PDA

View Full Version : So who is the target?

General Hawk
11-28-2010, 08:03 PM
For folks who have been paying attention, Baroness apparently hires Major Bludd next week for an assassination mission.

Who do you think is the target?

Someone we know? Someone we don't?

Really can't wait to see what Bludd looks like.

Justin

Monkeywrench
11-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Hawk

fireflyguy
11-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Maybe it could be the "commander". She appears to be a high ranking official in Cobra Industries. Maybe she's trying to knock off the top guy and take over power.

Cerebral Dissolution
11-28-2010, 08:32 PM
I say Hawk too.

I really like Resolute so far! Wish they were doing 2 episodes per week.

the odinson
11-28-2010, 08:32 PM
gotta be raptor. he's had it coming.

Zefram
11-28-2010, 08:35 PM
The epileptic trees are out in force already. :D

It's a good sign though, as wild mass guessing means people are interested.

I'd say Hawk is a pretty safe bet, but it could also just be some random person that the Joes hear about and try to protect without getting caught.

Besides, eye-patch vs eye-patch just looks too obvious. I'm more curious about what Maj. Bludd will actually look and sound like.

firefly069
11-28-2010, 08:38 PM
hawk!

Saboteur
11-28-2010, 08:52 PM
Hawk is the first person that comes to mind.

kennywr22
11-28-2010, 08:55 PM
My guess would be Hawk as well.

kennywr22
11-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Hey general Hawk, i posted in the other thread about msn updating their episode 6 description.Sounds interesting.

G.I. Joe Renegades - 'Homecoming: Part 1' Episode Info - MSN TV (http://tv.msn.com/tv/episode.aspx?episode=d4201b57-d7e4-48b6-80cc-3171ef9103dd)

Hmheggins2000
11-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Mindbender he really brought too much attention to springfield. She wanted to bomb them back to the stone ages.

Trooper13
11-28-2010, 09:13 PM
I'm tempted to say Hawk. However, it may be something as simple as a political figure, or a reporter who's been poking their nose in their business after the Springfield incident. You never know with Cobra...

Saboteur
11-28-2010, 09:13 PM
If it does turn out to be Hawk, he will probably see what the Renegades are up against, convinced they were set up and give them his support.

Zefram
11-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Mindbender he really brought too much attention to springfield. She wanted to bomb them back to the stone ages.

Interesting theory, but I don't see CC sanctioning that when he's invested so much in Mindbender's research. Maybe behind his back...

kennywr22
11-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Maybe baroness finds our lady jaye is helping and wants her dead..not sure.

Zefram
11-28-2010, 09:56 PM
I'm going to call it right now and say it's not Hawk.

Cobra would want the army hunting the Joes down as well, and taking out the extremely competent guy in charge would be counterproductive unless the Joes actually did show him some kind of hard evidence and Cobra found out. I doubt that would happen so soon though, as the whole point of the series is to have as many people as possible out to get the heroes.

the odinson
11-28-2010, 10:02 PM
i hope it's mindbender, plausible or not. i'm already tired of him.

General Hawk
11-28-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm going to call it right now and say it's not Hawk.

Cobra would want the army hunting the Joes down as well, and taking out the extremely competent guy in charge would be counterproductive unless the Joes actually did show him some kind of hard evidence and Cobra found out. I doubt that would happen so soon though, as the whole point of the series is to have as many people as possible out to get the heroes.

That's kind of what I was thinking. My first thought was General Hawk, but then I was wondering the same thing. If he's after the Joes, then why go after him?

Unless... the Baroness puts a bullseye on his back and wants to frame the Joes for it?

Hmmm...

Justin

speedocub
11-28-2010, 10:05 PM
I agree, Hawk is the only one that makes any sense at this point. Brownie points for the Renegades!

Barefoot Jedi
11-28-2010, 10:41 PM
Wouldn't it be logical for the Baroness to send Bludd on the trail of Duke and the others?

Perhaps his main target is Scarlett? She is the one who seems to have dug up the most dirt on COBRA. Take her out, what do they have?

Zefram
11-28-2010, 10:44 PM
Wouldn't it be logical for the Baroness to send Bludd on the trail of Duke and the others?

Perhaps his main target is Scarlett? She is the one who seems to have dug up the most dirt on COBRA. Take her out, what do they have?

A very pissed-off Snake Eyes.

Barefoot Jedi
11-28-2010, 11:10 PM
A very pissed-off Snake Eyes.

Where's Foolproof with the rimshot?

Zefram
11-28-2010, 11:18 PM

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Random/i.jpg

Troynos
11-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Hawk

Or Flint.

