PDA

View Full Version : Not Liking Renegades So Far.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

lazycobra
12-12-2010, 06:11 PM
I can't quite put my finger on it but I haven't been thrilled with it at all. Maybe I'm still stuck in the old stuff but Renegades just seems like the rest of the dry animation nowdays. The 80s stuff had those big awesome vehicles and battles with the plethora of characters, this just seems like it should be called G.I. Joe Snake Eyes because thats all its been about.
Still I wont lie and say I wont be tuning in because I will. Just hope they broaden the show outside of this little crew of Snake Eyes,lady Jaye and Flint. Anyways I'm glad to see Joe getting brought back to this new generation because every kid needs it in their childhood.

Derek
12-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Most of what you put LC is why I don't like it, so far all I see is SE saving the day. The art I will never get use to. I'm waiting for three characters to show up and if they screw them up I'm done with renegades.

luigi
12-12-2010, 06:27 PM
it new different some people just dont like change

CTGLinks
12-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Yeah I'll watch it all the way through and I am glad there is new media for new fans.
But all in all it's just okay for me. It's not AWESOME, it's not THE COOLEST THING EVA!, it's just..... good enough to watch.

I wish Hasbro could save this brand and actually make it EXCITING again. The adventure team toys are cool and a great throwback....I wonder if an adventure team cartoon could be done well??

crock master
12-12-2010, 06:33 PM
i think newer movies and cartoons waste too much time introducing people and explaining why stuff happens. if they would just start an episode in the middle , things could take off much better

KushViper
12-12-2010, 06:35 PM
I'm really stoked to have new g i joe cartoons to watch. The series is about as good as I could expect it could be so far. I agree, too much SE, but overall I like it. It's light years better than that CGI trash that was on the hasbro site and the story line is actually pretty interesting to me.

Zefram
12-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Don't we already have a bunch of Renegades discussion threads?

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Reactions/1272863548315.jpg

Syn3sthesia
12-12-2010, 06:50 PM

Yeah but in those everybody is goo goo ga ga over that mediocre show.

Personally, I'm sticking around till New Justice premieres then I'm moving on.

Nemesis*Prime
12-12-2010, 06:52 PM
I'd like it, if it wasn't for the fact that the animation sucks.

07GT500 COBRA
12-12-2010, 06:57 PM
i think newer movies and cartoons waste too much time introducing people and explaining why stuff happens. if they would just start an episode in the middle , things could take off much better

This.

Because if the show or movie is good, then people will be hungry for background stuff. Then, sequals/prequals/spinoffs can address those interests. It's a win-win.

Zefram
12-12-2010, 06:57 PM
*EDIT*
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Reactions/1272865150808.jpg

Never mind.

Syn3sthesia
12-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Gee ,sorry but I don't have time to validate my opinion via pretty pics or feel the need to explain my opinion to the individuals that will eat turds if they were labeled GI JOE.

swafus
12-12-2010, 07:05 PM
I think it sucks ass and I didn't like it the first time around either when it was called Sigma 6. Somebody at Hasbro has a serious hardon for that style?

Echo7Solo
12-12-2010, 07:06 PM

yes we do and another won't hurt. This is the other side of the coin. The people who don't like things have just as much of a right to give their side as the ones who do like it.

ROC Solid Snake
12-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Gee ,sorry but I don't have time to validate my opinion via pretty pics or feel the need to explain my opinion to the individuals that will eat turds if they were labeled GI JOE.

Wow!!! Give hell Synth! :-)

swafus
12-12-2010, 07:09 PM
yes we do and another won't hurt. This is the other side of the coin. The people who don't like things have just as much of a right to give their side as the ones who do like it.

**Applause**!!

Zefram
12-12-2010, 07:11 PM

I didn't mean to bite off the OPs head in my last post (RoC flamewar flashback), but why can't the positive and negative be confined to the series/episode threads?

ROC Solid Snake
12-12-2010, 07:14 PM

You are my new hero.

Monkeywrench
12-12-2010, 07:16 PM
I didn't mean to bite off the OPs head in my last post (RoC flamewar flashback), but why can't the positive and negative be confined to the series/episode threads?

imo, I don't like shuffling thru 100+ pages to talk about a generic topic like renegades. I think it's great that we have a topic for each episode and then topics that are related to renegades but not just one big arguement/debate.

This thread has an obvious topic. It's what people don't like about the show.

Zefram
12-12-2010, 07:20 PM

How pathetically predictable. Really? As opposed to... Fan Dumb (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanDumb)?

BTW, I could give a shit if someone wants to hate on the series and crying about someone's right to is totally fucking irrelevant to the point I was making and just shows how dense some of the people are here.

It's like you're standing in the middle of the street blocking traffic and holding up a sign saying, "____ SUCKS!" and then trying to argue to the people blowing their horns that they're right to free speech is being repressed. My argument was about the threads existence, not the subject.

imo, I don't like shuffling thru 100+ pages to talk about a generic topic like renegades. I think it's great that we have a topic for each episode and then topics that are related to renegades but not just one big arguement/debate.

Even though you disagree with me, that post at least had a legitimate point, and thus deserves props.

swafus
12-12-2010, 07:22 PM

Maybe some of us want to enjoy the freedom of expressing our distaste for it without having to roll into verbal combat against the Renegades cheerleaders?
I have seen the show. I think it is terrible and is not the G.I.Joe that I enjoy. I don't need validation from anyone on this site or in the real world on the matter.

ROC Solid Snake
12-12-2010, 07:23 PM

This thread has an obvious topic. It's what people don't like about the show.

Careful, with all that common sense you will draw the attention of the RENEGADES police;formally known as the ROC police. :-)

the odinson
12-12-2010, 07:27 PM
i agree w/ the op, it's just not very good. after 2 1/2 episodes i'm pretty much done. i don't hold any ill will, i appreciate the effort and i know i am not the target audience. didn't like resolute either. hopefully this one will spawn better toys than resolute.

Zefram
12-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Careful, with all that common sense you will draw the attention of the RENEGADES police;formally known as the ROC police. :-)

And the name-calling begins. His comment, and even Echo's I appreciated because they at least took the time to make an intelligent point.

Monkeywrench
12-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Now I really like and enjoy the show so far, granted it is only 4 shows in but as of right now I really dig it. I can appreicate your guys h8te and I will add alil fuel to your fire.

If there is one thing I would change about the show it is the animation. Many including myself have commented that it seems to be getting better each show. However I think it's us just getting used to it and accepting it. I prefer a more resolute style animation but overall I'm very happy with the show. especially the story telling.

ROC Solid Snake
12-12-2010, 07:36 PM
And the name-calling begins. His comment, and even Echo's I appreciated because they at least took the time to make an intelligent point.

Most of the others was the typographical equivalent of chattering monkeys ineffectually throwing their feces against the wall of a glass cage.

Have fun with that. :)

Name calling? Who specifically am I calling a name? Don't get mad at me because you're getting your ass handed to you throughout this thread. LOL! Now, post one of your lame (and now cliche) pics with a caption, and carry on. That is all.

Zefram
12-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Name calling? Who specifically am I calling a name? Don't get mad at me because you're getting your ass handed to you throughout this thread. LOL! Now, post one of your lame (and now cliche) pics with a caption, and carry on. That is all.

Obvious troll is painfully obvious.

You need better bait. :)

swafus
12-12-2010, 07:42 PM

Most of the others was the typographical equivalent of chattering monkeys ineffectually throwing their feces against the wall of a glass cage.

Have fun with that. :)

Really dude? Seriously? Referring to a contingent of people as the ______ police is name-calling? You were obviously searching for a reason to indirectly call the bulk of the posters in this thread "chattering monkeys", which in itself is name-calling. The irony makes my head want to pop off.

carion
12-12-2010, 07:45 PM
I like the show.

I have been collecting GI Joe since 1968 so I have been though a few changes in my time with this brand.

I dont realy care to much for the old sunbow series, I was a Marvel universe back then.

If you like or dont like something about the brand then voice your opinion, but respect the other guys opinion, even if it differs, as much as you want him to respect yours. If you dont respect other opinions why should they respect yours?

Zefram
12-12-2010, 07:48 PM
What's really pathetic is how Echo made such a minor misinterpretation of my post and now every kind and gentle soul is coming out of the woodwork by the waves to try and use it as a free ticket to take a pot shot at me.

Please, feel free to continue amusing yourselves, because nobody finds it more amusing than me.

Derek
12-12-2010, 07:48 PM

I read your comment and it wasn't pointing to anyone.

PitViper
12-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Well hey, to each their own.

No it's def not the Sunbow stuff we grew up with by a long shot, however....I feel Renegades it's actually alot "smarter" than the Joe Cartoons we had.

What seems dragged out to some seems like careful character development to me. I just can't remember this much depth and origin in the Sunbow series. Not saying it's gonna "trump the Joe of my childhood" or anything, I just think it's a fresh take done with care.

Where ROC was a fresh take that was done on LSD while on Bizarro World.

Anyway, to each their own...just killin time before kickoff.

Zefram
12-12-2010, 07:52 PM
In any case, I think it was wise of Hub to air the first two eps together, as while the first ep worked as a first act, it wasn't that solid as a standalone episode and really needed the second ep to close up the premiere.

