PDA

View Full Version : Is this Wild Bill vs the Hulk

fdny71
09-29-2010, 03:58 PM
From the new Avengers cartoon

[FW-BC3] Viral Player (http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid16681868001?bctid=619707256001)

VideoViper
09-29-2010, 04:06 PM
That definately is Wild Bill, in the ROC copter!

Gundamben831
09-29-2010, 04:11 PM
that is weird he does look a lot like wild bill

Troynos
09-29-2010, 04:43 PM
Recondo and Spirit were in the Ant-Man micro episode.

Stalker made an appearance in a previous micro episode as well.

*UPDATED*Avengers: Earth's Mightest Heroes Premieres October 20th -Micro-Episode #7 Attached (http://kittyspryde.forumotion.com/comic-book-movies-tv-dvd-f10/updatedavengers-earth-s-mightest-heroes-premieres-october-20th-micro-episode-7-attached-t2211.htm)

fdny71
09-29-2010, 05:42 PM

*UPDATED*Avengers: Earth's Mightest Heroes Premieres October 20th -Micro-Episode #7 Attached (http://kittyspryde.forumotion.com/comic-book-movies-tv-dvd-f10/updatedavengers-earth-s-mightest-heroes-premieres-october-20th-micro-episode-7-attached-t2211.htm)

Wow I just saw them. Thanks for the link.

Troynos
09-29-2010, 05:52 PM
The animators are definately Joe fans.

Archrivals
09-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Damn, A Joe/Marvel team up would be cool.

Troynos
09-29-2010, 05:59 PM
Well since "Recondo" and "Spirit" are bad guys in the episode, don't see it happening, lol

GI C
09-29-2010, 08:00 PM
I watch a bit of the ROC when it was shown at Walmart last year when it came to DVD.I noticed one of the chopper pilots looks suspiciously like Wild Bill.Of course he got shot down.

CTGLinks
09-29-2010, 08:09 PM
So you've never seen the movie? really?

Nictus
09-29-2010, 08:11 PM
what movie?

the odinson
09-29-2010, 08:17 PM
yes it was wild bill. don't ever watch the rest of the movie. it's all downhill from there. wild bill went down on purpose to escape the train wreck.

RolandofGilead
09-29-2010, 08:18 PM
yes it was wild bill. don't ever watch the rest of the movie. it's all downhill from there. wild bill went down on purpose to escape the train wreck.

Sound advice.

Nictus
09-29-2010, 08:23 PM
there was only one movie...and the only person that died was duke...oh wait he NEARLY died.

i saw the roc though...with sean connery right? he's sucha badass. him and nicholas cage out there...alone...on alcatraz...stopping that VX GAS!!

other than that there is no movie to my knowledge that is in existence.

wait...are you talking about that teaser pron flick with sienna miller?

Sgt Humpty
09-29-2010, 08:35 PM
yes it was wild bill.

Seriously? You mean the ambush in the desert sequence, right? I've seen that film at least a dozen times and I saw nothing that led me to believe that one of those pilots was supposed to be Wild Bill. I'm curious as to what makes you say that.

SmokedPorter
09-29-2010, 08:37 PM

Sweet.

bassistcarlos
09-29-2010, 08:41 PM
I see the similarities too, but that was not wild bill. That guy was regular army. Wild bill is a Joe. At that point in the movie, the joes hadn't been introduced yet.

Captain Carstein
09-29-2010, 08:58 PM
That definately is Wild Bill, in the ROC copter!

Totally. :)

luigi
09-29-2010, 09:37 PM
no thats not wild bill
in rise of cobra
thats if i heard correctly is a real pilot

GI C
09-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks guys.

cobracobra
09-29-2010, 10:02 PM
I think it was a killer action movie I dont understand how people can stand behind Transformers the film series and totally frown on Dennis Quaid.

the odinson
09-29-2010, 11:18 PM
Seriously? You mean the ambush in the desert sequence, right? I've seen that film at least a dozen times and I saw nothing that led me to believe that one of those pilots was supposed to be Wild Bill. I'm curious as to what makes you say that.

a guy in a helicopter w/ cop sunglasses on in a gi joe movie = wild bill.

gijoe071681
09-29-2010, 11:25 PM
I understood it to be wild bill as well. Since the movie got to bend the Joeverse to what it wanted it to be WB being a regualr army chopper pilot makes perfect sense.

