PDA

View Full Version : G.I. Joe: Renegades Episode 4 Promo Online

General Hawk
12-03-2010, 09:25 PM
So, it was mentioned in the various discussion threads that the promo for Episode 4 was shown, and I was lucky enough to capture it.

Didn't want it lost in the shuffle of the 140+ page discussion thread, so here it is!

YouTube - G.I. Joe: Renegades Episode 4 Promo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e7cFxgad9s)

Snake Eyes in trenchcoat! Storm Shadow! Jinx! HARD MASTER!! W00t!

Justin

kennywr22
12-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Your the man justin. Can't wait. God I love this show.

MeLikeJinx
12-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Are we sure that is Jinx and not like a young flashback Storm Shadow or something? LOL. I seriously cannot wait for Ep. 4!

Echo7Solo
12-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Are we sure that is Jinx and not like a young flashback Storm Shadow or something? LOL. I seriously cannot wait for Ep. 4!

yeah that is Jinx. We had it on the front page not too long ago that Jinx would be in it.

Not digging the Storm Shadow mask but want to see where they go with this. Of all the Renegades stuff this has me most worried.

Zefram
12-03-2010, 09:58 PM
Not feelin' SS's outfit too much. Hopefully it's just how he looks in a flashback. Also I think they jumped the gun a bit and should have held off on this until at least half-way into the season. Let the character retain his mystery for awhile longer.

Snake Eyes does look pretty badass in that coat though.

MeLikeJinx
12-03-2010, 09:59 PM
yeah that is Jinx. We had it on the front page not too long ago that Jinx would be in it.
So she's unmasked this time around... I guess that's cool. And at least she no longer has the "I play women's softball" haircut like in the '86 Joe movie. LOL.

I wish it were 2 eps per Friday like last week! 7 days too long to wait! LOL.

Steel Brigade
12-03-2010, 10:10 PM
I like Jinx's design but I am hoping Storm Shadow's look evolves...

Echo7Solo
12-03-2010, 10:19 PM
So she's unmasked this time around... I guess that's cool. And at least she no longer has the "I play women's softball" haircut like in the '86 Joe movie. LOL.

I wish it were 2 eps per Friday like last week! 7 days too long to wait! LOL.

well if we could flash back to '86 I'm sure there would be several membes here (some even in this thread) who's hair would look like they just got out of a Poison concert.

I like Jinx's design but I am hoping Storm Shadow's look evolves...

you and me both. The body isn't bad but his mask isn't working for me.

kennywr22
12-03-2010, 10:31 PM
I guess I'm in the minority here. I love ss look. I have since the day it was revealed.

MeLikeJinx
12-03-2010, 10:47 PM
I guess I'm in the minority here. I love ss look. I have since the day it was revealed.
I like Renegades Storm Shadow's look, well except for his sideburn-like hair stuffs sticking out of his mask. But I actually like his outfit and how he wears his mask loose all the time... so cool.

Monkeywrench
12-04-2010, 02:39 AM
Thanks for the promo! I missed it. Can't wait. Like how others have said, I'm worried how there going to pull off this origin. That quick glimpse of SS was not attractive at all. Lets hope he looks better. It's good to see Jinx!

Trooper13
12-04-2010, 08:34 AM
While I'm not necessarily digging SS's look in this, I've never really been a fan of the ninja's anyhow. It'll be interesting to see how they handle this part of Joe on this go around. Jinx looks awesome, though.

fireflyguy
12-04-2010, 08:43 AM
I've not been a very big fan of the ninjas either. I understand that you almost hafta have SE with a sword. That's part of the appeal. And because he doesn't speak, you hafta have a backstory. I liked the Marvel backstory as the explanation. Anyway, hopefully it will be decent. I've really liked the cartoon so far.

Mazinger
12-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Another SE/ SS backstory.....

At least they get it over with in the beginning fo the series and hope it moves on.

ero
12-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Not feelin' SS's outfit too much. Hopefully it's just how he looks in a flashback. Also I think they jumped the gun a bit and should have held off on this until at least half-way into the season. Let the character retain his mystery for awhile longer.

All of this is so spot on.

I hated Snake Eyes in the first two episodes. Thought the entire idea of dropping in was dumb. But in episode 3, it really clicked for me. Bummed they're going to undo all of that now by letting us in.

