PDA

View Full Version : Awesome art-page of Renegades designer Clement Sauve's

kennywr22
08-06-2010, 12:00 AM
Ok so its no surprise im a huge fan for the art that we've seen for renegades so far. Well i've been searching the web daily for any info i can get on the subject and i came across this page of the designer of the show clement sauve. I had no idea that he was doing the designing. I love his stuff. If you do research he has done covers in the past for joe books. He did my favorite take on the dreadnoks and zartan clan from the cover of the graphic novel. Anyways check out this page and see what you think. I'm more excited than ever now.

ClementSauve's Gallery (http://clementsauve.deviantart.com/gallery/#)

spacemonkey
08-06-2010, 12:21 AM
I've been a HUGE fan of his for a long time. Renegades might do well with him attached. Here's for wishing!

kennywr22
08-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Can't believe i've never noticed him before. Gonna check out some of his books for sure now.

Sailor_Joe
08-06-2010, 12:27 AM
From his DeviantArt Gallery:

Somebody say Cobra Shock Trooper?
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/031/d/8/ao2_40th_day__special_ops_by_ClementSauve.jpg

kennywr22
08-06-2010, 12:40 AM
I keep looking through his various sketches and I'm truly impressed. He does amazing webgear. Can you imagine what the figures could look like? Can't wait.

CrimsonGuard101
08-06-2010, 12:45 AM

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/031/d/8/ao2_40th_day__special_ops_by_ClementSauve.jpg

Only if they follow through to the toys those will look good. BUt knowing hasbro they will have spiky hair like Cloud from Final Fantasy 7 with huge guns like a sigma 6 guy would have.

This sketch is however very rad...and tubular to boot. I hope something turns out like that in the cartoon...it retains POC look and feel just right as long as the proportions remain human...no super skinney legs with huge ass shoes, micro pea sized head with exagerated chest and that whacky I used too much butch wax in my hair style...

KALASH69
08-06-2010, 05:22 AM
Very cool artwork there.

Trooper13
08-06-2010, 06:07 AM

O.M.G. that is freakin' AWESOME! lol
I hope that is what we're looking at for the Troopers.

Zefram
08-06-2010, 06:08 AM
I like what i see so far.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy302/zeframmann/Reactions/80697476.jpg

jllewis80
08-06-2010, 08:55 AM
unfortunately these are designs for the Army of Two game, The 40th day. The sketches are available in a menu of the game.
Also look for issues 1 and 2 of Infantry. They are more than a few years old and can be had on the cheap. He's been doing some work for the french comic label Soliel.

However realizing that he is working on the series.....
this is gonna be good.

Sailor_Joe
08-06-2010, 10:55 PM
unfortunately these are designs for the Army of Two game, The 40th day. The sketches are available in a menu of the game.
Also look for issues 1 and 2 of Infantry. They are more than a few years old and can be had on the cheap. He's been doing some work for the french comic label Soliel.

However realizing that he is working on the series.....
this is gonna be good.

Yes... But couldn't you see the adaptation to the Cobra Shock Troopers? Seriously... It's amazing. And while the design may be used for the other, it may very well be in his creative right to hold the privileges to the art. So he changes a few accessory designs and you've got the Shock Troops....

Not saying it's happening... But it's feasible.

And if anything... it's a vision of the style of what we can expect from Renegades... I'm even more excited...

General Hawk
08-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Kenny, THANK YOU. I've been trying to dig up some info on the artists and folks working on the series for a while now, too.

Awesome info! Love this art.

Justin

kennywr22
08-06-2010, 11:19 PM
No problem! I'm making it my goal to search each day for info on this series. I love the designs, art and the idea behind it. Can not wait for it to start and then the toys!!

Derek2783
08-07-2010, 01:07 AM
I hope his Joe stuff will be available at some point. Id love to own one of his Joe sketches!

CrimsonGuard101
08-07-2010, 02:45 AM
This picture scares me for the captioned reasons...

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/members/crimsonguard101-albums-stuff-picture34149-renegades.jpg

And if they had made this guy's head proportional I would buy like 50 of em if he looked right. Why does he need such a small head? I modified him some to make him look more human.

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/members/crimsonguard101-albums-stuff-picture34151-vulcanguy.jpg

Gundamben831
08-07-2010, 03:58 AM
This picture scares me for the captioned reasons...

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/members/crimsonguard101-albums-stuff-picture34149-renegades.jpg

And if they had made this guy's head proportional I would buy like 50 of em if he looked right. Why does he need such a small head? I modified him some to make him look more human.

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/members/crimsonguard101-albums-stuff-picture34151-vulcanguy.jpg

the large guy looks like one of the bosses from army of two the second game.

plague
08-07-2010, 04:24 AM
wow! great voice actors and an uber-talented super artist. this cartoon is really looking good. now, if the scripts match up in quality and the dailogue is sigma six tunnel rat free, i think we got something. plus, did i mention this is going o be told in a serialized format. hot dog!

Hicks_Royel
08-07-2010, 04:33 AM
the large guy looks like one of the bosses from army of two the second game.
Exactly what I was thinking. With a bit of the Nod Officer thrown in from C&C Renegade.

http://www.cncnz.com/images/games/renegade/characters/nod_officer.jpg

Baron Samedi
08-07-2010, 06:14 AM
Hahaha!

YOINK!

I was wondering who the artist was who designed these. It's all KILL!

WeaponXIII
08-07-2010, 10:06 AM
If they keep the designs yet not stylize the figures so they can fit with past collections like the current POC, Im in

part 2
08-07-2010, 10:09 AM
i dont think any of this is for gi joe look at the file names
Ao2 40th day gattling gun boss
ao2 40th day Salem and Rios
ao2 40th day: grunt head rough
not gi joe

kennywr22
08-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Its not gi joe. Its his previous work. He can't show the joe stuff yet. This is just to get an idea of What his work is like. Amazing stuff.

Scotty97
08-07-2010, 10:49 AM
The moment I see kids, I think of the bullsh!t cartoons like Transformers: Animated where they felt that they had to insert smart-ass kids in order to draw in a younger audience. That pandering drives me nuts, it's like adding the cute 4 year old cousin to the Brady Bunch or any family show that had jumped the shark.
I really dig the guy's other designs, and he's a damn fine artist. I can deal with the cartoon not having blood and violence as much as Resolute, that's to be expected with a real "kids" cartoon. But they don't have to dumb it down for the audience.
Here's to hoping the designs for the kids are just style sheets for Hasbro and not actual character designs.