RenHoek
12-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Sheesh, I'm gonna stay away from this thread.

Monkeywrench
12-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Sheesh, I'm gonna stay away from this thread.

so far your succeeding ;)

ChaplainAsst
12-12-2010, 07:56 PM
I hated the pilot, but it has grown on me. I don't understand why every writer/artist feels the need to put their own stamp on GI Joe, but I'm sure that has to do mostly with artistic integrity, etc. I see no reason in changing Marvels origins of the characters - although I could see using IDWs origins, as these are well fleshed out and thoughtful. Changing the appearance of CC makes no sense. In some ways, I respect RoC more for its radical departure. Taking away the battle helmet or the ceremonial mask just seems unnecessary.

I personally like ARAH's art work better, but this story is far more mature - sort of a Star Blazers/Robotech take on GI Joe, with a longer story line. The voices are done quite well too. I've learned that I can ignore the art if the story is good. The stories aren't perfect but I'm learning to ignore the obvious continuity mistakes, the decisions that are taking it further from the established mythology, and the internal contradictions because it is moving forward - something ARAH never did. I even respect it for not just hawking toys each week and introducing new characters that will only be seen once.

Headman
12-12-2010, 07:57 PM
I still think the art is ugly. Also Crock Master said it best, they spend too much time introducing characters and dealing with backstory. Isn't that what the file cards on the toys is for? Also I'm just not digging this trend of dealing with a few "core" characters. The thing that made GI Joe and Transformers great was the variety. That seems lost now days.

Zefram
12-12-2010, 07:57 PM
so far your succeeding ;)

I lol'd. :D

lazycobra
12-12-2010, 07:58 PM
How pathetically predictable. Really? As opposed to... Fan Dumb (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FanDumb)?

BTW, I could give a shit if someone wants to hate on the series and crying about someone's right to is totally fucking irrelevant to the point I was making and just shows how dense some of the people are here.

It's like you're standing in the middle of the street blocking traffic and holding up a sign saying, "____ SUCKS!" and then trying to argue to the people blowing their horns that they're right to free speech is being repressed. My argument was about the threads existence, not the subject.

Even though you disagree with me, that post at least had a legitimate point, and thus deserves props.
Except that this isn't a traffic jam its a public forum. I'm brand new here and definitely don't want to start on the wrong foot but my only intention was to give my opinion on the show and see how others felt. I didn't want to derail another thread with my feedback on the show so I started my own. I apologize to anyone I may have offended.

Zefram
12-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Also I'm just not digging this trend of dealing with a few "core" characters. The thing that made GI Joe and Transformers great was the variety. That seems lost now days.

I feel you a bit on that, but I'm sure we'll see the cast expand significantly as seasons go by. This is reintroducing Joe to a new generation, so reintroducing the characters is a given. >_>

Except that this isn't a traffic jam its a public forum. I'm brand new here and definitely don't want to start on the wrong foot but my only intention was to give my opinion on the show and see how others felt. I didn't want to derail another thread with my feedback on the show so I started my own. I apologize to anyone I may have offended.

Again, I didn't mean to come off against you. I don't know if you were here for RoC but every other day we had a new person starting a bash thread about the movie and it got... heated. I had a knee-jerk reaction to your post.

Peace?

swafus
12-12-2010, 07:59 PM
What's really pathetic is how Echo made such a minor misinterpretation of my post and now every half-illiterate troll is coming out of the woodwork by the waves to try and use it as a free ticket to take a pot shot at me.

Please, feel free to continue amusing yourselves, because nobody finds it more amusing than me.

1) Again with the name-calling! Does your hypocrisy know no bounds?
2)How exactly did Echo "misinterpret" your post?
3) If there is a line forming to take pot shots at you, that should be a sparkling indicator that you had it coming. ;-)

ChaplainAsst
12-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Please be aware: Zefram has done exactly what he wanted. He has hijacked this thread arguing with him. And he initiated what he has accused most everyone of doing: Zefram called names, trolled, mocked those that disagreed with him, and even called on the mods to close the thread. I kind of wonder if he might have an aneurysm if everyone who disagreed with him just didn't respond and just kept discussing their issues with the show!

swafus
12-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Please be aware: Zefram has done exactly what he wanted. He has hijacked this thread arguing with him. And he initiated what he has accused most everyone of doing: Zefram called names, trolled, mocked those that disagreed with him, and even called on the mods to close the thread. I kind of wonder if he might have an aneurysm if everyone who disagreed with him just didn't respond and just kept discussing their issues with the show!

quoted for truth

lazycobra
12-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Peace?

yea no prob

Zefram
12-12-2010, 08:09 PM
I kind of wonder if he might have an aneurysm if everyone who disagreed with him just didn't respond and just kept discussing their issues with the show!

More likely I'd actually have time to stop and think of something genuinely critical of the show.

ROC Solid Snake
12-12-2010, 08:11 PM

Amen. (heavenly rays shine down as I kneel)

Monkeywrench
12-12-2010, 08:13 PM
A serious question for the "Renegades Doubters": Is there still time for renegades to change your mind or has the damage already been done?

RoC ruined it for me after reading the leaked script. There was nothing that was gonna change my mind. Horrible movie, weak toys, bad video game, awful web toons. It was just a big pile of poop over and over again.

Now with renegades it's a new story/feature every few shows almost like story arcs in a comic series. So if you don't like the first few arcs, is there a chance that some later arcs might win you guys over? Or is it at a point of no return?

OSOK
12-12-2010, 08:18 PM
i havent seen it yet to make a conclusion

Storm
12-12-2010, 08:20 PM
I actually like Renegades, I wasnt sunbow fan but i didnt wach a lot of it when I was young, here in Poland we could only get DiC series on video tapes I had a few of them but I was also not excited about it. I was sitting deep in marvel comic books.
Sure I watched all episodes (sunbow and DiC) some time ago to complete my knowledge, and still from all Joe cartoons imo Renegades togheter with Resolute are best.
And actually I like all that retrospection and that story line, only thing what could be improved is animation

lazycobra
12-12-2010, 08:20 PM
A serious question for the "Renegades Doubters": Is there still time for renegades to change your mind or has the damage already been done?

RoC ruined it for me after reading the leaked script. There was nothing that was gonna change my mind. Horrible movie, weak toys, bad video game, awful web toons. It was just a big pile of poop over and over again.

Now with renegades it's a new story/feature every few shows almost like story arcs in a comic series. So if you don't like the first few arcs, is there a chance that some later arcs might win you guys over? Or is it at a point of no return?

Its not ruined for me yet. I'm just hoping every episode doesn't revolve around this same little group other wise it might become dull.

Zefram
12-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Its not ruined for me yet. I'm just hoping every episode doesn't revolve around this same little group other wise it might become dull.

I hear ya. Headman and I brought up a similar point, but it kinda got buried.

I'm personally curious as to whether the main cast will start to rotate when the initial "on the run" arc is concluded, kinda like when "Justice League" became "Justice League Unlimited".

flash70
12-12-2010, 08:29 PM

Well Said Sir!!!

swafus
12-12-2010, 08:32 PM

This is a great question but I have to say that I feel just how you did about ROC with this show. I don't like the animation style and that's a huge deal for me. I feel the characterizations are bad. I think the premise has legs but it's an odd choice to start off the series with and to try to bring in new fans. Barring a miracle I can't see being swayed. Damage done.

flash70
12-12-2010, 08:36 PM
I would love to see a very good G.I.*JOE cartoon but this one isn't it.

The animation is dull and boring.

The characters are very one-sided and have no wow-factor...except for the obvious ones' ( Snake-eyes, Scarlett, Etc) I couldn't care less for anyone.

The weapon designs are horrible.

The Bio-Viper....THE BIO-VIPER WTF!!!

The only cool concept is that COBRA is a drug company that is well respected and using that as a ruse to create weapons.

Oh' yeah ...I should give it a chance but so far the show is total loss of brain cells.

The kiddies will enjoy it if they watch it.

I hope we get something better down the line.

Fox
12-12-2010, 08:49 PM
I like the concept. Some joes are the A-Team and other Joes are chasing them. Having Cobra be a legitmate group is awesome too.

The animation and character designs look like sh*t. Couldn't they at least get better quality animation?

Irid70
12-12-2010, 08:53 PM

Yeah, who wants all that STORY and NARRATIVE ARC and CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT and other aspects of decent storytelling? Just tell shitty one-offs like Sunbow. Roflcopter.

GrimReaper957
12-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Dora the explorer> gi joe renegades
lol jk no h8
but i do like renegades and it certainly is no resolute, but hey at least that's one thing i could watch every week

Storm
12-12-2010, 08:55 PM
I would love to see a very good G.I.*JOE cartoon but this one isn't it.

The characters are very one-sided and have no wow-factor...except for the obvious ones' ( Snake-eyes, Scarlett, Etc) I couldn't care less for anyone.

The weapon designs are horrible.

The Bio-Viper....THE BIO-VIPER WTF!!!

The only cool concept is that COBRA is a drug company that is well respected and using that as a ruse to create weapons.

Oh' yeah ...I should give it a chance but so far the show is total loss of brain cells.

