PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe Renegades Episode 3 - The Package Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Monkeywrench
12-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Major Bludd is the first order of business. I loved his voice and his overall look was nice. His ride was a beast. Really not feeling the haircut. I hope he starts wearing a helmet soon. It was a nice touch at the end seeing him get a scar and lose his eye. Overall I'm pleased, he just needs a helmet.

Bio Vipers. These are just not going to go away. Arrghh!! At least they look better now. Bio Vipers will be in wave 1 of the renegades line, calling it right now.

Ripcord isn't in the intro and he's dead!!! This is the best apology were ever gonna get for that thing called roc.

The action was nice in this one. I still don't like the "ninja music" and "latino music" whenevr SE and LJ appear. Speaking of LJ, when is she going to be with Flint? I hate seeing my boy Flint getting outsmarted by Duke.

Baroness is FTW!

Still don't know what to think about Breaker. It was a nice way to introduce him and at least he's not moroccan.

It looks like the A-team got there van.

Overall a very solid show. Some things were great, some were good and some were bad.

kneroh
12-03-2010, 07:13 PM
You nailed the major story points so, on a purely aesthetic note the animation was a lot more fluid than in the first two episodes. The lines were crisper and the colors a lot more vibrant.

Zefram
12-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Still don't know what to think about Breaker. It was a nice way to introduce him and at least he's not moroccan.

How is being a brit any better or worse?

Sho Nuff
12-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Really loved Bludd's look. I wish they would have left him with both eyes. Here's hoping he doesn't get that dumbass helmet.

Monkeywrench
12-03-2010, 07:19 PM

as I said, I'm still up in the air on him. It might just be my absolute hate towards the roc breaker that I'm more happy that he's english. Not sure yet lol. I actually hated breaker more then anybody else in roc. I wanna see how he plays out.

ksavelle
12-03-2010, 07:19 PM
i like it so far the story is fresh and original, i like how cobra is secret as oppsed to hey we are terrorists and you all know it, i love johnny messner as flint they should cast him for the second movie. all in all im very happy with the show

Echo7Solo
12-03-2010, 07:23 PM
I liked watching Snake Eyes get smacked around by Bludd the most.

kneroh
12-03-2010, 07:25 PM

True dat! F*** ninjas.

Yup. I said it. F*** ninjas.

Monkeywrench

That was nice. It's good to see that SE isn't superhuman. Also that reminds me that we got to see some of him out of costume. The fact that he is still white, which you never know, races change often now and he was bald. Maybe he his origin will be better then the roc one.

Zefram

Bludd was holding his own in places, but was actually getting his ass kicked. It's just ninja don't have a natural immunity to missiles in this verse.

Zefram
12-03-2010, 07:27 PM
That was nice. It's good to see that SE isn't superhuman. Also that reminds me that we got to see some of him out of costume. The fact that he is still white, which you never know, races change often now and he was bald. Maybe he his origin will be better then the roc one.

Why would it matter what race Snake Eyes of all people was?

Troynos
12-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Not having the Hub sucks.

Monkeywrench
12-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Why would it matter what race Snake Eyes of all people was?

it may not matter to some people but to me, I prefer to keep the race of core figures intact. I don't really like how Firefly has gotten a race change in the IDW series

kennywr22
Looks like se head was bald. Looks like it could be disfigured

Echo7Solo
True dat! F*** ninjas.

Yup. I said it. F*** ninjas.

lol..... yeah I agree. Too many ninjas are a bad thing

yeah I just wish they were not even getting into his origin at all.

Bludd was holding his own in places, but was actually getting his ass kicked. It's just ninja don't have a natural immunity to missiles in this verse.

I think he did more than hold his own. Rodblock had to save SE's ass at one part.

Monkeywrench

Hopefully they will put the shows online quicker this week

Monkeywrench
12-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Looks like se head was bald. Looks like it could be disfigured

thats what I'm thinking :)

Think there is a good chance that we will see a battle damage figure now?

Echo7Solo
12-03-2010, 07:45 PM
thats what I'm thinking :)

Think there is a good chance that we will see a battle damage figure now?

shhhhhhhhh! Don't give them an excuse for another Snake Eyes figure

ThunderKatt740
12-03-2010, 07:46 PM

I too am bummed that Breaker ain't a southern boy anymore. I'd imagine they changed it because sadly most people don't equate southerners with the intelligence to be elite computer hackers.

Overall I'm loving Renegades though.

Barefoot Jedi
12-03-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm amenable to race and gender changes for characters. Everybody probably has their own ideas of what they'd like and dislike as far as that goes.

Something that helps me have appreciation for the different interpretations of GIJOE is seeing them as adaptations of the property rather than as replacements for the original interpretations which, to me, are the Marvel run and Sunbow series.

I recognize different artists will interpret the characters in their own unique ways. What matters to me is whether or not the adaptation of the material appeals to me or not. Renegades does very much thus far. As did Resolute. ROC...not at all. Sigma Six...yes, actually to an extent I did like that interpretation. Did not enjoy Valor Versus Venom and SpyTroops.

Barefoot Jedi
12-03-2010, 07:49 PM
I too am bummed that Breaker ain't a southern boy anymore. I'd imagine they changed it because sadly most people don't equate southerners with the intelligence to be elite computer hackers.

They did keep Scarlett as being from Atlanta, though. Wasn't the ROC Scarlett Canadian or something?

Did you ever watch Sigma Six? That Scarlett actually had a Southern accent.

Monkeywrench
12-03-2010, 07:50 PM

LOL. It's going to happen either way. I'm lloking forward to seeing how the toys play out.

Echo7Solo
12-03-2010, 07:51 PM

hey... I'm from the south..... nevermind, I see your point.

ThunderKatt740
12-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Hopefully Beachhead keeps his accent.

Echo7Solo
12-03-2010, 08:01 PM
I think the best voice on the show is Flint.

Trooper13
12-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Wow, how great is this show? We need toys of that Cobra Truck, Bludd's ride, and Flint's Jeep. SSS Market, Brilliant. So relevant. Imagine being a kid, getting taken to Wal-Mart in this day in age. It'd be like part of the show. I can't get over how intelligently this is written. Loved this Bludd, Baroness is the Queen. It's interesting how they've changed Breaker over the last few Joe incarnations. Honestly, RoC Breaker was the best rendition of a signal soldier we've gotten. However, this guy isn't a soldier at all. Not sure how I feel about that, but I'm willing to let it play out. Love LJ, and poor, poor Flint. Man, I LOVE this show.

MeLikeJinx
12-03-2010, 08:04 PM
I am really disappointed in Renegades SE so far... first Bio Viper v1.0 beats the crap out of him and then Blood pretty much had him dead if not for Roadblock saving his butt.

At this rate SS will probably totally kick his butt too. LOL.

Zefram
12-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Flint's turning into the series' resident butt-monkey. XD

Monkeywrench
12-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Wow, how great is this show? We need toys of that Cobra Truck, Bludd's ride, and Flint's Jeep. SSS Market, Brilliant. So relevant. Imagine being a kid, getting taken to Wal-Mart in this day in age. It'd be like part of the show. I can't get over how intelligently this is written. Loved this Bludd, Baroness is the Queen. It's interesting how they've changed Breaker over the last few Joe incarnations. Honestly, RoC Breaker was the best rendition of a signal soldier we've gotten. However, this guy isn't a soldier at all. Not sure how I feel about that, but I'm willing to let it play out. Love LJ, and poor, poor Flint. Man, I LOVE this show.

I agree with alot of your statement. Hopefully with this being the origin of the joes, at some point Breaker will get some military training and he won't just be a useless tool. I'm also going to wait and see how it plays out.

Monkeywrench
12-03-2010, 08:07 PM
I think the best voice on the show is Flint.

He's definitly in the top 3. I would rate it

Commander
Baroness
Flint

honorable mention is SE ;)

Echo7Solo
12-03-2010, 08:07 PM
I am really disappointed in Renegades SE so far... first Bio Viper v1.0 beats the crap out of him and then Blood pretty much had him dead if not for Roadblock saving his butt.

At this rate SS will probably totally kick his butt too. LOL.

oh I hope so. The worst thing they can do is have SS job to SE right off the bat. If he does job to SE then he needs to own the rest of the joes.

I'm not big on ninjas but Storm Shadow has to be a total bad ass.

Barefoot Jedi
12-03-2010, 08:15 PM

Which I love. I'm very fond of that part of the show. I'm assuming a relationship will develop between him and Lady J as the story progresses. I like how that's set up.

I wonder if Flint will assemble a team to help him of other Joe characters and eventually that unit will merge with Scarlett's team.

Blue Ninja
Watching the episode, I knew the first thing people would be upset about is Bludd's hair. (upset might be a little strong) It was pretty bad, but the rest of him was pretty damn cool. I was impressed that he was able to hold his own against Snake-Eyes. That is probably as tough as Bludd has ever been portrayed. His loosing an eye was a nice touch.

His "Thunder Machine" is cool as hell, but I hope they don't release a repainted Dreadnok Thunder Machine as his.

The Bio-Vipers 1.0 (the one from eps 1-2 were betas, remember) were upsetting. While they were an improvement over the beta -- being more like BATs than unstoppable amebas on steroids -- but we all know that the only reason they are there is so the Joes can shoot someone without killing a real person. Unfortunately, I think we will see more of them, and less vipers.

Another "Red Tie." I am telling, these are suppose to be CGs.

Tunnel Rat not knowing how to defuse a bomb. Sad, especially because it was so Duke could do it. However, Tunnel Rat is freaking hilarious. "We got shields?" "We got weapons?" etc.

If the Coyote has a tracking device, why wasn't Cobra using it?

What happened to the jeep they stole from Flint? Seems like a bad sign for continuity.

The naming of Breaker and the Coyote was lame as hell. And Breaker--even the RoC one--is cooler than this dweeb. No, sir, didn't like him at all. Hopefully, he will just be the occasional face on the video screen from here on out...if anything.

And...it was way too short! Waiting a week for it...and then it was over like a blink of an eye...I can't say it wasn't worth it, but damn, I want more!

Trooper13
He's definitly in the top 3. I would rate it

Commander
Baroness
Flint

honorable mention is SE ;)

I concur on your list. Adler does an amazing Commander. How great is it that the Baroness has her accent back? That's the Baroness I love.

Trooper13
12-03-2010, 08:17 PM
If we don't get that truck as a toy, I'm going to be one sad, sad panda. I've been dying for a killer GP Truck since I was a little kid. We FINALLY get one, they HAVE to make thing in toy form.

Monkeywrench
12-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Watching the episode, I knew the first thing people would be upset about is Bludd's hair. (upset might be a little strong) It was pretty bad, but the rest of him was pretty damn cool. I was impressed that he was able to hold his own against Snake-Eyes. That is probably as tough as Bludd has ever been portrayed. His loosing an eye was a nice touch.

His "Thunder Machine" is cool as hell, but I hope they don't release a repainted Dreadnok Thunder Machine as his.

The Bio-Vipers 1.0 (the one from eps 1-2 were betas, remember) were upsetting. While they were an improvement over the beta -- being more like BATs than unstoppable amebas on steroids -- but we all know that the only reason they are there is so the Joes can shoot someone without killing a real person. Unfortunately, I think we will see more of them, and less vipers.

Another "Red Tie." I am telling, these are suppose to be CGs.

Tunnel Rat not knowing how to defuse a bomb. Sad, especially because it was so Duke could do it. However, Tunnel Rat is freaking hilarious. "We got shields?" "We got weapons?" etc.

What happened to the jeep they stole from Flint? Seems like a bad sign for continuity.