**edit** now I see Kenny's post. Some relief, some disappointment.

Caravankidd
08-07-2010, 11:13 AM
I really like his art style. I know this is not his work for GI Joe but it's still cool to see how he handles military style characters and some of the near future feel.

speedocub
08-07-2010, 12:08 PM
If this series focuses on kids in the middle of a war zone much like Armada did with Transformers...you can count me out...way out.

Joseph
08-07-2010, 12:34 PM
I am so pleased by how easy Hasbro is making this all for me. I mean, they're practically paying me not to be interested in this direction they're taking.

kennywr22
08-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Sorry to here that Joseph. I feel the opposite. I'm really interested in the direction. I hope everyone knows that picture of the kids is not from gi joe and that he added the names for a joke.

CrimsonGuard101
08-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Sorry to here that Joseph. I feel the opposite. I'm really interested in the direction. I hope everyone knows that picture of the kids is not from gi joe and that he added the names for a joke.

Yeah it was just for fun, but the likness of that first kid and the images shown of the new renegades duke are strikingly similar lol. The kiddy style Snake Eyes and the baggy pants also resonates it. My image was just there to give us a taste of things to come :)

GI JOE Renegades the animated series vs. the Clone Wars/Transformers Animated kids afterschool special. Whoes the biggest baddest kids on the school yard! Only time will tell! This month on the Hub!

Troynos
08-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Seriously people, calm down. None of the art has anything to do with Renegades. To even make a connection between the stuff shown and Renegades, like the pic of the kids, is ridiculous.

None of this is Renegades related.

It's just the work of one of the artists. We don't even know if this is the style of show.

Shin Densetsu
08-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Seriously people, calm down. None of the art has anything to do with Renegades. To even make a connection between the stuff shown and Renegades, like the pic of the kids, is ridiculous.

None of this is Renegades related.

It's just the work of one of the artists. We don't even know if this is the style of show.

The styling of the faces and proportions of the bodies are similar if you look closely. Stylistically there are similarities that may not be noticeable if you just glance at it. The long arms, squat legs, simplified/exaggerated facial expressions are all things I see similar with some of Sauve's designs and the cel of Duke we saw months back.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the cartoon. Even some of the diehard fans who were completely against TF Animated ended up liking it.

I just want to see a great cartoon with a great story. It's good for the longevity of the brand, one that has struggled to remain relevant on retail shelves since its return to mass market retail in 2002. It's been 8 years and we only got 1 decent cartoon(Resolute). I hope Renegades is another.

Troynos
08-07-2010, 02:25 PM
The art style is similar, yes, but we don't know about the detail level.

To complain about what the pics show and how they relate to Renegades is silly because we don't know, beyond the same artist, how it relates to Renegades.

That kids pic looks like it might be for another show. Both the boy on the left and the big boy seem to have similar wristbands on and the boy on the left looks like he's talking into it or pushing buttons.

Shin Densetsu
08-07-2010, 02:38 PM
The art style is similar, yes, but we don't know about the detail level.

To complain about what the pics show and how they relate to Renegades is silly because we don't know, beyond the same artist, how it relates to Renegades.

That kids pic looks like it might be for another show. Both the boy on the left and the big boy seem to have similar wristbands on and the boy on the left looks like he's talking into it or pushing buttons.

The illio of the kids is from another show, it even says so on Sauve's deviantart page and our news posts specifically states that his Renegades work is under NDA. Same artist and similar styling is already visibly apparent, therefore the "hint" part of the news post. This isn't like pulling a John Byrne 20-30 years later where the style is completely different.

Mnemosis
08-07-2010, 02:44 PM
So, I get that this *isn't* from GI Joe or anything, but... that said... how has NO ONE commented on the fact that the big heavy weapons guy is pretty much the design of the forthcoming Destro figure? I mean, seriously... there is a LOT of similarity there.

kennywr22
08-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Jeez. I didn't realize people would be getting so worked up over this. None of it is Gi joe. This is simply the art of the designer of the gi joe renegades. Most of this is from his work on army of two and other games. Of course you can see the influence in the joe character pictures we saw but to think it's gonna look like these is not accurate. Of course this is a cartoon series that will be a little more simplified designs(they have to be). I for one love this guys work. His armor designs and weapons, and jackets are awesome. I also love how his people look. I think this show is in great hands.

Troynos
08-07-2010, 02:50 PM
The illio of the kids is from another show, it even says so on Sauve's deviantart page and our news posts specifically states that his Renegades work is under NDA. Same artist and similar styling is already visibly apparent, therefore the "hint" part of the news post. This isn't like pulling a John Byrne 20-30 years later where the style is completely different.

Right, but as we can see, people only need the littlest "ammo" and they go right off the speculation deep end.

Zefram
08-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Right, but as we can see, people only need the littlest "ammo" and they go right off the speculation deep end.

Epileptic Trees - Television Tropes & Idioms (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EpilepticTrees)

Shin Densetsu
08-07-2010, 02:55 PM

Let them see for themselves once the cartoon airs. I'll admit, there are some cartoons I didn't really bother giving a chance to, like The Batman and Batman Brave & The Bold.

Yet the latter I caught once when I was board and I actually found the production quality to be pretty high. Who knows. Some of the guys who already hate Renegades might come around. I used to be a very very very vocal critic of the movie Transformers designs up until a few months prior to its premiere.

The best all of us can hope for is a good cartoon. In the 8 years that Joe has been back in mass market, we've had OPERATION HISS, Sigma 6, Spytroops, VVV, et al, cartoons, all of which were very kiddified. Sunbow started it for a lot us, Resolute threw us a bone, and Renegades is here for the long term, I just hope this long term project is enjoyable.

Troynos
08-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Jeez. I didn't realize people would be getting so worked up over this. None of it is Gi joe. This is simply the art of the designer of the gi joe renegades. Most of this is from his work on army of two and other games. Of course you can see the influence in the joe character pictures we saw but to think it's gonna look like these is not accurate. Of course this is a cartoon series that will be a little more simplified designs(they have to be). I for one love this guys work. His armor designs and weapons, and jackets are awesome. I also love how his people look. I think this show is in great hands.

^ This

XAMOT
08-07-2010, 04:15 PM
I pray to GOD that this will be good.

