12-03-2010, 06:36 PM
No Ripcord in the intro of eps 3!!!

He's Dead!!

manicmotive
12-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Let the celebration begin?

Griff
12-03-2010, 06:51 PM
(plays real loud everybody WANG CHUNG TONIGHT and breaks out the beer and grass skirts)

CliffSteele
12-03-2010, 06:56 PM
This must be a theme. Cliffjumper (who I think was voiced by The Rock!?) died in the 1st ep of Transformers: Prime also. I'm much more of a Joe fan but Cliffjumper felt much more tragic and a greater loss. Everyone seems to be taking a page out of Giant-Sized X-Men #1 here. That's A-ok!

ksavelle
12-03-2010, 07:02 PM
yep hes dead and replaced with breaker,i think it will be an on going theme,next jinx and sooner or later spirit and who knows who else

Angry.Android
12-03-2010, 07:06 PM
i actually hope ripcord comes back.

the odinson
12-03-2010, 07:08 PM
lets hope they kill mindbender and replace him w/ an old baldheaded buff guy w/ a monocle. call him... brainbender? mindtwister? headshapechanger?

Echo7Solo
No Ripcord in the intro of eps 3!!!

He's Dead!!

lol..... this is great!

MeLikeJinx
Everywhere Ewoks are celebrating! LOL.

CliffSteele
12-03-2010, 07:11 PM
C'mon, he wasn't THAT bad... I'm glad to hear about Breaker though!

Joebern28
12-03-2010, 07:17 PM
I dvr'ed both episodes and watched them on my day off this week. I'm still trying to figure out how i feel about the show. But when Ripcord had his incident, I instantly thought "did the writers of the show see the live action movie and hated Wayans as Rip so this was their shot back at the movie by killin him off?" Could just be me but I was pretty indifferent about it.

Zefram
12-03-2010, 07:18 PM
C'mon, he wasn't THAT bad...

Seriously, the haterade flowin' in here is actually kinda sad.

MeLikeJinx
12-03-2010, 07:23 PM
But when Ripcord had his incident, I instantly thought "did the writers of the show see the live action movie and hated Wayans as Rip so this was their shot back at the movie by killin him off?"
I thought the same thing... except instead of the writers hating ROC, they were more offering an apology by killing him off. LOL.

But Ripcord's apparent demise is more important because it means Joes die in this toon... nobody is sacred... except Duke, Scarlett & SE. LOL.

spike78a
12-03-2010, 07:33 PM
i have a feeling ripcord's death in renegades will not affect the presence or fate of the roc ripcord in the upcoming live action sequel.
the renegades ripcord wasn't around long enough for me to dislike him so i wouldn't be celebrating...but thats just me. if anything its sad, he gave his life so others could live. people he barely knew, if anything i would celebrate his life not his death. the roc ripcord is another story.

gyrapados
12-03-2010, 07:38 PM
I was surprised to see Ripcord die. I just knew he was going to get out of the facility and survive. He wasn't really around long enough to form much of an opinion about him, but it is interesting to think that characters can die now, unlike back in the day where everybody shot at each other with frikkin' lasers and missed.

Monkeywrench
12-03-2010, 07:39 PM
I thought the same thing... except instead of the writers hating ROC, they were more offering an apology by killing him off. LOL.

But Ripcord's apparent demise is more important because it means Joes die in this toon... nobody is sacred... except Duke, Scarlett & SE. LOL.

this^^

Fierce Krypton
12-03-2010, 07:41 PM
kinda messed up to kill off the black guy...

ShadowNinja
12-03-2010, 07:46 PM
but its ok to kill off a white guy, or a asian, or wait a mexican too? Sorry I know its a old joke but sheesh.

sci-find
12-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Uhmm.. You do know Roadblock has a very deep tan as well right?

Do you suggest in any way that they should've killed off the asian dude or a whitey?
Besides I think he'll be back in a coming episode. Maybe they're making dynamic episode intro's like Avengers: EMH. Where only the avengers featured in that episode or currently active are shown at the end of the catchy emo-rock intro-song.