HobbyHobbs
12-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Ninjas are like garlic, too much and the dish is ruined.

Shin Densetsu
12-04-2010, 02:27 PM
All of this is so spot on.

I hated Snake Eyes in the first two episodes. Thought the entire idea of dropping in was dumb. But in episode 3, it really clicked for me. Bummed they're going to undo all of that now by letting us in.

Reminds me of the time Marvel released Wolverine: Origin.

manicmotive
12-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Well finally there is promise a jinx figure could be released. I have to agree with the masses here though, that Storm Shadow just does nothing for me.

Shin Densetsu
12-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Well finally there is promise a jinx figure could be released. I have to agree with the masses here though, that Storm Shadow just does nothing for me.

It could be from a flashback scene, he looks like a teen compared to how the Joes presently look in the show.

donmagic
12-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Does anyone find Snake Eyes' style kinda annoying? The whole sword spin, slash , slash, sword spin, sheath sword, cool pose....

Derek
12-04-2010, 04:18 PM
It could be from a flashback scene, he looks like a teen compared to how the Joes presently look in the show.

They all look like teenagers. Maybe they could do a 21 jumpstreet episode.

sjames90
12-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Does anyone find Snake Eyes' style kinda annoying? The whole sword spin, slash , slash, sword spin, sheath sword, cool pose....

I like how he sliced and diced up the bio viper. But I can see your point. Agree that SS looks pretty fail.

Shin Densetsu
12-04-2010, 04:21 PM
They all look like teenagers. Maybe they could do a 21 jumpstreet episode.

No but Storm shadow looks younger than Tunnel Rat.

dj7000
12-04-2010, 05:33 PM
thank you

Troynos
12-04-2010, 05:39 PM

Not digging the Storm Shadow mask but want to see where they go with this. Of all the Renegades stuff this has me most worried.

^ This

I also think it's WAY too soon for this.

There hasn't been enough episodes. If I was a new fan of the show I wouldn't have developed enough of a connection with SE to want to get a 2 part origin story.

In fact, at this point, with the stuff we've seen in Renegades already, the only flashback I'm remotely interested in is seeing the State Championship game where Flint sacks Duke.

Arvinator
12-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Epic fail!!!!!!!

firefly069
12-04-2010, 07:08 PM
So we have seen Breaker, Major Bludd, and Next week Jinx and Storm Shadow. We also know that the dreadnoks are going to be in the series. Whom else do you guys think hasbro will put in the series?

Xamot, and Tomax? Firefly? Beachhead?

Shin Densetsu
12-04-2010, 07:12 PM
So we have seen Breaker, Major Bludd, and Next week Jinx and Storm Shadow. We also know that the dreadnoks are going to be in the series. Whom else do you guys think hasbro will put in the series?

Xamot, and Tomax? Firefly? Beachhead?

Itching to see Firefly, Crimson Guards, Serpentor, Alley Vipers, Night Vipers, regular Vipers, et al.

Trooper13
12-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Honestly, I could deal with this series slowing down quite a bit. However, I also love the IDW comic so what do I know? :/

I'm enoying the ride so far, though. The design for SS is the first I've seen that I really just didn't like off the bat, but who knows? It'll likely grow on me.

knoxvelour
12-04-2010, 07:20 PM
yeah I think it's a bit too early to be delving into the past of Snake Eyes. Then again, they could surprise us and this won't be a full blown origin story. It may just touch upon and introduce the Arishikage mythos into this incarnation and we could be left with more questions than answers by the end of the two episode arc.

Griff
12-04-2010, 07:37 PM
HOLY SHIT!! I DON'T BELIEVE IT!! They actually got a character right. Jinx isnt a caucasian white guy or cross dressing ninja or a british dude or what not. I think I am gonna faint. ha ha

ooten
12-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Storm shadow looks stupid!

Griff
12-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Storm shadow looks stupid!

well you knew they had to make someone in this trio lame...im glad it was him and not jinx. Takin' bets on how long she'll last. :D I vote MAYBE halfway through the series.

Trooper13
12-04-2010, 07:55 PM
yeah I think it's a bit too early to be delving into the past of Snake Eyes. Then again, they could surprise us and this won't be a full blown origin story. It may just touch upon and introduce the Arishikage mythos into this incarnation and we could be left with more questions than answers by the end of the two episode arc.