I get your point, but notice that we have only 4 episodes and so far many people like it, and I wanna draw your attention that from episode to episode is a noticeable improvement of animation and story line, lets wait with evaluation until story get full speed, now its introduction to whole story line, u expect that in first 4 episodes you see all Joes which exist? And remember that characters all are pretty young and notice that even Hawk dont know them yeat, so..... ;)

Zefram
12-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Dora the explorer> gi joe renegades

I can't wait until Dora's next growth spurt and she turns legal. >.>

GrimReaper957
12-12-2010, 09:00 PM

Next thing you know she's doing bong. sorry Miley Cyrus, too soon?

kennywr22
12-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Hahaha....I love it. A thread started by those who are pissed off from all the positive reviews about renegades since it finally aired. I find this thread pure entertainment. I get to read these funny ass comments about how gi Joe is ruined and how lame renegades is. I knew it was a matter of time before it got to you all. We have a premiere thread, and an episode by episode thread for both positive and negative feedback. If you hate it so much comment in those threads and don't be a new thread whore. Lol.

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 09:03 PM
now every kind and gentle soul is coming out of the woodwork by the waves to try and use it as a free ticket to take a pot shot at me.

You smell like sausage (and no in a good way), you're ugly and are a genuinely terrible human being,

disagree. I like this because it means that we can go deeper with these characters while adding new ones along the way. Think about Spider-Man, the X-men or even the Wakking Dead comics. The focus on a core group, gradually expanding the line-up Wong the way. Sometimes, they even change shit up (Ultimate lines?)--and I'm glad for it.

Like what? What would be better? I am genuinely asking you to tell me, because I like what we're getting, and I'm not a little kid, nor am I a moron. I enjoy the animation. I like the stories. I'm not so stuck on the past that I care why anyone is called what they are called or that Ripcord is black. I just want to ave fun and I am. Sorry that so any people aren't, but I don't understand why.

The animation and character designs look like sh*t. Couldn't they at least get better quality animation?

Gotta disagree. I think they look awesome. I feel like I'm back a few years when Mike Allred took over X-Force for a bit and people flipped out. Mike Allred is the shit and people were spazzing out because some dickless clown like Rob Leffield wasn't drawing it anymore. It's different, but it's not poor quality.

Anyway. That's just me. I wish people wouldn't expend so much energy shitting on it though. It just seems counter-productive to talk so much about something you hate. Why not talk about something you like instead and make friends instead of enemies?

Zefram
12-12-2010, 09:06 PM
You smell like sausage (and no in a good way), you're ugly and are a genuinely terrible human being,

WTF?! Dude, really?!

Everyone knows I small like kielbasa (with Mister Mustard)!

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Reactions/1272864434662.jpg

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 09:06 PM

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy85/jaybeane/35385ab4.png

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 09:07 PM
WTF?! Dude, really?!

Everyone knows I small like kielbasa (with Mister Mustard)!

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Reactions/1272864434662.jpg

They just tell you that so you don't kill yourself because everyone knows you're a lonely, miserable troll.

arch2b
12-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Hahaha....I love it. A thread started by those who are pissed off from all the positive reviews about renegades since it finally aired. I find this thread pure entertainment. I get to read these funny ass comments about how gi Joe is ruined and how lame renegades is. I knew it was a matter of time before it got to you all. We have a premiere thread, and an episode by episode thread for both positive and negative feedback. If you hate it so much comment in those threads and don't be a new thread whore. Lol.

i find this a bit funny considering the grief i take when pointing out existing threads when multiple new threads are started on the very same topic. either you and i are among a small minority here or maybe i just tick people off but i seem to catch nothing but hell in pointing this issue out in other areas. go figure.

Zefram
12-12-2010, 09:11 PM
http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy85/jaybeane/35385ab4.png

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Reactions/1277277334556.jpg

gunslingercbr
12-12-2010, 09:12 PM

yeah, because RAH was such a bastion of intellect and storytelling brilliance. you don't have to like Renegades, I don't, but to criticize it for something that the original cartoon was, and all cartoons are, is simply hypocritical. it's a cartoon for children; if you want something more I recommend growing up and not watching cartoons for children.

Primo_Baddest
12-12-2010, 09:14 PM
renegades is cool, its a cartoon however and grown men arent supposed to like it THAT much.

wow gunslinger i honestly did not read your post right above mine but we still said the same thing

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 09:14 PM
yeah, because RAH was such a bastion of intellect and storytelling brilliance. you don't have to like Renegades, I don't, but to criticize it for something that the original cartoon was, and all cartoons are, is simply hypocritical. it's a cartoon for children; if you want something more I recommend growing up and not watching cartoons for children.

Yes. I was waitng for you to come an slap some bitches around...

CBR, I think I love you.

Troynos
12-12-2010, 09:21 PM

^ This

I'm not Renegades biggest fans. I like it. Not as good as I was hoping.

But then 30+ year old men aren't the primary audience.

But yeah, the Sunbow stuff was even more brainless then Renegades. Renegades at least has an ongoing story and tries for depth in the storytelling.

swafus
12-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Yes. I was waitng for you to come an slap some bitches around...

CBR, I think I love you.

I think you two should go steady.

Derek
12-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Here's the thing renegades is a bad title. How long can they be renegades? Who in the military is going to risk their career to join SE team? How are breaker, jinx, and SE or any other "joe" going to join gi joe when it's formed if they are not already in the military or some other government agency.
I wanted to see Hawks back story before anyone since he looks like he was in a badass battle or he just go hit by an i.e.d.

swafus
12-12-2010, 09:30 PM
^ This

I'm not Renegades biggest fans. I like it. Not as good as I was hoping.

But then 30+ year old men aren't the primary audience.

But yeah, the Sunbow stuff was even more brainless then Renegades. Renegades at least has an ongoing story and tries for depth in the storytelling.

How many times are we all going to use the "I'm a 30-40 year old grown up" mechanism to apologize for ourselves for indulging in a toy/cartoon based hobby? It is far from the ultimate quantifier that people seem to think it is when they invoke it during a debate. Technically you could say the same thing about any sports fan being passionate about "a little kids game". The pretension and arrogance of a member of any "geek" community challenging another member's maturity over dissenting opinions is both ridiculous and uncalled for.

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 09:40 PM
I think you two should go steady.

I keep asking, he keeps shutting me doWn... :(

How many times are we all going to use the "I'm a 30-40 year old grown up" mechanism to apologize for ourselves for indulging in a toy/cartoon based hobby? It is far from the ultimate quantifier that people seem to think it is when they invoke it during a debate. Technically you could say the same thing about any sports fan being passionate about "a little kids game". The pretension and arrogance of a member of any "geek" community challenging another member's maturity over dissenting opinions is both ridiculous and uncalled for.

Technically, you can't say that about any sports fan because the gamescwere invented by adults for adults. If anything the little kids playing it are emulating adults... Just saying.

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Also, I don't think it's a matter of maturity thats being called into question. Enjoying content aimed at children is fine, but being surprised when it doesn't meet your standards is a little ridiculous.

That said, I don't thnk Renegades is pandering. I'd say that it's setting the bar pretty high, actually.

Zefram
12-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Also, I don't think it's a matter of maturity thats being called into question. Enjoying content aimed at children is fine, but being surprised when it doesn't meet your standards is a little ridiculous.

That said, I don't thnk Renegades is pandering. I'd say that it's setting the bar pretty high, actually.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/win/sp00k-albums-image_resource-picture.gif

swafus
12-12-2010, 09:51 PM
I keep asking, he keeps shutting me doWn... :(

Technically, you can't say that about any sports fan because the gamescwere invented by adults for adults. If anything the little kids playing it are emulating adults... Just saying.

Um, no. Not quite. Try again.

Troynos
12-12-2010, 09:54 PM

See below. There's nothing about maturity being discussed here. My statement was simple: "30+ year olds aren't the primary audience". Where does maturity come into that?

Renegades is not made with us in mind. It's made for a different target audience. So the animation and such are made primarily for that audience.

Resolute was aimed at us. As such I hold it to different standards then I would Renegades, which is not aimed at us.

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Um, no. Not quite. Try again.

Um, ok, why am I wrong? If I'm wrong then why are grown men paid millions of dollars to play these games? Can you name one child that invented a sport? Or a child that has made millions as a professional athlete?

Headman
12-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Or a child that has made millions as a professional athlete?

That little asian golfer girl. Wei or something.

swafus
12-12-2010, 09:58 PM

Lol. So let me get this straight. It's fine to watch programming aimed at children but I'm not allowed to be surprised if it doesn't meet my standards?? So by that rationale, I'm supposed to lower my entertainment standards because of the type of programming I'm watching? Why would I willingly watch something that doesn't meet my standards, cartoon or otherwise? I'm stunned at how this stuff tends to dribble out of mouths around here.

Troynos
12-12-2010, 10:00 PM
How can something meet your standards when it's not created to meet those standards?

That makes no sense.

And it can still be enjoyable. It just means that it's not all that you hoped it would be.

Headman
12-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Renegades is not made with us in mind. It's made for a different target audience. So the animation and such are made primarily for that audience.