Mainframe
12-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Everywhere Ewoks are celebrating! LOL.

Yub-Yub!

Echo7Solo
12-03-2010, 07:56 PM
ok, come on... lets keep race out of this. Plus when it comes to death your skin color means nothing. If your wearing a red shirt you need to worry.

ArcticCG
12-03-2010, 07:57 PM
YES!!!! There is hope for Renegades now! Plus we will not get 3 different version of Ripcord in the new toy line if he is dead. They can focus on 5 different version of SE and Duke!

Monkeywrench
12-03-2010, 07:58 PM
I really thought that he was going to survive. Nothing is going to wipe away my smile tonight

Echo7Solo
12-03-2010, 08:00 PM
I really thought that he was going to survive. Nothing is going to wipe away my smile tonight

tonight no, but in like 5 more weeks when they bring his sorry ass back will be another story.

It is cool that they have death, I hope they stick to it just over do it.

RenHoek
12-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Oh well....

Monkeywrench
12-03-2010, 08:03 PM
tonight no, but in like 5 more weeks when they bring his sorry ass back will be another story.

hey you! I said nothing will wipe away my smile tonight.

although, it wouldn't suprise me if he was brought back one day. Maybe he will be a cyborg bio ninja zombie.

Trooper13
12-03-2010, 08:06 PM
lets hope they kill mindbender and replace him w/ an old baldheaded buff guy w/ a monocle. call him... brainbender? mindtwister? headshapechanger?

genderbender?

MunkyX
12-03-2010, 08:08 PM
This must be a theme. Cliffjumper (who I think was voiced by The Rock!?) died in the 1st ep of Transformers: Prime also. I'm much more of a Joe fan but Cliffjumper felt much more tragic and a greater loss. Everyone seems to be taking a page out of Giant-Sized X-Men #1 here. That's A-ok!

My thoughts exactly. As far as cartoons go... the more mature cartoons more specifically, I can't honestly recall them killing of a 'big' named character in the first episode in well... ever. So, in honor of this new MO of killing off characters in the first episode... and since I saw it in 'Prime' before the Ripcord incident in 'Renegades'... it will now and forevermore be known... in my head... as...

"Cliffjumper-ing"

And yes... the Rock voiced Cliffjumper. I was so stoked to hear that the Rock was involved... and then... they Cliffjumpered him.

So... as we have it so far for new toons...

- Cliffjumper - Cliffjumpered
- Ripcord - Cliffjumpered
- Young Justice - Speedy merely quit... so no Cliffjumpering there

Trooper13
12-03-2010, 08:08 PM

It is cool that they have death, I hope they stick to it just over do it.

hahahaha, I'm telling you. He's going to be Mindbender's supersoldier. It'd be epic, a half man, half Bio-Viper synthoid evil ripcord. THAT would be awesome. He'd still be dead, but the BV would reanimate his corpse to totally F with the Joes. Atleast, that's what I'd do.

Echo7Solo
12-03-2010, 08:10 PM
hey you! I said nothing will wipe away my smile tonight.

although, it wouldn't suprise me if he was brought back one day. Maybe he will be a cyborg bio ninja zombie.

I'd rather get a pimple on my sack than to see that happen.

luigi
12-03-2010, 08:10 PM

me too
we are a minority here on the tank

Steel Brigade
12-03-2010, 08:16 PM
I was astonished when I saw the new "A-Team-esque" intro that Rip was in fact absent.

Gyre-Viper
12-03-2010, 08:16 PM
note to self... don't log onto hisstank before watching new episodes.
what happened to SPOILER ALERT. heheheh.

oh well. can't say I'll miss Ripcord.

speedocub
12-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Ripcord's departure from the story line is certainly welcomed by many!

However, they never mentioned him in the news report, Cobra never mentions they found the body of him, the Army doesn't mention his absence, the only ones that were concerned were the Renegades. This leaves the door wide open to revisit his character in the plot. And given that in 6 Hours they didn't make fast friends, I'd like him to take an adversarial role to the fugitives or possibly be a part of an experiment. If he comes back and then they can kill him again. Why kill Ripcord once when you can do it twice?

