PDA

View Full Version : SE/SS origins predictions eps 4/5

Monkeywrench
12-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Get in your predictions for how they will handle SE/SS origins. I think they will stick with the orphan SE like they have been using lately. Who's gonna kill the Master?

RolandofGilead
12-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Origin:

Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow used to work for Stormy's uncle in a Winchell's Donuts franchise. His uncle, Hard Baker, was a tough man to love, but Tommy Arashikage adored him as the father he never had. Then Snake Eyes showed up on their doorstep asking for free donut holes. Tommy wanted to throw him out, but Hard Baker decided to take him in as a new apprentice. To train him in the way of the donut. As the years passed and Snake Eyes clearly became the greatest donut baker the world had ever known, Tommy grew jealous.

One day, while frying donuts, Hard Baker was teasing Snake Eyes by doing a very bad impression of him. Suddenly a baking pan flew out of the shadows, striking Hard Baker and sending him screaming into the vat of boiling oil. Snake Eyes ran to confront the attacker but only saw Storm Shadow racing away in a Dunk'n Donuts truck. They have been sworn enemies ever since.

Trooper13
12-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Former lovers.

Monkeywrench
12-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Origin:

Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow used to work for Stormy's uncle in a Winchell's Donuts franchise. His uncle, Hard Baker, was a tough man to love, but Tommy Arashikage adored him as the father he never had. Then Snake Eyes showed up on their doorstep asking for free donut holes. Tommy wanted to throw him out, but Hard Baker decided to take him in as a new apprentice. To train him in the way of the donut. As the years passed and Snake Eyes clearly became the greatest donut baker the world had ever known, Tommy grew jealous.

One day, while frying donuts, Hard Baker was teasing Snake Eyes by doing a very bad impression of him. Suddenly a baking pan flew out of the shadows, striking Hard Baker and sending him screaming into the vat of boiling oil. Snake Eyes ran to confront the attacker but only saw Storm Shadow racing away in a Dunk'n Donuts truck. They have been sworn enemies ever since.

Thats awesome

MAJOR BLOOD
12-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Like hard master GI Joe is dead. It's not ARAH so it's not joe.

Seriously though, I'll be interested to see how they do this for the new show. Not sure what it will entail. Didn't SE take a vow of silence in this show? I'm still a little behind on things.

Monkeywrench
12-03-2010, 02:31 PM

Seriously though, I'll be interested to see how they do this for the new show. Not sure what it will entail. Didn't SE take a vow of silence in this show? I'm still a little behind on things.

he took his vow of silence in roc. I have a feeling that they will do the same for renegades. I hope he gets disfigured in someway.

SH0CKWAVE
12-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Jinx is introduced... and gets kidnapped.

*not much of an origins prediction.

RolandofGilead
12-03-2010, 02:38 PM
he took his vow of silence in roc. I have a feeling that they will do the same for renegades. I hope he gets disfigured in someway.

I don't think so. In the first episode the other Joes got annoyed when Snake Eyes didn't speak, then Scarlett told them that he CAN'T. They all got silent and thoughtful afterword so that has me thinking accident of some kind.

Monkeywrench
12-03-2010, 02:39 PM
I don't think so. In the first episode the other Joes got annoyed when Snake Eyes didn't speak, then Scarlett told them that he CAN'T. They all got silent and thoughtful afterword so that has me thinking accident of some kind.

That is a good point. I forgot about that line until now. That gives me some hope.

luigi
12-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Like hard master GI Joe is dead. It's not ARAH so it's not joe. . humm if it's not arah then explain this
http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l623/luigi_swayze/Capture-1.jpg?1291403145
and yes i know it's not the original arah but technically it is arah

MAJOR BLOOD
12-03-2010, 03:18 PM
humm if it's not arah then explain this

Can't argue with logic. :(

Cdt Weasel
12-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Haha, Luigi with the logic smackdown!

Black Llama
12-03-2010, 04:47 PM

humm if it's not arah then explain this

http://www.mangosandpeaches.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/batmanpwned-439x358.jpg

MAJOR BLOOD
12-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Screw you guys.:mad: I'm going to general discussion and starting my last post thread now.

General Hawk
12-04-2010, 10:08 PM

I don't know, I think they'll go the disfigurement route... I mean, during his battle with Bludd, his mask gets torn a bit and you can see some little tufts of hair coming out of a mostly bald head...certainly looks somewhat burn-victimish.

I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised.

