PDA

View Full Version : Joes that Zartan impersonated

arvydas
11-10-2010, 03:33 PM
OK - here's one that stumped me:

In the Sunbow cartoon, I remember Zartan impersonating certain nameless generals (Weather Dominator, Pyramid of Darkness) but never any Joes.

Does anyone know if Zartan actually put on a GI Joe disguise in the Sunbow cartoons? My memory might be failing me...

TTT
11-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Ripcord.

Freedom
11-10-2010, 04:01 PM
In the cartoon, I don't think he did.
The funny thing about the cartoon, is when any Cobra impersonated anybody, they always had all their gear on under the disguise. Zartan's cowl was a little believable, but The Baroness always had her glasses on under her disguises, and Cobra Troopers even had their masks and helmets on under theirs.

In the comic Zartan impersonated Hawk, Ripcord, Gung-Ho, and ?.

Also a bus driver and The Blind Master.

BigFore
11-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I don't think any of the Cobras ever impersonated any of the Joes; however, there was an episode that Lady Jaye impersonated the Baroness.

Zefram
11-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Might I add, let's hear it for Ripcord and Lt Stone. They impersonated Zartan! Rip in the comic and Stone's S6 figure actually came with a Zartan mask.

Shogi
11-10-2010, 05:44 PM
I've only checked the first 13 episodes (not counting the first 2 mini series) but in those first 13, Zartan disguised himself as only two named GI Joe or Cobra characters:

Col. Sharpe
Hooded Cobra Commander

arvydas
11-10-2010, 06:13 PM
I've only checked the first 13 episodes (not counting the first 2 mini series) but in those first 13, Zartan disguised himself as only two named GI Joe or Cobra characters:

Col. Sharpe
Hooded Cobra Commander

I knew about Sharpe, but I never knew he donned a CC hood.

SparkyMan
11-10-2010, 06:20 PM

He does that just to mock destro, as then they both see CC. It was in " Countdown For Zartan"

Trooper13
11-10-2010, 06:21 PM

That episode was just on the Hub the other day. It was funny. Destro was smacktalking Zartan, thinking he was talking to CC. Turns out it was Zartan. I was so easily amused as a kid.

RolandofGilead
11-10-2010, 06:29 PM
In the comics I seem to recall Zartan changing into Hawk, Rip Cord, Doc, and Snake Eyes and Gung Ho in his attempt to escape from the PIT.

arvydas
11-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Seems like Baroness and Lady Jaye were in more disguises than out resident Cobra Chameleon...

The Delta
11-11-2010, 10:12 PM
how can anyone not remember the "once upon a joe" episode?zartan impersonated shipwreck to recover the mcguffin device and ended up telling his version of shipwrecks story to the orphans.

Beckley
11-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Might I add, let's hear it for Ripcord and Lt Stone. They impersonated Zartan! Rip in the comic and Stone's S6 figure actually came with a Zartan mask.

Let's not forget Agent Faces.
He too donned the Zartan Hood.

Lantern_Lad
11-11-2010, 11:15 PM
In the cartoon, I don't recall...

But I'm pretty sure I remember seeing Baroness impersonate Lady Jaye. Could be wrong though... it's been a while since I've watched my Sunbow DVD's.

dmizrok
11-12-2010, 03:16 AM
In the comics I seem to recall Zartan changing into Hawk, Rip Cord, Doc, and Snake Eyes and Gung Ho in his attempt to escape from the PIT.

also Sgt Slaughter and Tripwire...same issue...
And Storm Shadow, when he offed his uncle...

takedown
11-14-2010, 07:40 AM
how can anyone not remember the "once upon a joe" episode?zartan impersonated shipwreck to recover the mcguffin device and ended up telling his version of shipwrecks story to the orphans.

This is what Combat Heroes should have started out as, A "Once upon a Joe" combat heroes release of every character on that episode. Would have sold much better and we would have gotten

Shipshape...

arvydas
11-15-2010, 02:14 AM

Yes! You are right! Forgot about that goofy episode.