PDA

View Full Version : Renegades will be offered in POC line?

Ricardogasjr
10-22-2010, 06:22 PM
I read right now at TNI the new Hasbro Q&A Session and one answer was very strange but very nice.
Hasbro Q&A Session With The G.I.Joe Brand Team - GI Joe - ToyNewsI.com (http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=16504)

Hasbro answered that Renegades will be offered in the Pursuit of Cobra line and will have the highly-detailed, realistic look of the line.

So POC will not be dead after Wave 4 as Hasbro told us before? Hasbro changed their mind and will continue with POC?

USAgent
10-22-2010, 06:24 PM
dang. i was still holding out hope for a more animated look. but this ought to make most fans super happy :) thanks for the Q&A update!

rfarrell22
10-22-2010, 06:25 PM
sweet

RenHoek
10-22-2010, 06:25 PM
No, it's going to be dead after Wave 4, unless a miracle happens and Hasbro has 2 GI Joe lines at once, but that's highly improbable.

Steelgrave
10-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Good. I was expecting Hasbro to do to GI Joe what they did to Transformers:Animated & Star Wars:Clone Wars. I prefer the realistic look.

kennywr22
10-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Ok that answer is strange. I'm pretty positive the renegades toys are animated looking... I'm confused now..and a little disappointed.

arashikage tat
10-22-2010, 06:35 PM
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I think that is very good news, I'm pretty excited about that

USAgent
10-22-2010, 06:38 PM
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I think that is very good news, I'm pretty excited about that

Most I've heard here is that a majority of tankers want realistsic looking Renegades figures, I think there are only a few of us that were hoping for something more animated and a little different than what we already have...

Syn3sthesia
10-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Watcha talking about Hbro? GI JOE is dead now. Nothing but W2...

blackman2005
10-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Nope they didn't answer the question as usual.

The Hasbro rep said that Renegades toys will be made available in Fall 2011. They also said that the "figures" will be offered in the PoC line and will feature realistic styling. No mention of them both being the same or running side by side in retail.....

MAJOR BLOOD
10-22-2010, 06:47 PM

Hell no you aren't. I'll be stoked for them if they keep up a realistic look. I just don't know how well that will work for kids though. Do they want more cartoonish looking figures or realistic ones?

USAgent
10-22-2010, 06:47 PM

The Hasbro rep said that Renegades toys will be made available in Fall 2011. They also said that the PoC will feature realistic styling. No mention of them both being the same or running side by side in retail.....

Is this not an official Hasbro answer or has it been altered/edited?

"product inspired by characters and themes from the upcoming G.I. Joe Renegades series on the Hub will be available in Fall 2011. The figures will be offered in the Pursuit of Cobra line and will have the highly-detailed, realistic look of the line."

arashikage tat
10-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Not to derail the topic, but when are we supposed to get our answers from the big H

Ricardogasjr
10-22-2010, 06:52 PM

The Hasbro rep said that Renegades toys will be made available in Fall 2011. They also said that the "figures" will be offered in the PoC line and will feature realistic styling. No mention of them both being the same or running side by side in retail.....

I undestand that this time it was very clear: they said that the figures (Renegade Figures) will be offered in the POC line. No side by side lines, but Renegades will be under the POC line.

Griff
10-22-2010, 07:29 PM
if renegades looks realistic and is priced decently )7 bucks or under) then im all in. if renegades figs are that shitty animated look like sw clone wars and are over 7 bucks im out.

Xenos
10-22-2010, 07:34 PM
That was one of the most straightforward answers I've ever seen them give. I sure hope that it proves to be true. Great news.

CobraResolute
10-22-2010, 07:40 PM
NO. The question was misunderstood and mis-answered by Hasbro...not an uncommon thing with these Q&As. The Renegades line is an entirely SEPARATE line from POC and are NOT realistic styling. Renegades toys will be available Fall 2011 with a current August 1st street date. By this point POC will be finished and the shelves cleared to make way for Renegades.

blackman2005
10-22-2010, 07:41 PM
I undestand that this time it was very clear: they said that the figures (Renegade Figures) will be offered in the POC line. No side by side lines, but Renegades will be under the POC line.

Being that Renegades will be the major focus of 2011 and will run even into 2012 with RoC Pt.II movie toys, I doubt that they would place them in PoC packaging. Since they are being too tight lipped with PoC's continuation; I am doubtful that the line itself is strong enough to carry figures dedicated to a cartoon that will offer figures that are mainly recognizable to children. Since PoC is a collector's line how are they going to fit in the vehicles and several more versions of another version of Duke and SE? They don't want to confuse consumers but are doing this? Not likely....

EduardimusPrime
10-22-2010, 07:41 PM

That's exactly what I took from the response too. I'm both excited and sad at the same time. Excited to buy more joe stuff :)... And sad for my bank account. :(

Gyre-Viper
10-22-2010, 07:42 PM
sounds crucial.

Griff
10-22-2010, 07:44 PM
i hope hasbro doesnt make them impreportionate clone wars style. some may buy them but i really dont see it taking off. The realistic style is what the majority of fans want to see so i hope hasbro keeps that in mind and more people want realisitc styled figures.

Gun-Haver
10-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Ha! I knew it, I was telling one of my friends just the other day this might, happen, best Joe news since the whole Renegades thing started in my opinion. Long live POC!