Angry.Android
08-07-2010, 04:22 PM
guy's art is really good. Did you catch his frontpage journal entry? Apparently he's none-to-pleased with Jamar Miller. He's claiming Jamar ganked one of his works and modded it up and claimed it as his own, then when confronted about it, retroactively tried to give back some credit. Very drama laden

CV2.0
08-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Really, what's not to like?

This is the style nowadays, and it could have been a whole lot worse.

Look at Transformers Animated. If it was like that we'd all have a lot to complain about, but I think what we've seen, coupled with what we're seeing now, should have us all excited.

That said, you can't make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time.

Renegades Rules!

SteelCity86
08-07-2010, 05:57 PM
I dont think anyone is getting too "worked up", at least not in this thread. Everyone has a right to their opinion, lets just let them have it. Im trying to keep an open mind, but as things come in people have an opinion on them, whats wrong with that? This is a forum dedicated to discussion. The more we have to discuss the better IMO.

He has too very different styles in the pics we can see on here. There is the military style stuff which I think looks great, and the pic of the kids that looks like Nickelodeon's cartoon of the past Doug. It would be awesome if Renegades resembled the military style stuff, but from what we have seen so far of the new toon the characters look much closer to the kids then they do the soldiers (I believe the soldiers pic has the caption "army grunts"). The faces on those kids are strikingly similar to the faces on the Renegades stills. Duke looks more like Doug than Duke. Its unfortunate because looking at this art you can see how awesome he could have designed the characters. The army grunts pic really shows that IMO. The characters dont have to look like kids for the show to be kid friendly. As others have mentioned, the perfect example of this is Batman: the animated series. They didnt have to make Batman look like a teenager, and they didnt have to dumb it down either. Its very kid friendly, but its also watchable for an adult. They have said that they arent going to dumb Renegades down, so I am still holding out hope. I would love for this series to be like Batman TAS. That would be the best outcome possible IMO.

Troynos
08-07-2010, 07:40 PM
I dont think anyone is getting too "worked up", at least not in this thread. Everyone has a right to their opinion, lets just let them have it. Im trying to keep an open mind, but as things come in people have an opinion on them, whats wrong with that? This is a forum dedicated to discussion. The more we have to discuss the better IMO.

Nothing wrong with it, except in this case the stuff being shown has no direct coorelation to Renegades so using it to draw a conclusion on Renegades doesn't make any sense.

kennywr22
08-07-2010, 08:21 PM
I really wouldn't say it's two different styles . If you look at the faces they are pretty much consistent. I think its not to fair to say the pictures we saw weren't like the military style because let's see here we have snake eyes in a pretty much ninja get up. Scarlett with a very similia out fit from before. Baroness in a cool familiar black outfit. Destro in a suit...etc. basically lets wait till we see some cobra troop types or wait for the Joe's to progress(remember this is supposed to be the start.) I think his artwork is pretty consistent just depends on the subject.

CrimsonGuard101
08-07-2010, 09:32 PM
Nothing wrong with it, except in this case the stuff being shown has no direct coorelation to Renegades so using it to draw a conclusion on Renegades doesn't make any sense.

So by your assesment there is absotuley zero resemblance to anything he has done in the past to how his style will influence the renegades cartoon in the future? Artists usually do not just turn a 180 on the way they draw especially if it is a specific style they are known for. I think your choosing to ingore that possibility on purpose. The man draws like this, those kids in that picture have the exact same styling we have seen in just about every non masked Renegades character shown to date. If he makes it like the military image she has from AoO2 then great, but given hasbros design decisions (and yes they have the final say on this cartoons image) yeah I am 100% certain those kids styles are definetly what were getting, no way out of that one I am affraid.

Heres another side by side of the renegades duke and kid duke in the kid group pic...his freaking nose is even earily similar...

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/members/crimsonguard101-albums-stuff-picture34223-duke-renegades-large2.jpg

swafus
08-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Absolute garbage. I have 0 interest in this toon as it will obviously just be more of the TF animated style.

Troynos
08-07-2010, 10:01 PM
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/members/crimsonguard101-albums-stuff-picture34223-duke-renegades-large2.jpg

The art style is similar cause it's the same artist. But saying that the pics of the kids has any bearing on Renegades is silly.

We've already seen the character designs for Renegades and the style of them. What does the pic of those kids have to do with it? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

So they have the same nose. Big deal. I can show you a thousand pages by Jim Lee that have the same style yet each book is distinct even when drawn by the same hand.

So they look the same.

That tells us nothing.

Tone of the series, dialogue, etc.. All that plays a hand in it.

Each pic is colored differently, giving them different feels as well.

General Hawk
08-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Right, because after all, who cares about good story, a gripping plot, and great voice actors? If it doesn't "look right" it automatically blows.

Justin

CrimsonGuard101
08-07-2010, 10:09 PM
The art style is similar cause it's the same artist. But saying that the pics of the kids has any bearing on Renegades is silly.

We've already seen the character designs for Renegades and the style of them. What does the pic of those kids have to do with it? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

So they have the same nose. Big deal. I can show you a thousand pages by Jim Lee that have the same style yet each book is distinct even when drawn by the same hand.

So they look the same.

That tells us nothing.

Tone of the series, dialogue, etc.. All that plays a hand in it.

Each pic is colored differently, giving them different feels as well.

Maybe to you means nothing but it speaks volumes to others, especially with what is most likley going to come from the toys stylizations. And yes his concept drawing style tells us alot for Hasbro designs teams to correlate into the figure designs, much like they had to do with ROC in order to appease the studios thats made the designs. So your saying it would be pointless for hasbro to release the figures to look like thier on screen counterparts, cause they sure did with TF animated and Clone Wars? I don't think so, they will put these to toy form and those kiddie faces/heads will look rediculous as action figures. They scream Doug or Ben 10....

I am not in it for the cartoon, it can totally suck or totally rock for all i care, I am in for the toy line, that is what i collect, not Joe movies and 8 years of this better spawn some great toys...thats all i am saying yo.

kennywr22
08-07-2010, 10:29 PM
You know I'm not sure what some of you are thinking. Last I checked I think Hasbro is targeting the next generation of fans, the kids! The art style is not like transformers! The people look like people not the deformed ones from transformers animated.man I know everyone has their own taste but some of these statements are just not factual at all.

Shock Viper
08-08-2010, 01:11 AM
His designs look awfully lot like 2011 Destro one with a guttling gun and a case full of money.

