PDA

View Full Version : G.I.JOE starts on the hub 10.11.10

dansjoes.com
10-10-2010, 10:26 AM
I just checked my local listing, and its showing GIJOE starting tomorrow at 9:30. Transformers starts at 9. Can't wait!

arashikage tat
10-10-2010, 10:58 AM
ok I'm confused...I thought it wasn't gonna be on till December?

Unclassified
10-10-2010, 11:24 AM
only thing i seen on hub that was joe was on tuesday and it was arah..

sharky
10-10-2010, 11:57 AM
I'll believe it when I see it.

Syn3sthesia
10-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Doesn't really matter.

JohnnyAngel77
10-10-2010, 01:39 PM
I just checked my local listing, and its showing GIJOE starting tomorrow at 9:30. Transformers starts at 9. Can't wait!
I assume this is the older ARAH cartoons.

Echo7Solo
10-10-2010, 01:43 PM
it is ARAH.

kennywr22
10-10-2010, 01:49 PM
It matters very much to me. Looking very forward to renegades. That showing I'd arah I do believe though.

hurricane
10-10-2010, 02:29 PM
close this thread. The original poster is incorrect. GiJoe A Real American Hero will be showing at 9:30pm. It follows G1 Transformers.

the Transformers/ARAH hour block appears to be a Monday to Friday thing.

fireflyguy
10-10-2010, 02:36 PM
On my DVR schedule, it shows up as a 5 part series, and it looks like it's the MASS device series.

General Hawk
10-10-2010, 02:46 PM
Yes, this is the ARAH series, and he must be talking about Pacific Time. Eastern time is midnight and 12:30.

Justin

dj7000
10-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Does anyone even know when renegades is gonna start> does hasbro even know?

IIIzoeIII
10-11-2010, 05:14 PM
shiiiit I didn't know it was a pay channel blows goats

polyphenus
10-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Real fans own the incomplete Rhino set and the Shout Factory foot locker so we don't need to watch all the commercials that will no doubt clog the classic show...

;) Just kidding. I wish Comcast gave me The Hub but it's not worth paying an extra $10 a month to watch a couple of shows I already have on DVD. Still, it's great to see the original shows are coming back on the air.

The Batman
10-11-2010, 05:19 PM
I ain't staying up all damn night to watch these shows when I have em commercial free on dvd. Now, if they were showing the DIC toons then I would stay up because I never watched them.

The Batman
10-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Well I will be damned!! THE BATMAN 1960'S TV SHOW WILL BE ON THE HUB STARTING AT 10 PM CST!!! Damn this channel has awesome written all over it for that!!! DVR be ready to record!!!

CornDog_The_Ninja
10-11-2010, 11:21 PM
I've been looking for to watching any GI Joe cartoon.

Thanks Directv for making the HUB extra. Guess I won't be watching after all.

DangerSneakolik
10-12-2010, 12:01 AM
stupid pay channel, i already spend too much on tv,what a bunch of crap. hasblo strikes again. i dont think ill be upgrading even though i would like to watch these on my lunch breaks. do they really expect us to keep caring about g.i. joe forever if it continually cost more and more to keep up with it? booooooooo. dislike.

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
10-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Well looks like my provider doesn't carry it...I can't find it on my channel list at all. I did email them to see if I'm missing it but I think I'm outta luck.

Ctrl_Z
10-12-2010, 12:11 AM
at my gf's house right now. came here just to watch the hub ... and visit her (of course). watching TF right now. GI Joe is next!

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
10-12-2010, 12:17 AM
Damn guess what just switched on!

kjl2381
10-12-2010, 12:30 AM
I set this to record today. Dude, I saw Fraggle Rock and the Pound Puppies on the list of shows to air on the hub. I wonder if I can expect the snorks at any time? Maybe some Bravestarr or C.O.P.S., who do I need to call to get some of these going?

Cdt Weasel
10-12-2010, 12:56 AM
This is almost as cool as when Cartoon network first hit the air. Wonder how long till the Hub no longer shows any classics.

Cobra Reich
10-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Sweet, I remember catching it here and there earlier in the 200s.

Grimwing
10-12-2010, 03:31 AM
"I'm going to knock the mustard out of that hot dog!" -duke

I probably would'nt have noticed how odd that sounds if my family did'nt start laughing immediately afterward.

