How is it that western animation always seems to treat Japan as though it never moved out of the Samurai era?

I mean, maybe I'm wrong, because I've never been to Japan to verify, but I kind of doubt there's a whole lot of medieval-style Japanese villages out there where a bunch of Ninjas have fights in the street and the folks wandering around in Gis and Kimonos all the time aren't looked at a little funny.

If a Ninja clan is supposed to be about infiltration and secrecy...you'd think they'd adapt to the modern world a little better.

Maybe they were attending some historical reenactment or something?

Trooper13
12-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Maybe they were attending some historical reenactment or something?

http://www.bestorlandovacationpackages.com/media/ecom/prodsm/medieval_times_castle.jpg

?

RenHoek
12-19-2010, 07:52 PM
http://www.bestorlandovacationpackages.com/media/ecom/prodsm/medieval_times_castle.jpg

?

Yes, but with more ninjas! :D

MFJayman
12-19-2010, 08:57 PM
Aside from the liberties taken with gravity in this episode, I liked it, about as much as I think I could like a “ninja episode”, at least.

But I really do miss Cobra, badly, at this point…*sniffle*
Beautiful, wonderful Cobra.

I’m still hoping to see a ninja come running in and jump kick RB, and have RB sort of casually swat him away…like, “alright dude, I know you’ve got skills and all, but do you see how f@%king BIG I am? Seriously, get the f#@k out.”

Shin Densetsu
12-19-2010, 11:15 PM
Just got done watching it. I've read some complaints about how these guys are already the focus of the show, but I think what's going on is that each season is planned to have long background arcs, and on the way there, episodic stories. For example, the underlying story to season 1 is how the Joes are on the run, and their attempt to both clear their name and find out what exactly is going on at Cobra. Reminds me of Transformers Animated where season 1 was about Megatron reformatting himself...which took the entire season, but was well paced, well worth it, and along the way, we saw episodic mini-stories which gave us more insight to the characters.

Snake Eyes reminds me of Prowl from TF Animated...except not a dick, and Tunnel Rat reminds me of...freaking RATTRAP!

Heh...Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow along with Jinx reminds me of the triangle with Optimus Prime VS Sentinel Prime, and Black Arachnia(formerly Elita 1). While an Autobot, Elita 1 was left behind and turned into a mutant...then Decepticon/Predacon...as Black Arachnia. Meanwhile Optimus Prime had the guilt of leaving her behind, and Sentinel Prime, already a rival to Optimus, hated him even more afterwards.

The battle between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow was pretty cool, and long. Storm Shadow's mask might translate better in toy form, who knows. I LOVE the twist with how Hard Master was killed. Good seed that was planted. It seems to me that Storm Shadow wants to run the Arashikage, as in running it in general, regardless of what direction it was going in. Since he is of the family, it's like his birth right, can't blame the guy for not wanting Snake Eyes to rule the Clan. He got picked over by his own family, no one would be happy if that happened, that's betrayal.

In Master and Apprentice Vol 2, Budo, Jinx, and Snake Eyes show up to help Storm Shadow, and Storm Shadow flips out after losing his girl, blaming Snake Eyes for bringing death and destruction everywhere he goes. Storm Shadow is shocked, and silent, after Snake Eyes gives him an honorable Arashikage sword...passing leadership of the Clan to him, and Storm Shadow moves on from being the Young Master, and ascends to Phoenix Master. That was a beast ending by Jerwa.

Perhaps something similar will happen here, where Storm Shadow will end up hating Snake Eyes for bringing doom to the clan, but end up as an ally somehow later. Thing is...at this point, who would have wanted Hard Master dead? Perhaps with the new direction of his clan, the former criminal allies didn't approve and wanted him dead? Who knows.

I get the feeling IF the Red Ninjas are indeed in the show, that we will see them split up, 1st with Storm Shadow, then after Storm Shadow figures out who set Snake Eyes up, against Storm Shadow...or maybe some will stay, and the others will turn into Night Creepers.

