PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe Footlocker

hippyman
10-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Has anyone bought this? If so, I'd like to know if this is literally the entire series(i.e. miniseries, movies, tv show, etc.) Please reply.

PrivateShake
10-17-2010, 07:50 PM
It's all the sunbow eps of the cartoon, no movie, but they movie was just rereleased on DVD.

arashikage tat
10-17-2010, 07:53 PM
I have the footlocker set...yes it is every sunbow episode as well as the classic 80's hasbro toy commercials. Plus some commentary with the creators and voice actors, a dogtag flash drive and some rub on tattoos

D00MTR0N
10-17-2010, 07:54 PM
how much is it?and where at?

arashikage tat
10-17-2010, 07:55 PM
Oh and a guide to all the episodes that are on said discs with brief descriptions about the episode

D00MTR0N
10-17-2010, 07:58 PM
how much is it?and where at?
anyone^^

Unclassified
10-17-2010, 08:00 PM
try amazon.. not sure the price, but they are cheaper now than they were..

ironknife
10-17-2010, 08:02 PM
best buy and about 125.00 i think

D00MTR0N
10-17-2010, 08:04 PM
holy crap,thanks though

Unclassified
10-17-2010, 08:05 PM
holy crap,thanks though

it cost more to just buy em seperate though.. and you get a few perks this way..

arashikage tat
10-17-2010, 08:05 PM
I heard the price went down to like $80 though...I think

ChaplainAsst
10-17-2010, 08:07 PM
The footlocker also comes with an exclusive digital comic on an exclusive dog tag usb memory card. It also has a complete series booklet with synopsis of all the episodes. And it has exclusive interviews. The box is very nice - a fake-computer top that hides all the disks and materials underneath. The only downside is that the disks are in two large cases, which wasn't very well designed to tell you what episodes are where. Oh, and it has exclusive (sort of) tattoos - if you are into that kind of thing.

ChaplainAsst
10-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Walmart has it for $98.96. Amazon has it for 99.99 shipped.

Walmart.com: G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero Complete Collector's Set (Full Frame): TV Shows (http://www.walmart.com/ip/13023270)

solid.wii
10-17-2010, 08:14 PM
There is an empty slot for the movie disc so you can store them all together.

TSHawkeye
10-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Its cheaper to buy them separate. I paid about $20(that's with tax) a set and $11.99 for the movie for a total of about $95. If the footlocker set gets reduced to about $50 ill pick it up to get the exclusive stuff and the box.

hippyman
10-17-2010, 09:17 PM
OK, ya'll answered most of my questions, but theres still one thing that confuses me. There were at least 2 mini-series, throughout the run of the show. Are those included?

arashikage tat
10-18-2010, 01:48 PM
Yes

JoeMama
10-18-2010, 01:54 PM
well worth the money.. got it when it came out, is still one of my prize joe items.
pure awesomeness...
6-pack + couch + joe set= flashbacks to childhood (except the booze, because that would just be ... awkward)

hippyman
10-18-2010, 01:59 PM
OK, thanx, I might have to wait until Xmas now, but I'm sold. I heard that Walmart has it for $98.95, or something like that, is that right?

Robowang
10-18-2010, 02:59 PM
It's an amazing set. If you like the Sunbow cartoon, this is the best way to own it. The extras are well worth the one-shot high price tag. The only downside is that there is are no DiC season DVDs to compliment it :) (Sucky or not, they are a continuation...)

Hasbro seems to officially count the first two pre-season mini-series as part of season one these days, so they are included in the season one section of the footlocker set.

hippyman
10-18-2010, 03:06 PM
It's an amazing set. If you like the Sunbow cartoon, this is the best way to own it. The extras are well worth the one-shot high price tag. The only downside is that there is are no DiC season DVDs to compliment it :) (Sucky or not, they are a continuation...)

Hasbro seems to officially count the first two pre-season mini-series as part of season one these days, so they are included in the season one section of the footlocker set.

I have no doubt that its an amazing set, I love the flash drive;) I just want to verify one thing. According to the episode guide, there are 2 more miniseries, other than "A Real American Hero," and "Revenge of Cobra." I count "Pyramid of Darkness," and "Arise Serpentor, Arise," since they are more than just 2 part eps.

sharky
10-18-2010, 03:59 PM
I know that the individual sets have the commercials as well, and each set has a little booklet with episode descriptions. IIRC 1 set came with a rub on tattoo.

If I am not mistaken the thing that sets the footlocker apart from the individual sets is the usb stick with whatever is on there, and a couple of special features, and of course the actual footlocker box.

The footlocker used to be much more expensive compared to buying the sets (I think around $125). These days it's much lower. If you look at walmart.com it would cost $69.84 for Seasons 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 2.0 while the footlocker is $98.96. It's up to you to decide if the extras are worth the extra money.

arashikage tat
10-18-2010, 04:31 PM
well worth the money.. got it when it came out, is still one of my prize joe items.
pure awesomeness...
6-pack + couch + joe set= flashbacks to childhood (except the booze, because that would just be ... awkward)

Well said...except growing up in my house beer was all we had in the fridge. My Dad said it was a meal and a drink all in one....so Joes+Booze+Couch...relates just as well to me at 35 as it did when I was 8 :)

TSHawkeye
10-18-2010, 07:48 PM
The art on the DVDs themselves is different if I'm not mistaken. The footlocker takes toyline art and the seasons has animation artwork. I think you can order the usb stick from an order form that came with the movie.

sharky
10-18-2010, 07:56 PM
The art on the DVDs themselves is different if I'm not mistaken. The footlocker takes toyline art and the seasons has animation artwork. I think you can order the usb stick from an order form that came with the movie.
Good catch on the artwork. Yes, the footlocker DVDs have artwork like the action figure card art. The individual sets have cartoon art instead.

BTW, Season 1.1 is the set that has the tattoos.

hippyman
10-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Good catch on the artwork. Yes, the footlocker DVDs have artwork like the action figure card art. The individual sets have cartoon art instead.

BTW, Season 1.1 is the set that has the tattoos.

Just out of curiousity, what does the artwork look like, for the footlocker set?

arashikage tat
10-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Just out of curiousity, what does the artwork look like, for the footlocker set?

It looks like the card art for the figures

sharky
10-19-2010, 08:02 PM
I have no doubt that its an amazing set, I love the flash drive;) I just want to verify one thing. According to the episode guide, there are 2 more miniseries, other than "A Real American Hero," and "Revenge of Cobra." I count "Pyramid of Darkness," and "Arise Serpentor, Arise," since they are more than just 2 part eps.
Not sure what you are trying to verify. Are you asking if 2 more mini-series exist, or if the footlocker includes them? The answer is yes to both.

Keep in mind that even though certian episodes are grouped into a mini-series they are still episodes that aired each day on TV. The footlocker as well as getting all the box sets has everything Sunbow.

xSwamiJayx
10-19-2010, 08:10 PM
I bought this for a ridiculously low price.

$17. And my $17 went to charity!

hippyman
10-19-2010, 08:13 PM
I bought this for a ridiculously low price.

$17. And my $17 went to charity!

Where'd you buy it from? Thats a hell of a deal.

xSwamiJayx
10-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Where'd you buy it from? Thats a hell of a deal.

The local newspaper got it as a promo and once every couple of months they have charity auctions to get rid of the stuff the reviewer doesn't want to keep. It's employee only and my best friend happens to be one of their web guys. He hadasmall bidding war with his boss, I guess, before the boss finally said, "I can afford to buy this new. Take that!"