Gun-Haver
10-22-2010, 07:47 PM
sounds crucial.

Oh yes... crucial indeed

CobraResolute
Due to the improved sales POC MAY get a Wave 5 to wrap up some unused/unreleased figures (i.e. Jungle CC, City Strike Scarlett, Jungle Storm Shadow..etc.) that Hasbro cuts molds for. Hasbro still wants some sort of GIJOE presence in the stores from the release of Wave 4 in Jan 2011 until Aug 2011 so this may happen.

Renegades is being pushed/geared for kids (and collectors). Animated styling for kids, with the articulation and accessories for collectors and is a SEPARATE marketed line with all new packaging/logos.

I understand the need to keep information about a line that won't debut until ToyFair in Feb but half answered misread questions do nothing but spread misinformation and confusion.

Gun-Haver
NO. The question was misunderstood and mis-answered by Hasbro...not an uncommon thing with these Q&As. The Renegades line is an entirely SEPARATE line from POC and are NOT realistic styling. Renegades toys will be available Fall 2011 with a current August 1st street date. By this point POC will be finished and the shelves cleared to make way for Renegades.

And um... you know this how?

Mermaniel
10-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Oh yes... crucial indeed

crucial is key!

CobraResolute
10-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Renegades is the major focus for 2011 and beyond and will run alongside the movie sequel if/when it happens. There are also some plans to celebrate the 30th Anniversary as well but considering the full plate ahead it will not be major as the GIJOE brand is not (currently) strong enough to handle 3 lines.

Gun-Haver
10-22-2010, 07:57 PM
And HERE is even more proof and clarification that Renegades will be just a part of POC and in the realistic style

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/hasbro%E2%80%99s-gi-joe-qa-answers-for-october-2010

CobraResolute
10-22-2010, 08:02 PM
That response answers nothing and really provides no real detail or concrete information. They are not going to reveal any detailed/specific info for a line that is almost a year away and not debut until Feb.

mister-x
10-22-2010, 08:07 PM
your not alone A-TAT

good news too me, i just hope the whole line doesnt end...
wave2 is clogging EVERYWHERE

Gyre-Viper
10-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Don't get me wrong.... I was looking forward to an animated line as long as it wasn't too Justice League etc. I do enjoy animation-accurate toys...
however, GI Joe is a different animal than most other toy lines... so I think it's more sensitive to change. I honestly think it takes a lot more to make a successful Joe toy than any other line because of that sensitivity and because it's history is rooted in being a zeitgeist of the 80's and also because
Joe fans are impossible to please heheheh.

Tanksmasher
10-22-2010, 08:16 PM
It sounds like the there will still be just one line titled POC with possibly more figures like we've been getting, along with Renegades figures. They already did this with ROC and partly with the current POC: we got ROC movie figs with Resolute-inspired and actual Resolute figs along with comic figs (Helix) and even ARAH-inspired figs (Low-Light). It's just going to be one motley line under the POC brand--that's the logical way to push the product. The most bang for your marketing. No need to create two separate Joe lines that might divide the consumer base. It also makes "cost-efficient" sense that they wouldn't change the mold styling to reflect the animated look.

arashikage tat
10-22-2010, 08:23 PM
sounds crucial.

Gary, I really think it's about time you start becoming part of the solution!!! :D

Gyre-Viper
10-22-2010, 08:26 PM
Gary, I really think it's about time you start becoming part of the solution!!! :D

I had the worst Chinese food this evening.

Force 21
10-22-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm confused.

ChaplainAsst
10-22-2010, 08:34 PM
That response answers nothing and really provides no real detail or concrete information. They are not going to reveal any detailed/specific info for a line that is almost a year away and not debut until Feb.

So, are you so invested in your opinion or belief that Renegades is going to be a seperate line that you refuse to accept any other official word that condradicts this? I mean, sure, they have made mistakes, but if you read the first and last answers, there is an unusually detailed and specific response - which typically means they didn't try to dodge the question but had something they definitey wanted to share. Read the response question and response again - they VOLUNTEERED that it would be in PoC. They stated it would be realistic. They even went so far that the animation would not force the toy designs but rather inspire them. Unless you have condradictory info, I would think this is enough to change your opinion/belief.

kolobosrexx
10-22-2010, 08:36 PM
"Q1) Now that we’ve seen the GI Joe Renegade character designs/promos/trailers, can you tell us if the figures (assuming there are figures coming eventually) will be sculpted to match these designs? I don’t mean just in terms of design, but in terms of artistic esthetic as well. The Renegade designs are very streamlined and, in some ways, exaggerated (big baggy pants, tiny ankles on Snake Eyes, etc). Will these cues be carried into the sculpts?
A1) We are working very hard to make sure that we continue to produce figures that appeal to our fans while taking cues from the new Renegades series. While the G.I. Joe figures will be inspired and influenced by the characters and themes in the upcoming G.I. Joe Renegades series, it will not be the defining design or artistic aesthetic."
- From AFI

...That sounds pretty particular to me!

ChaplainAsst
10-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Don't get me wrong.... I was looking forward to an animated line as long as it wasn't too Justice League etc. I do enjoy animation-accurate toys...
however, GI Joe is a different animal than most other toy lines... so I think it's more sensitive to change. I honestly think it takes a lot more to make a successful Joe toy than any other line because of that sensitivity and because it's history is rooted in being a zeitgeist of the 80's and also because
Joe fans are impossible to please heheheh.