Crack wasn't made for white people. Does that mean we shouldn't be able to say crack is bad?

swafus
12-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Um, ok, why am I wrong? If I'm wrong then why are grown men paid millions of dollars to play these games? Can you name one child that invented a sport? Or a child that has made millions as a professional athlete?

Basketball was created by a teacher for his students to play. Sports are recreation for children that we have turned into contests of entertainment in the past century.

kneroh
12-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Channing Tatum is a terrible actor!

Oh wait... I'm sorry, I was just having flashbacks.

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Lol. So let me get this straight. It's fine to watch programming aimed at children but I'm not allowed to be surprised if it doesn't meet my standards?? So by that rationale, I'm supposed to lower my entertainment standards because of the type of programming I'm watching? Why would I willingly watch something that doesn't meet my standards, cartoon or otherwise? I'm stunned at how this stuff tends to dribble out of mouths around here.

No, if you don't like something, don't watch it. And being surprised that a children's show doesn't meet adult standards is pretty backwards. I'm not asking you to lower your expectations. I'm asking you to understand that you aren't the intended audience, so if it's below you, you shouldn't be surprised.

Zefram
12-12-2010, 10:06 PM
That little asian golfer girl. Wei or something.

Lol. So let me get this straight. It's fine to watch programming aimed at children but I'm not allowed to be surprised if it doesn't meet my standards??

Crack wasn't made for white people. Does that mean we shouldn't be able to say crack is bad?

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Motivators/motivator6f7a0d64d7068dbedb18994521270d8256758f0f. jpg

Headman
12-12-2010, 10:06 PM

Yet your statement is still accurate.

swafus
12-12-2010, 10:08 PM
How can something meet your standards when it's not created to meet those standards?

That makes no sense.

And it can still be enjoyable. It just means that it's not all that you hoped it would be.

Seriously? My entertainment standards now have to modified due to the intention of the creators? I can't believe I'm reading this shit? So the fact that Renegades is made for children but you guys as adults are enjoying it means that your standards for entertainment are akin to that of 8 year olds? Okee-dokee then.

Also when it comes to entertainment, if I find something isn't what I'd hoped it would be, I don't find it enjoyable. Then I change the channel.

firefly069
12-12-2010, 10:08 PM

Classic LOL!

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Basketball was created by a teacher for his students to play. Sports are recreation for children that we have turned into contests of entertainment in the past century.

I concede. However, I still think that the point you're trying to make is flawed. Why are 90% of sports events sponsored by beer? Because the paying audience is adult males over the age of 21. Adults.

Zefram
12-12-2010, 10:12 PM
Seriously? My entertainment standards now have to modified due to the intention of the creators? I can't believe I'm reading this shit? So the fact that Renegades is made for children but you guys as adults are enjoying it means that your standards for entertainment are akin to that of 8 year olds? Okee-dokee then.

Nothing says teh internetz like grown men launching vitriolic rants over cartoons and people who disagree with them.

Also when it comes to entertainment, if I find something isn't what I'd hoped it would be, I don't find it enjoyable. Then I change the channel.

And then argue about it on the internetz?

swafus
12-12-2010, 10:13 PM
No, if you don't like something, don't watch it. And being surprised that a children's show doesn't meet adult standards is pretty backwards. I'm not asking you to lower your expectations. I'm asking you to understand that you aren't the intended audience, so if it's below you, you shouldn't be surprised.

I fully understand the target audience for this show is 8 year olds. So you can all feel free to refrain from informing me of this.

My standards are my standards. Just because I'm an adult doesn't mean I'm expecting Citizen Kane out of my cartoons. But I know shit animation and lazy character design when I see it and I have no interest bringing myself down a few notches to enjoy it "just because" it says G.I.Joe in the title.

Zefram
12-12-2010, 10:16 PM
But I know shit animation and lazy character design when I see it...

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Reactions/1272430219810.jpg

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 10:17 PM
I fully understand the target audience for this show is 8 year olds. So you can all feel free to refrain from informing me of this.

My standards are my standards. Just because I'm an adult doesn't mean I'm expecting Citizen Kane out of my cartoons. But I know shit animation and lazy character design when I see it and I have no interest bringing myself down a few notches to enjoy it "just because" it says G.I.Joe in the title.

Then turn it off and shut up.

You know what happens when I don't like something? I turn it off and I move on. And I don't waste time on it.

What DO you enjoy? Because if the shit you're watching is so fucking amazing, I'd love to to see it.

kennywr22
12-12-2010, 10:17 PM
I will never understand complete idiots who hate something so much, yet will watch it week after week and then bitch about how horrible it is. Its simple, dont watch!! Oh, yes swafus, please inform us of all the great programming you enjoy, since it is so much better.

swafus
12-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Nothing says teh internetz like grown men launching vitriolic rants over cartoons and people who disagree with them.

And then argue about it on the internetz?

Ha! Yeah I'll bet you're all greasy over the fact that your pals are here to back you up. Guess you got your feelings hurt getting owned earlier and then trying to casually blend in and change the subject. LOL!

Derek
12-12-2010, 10:20 PM

So whats your point, so lets get together and talk about it face to face.

swafus
12-12-2010, 10:20 PM
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Reactions/1272430219810.jpg

If not for levity, what would you hide behind? You are nothing if not predictable.

Headman
12-12-2010, 10:21 PM
I will never understand complete idiots who hate something so much, yet will watch it week after week and then bitch about how horrible it is. Its simple, dont watch!!

Sounds like they're trying to give it a chance, and however many episodes in (I stopped watching after 2) have decided to voice an opinion. Now, I know they're stupid because they chose a GI Joe forum to complain about a GI Joe cartoon when they should obviously save their bitching for their co-workers or possibly their priest.

Headman
12-12-2010, 10:22 PM
If not for levity, what would you hide behind? You are nothing if not predictable.

No... Dude you did not just say that. Woah man, just woah.

Zefram
12-12-2010, 10:23 PM
I tried to warn you all.

This is a prime reason why these kinds of threads are simply doomed to fail, because even if the original intent is pure, to voice genuine criticism of the work, you'll often be hard-pressed to find two people who can agree what its weaknesses are, and you only end up inviting the angry fanboy "IT SUXX0RZ!!" crowd.

A good thread, even about a single subject (Ex: character design) has open discussion on the positive and negative of that aspect. No matter how pure the intention, threads that are intended to focus on the negative end up turning into Trollopolis. -_-

OpusJoe
12-12-2010, 10:24 PM
You know what- I grew up watching the G.I. Joe of the 80's and I even had all the toys to go along with the shows- I can't say I've been collecting them- I just never got rid of them, so they have turned into a collection...and now I'm a collector of G.I. Joe who just happens to have a complete ARAH collection with all the big ones included...ALL OF THEM...
Now I can say that I haven't collected any G.I. Joe since the 80's until the 25 Anniversary figures came out and that resparked an interest- then I passed on the ROC cobra toys (until they went on super low clearance) and now I have a nice collection of the ROC figures- I think all but the Dukes and Ripcord- because COMEONE Ripcord is and will ALWAYS BE...a white Irish guy.

So back to my point...I have watched the new Renegades cartoon- and I think it's great. A retelling of a classic story and I hope to see some more great figures come from it.

I think it's great so far and I'm excited to see who will make an appearance and how they will fit into the new storyline of our classic Real American Hero.

Anyone who says that the new cartoon is crap, you need to rethink why you like G.I. Joem and you need to watch a few of the classic episodes...those caracters that were created when we were kids, was just someones vision of what they wanted them to be- not an absolute and a new vision with the key elements continuing is just fine.

Thats it from Tampa...

swafus
12-12-2010, 10:24 PM
I will never understand complete idiots who hate something so much, yet will watch it week after week and then bitch about how horrible it is. Its simple, dont watch!! Oh, yes swafus, please inform us of all the great programming you enjoy, since it is so much better.

Well, if you must know, one of my absolute favorites is a show called "You better be glad you're on the internet and not in front of me". It's a reality show where this guy kicks the shit out of people that run their mouth. You should check it out sometime.

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Ha! Yeah I'll bet you're all greasy over the fact that your pals are here to back you up. Guess you got your feelings hurt getting owned earlier and then trying to casually blend in and change the subject. LOL!

What are you so fired up about, man? You're spewing some vitriol and I don't know why you're so angry.

Zefram
12-12-2010, 10:25 PM

YES! YEEEES!!! Your anger makes you STRONG! Now unleash your wrath and take your place by my side!

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Reactions/palpatine-1.jpg

Headman
12-12-2010, 10:26 PM
I tried to warn you all.

This is a prime reason why these kinds of threads are simply doomed to fail, because even if the original intent is pure, to voice genuine criticism of the work, you'll often be hard-pressed to find two people who can agree what its weaknesses are, and you only end up inviting the angry fanboy "IT SUXX0RZ!!" crowd.

A good thread, even about a single subject (Ex: character design) has open discussion on the positive and negative of that aspect. No matter how pure the intention, threads that are intended to focus on the negative end up turning into Trollopolis. -_-

I disagree Zef. I think the fact that these threads turn into angry verbal slap fests are exactly what makes the Hisstank great.

Joebern28
12-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Not that this hasnt been mildly entertaining, but back to the topic at hand.