Monkeywrench
I was astonished when I saw the new "A-Team-esque" intro that Rip was in fact absent.

it was crazy and awesome!

dj7000
i ahve a feeling he'll be back but it sorta solidifies the code names as its a way to pay homage to him

spike78a
12-03-2010, 08:23 PM
I'd rather get a pimple on my sack than to see that happen.

OT-that cgi suit they had hal wearing in the trailer looked really bad. couldn't they have given him a real suit, we do have the technology to make green and black tights.

Monkeywrench
12-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Ripcord's departure from the story line is certainly welcomed by many!

However, they never mentioned him in the news report, Cobra never mentions they found the body of him, the Army doesn't mention his absence, the only ones that were concerned were the Renegades. This leaves the door wide open to revisit his character in the plot. And given that in 6 Hours they didn't make fast friends, I'd like him to take an adversarial role to the fugitives or possibly be a part of an experiment. If he comes back and then they can kill him again. Why kill Ripcord once when you can do it twice?

they did mention one fatality in the news report. I assume thats him

speedocub
12-03-2010, 08:25 PM
they did mention one fatality in the news report. I assume thats him

I did not catch that...thats one charge that Scarlett wont be able to explain away.

Monkeywrench
12-03-2010, 08:27 PM
I did not catch that...thats one charge that Scarlett wont be able to explain away.

yea it was mentioned in episode 2 i think

Echo7Solo
12-03-2010, 08:35 PM
OT-that cgi suit they had hal wearing in the trailer looked really bad. couldn't they have given him a real suit, we do have the technology to make green and black tights.

hey buddy, welcome to the tank but that's kind of off topic. Plus take a look at Hal in tights here..... not very heroic

YouTube - Ghetto Man Roasts The SuperFriends (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Dv83BM_5w)

YouTube - Legends of the Superheroes Opening (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg2EvhTAer8&feature=related)

SNAKE EYES
12-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Echo could you give this thread a spoiler alert.

ultramax
12-03-2010, 08:37 PM
we got breaker!!!!

Monkeywrench
12-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Echo could you give this thread a spoiler alert.

I like my NO RIPCORD!!! title better

jus sayin

MeLikeJinx
12-03-2010, 08:41 PM
we got breaker!!!!
I honestly thought they were going to say, "Mainframe." LOL. Then I thought, nah, it'll probably be "Dial-Tone." I am so glad they said Breaker though; just hope he changes outfits soon.

Monkeywrench
12-03-2010, 08:42 PM
I honestly thought they were going to say, "Mainframe." LOL. Then I thought, nah, it'll probably be "Dial-Tone." I am so glad they said Breaker though; just hope he changes outfits soon.

Once I heard Alvin. I knew

MeLikeJinx
12-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Once I heard Alvin. I knew
Damn you people who read the filecards! Haha.

Monkeywrench
12-04-2010, 03:30 AM
Damn you people who read the filecards! Haha.

LOL. The filecards was a big deal to me as a kid. Now they just suck

MethaZord
12-04-2010, 04:01 AM
Mane, I think ripcord was annoying...with all them nicknames and ish.... atleast he ain't stereotyped by rhymin everything.
i think he mite be back hopefully and more mature.

SNAKE EYES
12-04-2010, 06:59 AM
I like my NO RIPCORD!!! title better

jus sayin

To bad :D

OreoBuilder
12-04-2010, 09:49 AM
My thoughts exactly. As far as cartoons go... the more mature cartoons more specifically, I can't honestly recall them killing of a 'big' named character in the first episode in well... ever. So, in honor of this new MO of killing off characters in the first episode... and since I saw it in 'Prime' before the Ripcord incident in 'Renegades'... it will now and forevermore be known... in my head... as...

"Cliffjumper-ing"

And yes... the Rock voiced Cliffjumper. I was so stoked to hear that the Rock was involved... and then... they Cliffjumpered him.

So... as we have it so far for new toons...

