PDA

View Full Version : Signed up for directv and discovery kids(hub) today

kennywr22
09-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Did the switch over today from comcast cable to Directv. Made sure i got the discovery kids channel which will be the HUB 10/10/10. So im all ready for some renegades action. Now if they would just show us something new from it to hold us over..Hint, hint Hasbro!

Sgt. Airborne
09-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Welcome to DirecTV! Why didn't you PM me so that we each could have gotten 100 bucks???

Just kidding

nickvree
09-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Glad my cable package already has Discovery Kids so I don't have to worry about it! :)

dj7000
09-03-2010, 12:03 PM
So comcast wont be carrying the hub?

kennywr22
09-03-2010, 09:44 PM
No comcast should be carrying it also. I'm just tired of comcast. Never want to help. So back to Directv..

Angry.Android
09-04-2010, 09:45 AM
You should search youtube for some of the Comcast horror videos, they are hilarious. Especially if you have any experience in the cable industry, from the installation side.

rascal!
09-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Anyone know if it's free to add the HUB through comcast, or do you have to get a premium package

SNAKE EYES
09-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Pretty sure the HUB is in an upgrade package on Comcast.

If you just have basic cable you won't have the HUB

Syn3sthesia
09-04-2010, 03:07 PM
So, I guess the episodes won't be accesible online?

Sailor_Joe
09-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Question for those who are technologically savvy about DirectTV.

I'm considering getting DTV (not only for the HUB but for different reasons). But they want me to drop a $300 deposit for the box/receiver. Now I've seen these things sold at flea markets and even Craigslist for fairly cheap. I'm wondering if I buy one of these if I can skip the whole deposit thing and just have them connect an previously used receiver.

sparks007
09-04-2010, 04:32 PM
I had direct tv the only problem with satellite is it goes out when it rains...or when it is too windy ....or cloudy....or there are trees in the way.

Echo7Solo
09-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Pretty sure the HUB is in an upgrade package on Comcast.

If you just have basic cable you won't have the HUB

I think your right. I have about the biggest package there is so it isn't a problem for me. Plus I called Comcast to make sure they were not making any changes.

Trooper13
09-04-2010, 06:40 PM
I think your right. I have about the biggest package there is so it isn't a problem for me. Plus I called Comcast to make sure they were not making any changes.

I asked a friend of my who works at TW to look into it, but I haven't seen her lately. I tried actually contacting TW which was amusing. I got a response from someone who said they couldn't help me, but could forward it to someone who could. That person got ahold of me and assured me that they didn't know. What a bunch of assclowns.

4mykid
09-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Im a Directv and Dish Network dealer. I can get all the refferals applied to new customers. PM me if anybody has questions!

dj7000
09-06-2010, 09:51 AM
I had some issues with comcast, but the 30 times i talked to them, they were nice and tried to fix the probelm. It was fixed and i got lots of perks along the way. Plus i dont have to deal with the weather issue with satelite. Discovery kids however is not shown in HD on comcst. Im hoping that becmoes an option once the transfer is made to the Hub.

Steevy Maximus
09-06-2010, 07:00 PM
So, I guess the episodes won't be accesible online?
Don't know yet, but somebody ALWAYS had the new episodes of Transformers Animated on youtube within hours of a premiere. So I have no doubt, if nothing else, there will be youtube.

Question for those who are technologically savvy about DirectTV.

I'm considering getting DTV (not only for the HUB but for different reasons). But they want me to drop a $300 deposit for the box/receiver. Now I've seen these things sold at flea markets and even Craigslist for fairly cheap. I'm wondering if I buy one of these if I can skip the whole deposit thing and just have them connect an previously used receiver.
I'm not entirely sure here (we haven't had satellite for some 5 plus years) but just from my experience, my father was able to reactivate our Direct TV account using the same box we had gotten initially on a different TV (on a different floor) without issue. And this was after a year or two of not using the system.

I think so long as you have the authorization card (which ours had, not sure if that has changed in recent years) you are good to go, but I'd go ahead and call just to be sure.

Steevy Maximus
09-06-2010, 07:04 PM
I had some issues with comcast, but the 30 times i talked to them, they were nice and tried to fix the probelm. It was fixed and i got lots of perks along the way. Plus i dont have to deal with the weather issue with satelite. Discovery kids however is not shown in HD on comcst. Im hoping that becmoes an option once the transfer is made to the Hub.

Just a general reminder here, Cartoon Network was, once upon a time, a premium channel. For most of the 90s, CN wasn't a standard option on extended cable offerings. But around 2000, it started to be picked up more and more.

I think if the Hub is a solid enough channel and can gain some momentum (new Transformers series is a HUGE perk), we'll eventually see it on basic providers, but my feeling is that it will take years for that to happen.