I've only watched the first 2 episodes thus far and I think my biggest negative is I'm not sure how i feel about the bio vipers. I guess when the new toon was coming I expected the usual cannon fodder blue shirt baddies, not bad guys out of a mason jar. The story and everything doesnt seem awful, if we enjoyed the original toons these arent too horrible in comparison. Thats where im trying to give it the benefit of the doubt.

And I agree with the few others that stated "how long are these guys gonna in renengade purgatory?" Are they forever going to be the not quite good but not bad group? I guess thats how they hope to keep us turning back into it to see how that plots unfolds.

Anyways just my 2 cents

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Well, if you must know, one of my absolute favorites is a show called "You better be glad you're on the internet and not in front of me". It's a reality show where this guy kicks the shit out of people that run their mouth. You should check it out sometime.

You're tough. Good for you.

I don't believe it.

Headman
12-12-2010, 10:28 PM
So by season 2 when the Joes are no longer wanted, will the show still be called Renegades? Assuming they realize that angle will be old long before the season ends.

kneroh
12-12-2010, 10:28 PM
http://www.learnamericanenglishonline.com/images/boy%20at%20movies%20eat%20popcorn.jpg

kennywr22
12-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Cool swafus, that show sounds awesome. Bet its canceled after the first episode.lol.

Headman
The people who disagree with me are worse than Hitler and Mark Summers combined.

Zefram
I disagree Zef. I think the fact that these threads turn into angry verbal slap fests are exactly what makes the Hisstank great.

I can't even totally disagree with that. Maybe it's good the mods have been holding back a bit. The Tank just needs to blow off steam every once in awhile.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Motivators/awkward.jpg

Gyre-Viper
So by season 2 when the Joes are no longer wanted, will the show still be called Renegades? Assuming they realize that angle will be old long before the season ends.

old? old how? that's like saying that in episode 5 the Avengers should just disband.

swafus
12-12-2010, 10:31 PM
What are you so fired up about, man? You're spewing some vitriol and I don't know why you're so angry.

The only thing I'm angry about is the attempts to gang tackle me in this thread. Truth be told I watched the first episode of Renegades and I didn;t care for it. I stated why earlier in the thread and that was it. I have absolutely no passion for it whatsoever. It could be stricken from my memory and I would be just fine.

What I take issue with is the gang of trolls that seems to be running rampant lately. I love a good debate but the majority of the shit being spewed in here is completely nonsensical.

Headman
12-12-2010, 10:32 PM
old? old how? that's like saying that in episode 5 the Avengers should just disband.

Ok, so they're going to just stay on the run the whole time? Really, think season 3 of Prison Break. Weee Todd Ed!

gunslingercbr
12-12-2010, 10:33 PM

no, that isn't what anyone is doing at all. what is being said is it is completely asinine to critique a cartoon for children with mature standards. nothing about that is reflective of any criticism of people who like cartoons. in fact, it is the opposite; the argument is if you don't like cartoons for children than stop watching them, you've obviously outgrown them.

your attempt to correlate that to sports is not only flawed because it ignores the vast differences between professional sports and children's cartoons, but also irrelevant.

swafus
12-12-2010, 10:34 PM

I don't believe it.

;-) ask around sweetcakes, they know me here.

Black Llama
12-12-2010, 10:34 PM
The people who disagree with me are worse than Hitler and Mark Summers combined.

http://cdn.sheknows.com/realitytvmagazine/2009/11/ryan-seacrest-producer.jpg??

Zefram
12-12-2010, 10:35 PM
If not for levity, what would you hide behind?

“Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it.” - Bill Cosby

“It is a curious fact that people are never so trivial as when they take themselves seriously.” - Oscar Wilde

“A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.” - Henry Ward Beecher

“Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things” - George Carlin

“I wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?'” - Jerry Seinfeld

“Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night” - Dave Barry

Joebern28
12-12-2010, 10:36 PM

Thats what I stated before, where exactly will our group of "renegades" end up? Will they stay renegades indefinitely or eventually brought into the mix? That could be something that keeps the Duke, SE, Scarlett ets fans tuning in. "How are they going to treat one of my fave characters?"

gunslingercbr
12-12-2010, 10:37 PM
you can't be effing serious? actually, I take that back. sadly, you are.

yes, you are right, Barnie and Citizen Kane were made to appeal to the same audience and thus should be judged identically. how stupid of us.

seriously, the only person who probably has anything dribbling out of their mouths is someone that doesn't know that various types of entertainment are directed at different audience levels, and thus aren't judged the same. they also have to wear helmets on a daily basis, and wear diapers.

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 10:37 PM
The only thing I'm angry about is the attempts to gang tackle me in this thread. Truth be told I watched the first episode of Renegades and I didn;t care for it. I stated why earlier in the thread and that was it. I have absolutely no passion for it whatsoever. It could be stricken from my memory and I would be just fine.

What I take issue with is the gang of trolls that seems to be running rampant lately. I love a good debate but the majority of the shit being spewed in here is completely nonsensical.

Just for the sake of pointing out,you came at me first. I like CBR, I think he's got a solid Bullshitometer, and I pointed it out. Then we spiraled out of control.

There was no ganging up. I might agree with Zef and generally like the dude, but I don't know anything about him outside of this board.

But otherwise, you've gotten angry and profane and threatened physical violence. So... I don't know man.

no, that isn't what anyone is doing at all. what is being said is it is completely asinine to critique a cartoon for children with mature standards. nothing about that is reflective of any criticism of people who like cartoons. in fact, it is the opposite; the argument is if you don't like cartoons for children than stop watching them, you've obviously outgrown them.

your attempt to correlate that to sports is not only flawed because it ignores the vast differences between professional sports and children's cartoons, but also irrelevant.

::swoons::

Troynos
12-12-2010, 10:39 PM

No one is saying your entertainment standards have to be changed. You like what you like.

Look at it like this:

Boom! Studios releases a line of kids comic books like Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers and Incredibles.

When I go to read one of those, I don't expect the same things out of it that I would if I was reading an issue of Jason Aaron's Wolverine, Avengers, Batman, Superman or any other of the comics.

It doesn't mean I can't enjoy it. Also doesn't mean that I have to adjust my entertainment standards. It just means that I don't look at it the same as I would an issue of Avengers.

I wouldn't enjoy an issue of Avengers if the art was similar to Darkwing Duck, for example, or if the writing was at that level.

Doesn't mean Darkwing Duck isn't good. It's just not the same.

Like RoC toys and PoC.

PoC was created for us. The figures are more detailed, more of what we (as fans) look for. RoC was intended more for the kids they hoped would flock to the product, thats why there were more action features and things they thought would appeal more to kids.

Doesn't mean we couldn't/didn't enjoy the RoC toys. Just meant that we had to realize that the reason they came with oversized missile launchers wasn't for us but for the kids.

Gyre-Viper
12-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Ok, so they're going to just stay on the run the whole time? Really, think season 3 of Prison Break. Weee Todd Ed!

well SOMETIMES that actually forces writers to be creative. however, I do concur that if at the end of season 2... we're still navel-deep in Renegade exposition... that could be a problem. but again it's how they handle it.
I mean there is the chance of it being too rushed as well. at the same time... there's a LOT of joes and cobras to get through. so I'm remaining optimistic.

gunslingercbr
12-12-2010, 10:41 PM

I don't believe it.

believe it. one time, there was a big Hisstank disagreement, and he challenged them all to a fight behind the local TGIF after closing. the board members that met him there were never heard from again.

Barefoot Jedi
12-12-2010, 10:42 PM

http://cdn.sheknows.com/realitytvmagazine/2009/11/ryan-seacrest-producer.jpg??

I haven't been able to really follow the discussion since this.

Whoah.

It's like how the Shamwow guy looks like a velociraptor.

Uncanny.

Troynos
12-12-2010, 10:43 PM
well SOMETIMES that actually forces writers to be creative. however, I do concur that if at the end of season 2... we're still navel-deep in Renegade exposition... that could be a problem. but again it's how they handle it.
I mean there is the chance of it being too rushed as well. at the same time... there's a LOT of joes and cobras to get through. so I'm remaining optimistic.

Chances are they'll just change the name to something else that reflects the season's "goal" or "theme".

They stated the goal, at last year's Joecon, was to show how the Joe team comes about and have a 5-7 year plan. So wouldn't make much sense to keep the Renegades title.

I think "Renegades" will end up being the "theme" of the first season or two.

sjames90
12-12-2010, 10:44 PM
believe it. one time, there was a big Hisstank disagreement, and he challenged them all to a fight behind the local TGIF after closing. the board members that met him there were never heard from again.

I thought it was a TJ Maxx? I may be thinking of another time.

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 10:44 PM

Stop trying to get this train back on track.

Did they laugh themselves to death?

Oh, wait, we're ganging up...

swafus
12-12-2010, 10:46 PM

I was wondering where you were hiding. Point of fact that is exactly what members here are doing when they use the "grown-ass-man" clause. I'm a cartoon fan but I like what I like according to my standards. They aren't necessarily adult but they are mine and mine alone. The fact that I don't like Renegades doesn't mean I can't like anything animated that is aimed at children which is what was implied. I've been targeted as being angry about renegades and I could truly not give a shit.