Justin

Mazinger
12-04-2010, 10:12 PM
I hope he's silent cause he's disfigured.

Not being able to yell at another Joe to warn them about a Cobra bullet cause he took a vow of silence is kinda douchey.

Monkeywrench
12-05-2010, 03:18 AM
I don't know, I think they'll go the disfigurement route... I mean, during his battle with Bludd, his mask gets torn a bit and you can see some little tufts of hair coming out of a mostly bald head...certainly looks somewhat burn-victimish.

I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised.

Justin

I agree.. now. When I first made that statement, it was before I saw eps 3. I'm very happy that it looks that way.

WeaponXCustoms
12-05-2010, 03:45 AM
I think snake keeps his head shaved anyways..how else would that mask fit so well

Snake Shadow09
12-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Get in your predictions for how they will handle SE/SS origins. I think they will stick with the orphan SE like they have been using lately. Who's gonna kill the Master?

clearly ss will kill the master.

dmizrok
12-06-2010, 10:38 AM
^ but he SHOULDNT.^^^ They need to stick with the comics origin; this origin had HONOR. SS HONORED his uncle by leaving family and friends behind and joining Cobra for the sole reason to find his uncles killer.Having him be a jealous asshole like ROC and Resolute, is LAME. COMPLETELY out of character...

Snake Shadow09
12-06-2010, 11:10 AM
^ but he SHOULDNT.^^^ They need to stick with the comics origin; this origin had HONOR. SS HONORED his uncle by leaving family and friends behind and joining Cobra for the sole reason to find his uncles killer.Having him be a jealous asshole like ROC and Resolute, is LAME. COMPLETELY out of character...

is that what happened?

awesome.

who killed head master in the comics?

allen dane
12-06-2010, 11:28 AM
spoiler alert.... zartan.

spike78a
12-06-2010, 11:44 AM
i predict snake eyes will receive ninja training at some point during the story.

spike78a
12-06-2010, 11:48 AM
i also predict we won't find out snake eyes's real name.

kennywr22
12-06-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm really hoping they stick with the zartan story line. I love that whole storyline and it gives a whole different dynamic to zartan. I love how zartan retains a sense of honor in the comics. I hated what they did with him in resolute and even in roc when he killed covergirl, that's not zartan.

Shin Densetsu
12-06-2010, 05:13 PM

HELL YES! The whole "living a lie to find the truth" defined Storm Shadow's character and his trials in the Marvel books. To me, that is an essential part of his character, it is what makes him different than just a generic evil ninja dressed in white.

luigi
12-06-2010, 05:21 PM
i predict snake eyes will receive ninja training at some point during the story.

i also predict we won't find out snake eyes's real name.
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/funny-pictures-cat-has-obvious-hat.jpg

Monkeywrench
12-06-2010, 08:28 PM
I hope Zartan kills the master also

dmizrok
12-06-2010, 10:06 PM
...furthermore, SE should be disfigured and mute from saving Scarlett from an accident.It doesnt HAVE to be a helicopter, but it DOES have to be from saving her...Not from Zartans bullet...nor a "vow of silence"...

luigi
12-06-2010, 11:43 PM
...furthermore, SE should be disfigured and mute from saving Scarlett from an accident.It doesnt HAVE to be a helicopter, but it DOES have to be from saving her...Not from Zartans bullet...nor a "vow of silence"...

agreed

Snake Shadow09
12-07-2010, 12:38 AM
this is going to be badass! cant flipping wait!

Shin Densetsu
12-07-2010, 12:52 AM

Vow of silence was lame. I hope the creative team does not go that route.

Monkeywrench
12-07-2010, 03:48 AM

This^^

I'm going to be very pissed if they do

atomsmasher
12-07-2010, 05:00 AM
Snake Eyes being a mute; I don't know how to quite say this. I don't give a damn. Snake Eyes is suppose to wear a mask of some kind. I don't care if it's Sunbow, or DIC or Sigma, and kill things stealth like. I don't even care if he's a ninja or just someone that makes Flint check under his bed before sleeping.

Storm Shadow. I'm biting my lip hoping for a new design that will make my mouth water. Hopefully without the pants of tunnel rat. I'm shocked he doesn't get stuck.

KingBiohazerd
12-07-2010, 06:32 AM
Luigi is all win in this thread hIs pimp hand is strong!

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o282/Biohazerd_/530200825804PM_HandlerCA2Y74Y2.jpg

I think they should go true to the old comic

Snake Shadow09
12-07-2010, 10:47 AM

so what your saying id that you want se to talk?