Hub rules! But it will probably be better in a year when they have more original shows, over syndicated shovelware off kabillion.

Like watching batman beyond and fraggle rock again though.

Trooper13
10-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Just got home from work, and my boys and I are watching it before my oldest heads off to school. Sooooo awesome.

JR0d28
10-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Missed family ties but got to see Wonder yrs
Doogie Howser
Batman
Happy Days
Transformers-patiently waiting for that one
G.I. Joe not as excited got entire series on DVD, but watched anyways
Laverne/Shirley...changed the channel...Im surprised network did not add Mork and Mindy that show funnier than L/S.

Gideon75
10-12-2010, 09:31 AM
I set this to record today. Dude, I saw Fraggle Rock and the Pound Puppies on the list of shows to air on the hub. I wonder if I can expect the snorks at any time? Maybe some Bravestarr or C.O.P.S., who do I need to call to get some of these going?

Snorks plays on Boomerang. All Hanna Barbera cartoons are shown on Boomerang. My daughter watches Boomerang, and Snorks came on there one day, she said she didn't like it.... She also didn't like the Smurfs... She would much rather watch Spider-Man. Couldn't tell you about Bravestarr or COPS...

Ctrl_Z
10-12-2010, 10:52 AM
This is almost as cool as when Cartoon network first hit the air. Wonder how long till the Hub no longer shows any classics.
Yeah I'm wondering the same. Not looking forward to that. And you know it'll be inevitable.

After watching TF and Joe back to back I now realize that Joe was a lot more fast paced, comparatively.

Oh and man. Honey I Shrunk the Kids the TV show? I completely forgot about that one.

Lody
10-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Need some help here:

I saw that GI Joe was debuting on the HUB and DVR'd it. I am watching it this morning and come to realize-aww hell-I ain't never seen this episode before.

Was it released with the other seasons on DVD? I go back and look and didn't see it.

Now I know they released with the DVD Build the Mass Device box set and then released just the DVD itself last year but it was never included in the full season box sets?

OpusJoe
10-12-2010, 11:40 AM
I have to say...I waited up and watched both Transformers and G.I. Joe...was very retro...and kids will believe anything...so much for the G.I. Joe long range survailance to allow Cobra to just attack the pit right off....too funny.

kingofpain26
10-12-2010, 11:43 AM
FAMILY Ties Ruled!

...and watching classic Batman as an adult is hilarious!

KingStalin
10-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Even though I just watched these on DVD it was great seeing them both on TV.

Tomax & Xamot
10-12-2010, 12:42 PM
AWESOME!!! :D I have have them on DVD, But they're just something about watching them on TV. I will be tuning in everyday they're on!!! :D

Syn3sthesia
10-12-2010, 01:00 PM
I watched them too. I was more excited to see that the Wonder Years and Batman are part of the line up.

alexan2dros
10-12-2010, 02:04 PM
there is any way to seem them from the internet??

RolandofGilead
10-12-2010, 02:12 PM
It was so cool sitting with my baby boy and watching retro Transformers and GI Joe last night. I love this station.

cake
10-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Now I know they released with the DVD Build the Mass Device box set and then released just the DVD itself last year but it was never included in the full season box sets?

Well it was never technically part of any season. It was a mini-series predating the regular run of ARAH

sharky
10-12-2010, 03:51 PM
there is any way to seem them from the internet??
I dunno, how far is the internet from your TV. haha! J/K :)

Seriously, I don't think The Hub has anything to watch full episodes online. It seems the website only focuses on Renegades and doesn't mention ARAH. I couldn't find anything on hulu.com either. Sorry,

kingofpain26
10-12-2010, 05:15 PM
well the dvds are out... been out for awhile, so I doubt they willpost them online, when theyre available in stores, and netflix.

Trooper13
10-12-2010, 05:31 PM
So something I never noticed, probably because in the old days it was common place. However, my son was laughing at the cartoon (which he likes, btw), because he noticed the fires in the hangars and buildings in the background weren't moving, but the ones in the foreground were. Funny how much times have changed.

Animal Mother
10-12-2010, 06:53 PM

Bravestarr is actually currently airing weeknights on the Qubo channel! Starting at Midnight, they show He-Man, She-Ra, Bravestarr, and the other Ghostbusters show, with the gorilla.