- Cliffjumper - Cliffjumpered
- Ripcord - Cliffjumpered
- Young Justice - Speedy merely quit... so no Cliffjumpering there

Actually, Resolute did it first with Bazooka. So I vote the the term be ''Bazooka'd''

Bazooka - Bazooka'd
Major Bludd - Bazooka'd
Cliffjumper - Bazooka'd
Ripcord - Bazooka'd

:D

OB

OB

Immortal_Joker
12-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Wow kill off the one guy who gives everyone their nicknames because of a bunch of pissed off fanboys didnt like him in the movie whoopee doo.

Sad an pathetic sight to behold.

The Delta
12-04-2010, 10:03 AM
not to rain on anyone's parade,but unless we see a body then we can't assume ripcord is dead.show me the body and then i will celebrate.

Trooper13
12-04-2010, 10:07 AM
not to rain on anyone's parade,but unless we see a body then we can't assume ripcord is dead.show me the body and then i will celebrate.

That's exactly what I've been saying. I think we'll see him again, even though Rip as we know him may actually be dead. I'm sure Mindbender wouldn't let anything go to waste.

Griff
12-04-2010, 12:37 PM

they still have one left...and lets not forget in Deep Blue sea there were two black guys (sam jackson and the cook, ll cool j) and one of them lived too. :D

DavAnthony
12-04-2010, 01:28 PM
I doubt he's dead. I think they "pretended" to kill him off to bring the other Joes togeather and cause tension between Duke and Scarlett. Then what they'll do is after the tension dies down between Scarlett and Duke and the J-Team has been united as a group they'll have to save him or he'll come back in some way.

snakeeyes1998
12-04-2010, 01:39 PM

Yes but as the character he was originally design to be a red headed paratrooper. I am fine with them introducing new characters but stop changing the race and gender of existing characters !

Destro's Son
12-04-2010, 01:45 PM

100% agreed. Screw that kid, give him a monocle!

Destro's Son
12-04-2010, 01:53 PM
I dvr'ed both episodes and watched them on my day off this week. I'm still trying to figure out how i feel about the show. But when Ripcord had his incident, I instantly thought "did the writers of the show see the live action movie and hated Wayans as Rip so this was their shot back at the movie by killin him off?" Could just be me but I was pretty indifferent about it.

BINGO! Foolproof, poptart, and I sat at last years JoeCon last night dinner with a writer from the show.

Didn't want to fold his cover, but I was told we'd get roadblock and not heavy duty, Jinx, and there is a significant death in the first couple of episodes, and all deaths will stick, no phoenix saga story lines.

Not lasers, but "plasma", which according to the writer is just a modern name for lasers.

Everyone at the show knew how much we hated the movie, so they want something we approve of, but will hook a new generation of kids.

Destro's Son
12-04-2010, 02:02 PM
hahahaha, i'm telling you. He's going to be mindbender's supersoldier. It'd be epic, a half man, half bio-viper synthoid evil ripcord. That would be awesome. He'd still be dead, but the bv would reanimate his corpse to totally f with the joes. Atleast, that's what i'd do.

^^^^^^^^^^now that's a tasty bagel dog!

Destro's Son
12-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Mane, I think ripcord was annoying...with all them nicknames and ish.... atleast he ain't stereotyped by rhymin everything.
i think he mite be back hopefully and more mature.

I just need to dispell a myth: Black dudes in the 80's did not all talk in jive. Roadblocks trademark was jive talkin, I don't think it's a stereotype, but a character trait.

ero
12-04-2010, 02:44 PM
I think the opening is loose. The format allows for anybody to come and go. But will see.

Personally, I'd prefer they weren't killing anybody. It's a fucking kids show for Christ's sake. (And spare me the "reality" argument, it's a cartoon!).

Now, that said ... I must say, Episode 3--and its new opening--rocked! :)

Trooper13
12-04-2010, 02:51 PM
I think the opening is loose. The format allows for anybody to come and go. But will see.

A great point. It would be easy, as the cast evolves and grows to "plug" in other members. It's just a picture and their file. I really like it.

nickvree
12-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Really doubt he's totally dead. Probably come back in some episode as an agent of Cobra somehow.