Shin Densetsu
08-08-2010, 02:45 AM
guy's art is really good. Did you catch his frontpage journal entry? Apparently he's none-to-pleased with Jamar Miller. He's claiming Jamar ganked one of his works and modded it up and claimed it as his own, then when confronted about it, retroactively tried to give back some credit. Very drama laden

Didn't see that yet, last one I saw was the one about Renegades work being under NDA and about his favorite character being Storm Shadow(WIN!). All artists deserve proper credit, seeing someone claiming your work as theirs does not make anyone happy.

EXACTLY

Baron Samedi
08-08-2010, 02:58 AM
"Waaaah! Please make my cartoon just for grown men who collect plastic toys!"

Does anyone remember Samurai Jack? That show looked "kiddie" but it was awesome as hell. Same can be said for the Clone Wars cartoon, and I liked it. Hell, Resolute was pretty anime in its own right. Justice Leage? The Brave and the Bold?

Remember the cartoons in the mid and early 90's? Do you remember how much "realistic detail" they tried to shove into them... and how much of an eyesore that they were?

When artists go with this dynamic and semi-abstract style, it transitions for smoother animation. Simpler, yet more fluid. It makes fight scenes look wicked as hell, and it allows for a degree of body language that otherwise doesn't work with realistic characters. Seriously, watch the "detailed and realistic" cartoons. It may look nice in stills, but the animation was shit.

Grow up. This cartoon is going to look great. And you'll all watch it.

Shin Densetsu
08-08-2010, 03:07 AM
Seriously, watch the "detailed and realistic" cartoons. It may look nice in stills, but the animation was shit.

That is all dependent on budget and other factors, it isn't always a definite. Afro Samurai had excellent animation that did not look kiddified at all but I didn't care for the story. The 90's X-Men cartoon looked great but the animation was choppy.

Your example can apply to a great many cartoons but not all. Avatar was good all around. Patlabor, Evangelion, et al, had pretty good animation and story too.

swafus
08-08-2010, 03:11 AM
"Waaaah! Please make my cartoon just for grown men who collect plastic toys!"

Does anyone remember Samurai Jack? That show looked "kiddie" but it was awesome as hell. Same can be said for the Clone Wars cartoon, and I liked it. Hell, Resolute was pretty anime in its own right. Justice Leage? The Brave and the Bold?

Remember the cartoons in the mid and early 90's? Do you remember how much "realistic detail" they tried to shove into them... and how much of an eyesore that they were?

When artists go with this dynamic and semi-abstract style, it transitions for smoother animation. Simpler, yet more fluid. It makes fight scenes look wicked as hell, and it allows for a degree of body language that otherwise doesn't work with realistic characters. Seriously, watch the "detailed and realistic" cartoons. It may look nice in stills, but the animation was shit.

Grow up. This cartoon is going to look great. And you'll all watch it.

Posts like this are a prime example of why I rarely participate in this forum anymore. What entitles you to beat up on people for not liking something? I think the animation style is garbage and could give a shit about kewl and fluid ninja sword fights or whatever. I usually ignore the self-deflected whining posts but this is just getting stupid. and FYI, Samurai Jack sucked.

SNAKE EYES
08-08-2010, 03:16 AM
Absolute garbage. I have 0 interest in this toon as it will obviously just be more of the TF animated style.

TF Animated was a great show... if you watched more than a couple episodes you would know.

It pays homage to TF G1 in almost every episode it does more justice to TF then the TF movies and IMO if GI Joe Renegades is half as good as TFA then we'll have a hit cartoon.

Edit: Season 2 and 3 of TFA are great if you ever get a chance to watch them.... do it :)

SNAKE EYES
08-08-2010, 03:19 AM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1234525508_ben_stiller_-_do_it.gif

SNAKE EYES
08-08-2010, 03:24 AM
Posts like this are a prime example of why I rarely participate in this forum anymore. What entitles you to beat up on people for not liking something? I think the animation style is garbage and could give a shit about kewl and fluid ninja sword fights or whatever. I usually ignore the self-deflected whining posts but this is just getting stupid. and FYI, Samurai Jack sucked.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lMHdYVxOlEI/S-1nqCq2AcI/AAAAAAAABMg/BG3EfctfiK4/s400/KettleCallingPotBlack.jpg

Shin Densetsu
08-08-2010, 03:24 AM
TF Animated was a great show... if you watched more than a couple episodes you would know.

It pays homage to TF G1 in almost every episode it does more justice to TF than the TF movies and IMO if GI Joe Renegades is half as good as TFA then we'll have a hit cartoon.

Edit: Season 2 and 3 of TFA are great if you ever get a chance to watch them.... do it :)

Dude...buy the Allspark Almanacs if you don't already have them...the amount of homages in the 2nd volume alone...holy shit...

TF Animated was one of the cartoons that was deceptive; highly styalized and a lot of fans thought it was kiddified but the story was actually good. Hell I think episode 6 had Arcee and HER back story was very interesting. You don't even know what ...uh...well how things turn out until season 3 but it's a great tie in. Character development was key. Prowl was a DICK in the 1st season but gradually became alright in season 2, and by season 3...yeah...pretty cool.

Hopefully Renegades will have great character development. I have a feeling that Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow's rift will stem from a big misunderstanding with some surprising after effects that have fans feeling for them later on.

We'll get our 1st taste of Renegades on 10/10/10. Like with previous cartoons, some opinions will change. Before TF Animated aired there were many critics and supporters. After the 1st episode premiered, there was a role reversal on the part of some of the most vocal on either side. The same may happen here, so who knows. I hope Renegades will be likeable but I won't know until October.

swafus
08-08-2010, 03:26 AM

It pays homage to TF G1 in almost every episode it does more justice to TF than the TF movies and IMO if GI Joe Renegades is half as good as TFA then we'll have a hit cartoon.

Oh, I've seen the show, many episodes in fact, and I still didn't care for it. The style absolutely killed it for me. There were definitely G1 nods but if I can't get into a cartoon visually, then it's makes no difference how good the story is. If I want great stories and crappy visuals, I'll read books. I'm glad you and alot of others enjoyed it though as I'm sure you will Renegades. They will no doubt toss in a bunch of classic joe references and nuggets to keep us all buying the figures.

swafus
08-08-2010, 03:29 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lMHdYVxOlEI/S-1nqCq2AcI/AAAAAAAABMg/BG3EfctfiK4/s400/KettleCallingPotBlack.jpg

Indeed, who am I? and who are you to judge me for judging him judging the rest of us for judging something? Wrap your brain around that one.