Jmacq1
12-07-2010, 11:15 AM
I wouldn't call this a "guess" so much as a "hope" that they'll change things up a bit and possibly have Storm Shadow/the Arashikage believing Snake-Eyes killed the Hard Master, as opposed to the other way around. Make it a misguided quest for vengeance on Storm Shadow's part rather than "trying to clear his name." Mega bonus-points if Snake-Eyes really did kill the Hard Master (because he found out the Hard Master was up to no good, of course, but Storm Shadow wasn't aware of his Uncle's dirty dealings), but I doubt they'll go that far.

I think it's a safe bet that Snake-Eyes will probably be an adopted orphan or something of the like. I really do not see them shoehorning in the "ex military guy joins a Ninja clan" origin. It'd be awesome if they did, but I just doubt it. Not just for suspension-of-disbelief stretching, but because it'd probably make Snake-Eyes and Storm-Shadow too "old" compared to the other characters.

But ultimately I'll be happy if they at least keep Storm Shadow a conflicted and misguided character instead of just the straight-up "jealous bad guy" we got in Resolute and RoC.

SECP
12-07-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm dragging this one I posted over from another thread. I still don't believe it. But my friend insists they're going this route

Disclaimer: The following is from the friend of a friend of a friend of a...etc...of a guy who works at the Hub... unconfirmed rumormill. Please take it as no more than this.

So I heard that in renegades either Snake Eyes is the one framed for the hard masters death rather than Storm Shadow, or that Snake eyes actually DOES kill the hard master. The later (while I think it's extremely unlikely) would be a great twist imho. Since it would mean that the ninjas were actaully ninjas (ie assassins and therefore evil) and Snake Eyes had a change of heart. I just think this would add back a certain kind of depth that modern writers have been sucking out of him.

Hoestly I'm just hoping we don't get the same generic "You betrayed the clan" vagueness that sigma six Storm Shadow used to spew every third episode.

Jay West
12-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Of course in the comics he could speak...it just hurt a lot...but I digress.

Monkeywrench
12-07-2010, 03:50 PM
I wouldn't call this a "guess" so much as a "hope" that they'll change things up a bit and possibly have Storm Shadow/the Arashikage believing Snake-Eyes killed the Hard Master, as opposed to the other way around. Make it a misguided quest for vengeance on Storm Shadow's part rather than "trying to clear his name." Mega bonus-points if Snake-Eyes really did kill the Hard Master (because he found out the Hard Master was up to no good, of course, but Storm Shadow wasn't aware of his Uncle's dirty dealings), but I doubt they'll go that far.

I think it's a safe bet that Snake-Eyes will probably be an adopted orphan or something of the like. I really do not see them shoehorning in the "ex military guy joins a Ninja clan" origin. It'd be awesome if they did, but I just doubt it. Not just for suspension-of-disbelief stretching, but because it'd probably make Snake-Eyes and Storm-Shadow too "old" compared to the other characters.

But ultimately I'll be happy if they at least keep Storm Shadow a conflicted and misguided character instead of just the straight-up "jealous bad guy" we got in Resolute and RoC.

I agree. I hope for that too.

luigi
12-07-2010, 06:39 PM
Luigi is all win in this thread hIs pimp hand is strong!

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o282/Biohazerd_/530200825804PM_HandlerCA2Y74Y2.jpg

I think they should go true to the old comic

agreed^^^

Monkeywrench
12-09-2010, 03:32 AM
saw a commerical today and SS was throwing a knife or star at scarlett and SE ninja blocked it. SS seriously looked like he was 6 years old

kennywr22
12-09-2010, 04:49 AM
Well he is probably around that age.definitely a flashback. Concept ss looks much older. I love the look.

MFJayman
12-09-2010, 05:45 AM
I gotta say, my knowledge of SE’s background it pretty sketchy. I had heard somewhere about how he got his facial injuries and muteness, but only a day or so ago, I saw a scan of the comic book page where they showed some of that backstory, with SE saving Scarlett and emerging from the chopper with his head on fire. HEAD on FIRE! Wow. It really struck me. Now that’s some pathos right there. That’s more badass IMO than if he were to cut down an entire brigade of Vipers single handedly. It really endeared SE to me. I really felt for the guy. I hope they incorporate this backstory into Renegades somehow.