I agree, Gary. This line is far more tenuous than Star Wars or even TF. I'm glad to see them handle it a little bit more with kids gloves.

Gun-Haver
10-22-2010, 08:41 PM
So, are you so invested in your opinion or belief that Renegades is going to be a seperate line that you refuse to accept any other official word that condradicts this? I mean, sure, they have made mistakes, but if you read the first and last answers, there is an unusually detailed and specific response - which typically means they didn't try to dodge the question but had something they definitey wanted to share. Read the response question and response again - they VOLUNTEERED that it would be in PoC. They stated it would be realistic. They even went so far that the animation would not force the toy designs but rather inspire them. Unless you have condradictory info, I would think this is enough to change your opinion/belief.

THANK YOU! Sometimes people just won't accept the obvious...

arashikage tat
10-22-2010, 08:43 PM

Word!

THANK YOU! Sometimes people just won't accept the obvious...

Double Word!

ChaplainAsst
10-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Just read some of the answers to questions around the web - easily the best, most informative responses to Joe questions ever. Besides renegades, two great bits of info: 1) SE will have BOTH heads for wave 3. 2) They are admitting that they have overdone it with SS, SE, and other figures that are peg-warming. I don't think they have ever admitted something like this before.

dgnr82
10-22-2010, 08:51 PM
great,...just when I thought I was gonna be able to stop buying figures and enjoy what I have even more,..this news comes out. There goes my bank account......................again.

mattymatt
10-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Am i they only one that sees that the wave 4 duke for poc looks almost exactly like the stills of renegades duke that we have been seeing and that the shock troopers are the same ones seen being sliced and diced by snake eyes in the promo trailer for the hub. i think thats whats hasbro meant i think we will see these few figs from POC that are really Renegades figs and possibly some of the unreleased POC stuff will work its way to the renegades line

kennywr22
10-22-2010, 08:53 PM
great, so we can get more dukes, cc's, se, in the same poc vain. I so want these to be animated style. Time for something different, and something kids will want. I hope hasbro didn't chicken out and not go the animated route due to collectors voices. I don't want to see more reused poc parts for these new designs. That will suck.

Gyre-Viper
10-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Originally Hasbro eluded to an animated line. This was before POC hit the shelves. Even I was convinced the line would be animated which is why I stood by my belief that maybe we could swing two Joe lines. Mostly I just didn't want POC to end. It seemed to appeal to a very large percentage of the community. People who claimed they'd never buy modern era figures are constantly complimenting the line. That sort of thing. And as aforementioned in this thread... I personally would have been happy with an animated line... to an extent. Anything can change in GI JOE at the drop of a helmet... we know this. It's unstable and sometimes that's why we get so heated on the boards.

Trooper13
10-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Ya know, I called BS on the animated thing allloooonnnnggg time ago when we saw PoC Wave 3 Duke. While the Renegades "subline" might use a different headsculpt, I truly believe that this is the Renegades Duke we will get in terms of body, and likely gear.

However, CobraResolute swore up and down that we were getting full blown, CW style figures. I wanna know HOW he claims to KNOW this? What was his source, or does he have first hand knowledge, and if he does, has Hasbro shifted gears midstream? If so, what brought it about?

Hasbro has now come out and said that we will be getting Renegades within "PoC", and to be honest I believe that the sequel line, and maybe even the 30th lines might also be "sublines". Just like Resolute was. A line existing within the 25th/ME releases.

I couldn't see Hasbro walking away from all they've accomplished in terms of figure design with this line. This line is, IMO, the future of real ACTION figures, in this scale. If they keep evolving at this rate, by the time the 30th Anniversary hits, if the cartoon, and movie are done well, Joe will be poised to have a new golden era.

Tanksmasher
10-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Am i they only one that sees that the wave 4 duke for poc looks almost exactly like the stills of renegades duke that we have been seeing and that the shock troopers are the same ones seen being sliced and diced by snake eyes in the promo trailer for the hub. i think thats whats hasbro meant i think we will see these few figs from POC that are really Renegades figs and possibly some of the unreleased POC stuff will work its way to the renegades line
That's exactly what I thought too. That Duke looks way too much like the Renegades version.

CobraResolute
10-22-2010, 09:05 PM
Unwillingness to accept other opinions is a sign of ignorance....which is something I am not.

But yeah...you're right... WHY should I stick my neck out to try and provide info. I'm not employed in Hasbro's PR division and it is really not my place to provide details on things I've seen where it's neither warranted nor wanted.

Gyre-Viper
10-22-2010, 09:06 PM
great, so we can get more dukes, cc's, se, in the same poc vain. I so want these to be animated style. Time for something different, and something kids will want. I hope hasbro didn't chicken out and not go the animated route due to collectors voices. I don't want to see more reused poc parts for these new designs. That will suck.

To be honest POC is so particular with the themes that I don't know how much they could reuse.

I too was looking forward to some animated bits and I'm hoping we get a Bio-Viper out of all this.

Tanksmasher
10-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Unwillingness to accept other opinions is a sign of ignorance....which is something I am not.

