PDA

View Full Version : News From Hasbro's HUB Initiative Webcast

Echo7Solo
09-08-2010, 03:11 PM
During Hasbro's investor web cast focusing on the Hub initiative today, they mentioned these things related to Joe:

Over 100 independent artists for TF/Joe
Lee Majors & The Rock in GI Joe
Joe and TF will air from 3-6 PM block (Kids Prime Block)
Classic TF/Joe going on late night, direct result of feedback from adult fans.
Used new Renegades logo in presentation

GeneralxRon
09-08-2010, 03:21 PM
THe Rock?...really.. hope it doesnt turn out to be like John Cena's THE MARINE

Sgt. Airborne
09-08-2010, 03:26 PM
ok, the Rock... nice...

WHAT ABOUT LEE MAJORS!!?? BOO-YA-KAAAAAAAH!

Echo7Solo
09-08-2010, 03:28 PM
THe Rock?...really.. hope it doesnt turn out to be like John Cena's THE MARINE

well lets face it The Rock is better than Cena any day of the week. Plus this isn't the first time a werstler has done a voice on GI Joe. Last of all it isn't live action.

Xenos
09-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Is Renegades going to be a Monday-Friday cartoon, or is it going to be weekly? I didn't think they did five episode a week cartoons anymore.

Bombardier
09-08-2010, 03:34 PM
THe Rock?...really..

Finally....GI Joe HAS COME BACK to animation!

IF YOU SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.......what Roadblock is cooking!

Atreides
09-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Like the new logo. It's very cool.

xSwamiJayx
09-08-2010, 03:37 PM
The Rock is not a terrible actor. And it's voice acting, so... I'm cool with it.

I'm stoked for the cartoon.

Headman
09-08-2010, 03:40 PM
well lets face it The Rock is better than Cena any day of the week. Plus this isn't the first time a werstler has done a voice on GI Joe. Last of all it isn't live action.

This is the single most untrue thing you've ever said. Cena >>> The Rock.

Trooper13
09-08-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm pretty stoked to hear that the Rock and Lee Majors are onboard. The Rock is actually pretty damn talented. He's got alot of charisma and a great voice. Wonder who he's voicing? Can't wait for this to hit. I work the graveyard shift, so I hope the classic shows aren't on too late, or I'll have to DVR them.

Jeffrozup
09-08-2010, 03:51 PM
The Rock says ... know your role and buy my 2011 SDCC Exclusive GI Joe figure!

nightfall
09-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Good stuff. Can't wait to see how Renegades will turn out. The pic of the MARS chopper is totally sick. I pray that this doesn't totally crash and burn. Hasbro has been hitting things right lately with collectibles'. If things play out right guys' and gals' we could be in for one helluva' ride. Yo Joe!!!

shipwreak73
09-08-2010, 04:12 PM
The 3 seconds of Renegades on the Hub intro video on their website looks pretty cool. Looks somewhat like Resolute...oh and Transformers Prime looks like it is worth a watch.
The Hub | A New TV Network for Kids and Families, Coming 10.10.10. (http://hubworld.com/)

Cdt Weasel
09-08-2010, 04:20 PM
My sources say that Dwayne Johnson will be voicing Snake-Eyes.

CrimsonGuard101
09-08-2010, 04:21 PM
all this talk and what not and still no pics of the figures or actual adverisements and this comes out 10.10.10? I am not getting my hopes up for any of this until we get some prototypes out on where this is heading.

The Rock is ok, as long as he gets a cameo in ROC 2.0 :) I'll go see it just to see him playing Sarge from Doom again...

KingStalin
09-08-2010, 04:28 PM
I would love to have a Rock Joe figure. What a great choice. 3 cheers. Lee Majors? I'm not sure but it'll be cool to hear his voice.

ARBCOToys
09-08-2010, 04:30 PM
If I remember correctly the actual toy line isn't supposed to be out until next Summer/Fall. So there probably isn't a whole lot to show yet.

tt8l
09-08-2010, 05:01 PM
My sources say that Dwayne Johnson will be voicing Snake-Eyes.

HA! That would be hilarious... if he said.. "sure, I can do that" and then never had to come in and record lines, he just got cut a check.

I don't know anything about wrestling but the Rock guy seems like a decent dude and isn't a terrible actor.

CrimsonGuard101
09-08-2010, 05:10 PM
HA! That would be hilarious... if he said.. "sure, I can do that" and then never had to come in and record lines, he just got cut a check.

I don't know anything about wrestling but the Rock guy seems like a decent dude and isn't a terrible actor.

Can you smell what Snake Eyes is cookin!? I think I could live with snake eyes alking and his lips a movin if The Rock was making him talk!