EasySimplestuff
12-09-2010, 06:41 AM
Well I hope it goes like in the comics. If they insist a twist/new direction it would be cool to be a reversal for a change, i.e SS blaiming SE for the murder of Hard master, and SE being the one on the run from Stormy. It would be cool as to portray SS as a more skilled/powerfull fighter than SE so that SE would really be up to his neck in trouble trying to prove his innocence to his friend during their battle(s) without the ability to speak. Of course SE would not want to harm Stormy, but he doesnt know that, and SS being better in the Ninja arts, Snakes could really have a hard time against him. Of course when Snakes retreats from the fights to be able to pursue the real killer, SS could feel it to be dishonorfull and cowardly, which in turn fuels his desire for vengance and makes him want to catch SE even more.

What ever they do, SS must be a conflicted character and not an one dimensional jealous and hatefull punk and a generic bad guy.

Jmacq1
12-09-2010, 08:09 AM
You know, I just had a funny thought:

While I agree with those that want Storm Shadow to be somewhat conflicted/misguided rather than a "straight-up bad guy" it's that "conflicted/misguided" side that led to Storm Shadow flipping sides over and over again in previous incarnations of Joe (which ended up being something people would complain about).

I can see why "straight-up bad guy" is attractive to Hasbro...it allows them to keep Storm Shadow on the "bad guy" side without having to resort to brainwashing, etc... If Storm Shadow is "a good guy on the wrong path" then inevitably he would leave Cobra when the truth becomes known.

Shin Densetsu
12-09-2010, 12:42 PM
You know, I just had a funny thought:

While I agree with those that want Storm Shadow to be somewhat conflicted/misguided rather than a "straight-up bad guy" it's that "conflicted/misguided" side that led to Storm Shadow flipping sides over and over again in previous incarnations of Joe (which ended up being something people would complain about).

I can see why "straight-up bad guy" is attractive to Hasbro...it allows them to keep Storm Shadow on the "bad guy" side without having to resort to brainwashing, etc... If Storm Shadow is "a good guy on the wrong path" then inevitably he would leave Cobra when the truth becomes known.

He was only on Cobra's side in ARAH continuity to find out who killed Hard Master, the only other times after that were when he was brainwashed, which he finally broke free from prior to Master and Apprentice vol 2. In Sigma 6 he was brainwashed, and in Robot Rebellion he was reportedly going to join the Joes.

The "living a lie to find the truth" aspect of him is integral to his character. Taking that away and making him a generic evil ninja in white is just like making Snake Eyes some greenshirt in black that knows Ninjutsu but without the tragic back story that even led him to learn it. That=boring.

Monkeywrench
12-11-2010, 01:25 AM
Just a quick recap of what we know so far:

A teenage SE rescues a 8 year old Jinx and teenage SS from some random Ninjas. The hard master accepts SE to the clan for training. SE gets his tat and SS and SE are like brothers. SS is cocky and brash, SE the opposite, Jinx compares them to Kane and Able. SE takes a beating from the hard master to protect SS. SS walks in on a dead Hard Master, with SE over him. SS attacks SE and cuts his throat with a throwing star killing his vocal cords. SE takes Jinx and leaves the clan stealing the sacred sword. Jinx trains with SE, eventually going back to SS claiming that SE is dead and offically joins the Arashikage. SS knows that she is full of it and lets her lead him to SE's secret dojo. SS destroys the joes and SE, kidnaps Jinx and leaves them for dead...

elanmars
12-13-2010, 01:55 AM
i've been digging renegades so far but storm shadow's costume design is terrible.

seriously. i can stomach boomhauer/beavis duke but storm shadow, what the f**k is that? that's like putting snake eyes in drag...oh wait, already happened in arah-sunbow.

dammit.

Saboteur
12-13-2010, 01:58 AM
Storm Shadow is about the biggest beef I have with this cartoon. He looks like a kid. Needs another look.

Shin Densetsu
12-13-2010, 02:00 AM
Just a quick recap of what we know so far:

A teenage SE rescues a 8 year old Jinx and teenage SS from some random Ninjas. The hard master accepts SE to the clan for training. SE gets his tat and SS and SE are like brothers. SS is cocky and brash, SE the opposite, Jinx compares them to Kane and Able. SE takes a beating from the hard master to protect SS. SS walks in on a dead Hard Master, with SE over him. SS attacks SE and cuts his throat with a throwing star killing his vocal cords. SE takes Jinx and leaves the clan stealing the sacred sword. Jinx trains with SE, eventually going back to SS claiming that SE is dead and offically joins the Arashikage. SS knows that she is full of it and lets her lead him to SE's secret dojo. SS destroys the joes and SE, kidnaps Jinx and leaves them for dead...