But yeah...you're right... WHY should I stick my neck out to try and provide info. I'm not employed in Hasbro's PR division and it is really not my place to provide details on things I've seen where it's neither warranted nor wanted.
Actually, wouldn't making a claim without some evidence to substantiate it be an act of ignorance?

Trooper13
10-22-2010, 09:08 PM
It sounds like the there will still be just one line titled POC with possibly more figures like we've been getting, along with Renegades figures. They already did this with ROC and partly with the current POC: we got ROC movie figs with Resolute-inspired and actual Resolute figs along with comic figs (Helix) and even ARAH-inspired figs (Low-Light). It's just going to be one motley line under the POC brand--that's the logical way to push the product. The most bang for your marketing. No need to create two separate Joe lines that might divide the consumer base. It also makes "cost-efficient" sense that they wouldn't change the mold styling to reflect the animated look.

Exactly, these figures are win, and they manage to utilize 25th, ME, Resolute, and RoC parts. To suddenly drop this for a whole new style would leave them with tons of parts that would be unusable when the cartoon ends. That would be possibly one of the stupidest moves they could make.

Trooper13
10-22-2010, 09:12 PM

Right, but you actually stated that you knew for a FACT that we were getting the full blown CW treatment, not that it was your opinion. You told everyone who posited that they'd try to find a balance between PoC and the toon that they were flat out wrong. I'm just wondering how you came about that knowledge. Also, if that knowledge was accurate at the time, why isn't that the case now, and what happened to change it?

CobraResolute
10-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Actually, wouldn't making a claim without some evidence to substantiate it be an act of ignorance?

Goading me into a petty dispute won't work. I've tried to provide whatever info I felt safe in doing...I've got too much to lose otherwise. I won't take any further risks....

kennywr22
10-22-2010, 09:23 PM
Using the idea that they wouldn't change style because of parts to be reused later isn't really a valid reason to not go a different route and take a chance. I'm sure if Hasbro created a line of Joe's that sold anywhere near what clone wars does they wouldn't be to concerned about parts after the toon was over. I still pray cobra resolute is correct.

D00MTR0N
10-22-2010, 09:35 PM
what are they going to fill the stores with until fall of 2011?

Shin Densetsu
10-22-2010, 09:36 PM
Ok that answer is strange. I'm pretty positive the renegades toys are animated looking... I'm confused now..and a little disappointed.

If the answer is not truly indicative of how the line will be, they should clarify quick because if not, there is going to be rampant bitching from fans who got their hopes up. I was surprised to hear that the Renegades stuff will be realistic.

Steelgrave
10-22-2010, 09:41 PM
2) They are admitting that they have overdone it with SS, SE, and other figures that are peg-warming. I don't think they have ever admitted something like this before.

HOLE-EEEEEEEE-SHEEEEE-YIT!!!!!!!!

Can it be? I mean can it really be possible? Doesn't seem possible. IF it's true that's the best freakin Joe news ever!

CobraResolute
10-22-2010, 09:46 PM
what are they going to fill the stores with until fall of 2011?

They answered the question (just as I've said in the past!) right on this site. Since sales of POC have been very possible, they are working on trying to fit at least one (or more) wave(s) of POC in the timeframe between W4 POC in Jan 2011 until Renegades launches in Aug 2011. 7 months is a long time without new product so they are going to squeeze out at least one more wave. We should be seeing the Jungle CC, City Strike Scarlett, Jungle Storm Shadow - which have been so far unreleased ..and a few others.

kennywr22
10-22-2010, 09:49 PM
I'm shocked shin! I fully believe these figures to be animated style and you know I still think they will be. Think about it. They said we will see renegades in the poc line. Ok so the Duke and some others they may pass off as renegades style. Then poc officially ends and bam, full new animated style line for renegades in August.. man I hope""

mattymatt
10-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Ok thats it cant we just be freakin happy that were even getting any joe product or does no one remember the crappy times in the late 90s. I think we wil really have to wait until febuary of next year and the ny toyfare to really see what the future holds, unless gyre has his chinese factory sources sending him new products

OpusJoe
10-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Very happy to hear that this aging collector will keep on collecting

Steelgrave
10-22-2010, 09:51 PM
W4 POC in Jan 2011 until Renegades launches in Aug 2011.

So I was right! They are going to start totally skipping the entire year & only concentrate on the holiday season. Like they did this year. Nothing all year & then everything crammed into the last 5 months. I figured as much.

Black Swan
10-22-2010, 09:56 PM
We should be seeing the Jungle CC, City Strike Scarlett, Jungle Storm Shadow - which have been so far unreleased ..and a few others.

If these are made and hit the pegs next year I will be very happy.:)

CobraResolute
10-22-2010, 09:59 PM
So I was right! They are going to start totally skipping the entire year & only concentrate on the holiday season. Like they did this year. Nothing all year & then everything crammed into the last 5 months. I figured as much.

These are unfortunate and all too common breaks that are occurring in the toy industry...especially when it involves the launch of new product. August has become the fall launching point for new lines leading into the 4th quarter holiday season. The break in between is to clean the warehouses/shelves of old product to make way for the new so theres no overlapping to confuse the consumer.

I think it is a huge mistake to launch and hype a new TV channel, a new cartoon but yet wait almost a year before releasing products for what you are advertising. Unless Renegades really takes off, it could well be forgotten by the main target audience (kids) before it even hits the shelves. Too big of a risk.