The naming of Breaker and the Coyote was lame as hell. And Breaker--even the RoC one--is cooler than this dweeb. No, sir, didn't like him at all. Hopefully, he will just be the occasional face on the video screen from here on out...if anything.

And...it was way too short! Waiting a week for it...and then it was over like a blink of an eye...I can't say it wasn't worth it, but damn, I want more!

You have some great points in there. I never thought about your "red tie" theory before. You might be onto something. I can see that happening.

Blue Ninja
12-03-2010, 08:33 PM

Despite being a Snake Eyes fan, I have to agree. No more SE for awhile. He changes clothes more often than a Barbie. Give us some time to play with the ones we got.

MeLikeJinx
12-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Hahaha. I bet even Inspector Gadget without the help of Penny would probably find the Renegade Joes before Flint does. LOL.

Monkeywrench
I concur on your list. Adler does an amazing Commander. How great is it that the Baroness has her accent back? That's the Baroness I love.

I agree. Its so awesome hearing Baroness in this show and Adler is great!

Steel Brigade
Bludd had a great design ...almost a German look, & it was nice to see the Joes do stuff without Snake always stepping in, & even better that he actually got injured. Breaker took a bit of getting used to, but he got better as the story progressed, now he needs to fill in that beard! LOL!! Animation quality was better like Episode 2.

dj7000
12-03-2010, 08:43 PM
I'm sold on this toon. If the toys are kick ass then I'm also broke again>:[

Zefram
12-03-2010, 08:44 PM

Remember, Baroness specifically asked the dude if any "emergency distress signals" had recently gone up. It's likely that they don't put out a signal unless they go into combat mode.

minitrue
12-03-2010, 08:56 PM
I can't wait to see this. I guess I'll be making hourly YouTube checks...

Lion
12-03-2010, 09:06 PM
The Major Bludd episode was good.

Iron Will
12-03-2010, 09:46 PM
Agree another good episode. And the SE 2 parter preview looked awesome. Jinx and SS!! Renegades has redeemed ROC! Eagerly waiting to see what this toy line will look like.

carion
12-03-2010, 10:56 PM
This show is getting better with each episode.

Really like their version of Major Bludd, enjoyed seeing him holding his own against SE.

Cant wait to see their take on Zartan and the Dreadnocks.

CVdelgado
12-03-2010, 11:13 PM
oooh cant wait to watch it on youtube!

fireflyguy
12-03-2010, 11:19 PM
I really enjoyed this episode.

I like the whole A-team type story. They even have the opening sequence similar to the A-team.

I love the vehicles in this show and hope that all of them get their own molds and are in a decent scale. I really like the Cobra van that the renegades stole, and I like Bludd's car.

I'm enough of a "Joe nerd" that when they said the name Alvin Kibbey, I knew it was some character from the original ARAH series, so I looked it up, and thought it was interesting that it was Breaker. I'm not opposed to this character.

The fights were cool. It was REFRESHING to see that SE isn't indestructible, as many of you have mentioned, but I still want him to win.

I KNEW that at the end, it would show that BLudd had lost an eye. He didn't have the patch during the episode, and you can reinvent Bludd all you want but you cannot take away the eye patch.

I'm looking forward to more episodes!!!!!

ChaplainAsst
12-03-2010, 11:20 PM
The Bio-Vipers were the weak link in this week's show. I guess the prototype was a more potent version than the ones we saw this week. Let's look at how each episode dealt with these enemies: Episode 1: Electricity and explosions apparently kill them. Episode 2: Electricity stuns them, explosions stun them, pesticides kill them. Episode 3: Everything seems to kill them? I can't recall seeing them form back in this episode - at least, not after the first few minutes of attacking. Also, in episode 3, they don't have bio weapons, but rather use normal guns. It just seems the bio vipers went from being intimidating to being only intimidating in large groups.

wertdog91
12-03-2010, 11:20 PM

I hear that Z

carion
12-03-2010, 11:35 PM
I guess the Bio-Viper is the new B.A.T.

Biological-Android-Trooper

MeLikeJinx
12-03-2010, 11:41 PM
I guess the Bio-Viper is the new B.A.T.

Biological-Android-Trooper
Not bad. LOL. I still think more traditional B.A.T.s are coming eventually though.

carion
12-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Not bad. LOL. I still think more traditional B.A.T.s are coming eventually though.

I hope your right about that.

knoxvelour
12-03-2010, 11:46 PM
I like the Major's hair. It's just like mine is right now :)

carion
12-03-2010, 11:47 PM
I would really like them to make a Major Bludd figure based on this episodes design.

He could even come with two heads, first head has 2 eyes, second head scared with eyepatch.

Blue Ninja
12-03-2010, 11:49 PM
The Bio-Vipers were the weak link in this week's show. I guess the prototype was a more potent version than the ones we saw this week. Let's look at how each episode dealt with these enemies: Episode 1: Electricity and explosions apparently kill them. Episode 2: Electricity stuns them, explosions stun them, pesticides kill them. Episode 3: Everything seems to kill them? I can't recall seeing them form back in this episode - at least, not after the first few minutes of attacking. Also, in episode 3, they don't have bio weapons, but rather use normal guns. It just seems the bio vipers went from being intimidating to being only intimidating in large groups.

As I mentioned, the 1.0 biovipers were quite different from the beta. I would guess Cobra decided to go with a weaker, but more controllable version. Note that these had a much more humanoid form...likely indicating more human DNA content. They were also less flexible and much more vulnerable.
They are destine to become the battledroids of the joeverse. Roger Roger.

Zablorg
12-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Let's look at how each episode dealt with these enemies: Episode 1: Electricity and explosions apparently kill them. Episode 2: Electricity stuns them, explosions stun them, pesticides kill them.

Did they ever get around to electrocuting it in the second episode, though? I know Duke tried with the power line, but never actually managed it. Then didn't the Bio-Viper explode against the fence, which probably would have killed it if it didn't managed to remake itself by eating corn?

HobbyHobbs
12-03-2010, 11:50 PM
This show, is really bringing some quality time for me and my 10 year old son to have together. And that is awesome.

What was sooo damn weird for me, is I don't have any incarnation of a Major Blood figure, so I recently made one.

I had just got done talking about it with my son, the original back story and the interpretation I had for the one I made (with BOTH eyes) . . . Then I tell him, "hey, let's go watch Renegades, Mommy DVR'ed it for us".

While watching it we were BOTH blown away, I think he thought I'm writing the damn show!

What a nice thing.

crock master
12-03-2010, 11:51 PM
all 3 episodes have put me near to sleep

Barefoot Jedi
12-03-2010, 11:57 PM
all 3 episodes have put me near to sleep

You can give up the Xanax prescription then.

It'll cost less money in the long term.

MeLikeJinx
12-03-2010, 11:59 PM
I would really like them to make a Major Bludd figure based on this episodes design.

He could even come with two heads, first head has 2 eyes, second head scared with eyepatch.
I wonder what Major Bludd will look like for Round 2 with the Joes... and his second battle with SE. He will probably upgrade his weapons and gear (maybe with a helmet)... not to mention the eye patch. Unless he's so bada** he don't even wear one. LOL.

What was sooo damn weird for me, is I don't have any incarnation of a Major Blood figure, so I recently made one.

I had just got done talking about it with my son, the original back story and the interpretation I had for the one I made (with BOTH eyes) . . . Then I tell him, "hey, let's go watch Renegades, Mommy DVR'ed it for us".
Freaky! LOL. And as cool as Renegades Bludd is... for me ARAH Major Bludd and his dorky helmet and robot arm is still my default Bludd look though.

General Hawk
12-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Okay, I've added Episode 3 to the GeneralsJoes Renegades Episode Guide!

Episode Three – The Package | G.I. Joe: Renegades (http://generalsjoes.com/renegades/episode-guide/season-one/episode-three-the-package/)

Video clips, episode synopsis, and review!

Justin

General Hawk
12-04-2010, 12:03 AM
Personally... I liked Episode 3. There were some minor drawbacks that I wasn't crazy about. The Bio-Vipers bummed me out. Flint acting like the typical incompetent comic relieft pursuer was disappointing.

But everything about Major Bludd was awesome. Completely awesome. The look, the accent, the fighting ability.

It all looked really, really cool, and the animation seemed quite a bit smoother than last week, too.

Can't wait for the Arashikage 2-parter!

Justin

carion
12-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Personally... I liked Episode 3. There were some minor drawbacks that I wasn't crazy about. Flint acting like the typical incompetent comic relieft pursuer was disappointing.

Justin

Yea, Im getting a little tired of the way Flint is being portraid. You would think that Flint should of been a little suspiscious of the car loaded down with rockets and machine guns shooting at the same people he is persueing.

MeLikeJinx
12-04-2010, 12:11 AM

Episode Three – The Package | G.I. Joe: Renegades (http://generalsjoes.com/renegades/episode-guide/season-one/episode-three-the-package/)

Justin
Totally missed the Roadblock's bubble gum and Breaker connection. LOL. Neat.

Yea, Im getting a little tired of the way Flint is being portraid. You would think that Flint should of been a little suspiscious of the car loaded down with rockets and machine guns shooting at the same people he is persueing.
Maybe they are making Flint like that as a setup for him and Lady Jaye liking each other later on.

carion
12-04-2010, 12:23 AM
I was always a marvel comics guy, never big on the original cartoon.

That being said, even tho Renegades has made some ,major changes to the original continuity with some minor irritants (which can be nitpicked to death) I think this is an awsome show.

Their are three members missing by the way. The original Renegades Mercer, Taurus, and Red dog.

Zefram
12-04-2010, 12:27 AM
I was always a marvel comics guy, never big on the original cartoon.

That being said, even tho Renegades has made some ,major changes to the original continuity with some minor irritants (which can be nitpicked to death) I think this is an awsome show.

Their are three members missing by the way. The original Renegades Mercer, Taurus, and Red dog.

I'd shit bricks if Sgt Slaughter had a cameo.

carion
12-04-2010, 12:31 AM
I'd shit bricks if Sgt Slaughter had a cameo.

That WOULD be awsome!!!!!!

The cameo I mean, not you making bricks.

~Synder Corps.~
12-04-2010, 12:33 AM
A-Team got their van... BWAHAHA!!!!!

dj7000
12-04-2010, 12:34 AM
watchin again:)

RogueWingnut
12-04-2010, 12:35 AM
Saw it tonight
Pika-Duke was annoying yet again and why didnt Flint notice the European sports car with gatling gun and missle racks?

Good to see a 'breaker' born tho

Gatchaman
12-04-2010, 12:36 AM
Wow, only 7 pages?!? Big difference from last week.

I liked this episode. Major Bludd was awesome. When I 1st saw him I was upset he didn't have an eye patch but then remembered how they are starting everything from the beginning so figured he would get it later on. I thought it would have been a few more episodes into it not at the end of the 1st one he was in. Either way it’s still very cool.

It was funny, during the fight in the warehouse I thought to myself "Hey, they havn't shown any Bio Vipers, maybe the 2 part beginning really would be the only time they would show them" and then about 3 seconds after that thought, Bam! There they are. Oh well. It would have been waaaay cooler to have just had Cobra troops show up.

Didn't care for breaker. I figured it was either Breaker or Mainframe when he first showed up. He was to much of a coward and he wasn't even in the military. Maybe that will change over time.

The action was great and like many have said, the animation is better. I can't wait for next week’s episode.

dj7000
12-04-2010, 12:42 AM
I'm hoping from time to time they take a break from introducing new characters, so it doesnt become mundane.

carion
12-04-2010, 12:42 AM

It was funny, during the fight in the warehouse I thought to myself "Hey, they havn't shown any Bio Vipers, and then about 3 seconds after that thought, Bam! There they are.

