PDA

View Full Version : I can get the Complete G.I. Joe Collector's Box Set for $80.00 SHIPPED, would you?

The Amazing Mutato
08-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Okay here is the deal. I have a $20.00 gift card to walmart.com and they have The Complete GI JOE boxed set for $98.00, with tax and shipping probably around $83.00. Would you guys jump on this or wait longer? I heard that there are Asian Box Sets being sold at flea markets that are identical, for $30.00. What should I do?

Beach_Head
08-06-2010, 09:52 PM
I'd buy the real deal, unless you just want to watch the series and it isn't going to be part of your collection...

SmokedPorter
08-07-2010, 06:43 AM
Totally worth it.

P8_Pro
08-07-2010, 06:58 AM
I wouldn't even spend a second further debating if you should buy an Asian knock off. The REAL set is completely worth it and aside from Amazon, Wal-mart has the best price. Have it shipped Site 2 Store and you can pick it up in your local wal-mart for free.

I utilized their site 2 store option for the first time with POC, while everyone was scrambling to find the vehicles I had a complete set of the wave 1 vehicles delivered and waiting for me in a week.

I absolutely love the DVD collector's set and the company (Shout) deserves some recognition, not some cigarette smoking Chinese crooks!

hantei40
08-07-2010, 07:03 AM
get the real thing. You really never know what the knock off is going to have everything right and let's just say Knock off return policies... have limited options

crock master
08-07-2010, 07:57 AM
just wait and watch the episodes on the hub

The Amazing Mutato
08-07-2010, 08:00 AM
What is The Hub?

sharky
08-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Okay here is the deal. I have a $20.00 gift card to walmart.com and they have The Complete GI JOE boxed set for $98.00, with tax and shipping probably around $83.00. Would you guys jump on this or wait longer? I heard that there are Asian Box Sets being sold at flea markets that are identical, for $30.00. What should I do?
I would if I were you. That is if I didn't already have all the individual volumes already.

get the real thing. You really never know what the knock off is going to have everything right and let's just say Knock off return policies... have limited options
Yup, I wouldn't trust any import DVD at a flea market. They are probably bootlog and they probably work half the time in my experience. Usually, very bad quality and not worth any amount of money.

What is The Hub?
It's the new TV network coming to cable and it's run by Hasbro. They are set to re-run the original cartoon series this fall I believe.

Still I would get the set for the price you are talking about. You get more than just the episodes. It's great for fans.