PDA

View Full Version : Renegades: HUB character list

CobraCoffee
10-15-2010, 04:18 PM
What have they done to my dear Commander.

http://www.hubworld.com/hubworld/img/shows/gi-joe/giren-character-cobracommander-large-570x402.jpg

The HUB updates the website with a character list and new GI Joe information.

Check it out.

G.I. Joe Renegades | Watch TV Shows and View TV Schedule | Hubworld (http://www.hubworld.com/gi-joe/shows/renegades)

RogueWingnut
10-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Hello Duke...its good to see you again.
Would you like some fava beans and a nice Ciante? (sp? i dont drink wine)

Black Llama
10-15-2010, 04:21 PM
I actually kind of dig that...

I can see the Toy from Hasbro already...

New Head
Resolute Destro torso, skirt and arms
Cloth/Vinyl dress
CW Anakin Skywalker legs

General Hawk
10-15-2010, 04:22 PM
I think this is the same info that's been up since September... is there something new?

Justin

CobraCoffee
10-15-2010, 04:24 PM
http://www.hubworld.com/hubworld/img/shows/gi-joe/giren-imagetab-139-large-570x402.jpg

While I'm sure these are Cobra troopers (or Vipers, there's no difference anymore really).. they all look like TELE-VIPERS shooting ice guns.

CobraCoffee
10-15-2010, 04:25 PM
I think this is the same info that's been up since September... is there something new?

Justin

I havn't seen it, here or on the hub site so, I guess it's new to me! And, this is the first time that I have ever seen this horrible version of the Cobra Phantom of the opera Commander

Sector_15
10-15-2010, 04:28 PM
I don't really like the animation style. Not that it will be a problem I'll never see it in the UK.

Nictus
10-15-2010, 04:46 PM
awhile back i said i'd watch the entire first...episode...at this time i would like to amend my statement and say i will watch the entire first segment.

the writing will decide if i am going to suffer or relish this new iteration of gi joe...and it will have to be some DAMN good writing...if so maybe i'll record the audio only and listen to it in the car

Gyre-Viper
10-15-2010, 04:51 PM
i love most of the cobra art.
i like some of the joe art... looks a bit post-apocalyptic which i can get behind. i did a quick color-tweak on destro in my sig to give him a gold-head.

General Hawk
10-15-2010, 04:51 PM
I havn't seen it, here or on the hub site so, I guess it's new to me! And, this is the first time that I have ever seen this horrible version of the Cobra Phantom of the opera Commander

Hubworld GI Joe Renegades Update - GI Joe News (http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/gi-joe-renegades-19/hubworld-gi-joe-renegades-update-9865/)

Yeah, first reported September 27th.

The new look for Cobra Commander is certainly intriguing...better than the movie version, and I have a feeling as the story progresses, he might end up looking more familiar.

Justin

Jatta Pake
10-15-2010, 05:08 PM
We need to re-name this the GI A-Team.

"Soldiers ... heroes ... outlaws. On the run after being accused of crimes they didn't commit, six young G.I.s battle to clear their names -- and expose the real bad guys, COBRA Industries. The world thinks this giant corporation is the good guys, but it's really run by evil people who want to rule the planet. It's up to these renegade Joes to stop COBRA and save the world -- and themselves."

Urgh. Pass the barf bucket. This minimalist French animation does nothing for me. Will the kids watch this for more than 3-seconds?

I'll take my crazy doctors bald, shirtless, and monocled please.

Cdt Weasel
10-15-2010, 05:10 PM
i like some of the joe art... looks a bit post-apocalyptic which i can get behind. i did a quick color-tweak on destro in my sig to give him a gold-head.

Looks to me like a yellow skin toned guy with a beard.

Gyre-Viper
10-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Looks to me like a yellow skin toned guy with a beard.

I liked you better when you were CdtWeasel the stolen-gyre-pic-as-an-avatar-toting mongoloid.

Jatta Pake
10-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Here is Duke's bio:

"The G.I. Joe squad leader is always ready for action with his awesome Plasma Pulse Pistol. But this former high school football hero never jumps into a fight without thinking. Duke, aka Sergeant Conrad Hauser, is OK with bending rules when he has to, but he'll always do the right thing. He helps out anyone who needs it, but Duke's first job is to look out for his squad."

Damn, what was wrong with my high school? I never had a football HERO in my high school. My high school just had roided up douchebags who are now fat and work in contruction as adults. The kid who was perpetually bullied by those douche football players ended up putting on 30 lbs of muscle and became an Army Ranger.

Never bring a Plasma Pulse Pistol to a Thermo-Nuclear Ion Cannon fight.

Trooper13
10-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Sorry, guys. I can hate on this. The Cobras are stealing the show as far as design for me.

I think CC looks absolutely amazing. His uniform is incredible, and the half mask is creepy as hell.

The Cobra Troopers, while not my classic Blueshirts, are a nice compromise between the classic and a modern take. Kind of like a mix of Blueshirt, 86 and Tele-Viper, with a little PoC Shock Trooper mixed in for good measure. Different, but unmistakably Cobra Infantry.

Baroness looks awesome. Totally hip and modern. Which is what they need to do with these characters, especially the women.

Destro is awesome. The big working metal jaw is a nice way to solve the old "why is his mouth moving, how does he eat?" dilemma. That suit and trenchcoat look NEEDS to be made into a figure. It's awesome.

I love the looks of this new cartoon. Hopefully the story is on par.

artiepants
10-15-2010, 05:28 PM
i just hope when/if they do a toy line, they keep the figs looking traditional instead of trying to do them super-stylized like the animation like they did with the horrible Transformers Animated designs, cuz i actually like some/most of the designs of the Renegades, just not sold on the stylized look of the animation.

Cdt Weasel
10-15-2010, 05:34 PM
I liked you better when you were CdtWeasel the stolen-gyre-pic-as-an-avatar-toting mongoloid.

Fixed

Grand Slam
10-15-2010, 05:40 PM
I hate the designs and the art-style but I can't wait to see the show, haha. I'm hoping all the characters look a lot better in motion than their designs do ala Snake Eyes. Got chills when I saw him in motion in the promos on The Hub. I would also think the outfits would progress over time. I mean the show is supposed to last for years, I would hope their outfits evolve over that time to something a little less bland.

Gyre-Viper
10-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Fixed

bwhahahahahahaha

Monk
10-15-2010, 05:54 PM
So far I am on board with the Renegades.

Major_Stranger
10-15-2010, 06:10 PM
For some reason that cc reminds me of the bad guy on Hellboy. The one in the first one with the watch. Possibly because of the outfit, is that WW1 or 2 german style?

CobraCoffee
10-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Is it me or does everyone on the Joe team look like a Hillbilly idiot?

Shin Densetsu
10-15-2010, 07:44 PM

Looks like Rorsarch with Destro mask.

ThePreacher
10-18-2010, 11:45 AM
It was nice of them to let us know that this is going to be crap so I don't have to waste time watching it.

TSHawkeye
10-18-2010, 12:53 PM
I like the designs, I hope they won't be made in the animated style.

kennywr22
10-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Love the designs. Can't wait for the animated figures.