So it is all your fault. You used your psycic powers to implant the Bio-Vipers into this episode.

WHY Oh WHy did you do it???

Zefram
12-04-2010, 12:47 AM

The premier thread is still going though. >.>

It was funny, during the fight in the warehouse I thought to myself "Hey, they havn't shown any Bio Vipers, maybe the 2 part beginning really would be the only time they would show them" and then about 3 seconds after that thought, Bam! There they are. Oh well. It would have been waaaay cooler to have just had Cobra troops show up.

Go back a few pages in the premier thread and see a real-time reaction to that scene on my part. :D

MeLikeJinx
12-04-2010, 12:48 AM
So it is all your fault. You used your psycic powers to implant the Bio-Vipers into this episode.

WHY Oh WHy did you do it???
I agree. Definitely his fault. LOL.

dj7000
12-04-2010, 12:52 AM

Justin

thank you for this! Great way to keep updated!

MAJOR BLOOD
12-04-2010, 12:56 AM
Wish I got to see it to contribute something. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll find it.

I have not read much so that I don't find out everything but I like that you did this MW. It could be a nice format to talk each episode in it's own thread to see how much interest stays throughout the series. So far it seems there is a decent amount of positive feedback.

the odinson
12-04-2010, 12:58 AM
the more i see the less i like.

Gatchaman
12-04-2010, 01:09 AM
I agree. Definitely his fault. LOL.

I have to admit it was kind of freaky the way it happened. Sorry guys. Next week I will try to think about Vipers, blue Shirts and Crimson Guards and see what happens.

700block
12-04-2010, 01:12 AM
my gf just asked why breaker looks like egon.

MeLikeJinx
12-04-2010, 01:13 AM
I have to admit it was kind of freaky the way it happened. Sorry guys. Next week I will try to think about Vipers, blue Shirts and Crimson Guards and see what happens.
LOL. Too bad eps 4 & 5 are the Arashikage eps. But I am counting on you for eps 6 & 7. LOL.

Gatchaman
12-04-2010, 01:21 AM
LOL. Too bad eps 4 & 5 are the Arashikage eps. But I am counting on you for eps 6 & 7. LOL.

Oh right. Ok eps 6 & 7 it is then. Maybe I will throw in some thoughts of Scarlett and lady J in kinky lingerie. Just for you guys. ;)

Gatchaman
12-04-2010, 01:23 AM
The premier thread is still going though. >.>

Go back a few pages in the premier thread and see a real-time reaction to that scene on my part. :D

That was too funny. I started reading a few pages before it so it built up nicely too. LOL

SH0CKWAVE
12-04-2010, 01:24 AM
my 8 year old daughter loves Renegades.

sold.

*Breaker was a bit much, but in the end he was ok, i guess. Glad Ripcord is truly dead. Feel bad for Flint - really want him to be bad ass. Baroness is pure win. I want her toy. :D

HobbyHobbs
12-04-2010, 01:32 AM
Why do I keep thinking Antonio Banderas will pop up whenever Lady J is on screen, and that music plays.

Its wierd.

Like a guitar case machine gun is about to erupt at any moment.

Zefram
12-04-2010, 01:36 AM
Why do I keep thinking Antonio Banderas will pop up whenever Lady J is on screen, and that music plays.

Its wierd.

Like a guitar case machine gun is about to erupt at any moment.

It is getting a bit old, isn't it? SE's Japanese ninja theme too. Each character having a leitmotif is cool, but being that blatantly obvious with it isn't. I shudder to think if they had a Chinese character he'd have that, "Dadadada dah dah daaaah.", tune they'd play for every f***ing Chinese character that ever appeared on film in the 70s.

Older tankers will know of what I speak.

sharky
12-04-2010, 01:41 AM
It is getting a bit old, isn't it? SE's Japanese ninja theme too. Each character having a leitmotif is cool, but being that blatantly obvious with it isn't. I shudder to think if they had a Chinese character he'd have that, "Dadadada dah dah daaaah.", tune they'd play for every f***ing Chinese character that ever appeared on film in the 70s.

Don't forget the gong. :D

RenHoek
12-04-2010, 01:48 AM

Well, Tunnel Rat is half Chinese and he doesn't get the tune, so I don't think they would do something that blatantly offensive.

HobbyHobbs
12-04-2010, 01:51 AM
Well, the look on my kids face when Ninja Go Time good time happy music plays, makes it tolerable. Myself, Im not a Ninja fan. I personally think if ARAH debuted in 2010, Snake Eyes would be an MMA fighter, I think he has always been gimmick driven.

Buut my point with Lady J's music, is it doesnt really "fire up" my kid when he hears it. Its leaves me thinking "wtf?" so why is it there?

Unlike the SE music, Im like "wtf?" but my kid is doing jump kicks and throwing fists at the ceiling - mission accomplished.

GeneralEagle
12-04-2010, 01:59 AM
episode 3 was good. Bludd was awesome and his ride was the best thing in the episode.

Breaker's intro was ok, i would have liked it better if they'd dome mainframe or Sparks personally.

Loved Flint getting dropped into that sink-hole it was so funny.

Zefram
12-04-2010, 02:03 AM
You guys think Hasbro will drop a Coyote on us? It would only have to be a little bigger than the Steel Crusher (maybe half-again as long) to look and play decent.

Hope they don't load it with useless play features. A pop-out turret would mess up any hope of the back opening up.

sithewok
12-04-2010, 02:22 AM
Well, after the first two episodes, I said I wasn't sure if I would keep watching the series.

Have to say after the third, that I am hooked. While I had some issues with this one, (mostly the freaking bio-vipers. ugh. Just wish that they would go away...) it was a great, fun cartoon. Major Bludd was cool - as was his ride. Great funny dialogue that was actually funny (unlike the horrible Ripcord dialogue in the first episode). I'm definitely going to be watching this show. I guess I can be counted among the converts. ;)

As for toys, interested to see what happens with the figures. Still very glad that the figures won't be animated style, but don't know how they will look as realistic interpretations of the toon figures - probably a lot like the POC wave 3 Duke. And please, please, please release that cobra truck, Hasbro. An armored cobra personnel carrier? I don't even want to think about how many I would buy.....

tycondrius
12-04-2010, 02:27 AM
anyone got a youtube link for ep3 ? i can't get the hub here :(

Headman
12-04-2010, 02:35 AM
I think it's going to be a huge mistake going to the CDC, but this ark is a bit of a departure from the comics so there's no way of knowing.

InfiniteJest
12-04-2010, 02:47 AM
You guys think Hasbro will drop a Coyote on us?

It will be interesting to see what vehicles come out of it. Bludd's car was freakin' sweet and I'd love to see it in toy form.

I think it's going to be a huge mistake going to the CDC, but this ark is a bit of a departure from the comics so there's no way of knowing.

Lol. The Bio vipers are kind of like zombies...

NSP
12-04-2010, 03:12 AM
I am definitely diggin this show! :D

NSP

Monkeywrench
12-04-2010, 03:22 AM
Personally... I liked Episode 3. There were some minor drawbacks that I wasn't crazy about. The Bio-Vipers bummed me out. Flint acting like the typical incompetent comic relieft pursuer was disappointing.

But everything about Major Bludd was awesome. Completely awesome. The look, the accent, the fighting ability.

It all looked really, really cool, and the animation seemed quite a bit smoother than last week, too.

Can't wait for the Arashikage 2-parter!

Justin

I agree 100% with this

Snake Eyes-Joe Ninja
12-04-2010, 03:30 AM
Any chance this is online yet? I worked allllllll night.

Monkeywrench
12-04-2010, 03:33 AM
I have not read much so that I don't find out everything but I like that you did this MW. It could be a nice format to talk each episode in it's own thread to see how much interest stays throughout the series. So far it seems there is a decent amount of positive feedback.

Thanks bro. I think it's best to have a thread per show. Doesn't matter who starts it. It's easier to read thru instead of searching 100's of pages. So far the interest in the show has been very positive. It's nice being around all this positive energy with Joe. Kinda scary actually ;)

CliffSteele
12-04-2010, 05:59 AM
Like Bludd.

HATE what they've done w/ Breaker. I prefer Southern military or even Moroccan Breaker to nerdy conspiracy guy. They could've done this AND kept him military like IDW has done w/ Mainframe.

They actually had the balls to kill Ripcord. Props.

Snake-Eyes uneven stubbly head means maybe they're keeping the whole burned up face thing. cool. It's COOL when he can't talk and burned his vocal chords being heroic. It's F-ING LAME when he "has sworn an oath of silence."

The SSS Mart/Cobra employee doesn't ask Roadblock where his uniform is or why he's wearing body armor?

I thought the Bio-Viper would be an occasional thing. Looks like they're the new B.A.T.s

I like the in-fighting between Duke & Scarlett. I DON'T like that the Intelligence officer seems to do quite a few dumb things and can't fight.

Does Roadblock HAVE to be dumb?

I like the amount of Snake-eyes ass-kicking we're getting.

MeLikeJinx
12-04-2010, 07:05 AM
The SSS Mart/Cobra employee doesn't ask Roadblock where his uniform is or why he's wearing body armor?
Yah, but I think they modeled the SSS-Mart employee after the guy who runs the toy department at Walmart... I doubt that guy would give a crap about Roadblock either... or anything for that matter. LOL.

Zefram
12-04-2010, 07:06 AM
Snake-Eyes uneven stubbly head means maybe they're keeping the whole burned up face thing. cool. It's COOL when he can't talk and burned his vocal chords being heroic. It's F-ING LAME when he "has sworn an oath of silence."

Agreed, which is why IT WASN'T IN THE FINAL CUT OF THE F***ING MOVIE. RoC is old news anyway, move along.

ChaplainAsst
12-04-2010, 07:09 AM
You guys think Hasbro will drop a Coyote on us? It would only have to be a little bigger than the Steel Crusher (maybe half-again as long) to look and play decent.

Hope they don't load it with useless play features. A pop-out turret would mess up any hope of the back opening up.

You could make a pop up gun and have the back open up simply by making the top of truck very thick and having the gun recessed into that. But, it would only be a turret and wouldn't have a gunners station inside it. Pesonally, I think the Coyote is a done deal - its way too prominant with far too many toy features to not be. But like most transports, I doubt it will seat 6 with room in the back too. I agree, probably a little bigger than the Steel Crusher - maybe Indy truck size - but doubtful it will the new GI Joe APC.

SNAKE EYES
12-04-2010, 07:24 AM
I thought episode 3 was pretty good. Bludd was decent, but he had more of a Dreadnok vibe and his car looked like an updated version of the Thundermachine.

I loved the end though with Bludd's accident.

CliffSteele
12-04-2010, 07:34 AM
Agreed, which is why IT WASN'T IN THE FINAL CUT OF THE F***ING MOVIE. RoC is old news anyway, move along.

What wasn't in the final cut of the movie? I distinctly remember a line of dialogue about him having sworn an oath of silence. Did they get rid of it for the DVD?

CliffSteele
12-04-2010, 07:37 AM
Yah, but I think they modeled the SSS-Mart employee after the guy who runs the toy department at Walmart... I doubt that guy would give a crap about Roadblock either... or anything for that matter. LOL.

Haha! His only concern is that Roadblock is working OFF the clock to save the dept. money.

Zefram
12-04-2010, 07:48 AM
What wasn't in the final cut of the movie? I distinctly remember a line of dialogue about him having sworn an oath of silence. Did they get rid of it for the DVD?