Only logical choices.

She tries to make it look like it was the "renegades".

I think it's one of those two because they are suspicious of Cobra Industries and the Baroness.

MeLikeJinx
11-28-2010, 11:27 PM
She tries to make it look like it was the "renegades".
I think Major Blood will try and kill an important civilian like a politician or something, and yah... then they are going to try and blame the whole thing on the Joes... again. LOL.

Troynos
11-28-2010, 11:28 PM
I think Major Blood will try and kill an important civilian like a politician or something, and yah... then they are going to try and blame the whole thing on the Joes... again. LOL.

Naw, that's why I think it'll be Flint or Hawk.

A politician wouldn't make sense for the Renegades to hit. There's no connection of them to a political agenda. They're only wanted for the attack and the 1 death at Cobra Industries (which is Weems). It's a stretch to go for a politician.

But it makes sense for the Renegades to want to take out one of the two officers that are in charge of hunting them down.

dj7000
11-28-2010, 11:30 PM
He's going after mindbender. Take him outta the picture then detro comes in. Yea, i have no idea,lol, but that's my guess

Adamantite
11-29-2010, 12:48 AM
If it were up to me I'd be sending in Bludd to make sure Ripcord didn't survive, heh.

From what i've read here I like the idea of Scarlett being the target. It's a lot likelier that it will be Hawk though.

carion
11-29-2010, 01:48 AM
Bludd's target is the guy at Hasbro that canceled the 25th wave 5 vehicles.

The Comander realy wanted those Stinger's and Arctic Hiss tanks.

Gyre-Viper
11-29-2010, 01:52 AM
I say it's someone we don't know and it will introduce us and the "Joes" to the new character. a 2-for-1 introduction episode. that being said... if he tries to assassinate Scarlett because of her being nosy... that also makes sense.

Foolproof
11-29-2010, 01:55 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/ddr_hero/rimshot.jpg

I think Bludd will go after Duke and the others.

GeneralEagle
12-02-2010, 01:34 PM
i think the target is either a politican or Hawk

ArcticCG
12-02-2010, 01:47 PM
My money is on a Senator\Governor\Congress who is suspicious of Cobra. I'm sure that there are a few, Cobra has their hands in everything.

Professor Skull
12-02-2010, 02:33 PM
What if the target is the figure-head of Cobra industries? You know, the holographic public face of Cobra that the Commander plays to the public. Bludd tries to "kill" the leader of Cobra Industries as a frame up of Duke and the Renegades to allow Cobra to be more open in there efforts to "protect" the public.

donmagic
12-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Duke. The episode guide says so.

MFJayman
12-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Based on the Hub's episode 3 promo General Hawk posted, I was assuming the target would be that scientist-looking British guy they show. Thought maybe he was a Cobra defector with links to Scarlett.

But if the episode guide says Duke, well, alright.

SH0CKWAVE
12-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Gen Abernathy or Major Heldago

... or maybe Snake Eyes.

compactattitude
12-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Major Heldago, wasn't he the one who asked for more money from the Baroness? Guessing here since I've only seen clips on-line....

General Hawk
12-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Duke. The episode guide says so.

Which episode guide did you see this on?

Justin

SH0CKWAVE
12-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Which episode guide did you see this on?

Justin

i think he was reaching with that post.

im still guessing Abernathy, Heldago, or for some reason Snake Eyes... why SE, IDK. maybe because in episodes 4-5 we see the Arashikage connection, Jinx gets kidnapped, etc... but SE would be a long shot.

thinking in terms of story arc, i would guess the upper ranked General or Major would be targeted.

this way Hawk decides to band up with the Renegades and go after Cobra.

Trooper13
12-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Well hidalgo is dead, and Baroness knows it. Likely that will get pinned on the joes, too. So I doubt she'd take a hit out on him. HOWEVER, whoever the target is. Either the nerdy guy from that still, or Hawk, I bet she's going to try and make it look like it was the joes again.

Monkeywrench
12-03-2010, 01:35 PM
Well hidalgo is dead, and Baroness knows it. Likely that will get pinned on the joes, too. So I doubt she'd take a hit out on him. HOWEVER, whoever the target is. Either the nerdy guy from that still, or Hawk, I bet she's going to try and make it look like it was the joes again.

I think thats a given

SH0CKWAVE
12-03-2010, 01:35 PM
is it spelled Hidalgo? i thought it would be but it comes up as Heldago.

Trooper13
12-03-2010, 01:55 PM
I got no idea how it's spelled. lol I just know that he's dead, and Baroness knows it, so he won't be the target.