A good point.

Falcone
12-04-2010, 09:06 PM
It's great to see Jinx, I love Jinx.

General Hawk
12-04-2010, 09:13 PM
I actually have to agree with the consensus on Storm Shadow. I'm not real wild about his updated look. Something about his mask just isn't quite right, and he does look VERY young.

I have a feeling seeing it in action will change my mind, but at this point, I'm not really sold on it.

I love the look of the Renegades Jinx and Hard Master, and I'm just psyched they're being included. It will be very interesting to see just how deeply they get into the Snake Eyes mythology. Will it purely be Snake Eyes vs. Storm Shadow? Will they bring in any of the Zartan angle? How much will they uncover in one 2-part episode?

I don't mind that they're jumping right into Snake Eyes' backstory. It gives them time to move past it and get on to some other things.

And I'll tell you, just based on the episode titles up through Episode 10 or 11, it certainly doesn't seem like any influx of ninja influences to me. I'm sure they'll be sprinkled throughout, but I wouldn't expect anything ridiculous. Ninja's aren't quite as hot now as they were in the 80's.

Justin

Griff
12-04-2010, 09:23 PM
oh spit i think that the chick in the sleeveless red shirt IS storm shadow as well and NOT jinx. well hopefully she still looks and acts better than storm shadow.

Falcone
12-04-2010, 09:32 PM
oh spit i think that the chick in the sleeveless red shirt IS storm shadow as well and NOT jinx. well hopefully she still looks and acts better than storm shadow.

The character in white and the one in red are defiantly different characters. They have different hair color and eyebrow shape.

CVdelgado
12-04-2010, 09:36 PM
that ss mask, err is that a mask? what the h*** is that? looks to be a problem. how can you mess up a freakin cool ninja who dresses in all white?

CVdelgado
12-04-2010, 09:38 PM
i think its too early to go into snake eyes history as well. some hints would be cool, but a whole story arc? hes supposed to be mysterious...

CVdelgado
12-04-2010, 10:08 PM
ok. that is a young storm shadow in the white. he is in somekind of training room, so its probably a flashback. hopefully when hes all grown up he puts the mask on.

on the other hand, if the toy looks like that, it will make it easy to NOT buy. ive got all the storm shadows i need with hoh, roc, and poc.

kennywr22
12-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Lol. does no one like ss mask? I think it is really cool and unique..oh well. That is defintely him when he is younger in that video judging from this picture on hubworld.com

Snake Shadow09
12-04-2010, 11:03 PM
wow fing finally a look at ss! im sure his look will evolve!

hahoo3
12-04-2010, 11:06 PM
I know I'm behind, but I don't have the HUB network, so I just watched the first two episodes online! I thought I would hate this cartoon, but to my suprise I really enjoyed it!

I really liked the vehicles and hope to see them in stores soon!! :)

Snake Shadow09
12-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Lol. does no one like ss mask? I think it is really cool and unique..oh well. That is defintely him when he is younger in that video judging from this picture on hubworld.com

badass!

CrimsonGuard101
12-04-2010, 11:26 PM
I get this feeling they are going to show Snake Eyes with a torn uniform and hes either going to be 1) an alien 2) Robot...he just seems too inhuman and lanky next to the joes and way to speed phreak...kindalike Anakain Skywalker pre-vaderesque with his little golden robo-arm...

Trooper13
12-04-2010, 11:45 PM

Yeah, I'm really not feeling this look. However, I'm really not a big fan of the ninja element of Joe, at all. I think I'll get used to it just fine.

kennywr22
12-04-2010, 11:56 PM
I'm so curious how they are going to do this origin story. I really want zartan involved but worried he isn't going to be. I hope I'm wrong.

Trooper13
12-05-2010, 12:06 AM
I'm so curious how they are going to do this origin story. I really want zartan involved but worried he isn't going to be. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't know. It's not looking like that would be possible as we haven't met Zartan yet. However, maybe this time around Firefly actually does the deal. Or maybe SS is just straight up evil this time around. I'd say it's way to early to tell. So many different ways they could play this. I love the fact that this is a chance to see a whole new story surrounding these characters from the ground up. I think what I love the most is that I don't know what's coming. I've been pleasantly surprised so far, so even though I don't care for the ninjas much, this might change that.

