PDA

View Full Version : Renegades Jinx

Monkeywrench
12-11-2010, 12:32 AM
Who is excited for a Renegades Jinx figure?

Zefram
12-11-2010, 12:37 AM
Best part is they could give her swappable heads (masked and unmasked) and satisfy ARAH and renegades fans.

Lifeline_MD
12-11-2010, 12:38 AM
anyone have a picture for those of us who DON"T get Renegades on TV?

Monkeywrench
12-11-2010, 12:43 AM
Best part is they could give her swappable heads (masked and unmasked) and satisfy ARAH and renegades fans.

I agree. I'm really digging her new look

Monkeywrench
12-11-2010, 12:52 AM

Here is a link to Generaljoes great review and it has 4 short clips of the show where u can see some of Jinx. If you care about SPOILERS don't click the link though.

Episode Four – Return of the Arashikage (Part 1) | G.I. Joe: Renegades (http://generalsjoes.com/renegades/episode-guide/season-one/episode-four-return-of-the-arashikage-part-1/)

Lifeline_MD
12-11-2010, 12:58 AM
She looks like a teenage schoolgirl to me.

Not impressed.

Hasbro did say they'd do a classic look for a figure before a modern update, so that's what I hope for with jinx.

MeLikeJinx
12-11-2010, 01:28 AM
That's MeLikeJinx's favorite look BTW. LOL.

Renegades Jinx does look like the typical shinobi girl with the short skirt and leggings that you see in various animes, but that's why I like her look so much. Her personality kind of reminds me of Ahsoka Tano actually.

villainsrule
12-11-2010, 02:55 AM
That's MeLikeJinx's favorite look BTW. LOL.

Renegades Jinx does look like the typical shinobi girl with the short skirt and leggings that you see in various animes, but that's why I like her look so much. Her personality kind of reminds me of Ahsoka Tano actually.

I agree, this is what I like about her too. Also I was going to make a post about this as well so good thing someone started the thread first. I would love to have a working cloak with the figure as depicted in the episode and hopefully the realistic look that hasbro claims they'll have would make her look sexier. I can see a lot of great customs coming from a sexy, cloaked, short skirted female figure.

Blaster'spunchingbagg
12-11-2010, 02:57 AM
See I didn't know what to vote, Do I want a Jinx in this style, no not particularly, if it's that or nothing will I still buy it? Yes. Would IO rather a modern update to the classic figure? You bet!

A.C.T.
12-11-2010, 04:06 AM
See I didn't know what to vote, Do I want a Jinx in this style, no not particularly, if it's that or nothing will I still buy it? Yes. Would IO rather a modern update to the classic figure? You bet!
^^this. I voted no but I would buy her. OG first.

Gatchaman
12-11-2010, 04:18 AM
Hasbro did say they'd do a classic look for a figure before a modern update, so that's what I hope for with jinx.

I think this was possibly the best news that came out of the Q&A from Hasbro. Knowing that if they are going to make a figure who was not already made in the 25th/ARAH style that they will make it in that style first before making it in a POC or Renegades or whatever style. This means to me that we will be slowly getting our 25th line completed.......well ok maybe not completed but at least we will be getting more figs for sure and possibly a lot of them.

CrimsonGuard101
12-11-2010, 04:30 AM
Negative. I refuse to support nor buy anything from Renegades. Period. Not even for fodder. I will still buy any non Renegades influced POC figures though. The only way would be is they will have to EXCEEED the quality and deisgn of Low Light and the Resolute Cobra Troopers+POC Shock Troopers, otherwise I am sitting this line influx feed out... totally. You hear me Hasbro? I have millions to spend, but not a single dime will buy anything inspired by Renegades...ever. Prime figures get my money until you get passed this 8 year Hiatus with joe or until you bring back the unfinsihed vintage figs of the 30th anni figures on 25th/ME cards.