I dug how Snake Eyes used one of his swords as a tool. The tracheomy or whatever it's called was tight too. Damn, speaking of which, the guy who voices Tunnel Rat SOUNDS like Rattrap too....not just reminds me of him.

A cool thing about the figures, is that I think we are getting the Arashikage sword with Jinx. She has it at different parts of the episode, and ends up getting it at the end. Heh..I think we have 1 of the 2 female 2011 figures figured out now.

MFJayman
12-20-2010, 12:40 AM
I still feel like I don't know SE too well, after all this. He seems to be something of an extraordinary phenomenon so far. Is he a runaway? A street urchin? Who What Where Why? I like the idea that great heroes must somehow defeat or overcome some dark side or flaw in their own character, before going on to heroically fight external darkness or evil. I think I wanted to see SE start out as an angry, resentful, rejected kid whom the world had pissed on, but who, over time, gained control of himself and, in the course of his training, changed for the better through his own conscious effort.

I can understand SS a little better. A sort of nurture over nature scenario. Raised by a not-so-nice ninja clan, he turns out to be not so nice. No surprise there. Then, to have this outsider come in, messiah-like, and spark the reformation of the clan’s ways? Invalidating many of the principles SS has learned to be important and of value since his birth? The Hard Master really screwed this guy over.

Shin Densetsu
12-20-2010, 12:45 AM
I can understand SS a little better. A sort of nurture over nature scenario. Raised by a not-so-nice ninja clan, he turns out to be not so nice. No surprise there. Then, to have this outsider come in, messiah-like, and spark the reformation of the clan’s ways? Invalidating many of the principles SS has learned to be important and of value since his birth? The Hard Master really screwed this guy over.

Well if you've seen The Godfather, think of Tom being chosen by Vito Corleone to be his successor instead of Michael. Now think if that actually happened in the movies. They would be completely different and throw everything off.

Just so much as Snake Eyes is the result of unfortunate circumstances, Storm Shadow is shafted by his own family.

Jmacq1
12-20-2010, 07:33 AM
I still feel like I don't know SE too well, after all this. He seems to be something of an extraordinary phenomenon so far. Is he a runaway? A street urchin? Who What Where Why? I like the idea that great heroes must somehow defeat or overcome some dark side or flaw in their own character, before going on to heroically fight external darkness or evil. I think I wanted to see SE start out as an angry, resentful, rejected kid whom the world had pissed on, but who, over time, gained control of himself and, in the course of his training, changed for the better through his own conscious effort.

Yeah, I'll always have much love for Hama's original Snake-Eyes origin, but I doubt we're ever going to get much explanation as to why a blonde-haired, blue-eyed gaijin kid happened to be wandering around the last medieval village in Japan (wearing a threadbare Gi rather than say, normal modern clothing).

Though I find the facetious suggestion that the Arashikage lives in/near a giant Japanese version of Medieval Times hilarious for some reason. "Ninja Times! Where random guests are poisoned at dinner and the show is so secret you don't even see it!"

I wonder if those Ninjas that attacked Jinx and Storm-Shadow when they were kids will ultimately have any significance...proto Night Creepers?

Trooper13
12-20-2010, 07:40 AM
Yeah, I'll always have much love for Hama's original Snake-Eyes origin, but I doubt we're ever going to get much explanation as to why a blonde-haired, blue-eyed gaijin kid happened to be wandering around the last medieval village in Japan (wearing a threadbare Gi rather than say, normal modern clothing).

Though I find the facetious suggestion that the Arashikage lives in/near a giant Japanese version of Medieval Times hilarious for some reason. "Ninja Times! Where random guests are poisoned at dinner and the show is so secret you don't even see it!"

I wonder if those Ninjas that attacked Jinx and Storm-Shadow when they were kids will ultimately have any significance...proto Night Creepers?

"Ninja Times" is the ultimate in high stakes, thrill seeking, dining experiences. You pay 100 bucks a plate, get to enjoy traditional japanese cuisine, while being entertained by displays of martial arts prowess. The catch is that all but one guest are secretly poisoned, or murdered in bathroom stalls. Whoever survives wins half the proceeds from the night's dinner.

