PDA

View Full Version : Figures First Attempt at Customs

Scorponok
11-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Hey everyone, I just got through doing some customs and I thought I'd share and maybe someone can let me know how I did and maybe offer some advice or criticism. Anyways I hope you all enjoy.

The parts used are POC Firefly, a 25th B.A.T., a POC Jungle Viper, and a POC Alley Viper.

I wanted to make filecards for them, but I don't know how. Anyways, the FF body with the Jungle Viper's camo I named Reaper. He's an Cobra urban sniper who is a match for Snake Eyes if it comes down to an up close knife fight. He builds coffins in his spare time and always makes sure his victims require a closed casket since he always goes for a head shot. Reaper is by far my favorite and I think I did a really good job on him seeing as it's my first time customizing any Joe's.

The POC Alley Viper/25th B.A.T. is a B.A.T. commander and he is basically a human brain and spinal cord implanted into a B.A.T. body. I swiped this idea from Gunzliger, I hope he doesn't mind.

Finally, the B.A.T. with POC Firefly's head is just an updated model of the original B.A.T. with more firepower and better tactics than previous versions.

kneroh
11-24-2010, 10:29 AM
They look great man! Welcome to wonderful of customizing!

Gundamben831
11-24-2010, 10:37 AM
i like your drybrushing skills, keep it up

Scorponok
11-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Thanks guys. I was really worried about messing up one of my POC Alley Vipers since they are so hard to come by here, but I'm really glad I did it and I really appreciate the support.

Does anyone see anything that should be changed or anything?

devildawg
11-24-2010, 10:55 AM
great work. keep it up man

kneroh
11-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Thanks guys. I was really worried about messing up one of my POC Alley Vipers since they are so hard to come by here, but I'm really glad I did it and I really appreciate the support.

Does anyone see anything that should be changed or anything?

Since you asked, you might want to widen your color pallet a little bit. You'd be amazed how a figure can go from good to great with just a little use of color to make certain details pop.

And yes I realize the irony in me saying this... the guy who pretty much only paints in black, gold and red.

Scorponok
11-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Since you asked, you might want to widen your color pallet a little bit. You'd be amazed how a figure can go from good to great with just a little use of color to make certain details pop.

And yes I realize the irony in me saying this... the guy who pretty much only paints in black, gold and red.

Thank you for that, criticism to me, shows that you really took the time to look at what I did and honestly telling me how you think I can improve. That means a lot to me. I will try to do it in future projects, this one however I was kinda going for a darker feel, but I totally see what you mean.

ocab27
11-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Awesome first set, keep um coming !!

EduardimusPrime
11-24-2010, 11:44 AM
That some nice work! Stay creative and your customs will only get better.

D00MTR0N
11-24-2010, 11:45 AM
they look very cool,the drybrushing work is awesome,nice job

lance858a
11-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Looks awesome dude. You've got the skills and the eye for cool designs and parts choice. Keep it up, can't wait to see more.

Scorponok
11-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Thanks again for all the encouragement, it means a great deal to me that you like what I did.

Looks awesome dude. You've got the skills and the eye for cool designs and parts choice. Keep it up, can't wait to see more.

Again, thank you man. And let me just say that I'm a big fan of your Rebel Angel series. Especially the Firefly and all the mecha.

State Trooper
11-25-2010, 08:16 AM
Nice work, especially for a first stab at customizing!

Scorponok
11-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Thanks again guys! Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!

Foolproof
11-26-2010, 12:11 AM
The BAT with POC Firefly's helmet is my favorite. The headsculpt looks like it was made for the figure, and you painted it to suit. Really, really cool.

camper
11-26-2010, 12:20 AM
I like your brush work.

Scorponok
11-26-2010, 01:02 AM
The BAT with POC Firefly's helmet is my favorite. The headsculpt looks like it was made for the figure, and you painted it to suit. Really, really cool.

lol, I thought that would be the least favorite actually. The head sculpt when on Firefly looks really off to me, but I'm really glad you dig it.

I like your brush work.

Thank you. I read up a lot on Jin Satomi's customs, as well as Frenzy_Rumble from TFW2005.com, plus many others like TTT and so forth. I actually wanted to do custom Transformers, but I think I have much better luck on GI Joe's.

Inggasson
11-28-2010, 11:08 PM
really dig the weathering on the AV/BAT

swan
11-29-2010, 08:29 AM
awesome!!

Redredly
11-29-2010, 09:27 AM
those are sweet, really like the paint apps

Tankster
11-29-2010, 10:17 AM
excellant start brother keep up the work and feel free anytime to hit other guys up with questions most of us will be happy to assist!

CobraRebellion
11-29-2010, 11:31 AM
They look really really great man! Keep it up!