I still think this will lead to Storm Shadow going on a downward spiral only to have Snake Eyes stick out for him, again, and have him learn the err of his ways, which may then lead to Storm Shadow joining the Joes and sacrificing his life for Snake Eyes...maybe similar to Dinobot...from Beast Wars...the way Dinobot went out in Code Of Hero...

SHIN SUPPORTS

Monkeywrench
12-13-2010, 02:24 AM
I still think this will lead to Storm Shadow going on a downward spiral only to have Snake Eyes stick out for him, again, and have him learn the err of his ways, which may then lead to Storm Shadow joining the Joes and sacrificing his life for Snake Eyes...maybe similar to Dinobot...from Beast Wars...the way Dinobot went out in Code Of Hero...

SHIN SUPPORTS

that would be interesting. I would like SS to stay evil for a few seasons before that happens

Echo7Solo
12-13-2010, 02:30 AM
that would be interesting. I would like SS to stay evil for a few seasons before that happens

I'd like to see him stay on cobra but not too evil. I'd like to see some conflict with him. That is when Storm Shadow is at his best. Let his hate of Snake Eyes blind him for a while but still do wrong the right way... you know?

Monkeywrench
12-13-2010, 02:33 AM
I'd like to see him stay on cobra but not too evil. I'd like to see some conflict with him. That is when Storm Shadow is at his best. Let his hate of Snake Eyes blind him for a while but still do wrong the right way... you know?

Yea I agree. Thats what I meant when I said evil lol. I want him to stay on Cobra for awhile before he switches on them

Echo7Solo
12-13-2010, 02:36 AM
Yea I agree. Thats what I meant when I said evil lol. I want him to stay on Cobra for awhile before he switches on them

or better yet stay with them even for a while AFTER he switches on them. That would be even more cool. Even better if we as the viewers didn't even know it at first.

Monkeywrench
12-13-2010, 02:38 AM
or better yet stay with them even for a while AFTER he switches on them. That would be even more cool. Even better if we as the viewers didn't even know it at first.

that would be nice. I'm sure down the road there will be some spats between cobra members and he can be right in the middle of it.

Echo7Solo
12-13-2010, 02:42 AM
oh yeah, I mean at every turn Zartan, Destro or the Twins thought they could do a better job than Cobra Commander back in the day. For that I think Destro did for the most part a better job. I would love to see Storm Shadow stir the pot only to improve his own position in the Commander's eyes by being the one to save him.

Monkeywrench
12-13-2010, 02:44 AM
From the original bio that was released on Destro, it sounds like him and the Commander or going to be beefing right off the back. It sounds like he turns on CC and CC makes him wear his mask.

Shin Densetsu
12-13-2010, 02:45 AM
that would be nice. I'm sure down the road there will be some spats between cobra members and he can be right in the middle of it.

This did actually happen in the DDP books. There was a arc where Mike Zeck IIRC was brought in to do the covers, and there was at least 1 silent issue. In the arc, Storm Shadow I think, broke free from the brainwashing, asked Snake Eyes for help, some brawl ensued, a Dreadnok tried to hit Snake Eyes but Storm Shadow blocked him. Snake Eyes looked like he was going to kill Cobra Commander but Storm Shadow stopped him.

What was disappointing was that Storm Shadow stayed with Cobra(but this was fixed when Jerwa wrote Master and Apprentice Vol 2.

If Storm Shadow "lives a lie to find the truth", if he stays with Cobra but ends up turning good later, or is good the whole time and is there breaking them down from within, good. Just never liked the completely evil Storm Shadow. To an extent he was like that in TF VS GI Joe vol 1, and in Resolute he was all evil. As much as I love Resolute, that part I did not like. To me it's breaking free from what makes that character unique. It would be like turning Cobra Commander from some terrorist leader into a former terrorist leader but now GI Joe field commander who takes off on hunting his old comrades down.

Changing Storm Shadow to a completely evil ninja makes him nothing more than a evil ninja in white. How generic. If I wanted to see generic ass ninjas I could just rent any number of 70's-80's ninja flicks. Out of all ninja characters, Storm Shadow IMHO has always been one to stick out because of how he is characterized.