I know it was in the leaked script, but from what I heard it was cutfor whatever reason, and I don't remember any mention of it when I rented it. Maybe you saw a pre-release boot?

Trooper13
12-04-2010, 08:44 AM

I think this may be seen as some sort of trade off. For Mindbender to make them controllable, he had to "dilute" everything about them. I'm sure CC really gave him hell for losing control of the one in Springfield.

Sunbow_Joe84
12-04-2010, 08:45 AM
NO it's in the film. I have the blu-ray and dvd. storm shadow tells snake eyes "When our master was killed, you took a vow of silence. Now you will die without a word."

fireflyguy
12-04-2010, 08:46 AM
I thought episode 3 was pretty good. Bludd was decent, but he had more of a Dreadnok vibe and his car looked like an updated version of the Thundermachine.

This is what I thought.

TARGETSIX
12-04-2010, 08:49 AM
I watched episode three last night and it wasn't bad. Major Bludd was great. Breaker was OK, I can deal with him. I am however so over the Bio-vipers. If they had just been Cobra troopers instead this episode would have been much better. I just don't want this show to turn into The A-Team vs the Clone Troopers. Anyway, that's my two cents.

Trooper13
12-04-2010, 08:59 AM

I hope so. I've been wanting a big transport truck since I was a kid. The Cobra truck would become a legendary vehicle I think. Just like all our favorites. The cool thing would be that the Cobra truck, and the Coyote could be just like the old VAMP/Stinger. Same vehicle, different faction.

The pop up turret is the one thing that worries me. I'd rather see a modular turret, and armor I think. That way you could use it as a transport, but "armor it up" for battle.

Sunbow_Joe84
12-04-2010, 09:00 AM
cannot wait to see the episode in full. gotta wait til it's online though. I've watched the clips and from and from what I've seen so far. episode three seems to be solid. I'm really looking forward to toyfair to see the upcoming action figures.

fireflyguy
12-04-2010, 09:34 AM

I hope so. I've been wanting a big transport truck since I was a kid. The Cobra truck would become a legendary vehicle I think. Just like all our favorites. The cool thing would be that the Cobra truck, and the Coyote could be just like the old VAMP/Stinger. Same vehicle, different faction.

The pop up turret is the one thing that worries me. I'd rather see a modular turret, and armor I think. That way you could use it as a transport, but "armor it up" for battle.

I would love to see that Cobra truck hit production, but I have the same worries. PLEASE HASBRO --- NO POP UP WEAPONS OR SHOOTING WEAPONS!

I would love to see this as an operation s van/troop transport, but something that can be used in battle. It doesn't have to have gimmicks to be awesome. And they can make it a larger size. It would sell, and I agree that it would probably be a new classic.

Perhaps it could be constructed similar to this:
GO DIEGO GO MOBILE RESCU... (http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=270673111232&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=65293595616)

Where the back door will come down so troops can go in, but then you could open up the back to have easier accessibility. There could be a wall with a doorway that separates the front from the back, and the front could be a 4-seater.

General Overlord
12-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Yeah, the Bio-viper are the new BATs. I understand why the are doing it for kid's tv show, but please give some cobre trooper. I love the Baroness. The Joes are ok for now.

Trooper13
12-04-2010, 09:41 AM
I would love to see that Cobra truck hit production, but I have the same worries. PLEASE HASBRO --- NO POP UP WEAPONS OR SHOOTING WEAPONS!

I would love to see this as an operation s van/troop transport, but something that can be used in battle. It doesn't have to have gimmicks to be awesome. And they can make it a larger size. It would sell, and I agree that it would probably be a new classic.

Yeah, I'd actually prefer just a plain general purpose truck that you can use as a transport, to carry cargo, ect. However I don't think Hasbro will feel that a vehicle that doesn't "do" anything will sell.

I'd love to see the door from the box to the cab, and the thing be a four seater. However it'd have to be HUGE for that and I don't think we're gonna get one that's true to scale. The truck in the show is about the size of a military 5 ton or wrecker. I think we'll likely see something about 2.5 ton size.

While I think it's great that the vehicles are so cool in this series, I'm worried I'll only be that much more disappointed when they ruin them with the gimmicks.

The Steel Crusher is one of my favorite Joe vehicles ever, but that stupid-assed plasma cannon ruined the fact that we could have gotten a great 4 seater covert transport for Cobra.

fireflyguy
12-04-2010, 09:45 AM
The Steel Crusher is one of my favorite Joe vehicles ever, but that stupid-assed plasma cannon ruined the fact that we could have gotten a great 4 seater covert transport for Cobra.

This was a big fail on Hasbro's part. Coulda been even more spectacular than it was. I bought one but it's just sittin' there, so I've seriously thought of getting rid of it.

Trooper13
12-04-2010, 09:57 AM
This was a big fail on Hasbro's part. Coulda been even more spectacular than it was. I bought one but it's just sittin' there, so I've seriously thought of getting rid of it.

I'm torn. I use mine, and love it, but the cannon never comes out. I use one of my PoC AV's as my Steel Crusher driver, since I hate the ___-Viper that came with it. I find PoC AV's work perfectly for my vehicle drivers and chopper crew.

I just keep it in stealth mode most of the time and I think it's a perfect way for my RoC TRU Firefly to get around. Him and the AV look badass rolling around in it. Now all I need is a handful of Shock Troopers out front to form a wall and it's the perfect "City Strike" vehicle.

Immortal_Joker
12-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Is there any site that has episode 3?? I mean come on man why do many of us who dont have the Hub an live outside the US have to suffer??

An dont mention that channel on youtube I dont kno what is taking that guy so damn long to upload it with perfect sound.

Unclassified
12-04-2010, 10:28 AM
this is the first one i watched, and i have to say, i dig it. i like how they tied in the original in certain areas. it's def not my kind'a joe, but it is good, and hell of alot better then the roc.
and i really don't dig the on the run a-team twist, but it's still pretty cool. kennywr or whatever his name is can suck it, cus he's right, the show is pretty cool.

Trooper13
12-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Is there any site that has episode 3?? I mean come on man why do many of us who dont have the Hub an live outside the US have to suffer??

An dont mention that channel on youtube I dont kno what is taking that guy so damn long to upload it with perfect sound.

This needs to get on Youtube, not just for you poor guys who can't watch it. I NEED a new signature and this show is pure GOLD when it comes to signatures and avatars.

Sunbow_Joe84
12-04-2010, 10:48 AM
YouTube - GI Joe Renegades Episode 3 Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fyz343M6Vk&feature=sub)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhABBdrrCM0
here's episode 3 guys.
edit: part 2 now up. yo joe

spect_spidey
12-04-2010, 10:55 AM
I am really liking this show, but I wish that the toys would be animated style. Not just for me, but I think it would help them sell to the kids. Kids want the toys to look like the characters they see on tv, not kinda or close to like them.

Sunbow_Joe84
12-04-2010, 10:57 AM
found part 1 of episode 3 on you tube
YouTube - GI Joe Renegades Episode 3 Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fyz343M6Vk)

alexan2dros
thanks man

Sunbow_Joe84
no prob. just doing my part yo joe!

Unclassified
12-04-2010, 10:59 AM
i missed the last 20 mins. damn commercial came on and i passed out. woke up at 5:30 like wtf happened?? i still need to see the first 2 as well as the last 20 mins. anyone know if hub has ondemand?

WVMojo
12-04-2010, 11:05 AM

I've worked with a PHD level Chemical Engineer and he's brilliant. But it's hard to hear him speak about advanced chemical compounds with an Oklahoma accent...just sayin.

Better a Brit than a Breaker who talks like Boomhauer -

YouTube - Boomhauer - The Net (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3C_wLCZ18M)

Sunbow_Joe84
12-04-2010, 11:08 AM
YouTube - GI Joe Renegades Episode 3 Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhABBdrrCM0)
here's part 2

crock master
12-04-2010, 11:15 AM
You can give up the Xanax prescription then.

It'll cost less money in the long term.

you shouldnt point your problems and issuse on other people. its bad manners. dont get your feelings hurt. its just another crappy show.

KushViper
12-04-2010, 11:18 AM
Thanks dude! I missed it last night! Great episode!!!

KushViper
12-04-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm amenable to race and gender changes for characters. Everybody probably has their own ideas of what they'd like and dislike as far as that goes.

Something that helps me have appreciation for the different interpretations of GIJOE is seeing them as adaptations of the property rather than as replacements for the original interpretations which, to me, are the Marvel run and Sunbow series.

I recognize different artists will interpret the characters in their own unique ways. What matters to me is whether or not the adaptation of the material appeals to me or not. Renegades does very much thus far. As did Resolute. ROC...not at all. Sigma Six...yes, actually to an extent I did like that interpretation. Did not enjoy Valor Versus Venom and SpyTroops.

Sigma 6 was a good show. I really like Renegades so far! This last episode was by far the best. can't wait to see the NOKS!

crock master
12-04-2010, 11:29 AM
i missed the last 20 mins. damn commercial came on and i passed out. woke up at 5:30 like wtf happened?? i still need to see the first 2 as well as the last 20 mins. anyone know if hub has ondemand?

see, it wasnt just me. i have read quite a few threads all saying the say thing.

minitrue
12-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Just saw it on YouTube. Can't wait to watch it again later with my son.

Zartanman
12-04-2010, 11:54 AM
I like the fact that there are a lot of elements in the show so far that remind me A LOT of the Marvel Comics run. Especially Snake Eyes and Scarlett and some of the other Origins so far.

They are not exact of course but it just reminds me of some of those stories and I like that. I'm also glad that Scarlett and Duke have no interest in each other.

Personally I like the Latina Lady Jaye is spices things up a bit. I also LOVE Flint even though hes a complete ass they are really writing that well and you know in the end he will come around.

"That's another felony." LOL

dj7000
12-04-2010, 12:12 PM

I really don't find a problem with it or think it offensive in the least. barely noticeable unless one is really just looking for it

kennywr22
12-04-2010, 12:13 PM
I guess that's a compliment unclassified? ? Lol. Told you it was gonna be good.

MAJOR BLOOD
12-04-2010, 12:42 PM
The animation is the only thing bothering me at this point. I just saw it and liked the introduction of Hitl....er, Bludd. I realize that with the budget they were limited for the animation but I wish they could do a little more with it.

It was nice to see someone get in a fight with Snake Eyes and not get owned. Makes him seem almost human. And it's cool that Lady Jay is doing what she can to help yet Flint is too much of a meat head to figure it out.

And I take it at the end we got a glimpse of why Bludd got the eye patch? I would have hoped it was something better. His character is pretty bad ass. His car was screaming ROC I thought but it worked well in the toon. Digging it so far.

Ottobratte
12-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Absolutely loved Bludd's look. The hair reminds me of someone:
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z271/Ottobratte/oldman.jpg

ravage28
12-04-2010, 01:44 PM
Nicely stated , however i would have perfered Firefly as the mercenary not bludd. Bludd in a later episode.

Super Beast
12-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Blood was a beast!! Loved Breaker even. Hope he gets a uniform soon.

And I loved the nod to GIJOE the movie.

"You think the commander is half snake?"

"HE is!!! I've seen scales!!"

hahahaha

Super Beast
12-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Anyone else notice how they are becoming even more of the A-Team!? They Improvised weapons for pete sakes!

...Love the A team though, and this Toon rocks..sooo whatever! lol :D

Mazinger
12-04-2010, 01:54 PM
Thanks so much!

