PDA

View Full Version : Bio Vipers?

robear281
12-06-2010, 11:44 AM
What's up with these guys? Will they be the new version of what the B.A.T.S. were... disposable troops? What are your thoughts? Do you like them or are they a stupid concept?

D00MTR0N
12-06-2010, 11:48 AM
i would rather see an android type viper but i like the fact that they went with a different concept just for a bit of newness if you will

robear281
12-06-2010, 11:53 AM
The cartoon is made for kids right? Bio-Vipers just fall apart and then reform after they are shot. Nobody really gets hurt that way. Will we see anybody get shot or killed in this cartoon or will we just have the Bio-vipers as fodder. Can Hasbro get by without more violence?

D00MTR0N
12-06-2010, 11:57 AM
good question,i wonder if we will see more human troopers once destro is introduced and cobra actually becomes cobra?

Moses
12-06-2010, 12:00 PM
I like the idea, but don't care for the cobra blob with legs. Episode 3 saw them carrying guns into battle which on top of the disposable nature and near indestructibility not to mention created by Dr Mindbender - they may likely be the new BATs.

D00MTR0N
12-06-2010, 12:01 PM
I like the idea, but don't care for the cobra blob with legs. Episode 3 saw them carrying guns into battle which on top of the disposable nature and near indestructibility not to mention created by Dr Mindbender - they may likely be the new BATs.
i think they are the new bats as well,i wonder if the figure will be clear?

Moses
12-06-2010, 12:04 PM
The cartoon is made for kids right? Bio-Vipers just fall apart and then reform after they are shot. Nobody really gets hurt that way. Will we see anybody get shot or killed in this cartoon or will we just have the Bio-vipers as fodder. Can Hasbro get by without more violence?

They killed off a character in episode 1. Scarlett got shot as well. Not nearly as gritty as Resolute, but I think we'll see some violence. Just no blood.

WVMojo
12-06-2010, 12:10 PM

The question is from where did they pull their guns? Smuggling them in their blob asses?

CornDog_The_Ninja
12-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Jello Vipers.

Derek
12-06-2010, 12:19 PM
I have a feeling that ripcord is going to be a version 2 type bio blob. Scarlett looked like she got hit by a stun gun. Have you seen that vid of the soldier getting shot in the chest and one sec later hes up and taking cover.

Zefram
12-06-2010, 12:24 PM
I have a feeling that ripcord is going to be a version 2 type bio blob. Scarlett looked like she got hit by a stun gun. Have you seen that vid of the soldier getting shot in the chest and one sec later hes up and taking cover.

Scarlet may not have been wearing full-blown tactical armor (seriously, I know how much that crap weighs). Or, the blaster packs a lot more knock-down power than a 7.62mm round, which would make sense, otherwise why even bother using MARS's fancy, expensive blasters at all?

r3v3n63
12-06-2010, 12:38 PM
The Bio Vipers seem to be evolving, getting better the more Mindbender tinkers with them. I'm wondering if they are eventually going to be able to pass for human.
Yeah, I think this may be the new B.A.T. I do loves me some BATS but things change and progress and as far as a threat they seem to do their job well so I'm not complaining.

Freedom
12-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Definitely not a fan of the Booger-Viper. Especially not the blob from Episodes 1 & 2. I would have rather seen BATs even though they were used in Sigma 6.

Now...If Mindbender or Destro decided to armor up the Snot-Vipers where they're cybernetic on the outside and bio-organinc on the inside, it might make for a cool Viper and a cool figure.

As is, I have no interest in a clear blue featureless action figure.

Zartanman
12-06-2010, 12:56 PM
I dunno but I keep seeing a "Creepy Crawlers" GI Joe Renegades, Mindbenders Lab in the near future. LOL

maczero
12-07-2010, 12:08 PM
The cartoon is made for kids right? Bio-Vipers just fall apart and then reform after they are shot. Nobody really gets hurt that way. Will we see anybody get shot or killed in this cartoon or will we just have the Bio-vipers as fodder. Can Hasbro get by without more violence?We've already had a confirmed death in the first ep (and I'm not talking about Ripcord).

As for the Bio-Vipers, I'm not a fan. First, they look dumb. Second, they're dang near indestructible so the Joes look like idiots when they keep trying to put them down by shooting them. I wouldn't mind if they were trotted out occasionally but if they're the new cannon fodder then I'm not going to be happy.

azoric
12-07-2010, 12:23 PM
It's a way for the bad guys to be killable without having to show violence.

Now when turbines shoot down an aircraft they won't have to show a parachute open. The joes can shui and actually hit their target.

sgcaper
12-07-2010, 12:51 PM
I think Bio-Vipers were introduced as a kid selling point. As far as future use, since the Joes know all they need is to carry around some weedkiller I say the day of the Bio-Viper is numbered. I would love to see the platform vamped with cybernetics or some such to create a future BAT.

Tracker
12-12-2010, 08:16 AM
I think Bio-Vipers were introduced as a kid selling point. As far as future use, since the Joes know all they need is to carry around some weedkiller I say the day of the Bio-Viper is numbered. I would love to see the platform vamped with cybernetics or some such to create a future BAT.