Echo7Solo
12-13-2010, 02:53 AM
Just never liked the completely evil Storm Shadow. To an extent he was like that in TF VS GI Joe vol 1, and in Resolute he was all evil. As much as I love Resolute, that part I did not like.

same here. Storm Shadow as pure evil just doesn't work for me. Resolute messed up Storm Shadow so bad it's a shame. That was one of the top reasons why I'm not that big on Resolute to start with. The grit was there but missing in so many other ways. If the Renegades story had the Resolute look we would be talking one of the top cartoons ever.

elanmars
12-14-2010, 01:09 AM
same here. Storm Shadow as pure evil just doesn't work for me. Resolute messed up Storm Shadow so bad it's a shame. That was one of the top reasons why I'm not that big on Resolute to start with. The grit was there but missing in so many other ways. If the Renegades story had the Resolute look we would be talking one of the top cartoons ever.

very much agree with ALL of this.

Darkseid83
12-14-2010, 01:50 AM

Agreed

Akunin
12-14-2010, 03:13 AM
I totally agree with Shin's comment of “living a lie to find the truth" angle.
This is the way I’ve viewed Storm Shadows relation with Cobra, GI Joe and his other clan mates.

Storm Shadow isn't in it for the money or glory like the rest of Cobra, just wants to know who's responsible for the attack and murder of his “uncle” and when he finds him is going to put several hundred years of ninja whoop-ass on him.
As an heir to the Arashikage clan he is honor bound to avenge the death of his Master and Uncle. As a means to an end he is willing to go the extra ethical mile to learn the truth. Even if that means he will assassinate, kill, poison, and beat the poop out of anyone as long as it benefits his goal as a means to an end. With each mission given to him by Cobra he is one step closer to his goal. Killing a Senator? He’s a public official, he knowingly exposed himself to threats and it comes with the territory. An acceptable death, another will be voted in to replace him. Killing an enlisted man, well he is a soldier of war; it is expected and would be an honorable death to both men. I like to keep this in mind that Bushido is still alive in the people of Japan, and as another nation they have many views that I might find strange or even offensive (& likewise). Even ninja, being Japanese themselves to a degree practice Bushido and the importance of honor it has on their everyday life.
Now all the fights between Snake Eyes… would killing him would be honorable? Does Snake Eyes know what SS is doing? Perhaps SS is giving Snake Eyes Intel on Cobra and feigns his battles. But no matter what I think that Storm Shadow has been pulling punches whether Snake knows it or not. Come on, Tommie’s been a ninja longer, it’s in his blood (Bushido once again) and he doesn’t have Scarlett to distract him or have to walk Timber every morning for his BM. Storm Shadow can train, and train… and train. Not only that but Snake is a Gaijin, no matter what angle they come up with it would take Snake a lifetime to understand bushido let alone grasp the importance of it, apply that to his training, be a commando, have a girlfriend and be a soldier at the same time. I don’t believe he would be Master over the entire Arashikage clan, though he would have some honorable place I’m sure, perhaps given the honor to teach their tradition to other Gaijin in his own Dojo. Storm Shadow is the true Master and it’s his duty to prove to his clan that he deserves it by finding the assassin and putting an end to that chapter of their dark history, then moving forward with his clan’s best intentions in mind.
So to sum it up, I think that Storm Shadow admires his friend’s tenacity (recognizes and sympathizes with his lifetime of misfortune) and likes to keep a lower profile than Snake and let the Joes think what they want as far as who is a better fighter.

This, more or less is the angle in which I like to look at Storm Shadows place in G.I. Joe.

Yeah, a favorite character for me. But enough with the ninja's! We need more military personel in the toy line people!

Akunin
12-14-2010, 03:17 AM
very much agree with ALL of this.

Toshirô Mifune! I freaking love your avatar! Nice pic! Looks like its from Yojimbo, am I right?

Snake Shadow09
12-14-2010, 12:24 PM
preview for ep. 5 yet?

elanmars
12-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Toshirô Mifune! I freaking love your avatar! Nice pic! Looks like its from Yojimbo, am I right?

yes indeed! mifune's one of my favorite actors for sure, total bad ass.

storymodeller
12-20-2010, 10:27 PM
Jinx is introduced... and gets kidnapped.

*not much of an origins prediction.

Your prediciton was correct: she is introduced & is kidnapped.

Personally, I love se/ss origin stories. The only non-toy movie item I bought was the SE/SS origin booklet, I loved the SE/SS parts of Resolute, loved the comic accompanying the SE/Hardmaster two pack.