Zefram
12-12-2010, 10:47 PM
I haven't been able to really follow the discussion since this.

Whoah.

It's like how the Shamwow guy looks like a velociraptor.

Uncanny.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/win/AwesomeThread.jpg

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 10:48 PM
I was wondering where you were hiding. Point of fact that is exactly what members here are doing when they use the "grown-ass-man" clause. I'm a cartoon fan but I like what I like according to my standards. They aren't necessarily adult but they are mine and mine alone. The fact that I don't like Renegades doesn't mean I can't like anything animated that is aimed at children which is what was implied. I've been targeted as being angry about renegades and I could truly not give a shit.

Then let it go.

Echo7Solo
12-12-2010, 10:48 PM

yeah I know. I just didn't want people getting the wrong idea from the start. It's cool Zef.

SNAKE EYES
12-12-2010, 10:50 PM
In any case, I think it was wise of Hub to air the first two eps together, as while the first ep worked as a first act, it wasn't that solid as a standalone episode and really needed the second ep to close up the premiere.

^This is true.

The first episode was kind of bad in my opinion... then the second episode pulled me back in and the third and fourth were great... basically Renegades is getting better by the episode.

I just hope the trend continues.

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 10:52 PM
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/win/AwesomeThread.jpg

I'll see that and raise you:

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy85/jaybeane/ad32a519.png

Bad Sociologist
12-12-2010, 10:53 PM
I like the overall premise but the art is killing it for me. I'm the same way with comics. Doesn't matter how good the story is if they bring in Kordgy or Bachelo or one of those other kindergarten artists.

xSwamiJayx
Shhhh1 everyone chill out, mom and dad are here!

:)

Troynos
Another way to put it...

I have two different standards for cartoons/comics/etc..

1- stuff created for the adult audience
2- stuff created for a kid audience that I still enjoy

swafus
Then let it go.

Nigh impossible for a guy like me when being surrounded by bloodthirsty toy nerds hurling well disguised insults. I'm still amazed I just spent 2 hours babbling at all you fancy lads. lol

Troynos
12-12-2010, 10:54 PM
I like the overall premise but the art is killing it for me. I'm the same way with comics. Doesn't matter how good the story is if they bring in Kordgy or Bachelo or one of those other kindergarten artists.

I'll agree with Igor (I can't remember how to spell his last name either), but disagree on Bachalo.

It's not a style that works for every book, or every tastes, but I love me some Bachalo art.

Wry1
12-12-2010, 10:54 PM
Ooooh, a good ol' fashioned keyboard fight.

gunslingercbr
12-12-2010, 10:55 PM
sorry, next time I will sit around the computer hitting refresh and eagerly awaiting your response.

you don't have to like it, that's fine. but your post was a response to a response to my post, and neither were directed at people who simply don't like the cartoon because it doesn't appeal to them in concept or animation style, they were directed at people who criticize it for being a cartoon and it's storytelling and character development being executed like cartoons are -- with simplicity to be easily followed by children.

adults can still find that enjoyable. but it is ludicrous for an adult to criticize a cartoon purposefully told with simplicity so children can follow it for being simple and not told with the complexity and maturity of adult fare.

SNAKE EYES
Let's try to get this thread back on topic... instead of attacking each other like first graders.

Gyre-Viper
Stop trying to get this train back on track.

The idea that there are so many Joes and Cobras at their disposal ... to use over however many seasons... I just can't help but be excited... So far the writing has a little bit for everyone... kids and mature audiences etc. The final version of Resolute lacked patience. It's okay to tell a story. Instead Resolute put forth a story (assassinations etc) but didn't actually tell the story.

Did you ever watch the X-Men cartoon... where they did Age of Apocalypse for a few episodes or the Genosha episodes... and there were all these cameos of characters like Holocaust and Reaper etc... I remember watching those episodes and being excited to see those characters come to life via animation but the problem was... they were just split second cameos. GI JOE is in a position to actually tell a story instead of a bunch of different plots every week and when characters are introduced... they probably won't be just cameos for a split second during a big action sequence. They might not become mainstays but at least they'll be there for a reason. When you listen to an album... do you want an ALBUM or a string of singles trying to pass for an album.

swafus
12-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Ooooh, a good ol' fashioned keyboard fight.

Yeah bro, you know me, gotta clean the pipes every now and then. Not like the old days though, now the trolls hunt in packs.

SNAKE EYES
12-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Shhhh1 everyone chill out, my 3 dads are here!

:)

Settle down sonny boy :D

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Nigh impossible for a guy like me when being surrounded by bloodthirsty toy nerds hurling well disguised insults. I'm still amazed I just spent 2 hours babbling at all you fancy lads. lol

Me too.

And I don't know that I hurled any insults, well-disguised or otherwise. Except not believing that you're a tough guy and things related to that. But those were blatant.

Anyway. Did you see the ewok in the DeLorean? How awesome is THAT shit?

The Batman
12-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Ooooooh boy!! Can I join in this bar-fight??!! I am always looking to get an infraction for talking about something stupid!

kneroh
12-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Let's try to get this thread back on topic... instead of attacking each other like first graders.

Maybe it's an attempt to embody the target audience so we can enjoy it on that level?

SNAKE EYES
12-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Ooooooh boy!! Can I join in this bar-fight??!! I am always looking to get an infraction for talking about something stupid!

No

Maybe it's an attempt to embody the target audience so we can enjoy it on that level?

Possibly

Zefram
12-12-2010, 11:01 PM
I'll see that and raise you:

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy85/jaybeane/ad32a519.png

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Reactions/doc_brown-full.jpg

swafus
sorry, next time I will sit around the computer hitting refresh and eagerly awaiting your response.

you don't have to like it, that's fine. but your post was a response to a response to my post, and neither were directed at people who simply don't like the cartoon because it doesn't appeal to them in concept or animation style, they were directed at people who criticize it for being a cartoon and it's storytelling and character development being executed like cartoons are -- with simplicity to be easily followed by children.

adults can still find that enjoyable. but it is ludicrous for an adult to criticize a cartoon purposefully told with simplicity so children can follow it for being simple and not told with the complexity and maturity of adult fare.

No worries chester, I just like you where I can see you.
I'm not sure if we are even on the same page? I actually did very little to attack renegades. I was merely defending the rights of people that do find fault with it to have the lattitude to say so in this thread. Zefram walked in here almost demanding that the thread be closed.

Headman
I'm down for a real life fist fight, but I must warn you... I fashioned my keyboard from the bones of my enemies.

xSwamiJayx

Settle down sonny boy :D

nice creative editing... Not first grade material at all... Third, at least. :)

Yeah bro, you know me, gotta clean the pipes every now and then. Not like the old days though, now the trolls hunt in packs.

The guy threatening to beat people up is calling everyone else trolls...

My final statement on the matter: I like Renegades.

The Batman
12-12-2010, 11:02 PM

Have you seen 1st graders attack each other? I think they throw crayons and markers at each other and pinch and bite. This feud is a little more violent than that. I actually brought a baseball bat into this thread when I came in!

Echo7Solo
12-12-2010, 11:03 PM

Last time I checked everybody has a right to their own opinion. On a personal level I enjoy reading others opinions. You have a right to like it as much as you want or hate it as much as you want. You also have a right to express your feelings openly. Having said that the only thing I ask is that EVERYBODY shows as much respect to themselves as well as to others as they feel they deserve to be shown to them.

Swafus, I have no problem with your feelings toward Renegades and more than welcome you to express that at any time. I also hope that other people here read this and follow along the same lines. An inelegant post with valid points speaks volumes more than internet head butting and threats across cyberspace.

I don't care if we all get along but everybody being civil is very much within reason.

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 11:03 PM
do you want an ALBUM or a string of singles trying to pass for an album.

Albums, every time.

And seeing each season as an album is an awesome way to look at it. Nice metaphor, dude.

swafus
12-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Me too.

And I don't know that I hurled any insults, well-disguised or otherwise. Except not believing that you're a tough guy and things related to that. But those were blatant.

Anyway. Did you see the ewok in the DeLorean? How awesome is THAT shit?

:-) You sir have won me over. At least until we meet in a back alley some day and have an old fashioned knife fight.

SNAKE EYES
12-12-2010, 11:04 PM
I actually brought a baseball bat into this thread when I came in!

You need to loan it to the Cowboys... it might help them with their defense :D

Wry1
12-12-2010, 11:05 PM
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/backwoodz_tuner/internet_tough_guys.jpg

The Batman
12-12-2010, 11:05 PM
No

Your gonna have to bring a bigger broom with you if you think your gonna shoo me out of this saloon!! I need to get my licks in while I can so I can disappear for another month until another pointless thread of arguing and bitchin makes it's way to the Hisstank!! (Oh wait, that is 95% of all threads)

SNAKE EYES
12-12-2010, 11:06 PM
nice creative editing.

Thought you might like that.

The Batman
12-12-2010, 11:07 PM
I don't care if we all get along but everybody being civil is very much within reason.