However, a lot of thought and effort has gone into the Renegades line so I hope it all pays off with sales.

xSwamiJayx
10-23-2010, 12:07 AM

I don't know how you can come to this conclusion based upon the answers given. I'm paraphrasing, but they said, in multiple answers, that the Renegades toys will be offered in the POC line. They said that. Multiple places. How can you claim otherwise?

That said, I don't care either way. Joes is Joes in my book. As long as they look cool, they have a place on my shelf.

sounds crucial.

For the mfing WIN!

Cloud Strife
10-23-2010, 12:40 AM
This is excellent news! No way was I going to buy animated style Joes. It seems they're going to handle it much like they did the Resolute Joes, similar designs, just more realistic. Nice!

Shin Densetsu
10-23-2010, 12:48 AM
Due to the improved sales POC MAY get a Wave 5 to wrap up some unused/unreleased figures (i.e. Jungle CC, City Strike Scarlett, Jungle Storm Shadow..etc.) that Hasbro cuts molds for. Hasbro still wants some sort of GIJOE presence in the stores from the release of Wave 4 in Jan 2011 until Aug 2011 so this may happen.

Renegades is being pushed/geared for kids (and collectors). Animated styling for kids, with the articulation and accessories for collectors and is a SEPARATE marketed line with all new packaging/logos.

I understand the need to keep information about a line that won't debut until ToyFair in Feb but half answered misread questions do nothing but spread misinformation and confusion.

DEFINITELY AGREE. Misinformation does nothing but hurt sales potential.

As for Renegades, the toyline really comes off as the GI Joe version of Transformers ANIMATED. TF ANIMATED was a great line that I enjoy til this day. Will I be able to stomach the styalized designs of GI Joe in toy form? Maybe.

And um... you know this how?

CobraResolute's info is legit, I knew some of it before he posted, but since he posted publicly in this thread, I can vouch for him. However, we have to take into account, with GI Joe, sometimes Hasbro makes decisions/changes quick, so while somethings stated were true at one point, changes could have been made since then. I guess we'll all find out at Toy Fair.

They are admitting that they have overdone it with SS, SE, and other figures that are peg-warming. I don't think they have ever admitted something like this before.

Don't get your hopes up man, they basically admitted something we all already knew. To us, that seems big, but in the greater scope of things, that was an incredibly easy thing for them to admit.

I'm of the opinion that fans will speculate even in the face of truth, but nonetheless I think it's great that you have posted the tidbits of info that you could.

They answered the question (just as I've said in the past!) right on this site. Since sales of POC have been very possible, they are working on trying to fit at least one (or more) wave(s) of POC in the timeframe between W4 POC in Jan 2011 until Renegades launches in Aug 2011. 7 months is a long time without new product so they are going to squeeze out at least one more wave. We should be seeing the Jungle CC, City Strike Scarlett, Jungle Storm Shadow - which have been so far unreleased ..and a few others.

I hope Jungle Storm Shadow has a painted shirt this time. Either way that was a BAD ASS rendition of Storm Shadow. Who would win, Shadow Tracker/Predator or Storm Shadow?

I'm shocked shin! I fully believe these figures to be animated style and you know I still think they will be. Think about it. They said we will see renegades in the poc line. Ok so the Duke and some others they may pass off as renegades style. Then poc officially ends and bam, full new animated style line for renegades in August.. man I hope""

I haven't really heard anything to the contrary until today. We'll see in February.

sithewok
10-23-2010, 01:09 AM

Not to be a jerk, honestly, but you have been wrong recently (saying that the 25th Dial-Tone would be coming in an internet exclusive multi-pack a couple of weeks before he was announced as the club figure). Isn't it possible that Hasbro's plans have changed drastically since you were privy to inside info? From the tone of these answers, it sounds like a lot about the Joe line in general was up in the air until recently and the success of POC so far has caused them to lean in the realistic direction.

Personally, I am hoping that there is not an animated line though if the realistic line continued alongside it, I would not mind whatsoever.

Regardless, I'm glad to hear that the POC line will be continuing for a little bit longer at least.

Griff
10-23-2010, 01:12 AM
I hope hasbro doesnt pulla 180 on us by telling us that the renegades line will look realistic and then say oh well we changed our minds. they did the same thing with clone wars but at the same token that style was mandated by lucasfilm. hopefully since joe is an in house product they wont be bs'ing us.

CrimsonGuard101
10-23-2010, 01:14 AM
Until they actually card them and get them on the shelf I thin kits a bunch of hooey. Why? PoC is the pursuit of cobra...not cobra persuign the joe renegades..story does not jivetalk...so if anything POC will continue udner the Regenades flag. Somone had posted that the sylization will translate over too the Renegades figures so well have to see what the show at toy fair 2011. SHoul dput it to bed really quick. Also have to consider that POC has no media tie in lik Renegades will.

However the duke and Shock troopers in POC wave 4 could be promising if thats the Regenades throw ins under the POC titles until POC is obsoleted/cancelled for Renegades. I can handle the way those look for POC...anythign more stylized will not join my collection...and my wallet will scream relief...