SH0CKWAVE
12-04-2010, 01:55 PM

NO it's in the film. I have the blu-ray and dvd. storm shadow tells snake eyes "When our master was killed, you took a vow of silence. Now you will die without a word."

pwned!

luigi
12-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Anyone else notice how they are becoming even more of the A-Team!? They Improvised weapons for pete sakes!

...Love the A team though, and this Toon rocks..sooo whatever! lol :D

agreed

Sunbow_Joe84
12-04-2010, 01:56 PM
I cannot stop watching this. The last episode was so perfect. I'm buying that major bludd as soon as it's released. I'm really hoping for the coyote as well.

Sunbow_Joe84
12-04-2010, 01:58 PM
pwned!

not taking any sides in the ROC vs. ARAH wars. just reporting the facts.

SH0CKWAVE
12-04-2010, 02:06 PM
not taking any sides in the ROC vs. ARAH wars. just reporting the facts.

... and a refreshing approach it is.

Sunbow_Joe84
12-04-2010, 02:10 PM
character breakdown. are the cobra operatives in the blue business suits equal to crimson guard or cobra officers? I'm hoping they're just officers and we'll get something else for crimson guard. especially since tomax and xamot are confirmed characters.

Mermaniel
12-04-2010, 02:11 PM
you gotta love Bludd's moded Delorian

Sunbow_Joe84
12-04-2010, 02:13 PM
you gotta love Bludd's moded Delorian

yeah I'm curious to see that as a toy. my question is will bludd be released as a vehicle driver or in a single pack? I would like the drivers to once again have figure stands.

Trooper13
12-04-2010, 02:15 PM
character breakdown. are the cobra operatives in the blue business suits equal to crimson guard or cobra officers? I'm hoping they're just officers and we'll get something else for crimson guard. especially since tomax and xamot are confirmed characters.

This is what I'm hoping aswell. I liken them to the Suit-Vipers in RoC that drove the Steel Crusher. Basically officers that are in plain clothes.

I really hope we see the CG's as deep cover agents in influential positions. I hope their uniforms are like the original with a perfect balance of style and substance. They really looked elite back in ARAH. Every other version has sucked.

MFJayman
12-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Sorry if I've already posted this in the Premiere thread, but:

Would’ve been cool if the blast took out Bludd’s eye AND his hair.

For the most part, I like Bludd’s look. Someone mentioned before that he looks kind of Dreadnoky, and I can see that. Oh, and apparently the Dreaknoks are gonna appear in what, ep. 9 or so? YAY!

Love how Bludd mixed it up with SE, funky-machete-Aussie-sword to katana. He obviously didn’t know who he was messing with. But hell, he held his own, though if the fights weren’t suddenly interrupted I assume he would have…well, lost.

Bludd’s car was cool.
Not thrilled about his backup in that warehouse fight. I assumed he’d have a couple blueshirts with him. I guess these Bios are new and improved?

Loved the chase sequence, loved Flint’s face-plant into the airbag when his jeep fell into the crater. Damn!

A couple overly convenient coincidences perhaps: The Joes just happened to be in the truck that received the Package at the loading bay; Bludd’s thrown blade destroyed the scanner. But hey, maybe I’m nitpicking. Question is, would a kid give a damn about such coincidences. I’d think no, or very little.

Nice to see them actually beginning to run out of ammo during a gun fight and have to improvise.

MFJayman
12-04-2010, 02:21 PM
I was excited when Kibbey got stabbed in the back and seemed to be dead. I was like, "Man, they are KILLING people!" But then, no...and whadayaknow, the scanner was destroyed. Of course!

Like it was mentioned before, I hope every episode doesn't end with critical evidence being destroyed.

Still, liked the episode. All three episodes. :)

Super Beast
12-04-2010, 02:30 PM
"SSS" Mart! HA!!!

"SSS" is the sound a snake makes! Lmao

MFJayman
12-04-2010, 02:32 PM
This is what I'm hoping aswell. I liken them to the Suit-Vipers in RoC that drove the Steel Crusher. Basically officers that are in plain clothes.

I really hope we see the CG's as deep cover agents in influential positions. I hope their uniforms are like the original with a perfect balance of style and substance. They really looked elite back in ARAH. Every other version has sucked.

I thought it'd be kind cool if CGs had some kind of Cobra enforcer type roll, both in Cobra itself and in Cobra-linked companies and organizations. You know, keeping everyone in line, breaking knees and busting heads when people fail to tow the line. More of an internal regulatory function than necessarily front-line troopers. But still being plenty elite, and able to battle it out when needed.

Sunbow_Joe84
12-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Cobra Troopers = Floor associates
Cobra Officers = Store Managers
Crimson Guard = District Managers
Bosses = Regional Managers
Dreadnoks = Outside Consultants
Cobra Commander = CEO

Shogi
12-04-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm warming up to the show with each episode. This one was better than the previous two (even if the ending was cliche)

Bludd seems cool, I want his car in toy form but since they blew it up, I don't see that happening....but really, REALLY want it to happen

Breaker, for the most part is spot on....except for the voice. Back story, character reactions, sure fine, this could very well be the start of the Breaker I grew up with, but I really don't like the voice.

JR0d28
12-04-2010, 02:37 PM
They made bludd too much of a ninja crossed w/ a refugee of a mad max movie. If it was me would have made a better assassin either storm shadow or firefly.

Trooper13
12-04-2010, 02:38 PM
I thought it'd be kind cool if CGs had some kind of Cobra enforcer type roll, both in Cobra itself and in Cobra-linked companies and organizations. You know, keeping everyone in line, breaking knees and busting heads when people fail to tow the line. More of an internal regulatory function than necessarily front-line troopers. But still being plenty elite, and able to battle it out when needed.

That could be cool. However, I was thinking more along the lines of say Duke asking his congressman for help. Turns out that congressman is actual a Cobra agent. Either way would be cool. Back in the day they were kind of both. They were almost like Cobra's version of the SS, and CIA rolled into one.

JR0d28
12-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Also breaker went from a guy from Tennessee, to a Morrocan, now a bill gates clone with an English accent? Anyone else notice SSS Market kinda resembles Wal-Mart same look to it as Resolute..,,

Trooper13
12-04-2010, 02:40 PM
They made bludd too much of a ninja crossed w/ a refugee of a mad max movie. If it was me would have made a better assassin either storm shadow or firefly.

While I liked this version of Bludd I would have preferred him be a little more conventional military since he's "Major Bludd". I'm willing to give him room to grow on me, though. Other then all the bladework I thought he was alright.

Sunbow_Joe84
12-04-2010, 02:43 PM
I think Flint needs to form a joe team as a response to duke and his renegades. Flint taking the lead with Lady Jaye as his second in command. Rock n' Roll as his heavy gunner. Mainframe to combat against Breaker. Kamakura as their ninja, and finally Tripwire vs. Tunnel Rat.

Trooper13
12-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Also breaker went from a guy from Tennessee, to a Morrocan, now a bill gates clone with an English accent? Anyone else notice SSS Market kinda resembles Wal-Mart same look to it as Resolute..,,

I mentioned in another thread that I thought the SSS Mart was brilliant. It's completely relevant to kids these days. Imagine all the talk people do about calling Wal-Mart "Evil". Even if it's just a joke. Then a kid sees this series, and then next week he gets dragged along shopping to Wally-world. He'll feel like he's "in" the show. A great piece of writing to make this series very artistically relevant to the times we live in. Stuff like this is what sparks the imagination of children.

Trooper13
12-04-2010, 02:46 PM
I think Flint needs to form a joe team as a response to duke and his renegades. Flint taking the lead with Lady Jaye as his second in command. Rock n' Roll as his heavy gunner. Mainframe to combat against Breaker. Kamakura as their ninja, and finally Tripwire vs. Tunnel Rat.

This type of set up is what I'm really hoping for. As Flint seems to get foiled despite his superior leadership skills (thanks to LJ), he'll use his position to pull specialists from all over the Army and other Services. I'd love to see him bring in Spirit to help track them down should this chase head off road. They are in the southwest right now, it'd be a perfect place to pick him up.

JR0d28
12-04-2010, 02:48 PM
If thats the case I wonder whatll Cobra use next a Toys R Us?

QUOTE=Trooper13;2108334]I mentioned in another thread that I thought the SSS Mart was brilliant. It's completely relevant to kids these days. Imagine all the talk people do about calling Wal-Mart "Evil". Even if it's just a joke. Then a kid sees this series, and then next week he gets dragged along shopping to Wally-world. He'll feel like he's "in" the show. A great piece of writing to make this series very artistically relevant to the times we live in. Stuff like this is what sparks the imagination of children.[/QUOTE]

Sunbow_Joe84
I can see Spirit on Team Duke and Recondo on Team Flint.

ero
I thought it was pretty entertaining. Like the notion of Breaker, though why he's got the accent ... whatever. I can deal.

Really glad they're starting to work some better humor into it (Duke's delivery on the invisibility is great). I am growing tired of Tunnel Rat's comedic echo chamber though ("We've got a pulse cannon?" "We've got a scanner?" "We've got a gyroscope?").

Also really digging Lady Jaye's role. I think they're handling her conflict pretty well. And the voice is sexy, no doubt.

Black Swan
12-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Just saw Episode 3, And it was a lot interesting than the previous two.
Likes: Major Bludd. I 'm glad he was shown first of Cobra freelancers although he loked weird minus the eyepatch. He's supped up Delorean looks sweet. Make this vehicle Hasbro.
Snake Eyes being taken out commission even for a little while. I like ninjas but to often the he is the deus ex machina that saves the Joes bacon all to often. Even ninjas can bleed.
Baroness is spot on as always. I can't wait to see her out of the coat into the field. It will probably in the season finale before we see her get her hands dirty hunting the Joes herself.Oh the anticipation!
Things that I will accept because I know they won't change whether I like it or not.
Breaker- I guess it is too soon,what I think of him just yet sorry he's not a Southerner. But what are you gonna do? . I can deal with change in accent but the dudes gonna have to toughen up a bit and needs to chew the gum.
Bio Viper 2.0. Really ???I guess these are not going away. Huh ??? Show more Cobra troopers. I am getting tired the Joes fighting Blobs.
Overall it was great episode as this show develops. I can't wait for the new one next week.

MFJayman
12-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Really glad they're starting to work some better humor into it (Duke's delivery on the invisibility is great). I am growing tired of Tunnel Rat's comedic echo chamber though ("We've got a pulse cannon?" "We've got a scanner?" "We've got a gyroscope?").

Felt same way about TR. I've generally liked his humor and personality, but yeah...just a bit redundant this time.

MFJayman
12-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Also really digging Lady Jaye's role. I think they're handling her conflict pretty well. And the voice is sexy, no doubt.

I'm still curious how they explain Alison HART-BURNETT being latina—if she is actually meant to be latina at all. I still say she was adopted.

manicmotive
12-04-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm liking this show a lot so far. I think it's a great update to Joe. The fact that's it's not simply Joe vs. Cobra is refreshing. Having Lady Jaye on the inside is a nice touch as well. And everyone knocks the biovipers, but they don't bother me too much, as I'm sure we'll be introduced to Cobra soldiers just as soon as their cover is fully blown. Maybe Season 2?

Foolproof
12-04-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm pretty sure this is my new favorite show.

manicmotive
12-04-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm pretty sure this is my new favorite show.

That's a bold statement. But, I feel it's correctly made. Glad to see this show getting some respect. Hopefully it continues to evolve the brand into something that can make another 25 years.

