PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Politics

OSOK
09-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Im really started to hate all the drama and politics of Facebook. Yeah i know, having a facebook is gay, but it was a good tool to keep in contact with people, espcially after college, everyone scattered across the US, but man, its all crap lately. I don't know, just felt like bitching for a min.

D00MTR0N
09-26-2010, 01:14 PM
thats why i shy far away from that crap,hisstank is as far as i go for social networking,my wife uses facebook and it is a good tool for keeping in touch with people if thats your thing,i myself like being removed from that crowd now that i am an adult and to talk to old friends imo would just remind me of what an ass i was(or still am);)

OSOK
09-26-2010, 01:16 PM
thats why i shy far away from that crap,hisstank is as far as i go for social networking,my wife uses facebook and it is a good tool for keeping in touch with people if thats your thing,i myself like being removed from that crowd now that i am an adult and to talk to old friends imo would just remind me of what an ass i was(or still am);)

yeah i hear ya. I'm thinking of going "off the grid", seems like more harm than good lately, it is nice to know that 3/4 of my graduating class (including me) hasn't done shit with their lives ha ha

D00MTR0N
09-26-2010, 01:18 PM
yeah i hear ya. I'm thinking of going "off the grid", seems like more harm than good lately, it is nice to know that 3/4 of my graduating class (including me) hasn't done shit with their lives ha ha
lol,i wouldnt mind seeing what the outcome was to all the jocks and "smart" people lives,i bet half if not most are 0's

OSOK
09-26-2010, 01:20 PM
lol,i wouldnt mind seeing what the outcome was to all the jocks and "smart" people lives,i bet half if not most are 0's

ha ha, i wasnt either, I was in the "pothead" category

D00MTR0N
09-26-2010, 01:22 PM
i was more in the metal/marilyn manson freak people out mode lol aka a complete ASS!

OSOK
09-26-2010, 01:26 PM
i was more in the metal/marilyn manson freak people out mode lol aka a complete ASS!

i had a set of white and red contacts, that would freak people out

D00MTR0N
09-26-2010, 01:27 PM
i had a set of white and red contacts, that would freak people out
dude i always wanted a pair of those

OSOK
09-26-2010, 01:28 PM
dude i always wanted a pair of those

the best was, they were prescription, so they helped me see all the people i was freaking out ha ha

D00MTR0N
09-26-2010, 01:29 PM
the best was, they were prescription, so they helped me see all the people i was freaking out ha ha
nice,i had to resort to shaving off my eyebrows and man did my dad think i was nutz lol

OSOK
09-26-2010, 01:31 PM
nice,i had to resort to shaving off my eyebrows and man did my dad think i was nutz lol

lmao

D00MTR0N
09-26-2010, 01:33 PM
lmao
yeah now that i look back on it it is funny as sh$t but WOW was it awkward the day i walked into school for the first time with no eyebrows(anything to stand out lol)

OSOK
09-26-2010, 01:34 PM
yeah now that i look back on it it is funny as sh$t but WOW was it awkward the day i walked into school for the first time with no eyebrows(anything to stand out lol)

thats pretty bad ass, i came home with dreadlocks one day, my parents didn't speak to me for a month

D00MTR0N
09-26-2010, 01:35 PM
thats pretty bad ass, i came home with dreadlocks one day, my parents didn't speak to me for a month
lol,yep i did the drealocks thing myself but it just didnt mesh so i pulled a prodigy look and gave myself an inverted mowhawk

OSOK
09-26-2010, 01:47 PM
lol,yep i did the drealocks thing myself but it just didnt mesh so i pulled a prodigy look and gave myself an inverted mowhawk

ha ha i guess we've tried everything then

Shogi
09-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Wow, Ult, you're starting to remind me of my high school experience now :D.

As for the facebook thing, I've stayed away eversince a crazy ex found me on Myspace. The sad part is everyone I know keeps telling me I need to get a Facebook, including my wife who complains that I spend too much time on the computer already :)

Headman
09-26-2010, 02:36 PM
High school was the shit. I wish I would have taken the school part a little more seriously than the high part though.

sg3
09-26-2010, 03:06 PM
I have Family and a few friends (ones that I personally know), thats about it. Don't even get on it much. My wife uses it a lot to talk to family out of state. Guess it's good for that.

mister-x
09-26-2010, 03:30 PM
i avoide it for the longest, but then decided to give it a try.. and suprise... the people ive been avoiding for the last 15years, i have to start dodging all over again....that, and the fake friends at work, that just want to pretend to know you to get thier friends list count the highest....pointless

i will keep it for ''monitering'' my kids, but thats about it

OSOK
09-26-2010, 06:02 PM
i avoide it for the longest, but then decided to give it a try.. and suprise... the people ive been avoiding for the last 15years, i have to start dodging all over again....that, and the fake friends at work, that just want to pretend to know you to get thier friends list count the highest....pointless

i will keep it for ''monitering'' my kids, but thats about it

i can't tell you how many requests i get from people from high school that never spoke to me, or that guy from 3rd grade who found me. Facebook is full of weirdos

bigvig
09-26-2010, 07:55 PM
At one point 3 years ago I had over 1200 "Friends" due to my business. I used it more for business than personal. Then when the craze hit, I had all these idiots I wasnt even friends with in high school (over 15 years ago) sending me friends requests. I accepted them at first, but then started seeing all the same old BS I remember from high school. Im down to 38 friends now, its only my REAL friends and some family (I dont have any of my 7 sisters as my friends after I deleted the last a few weeks back for some BS drama). I LOVE having a place where I can stay in touch with people that are otherwise hard to stay in touch with. Ive made my profile COMPLETELY private, and dont accept friend requests from assclowns I didnt like in high school and I NEVER accept them from people I dont know, even when they send me a note saying theyve purchase some of my stuff. Its a personal place for me and my friends and I keep it that way. It is what you want really.

Joseph
09-27-2010, 12:52 AM
Im really started to hate all the drama and politics of Facebook. Yeah i know, having a facebook is gay, but it was a good tool to keep in contact with people, espcially after college, everyone scattered across the US, but man, its all crap lately. I don't know, just felt like bitching for a min.

You're complaining about the politics of a social networking site on a forum for action figures, and Facebook is gay?

I mean, if it's gay, why have one?