SNAKE EYES
08-08-2010, 03:34 AM
Dude...buy the Allspark Almanacs if you don't already have them...the amount of homages in the 2nd volume alone...holy shit...

TF Animated was one of the cartoons that was deceptive; highly styalized and a lot of fans thought it was kiddified but the story was actually good. Hell I think episode 6 had Arcee and HER back story was very interesting. You don't even know what ...uh...well how things turn out until season 3 but it's a great tie in. Character development was key. Prowl was a DICK in the 1st season but gradually became alright in season 2, and by season 3...yeah...pretty cool.

Hopefully Renegades will have great character development. I have a feeling that Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow's rift will stem from a big misunderstanding with some surprising after effects that have fans feeling for them later on.

We'll get our 1st taste of Renegades on 10/10/10. Like with previous cartoons, some opinions will change. Before TF Animated aired there were many critics and supporters. After the 1st episode premiered, there was a role reversal on the part of some of the most vocal on either side. The same may happen here, so who knows. I hope Renegades will be likeable but I won't know until October.

I was actually going to order it from Previews, but didn't I figured I would have been depressed to see what could have been.

Also agreed on everything in your post :)

Baron Samedi
08-08-2010, 03:49 AM

Well, I was more making remarks toward people who are being whiny pansies about it. If they can have an opinion about a show, I can have an opinion about them. I mean, these opinion things are free.

But seriously, judging by your remark- if I keep people like you off the boards then I will sleep a bit better tonight.

Shin Densetsu
08-08-2010, 03:55 AM
I was actually going to order it from Previews, but didn't I figured I would have been depressed to see what could have been.

Wait until you see the prototypes and ortho drawings for cancelled items...like the leader class Powermaster Prime Animated style........

Hopefully Renegades items will all be released instead of getting the axe; even successful cartoons like Animated had canceled toys.

Joseph
08-08-2010, 07:37 AM

Oh, don't be sorry. I'm glad for you that the direction is something you appreciate. For a lot of people, G.I. Joe is practically a way of life and its evolution is an adventure to be had. This is not the case for me. If the 25th line had been a modern interpretation of the original characters, I wold not have cracked my wallet to buy them. Since they were pretty faithful to the vintage toys I had, with improved sculpting and articulation, I ate them up. Joe is pretty much a done deal in my head. I don't care about this or that version in this or that comic. I don't care about Rise of Cobra or it's extension in Pursuit of Cobra. I don't need Joe to evolve to maintain an interest. I'll pick up a few characters here and there when they meet my standards, like the upcoming Low Light. Otherwise, I'm not driven to buy something just because it has a G.I. Joe label on it.

I'm happy with my collection. As long as you're happy with yours, then I don't begrudge you a thing. I don't want mine to resemble yours, but I hope you enjoy it.

American Joe
08-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Don't care much for the anime looking characters, but his geared up pieces look pretty badass!

I think I'll wait to see official pictures first before getting my hopes up--don't want to be disappointed. Do we even know if this artist is a principal artist or just a contributor?

swafus
08-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Well, I was more making remarks toward people who are being whiny pansies about it. If they can have an opinion about a show, I can have an opinion about them. I mean, these opinion things are free.

But seriously, judging by your remark- if I keep people like you off the boards then I will sleep a bit better tonight.

Exactly, you're chastising those of us that don't care for the style and hiding behind the "oh, you're just whining" shield. If you like the style then happy day for you but don't insinuate that everyone that doesn't is doing so just to be derisive.

Troynos
08-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Honestly, how can anyone look at the character designs we've seen and make any comparasion to the highly stylized human figures from TF Animated?

We already know what Renegades is going to look like. We've seen the character designs and the trailer.

Renegades is closer to Resolute then it is anything else.

Also, just because we've seen the art doesn't mean the toys are going to follow the animated style like Clone Wars did. We don't know for a fact that it is. Anything right now is speculation.

I've never understood why people adopt a "sky is falling" mentality before anything has even been seen.

Trooper13
08-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Honestly, how can anyone look at the character designs we've seen and make any comparasion to the highly stylized human figures from TF Animated?

We already know what Renegades is going to look like. We've seen the character designs and the trailer.

This. While the animation is different, they definitely have similarities, and everything we've seen of Renegades so far moves just like Resolute. Very fluid.

Also, just because we've seen the art doesn't mean the toys are going to follow the animated style like Clone Wars did. We don't know for a fact that it is. Anything right now is speculation.

I've never understood why people adopt a "sky is falling" mentality before anything has even been seen.

I posited this awhile ago. I think, should PoC do well, the figures won't change much at all. Look at the Resolute figures. They fit right in alongside 25th and RoC, and that cartoon looked very different from anything in ARAH and obviously the movie. I think Hasbro was being truthful when they said the figures would ft in beside what we have now. I think the figures will be the same basic figures we've been getting, just the uniforms, haircuts, accessories, ect. will fall more inline with Renegades, then with what we've been getting.

I could be wrong, but completely resculpting the line seems like alot of money that they don't need to spend.

CrimsonGuard101
08-08-2010, 01:12 PM
This. While the animation is different, they definitely have similarities, and everything we've seen of Renegades so far moves just like Resolute. Very fluid.

I posited this awhile ago. I think, should PoC do well, the figures won't change much at all. Look at the Resolute figures. They fit right in alongside 25th and RoC, and that cartoon looked very different from anything in ARAH and obviously the movie. I think Hasbro was being truthful when they said the figures would ft in beside what we have now. I think the figures will be the same basic figures we've been getting, just the uniforms, haircuts, accessories, ect. will fall more inline with Renegades, then with what we've been getting.

I could be wrong, but completely resculpting the line seems like alot of money that they don't need to spend.

They resuclpted for POC didn't they? Didn't need too they had plenty of parts to use from 25th/Resolute/ROC already right? They resculpted all of the old star wars stuff for Clone wars to get their new vision out on the shelf...both of which really were not nessecessary either... but they did it. They als made a lot of tooling for ROC that was cancelled, they can spend money on molds and tools and they frankly do nto really care if it makes money or not or they would not do so.

Clone wars figures can "fit in" in with other star wars figures if your into that sort of mix and match just beecause it has the star wras lable on it but when I read "fit in" it I do not see them meaning "continues with the same look and feel"...It just reads they are going to prepare us for another change and there is not much we can do about...cept either get really excieted or get really disapointed..... again...lift us way up with POC like they did with Resolute then drop us to the basmeent like they did with ROC and potentially the same with Renegades...