I think the Bio-viper will be proven to be ineffective as the do seem easily done away with by "Green-shirts" and Dr Mind-bender will be order to make B.A.T.s at some point

jeff_duke
12-12-2010, 12:06 PM
I think the idea of a Bio-Viper could have been a cool concept but it was poorly executed, as was the character of Dr. Mindbender. That being said, Dr. Mindbender from ARAH is an awful character as well.

maczero
12-13-2010, 05:28 PM
It's a way for the bad guys to be killable without having to show violence.Technically, it's still violence. It's just not against a human.

Personally, I would've gone with BATS. They're easier to put down (that's a good thing from a storytelling standpoint). Also, I see a B.A.T. action figure having more play appeal (interchangeable parts) than a jelly mold.

MFJayman
12-13-2010, 11:10 PM
Technically, it's still violence. It's just not against a human.

Personally, I would've gone with BATS. They're easier to put down (that's a good thing from a storytelling standpoint). Also, I see a B.A.T. action figure having more play appeal (interchangeable parts) than a jelly mold.

I'd like to see some robotic troopers, but without the humanoid form that the BATS have. Instead, I'd like to see robots modeled on some spider or insectoid type form. And really tough to kill. Six or eight-legged, with multiple appendages equipped with guns, blades, flamethrowers--you name it. Really rugged, all-terrain, super-tough robotic troopers.

maczero
12-14-2010, 10:26 AM
I'd like to see some robotic troopers, but without the humanoid form that the BATS have. Instead, I'd like to see robots modeled on some spider or insectoid type form. And really tough to kill. Six or eight-legged, with multiple appendages equipped with guns, blades, flamethrowers--you name it. Really rugged, all-terrain, super-tough robotic troopers.The insect/spider design makes sense in the real world. A bi-pedal robot would have balance issues, difficulty adapting to different terrains etc. Six legs would solve some of these issues.

That said, I still prefer two legged BATs.

Griff
12-14-2010, 11:44 AM
good question,i wonder if we will see more human troopers once destro is introduced and cobra actually becomes cobra?

by the heavens i hope so. im tired of seeing walking jello molds moving around and firing guns. I wanna see real troopers and reall blood.

alexan2dros
12-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Now...If Mindbender or Destro decided to armor up the Snot-Vipers where they're cybernetic on the outside and bio-organinc on the inside, it might make for a cool Viper and a cool figure.

this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MFJayman
12-14-2010, 04:22 PM
The insect/spider design makes sense in the real world. A bi-pedal robot would have balance issues, difficulty adapting to different terrains etc. Six legs would solve some of these issues.

That said, I still prefer two legged BATs.

I'd like to see BATs as well, but perhaps redesigned, with a bit more of a Terminator type aspect to them. And really tough. Like, you'd need some pretty heavy firepower to take one out, not just an assault rifle or whatever.

I'd still like to see the insect-like robots as well, maybe working in tandem with the BATs, perhaps providing them with support firepower, while the BATs have a closer range capacity, with small arms firepower and maybe even blades for melee combat. Imagine SE taking on such a BAT. That'd be an interesting fight.

MFJayman
12-14-2010, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=Freedom;2112007]
QUOTE]

That sound like a cool idea. Especially if they could imbue the organic component with some real decision making intelligence.

I thought that it'd be cool if MARS (or Cobra) had been working on various cyborg related technologies, so that some human troopers could actually have robotic parts. Or Major Bludd, for example. I'd like to see him with a few cyborg components, like his eyes perhaps.

robear281
12-14-2010, 05:04 PM
I could see them putting armor on because the joes found a weakness... fertilizer! TADA!!! You now have Bats!!

RolandofGilead
12-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Go Joe!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/FGCxga4dpHA/0.jpg

Squirt that gelatin monster.

Weezus
12-14-2010, 05:32 PM
go joe!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/fgcxga4dpha/0.jpg

squirt that gelatin monster.

hahahahahahahahaa

MFJayman
12-14-2010, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE=MFJayman;2132072Major Bludd...I'd like to see him with a few cyborg components, like his eyes perhaps.[/QUOTE]

I meant EYE, not eyes.

I know, I quoted myself. Ridiculous.

DanithNY
12-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Team Flint....

i dont mind them in rando episdoes but i dont want them to replace bats or viper or anything good i dont mind dr. mindbender using them every so often however i dont feel they can carry the role as a troop builder for the show

Baron Samedi
12-14-2010, 05:59 PM
DARPA made a blob robot. Just saying.

Weezus
12-14-2010, 06:02 PM
yeah i know, darpa and all this nano shit and people think its unrealistic.

the cobra la stuff isnt far behind.

funny how star trek was surpassed in technology in a few decades but if theres a military show with anything pre viet nam era its ZOMG WRONG

flash70
12-14-2010, 07:18 PM

I want G.I.*JOE TO BE VIOLENT.

I HATE THE BIO-VIPER goop baloney.

it needs to all go away and just make the dam bat android!

Unclassified
12-14-2010, 07:26 PM
i enjoy em, like i stated before, i would like to see these in toy form. the joes i grew up on, this concept would of fit right in as one of mindbenders ideas. i think the concept is cool, and would like to see these in toy form.