Sailor_Joe
09-30-2010, 03:53 AM
a guy in a helicopter w/ cop sunglasses on in a gi joe movie = wild bill.

Just as much as the Asian female standing in ranks in the CIC of the Flagg was "Jinx". We want to believe it because the movie was such... Well, never mind. But in all honesty, I don't think they put that much creativity into it to include cameos of Wild Bill or Jinx. Hell, they couldn't even have Deep Six (or even Shipwreck for that matter) pilot a SHARC. Why on earth would they specifically signify Wild Bill as the chopper/lift transport pilot or put Jinx in the random ranks of other nameless Joes?

nickvree
10-03-2010, 01:13 PM
awesome, thanks for sharing the link!

PitViper
10-03-2010, 02:18 PM
If that wasn't a head nod to Joe, nothing is!

On a side note, I've never seen any of the Marvel dvds...that actually looked really cool. Thanks for the link, I might pick that up.

USAgent
10-03-2010, 02:31 PM

See, i saw those guys as Dutch, Dillon, Blain, and Billy! I think that was more about Predator than Joe :)

Troynos
10-03-2010, 08:45 PM
No way. That's Wild Bill. No way around that.

Midnightinferno
10-03-2010, 08:58 PM
and the generals name is Hawk at the end.

Mint Condition
10-04-2010, 07:32 AM
If that wasn't a head nod to Joe, nothing is!

On a side note, I've never seen any of the Marvel dvds...that actually looked really cool. Thanks for the link, I might pick that up.

I'm pretty sure it's a new series being made, not just a movie.

Jmacq1
10-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Sadly, I can't see the episodes here at work. Sounds pretty cool, though if there's really a "General Hawk" leading all these guys I'm seriously wondering how Marvel is getting away with this without being sued by Hasbro (who I doubt is going to allow Joes to be the bad guys). Marvel doesn't have the license for Joe and if the designs and names are -that- close...yeah, it becomes more than a "nod" or "homage" and veers straight into "ripoff" territory. I know Hasbro and Marvel are partners when it comes to toys, but media-wise they're actually competitors to an extent. Then again, Maybe Hasbro is just good-natured/humored about it. Unlike some companies.

Anyway, unrelated Tangent: Wild Bill's design is actually somewhat based on a real-life person, and his overall "look" (at least as far as the big-'stache and sunglasses...not so much the chaps, cowboy boots, and six-shooters) was one that was not uncommon among Vietnam-era "Air Cav" helicopter pilots. In fact, it remained "in style" for aviators within the Army well into the early 80's (My Dad was a helicopter pilot for the Army starting in about 1980).

Basically, the "Wild Bill Look" is almost the stereotypical image of Army Helicopter pilots (even if it's outdated now). I think it was also influenced a bit by "Apocalypse Now." Either way, you see "Wild Bill looking" helicopter pilots in a lot of places because of that, but the influences might not be Wild Bill specifically.

Slightly more related tangent: I actually wouldn't like a Joe/Marvel crossover much. You'd either have to downgrade the Marvel heroes to avoid overshadowing the Joes (Even a basic "street level" Marvel Hero would on-paper clobber just about any Joe except maybe Snake-Eyes...and even ol' SE would only be on the low end of Marvel's street-level heroes), or upgrade all the Joes to "superhero" level to let them keep pace. Unless it was like...strictly a G.I. Joe/SHIELD crossover (maybe with Captain America thrown in as the only "super" superhero) fighting a Cobra/HYDRA/AIM combo, I think there'd be a little bit lost in the translation.

I'm pretty sure it's a new series being made, not just a movie.

Yep, there's a new Avengers cartoon starting soon. Really the beginning of the "push" towards the Avengers movie in 2012. By the time the movie comes out, I expect we'll be seeing Avengers stuff darn near everywhere. Even Hasbro's jumping on the bandwagon, as they're going to be branding the toys for the Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America lines as "The Armored Avenger, The Mighty Avenger, and The First Avenger" respectively starting next year.

Troynos
10-04-2010, 09:48 AM
and the generals name is Hawk at the end.

No it's not. It's Ross.

The Hawk is in reference to Hawkeye most likely.

Troynos
10-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Marvel doesn't have the license for Joe and if the designs and names are -that- close...yeah, it becomes more than a "nod" or "homage" and veers straight into "ripoff" territory.

There are no names. The design isn't that close (except the Wild Bill, which I was surprised at how close it was).

But if you're a Joe fan you'd spot it.