MFJayman
12-04-2010, 03:36 PM
I can say this about Lady Jaye—at least they didn't put her in a baggy jersey with some gold bling that says "L-Jaye" on it and a backwards cap, saying, "Yo Duke, wazzup!? on the phone.

azoric
12-04-2010, 03:37 PM
I definitely don't hate Renegades. of the cartoons I'm currently watching I think I order them this way:

1. Avengers: Earth's mightiest heroes
2. GI Joe Renegades (it's a close second, and possibly gaining ground)
3. Transformers Prime (though I have some DVR Catch-up to play. ) THe first 2 episodes were too arcee centric the most boring autobot. While I love the animation quality over most other CG what made G1 so much better than any other subsequent Transformers series was that there was limited human character involvement.

Shin Densetsu
12-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Not a bad episode. The way the code names are introduced is predictable at this point though. It's like "wait for a quirky pun", BAM code name before the episode ends. Something tells me if Heavy Duty shows up, dude will get his code name by lifting some "Heavy Duty" equipment. Maybe Storm Shadow will disappear in the rain. Like "Snake Eyes, your brother has become a Shadow in the Storm", then Scarlett goes "HEY LET'S CALL HIM STORM SHADOW".

I thought it was pretty funny how PWND Major Bludd was. How is this dude even alive? Cool to see that Snake Eyes isn't invisible.

The vehicles...eh..yeah fitting for the episode, don't know if I'd buy them as toys. Thought what happened to Flint was pretty funny and random too.

Shin Densetsu
12-04-2010, 03:40 PM

That would be cool to see how it would play out. Reminds me of NWO Wolfpack.

MFJayman
12-04-2010, 03:47 PM
When do we get to see FLint begin making suave passes at LJ, and being just as suavely rebuffed? I'm being serious here...I wanna see some sparks beginning between these two. Always my favorite Joe couple.

Zefram
12-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Is my memory intact, or did Bludd actually pull his iconic missile gun out of a random box?

Shin Densetsu
12-04-2010, 03:49 PM
When do we get to see FLint begin making suave passes at LJ, and being just as suavely rebuffed? I'm being serious here...I wanna see some sparks beginning between these two. Always my favorite Joe couple.

I think she'll start to be won over by Flint, have to choose between helping Duke and Flint, OR Flint will somehow overcome his rivalry with Duke, and help him, therefore impressing Lady Jaye and indirectly winning her over, having her come to him, like Han did to Leia a la ROTJ.

Sunbow_Joe84
12-04-2010, 03:53 PM
I think she'll start to be won over by Flint, have to choose between helping Duke and Flint, OR Flint will somehow overcome his rivalry with Duke, and help him, therefore impressing Lady Jaye and indirectly winning her over, having her come to him, like Han did to Leia a la ROTJ.

I can see that. I would like to see the "renegade" angle end at season 1. have season 2 be straight up G.I. Joe. Hawk's been given full command. have both team Fint and team Duke declared deceased at the site of a major battle with Cobra. however cobra should maintain their public image at least through the end of season 2. season 3 should be good old fashion Joe vs. Cobra.

MFJayman
12-04-2010, 04:03 PM

I think you've pretty much nail it. A lot of possibility for some great clashes and dynamics within both Joe teams individually, between the teams, and so forth.

Well, I suppose Jaye and Flint wouldn't constitute a full team, but I'm hoping, as has been said before, that they recruit some other Joes to help 'em out. That would be, you know...AWESOME.

MFJayman
12-04-2010, 04:11 PM
I can see that. I would like to see the "renegade" angle end at season 1. have season 2 be straight up G.I. Joe. Hawk's been given full command. have both team Fint and team Duke declared deceased at the site of a major battle with Cobra. however cobra should maintain their public image at least through the end of season 2. season 3 should be good old fashion Joe vs. Cobra.

I agree that the Joes shouldn't remain renegades indefinitely. Would they have to change the show's name then, in later seasons?

I also agree that Cobra needs to maintain their public image, for as long as they can, or at least some semblance of it. I feel that, if they were fully exposed to the world for what they are, they'd be doomed. From a logical real world perspective. I mean, Cobra against the WORLD...I don't want to see Cobra wiped out.

Though such an eventuality could make for some epic battles.

Dust Viper
12-04-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm happy with the toon, overall. Cobra is now Extensive Enterprises.

However, I hated Bludd's look. Reminded me of something out of Devils Due or a bad Spy Troops design. Not digging Hitler-Lite, sorry.

As far as the episode went, they transitioned from being on the run to investigating Cobra fairly quickly. I was hoping for more of the on the run aspect because I find Flint far more interesting than Bludd. But it looks like Flint is going to be stuck as the role of minor obstacle for awhile.

The only way Flint can regain his credibility is to discover Lady Jaye has been helping Duke. You get the confronation, the tension between those two, eventually move onto couple status. I do think Flint and Lady Jaye are the most universal of Joe couples as they span many different universes.

Never was a big fan of Breaker in any incarnation, so I don't have much to say about the changes. Seems like the conspiracy fuel against Cobra would have been better served to attach to Mainframe (as he carries that torch in the new comics).

I did like the idea of Cobra's SSS-Mart being a cover for weapons smuggling.

MFJayman
12-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Wonder what the SSS in SSS-Mart stands for...

Maybe just the sound a snake makes. sssss...

MFJayman
12-04-2010, 04:27 PM
I can't help but wonder what Bludd's chances for survivability through the season are. I mean, he is apparently now after the Joes for reasons of revenge, as well as for CObra, so...hmm. And he's certainly not as important to the overall story and mythos as Destro, CC and Baroness are, right? Not gonna put any bets down yet, but I could easily see him dying.

Shin Densetsu
12-04-2010, 04:31 PM
I think you've pretty much nail it. A lot of possibility for some great clashes and dynamics within both Joe teams individually, between the teams, and so forth.

Well, I suppose Jaye and Flint wouldn't constitute a full team, but I'm hoping, as has been said before, that they recruit some other Joes to help 'em out. That would be, you know...AWESOME.

I'm pretty sure we are going to get a much bigger roster. 5 core Joes can't be the primary element of the GI Joe team.

Haha...Snake Eyes Storm Shadow....

luigi
12-04-2010, 04:32 PM

no it means
super
saver
snake

Gyre-Viper
12-04-2010, 04:33 PM
finally watched episode 3 last night. not a fan of Bio-Vipers with guns.
I love Bio-Vipers... but buffing them up and handing them guns, means we probably won't be getting big droopy, drooling monster-looking figures... probably just get a clear wraith-type figure. which is depressing. I want a BIG GI JOE Bio-Viper figure reminiscent of the original Bio-Viper.

I loved Major Bludd though. Can't wait to see how it translates into figure form.

I think some of the dialogue is supposed to be tongue-and-cheek... maybe even a nod to the adult audience. perhaps even a commentary on
the 'convenient plot devices' used in cartoons. Especially coming from Tunnel Rat. I haven't written it off as 'cheesy' per say just yet. I kind of see Tunnel Rat as a narrator of the show... the one you're supposed to relate to while watching it-type thing. But maybe I'm over-thinking it. My favorite scene was Scarlett reaching into Roadblock's mouth and taking out his gum.

Black Swan
12-04-2010, 04:40 PM
no it means
super
saver
snake

I thought the sign
read Shop Smart and Save.
Anyway it's better than Flint's and sneak is snake spelled sideways. How about Super Serpent Savings for a bank?

Shin Densetsu
12-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Is my memory intact, or did Bludd actually pull his iconic missile gun out of a random box?

Yes but they did say they were in a Cobra weapons smuggling factory or something.

Anyone think Major Bludd's figure will be the "Pre Vizla" of the Renegades line>?

SNAKE EYES
12-04-2010, 04:43 PM

I know it was in the leaked script, but from what I heard it was cutfor whatever reason, and I don't remember any mention of it when I rented it. Maybe you saw a pre-release boot?

You can't always be right Zefram :D

http://dawnelai.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/privacy-shhh.png

Shin Densetsu
12-04-2010, 04:47 PM
*snip*[/img]

Snake Eyes was slated to actually talk in the movie but Hama fought against it and the plan was killed off. The line where Storm Shadow refers to the vow of silence is in the movie.

I have a feeling Snake Eyes may talk a bit in a flashback in episode 4. The way Resolute handled the loss of his voice was beast and unexpected.

Zefram
12-04-2010, 04:55 PM

http://dawnelai.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/privacy-shhh.png

What can I say. Even Batman can't win every time. :)

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Motivators/batman-pwned.jpg

SNAKE EYES
12-04-2010, 04:57 PM
Snake Eyes was slated to actually talk in the movie but Hama fought against it and the plan was killed off. The line where Storm Shadow refers to the vow of silence is in the movie.

I have a feeling Snake Eyes may talk a bit in a flashback in episode 4. The way Resolute handled the loss of his voice was beast and unexpected.

They fought for a lot of stuff for Snake Eyes in RoC :)

Yeah that's actually a cool scene in the movie when SS brings up their past and SE's silence... during their battle.

Yeah I hope he does have some dialogue in the flashback scenes in the upcoming Renegades episodes, can't wait to see how they handle the origin.

MFJayman
12-04-2010, 05:05 PM
I was kinda hoping to see Bludd’s backup being his own little team of grizzled mercenary types, with their own individualized identities and personalities. Being that Bludd is a merc leader and all. Could have been similar to the Dreadnoks, in so far as it would be a group that works with Cobra, but is still its own separate entity.

Shin Densetsu
12-04-2010, 05:11 PM
They fought for a lot of stuff for Snake Eyes in RoC :)

Yeah that's actually a cool scene in the movie when SS brings up their past and SE's silence... during their battle.

Yeah I hope he does have some dialogue in the flashback scenes in the upcoming Renegades episodes, can't wait to see how they handle the origin.

No honestly I didn't think that was cool LOL, it would mean more if the dude just couldn't talk because of some tragic injury. In Resolute it's because he is trying to warn/save Hard Master, in the comics, it's because he saved Scarlett, in TF VS GI Joe vol 1 it's because Storm Shadow and him had a flame way and he pulled out a sword. Him just not talking because he didn't want to in ROC....it's not as cool IMHO. It's like he turned snob because he was emo. I did like the whole "now you will die without a word", but didn't like how Storm Shadow was bad.

Bad Storm Shadow= evil generic ninja in white because Snake Eyes is in black

Good Storm Shadow= More depth because he must live a lie to find the truth. Leave the generic ninjas for those crappy ninja movies like Ninja Assassin, American Ninja, et al.

Makes me wonder though...how is the rivalry between the 2 going to play out? I'm thinking there is a tragic misunderstanding that lead both of them down a downward path of blind fury with bad consequences.

Zefram
12-04-2010, 05:19 PM
...but didn't like how Storm Shadow was bad.

Bad Storm Shadow= evil generic ninja in white because Snake Eyes is in black

Good Storm Shadow= More depth because he must live a lie to find the truth. Leave the generic ninjas for those crappy ninja movies like Ninja Assassin, American Ninja, et al.

If it makes you feel better, on the commentary track Sommers reveals he actually did film the scene where SS says, "I wasn't the one who killed our master" before he fell (and SE's reaction when SS falls suddenly makes a lot more sense). He reluctantly cut it because audience-members not familiar with the mythology suddenly got mood-whiplash seeing Awesome McCool "kill" a possibly "innocent" man.

He promises that in the sequel he'll put it back in a flashback, so there's that. He also didn't even try to hide the fact SS would return as well.

Shin Densetsu
12-04-2010, 05:26 PM
If it makes you feel better, on the commentary track Sommers reveals he actually did film the scene where SS says, "I wasn't the one who killed our master" before he fell (and SE's reaction when SS falls suddenly makes a lot more sense). He reluctantly cut it because audience-members not familiar with the mythology suddenly got mood-whiplash seeing Awesome McCool "kill" a possibly "innocent" man.