Who'd ever thought all these shows would be on around the same time ever again on tv?

wertdog91
10-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Just watched with my son, so cool having the commercial breaks again

Ctrl_Z
10-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Need some help here:

I saw that GI Joe was debuting on the HUB and DVR'd it. I am watching it this morning and come to realize-aww hell-I ain't never seen this episode before.

Was it released with the other seasons on DVD? I go back and look and didn't see it.

The episode they aired last night? it was the first episode.

Shooter
10-12-2010, 11:35 PM
So good to see the Joes back in action on TV again. Gotta love Snakes' uni with out the gloves!! Yo-Joe

BigFore
10-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Monday night, I had to stay up to watch the premiere of GI Joe and Transformers.

I seriously felt like I was 9 again. Watching the first episode of the MASS Device was awesome. I own them on DVD, but the commercial breaks reminded me of being a kid again and having a chance to get to the kitchen and get a snack without missing anything.

Heck, my wife even watched a few minutes of GI Joe with me, something she hadn't done before.

My best friend recorded them for his son, and he said that his son was in going cuckoo for the old Transformers. He wanted more. That, to me was pretty cool.

Cobra Terrorist
10-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Monday night, I had to stay up to watch the premiere of GI Joe and Transformers.

I seriously felt like I was 9 again. Watching the first episode of the MASS Device was awesome. I own them on DVD, but the commercial breaks reminded me of being a kid again and having a chance to get to the kitchen and get a snack without missing anything.

Heck, my wife even watched a few minutes of GI Joe with me, something she hadn't done before.

My best friend recorded them for his son, and he said that his son was in going cuckoo for the old Transformers. He wanted more. That, to me was pretty cool.

Yeah, I caught part 3 of "More Than Meets The Eye" last night. I like the commercial breaks too. It's really cool seeing G.I.Joe and Transformers on TV again.

Now give us Prime and Renegades, dammit!

Soura2112
10-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Obvisouly I do not remember every episode from my kid days, can someone tell me when the first 2 episodes are from? For example are they random, or from a certain year? It would be cool if the started from the first episode.
The show is awesome! I forgot so much and it's slowly coming back again. Love the HUB!

Syn3sthesia
10-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Obvisouly I do not remember every episode from my kid days, can someone tell me when the first 2 episodes are from? For example are they random, or from a certain year? It would be cool if the started from the first episode.
The show is awesome! I forgot so much and it's slowly coming back again. Love the HUB!

All the shows the HUB is showing are starting from the 1st episode.

sharky
10-14-2010, 04:28 PM

Yeah, I think kids can really get into the old Transformers cartoon. My daughter likes to watch it as well.

kjl2381
10-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Bravestarr is actually currently airing weeknights on the Qubo channel! Starting at Midnight, they show He-Man, She-Ra, Bravestarr, and the other Ghostbusters show, with the gorilla.

Who'd ever thought all these shows would be on around the same time ever again on tv?

What!? Really!? Never heard of Qubo, I'll have to look into this... Thank you!

GI_Jedi
10-20-2010, 02:37 AM
On tonights episode "The Revenge of Cobra:In the Cobra's Pit" (original air date 9/10/84) I noticed a couple cool things. When Zartan's armor was glowing in the swap when he got mad at Ripper it definitely sounded like they used a clip of a lightsaber hum for the sound effect. And then when the Skystrikers come under attack from the weather dominator it sure sounded like the unmistakeable roar of a TIE Fighter! Something in the back of my mind is telling me I remember GI Joe borrowing sound fx from Star Wars from when I was little but who knows....

Did anybody else catch these? Or am I the only one thats always noticing recycled sound bytes :0

EDIT: OK near the end Zartan was being attacked by Destro's vines and his armor was glowing again that was definitely a lightsaber!

heltskelt
10-28-2010, 10:11 AM
And then when the Skystrikers come under attack from the weather dominator it sure sounded like the unmistakeable roar of a TIE Fighter! Something in the back of my mind is telling me I remember GI Joe borrowing sound fx from Star Wars from when I was little but who knows....

Did anybody else catch these? Or am I the only one thats always noticing recycled sound bytes :0

No, you're not. I'm also watching Transformers, and the seekers make TIE fighter roars as well! On another note, AT&T should really include qubo in my channels package instead of letting me see what's on without letting me watch it. Everytime i see what's on in HUB, i also see what i'm missing in qubo. AT&T!!!!!