Shin Densetsu
10-23-2010, 01:17 AM
I hope hasbro doesnt pulla 180 on us by telling us that the renegades line will look realistic and then say oh well we changed our minds. they did the same thing with clone wars but at the same token that style was mandated by lucasfilm. hopefully since joe is an in house product they wont be bs'ing us.

It would be beneficial to Hasbro if they update soon with any clarification/elaboration. Things with GI Joe do change on a fast basis, at least they have in the past.

compactattitude
10-23-2010, 03:03 AM
Has anyone just point blank asked during a Q&A what style these new figures will be in?

I just think it would put alot of rumors to rest.

Just please tell us are they the current design or will they be in a more CW style. It's not giving anything important away in just clearing this up maybe some one in the PR dept could shed some light on this?

Gothiczartan
10-23-2010, 03:45 AM
let's hope the new figures have the modern military realistic look similar like the POC figures when the Renegade line shows up.

I want to see more new figures for POC to Renegade line

Blowtorch
Airtight
Mutt and Junkyard
Torpedo
Alpine
Footloose
Mainframe
Jinx (could it be the one wearing a invisible suit in the gi joe ROC movie?)
the Dreadnoks
Tomax and Xamot
Tunnel Rat
Chuckles
Rock and Roll
Grunt
Steeler
Lifeline
Sci-Fi
Deep Six (inspired from the Hearts & Mind comic book series)
Big Boa
Stalker
Flint
Roadblock
Outback
Ace

Black Swan
10-23-2010, 04:23 AM
Has anyone just point blank asked during a Q&A what style these new figures will be in?

I just think it would put alot of rumors to rest.

Just please tell us are they the current design or will they be in a more CW style. It's not giving anything important away in just clearing this up maybe some one in the PR dept could shed some light on this?

Rumours???
What rumors?I think Hasbro likes being a tease about these things.Maybe at the NY Toy Fair there will be some answers regarding specifics.jy

ChaplainAsst
10-23-2010, 06:56 AM
Don't get your hopes up man, they basically admitted something we all already knew. To us, that seems big, but in the greater scope of things, that was an incredibly easy thing for them to admit.

Not getting hopes up. Just glad to see them admit it - technically, this falls into the "out of bounds" area of questions so it was at least gracious for them to say, "Yeah, we may have gone too far, and are looking into not doing that again." I'm sure we will still get SE in Renegades form - but one can only hope that we won't get a new outfit in every wave!

I am surprised, though, that CobraResolute is carrying so much water with you. It sounds like something changed since his last info. It also sounds like Hasbro was VERY excited to release that Renegades would be offered in the POC line. Neither sounds like a mistake. But it has been correctly said, things change quickly at Hasbro - but I would think that they would have things set in stone to get production rolling by now. At some point, a decision is made and it is stuck with. At the same time, to give CobraResolute some credit, I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Gyre showing pictures of animated pre-production samples or even a flood of cartoon style figures hitting ebay.

CobraResolute
10-23-2010, 09:01 AM
Not to be a jerk, honestly, but you have been wrong recently (saying that the 25th Dial-Tone would be coming in an internet exclusive multi-pack a couple of weeks before he was announced as the club figure). Isn't it possible that Hasbro's plans have changed drastically since you were privy to inside info?

I never said that 25th Dial-Tone would be coming as an internet exclusive multi-pack. Hasbro recently announced that they would be re-releasing Sgt. Slaughter in a multi-pack next year which will include other figures. I stated that this is where you would end up seeing a few of the unreleased 25th figures like Dial-Tone, Leatherneck...etc. I did not specifically say what figures will come in the packs yet as it wasn't finalized back when discussed.

In the toy industry, plans change daily and sometimes drastically. I would be very surprised if they changed so drastically based on what I have seen. I will say that two sets of prototypes were commissioned for the first wave of Renegades. One set was very stylized animated looking but with super articulation and the other was a bit more of a hybrid style still maintaining an animated look but with slightly more realism to it proportion wise. However again both with super articulation and lots of accessories. I prefer the animated ones and it is my understanding as of recently that this is what they are going with.

I will still maintain that Renegades is a separate line from POC - marketed and sold under it's own logo and package design. I still believe that the question was misread by Hasbro (or this is what they chose to volunteer)..not lying but not telling the whole truth. Renegades is not all entirely new designs and borrows some designs from previous eras of GIJOE. We have already seen a few Renegades type design figures will show up in the POC line (Duke, Cobra Shock Trooper) and they may be including a few others to appease the realistic fans...like what they are now doing with the SW line by adding a few Realistic looking CW figures into the main line. However, Renegades will be it's own line.

On a side note, the Clone Wars line is not that stylized and is actually the hybrid design of the three designs that were sculpted. A few figures were done in Animated, Hybrid and Realistic - the hybrid was chosen...again I would have preferred the animated.

kennywr22
10-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Thanks cobraresolute. I hope your right and we see the animated style. It does seem a bit odd in their answer because they say they will be realistic and in the poc line. But when poc ends then what? I hope it means the animated full renegades line starts.. come on Hasbro help us all out and give us the yes or no on the actual renegades line.

blackman2005
10-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Thanks cobraresolute. I hope your right and we see the animated style. It does seem a bit odd in their answer because they say they will be realistic and in the poc line. But when poc ends then what? I hope it means the animated full renegades line starts.. come on Hasbro help us all out and give us the yes or no on the actual renegades line.