SH0CKWAVE
12-04-2010, 04:55 PM
there are waaaaaay too many Joe characters available for the writers to have to re-hash Ripcord. lol. i think its silly to think they'd bring him back in some shape/form. he's dead. deal with it people! lolz.

i see them working. introducing new characters along the way gets us fans super excited. bringing one back "just cuz" does not make sense - especially since the bulk of Joe fans were not fond of how R.I.P.cord was portrayed in "that one movie."

Monkeywrench
12-07-2010, 08:14 PM

That is a good point and I think your right. I wonder what the opening is going to be for the next shows. Do you think Breaker will be in it?

Snake Shadow09
12-08-2010, 01:44 AM
he will be back.

Nictus
12-08-2010, 01:56 AM
i hope this was an exercised example to hollywood of how exactly one can go about eliminating a character the producers wanted...technically ripcord was part of the show...had his name in the intro...had some face time closeups...a few lines...some action...and BOOM (literally) he (could be) dead.

glad he's gone but won't be shocked should he return and play the "you left me behind to die" card on the joes. i hope not though so far they've managed to avoid most all of the cliches that could have so easily been incorporated.

but the way breaker came to be...totally juvenile...should have remained "the coyote" much cooler and reason to make a new character...unless he picks up bubble gum in the new episode it isn't breaker.

MeLikeJinx
12-08-2010, 02:27 AM
he will be back.
If Renegades Ripcord is still alive then so is ROC Cover Girl. LOL.

That is a good point and I think your right. I wonder what the opening is going to be for the next shows. Do you think Breaker will be in it?
How about Jinx? LOL.

Snake Shadow09
12-08-2010, 11:55 AM
If Renegades Ripcord is still alive then so is ROC Cover Girl. LOL.

How about Jinx? LOL.

what?

Monkeywrench
12-08-2010, 08:13 PM
How about Jinx? LOL.

I can totally see her being in the intro. Hopefully they don't kill her off.

MeLikeJinx
12-09-2010, 09:21 PM
I just hope Jinx is her name before they find her and not a nickname they give afterwards; otherwise it will mean she was really bad luck in the episode. LOL.

Monkeywrench
12-11-2010, 01:14 AM
The intro stayed the same. Good news for the Ripcord haters!!!

MeLikeJinx
12-11-2010, 02:23 AM
The intro stayed the same. Good news for the Ripcord haters!!!
I bet there are still people out there that cringe a little when the credits start just in the fear that Ripcord's intro will reappear. LOL.

And IMO it would be much cooler if they showed only characters in the intro that appear in the current episode for both Joe and Cobra.

Trooper13
12-11-2010, 09:30 AM

I have a feeling that after all this shakes down she'll need to go back to Japan to help unite the clan. SE will stay with the Joes, and SS will go "rogue" and end up in collusion with Cobra. I bet we'll see her atleast once a season though. If not, that would suck. She made the episode for me.

MeLikeJinx
12-31-2010, 05:58 AM
I wonder how long it will take for people to start to believe that Ripcord really isn't going to come back as some kind of half Ripcord, half Bio-Viper hybrid. LOL.

And actually, I'm really disappointed there has been no changes to the intro since the last change.

Zefram
12-31-2010, 06:14 AM
I wonder how long it will take for people to start to believe that Ripcord really isn't going to come back as some kind of half Ripcord, half Bio-Viper hybrid. LOL.

And actually, I'm really disappointed there has been no changes to the intro since the last change.

Next season. S3 tops. Nobody ever stays dead for long.

KingBiohazerd
12-31-2010, 07:24 AM
im just surprized they killed anyone tbh but i remeber watching the old toon and a hiss tank would blow up and be on fire and the driver would jump out like nothing happen and i would laugh

John_0515
12-31-2010, 12:16 PM
He'll come back in episode 12 (Title: TBA)

Shipwreck back in episode 16

RenHoek
12-31-2010, 12:46 PM
Part of me is sad he's gone, if only because it would be cool for his character to develop from cheesy joker to a more serious soldier, but another part of me wants him to stay dead to prove how possible it is for characters to die sometimes.