MeLikeJinx
12-11-2010, 04:34 AM
I would love to have a working cloak with the figure as depicted in the episode and hopefully the realistic look that hasbro claims they'll have would make her look sexier. I can see a lot of great customs coming from a sexy, cloaked, short skirted female figure.
Yesh! Both in the toon and as a potential action figure the cloak is a must! I don't even consider Renegade's Jinx costume complete unless she is wearing the cloak. And yes, a slightly older looking POC-fied version of her would be stellar as well.

Breakerfan
12-11-2010, 05:52 AM
I can't honestly say I'm excited about any renegades figure until I see a pic of what they actually are. Outside of that, yes, a jinx figure would be cool, assuming it's EXACTALLY what I want...ha

JohnnyAngel77
12-11-2010, 07:45 AM
I thought this as soon as I got done watching Renegades EP 4. Would be great to see it happen.

JohnnyAngel77
12-11-2010, 07:46 AM
Blah blah blah
I dunno man...

Trooper13
12-11-2010, 08:18 AM
YES! I loved her look, loved her character, and loved her story. Very cool.

FireBat
12-11-2010, 08:33 AM

Here's a good full-body shot. Think "Ninja Schoolgirl" or something like that... lol

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71737&stc=1&d=1292074322

minitrue
12-11-2010, 10:42 AM
This is a great look for jinx. I would definitely buy it. Of course, I buy everything...

sharky
12-11-2010, 11:00 AM
She's Asian, so it comes with the territory. She's actually 32. LOL!

azoric
12-11-2010, 11:34 AM
of all the rebooted characters with totally new back stories I think I like Jinx best so far.

She's a little edgy, and it works that she can be a voice for Snake Eyes.

Still to be seen, who killed hard master!?

Trooper13
12-11-2010, 11:44 AM
who killed hard master!?

We killed the Hard Master!

JohnnyAngel77
12-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Still to be seen, who killed hard master!?
Makes me wonder, Zartan and the 'Noks are going to show up in a couple of weeks, maybe they will keep with that part of the story? Either way, I'm really digging Renegades, a lot.

azoric
12-11-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm really digging Renegades, a lot.

by comparison Transformers Prime is unwatchable!

villainsrule
12-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Yesh! Both in the toon and as a potential action figure the cloak is a must! I don't even consider Renegade's Jinx costume complete unless she is wearing the cloak. And yes, a slightly older looking POC-fied version of her would be stellar as well.

Oh yeah, definitely. I think of those crappy hoods that the star wars jedi have on their robes. They cannot be used properly like in the movies. So if they do make a Jinx that looks like this model, they need to make that cloak functioning! Also I hope they give her a good looking face sculpt better than the likes of that ugly cover girl.

And as others are saying, this new take on Jinx is cool and the sorta love triangle with Scarlet makes things interesting. This is a MAJOR upgrade in my mind as I was never a fan of the original figure or any of the movie characters for that matter. I seriously hope Hasbro gives us this figure in a line desperately in need of female figures.

Shin Densetsu
12-11-2010, 05:34 PM
by comparison Transformers Prime is unwatchable!

I actually like TF Prime better.

skrapps
12-11-2010, 05:40 PM
i dont like the new jinx at all

luigi
12-11-2010, 06:18 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/12/10/5581f36f-30ab-40b7-920e-0dd9510efdf7.jpg

MFJayman
12-12-2010, 05:59 PM
I hope they work into all the Renegades figures their relative scales in the show--you know, RB the biggest, Flint taller than Duke but maybe a bit slighter, Jinx a tiny thing, Scarlett a more average female size, etc...I know this might not be practical to do sculpt-wise. I just think it'd be pretty damn impressive.

MeLikeJinx
12-13-2010, 12:52 AM
I hope they work into all the Renegades figures their relative scales in the show--you know, RB the biggest, Flint taller than Duke but maybe a bit slighter, Jinx a tiny thing, Scarlett a more average female size, etc...I know this might not be practical to do sculpt-wise. I just think it'd be pretty damn impressive.
Yah, smaller scale figs like a teenage girl Jinx would be cool... and probably would have been more possible IMO if the figs were to be stylized like the CW figs are.