Booooooooo!!! (Throws a bottle at Echo) Quit trying to be a peacemaker and let us feud like the Hatfields and Mccoys!!

swafus
12-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Last time I checked everybody has a right to their own opinion. On a personal level I enjoy reading others opinions. You have a right to like it as much as you want or hate it as much as you want. You also have a right to express your feelings openly. Having said that the only thing I ask is that EVERYBODY shows as much respect to themselves as well as to others as they feel they deserve to be shown to them.

Swafus, I have no problem with your feelings toward Renegades and more than welcome you to express that at any time. I also hope that other people here read this and follow along the same lines. An inelegant post with valid points speaks volumes more than internet head butting and threats across cyberspace.

Agreed. Although I didn't threaten anyone ;-)

swafus
12-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Booooooooo!!! (Throws a bottle at Echo) Quit trying to be a peacemaker and let us feud like the Hatfields and Mccoys!!

Just like you to miss all the excitement batsy.

Echo7Solo
12-12-2010, 11:10 PM

Hey everybody it's Sheriff Grady Byrd! When did you get to town?

12-12-2010, 11:10 PM
The main problem with this show is that it's not original. From the title onward it's an A-TEAM ripoff, which might not be an issue if the movie had not came out this year and still fresh in my mind.
But this shows not meant for me, it's aimed at the kid's, thats not a bad thing eventually all us old fucks are going to die, but maybe G.I. JOE will go on. Sling, son you and your boys really need to learn to fight on your own. Constantly triple team people to shut them up is really getting old. STOP shotting from the lip, they make a cream for that now.

The Batman
12-12-2010, 11:11 PM
I always come in when the fire has been put out and the last call for alcohol has been made. Dammit, well back to watching these sorry ass Cowboys.

Zefram
12-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Your gonna have to bring a bigger broom with you if you think your gonna shoo me out of this saloon!! I need to get my licks in while I can so I can disappear for another month until another pointless thread of arguing and bitchin makes it's way to the Hisstank!! (Oh wait, that is 95% of all threads)

“The Internet is a giant international network of intelligent, informed computer enthusiasts, by which I mean, "people without lives." We don't care. We have each other...” - Dave Barry

:D

Gyre-Viper
12-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Albums, every time.

And seeing each season as an album is an awesome way to look at it. Nice metaphor, dude.

I mean if you're gonna put out an "album" of singles... why not just call it a greatest hits.

The Batman
12-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Hey everybody it's Sheriff Grady Byrd! When did you get to town?

O Dear Jeebus!!! Grady Byrd?? Really?? That is some serious insults your throwing around there Huey!! I am actually stunned and amazed at the same time. It's quite a weird feeling!

swafus
12-12-2010, 11:13 PM

I never threatened anyone and yup there are a couple of card-carrying trolls running about.

My final statement on the matter: I like Renegades.[/QUOTE]

While I disagree, I will defend to the death your right to.

Derek
12-12-2010, 11:15 PM
You should all know Swafus didn't start anything and Shin Chan is more enjoyable than renegades. So is American ninja 1&2.

1982 thats a badass avatar pic.

Zefram
The main problem with this show is that it's not original. From the title onward it's an A-TEAM ripoff, which might not be an issue if the movie had not came out this year and still fresh in my mind.

A-Team is as much an 80s icon as Joe. It's likely the creators are just giving shout-outs, but you're right in that the A-Team movie kinda killed the novelty of what they were trying.

Sling, son you and your boys really need to learn to fight on your own. Constantly triple team people to shut them up is really getting old. STOP shotting from the lip, they make a cream for that now.

You really need to go back and read this thread from the beginning before you decide on whose side to take.

Echo7Solo
While I disagree, I will defend to the death your right to.

you and me both

swafus
12-12-2010, 11:16 PM
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg194/backwoodz_tuner/internet_tough_guys.jpg

Been nosing through my tough guy pictures I see. You should have picked the one with the zorro mask.

Gyre-Viper
12-12-2010, 11:16 PM
<<<< Bio-Viper likes parties.

The Batman
12-12-2010, 11:20 PM
I watch Renegades because there is nothing on while I am trying to solve my insomnia. But watching about 10 minutes of Renegades will damn sure put you to sleep from boredom and lack of interest. ALTHOUGH... the Hard Master episode did get 30 minutes of my attention.

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 11:22 PM
I mean if you're gonna put out an "album" of singles... why not just call it a greatest hits.

Although, I do have some albums where I feel that every song could be a single....

Anyway. Seeing the season as an album allows for a bum tune every now and again. Even 4 star albums have songs worth skipping. The only 5 star album tv show I can think of is Arrested Development. 30Rock is a solid 4. The Office is 3 1/2.

Renegades? Too early to tell. It's a kckass 7" so far, though.

the odinson
12-12-2010, 11:23 PM
you guys are killing me. the wife can only hear the old 'i can't come to bed right now 'cause i have 18 pages of internet bickering about gi joe to get through' excuse so many times.
ahhhhh, the tank.

Saboteur
12-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Yeah I'll watch it all the way through and I am glad there is new media for new fans.
But all in all it's just okay for me. It's not AWESOME, it's not THE COOLEST THING EVA!, it's just..... good enough to watch.

Agree with this. It's not the greatest things in the world, but it's good and I've enjoyed it so far.

In regards the starter of the thread, I'm personally impressed with how they are keeping it to a small core group, yet have many appearances from other members of the universe. I mean, it's just 4 episodes old and already we've had Bludd, Breaker, Jinx, Storm Shadow and the Hard Master. We know Scrap Iron is coming. Zartan is coming. As is Destro.

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 11:26 PM
you guys are killing me. the wife can only hear the old 'i can't come to bed right now 'cause i have 18 pages of internet bickering about gi joe to get through' excuse so many times.
ahhhhh, the tank.

I just pretend I'm pooping.

So, yes, frequently you're debating a half naked man that is pretending to (sometimes actually) poop.

the odinson
12-12-2010, 11:27 PM

So, yes, frequently you're debating a half naked man that is pretending to (sometimes actually) poop.

she would think it was weird that i was pooping in the computer room, where no toilet is located.

Headman
12-12-2010, 11:28 PM

I never threatened anyone and yup there are a couple of card-carrying trolls running about.

My final statement on the matter: I like Renegades.

The cards are monogrammed too!

sjames90

This made my night with laughter.

Gyre-Viper
Although, I do have some albums where I feel that every song could be a single....

Anyway. Seeing the season as an album allows for a bum tune every now and again. Even 4 star albums have songs worth skipping. The only 5 star album tv show I can think of is Arrested Development. 30Rock is a solid 4. The Office is 3 1/2.

Renegades? Too early to tell. It's a kckass 7" so far, though.

Yeah Arrested Development (and the Wire) are the only shows I can say for sure are 5 star albums.

There are definitely things about Renegades I'm not into. But there are things that make up for those things that don't appeal to me.

Shin Densetsu

I find them entertaining, it's just a bunch of grown men bitching back and forth. I just hope whomever is participating is not too sensitive and does not take each post seriously, because the following is true no matter what:

Anime is better, ninjas rule, and Resolute was the best GI Joe cartoon ever created.

Anyone who disagrees will be banned on the spot. Anyone who further continues to argue otherwise will be showed up once I personally create the sequel to Resolute using a used napkin from Wendy's and the tip of a melted crayon, to prove how awesome Resolute was.

I will then laugh because no one will have bothered to read the 2nd sentence I posted in the 1st paragraph

Zefram

Who needs to pretend?

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii285/wiro_bucket/Stupidity/internet_toilet.jpg

kneroh
12-12-2010, 11:29 PM
she would think it was weird that i was pooping in the computer room, where no toilet is located.

Just wheel in your ROC Pitt. It turns any room it's in into a bathroom.

Headman
12-12-2010, 11:32 PM
I find them entertaining, it's just a bunch of grown men bitching back and forth. I just hope whomever is participating is not too sensitive and does not take each post seriously, because the following is true no matter what:

Anime is better, ninjas rule, and Resolute was the best GI Joe cartoon ever created.

Anyone who disagrees will be banned on the spot. Anyone who further continues to argue otherwise will be showed up once I personally create the sequel to Resolute using a used napkin from Wendy's and the tip of a melted crayon, to prove how awesome Resolute was.

I will then laugh because no one will have bothered to read the 2nd sentence I posted in the 1st paragraph

You're on fire lately Shin. You got the juice now.

GrimReaper957

Holy Shit, That's true

swafus

I have no doubt. More than likely bejeweled as well.

the odinson
12-12-2010, 11:33 PM

yes, that thing looks like it could hold a mess of shit. probably have to hover, though.

swafus
12-12-2010, 11:34 PM

I just poured a drink to you, old friend. *cheers*

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 11:34 PM

Ugh. A computer in a room? You must be poor. I have an iPad.

This made my night with laughter.

I aim to please. And insult, apparently. Reading over my other comment there... Shit, I don't even have a job. FULL-TIME STUDENT BABY!

sjames90
12-12-2010, 11:36 PM
I aim to please. And insult, apparently. Reading over my other comment there... Shit, I don't even have a job. FULL-TIME STUDENT BABY!

Someone hire this fellow! Wit counts in life!

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 11:36 PM

I have no doubt. More than likely bejeweled as well.

... can I... Can I have one? Please?

swafus
12-12-2010, 11:37 PM
yes, that thing looks like it could hold a mess of shit. probably have to hover, though.