Trooper13
08-08-2010, 01:27 PM
They resuclpted for POC didn't they? Didn't need too they had plenty of parts to use from 25th/Resolute/ROC already right? They resculpted all of the old star wars stuff for Clone wars to get their new vision out on the shelf...both of which really were not nessecessary either... but they did it. They als made a lot of tooling for ROC that was cancelled, they can spend money on molds and tools and they frankly do nto really care if it makes money or not or they would not do so.

Clone wars figures can "fit in" in with other star wars figures if your into that sort of mix and match just beecause it has the star wras lable on it but when I read "fit in" it I do not see them meaning "continues with the same look and feel"...It just reads they are going to prepare us for another change and there is not much we can do about...cept either get really excieted or get really disapointed..... again...lift us way up with POC like they did with Resolute then drop us to the basmeent like they did with ROC and potentially the same with Renegades...

They didn't make as much resculpting and retooling as you think for RoC. They reused ALOT. Sure the headsculpts they retooled, and paid alot of money for. They got burned on that real bad. Like I said, you'll see the headsculpts, haircuts, and uniforms change, but the basic bodies of the figures I think will stay the same. Resolute Duke's body with a little paint will likely show back up with Renegades Duke's head for all we know.

Clone Wars is lightyears farther away in animation from anything that property has had before. With Renegades that isn't the case, and that's a fact. Renegades is much less farther away from Resolute, then Resolute was from ARAH. Yet Resolute still used the same figures as a base and had just aesthetic changes to the uniform styles. There is absolutely NO reason to think that the basic figures we've been getting all along wouldn't work as a suitable base for this line.

Star Wars also plays by COMPLETELY different rules then Joe. First Hasbro doesn't get the final say with SW. Second, Star Wars can afford to run two lines, one to cater to the adult fans, and one to cater to the kids. Joe can't. So it's in Hasbro's best interest to keep the figures with as broad appeal as they can. Even if it's just changing the headsculpts, and accessories so that the bodies and vehicles still appeal to the older fans and customizer crowd.

Clem
08-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Guys, seriously, none of the art posted on my website or deviantart page has anything to do with Gijoe. As many people have accurately pointed out, the soldiers are designs for Army of 2: the 40th day, and the kids are from a personal project, drawn 2 years ago. Are there similarities ? yes, possibly explained by the fact that I drew them.

kennywr22
08-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Clement if that is really you I wanted to say awesome stuff! Can you share any insight on the joe cartoon at all? Oh and when you ever get back to having time I want to commission a zartan sketch for sure!

dj7000
08-08-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm not getting a real good feeling on this at all. Much like ROC, the toys may be the deciding factor on whether or not I get interested. As of now, this does not hit me like Resolute did.

Troynos
08-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Guys, seriously, none of the art posted on my website or deviantart page has anything to do with Gijoe. As many people have accurately pointed out, the soldiers are designs for Army of 2: the 40th day, and the kids are from a personal project, drawn 2 years ago. Are there similarities ? yes, possibly explained by the fact that I drew them.

Thanks for clearing it up Clement. Welcome to the 'Tank.

Star Wars also plays by COMPLETELY different rules then Joe. First Hasbro doesn't get the final say with SW. Second, Star Wars can afford to run two lines, one to cater to the adult fans, and one to cater to the kids. Joe can't. So it's in Hasbro's best interest to keep the figures with as broad appeal as they can. Even if it's just changing the headsculpts, and accessories so that the bodies and vehicles still appeal to the older fans and customizer crowd.

Good point. Do we know that it was Hasbro that wanted to create the Clone Wars style figures or was it Lucas?

And like Trooper mentioned, we've seen the Resolute animation and the Resolute figures. Renegades is close to Resolute in style, so could assume the figures would follow the same lines.

Clem
08-08-2010, 03:01 PM
yeah Kenny it's me, thanks for plugging my deviantart page BTW :)

I wish I could post some art or let you in on any details about the show, but I really can't do that. I'll definitely post some Gijoe designs as soon as I'm allowed to, but that won't be before the series airs on 10/10/10.

As for the character art that's online, as some of you might know, it was presented in context at the Joe con and SDCC, where the producers and writers explained that it is all production art, some of it not final, and that a lot of it will change and evolve as the series goes along, so don't get too worked up about anything just yet. !0/10/10 is not that far off, so please, at least give the show a shot before completely writing us off. We're all big joe fans and we're all working our asses off on this. In the end you might like it, or you might not, but I assure you that the few fuzzy screen shots and rough color guides that have made their way online do not accurately represent how great I think this series will be.

Clement if that is really you I wanted to say awesome stuff! Can you share any insight on the joe cartoon at all? Oh and when you ever get back to having time I want to commission a zartan sketch for sure!

kennywr22
08-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Hey no problem Clem. Ill plug your art all day long. Fantastic stuff. Thanks for the info on the show that you can give. I know I'm one of many who are truly looking forward to the show. Do You know of any toy news about the show or any way to hint whether they are going for your style type figures or not? You probably can't say but I'd thought I'd give it a shot. Oh, welcome to the tank also.

Steel Brigade
08-08-2010, 11:33 PM
He's a talented guy for sure!!

Shin Densetsu
08-09-2010, 12:40 AM

I knew, the news post was to give fans a taste of your work and also show them some of the talent behind the show. We very rarely get info on who is working on GI Joe cartoons, so it's cool to see what the artist(s) is capable of, and to see who is working on the show.

It was the same situation with GI Joe Resolute, I was very excited to learn Dos Santos/Titmouse & Dan Norton were working on it.

I have 1 question; I'm guessing you were able to see the Storm Shadow prototype. Were you impressed by what you saw?

Beckley
08-09-2010, 02:02 AM
How come nothing in ROC looked nowhere as cool as these images?