But since we are getting realistic figs like POC, they will probably all be the same size as the typical guy & girl Joe 3.75" figs.

Saboteur
12-13-2010, 12:53 AM

Not impressed.

^This.

And don't get your hopes up for a Jinx.

MFJayman
12-13-2010, 04:03 AM
Yah, smaller scale figs like a teenage girl Jinx would be cool... and probably would have been more possible IMO if the figs were to be stylized like the CW figs are.

But since we are getting realistic figs like POC, they will probably all be the same size as the typical guy & girl Joe 3.75" figs.

I'm really divided on this whole realistic vs stylized debate. I mean, the more realistic look and proportions of the 25th Anniversary line initially pulled my interest back into Joes, but a big part of that was my interest in their more sculptural, almost "artistic" qualities, not so much in their function as toys.
Clearly the relative scales of characters and their silhouettes are very important for the animators in Renegades. However, I suppose most characters do fit within that basic Duke/Flint/SE scale, and females in the Scarlett/Baroness scale. It’s RB and Jinx that are the problems (or the delightful exceptions, from a different perspective). I mean, RB has to be really big. Really big. And Jinx, even as a full grown adult, IMO, has to be small. Like 5’1’’ small, and petite. These two are the must must must exceptions so far, IMO.

MFJayman
12-13-2010, 04:23 AM
Jinx seems to have a real rpg fantasy roque/thief/pickpocket assassin aesthetic to her look. Cool cool. She's getting to be, for episode 4, what Bludd was for episode 3, for me. I had no real feeling for or against either character before, but now, I'm really impressed by how much I'm digging both.

Shin Densetsu
12-13-2010, 11:44 AM
^This.

I think the classic before POC style semi-rule applies but only before a media tie-in line. With Jinx now in the mix for Renegades, I think we have a chance of seeing her before a classic update(but the 30th anniversary little more than a year away may complicate things).

Griff
12-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Here's a good full-body shot. Think "Ninja Schoolgirl" or something like that... lol

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71737&stc=1&d=1292074322

there are so many funny implications with this pic. with snake eyes arms and kinda taken back pose the first thing i think of when i see this shot is: Snake eyes is thinking "HEH HEH JACKPOT!!" :D

HISS-878th
12-13-2010, 11:55 AM
Any woman figure would be great. I would like Hasbro to come out with more women.

Shin Densetsu
12-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Any woman figure would be great. I would like Hasbro to come out with more women.

At least 2 next year according to the Toyark Q&A

Ctrl_Z
12-13-2010, 12:10 PM
aaaahhh!! the're blocking the vids here at my work. nooooo!!!

Ctrl_Z
12-13-2010, 12:13 PM
also I voted "No" because I want a friggen PoC Jinx figure!!!

Freedom
12-13-2010, 12:18 PM

Not impressed.

Agreed. I'd rather have a classic or modern "adult" Jinx before a "teenage" kiddie Jinx.

Jmacq1
12-13-2010, 12:29 PM
I'd rather have a DDP Jinx before a "RAH Redux" OR a Renegades version, but in the long run I'll gladly take whichever Jinx I can get. Except maybe the VvV/Sigma 6 version.

If they go "classic" I'd at least hope for a swappable unmasked head.

Tomax & Xamot
12-13-2010, 12:43 PM
YES, any Version of her for the ME line would be welcomed!!! :D

villainsrule
12-13-2010, 03:46 PM
I don't understand why people keep saying she's a teenager. She said she met SE at 8 and that he was a "teen." So even if SE was 18 when they met, shouldn't we assume SE is at least 30 in modern times. that would put Jinx to be at least 20.

Mr.Kane
12-13-2010, 03:54 PM
I see they went with the lil red riding hood/school look.

CrimsonGuard101
12-13-2010, 11:34 PM
I don't understand why people keep saying she's a teenager. She said she met SE at 8 and that he was a "teen." So even if SE was 18 when they met, shouldn't we assume SE is at least 30 in modern times. that would put Jinx to be at least 20.

