PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who likes Renegades Ripcord?

RenHoek
08-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Seriously, I think the design is nice, and I am grateful that they changed him back into an actual paratrooper. I don't care if he's black or white, I only care if he actually does what his name suggests he does. Ripcord was never a wannabe pilot to anybody, so I'm glad his character was changed back. Just a thought, I'm sure a lot of people disagree with me on this one...

Headman
08-28-2010, 05:06 PM
Short answer... Yes.

kennywr22
08-28-2010, 06:13 PM
I like the design also. Its no surprise to anyone I'm sure, but I like all the designs for renegades so far.

CobraResolute
08-28-2010, 06:25 PM
The 1984 Ripcord figures was one of my favorites back in the day. While I don't really like the idea of changing ethnicities or genders of established characters I am not totally against it in this case as Ripcord was never really a big character in the whole scheme of things. Yes he did have the spotlight on him in a few Marvel issues...which were really good, but all and all he was (sadly) forgettable.

I think they should have just put in Stalker to the line up for ROC, but since they've already altered Ripcord they feel there that the kids will recognize the character for Renegades.

Monkeywrench
08-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Well I haven't scene a whole lot of him yet, however what I have, I'm not a fan

Immortal_Joker
08-28-2010, 07:21 PM
I liked Ripcord in the movie he really didnt make an ass of himself and figured out Destro was behind the attack so I get the feeling Renegades Ripcord has a big part in this series.

Shin-Gouki
08-28-2010, 07:23 PM
short answer... Yes.

win!

Zefram
08-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Based solely on the design, he looks good. Haven't seen him enough in action to decide beyond that.

OP makes a good point in that in being a paratrooper he's a lot more faithful to the original character though.

G.I.Spawn
08-28-2010, 08:30 PM
I like the character. I have a good feeling about this toon. The only thing I'm curious about is, when they introduce the crimson twins. When one gets hit, is the other one going to act like he gets hit also??? I'm not to crazy about that, so we'll see. Looking forward to it though.

Trooper13
08-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Holy crap, a Ripcord that jumps out of planes?!? Sounds great to me. The only thing I remember seeing of him was during the SDCC samples, and I dug what I saw there. We got anything new?

RenHoek
08-28-2010, 08:35 PM
[QUOTE=Trooper13;1932893]Holy crap, a Ripcord that jumps out of planes?!? [QUOTE]

Well he base jumped off a building, so I'm pretty sure he's gonna use a parachute to jump out a plane at least once in the series..

Griff
08-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Short answer... Yes.

seconded. :D

snakeeyes566
08-28-2010, 08:38 PM
I like the design also. Its no surprise to anyone I'm sure, but I like all the designs for renegades so far.

who doesnt man? they are great. i said it. i want the toys..cuz i like uniformed looks