PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe DVD Collector's Set

destro72
08-24-2010, 06:09 PM
I just received the GI Joe dvd set from Shout, and must say I'm a little disappointed. There was no dog tag flash drive in the box as advertised, and the book of jewel cases with the CD's is pretty cheaply made. Looking forward to watching these episodes again though. Did anyone else have similar issues with items missing from the box?

Shogi
08-24-2010, 07:41 PM
I'd contact Shout Factory about the missing items, I'm sure they'll replace them for you

destro72
08-24-2010, 09:47 PM
I'd contact Shout Factory about the missing items, I'm sure they'll replace them for you

I sent them an e-mail, we'll see what happens.

Hard-master
08-25-2010, 03:03 PM
got mine about a month ago and had the same missing item

Derek2783
08-25-2010, 03:11 PM
My flash drive came in a separate mailer... but that was for the Joe movie offer

xSwamiJayx
08-25-2010, 03:16 PM
I ended up with a promo version and it is complete...ly awesome.

I don't mind the cardboard cases for the discs and it was complete as well. I would recommend calling rather than email though. More likely to get a direct answer. There should be a 1-800 number on the box somewhere.

destro72
08-27-2010, 06:24 PM
After talking to Shout, and doing a little research, I think I may have purchased a bootleg set. I bought this set off off of ebay, and it is slightly different from those I've seen at retail stores. There is no metal clasp on the front of the box, no USB flash drive, and the layout on the inside of the box is slightly different. The booklet, tattoos, and disks all look exactly the same though. The Shout rep I talked to said them have been having trouble with overseas reproductions being sold online.

Foolproof
08-27-2010, 06:32 PM
After talking to Shout, and doing a little research, I think I may have purchased a bootleg set. I bought this set off off of ebay, and it is slightly different from those I've seen at retail stores. There is no metal clasp on the front of the box, no USB flash drive, and the layout on the inside of the box is slightly different. The booklet, tattoos, and disks all look exactly the same though. The Shout rep I talked to said them have been having trouble with overseas reproductions being sold online.

Sad Trombone (http://www.sadtrombone.com/)

Seriously, that sucks. I'm sorry that happened to you.

firefox91
08-27-2010, 11:13 PM

I heard about those. How is the quality of the videos and how much did you pay? If the videos are good, you still might have got a good deal. You aren't missing much on that USB drive. The comics on it were completely forgettable. But I guess if you wanted the drive itself, then I can see the problem.