Yeah but it was made for 8 year olds. You have to lower your standards a bit.

Headman
12-12-2010, 11:37 PM

You gotta earn it. Just derail a bunch of threads and we'll be in touch.

Zefram
12-12-2010, 11:38 PM

Wait, if you look at the first statement, then the third, then take Sigma 6 into account...

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Motivators/TimeParadox.gif

swafus

Keep the right company and they apparently show up in the mail with a sample of Tide

xSwamiJayx
Someone hire this fellow! Wit counts in life!

Yeah, but I'm going to need, like, A LOT of time off so that I can continue not doing anything productive.

Did anyone else thnk that Jinx sounded like Amy from Futurama?

Headman
12-12-2010, 11:40 PM
Keep the right company and they apparently show up in the mail with a sample of Tide

Yeah, or you could do that.

Shin Densetsu
12-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Wait, if you look at the first statement, then the third, then take Sigma 6 into account...

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Motivators/TimeParadox.gif

I..I...I.........

Hey Zef, you made a "pyramid scheme" GET IT?

Echo7Solo
12-12-2010, 11:43 PM
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n131/echo7solo/GL%20CORPS/facepalm.jpg

the odinson
12-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Yeah but it was made for 8 year olds. You have to lower your standards a bit.

i'll just use mib uss flags, they were made for 8 year olds when 8 year olds were cool.

Echo7Solo
12-12-2010, 11:44 PM
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n131/echo7solo/GL%20CORPS/facepalm.jpg

that one wasn't enough

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n131/echo7solo/GL%20CORPS/assguy-1.jpg

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 11:46 PM

Fuck Tide! I use SHOUT!

It's very effective.

RenHoek
12-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Is it safe yet? Flame war over?

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 11:48 PM
you gotta earn it. Just derail a bunch of threads and we'll be in touch.

gleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 11:48 PM

It's never safe. You should know that.

Having no luck finding who voiced Jinx.

Derek
12-12-2010, 11:49 PM

Ren wouldn't hide from something like this, stimpy would.

Shin Densetsu
12-12-2010, 11:50 PM
You're on fire lately Shin. You got the juice now.

Now? I've had the juice chief, now let's see if you can model yourself after me. I give you props for the user name, the Headman figure and character in the DiCK cartoons was laughable but you are cool, and maybe one day, you too, can become a Mandalorian Sithlord Arashikage. Stay classy padawan

Holy Shit, That's true

It is. You have been enlightened.

swafus

Yeah we're all pals now. Nobody got injured.

xSwamiJayx

Never mind. Found it. Not the same lady.

RenHoek
12-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Ren wouldn't hide from something like this, stimpy would.

Yeah, well, Ren's been taking anger management classes so he won't hurt everyone's feeling like he used to, which would led to him being banned from the only thing in his life that really matters to him at the moment. :)

Zefram
12-12-2010, 11:53 PM
I..I...I.........

Hey Zef, you made a "pyramid scheme" GET IT?

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Motivators/barkley3.jpg

The Batman
12-12-2010, 11:53 PM
Damn, why do we have to be all friendly now? Just because 3 mods are refreshing this thread doesn't mean we shouldn't still throw a punch or seven!

SNAKE EYES
12-12-2010, 11:54 PM

Just checked IMDB and no luck they haven't updated with episode 4 yet.

"G.I. Joe: Renegades" (2010) - Full cast and crew (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1705038/fullcredits#cast)

Edit: saw that you found it... what site had the info?

xSwamiJayx
12-12-2010, 11:55 PM

Yeah we're all pals now. Nobody got injured.

Dammit! Why do you always have to contradict me?

RenHoek
12-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Dammit! Why do you always have to contradict me?

Maybe he's the anti-jaybeane?

Zefram
12-12-2010, 11:56 PM

"G.I. Joe: Renegades" (2010) - Full cast and crew (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1705038/fullcredits#cast)

IMDB is slow as poop. Try Wiki.

G.I. Joe: Renegades - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Joe:_Renegades)

swafus
12-12-2010, 11:57 PM

anti-swafus has a much sweeter zing to it.

Shin Densetsu
12-12-2010, 11:57 PM
Damn, why do we have to be all friendly now? Just because 3 mods are refreshing this thread doesn't mean we shouldn't still throw a punch or seven!

You overlooked that an ADMIN came in.

BTW Swafus can dislike the cartoon, I don't care. FIGHT!

Echo7Solo
12-12-2010, 11:58 PM

lol..... shut up Grady! :D

The Batman
12-12-2010, 11:59 PM
Bah, Admin. That just means their boots are shinier and they carry a bigger stick than the Pee-ons right below them. LOL

Headman
12-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Now? I've had the juice chief, now let's see if you can model yourself after me. I give you props for the user name, the Headman figure and character in the DiCK cartoons was laughable but you are cool, and maybe one day, you too, can become a Mandalorian Sithlord Arashikage. Stay classy padawan

It is. You have been enlightened.

Shin... Do you even read the tank? I'm sort of a big deal.

Shin Densetsu
Bah, Admin. That just means their boots are shinier and they carry a bigger stick than the Pee-ons right below them. LOL

*adds Batmandk02 to ban-when-bored-list*

xSwamiJayx

anti-swafus has a much sweeter zing to it.

Only the anti-jaybeane would say that.

swafus
12-13-2010, 12:03 AM
You overlooked that an ADMIN came in.

BTW Swafus can dislike the cartoon, I don't care. FIGHT!

Lol, as much as I appreciate the green light I may be a bit too rowdy for these boys. It's better if we all use our dinner manners on any hot button topics these days it seems. Good thing it's not life or death, we'd all be screwed.

The Batman
12-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Ha!!! The underling Echo-Solo has been playing with my avatar and made it much better!! I AM GRADY BYRD AND DAMMIT I RULE WITH AN IRON FIST IN THIS FORUM!!!!

Echo7Solo
12-13-2010, 12:04 AM
*adds Batmandk02 to ban-when-bored-list*

nah just change his avatar to a bad replacement Sheriff from Dukes of Hazzard and that will put him in his place.... oh wait.... I did that.... nevermind, find your own way to smite him

swafus
12-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Only the anti-jaybeane would say that.

That's what the anti-swafus wants me to think!

Headman
12-13-2010, 12:05 AM
nah just change his avatar to a bad replacement Sheriff from Dukes of Hazzard and that will put him in his place.... oh wait.... I did that.... nevermind, find your own way to smite him

Yeah, but you just made him like a thousand times cooler.

xSwamiJayx

Edit: saw that you found it... what site had the info?

This one:

G.I. Joe: Renegades - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Joe:_Renegades)

The Batman
Try again Echo, I ninja'd you while you were using 2 fingers to type that message. Slow Typer!! Muhahahahahah!

Echo7Solo

yeah I did.

RenHoek
12-13-2010, 12:06 AM

You two are the same person, aren't you?

Saboteur
12-13-2010, 12:06 AM
I found Renegades at Ross today. I think it's time for the panic button with Renegades.

xSwamiJayx
12-13-2010, 12:08 AM

You am be anti- me, I no am be anti-you!

I said it in bizarro-speak, so you would understand it better. Fortunately, it's one of the hundreds of languages I speak. This list also includes drunkenese, Lit Majorish and, yes, Trollan.

Echo7Solo
12-13-2010, 12:09 AM
Try again Echo, I ninja'd you while you were using 2 fingers to type that message. Slow Typer!! Muhahahahahah!

yeah but my avatar isn't the Dick who replaced both Darren and Rosco :D

swafus
12-13-2010, 12:10 AM
Well gentlemen, it's been fun as always but I've got places to go and faces to punch. See you guys at the next semi-annual scathing and meaningless debate :-)

Headman
yeah but my avatar isn't the Dick who replaced both Darren and Rosco :D

Yeah. Yours is the dick who replaced Allen Scott.

Shin Densetsu
Lol, as much as I appreciate the green light I may be a bit too rowdy for these boys. It's better if we all use our dinner manners on any hot button topics these days it seems. Good thing it's not life or death, we'd all be screwed.

Anyone can express their opinion so long as they don't break the rules, so yeah, like Renegades, loathe it, hate it, want to see Resolute 2 even if it will never happen, I don't care, so long as the rules are kept in mind. Everyone can master debate without trying to beat each other's ass.

I mean shit most of the comments I read were pretty damn funny. I can only imagine what the GI Joe 2 threads will be like. Wait did I just jinx...

FIGHT!

You two are the same person, aren't you?

I IZ CONFUSD.

The Batman

No matter how cool I become in this forum, I am still light years away from being as cool as Headman. Even the Mods and Admin bow to him like he is Darkseid!!

Echo7Solo
12-13-2010, 12:11 AM
Yeah. Yours is the dick who replaced Allen Scott.

you make my eyes rain :(

swafus
12-13-2010, 12:11 AM
You am be anti- me, I no am be anti-you!

I said it in bizarro-speak, so you would understand it better. Fortunately, it's one of the hundreds of languages I speak. This list also includes drunkenese, Lit Majorish and, yes, Trollan.

I alas until I meet we again and I'm on were it us at all before me do u to be me and u.