PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe: Renegades and Transformers Prime Neilsen Ratings

Zefram
12-03-2010, 02:17 AM
I guess that means Hasbro's doinitrite?

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/12/01/the-hub-delivers-ratings-increases-with-holiday-programming-including-transformers-prime-and-g-i-joe-renegades/73997

The story at the link gives details about numbers which are all Greek to me, but they say the time slot had "triple-digit ratings increase", so, I guess that's pretty good. :)

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Random/bioviper.jpg

MeLikeJinx
12-03-2010, 02:25 AM
Hmmm... looks like Transformers: Prime is top dog though. G.I. Joe always play second fiddle. LOL.

Nictus
12-03-2010, 02:27 AM
TFP is compelling...it looks good...and it has a story that while it's been done before...it's doing it again with a twist that i like

GIJR...great story...i'm still reserving opinion on the visuals

Zefram
12-03-2010, 02:30 AM
Hmmm... looks like Transformers: Prime is top dog though. G.I. Joe always play second fiddle. LOL.

No question about that, but Transformers is the one with the successful (at least financially if not creatively) movie franchise, but they used that by having Prime be the lead-in for Renegades, which seemingly gave it a good push.

MeLikeJinx
12-03-2010, 02:33 AM
I like how it says, "For the week, The Hub also remained the top co-viewed network among all kid cable networks in K2-11 and A18-49."

That probably means a lot of parents (or uncles, like me, lol) forced their children (or nephews, like me, lol) to watch G.I. Joe: Renegades. LOL.

MFJayman
12-03-2010, 02:45 AM
I still haven't checked out TFP...never watched TF as a kid, nor since. Maybe I should give it a shot. I've just always been a people person...fictional people, that is.

Humans have pretty ladies. Robots...they don't, do they?

Syn3sthesia
12-03-2010, 08:50 AM
So, how do ratings work with someone like myself that just records live tv?

Do I count as a viewer? I don't watch live tv unless is a sport event going on.

Jmacq1
12-03-2010, 09:23 AM
The real test of "doinitrite" will be what the ratings look like tonight.

There will almost undoubtedly be a drop (there usually always is after debuts/pilots) but if it's not a huge one then it'll be a good sign that it's "caught on" with a lot of its' viewers.

From what I understand, they track DVR recordings separately.

PinewoodCobra
12-03-2010, 09:54 AM

Overnight tv ratings are compiled by "people meters" distributed by a.c. nielsen in the major u.s. tv markets. It's a set top box that sends the data to nielsen.

Cdt Weasel
12-03-2010, 09:56 AM
I still haven't checked out TFP...never watched TF as a kid, nor since. Maybe I should give it a shot. I've just always been a people person...fictional people, that is.

Depends how you feel about a teenage japaense punkrocker ditz.

gunslingercbr
12-03-2010, 10:24 AM

there is a guy who stands outside your window all day and night observing what you watch, so it doesn't matter whether you record it or not. Nielsen has people watching through every household's windows, that's how these are compiled.

dj7000
12-03-2010, 10:59 AM
i never liked TF. go figure

sharky
12-03-2010, 11:45 AM

I came close to becoming a Nielson rating family, but I was disqualified because I mentioned that at the time I was friends with a couple that produces a HGTV show. I should have kept my mouth shut, and I don't even see them anymore since I moved. :(

kneroh
12-03-2010, 11:52 AM
I always wanted to produce a sitcom that centered around a Neilsen family. It'd be ratings gold!

Blue Ninja
12-03-2010, 02:04 PM

Well, ArrCee is kinda sleek and sexy. And they got that Niko punk chick, but I think she is way underage.

Zefram
12-03-2010, 02:14 PM
Nice! I always thought if I got front paged it would be something like, "drunken fan goes on groping spree at con". :D

Jay West
12-03-2010, 02:15 PM
there is a guy who stands outside your window all day and night observing what you watch, so it doesn't matter whether you record it or not. Nielsen has people watching through every household's windows, that's how these are compiled.

No - that is my Uncle Larry.

Zefram
12-03-2010, 02:24 PM

Nope.

Ninja.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Lolcats/129071413885524809.jpg

SH0CKWAVE
12-03-2010, 02:39 PM
TF is Jordan and GI Joe is Pippen.

or as some say today TF is D. Wade and Joe is LeBron.

ha.

WeaponXCustoms
12-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Sweet! this is good news! Transformers and Gijoe need to get back to the kids they are the ones that will carry these brands on in the future.

dj7000
12-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Thank you jelly monster!

Arvinator
12-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Taking into account the source material for this show and the fact that they dicided not to follow the Resolute formula all I have to say is that I give this version of G.I.Joe a short time before it's pulled from the air. If the idea for this series was to appeal to the younger viewers then in my opinion it also fails at that. I have two little ones at home, both boys 3 and 7 years old and they could'nt wait another second for G.I.Joe Renegades to end so they could watch Transformers Prime. Even at the visual level the show is lacking and unappealing, a real let-down.

Sgt. Stowell
12-04-2010, 12:04 AM
It was a fail for me. Choppy animation and terrible story. The sad thing is I watched the 'Young Justice' movie for the series coming in January on Cartoon Network and the animation and story blew the Joes out of the water. The animation was just amazing and the story was acceptable to all ages. I would even settle for just a few more frames so I don't feel like I am watching a low production value webisode.

Life4Dreadnok
12-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Those numbers aren't ratings. Usually a television ratings looks like 3.2, .9, something like that. From what I can de-code from these numbers, the HUB is totally insignificant when it comes to number of viewers. It looks like they can barely crack 100,000 viewers.

Zefram
12-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Those numbers aren't ratings. Usually a television ratings looks like 3.2, .9, something like that. From what I can de-code from these numbers, the HUB is totally insignificant when it comes to number of viewers. It looks like they can barely crack 100,000 viewers.

The number system you're going by refers to millions of viewers. My math has it closer to 200,000, but I can't be sure if that's good or bad for a new show on a new non-basic cable network. The only kids show that ever breaks into the top 25 is Spongebob with about 5 million viewers (or a 5.0).

What the story does tell us is that Transformers and Joe essentially doubled the ratings of the time-slot, which is good for Hub. They might even be willing to take a short-term loss in producing it if the properties bring the channel some attention.

Shin Densetsu
12-06-2010, 12:37 AM
Thank you jelly monster!

No. The Mega Marines monsters were better than Bio Vipers, and I never liked the Mega Marines Cobra monsters.

Sweet! this is good news! Transformers and Gijoe need to get back to the kids they are the ones that will carry these brands on in the future.

This has been said quite often, and honestly, I hope that happens, but I also hope the cartoons will have quality writing and not be dumbed down, so when said kids grow up, they can look back at the cartoon and won't be apalled by it. I hope Hasbro intends to make a good cartoon, not just one that sells toys. Clone Wars, Beast Wars, and TF Animated went in the right direction, here's hoping the recent series' do the same.