He promises that in the sequel he'll put it back in a flashback, so there's that. He also didn't even try to hide the fact SS would return as well.

True, I did remember that...LOL if that scene was kept, fans would have had the same reaction Batman did in that motivational-fail poster you poster earlier with the Supes signal. I think he should have kept it in, the movie was already so distanced from the brand; one key easter egg homage like that would have been cool to retain.

Luckily, Renegades has potential to provide a better dynamic/back story between the 2 sword brothers.

Mazinger
12-04-2010, 05:28 PM
I like the Coyote. Reminds me of the MRAPs.

SNAKE EYES
12-04-2010, 05:30 PM
No honestly I didn't think that was cool LOL, it would mean more if the dude just couldn't talk because of some tragic injury. In Resolute it's because he is trying to warn/save Hard Master, in the comics, it's because he saved Scarlett, in TF VS GI Joe vol 1 it's because Storm Shadow and him had a flame way and he pulled out a sword. Him just not talking because he didn't want to in ROC....it's not as cool IMHO. It's like he turned snob because he was emo. I did like the whole "now you will die without a word", but didn't like how Storm Shadow was bad.

For me it was cool... because the alternative was a talking Snake Eyes.

So as far as I'm concerned it's fine. Could it have been better... of course, but considering what we got... I'll take a vow of silence over a tragic injury. It's better than him talking :)

MFJayman
12-04-2010, 05:37 PM
I still wanna see SE shoot a gun. Or has he? Maybe I'm missing something.

Jmacq1
12-04-2010, 05:43 PM

He did so in the second episode.

Anyway, for those lamenting the inclusion of the Bio-Vipers, would you rather go back to the days of hails of gunfire that never hit anyone and bad guys parachuting out of every vehicle before it blows up (I'm suspecting many Cobra vehicles will be "drones" this go round)? Surely you all don't think a children's show is going to show the Joes continuously gunning down "real people" episode after episode.

I can see the argument that "It should be BATs!" But we already had that...it was called Sigma 6 and it ended up not working, so I can see why they're trying something else this go-round, to distance it from a previous failed effort.

Relax though...no doubt we will eventually start to see more varied Cobra troops...recall at this point they're not an "open" army. Still, Hasbro isn't going to pass up the opportunity to create more troop builders to sell to folks. By season 2 or 3 Cobra will probably be "exposed" and segue into being more like the wacky super-terrorist army we remember from our youth.

Headman
12-04-2010, 05:44 PM

Anyway, for those lamenting the inclusion of the Bio-Vipers, would you rather go back to the days of hails of gunfire that never hits anyone and bad guys parachuting out of every vehicle before it blows up?

Uh... Yes.

Zefram
12-04-2010, 05:48 PM

He did in episode 2. On the plus side, it looked a bit like a futuristic uzi.

On the down side, he fired it like a ponce.

Shin Densetsu
12-04-2010, 05:58 PM

I'm pretty sure he did. The way he is portrayed, he just seems willing to use any weapon he can find.

Anyway, for those lamenting the inclusion of the Bio-Vipers, would you rather go back to th--*snip*

No I just want something better. You can say BATS didn't work in Sigma 6, but IMHO, NOTHING in the Sigma 6 cartoon worked well except for the character designs. Sigma 6 will be remembered more for being a damn great toyline on its own merits, its media tie-in didn't do much for it.

Does lessen his typical demi-god ways though.

Unclassified
12-04-2010, 05:59 PM
I guess that's a compliment unclassified? ? Lol. Told you it was gonna be good.

yes it was.. lol.. i dig it man..

MFJayman
12-04-2010, 06:01 PM

Okay, I do think I actually recall where he did that, now.

Maybe SE can teach the others some martial arts, and they can teach him how to use a gun (or use it better).

MFJayman
12-04-2010, 06:08 PM
like the whole Bio-engineering aspect of CObra, but I wish the Bio-Viper was something a little more solid, maybe a little Zerg-ish. However, I don't mind Bio-Vipers TOO much.

Or maybe something robotic, but not necessarily in human form (like the classic BATs) would be good.

Echo7Solo
12-04-2010, 06:11 PM
ok so here is my question, did the animation get better in ep 3 or is it just starting to grow on us?

Troynos
12-04-2010, 06:25 PM
ok so here is my question, did the animation get better in ep 3 or is it just starting to grow on us?

See I thought it wasn't as good. It looked choppier in a couple of parts and I thought the scene at the beginning with Flint and LJ didn't look good with them driving.

I didn't like this episode as much as I did the first two. Scarlett seemed to be pretty corny with the cliches when she was talking to Breaker. I didn't like the Breaker character.

I did like that they are throwing us older fans some easter eggs but giving us something completely new at the same time (the Breaker character for example).

Didn't like the use of Flint. I hope it doesn't become a recurring joke where his pursuit gets stopped like that all the time.

Bludd did hold his own against Snake-Eyes, somewhat. SE definately had the upper hand on him and it was only Duke's bad driving that caused SE to slip and fall, otherwise he would have defeated Major Bludd eventually.

SE looked too super in this episode as well. Running through the laser fire and leaping over the Bio-Vipers.

Didn't like that they just called Kibbey dead. How? Bludd didn't see his vehicle blow up, he was knocked down by the blast. Did they assume it blew up?

Unless Bludd lied for some reason to be explored later.

I like the new humanoid Bio-Vipers. Makes sense for an operation like Cobra is set up to have disposible soldiers. It would be hard for them to have a large army and maintain the illusion of being a good company.

I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5.

CVdelgado
12-04-2010, 06:35 PM

yeah? i mean now breaker is not even military.

Immortal_Joker
12-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Didn't like that they just called Kibbey dead. How? Bludd didn't see his vehicle blow up, he was knocked down by the blast. Did they assume it blew up?

Unless Bludd lied for some reason to be explored later.

I think Bludd was referring to the Scanner not Kibbey himself, because the mission was to destroy the scanner with the evidence that proves Cobra is not what the seem to the General Population.

SNAKE EYES
12-04-2010, 06:41 PM
I think Bludd was referring to the Scanner not Kibbey himself, because the mission was to destroy the scanner with the evidence that proves Cobra is not what the seem to the General Population.

Yeah your right Baroness wanted the scanner destroyed and I believe she confirmed that after Bludd told her the job was done.

CVdelgado
12-04-2010, 06:41 PM
I can see the argument that "It should be BATs!" But we already had that...it was called Sigma 6 and it ended up not working, so I can see why they're trying something else this go-round, to distance it from a previous failed effort.

i wasnt around to watch sigma 6 much, i think i checked one episode on you tube recently, but man, i say those bats look sweet.

i kinda wish theyd done that again, but once you have bio-vipers i dont know if theyd go back to robots.

i dont think the bats were the problem of sigma 6.

carion
12-04-2010, 06:45 PM

Bludd thaought he killed Kibby when he threw the knife in his back and Kibby collapsed.

Bludd has no way of knowing that he hit the scanner.

Gatchaman
12-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I'd actually prefer just a plain general purpose truck that you can use as a transport, to carry cargo, ect. However I don't think Hasbro will feel that a vehicle that doesn't "do" anything will sell.

I'd love to see the door from the box to the cab, and the thing be a four seater. However it'd have to be HUGE for that and I don't think we're gonna get one that's true to scale. The truck in the show is about the size of a military 5 ton or wrecker. I think we'll likely see something about 2.5 ton size.

While I think it's great that the vehicles are so cool in this series, I'm worried I'll only be that much more disappointed when they ruin them with the gimmicks.

Why does Hasbro now think everything has to have a "gimmick" to sell? Look at the APC, that was a huge seller back in the day and it had no gimmicks at all. None of the vehicles in the 80's did and they all sold like wildfire.

Troynos
12-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Bludd thaought he killed Kibby when he threw the knife in his back and Kibby collapsed.

Bludd has no way of knowing that he hit the scanner.

Good point.

Watching it, I just didn't see the knife in the back as a kill shot from Bludd. I knew it hit the scanner and had the backpack to go through. So I just figured that Bludd wouldn't have assumed it was a kill without confirmation.

MFJayman
12-04-2010, 06:59 PM
So no hints yet as to when Destro will appear? Oh man...wonder if he'll have a Scottish accent...

Troynos
12-04-2010, 07:01 PM
So no hints yet as to when Destro will appear? Oh man...wonder if he'll have a Scottish accent...

Clancy Brown is doing his voice. I'd say it's almost certain he will.

firefly069
12-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Great Series! This blows away ARAH already! They did a good job with Bludd. I also don't mind breaker either. A bit A-team meets macqyver in this episode but overall very solid beginning.

Zablorg
12-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Does anyone else think the mere existence of the Cobra weapons depot would have made pretty weighty evidence on its own?

I'd be interested to see if the Bio-Vipers' appearance changes further throughout the series, and if so, how?

MFJayman
12-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Does anyone else think the mere existence of the Cobra weapons depot would have made pretty weighty evidence on its own?

I'd be interested to see if the Bio-Vipers' appearance changes further throughout the series, and if so, how?

The Bios seem to be getting more humanoid in appearance. Could it get to the point where they are actually able to don clothing and masks or helmets? Are they to somehow become the material for the more familiar sort of Vipers we know?

Personally, I'd like to see truly human Vipers down the line. But then again, I suppose the "blueshirts" and other troopers could end up fulfilling that role.

Troynos
12-04-2010, 07:21 PM

Yeah. Should have been a bit more dealt with on that. Wouldn't Flint be investigating the explosion?

I do like the idea of them using large chain stores to ship their weapons around. Great idea.

WeaponXCustoms
12-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Can we not get a separate thread just for the video files/links to be posted too/??????? Tfw has a separate thread just for this on the Prime Forum. makes it easier so you dont have the discussion to wade through just to find the link, which I still havent!

Trooper13
12-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Why does Hasbro now think everything has to have a "gimmick" to sell? Look at the APC, that was a huge seller back in the day and it had no gimmicks at all. None of the vehicles in the 80's did and they all sold like wildfire.

Because we had imagination...

http://www.ideachampions.com/weblogs/Spongebob__Imagination_by_kssael.png

Gatchaman
12-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Because we had imagination...

http://www.ideachampions.com/weblogs/Spongebob__Imagination_by_kssael.png

Oh, right.

;)

Trooper13
12-04-2010, 07:33 PM
I was kinda hoping to see Bludd’s backup being his own little team of grizzled mercenary types, with their own individualized identities and personalities. Being that Bludd is a merc leader and all. Could have been similar to the Dreadnoks, in so far as it would be a group that works with Cobra, but is still its own separate entity.

I wanna see Bludd incharge of Blueshirts, not Bio-Vipers. Save the Bio-Vipers for Mindbender. Can't wait for Destro.

Super Beast
12-04-2010, 07:41 PM

Enemy of my enemy.

He hates Cobra commander, and is not hostile towards the US..there you go.

Crimson Rage
12-04-2010, 07:53 PM
I HATE watching stuff online, especially new material I really want to see in HD sharpness.
I'm avoiding any such viewing in the hopes of a RENEGADES DVD at some point soon (preferably with episodes in order, uncut and not edited into a crappy 'movie' format).

Very frustrating doing so of course, as the show sounds really interesting!

firefly069
12-04-2010, 08:04 PM
I HATE watching stuff online, especially new material I really want to see in HD sharpness.
I'm avoiding any such viewing in the hopes of a RENEGADES DVD at some point soon (preferably with episodes in order, uncut and not edited into a crappy 'movie' format).