Jmacq1
12-20-2010, 09:17 AM
"Ninja Times" is the ultimate in high stakes, thrill seeking, dining experiences. You pay 100 bucks a plate, get to enjoy traditional japanese cuisine, while being entertained by displays of martial arts prowess. The catch is that all but one guest are secretly poisoned, or murdered in bathroom stalls. Whoever survives wins half the proceeds from the night's dinner.

As wacky as some of the stuff Japan seems to do is, I'd almost believe this place could be real....

Warrior Po8
12-20-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm starting to hate this show with each new episode.

This animation is dreadful.

Why does Storm Shadow look like he's a punk teen wearing his daddy's clothes?

Snake Shadow09
12-20-2010, 01:11 PM
this show is so awesome its incredible!

spike78a
12-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Well if you've seen The Godfather, think of Tom being chosen by Vito Corleone to be his successor instead of Michael. Now think if that actually happened in the movies. They would be completely different and throw everything off.

Just so much as Snake Eyes is the result of unfortunate circumstances, Storm Shadow is shafted by his own family.

tom hagen was never in line to be the next don. sonny was suppose to be the next head of the family until he was killed. after that it went to mike. what tom hagen was passed over for was 4 the role of consigliere. mike choose his father vito instead.

Jmacq1
12-20-2010, 03:22 PM
tom hagen was never in line to be the next don. sonny was suppose to be the next head of the family until he was killed. after that it went to mike. what tom hagen was passed over for was 4 the role of consigliere. mike choose his father vito instead.

It wasn't an exact analogy. It was a "what if" analogy. Basically, if Don Corleone had named Tom Hagen the next Don, Sonny would probably have been more than a little angry and resentful (and arguably justifiably so).

What they're trying to say is that it's understandable by Storm Shadow is so angry. Some outsider kid came in and ended up being better-loved by his uncle to the point where he was ready to change the whole clan around because of his outlook (though this is a slight exaggeration, as I think it had just as much to do with Kim/Jinx as Snake-Eyes). Basically Storm Shadow went from the favored "son" to suddenly being told everything he believed/had been taught (by the very same guy!) was wrong.

MFJayman
12-20-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm starting to hate this show with each new episode.

This animation is dreadful.

Why does Storm Shadow look like he's a punk teen wearing his daddy's clothes?

For me, the show was getting better and better up to episode 3, then it kind of leveled off at 4 and 5. But that is largely because my interest in the ninja portion of Joe has always been pretty lukewarm.

As for SS, what if he got a more modernized sort of outfit, something similar to SE’s, but white of course. Something that is more protective. I think that could be cool.

MFJayman
12-20-2010, 06:08 PM
I think SS’s anger and resentment is pretty relatable. Who hasn’t experienced, or imagined, a situation where you are really excelling at a job or some task, working really hard at it, and receiving praise, and then someone new comes in, does what you’ve been doing, and does it better than you, and seemingly effortlessly. Plus, the person is the most cheerful, sociable, friendliest sort of person, whose mere presence transforms the atmosphere of the workplace from a rather subdued, even dour one, to a bright happy lighthearted one full of laughter and smiles.

I think most people fear this kind of situation, to a certain extent. I suppose the bigger and better your ego and self-image becomes, the harder it falls. At least for most people, they get to go home at the end of the day, or find a different workplace. SS was basically stuck in the small insular pressure cooker world of the clan.

dmizrok
12-20-2010, 06:31 PM
I have it set up to record all NEW GI Joe Renegades episodes but maybe I will just tape each one separately each week. That way I can do what you suggested. Thanks

i have it set to 'record series' under record series with options (?) you can set it to end recording 1 or 5 minutes after show is done...

dmizrok
12-20-2010, 06:37 PM
how many times can they hint at SE getting disfigured, and NOT go through with it? ( SE going through flames to rescue Duke, SE setting a grenade off so close to himself and SS , etc) I want a disfigured SE DAMMIT! lol

Griff
12-20-2010, 06:47 PM
i hope for a couple things things....they changes storm shadows outfit to something more ninjaish/classic looking and ditch that lame ass loose fitting bangs hanging out of his mask look and they make jinx a good guy in a much better outfit and age her some. im glad storm shadow isnt the whiny bitch who had the hard master killed like he was in resolute but it may turn out he really is...though if hes not i will be much happier.