The Pursuit of Cobra toyline is the BASE toyline for Joes until further notice. The Renegades figures will be inspired by the cartoon but feature a realistic look to them that is similiar to those in PoC.

My hopes are up for more figures. There is no mention of Hasbro ending PoC yet and they've stated that they are anticipating on bringing more PoC figures through for next year. Hopefully, the movie sequel will fall under the PoC umbrella as well since stores may not want to carry the toyline as much.

Zartanman
10-23-2010, 10:05 AM
I think maybe Hasbro learned a hard lesson with Sigma Six and realize the Joe figures need to be Realistic.

blackman2005
10-23-2010, 10:14 AM
I think maybe Hasbro learned a hard lesson with Sigma Six and realize the Joe figures need to be Realistic.

Sigma Six left yellow stains on the walls of the toy aisle back in 2005. Nobody bought that stuff because the figures were fugly and female characters would look like trannies if they attempted to make them...

Tanksmasher
10-23-2010, 11:07 AM
You can maintain that Renegades is a separate line, but you have to acknowledge that it is contrary to what Hasbro has said so far. I doubt they misread the question since they've give the exact same response (word for word) for every question that raised concerns about POC and the style of the figures. Hasbro said they will be in the POC line and that they will be "realistic". Period. Besides, what difference does it make if there's one or two lines? It's all GI Joe. I would be really shocked if--given Hasbro's history with GI Joe--they released Clone War-ish type of animated figures. It's not as cost effective if they remake a new style of torso and limbs because now they can only use them for Renegades figures. GI Joe is not Star Wars. And Hasbro has no way of knowing if Renegades is going to be successful. Hell, it may bomb and last for one season. So why take the risk of making newly styled molds? Clone Wars had a better chance of success just due to the fact that Star Wars has such a huge consumer (fan and kid) base. There was less risk there. I'm not saying Hasbro can't do animated figures, I'm just saying they most likely won't. And that doesn't bother me one bit.

ChaplainAsst
10-23-2010, 11:09 AM
From the sounds of it, I wouldn't say that Hasbro "learned" anything from Sigma 6 except that it didn't work. I will say that they have seen an excitement for POC that they want to capitalize on with additional figures. I think like anything, people are less likely to admit their wrong rather than to capitalize on something that is working - basically, the law of inertia.

Griff
10-23-2010, 11:50 AM
It would be beneficial to Hasbro if they update soon with any clarification/elaboration. Things with GI Joe do change on a fast basis, at least they have in the past.

I agree. I mean their answers on the style of renegades seems straightforward but i don't take anything hasbro says as fact until i see product on store shelves. i mean just cause they show something at a toy show or comi con dont mean its gonna end up that way so i agree that hasbro need to be clear and direct...which i felt they were in this q n a about that question. lets just hope hasbro sticks to it.

kennywr22
10-23-2010, 11:57 AM
So I'm still a little confused. They said renegades will be realistic and in the poc line right? But when poc ends next fall then what? Renegades in what style? Help me out here.

Gyre-Viper
10-23-2010, 12:10 PM
So I'm still a little confused. They said renegades will be realistic and in the poc line right? But when poc ends next fall then what? Renegades in what style? Help me out here.

well that begs the question... will we get another 'filler' line like POC for in between seasons of Renegades? will we get movie toys in early 2012? I mean the Renegades toys under POC or not would have to be a few waves, right? so that should last a few months, maybe throughout the rest of the year into 2012?? or maybe that's where the 30th Anniversary stuff comes in. And then will POC return? Will that be the mainstay? Maybe it depends on the success of Renegades. Maybe eventually the running line will be Renegades (title-wise). And I guess this all depends somewhat on the title of the next film which could be something simple enough to 'take over' the line's tag in place of POC or whatever it is around that time.

blackman2005
10-23-2010, 12:41 PM

Again, until further notice, ALL G.I. JOE ACTION FIGURES WILL BE UNDER THE PURSUIT OF COBRA BRAND. I am amped for Toyfair 2011 in hopes to see some truly awesome PoC and Renegades figures side by side with realistic uniformity. That means whatever Renegades vehicle toys that will be made will compliment PoC Joes and vice-versa.

Tanksmasher
10-23-2010, 12:54 PM
That's it exactly. They never said POC ends after the fall of 2011. But if it does and they change the line title to Renegades, it doesn't mean that all of the figures produced under that title must be cartoon-inspired or cartoon-styled. It's simply a title change. As of now, I still see no reason to assume that the 25th or modern-era mold (whatever you want to call it) is going to change or be re-styled simply because of an animation aesthetic.

Gyre-Viper
10-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Again, until further notice, ALL G.I. JOE ACTION FIGURES WILL BE UNDER THE PURSUIT OF COBRA BRAND. I am amped for Toyfair 2011 in hopes to see some truly awesome PoC and Renegades figures side by side with realistic uniformity. That means whatever Renegades vehicle toys that will be made will compliment PoC Joes and vice-versa.