Very frustrating doing so of course, as the show sounds really interesting!

why not watch it? The DVD will probably come out next summer and by then you will want to watch it again. I do agree though, watching on my 52 tv in HD is still better than the computer.

MFJayman
12-04-2010, 08:17 PM
I wanna see Bludd incharge of Blueshirts, not Bio-Vipers. Save the Bio-Vipers for Mindbender. Can't wait for Destro.

Yeah, I at least expect Bludd to have Blueshirts in toe. The Bio-Vipers rather shocked me, quite frankly. I was like, "Aaah! Ohh...ugggh." But then I thought, "yeah, should have seen it coming". No huge negative for me, just...wanted something else.

Still, I thought if Bludd had his own gang, we could get some brand new cool looking toughs--not just troopers, but actual characters. Perhaps that would have taken the focus off Bludd himself, though.

Crimson Rage
12-04-2010, 08:21 PM
why not watch it? The DVD will probably come out next summer and by then you will want to watch it again. I do agree though, watching on my 52 tv in HD is still better than the computer.

I may well weaken - I'm also holding out some hope that the show gets picked up by a UK cartoon channel.

Night Viper 143
12-04-2010, 08:22 PM
It looks like the A-team got there van.

How many people bought an A-Team van for their collection?

Everybody has some kind of war-wagon when they take their show on the road. Don Pendleton's The Executioner, The Punisher, Overkill in the Tick, and lets not forget the ultimate party war wagon from TMNT!!

I understand that you have to suspend your disbelief at that door when watching cartoons. But I'm glad these guys are trying to play it somewhat straight.

I told you last thread. Do it, Do it now... don't look back. It's worth every penny. After reading about 3k of your 25k posts, I feel I know you well enough to tell you that. :)

I wonder if he'll look like Deadpool underneath?

Honestly, RoC Breaker was the best rendition of a signal soldier we've gotten. However, this guy isn't a soldier at all. Not sure how I feel about that, but I'm willing to let it play out.

Being a vet of the Signal Corps, that would make this guy our resident expert. Therefore if Kibbey is okay with this guy, he's okay with me.

Maybe, since the guy was such a phony in the beginning, we'll find out later that he fakes the accent, so that people will take him more seriously later in the show!

You guys pretty much explored this to death... The Bio-Vipers are here to stay. I kind of like them, I kind of hate them. They look like they can grow on you like fungus... so who knows. I don't think any of them die permanently. I think the episode 2 Bio-Viper was much fiercer because it was being fought in a corn field, therefore it was able to regen faster than the others do from massive attacks.

I see a "be green" tie in there... use ethanol from corn to power your evil minions today!!!

They want to get five seasons out of this show, if Flint catches them right away... that can't happen. Think of Flint as Wild E. Coyote!

A retooled ROCC will probably do nicely.

I was excited when Kibbey got stabbed in the back and seemed to be dead. I was like, "Man, they are KILLING people!" But then, no...and whadayaknow, the scanner was destroyed. Of course!

Like it was mentioned before, I hope every episode doesn't end with critical evidence being destroyed.

Still, liked the episode. All three episodes. :)

Has too, if they can prove their innocence than they have to come in. Once they come in, they are no longer Renegades. Then they would have to change the name of the show... And that would be a tragedy!

I second this idea completely!

I can see Spirit on Team Duke and Recondo on Team Flint.

Anyone else see Marvel Civil Wars written on the Walls besides me?

I agree totally

Trooper13
12-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Still, I thought if Bludd had his own gang, we could get some brand new cool looking toughs--not just troopers, but actual characters. Perhaps that would have taken the focus off Bludd himself, though.

Actually, I'd like to see a bit of both. Kind of like Clone Wars does with the different squads of Clone Troops. I'd like to see Bludd fronting a squad of handpicked Troopers and the creators giving them personalities. Just like we've got with the Joes, like we'll get with the Dreadnoks, and hopefully we'll get with Flint's team. It's not like with the Bio-Vipers around they need to worry about too much death. Not going to happen, but it'd be cool.

MFJayman
12-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Wow NIGHT VIPER, now that is what I call a RESPONSE!

MFJayman
12-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Actually, I'd like to see a bit of both. Kind of like Clone Wars does with the different squads of Clone Troops. I'd like to see Bludd fronting a squad of handpicked Troopers and the creators giving them personalities. Just like we've got with the Joes, like we'll get with the Dreadnoks, and hopefully we'll get with Flint's team. It's not like with the Bio-Vipers around they need to worry about too much death. Not going to happen, but it'd be cool.

That sounds pretty cool too. Then maybe those individualized Troopers could continue appearing throughout the series, either with Bludd or perhaps going on to lead their own units as Cobra officers and what not.

Night Viper 143
12-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Either way, this show has tons of possibilities and that's just how I like it!

CobraAce007
12-04-2010, 08:42 PM
The Major Bludd Action figure is going to be pretty neat. He was portary well. I prefer this version of him rather than the old versions of him. It made him a more formidabale foe.

Yeah, the Bio-vipers are going to be part of the first wave of figures. It will be interesting to see how they are. There will probably be one of the big one and then the will be soldier ones.

I have to admit for the series, I was nervous that it would not turn how that good, but I enjoy it and thein it is good. They do not have the silly funny stuff. that meaning the humor that kids enjoy and do not add to the story line.

I still get a feeling that Cobra is modeled somewhat off of Umbrella from the Resident Evil Series

Trooper13
12-04-2010, 08:45 PM
How many people bought an A-Team van for their collection?

Everybody has some kind of war-wagon when they take their show on the road. Don Pendleton's The Executioner, The Punisher, Overkill in the Tick, and lets not forget the ultimate party war wagon from TMNT!!

I bought one. I think this Cobra truck is the coolest thing ever, though. I loved the Chameleon mode. Too slick.

Being a vet of the Signal Corps, that would make this guy our resident expert. Therefore if Kibbey is okay with this guy, he's okay with me.

Maybe, since the guy was such a phony in the beginning, we'll find out later that he fakes the accent, so that people will take him more seriously later in the show!

I'm okay with him as is, I think. Since this version of Joe isn't as straight laced military as ARAH, it leaves the room open in my mind for some civilian personel to get in on the espionage and intrigue. While Joe is still grounded in the military, this entire fiasco started out as a black op that SOMEONE (Hawk most likely) had to be behind, but no one in the chain of command has fessed up to it. (no surprise) I see these Joes as a much more literal mix of Soldiers and Spies then ARAH was.

Honestly, A hacker, and net conspiracy whacko in this day in age could easily find himself mixed up in some pretty dangerous stuff if they stumbled across the wrong piece of intel, or equipment. To me, Breaker is the easiest to work into the Joes unit as a civilian. The military struggles to stay ahead of the curve in the technical intelligence field, so it's a role that a "supernerd" could easily fill.

Plus, an Army Communications Specialist would have extremely high clearance and could make life a little "too easy" on the Joes. I'm sure with the equipment in that van he could access DoD servers and transmissions. All he would need to do is get a copy of the current cryptography which they could get at any post. Then he'd know Flint's moves before he made them.

This way Breaker is still smart and a communications whiz, but he's on the outside looking in. With no combat training or access he's going to be playing catch up for awhile.

They want to get five seasons out of this show, if Flint catches them right away... that can't happen. Think of Flint as Wild E. Coyote!

I think this is going to be a tough balancing act. Keeping him in chase, without becoming a joke. Perhaps they'll need to keep him out for awhile later on. Like he gets reassigned, and then they bring him back later on when his replacement fails.

Anyone else see Marvel Civil Wars written on the Walls besides me?

I do, though I'd like to see Spirit on Flint's team.

bluebikerboy1
12-04-2010, 08:46 PM
i am really digging this series. I think it can really work. looking forward to next week

skrapps
12-04-2010, 08:52 PM
man the bio vipers are crap.. its just the animation studios easy way of making a bunch of troopers without drawing/animating all the detail.. so instead its all one solid color with lines in the face. because making a bunch of regular vipers would take too long..

Derek
12-04-2010, 08:54 PM
I just saw this on youtube and can't believe how fracked up this was. I can't get over the fact that breaker is not in the military which makes me think snake eyes isn't either. That distracting tune that comes out every time snake eyes shows his mask.
I hope none of the few Marines there are don't ever show up in this piece so they don't get screwed over.

MFJayman
12-04-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm wondering if perhaps the first really big battle in Renegades might be between the two Joe teams, assuming both Duke's and Flint's teams get beefed up and have relatively equal numbers when such an encounter might occur. Maybe it'll be a case of, "Ok, who will it be first, Joes vs Cobra or Joe vs Joe?". Imagine if members actual die in a Joe vs Joe face-off—that would be some heavy s@#t, right?

Trooper13
12-04-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm wondering if perhaps the first really big battle in Renegades might be between the two Joe teams, assuming both Duke's and Flint's teams get beefed up and have relatively equal numbers when such an encounter might occur. Maybe it'll be a case of, "Ok, who will it be first, Joes vs Cobra or Joe vs Joe?". Imagine if members actual die in a Joe vs Joe face-off—that would be some heavy s@#t, right?

That would be some seriously heavy sh*t. Maybe too heavy. I'd love it though. lol

Zablorg
12-04-2010, 09:03 PM
From the recent episode listing, we know that Flint catches the Joes at least once, which shows at least some competence. If there are also episodes here and there where the plot is mostly about evading Flint, we'd expect him to gain some dangerous amounts of ground before the Joe's manage to throw him off their trail.

The way I'd play him would be through small, successive victories which would eventually allow him to make a major strike against the Joes. This would mean he's not a complete failure all the time, but you'd still be able to drag his pursuit out through the season.

Night Viper 143
12-04-2010, 09:13 PM
I think this is going to be a tough balancing act. Keeping him in chase, without becoming a joke. Perhaps they'll need to keep him out for awhile later on. Like he gets reassigned, and then they bring him back later on when his replacement fails.

I do, though I'd like to see Spirit on Flint's team.

I think its going to be impossible for Flint to do anything more than play the 'role' he's given until Hawk comes clean and Flint and LJ become Duke and Scarlett's handlers vice pursuers.

Spirit would definitely change the balance in tracking those guys down. I'd like to see him do more than just stereo-typical native American tracking too. But some serious informtation gathering... almost sixth sense in predicting where the Renegades will go next. I was really enjoying his character while Image with Covergirl when they introduced Hannibal.

I just saw this on youtube and can't believe how fracked up this was. I can't get over the fact that breaker is not in the military which makes me think snake eyes isn't either. That distracting tune that comes out every time snake eyes shows his mask.
I hope none of the few Marines there are don't ever show up in this piece so they don't get screwed over.

Can you imagine them playing the Halls of Montezuma in the background everytime Gung-ho makes an appearance? *shudders

That would be some seriously heavy sh*t. Maybe too heavy. I'd love it though. lol

Too heavy for a kids cartoon. But I can see them seriously laying each other up for awhile with injuries.

ekko
12-04-2010, 09:21 PM
man the bio vipers are crap.. its just the animation studios easy way of making a bunch of troopers without drawing/animating all the detail.. so instead its all one solid color with lines in the face. because making a bunch of regular vipers would take too long..

Love or hate the new bio vipers, the reason they are not uber-detailed is certainly NOT because the animators are lazy, they are designed that way so that the Joes can slice, hack, shoot, and basically kick their butts in a more gruesome and realistic way, which they could not get away with if the biovipers were more human-ish as the censors would make them go back to parachuting out of burning aircraft before they hit the ground ala ARAH.

I will easily accept an amorphous, near-human blob that the joes can go buck wild on rather than blueshirts that somehow survive every single envounter.