Zefram
12-20-2010, 07:08 PM
i hope for a couple things things....they changes storm shadows outfit to something more ninjaish/classic looking and ditch that lame ass loose fitting bangs hanging out of his mask look and they make jinx a good guy in a much better outfit and age her some. im glad storm shadow isnt the whiny bitch who had the hard master killed like he was in resolute but it may turn out he really is...though if hes not i will be much happier.

The problem is that what we consider "classic ninja" looks cliche'd and hokey by today's standard. Also, it's not entirely historically accurate, as most real ninja spent most of their time undercover and didn't have a set uniform. Famous guys like Ishikawa Goemon and Hanzo Hattori also looked more like samurai. So the challenge is to keep him being the "Mr Traditional" compared to SE, but give him a unique character silhouette.

I do agree on his personality though. Keeping him a prick, but not the one who killed his uncle, adds shades of gray to him and the story. He may never become a "good guy", but I could see him turning on Cobra (violently) if he learned they were the ones who had the Hard Master killed, but still not turning over leadership to SE as his uncle wanted.

MFJayman
12-20-2010, 08:23 PM
how many times can they hint at SE getting disfigured, and NOT go through with it? ( SE going through flames to rescue Duke, SE setting a grenade off so close to himself and SS , etc) I want a disfigured SE DAMMIT! lol

I was assuming that SE was already disfigured prior to Renegades, in some scenario that involved saving Scarlett, contributing to the intense bond between the two (aside from the whole sensei/student thing). Though I suppose actually seeing the disfigurement scenario played out (not in a flashback, but in the real time of the current story) could be even more effective and striking.

Bombardier
12-20-2010, 08:26 PM
does anyone actually have a good looking HD Hub channel? Mine looks all grainy. Totally not HD.

Griff
12-20-2010, 08:26 PM
The problem is that what we consider "classic ninja" looks cliche'd and hokey by today's standard. Also, it's not entirely historically accurate, as most real ninja spent most of their time undercover and didn't have a set uniform. Famous guys like Ishikawa Goemon and Hanzo Hattori also looked more like samurai. So the challenge is to keep him being the "Mr Traditional" compared to SE, but give him a unique character silhouette.

I dunno i like his classic cartoon/comic sleeveless look. nothing hokey about it. i just dont liek the look they gave him as its just too FAR a deviation from anythign remotely stormyshadow despite historicalness of ninjas. I like the cartoon/comic look and thinkt hey should stuck closer to that...but thats just me

I do agree on his personality though. Keeping him a prick, but not the one who killed his uncle, adds shades of gray to him and the story. He may never become a "good guy", but I could see him turning on Cobra (violently) if he learned they were the ones who had the Hard Master killed, but still not turning over leadership to SE as his uncle wanted.

And im okay with storm shadow being a dick but leading the arashikage,...as long as he keeps it in line with his uncles vision of them being good as opposed to criminal. im not expecting themt o go donating toys to kids on christmas or such but being more of a wild card but not evil i would be JUST fine with.

Griff
12-20-2010, 08:28 PM
I was assuming that SE was already disfigured prior to Renegades, in some scenario that involved saving Scarlett, contributing to the intense bond between the two (aside from the whole sensei/student thing). Though I suppose actually seeing the disfigurement scenario played out (not in a flashback, but in the real time of the current story) could be even more effective and striking.

i like the fact his throat was damaged so he couldnt speak but he dont look all quasi modoed like in the comics. means there is the possibility of an unmasked se that wont cause the kiddies sloth-like nightmares....SNAKE EYES LOVE CHUNK!!!! lol.

MFJayman
12-20-2010, 08:56 PM
i like the fact his throat was damaged so he couldnt speak but he dont look all quasi modoed like in the comics. means there is the possibility of an unmasked se that wont cause the kiddies sloth-like nightmares....SNAKE EYES LOVE CHUNK!!!! lol.