MFJayman
12-05-2010, 12:17 AM
I think this whole Arashikage 2-parter will be a nice break, in a way—from the more high-tech, science aspect we’ve had so far. A little more spiritualistic maybe, in a sort of timeless environment. Scarlett was called a city girl before…I’d like to see how she fares in a remote wilderness ninja compound.

Snake Shadow09
12-05-2010, 12:18 AM
I get this feeling they are going to show Snake Eyes with a torn uniform and hes either going to be 1) an alien 2) Robot...he just seems too inhuman and lanky next to the joes and way to speed phreak...kindalike Anakain Skywalker pre-vaderesque with his little golden robo-arm...

umm no. no chance.

CrimsonGuard101
12-05-2010, 12:23 AM
umm no. no chance.

Why not? they never show the guy has any human parts ever since the Mass Device. Only then did we even see he had human skin...now...in this new world of Scooby Doo and Star Wras freinds meets Badogukahn...who knows...

Snake Shadow09
12-05-2010, 01:20 AM
because he is a french ninja. they will not change this.

elanmars
12-05-2010, 02:23 AM
wow that storm shadow design is beyond horrible. it's not as if it's a design that's difficult to f-up. one of my favorite storm shadow designs is the DDP AE "back to being a joe and solo series" costume, I want a figure of THAT look.

i'll give ROC props in making storm shadow one of the few good things about that movie (specially played by the cool as hell korean actor lee byung hun) and not royally messing up the redesign.

can't say the same upon first impression on this renegades look. hopefully it's something that will change. so far, digging renegades (with the exception of mindbender, what an annoying interpretation of the character).

RenHoek
12-05-2010, 03:20 AM
Why not? they never show the guy has any human parts ever since the Mass Device. Only then did we even see he had human skin...now...in this new world of Scooby Doo and Star Wras freinds meets Badogukahn...who knows...

You spelled Bakugan and Star Wars wrong. :P

Grimwing
12-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Cool. So if a episotic formula with small bits that eventually tie together for the grand Cobra Showdown is what they are going for. Then this makes sense, first the two episodes we have seen that gives a lot of action while introduceing the world of renegades, gleeming into the characters. The following episodes definitely should be on main hero focus.

So we get a Snake Eyes focused episode in a flashback of some sort.
And then we will get character specific episodes on other our team members. Scarlet, Roadblock, Tunnel Rat, Duke, and probably ripcord once they find him. Obviously not all flashbacks, but with snake eyes that just makes sense, even resolute had to tell a good portion of his story with that approach.

In another aspect. Since this story basically adapts a real american hero from the 80s to fit a modern world view, you have to expose the new generation to the nifty non para-millitary or technologically focused sprit of GIJOE lore: Ninjas, the Arashikage clan. Its a bit of eastern variety to contrast with. And it will hopefully hook some kids on Joe. That and the Hub digs Snake Eyes. So lead with it.

Jettfire
12-05-2010, 11:29 AM

Both of these are great ideas. I'm glad you're finally coming around to how awesome this show is!

Caravankidd
12-05-2010, 11:39 PM
I kind of like how they keep bringing in characters from the old GI Joe and Cobra series. A nice chance to see how character are updated, unlike something like Transformers Prime where CGI will not let them bring in as many characters.

After the fight with Major Bludd I'm also getting the feeling that ninjas aren't as unbeatable this time which is also a nice thing for the show.

Snake Shadow09
12-06-2010, 12:55 AM
why all the ninja hate?

Shin Densetsu
12-06-2010, 01:04 AM
why all the ninja hate?

Because they have been overdone. Ever watch Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/) where these (http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/rotf-autobots-383/autobot-skids-3488/) two (http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/rotf-autobots-383/mudflap-tuner-3918/) got way more screentime than anyone else? That's how some Joe fans feel about Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. It's like Wolverine too, bad ass, but once he infiltrated damn near every Marvel team/comic/book/toyline/video game/picture/drawing/image/script, the novelty wore off, hell even Marvel's writers poke fun at the guy in books that he is written in.In the comics, Wolverine himself does not even know why he is in nearly every super hero team.