So it's better she pased her prime and appraching menopause? I really want old hag Jinx on my shelf...kind a like that old hag from the Pricnes Bride that was going around "boooo booooo booooo"ing the princess as a GI JOE action figure...yeah that makes up for it yeah yaaah!

And I don't want teenieboper EMO Glee Jinx neither...gimme ARAH Jinx or give me death of teh linez!

villainsrule
12-14-2010, 12:44 AM
So it's better she pased her prime and appraching menopause? I really want old hag Jinx on my shelf...kind a like that old hag from the Pricnes Bride that was going around "boooo booooo booooo"ing the princess as a GI JOE action figure...yeah that makes up for it yeah yaaah!

And I don't want teenieboper EMO Glee Jinx neither...gimme ARAH Jinx or give me death of teh linez!

So 20 years old makes her a hag? I don't get what you're talking about...how is this new Jinx not the same age as the original or a little younger?

MeLikeJinx
12-14-2010, 01:19 AM
Too late... my hope is up. LOL. Any ninja version of Jinx will do though, as long as she is wearing red and has an unmasked headsculpt... I'm good.

worldgorger
12-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Any version Jinx is fine by me. While they are at it, bring on more females - most importantly Zarana.

MFJayman
12-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Any version Jinx is fine by me. While they are at it, bring on more females - most importantly Zarana.

Thankfully, one thing Renegades seems to be very generous with so far is its inclusion of female characters. That makes me more than confident we'll see Zarana amongst the Dreadnoks. I think she'd be fun as hell for the animators to design and draw, as would all the Dreadnoks. And creating the new toy designs—sounds like a blast, to me.

MFJayman
12-14-2010, 04:08 PM
I'd like to see a Jinx figure that is closer to 3.5'' tall than 4'', maybe even smaller than 3.5''. And it'd be great if she could have an actual cloth hooded cloak, with some way to secure it at the front so it's not sticking out in every direction. If the cloak was actually red or brownish-red instead of grey (as it is in the cartoon), that would be nice as well.

Monkeywrench
12-16-2010, 04:33 PM

agreed

MeLikeJinx
12-17-2010, 02:44 AM
Would be cool if Jinx ends up joining the team IMO. Then her and Scarlett can fight for SE's attention once per episode. LOL.

Snake Shadow09
12-17-2010, 04:56 AM
im sorry but i do not want jinx on the team.

Trooper13
12-17-2010, 07:29 AM
I'd like to see her be a guest star for the first few seasons. Maybe an episode or two, here and there each season. I could see her becoming a full fledged Joe by the end of the series, but not right now.

CrimsonGuard101
12-17-2010, 01:30 PM
im sorry but i do not want jinx on the team.

Yeah it would add more shock value to either let Storm Shadow slay her which really keys off the hatred between SE and SS...or have Scarlett accidenlty shoot her in the back of the head with her crossbow and have her slowly walk away and blame Tunnel Rat for it lol...I'd buy that for a dollah!

Monkeywrench
01-17-2011, 08:22 PM
been a few weeks. Time for a bump

Akunin
01-17-2011, 08:36 PM
two versions I would like to see, the younger version as depicted so far in renegades and the older traditional figure as in ARAH

Mainframe
01-17-2011, 08:39 PM
POC Jinx baby!

MFJayman
01-17-2011, 08:51 PM
I like Renegades version of Jinx more than the ARAH one. I'd like to see a figure of her that is smaller than the average female figure. And with a removable hooded cloak/cape. And with that big Arashikage clan sword.

Monkeywrench
01-17-2011, 11:46 PM
I like Renegades version of Jinx more than the ARAH one. I'd like to see a figure of her that is smaller than the average female figure. And with a removable hooded cloak/cape. And with that big Arashikage clan sword.

Yes!

MeLikeJinx
01-17-2011, 11:49 PM
Hope she comes back before season one is over. Maybe she will have finished her training by then and have a new look.

Monkeywrench
01-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Hope she comes back before season one is over. Maybe she will have finished her training by then and have a new look.

there is an episode called "cousins" that many people including myself think will be about her and SS. We shall see