Joseph
08-09-2010, 04:18 AM

I think this is where there is some level of misunderstanding when considering the perspective of people like myself. I don't care about Resolute, Renegade or Rise of Cobra. I have already figured out my angle of appreciation for G.I. Joe. That being said, I hope G.I. Joe continues to evolve and some people get from that evolution exactly what they want. For some people, 165 versions of Cobra Commander are not enough; but for me, the three with which I grew up are all I need. I love the 25th versions of them. I don't think the sky is falling because I'm upset that Hasbro is releasing a Cobra Commander figure I don't like while feeling some useless obligation to buy them. To do otherwise is handing over ownership of my own hobby to someone else. This is why there is so much bitching over Rise of Cobra or Valor V Venom or Sigma Six. So many people feel like their interest in this franchise entitles them to dictate its direction to, and for, everyone else. In my opinion, the smarter route is to pick and chose which parts apply to their own interest in it. What better way to take ownership of it? Sit around and bitch about a movie they had no part of, while going out and convincing themselves the toys are wonderful? Nope. Fools.

Troynos
08-09-2010, 10:20 AM
This is why there is so much bitching over Rise of Cobra or Valor V Venom or Sigma Six. So many people feel like their interest in this franchise entitles them to dictate its direction to, and for, everyone else. In my opinion, the smarter route is to pick and chose which parts apply to their own interest in it. What better way to take ownership of it?

Very true. The sense of entitlement causes alot of needless issues.

General Hawk
08-09-2010, 10:38 AM
I agree with the two posts above. Just because something doesn't conform to your own personal sense of what G.I. Joe "should be" doesn't make it crap.

For myself, the 25th Anniversary line was boring. It was just the same old stuff redone with newer parts. Whoopie. But I know a lot of other folks loved that stuff, so I don't talk about how terrible it was, just that it's not my thing. I'm not "owed" anything, even though I've been buying this stuff literally non-stop for twenty-eight years. If it helps build the brand, great. The 25th line obviously did that, so even though it wasn't my cup of tea, I would never assume that it's just total garbage.

Justin

Joseph
08-09-2010, 11:32 AM
I've been buying this stuff literally non-stop for twenty-eight years.

This is a part of all this I don't understand.

kennywr22
08-09-2010, 11:50 AM
This thread is getting a bit off topic so I want to get it back on subject. What do you guys think of his covers he did for a few joe issues? Mainly baroness. Cool stuff. Like Clem stated, we need to just wait a bit and see the first episode at least before people go crazy.

edhellman
08-09-2010, 01:12 PM
When I first saw the concept art for Renegades I honestly loved it. I hope the writing matches the art in quality. The shot of Scarlett getting onto the helicopter in the preview clip is really great. After finding out that Clem Sauve is the same guy who did the GI Joe covers for Dreadnocks and the few with the Baroness on the cover I am even more psyched. These were some of my all time favorite covers and I had not put together that they were by the guy who designed Renegades! Awesome!

Some of the character redesigns are perfect in my eyes and others seem a bit odd but I am more than willing to give Mr Sauve the benefit of the doubt. Cobra Commander in particular looks different than we ever saw him before and I am not used to it yet. That said, I want an artist who is willing to try new things and redesign classic characters in ways that fit. I hope CC is a character we see evolve over time in his design - Mindbender as well. The young Mindbender is a great new take on a fairly stale character.

I cannot wait to see the crimson twins, serpentor (if he shows up) and, of course, firefly and my boy zartan.

The flat, retro style to this cartoon really appeals to me.

10/10/10 cannot come soon enough!!!!

Mr Sauve, I hope to hear more from you on this board whenever you get the time. Your work on Infantry and the concept art for Army of Two really excite me. I've spent all weekend doodling and trying to learn your style (not gonna happen).

Mr.Kane
08-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Well well well this says alot and notting at all...

kennywr22
08-09-2010, 04:34 PM
i agree edhellman. i really like the cobra commander design alot. I love them all.i've been waiting for a good re imaging of gi joe that i would like and thus far i'm all about renegades. hopefully we are lucky enough that clem can give us some more insight and share more designs as he is allowed. i know im gonna get killed for this but after seeing these designs im actually more excited for what these figures will look like than i am for poc.. dont get me wrong, i love poc and im buying them all, but the style that these bring excite me.

Clem
08-09-2010, 06:22 PM
I wish I could answer your question, but I can't, simply because I have not seen any of the toys yet. Hasbro toys and Hasbro animation are 2 separate entities, and I work for Hasbro animation. While I do try to keep the toys in mind when designing the characters, my job is to design characters for the show, not the toys. Hasbro has plenty of talented artists and sculptors whose job it is to concentrate solely on the toys, so I'm sure that not matter what me or the rest of the Renegades design team throw at them, they'll turn it into a cool toy.

I have to admit though, I'll be giggling like a schoolgirl for a week if the Stormshadow figure looks anything like my designs :)

I knew, the news post was to give fans a taste of your work and also show them some of the talent behind the show. We very rarely get info on who is working on GI Joe cartoons, so it's cool to see what the artist(s) is capable of, and to see who is working on the show.

It was the same situation with GI Joe Resolute, I was very excited to learn Dos Santos/Titmouse & Dan Norton were working on it.

I have 1 question; I'm guessing you were able to see the Storm Shadow prototype. Were you impressed by what you saw?

kennywr22
08-09-2010, 06:34 PM
So can verify that the toys are being made just you haven't seen them? Thanks again Clem.and I'm dead serious about wanting to commission azartan pic.your rendition is so badass!

Clem
08-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Actually, I cannot confirm or deny that toys are being made. Like everybody here I just assume that toys will be made, and that's what I meant when I said that I keep that in mind when designing the characters, but since Hasbro toys is a separate entity, and given the fact that I live in montreal, far from both Hasbro studios and Hasbro toys, I have no idea if they are being made or not.

I know it sounds like I'm trying to keep things under wraps, but I honestly have no idea.

So can verify that the toys are being made just you haven't seen them? Thanks again Clem.and I'm dead serious about wanting to commission azartan pic.your rendition is so badass!

kennywr22
08-09-2010, 07:38 PM
I really hope they do and they follow your designs closely.I for one will buy them all.

CrimsonGuard101
08-09-2010, 09:26 PM
This what frightens me...it's what caused the hell spawn of ROC to become figures...but in a way it could be a good thing. However the true source should not be dumbed down for the toy, too many cool things are lost in that translation. Like his gatling gun guy or the look alike shock trooper/solider which are pretty awesome.