I like ninjas, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow are some of my favorite GI Joe characters ever. However, too much of anything is bad, and too much of a good thing doesn't keep it good, it makes it boring. For example, with Wolverine, his mysterious past, and the fandom not knowing who he was, worked because that increased appeal; the less you knew the better. Same with Snake Eyes. He was sheer bad ass in the comics before he was revealed to have ninja roots. The whole ninja back-story was like Anakin revealed to have a high level of midochlorians, hence the reason for him being strong with the Force. Once ninjutsu was added in, the whole esoteric quality of Snake Eyes kind of wore off. It wasn't "WHO THE FUCK IS THIS GUY HE IS SO MYSTERIOUS HOW DID HE GET SO GOOD DAMN THIS GUY IS COOL I WANT THAT FIGURE EVEN IF HASBRO ONLY MADE IT LOOK THAT WAY TO BE CHEAP", it was now "Well damn...I guess being a ninja explains it...".

I like that Snake Eyes is a ninja and his back story is very cool in the Marvel books. However, there was a point where as a Snake Eyes fan, I too, could see that the whole ninja element was being overused.

MFJayman
12-06-2010, 01:18 AM
What bugs me about ninjas is the idea that they are somehow exceedingly special, gifted, or, at times, almost semi-divine in power. What about the soldiers with training akin to the SEALS, Rangers, Green Berets, etc.? Do they not possess a similar level of discipline, dedication and “martial arts” skill and ability as the ninja? As I understand it, truly useful, battlefield-relevant martial arts are anything but flashy, anything but showy.

And yet, I am not opposed out rightly to the use of ninjas in a show like Renegades. So long as they are not used as a crutch. In fact, in such a fictional context, I’d say I support their use and portrayal in all their flash and dazzle, but very sparingly, so as not to dilute their impact.

CrimsonGuard101
12-06-2010, 01:35 AM
Yeah he is too divine almost god like now in that regard and i dont care for it anymore. The only thing left to make me excited at this point was to find out that the next Renegades death would be Snake Eyes and his corpse was taken away by the Red Shadows and converted into Cobra De Aco....that would get my support and interest in Renegaids back. back lol...

Zefram
12-06-2010, 01:40 AM
What bugs me about ninjas is the idea that they are somehow exceedingly special, gifted, or, at times, almost semi-divine in power.

Ninja aren't all powerful, though. They have a rather fatal weakness in fact.

Conservation Of Ninjutsu - Television Tropes & Idioms (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ConservationOfNinjutsu?from=Main.InverseNinjaLaw)

MFJayman
12-06-2010, 02:05 AM
Ninja aren't all powerful, though. They have a rather fatal weakness in fact.

Conservation Of Ninjutsu - Television Tropes & Idioms (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ConservationOfNinjutsu?from=Main.InverseNinjaLaw)

Haha, that's great. Conservation of Ninjutsu. Good read right there.

SECP
12-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Disclaimer: The following is from the friend of a friend of a friend of a...etc...of a guy who works at the Hub... unconfirmed rumormill. Please take it as no more than this.

So I heard that in renegades either Snake Eyes is the one framed for the hard masters death rather than Storm Shadow, or that Snake eyes actually DOES kill the hard master. The later (while I find extremely unlikely) would be a great twist imho. Since it would mean that the ninjas were actaully ninjas (ie assassins and therefore evil) and Snake Eyes had a change of heart. I just think this would add back a certain kind of depth that modern writers have been sucking out of him.

Mr.Kane
12-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Jinx Damn!! I can't wait til fiday.

Shin Densetsu
12-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Disclaimer: The following is from the friend of a friend of a friend of a...etc...of a guy who works at the Hub... unconfirmed rumormill. Please take it as no more than this.

So I heard that in renegades either Snake Eyes is the one framed for the hard masters death rather than Storm Shadow, or that Snake eyes actually DOES kill the hard master. The later (while I find extremely unlikely) would be a great twist imho. Since it would mean that the ninjas were actaully ninjas (ie assassins and therefore evil) and Snake Eyes had a change of heart. I just think this would add back a certain kind of depth that modern writers have been sucking out of him.

Interesting.

Zefram
12-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Interesting.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Reactions/arte.jpg

Trooper13
12-06-2010, 05:20 PM
I think it'd be a great twist to make SE the suspect in the Hard Master's murder. Wonder how this will all play out?