MFJayman
12-03-2010, 02:16 PM
I suppose if the target is the British scientist, and the Joes try to rescue him but he gets killed nonetheless, the Joes could be charged with the death. Even if they save him, the Joes could still perhaps be charged with kidnapping or something. Right?

MFJayman
12-03-2010, 02:19 PM
I've got one thing and one thing only to tell myself--just wait for the show, MFJayman!

BigFore
12-03-2010, 02:53 PM
My money is on Scarlett. Two things that make it play that way to me:

1. The scene with Hawk at the Cobra Industries when the Baroness spies on Hawk from the window and tells the people on the other side of the comm system to block all communication, AFTER she sees that it's Scarlett on the communicator for him.

2. She says to contact Major Bludd after the escaping Joes pass her in Flint's jeep.

SH0CKWAVE
12-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Scarlett is a good bet.

i guess i missed something with Hedalgo. thanks for the enlightenment, Tankers.

Trooper13
12-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Scarlett is a good bet.

i guess i missed something with Hedalgo. thanks for the enlightenment, Tankers.

It's the part where they almost go off the cliff. He's talking to the Baroness and she takes him out. it's sick.

General Hawk
12-03-2010, 03:08 PM
My money is on Scarlett. Two things that make it play that way to me:

1. The scene with Hawk at the Cobra Industries when the Baroness spies on Hawk from the window and tells the people on the other side of the comm system to block all communication, AFTER she sees that it's Scarlett on the communicator for him.

2. She says to contact Major Bludd after the escaping Joes pass her in Flint's jeep.

I don't remember her mentioning Bludd specifically, but in re-watching the episodes, it certainly seems like it might be the Joes she's calling a contract on. Her final speech is with Cobra Commander, and he tells her to deal with the "Renegade Soldiers"...

Justin

General Hawk
12-03-2010, 03:08 PM
It's the part where they almost go off the cliff. He's talking to the Baroness and she takes him out. it's sick.

That was a pretty surprising twist, for sure. Dude got disintegrated!

Justin

MFJayman
12-03-2010, 03:15 PM

Yeah, how are the Joes gonna explain that whole thing if they're caught. "I swear sir, we were riding in back and suddenly Hidalgo got vaporized! No sir, we didn't kill him, dump the body and steal the truck, he was VAPORIZED, I swear!" It's gonna be a hard sell.

Trooper13
12-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Yeah, how are the Joes gonna explain that whole thing if they're caught. "I swear sir, we were riding in back and suddenly Hidalgo got vaporized! No sir, we didn't kill him, dump the body and steal the truck, he was VAPORIZED, I swear!" It's gonna be a hard sell.

True, but no body no crime. So they'll be "suspects". If they frame them for an assassination that's a whole different ballgame. It's going to be pretty hard to find a place to hide then. You gotta figure, much like Wal-Mart, I'm sure Cobra Industries have their detractors. The Springfield locals didn't seem too happy with them. However, once the media starts putting out there that they are suspected in the disappearance of a military officer, that will make people alot less likely to take them in. Add to that the assassination, or attempted assassination of whoever the target is, if the Baroness tries to spin it that way, and they are going to find it very hard to find a port in the storm. Should make for some killer storytelling.

MFJayman
12-03-2010, 03:37 PM
True, but no body no crime. So they'll be "suspects". If they frame them for an assassination that's a whole different ballgame. It's going to be pretty hard to find a place to hide then. You gotta figure, much like Wal-Mart, I'm sure Cobra Industries have their detractors. The Springfield locals didn't seem too happy with them. However, once the media starts putting out there that they are suspected in the disappearance of a military officer, that will make people alot less likely to take them in. Add to that the assassination, or attempted assassination of whoever the target is, if the Baroness tries to spin it that way, and they are going to find it very hard to find a port in the storm. Should make for some killer storytelling.

Man, these Joes are really gonna be no match for Cobra, early on. Look at all the crimes they have already got the Joes pinned with, or suspected of committing. Just in 2 episodes. And of course they'll find some way to spin any assassination or attempted assassination on the Joes next episode, like you said. It is going to be a damn hard climb out of the hole for them. At least I hope.

Monkeywrench
12-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Well it looks like I was wrong about hawk. Don't know what to think about Breaker yet.

ksavelle
12-03-2010, 06:03 PM
the target is breaker or at least the guy who will become breaker

Echo7Solo
12-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Well it looks like I was wrong about hawk. Don't know what to think about Breaker yet.

I know what you mean. I'm not sure about Breaker yet. I mean the old part of me wants to hate him but I gotta admit, he wasn't that bad. I can't see him on a RAM riding into battle but if he will come in handy with the computer.