Shipwreck
09-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Rock playing Roadblock, or GungHo would be cool. GungHo voiced by the Rock: C'Mon Bring It!

This will be awesome.

Scorpion
09-08-2010, 07:53 PM
according to EMI Rock is NOT going to be in Renegades but in TF: Prime as Cliffjumper G.I.Joe: Renegades Voice Cast Breakdown - GI Joe - ToyNewsI.com (http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=16333)

G.I.Spawn
09-08-2010, 08:14 PM
I smell what Renegades is cookin

Cobra Terrorist
09-08-2010, 09:53 PM
This is the single most untrue thing you've ever said. Cena >>> The Rock.

Oh my Christ, you have GOT to be kidding! John Cena doesn't even come close to the The Rock.

MeLikeJinx
09-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Everything The Rock touches turns to gold... except the Tooth Fairy, and The Gameplan, and Scorpion King... but everything else... GOLD!!! LOL.

Sailor_Joe
09-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Rock playing Roadblock, or GungHo would be cool. GungHo voiced by the Rock: C'Mon Bring It!

This will be awesome.

Dood... Gung-Ho voiced by The Rock!!! I can totally see this. I know he was in consideration for playing Shipwreck in the movie. Which, for the record, is a big NOOOO!!!!

But, having him voice GH for the cartoon is full of win!!!

Life4Dreadnok
09-08-2010, 11:04 PM
The Rock? LOL So much for his career if he is now relgated to voice over acting for a cartoon very few people will ever see. What do you think they are paying him? $300 an episode? Jeeezzz I knew his movies were bombing but Dammmmnnnn!

MeLikeJinx
09-09-2010, 12:13 AM
I knew his movies were bombing but Dammmmnnnn!
I really liked Race to Witch Mountain. LOL.

EdWLilly
09-09-2010, 12:13 AM
I'll take it. I always thought he make a good joe. Now to see if he's roadblock or someone else.

CrimsonGuard101
09-09-2010, 12:14 AM
I'll take it. I always thought he make a good joe. Now to see if he's roadblock or someone else.

He'll be Tunnel Rat...cuzz ya gotta smell tunnel rat as hes coming round the corner and what better person to voice little stinky rascal like tunnel rat :)

sci-find
09-09-2010, 07:27 AM
@ MOD: Please change the front page.

The HUB has stated The Rock will voice Cliffjumper in Transformers and will not be lending his voice talents to Renegades.

Jmacq1
09-09-2010, 07:36 AM
The Rock? LOL So much for his career if he is now relgated to voice over acting for a cartoon very few people will ever see. What do you think they are paying him? $300 an episode? Jeeezzz I knew his movies were bombing but Dammmmnnnn!

You mean a voice for what's probably going to be the most popular "boy's show" on the new network? (Transformers Prime that is)

Also: Voice acting is in no way a sign of a weak career. It's easy money between movie jobs, for a LOT of celebrities, and easy publicity for an animated or video game project...win-win. Unless you want to try telling us that Samuel L. Jackson's career was hurting when he did voicework on Afro Samurai?

Trooper13
09-09-2010, 08:04 AM
You mean a voice for what's probably going to be the most popular "boy's show" on the new network? (Transformers Prime that is)

Also: Voice acting is in no way a sign of a weak career. It's easy money between movie jobs, for a LOT of celebrities, and easy publicity for an animated or video game project...win-win. Unless you want to try telling us that Samuel L. Jackson's career was hurting when he did voicework on Afro Samurai?

^ This.

It's now common place for even A list actors to take work as animation voice over actors. You can show up in your PJ's, make good money, and many have said over and over again that much like old radio shows, it helps their overall acting ability as you have to rely on your voice and not mannerisms.

homer_sapien
09-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Since the rock isn't actually in it is there any news on who Lee Majors is going to do the voice of because looking at the known characters I can see him as Hawk.

firefly069
09-10-2010, 11:03 AM
it's voice acting, and they both have great voices. Is Lee Majors going to voice hawk?

Xenos
09-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Lee Majors is doing Hawk. It was mentioned in the "Renegades Character Descriptions and Cast" thread.

General Hawk
09-10-2010, 12:24 PM
I've also updated my G.I. Joe: Renegades Superpage with all of the known voice actors so far (and who they're playing):

G.I. Joe: Renegades News and Information | Generals Joes - A blog about the importance (or unimportance) of little plastic men (http://generalsjoes.com/g-i-joe-renegades-superpage-2/)

Justin

TheVileOne
09-11-2010, 02:24 AM
Good job with the site General Hawk. Its nicely organized.

Though sadly it looks like Hub and Hasbro have decided to leave marketing the series to the fan community.