Hasbro toys and Hasbro animation are 2 separate entities, and I work for Hasbro animation. While I do try to keep the toys in mind when designing the characters, my job is to design characters for the show, not the toys. Hasbro has plenty of talented artists and sculptors whose job it is to concentrate solely on the toys

He may not be able to give us any hard answers, but this in a way is also disapoitning cause once it gets in the penny pincher Hasbro board room, all hell breaks loose and what we end up with is nothing like what was shown or originnaly deisgned. Prime example of this is the Turdle Vipers from ROC. They look pretty damn cool in the movie (all be it to alien/Starwars Stormtrooperish for GI JOE) but thier toy counter parts suffered the ugly stick....by that deisgn teams approving department heads...

Long as the ROC deisgn heads were locked up and the key thrown away and they let the creative talent of the POC line level design team work thier POC magic on your drawings (and keep them human) I will be astounded...but I am not getting my hopes up until I can see more toy images...need some protos!

Gyre! Call your overseas connection asap!

kennywr22
08-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Yes I hope they have better toy designers than they did on the movie for sure. Yea I liked the vipers in the movie but the figure was just off.I'm pretty sure renegades is in better hands. I hope anyways. I want faithful renditions of these characters with great articulation.

Shin Densetsu
08-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Yes I hope they have better toy designers than they did on the movie for sure. Yea I liked the vipers in the movie but the figure was just off.I'm pretty sure renegades is in better hands. I hope anyways. I want faithful renditions of these characters with great articulation.

I think the Renegades toyline may fare better because AFAIK there are no royalty payments involved, hopefully meaning that the budget for this line is bigger.

kennywr22
08-11-2010, 12:39 AM
Hey Clem if you happen to see this post i was just wondering if you have heard anything about when we might see some more things from renegades, be it stills,art or anything really? I would hope with a 10-10-10 start date(that is when it premieres right?) me might start seeing something more.Thanks.

TheVileOne
08-15-2010, 04:02 AM
I'm looking forward to the series and getting a new episodic GI JOE series on the air. Thanks for posting here Clem.

The premise is interesting and sort of turns the concept on its head with GI JOE being rogue agents of sorts. I just hope the show has a decent animation budget and good production values.

I also hope it gets past a first season. But at least we are getting a 26 episode first season. Can't tell you how disappointed I was after Spectacular Spider-man and Wolverine And The X-men got killed. Its hard to get invested in a new show these days.

Baron Samedi
08-15-2010, 04:14 AM

Dude, your stuff is SICK. I totally yoinked one for my Avatar. I spent days looking for your stuff after playing Army of Two: 40th day.

How do you manage to streamline a detailed concept down to a more fluid and dynamic piece without instinctively leaning toward realistic proportionalism? That's my thing- I can never finish a product because I want all the key details.

Clem
08-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Hey Kenny, I asked if there would be a good clean version of the SDCC posted online in the near future, I'll let you know as soon as I've got news.

As for the stills.... I think it'd be hard to post any more characters without spoiling anything. As producer extraordinaire Jeff Kline pointed out during the SDCC panel, more joes than what has been shown will be showing up, so hang tight. Just because your favourite character hasn't shown up in the first few episodes doesn't mean he's not in the show, it might just mean he's not in the show YET :)

Hey Clem if you happen to see this post i was just wondering if you have heard anything about when we might see some more things from renegades, be it stills,art or anything really? I would hope with a 10-10-10 start date(that is when it premieres right?) me might start seeing something more.Thanks.

kennywr22
08-17-2010, 12:12 AM
Thanks Clem. A lot of people are not liking that picture the hub is using and I know there are better ones. Your art is awesome. I can't wait to see the cartoon. Thanks for answering. Looking forward to seeing zartan I hope.

kneroh
08-17-2010, 12:14 AM
I love how Clem is here is posting!

I'm a big fan of your work and we have a few friends at the hub in common. I can't wait for your work to come alive!

kennywr22
08-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Can't wait to hear back from Clem. Hopefully he can show us some better pictures or tell us a little about what we've seen so far
After watching all the sdcc videos I'm even more hyped. Sounds like they are really planning this out well. Come on October. ...

Derek2783
08-23-2010, 03:13 AM

I thought they did a pretty darn good job with the toys all things considered, and this is coming from one of the most outspoken haters of that crap they call a movie. The RIA figures in particular were amazing, and despite the fact that many of the concepts sucked (blue camo, turtle vipers, etc), RoC figures brought us a higher level of detail than most of what we'd seen with the 25th/ME line (a few select figures like Alpine or the Alley Viper excepting).

I love how Clem is here is posting!

I love it when guys involved in the property show up here! :D

kennywr22
08-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Hope everything is going as planned for the premier.

TheVileOne
08-25-2010, 11:54 PM
So kennywr22 does not have a conniption since Clem can't post anything:

Toy News International - Daily Action Figures Toy News, Reviews and Discussions (http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=Hasbro%2FGIJoe_Renegades%2F%2FPromo)

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/Hasbro/GIJoe_Renegades//Promo/Duke.jpg

kennywr22
08-26-2010, 12:00 AM
Thanks vileone.but I already have these pictures saved and have looked at them a hundred times.haha...I will try to be patient and wait ..sorry Clem.

TheVileOne
08-26-2010, 12:08 AM
Just look at them again so you can stay patient. Listen kenny, you are eager and all and I dig it. But Clem has been great so far in talking to us but his hands are tied right now. Let's leave Clem alone with asking him for freebies. When all the red tape is cleared then we can start asking the questions.

Just saying, I'd probably dial it back a little bit for now:

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/albums/Hasbro/GIJoe_Renegades//Promo/IMG_7822.jpg

Knowing is half the battle.

kennywr22
08-26-2010, 12:14 AM
Oh I know that. I'm basically just letting him know I dig his work. I know he can't show anything. I don't think he takes me serious about showing stuff. If he does I apologize.

TheVileOne
08-26-2010, 12:17 AM
We should be asking Hasbro since it's really at their discretion and are keeping everything extremely close to the vest right now.

kennywr22
08-26-2010, 12:20 AM
Your right. I'm half hoping someone from Hasbro would read these and say ok here's something to show you.

CrimsonGuard101
08-26-2010, 12:26 AM
Your right. I'm half hoping someone from Hasbro would read these and say ok here's something to show you.

Yeah kinda makes you wodner why Hasbro showed us the reject concept art (at least I really hope that was the reject concept art)...they seem to go the wrong way when things need to be advertised...they need to promote someone from the design team to marketing...

Baron Samedi
08-29-2010, 11:10 AM
This dude never answered my question.

That's it, Canada will suffer for this outrage. I will flush no urinals when I go there, and I intend to use no maple syrup for a month.

Take that, Clement.