PDA

View Full Version : Major Bludd....

Ninjin
12-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Maaaan, I'm diggin' Bludd! But one thing, does he look kind of like hitler to you guys? I coudln't help but think that and laugh when I first saw him.

r3v3n63
12-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Yup, totally a 1930's-40's Hitler haircut on him. I kinda like it as its those little subtle things that we associate with villains or heroes that help with the aesthetics of designing these characters.

...Ooop! That was my 200th post, Yahhhh! I'm participating!

KushViper
12-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Yup, totally a 1930's-40's Hitler haircut on him. I kinda like it as its those little subtle things that we associate with villains or heroes that help with the aesthetics of designing these characters.

well said, me too.

Christoph
12-05-2010, 01:43 PM
He's cool. But I miss the eye patch.

r3v3n63
12-05-2010, 01:49 PM
He's cool. But I miss the eye patch.

Well, looks like he'll have one next time we see him. Yearrr!

Wry1
12-05-2010, 01:53 PM

Exactly, no mistaking dude's evil, great look for him imo, especially with the scar and eye patch soon.

MFJayman
12-05-2010, 05:43 PM
I really like this Bludd, he gets right into the action, mixes it up with SE of all people, wow. The previous version of Bludd never made a real impression on me, positively or negatively. This Bludd is one of my favorite characters so far.

The Delta
12-05-2010, 05:47 PM
thinking that this bludd has a set if he's gonna take on a group of joe's.

Life4Dreadnok
12-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Bludd looks like an emo fairy. Major Bludd should look like he is an ass kicking Merc, not a member of Good Charlotte.

MFJayman
12-05-2010, 05:59 PM
I've said this on another thread, but I might as well reiterate it: I really wanted to see Bludd's backup be a couple merc thugs, sort of his version of Buzzer, Torch and Ripper. Or at least have a couple blueshirts backing him. But the Bio-Vipers...ehh.

Ninjin
12-05-2010, 07:00 PM
On a slightly off topic note, I totally want to see a vehicle pack of him and his car.

tycondrius
12-05-2010, 07:04 PM
indeed that car was nice had a bit of a Nok feal to it too

r3v3n63
12-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Funny, I thought he might have ripped it off of Matt Tracker's M.A.S.K. team.
B-B-B-Bludd!
Still neat looking, one brick of a car with plenty of surprises.
I also thought the Cobra trucks were pretty insidious, these things are like armored troop transports disguised as cargo trucks allowing Cobra to amass a force practically anywhere without anybody knowing until it was too late. Genius!

Shin Densetsu
12-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Bludd looks like an emo fairy. Major Bludd should look like he is an ass kicking Merc, not a member of Good Charlotte.

LOL, holy shit. Thing is, I think in the series, Bludd KNOWS he looks that way...and does it just to piss off anyone he comes into contact with. The guy smiles for no reason in the show, and he seems like he does it just to be a dick.

r3v3n63
12-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Speaking of Bludd's ride, anybody see the True heroes police car?

True Heroes Rescue Patrol - Police - Toys R Us - Toys "R" Us (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4070715)

And a full SWAT set...

True Heroes Police Force Playset - Toys R Us - Toys "R" Us (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3887729)

There was also the Robocop toy line vehicles of Robo-1 and the Robo-Jailer but they were for a different scale. Looked kinda futuristic though. Still, I can see Bludd leading a team of those Cobra Shock Troopers with some official Cobra Industries vehicles.

EduardimusPrime
12-06-2010, 01:12 PM

Looks more like a Hitler cut to me.

ecsmith7
12-07-2010, 12:40 AM
Is it just me or are renegades Bludd and resolute Zartan using the same grenade launcher?

I like this version of Bludd. He's the rabid dog of a merc he should be.

Ninjin
12-07-2010, 07:21 PM
On the subject if Bludd's car, anyone get a slight Transformers Animated Lockdown vibe from it? I mean, it even has the same skull gearshift.

GerjurdKing
12-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Just caught up with Renegades and I'm really digging it so far. I think this modern interpretation of Bludd is great. When I saw his ride I immediately thought of the Thundermachine. Hopefully it'll hit if they ever make Renegades toys.

Weezus
12-08-2010, 03:57 PM
i am overjoyed that a character as cool as major blood is paying homage to such a fantastically interesting historical character. I would like for cobra to also have some interest in the occult. Perhaps using the cobra sigil due to ancient serpent worship.

I enjoy everything about renegades. Especially Ripcord's timely demise.

Angry.Android
12-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Hmm, Bludd's car reminded me more of Mad Max's interceptor. I dug Renegades blood except for the lack of patch and the jacked up doo. He needs to find a helmet and eyepatch, stat!

Darkseid83
12-08-2010, 06:01 PM
I like the little details, like the fact he actually had to turn on his nitrous tank before he could use a shot. The whole scene where he lauches out of his car onto the truck while simultaniously pulling his blades and sticking them to jam up the turret was sweet. Overall, he does have more of a Nok vibe, maybe he is a Nok and after what happened last episode, he calls for backup and thats what leads to Zartan & crew showing soon. Maybe they decided to merge him with Thrasher in this continuity, I dunno.

Monkeywrench
12-08-2010, 09:21 PM
He needs his classic helmet

WildWill
12-11-2010, 02:03 AM
Definitely looks to me like Bludd will be sans eye next time we see him.

LOVED the car, and I loved the overt Mad Max references - i.e. the nitrous...

Steeler58
12-11-2010, 02:14 AM
Major Bludd was pretty Hitler looking. I really liked how he was not a freaking coward.