That's it exactly. They never said POC ends after the fall of 2011. But if it does and they change the line title to Renegades, it doesn't mean that all of the figures produced under that title must be cartoon-inspired or cartoon-styled. It's simply a title change. As of now, I still see no reason to assume that the 25th or modern-era mold (whatever you want to call it) is going to change or be re-styled simply because of an animation aesthetic.

well... to be fair, they did say they couldn't promise more POC in one Q+A answer and then said that Renegades would be under POC in another... not very slick on their part heheheheh. but it does seem to suggest POC is the new line 'until further notice.'

blackman2005
10-23-2010, 03:02 PM
well... to be fair, they did say they couldn't promise more POC in one Q+A answer and then said that Renegades would be under POC in another... not very slick on their part heheheheh. but it does seem to suggest POC is the new line 'until further notice.'

They're are in process of working on additional waves for PoC to be shown at Toyfair 2011 and a sneak peek at Renegades for Fall 2011. This is honestly the smartest decision they could make at this point where the Joe brand needs to have joint interests between old and new Joe fans.

The reason they are being so tight-lipped/hush-hush right now is because of what happened over a year ago. PoC cancelled several figures and we are still antsy over it. My assumption is that they have working prototypes of a PoC Lady Jaye, Jinx, Flint and others that they are finishing up in time for February as well as the first wave of Renegade styled figures.

Gyre-Viper
10-23-2010, 03:04 PM
They're are in process of working on additional waves for PoC to be shown at Toyfair 2011 and a sneak peek at Renegades for Fall 2011..

oh i was just pointing out that they had mildly conflicting answers (for obvious cryptic and hush hush reasons) in the Q+A's.

blackman2005
10-23-2010, 03:10 PM
oh i was just pointing out that they had mildly conflicting answers (for obvious cryptic and hush hush reasons) in the Q+A's.

But I'm just happy that Renegades will look just as cool as or better than some of the Resolute figures. A new Roadblock, Scarlet, Ripcord and Tunnel Rat will be welcomed to my collection....

CobraResolute
10-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Sigma Six left yellow stains on the walls of the toy aisle back in 2005. Nobody bought that stuff because the figures were fugly and female characters would look like trannies if they attempted to make them...

In reality Sigma 6 was actually quite successful and did well enough sales wise...certainly enough to warrant the continuation of the GIJOE line and lead to the 25th Anniversary line. They were great, well constructed figures with a ton of cool accessories.

The major problem with S6 was the change in scale from 3 3/4" to 8". As we all know, GIJOE has always been the most successful in the 3 3/4" format as it allows for tons of vehicles, accessories and at a cheaper price. Plus being the same/similar scale the lines can blend. The 8" line had nothing compatible to go with it and was more costly. Sigma 6 would have been far more successful in the 3 3/4" format but the 8" really didn't do that badly as some assume.

Shin-Gouki
10-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Actually if you are a Transformers Fan you realize that making them one line is what they are doing. First of all they said

Joe product inspired by characters and themes from the upcoming G.I. Joe Renegades series on the Hub will be available in Fall 2011. The figures will be offered in the Pursuit of Cobra line and will have the highly-detailed, realistic look of the line.

And

We are working very hard to make sure that we continue to produce figures that appeal to our fans while taking cues from the new Renegades series. While the G.I. Joe figures will be inspired and influenced by the characters and themes in the upcoming G.I. Joe Renegades series, it will not be the defining design or artistic aesthetic.

As a Transformers Fan I see what is coming with Hunt for the Decepticons line and the Generations line giving way for the Reveal the Shield line where product that are Classic based and Movie based are in the same line in the same packaging. This is Hasbro Maximizing space at retail and not confusing people with multiple lines and keeping fans of both lines happy.

I see this as what is happening with Joe, The Realistic part? that's the icing on the cake :)

Weezus
10-23-2010, 10:24 PM
ill bet anything the cobra shock trooper is a renegades thing.

Trooper13
10-23-2010, 10:30 PM
ill bet anything the cobra shock trooper is a renegades thing.

It does certainly seem like the Shock Trooper is atleast a nod to the Cobra Trooper from Renegades. Which makes their Riot Shield alot more sensible. Such a great figure. If Renegades holds more figures like this for us, I can't wait. The blueshirts from the stills make me very happy. It's nice to see them return after the Neo-Viper nonsense from RoC.

Gyre-Viper
10-23-2010, 10:34 PM
It does certainly seem like the Shock Trooper is atleast a nod to the Cobra Trooper from Renegades. Which makes their Riot Shield alot more sensible. Such a great figure. If Renegades holds more figures like this for us, I can't wait. The blueshirts from the stills make me very happy. It's nice to see them return after the Neo-Viper nonsense from RoC.

it's the other way around I think... John Warden recently eluded to the fact that he's been waiting 10 years or something to do the Shock Trooper.

Trooper13
10-23-2010, 10:42 PM
it's the other way around I think... John Warden recently eluded to the fact that he's been waiting 10 years or something to do the Shock Trooper.

In any event, Cobra's role in the Renegades universe is likely what finally pushed that through. Up until now, a standard trooper with a police style riot shield wouldn't have made much sense. However, with Cobra being our "homeland security" in this go-round, it's now a perfect time for this character to make his debut.

This figure is what I've been waiting for since I found Joe again. I love my 25th Blueshirts. The Classic Cobra Infantry were always my favorite. However, I also love the more up-to-date modern realistic figures we've been getting with RoC and PoC. Now I can finally get my favorite Cobra soldiers in a modern package to terrorize my poor RoC and PoC Joes. :)