Hahaha, yeah. But they still seem to be clearly hiding something, I mean, they showed some of his mouth beneath the mask in ep 5, and part of a bald head in ep 3 (or was the hair just singed off in the explosion?). So I don't know what's up with the guy's face.

Night Viper 143
12-20-2010, 08:59 PM

Its a ninja chain weapon, in a cartoon... of course its going to expand like that. I'm surpised there isn't a thingy for Zefram to link it too, like the Chekhov skill.

Justin

Hire Elves to help you out.

The one thing that does bother me though, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow being shown as kids receiving the bulk of their training and portrayed as rivals. Rise of Cobra did it, Renegades as well. I think their story works much better in the comics where they were really close friends who bonded as war buddies. A relationship so strong that Storm Shadow felt he was family and invited him to come to Japan. Then having the death of the Hard Master put a wedge between the two.

I agree with all of the above. There is no reason why they couldn't have been in the same platoon somewhere long before resorting to this plot. But at least they are executing it extremely well.

he will hiss in Morse Code like a snake on a mission.

I'd go for half the pot. I went with my wife and kids and they cleaned us out. The hole night came in just under 5 bills.

The poor SOB didn't stand a chance in hell of keeping his face. remember how fast he lost it again in the Marvel Run after getting the surgery finally completed.

Griff
12-20-2010, 09:04 PM
Hahaha, yeah. But they still seem to be clearly hiding something, I mean, they showed some of his mouth beneath the mask in ep 5, and part of a bald head in ep 3 (or was the hair just singed off in the explosion?). So I don't know what's up with the guy's face.

maybe hes got a cool scar but im thinking he just hides his face cause...well the writers remember se always kept it masked. im HOPING he;s not slothed under there maybe hes just got a cool squal-like scar.

Night Viper 143
12-20-2010, 09:15 PM
i heard he was going to look like justin beiber under the mask.

Griff
12-20-2010, 09:18 PM
i heard he was going to look like justin beiber under the mask.

KEEP THE BLOODY MASK ON!!!! heh heh

Night Viper 143
12-20-2010, 09:20 PM
I also heard that TR will learn how to use Butterfly larva to treat laser wounds.

Griff
12-20-2010, 09:25 PM
I also heard that TR will learn how to use Butterfly larva to treat laser wounds.

im waiting for the inevitable boiled cow urine for facial scars...and how funny would it be if that happened to a character who strangely resembles antonio banderas? :D

Night Viper 143
12-20-2010, 09:29 PM
what was that from again?

Snake Shadow09
12-21-2010, 02:24 AM
anyone got cover pic to the dark snake eyes comic?

Jmacq1
12-21-2010, 07:11 AM
I say straight-up unmask Snake-Eyes at some point. Heck, maybe even give up his real name. Keeping both hidden forever is silly at this point, I mean...Tunnel-Rat is more mysterious than Snake-Eyes, when you really think about it (we know way less about his backstory than we do Snake-Eyes). Hell, almost ANY Joe is more mysterious than Snake-Eyes at this point.

As for the "Squall-like scar" that seemed to be the route they were going with Sigma 6, based on the glimpses we got. I suspect if they ever do remove SE's mask, he'll be scarred but not utterly disfigured, as suggested.

I mean, Jinx has probably seen his face, and would she be crushing as hard on him as she was if he was ugly as sin? Of course, they just need to introduce the Harley-riding, sword swinging, heavy-metal listening teenaged samurai Budo to distract her....

Snake Shadow09
12-21-2010, 11:16 AM
i doubt we will ever see his full face.

RolandofGilead
12-21-2010, 11:21 AM
We did see it in the comics a few times. Of course that was after extensive plastic surgery that was later destroyed, but I'm sure it was close.

http://bispectacult.two-magpies.com/media/2/20080321-snakesscars.gif

AirborneRigger
12-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Has anyone watched this episode on hubworld.com? The last 5 minutes or so went to background music only. Lips were moving when they would speak but no voices. Anyone else have this problem?