PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro Combat Heroes

Cobra80
07-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Okay, so i might be the only one that liked the ARAH Combat Heroes. I picked up the Beach Head/Serpentor to give to my son. I picked up the BBQ and SS which are two really cool CH. I picked up the Canadian Shipwreck/Crimson Guard thanks to a Tanker.

I really like the ARAH style CH but not so much the ROC CH. But today I saw a picture of a 2010 SW Galatic Heroes At-At. Holy Cow, why can't Hasbro make some really cool Joe vehicles (USS Flag, Tomahawk, Ghost Hawk, Skystriker). Cobra vehicles (HISS tank, Water Moccasin, Rattler).

I know the answer because SW is bigger and does more $ales than G.I. Joe, but if they make all these cool SW vehicles it would be neat if they could do the same treatment with Joes. My son would love to have a Combat Hero size Skystriker

Flint071
07-21-2010, 02:20 PM
I really liked Combat Heros too, I have wave 1,2,3 on my shelf at work.

Kujo
07-21-2010, 02:21 PM
They are amazing. I wish they'd bring em' back hard.

Viper Commando
07-21-2010, 02:30 PM
I also liked the ARAH Combat Heroes. Currently have them displayed alongside my Terror Drome.

It would be cool to see some Joe vehicles in the Combat Heroes scale, but like you said SW has better sales then Joe. Hopefully the Renagades series will be popular enough with kids & Hasbro will revist the idea of Combat Heroes styled Joes.

sharky
07-21-2010, 02:41 PM
I liked them, but they always got pushed to the bottom of my list for other items I wanted. However, I was able to pick up Wave 1 at Walmart on clearance. :)

Python_Puckman
07-21-2010, 02:44 PM
I still wish they'd released these...

http://www.theterrordrome.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/walmart-combat-heroes.jpg

http://www.theterrordrome.com/forums/download/file.php?id=6084&sid=9ceda25cf02b8ae75076e03e0478c619&mode=view

CobraVirus
07-21-2010, 02:46 PM
I just recently started picking them up. I think they're OK. They will get a shelf all to themselves. I still won't pay full price yet.

KingStalin
07-21-2010, 03:05 PM
I've got all 3 waves and love them. I had forgotten about the walmart exclusives and I'm very sad as I need those!

Cdt Weasel
07-21-2010, 03:21 PM
I like my wave 1 & 2 of these guys. Never did feel like paying scalper prices for the 3rd wave though.

ChaplainAsst
07-21-2010, 04:01 PM
The Imaginext toys serve pretty well as Joe playsets and vehicles. They have a new carrier for 44.99 that would make a great Flagg. The Batman jeep makes an unbelievable Stinger. I believe it was Hantei that figured out that the RoC "Rapid Roller" Hiss tanks work pretty well as a Combat Hero tank once you remove the driver. (They are easy to find on clearance these days too). There was a Captain America helicopter for the Super Hero Squad that is an almost perfect Fang Helicopter. The Imaginext Batcave makes for a nice Cobra base.

Hasbro may have moved on from this line, but look around at Playskool and Imaginext and even the Superhero squad and Galactic Hero lines and you may find vehicles and playsets that will work quite well.

KingStalin
07-21-2010, 04:04 PM
I like my wave 1 & 2 of these guys. Never did feel like paying scalper prices for the 3rd wave though.

The prices are better now. I was able to get all of Wave 3 for 20 bucks on ebay.

The Conflict
07-21-2010, 04:06 PM
I loved my combat heroes,it really sucked when I found out my 3 year old flushed all but Roadblock and Baroness down the toilet.

The Conflict
07-21-2010, 04:09 PM

http://www.theterrordrome.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/walmart-combat-heroes.jpg

http://www.theterrordrome.com/forums/download/file.php?id=6084&sid=9ceda25cf02b8ae75076e03e0478c619&mode=view

me too, I really wanted stalker,wildbill and the twins...

ChaplainAsst
07-21-2010, 04:10 PM
me too, I really wanted stalker,wildbill and the twins...

Not to mention the awesome boxes! You buy two of those Cobra exclusives, but them together, and you have the top layer of a Terror Drome!

Cobra80
07-21-2010, 04:43 PM

Well the Duke is pretty much the same but instead of a machine gun he is holding the US flag. Wild Bill looks to be the same just painted different that came out under ROC Combat Hero label. Beach Head looks the same that came with Serpentor. SE looks the same that came with Zartan. I was really wanting the Cobra set to get the Twins.

Cobra80
07-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Do these 2 sets exist on the secondary market? I've never seen any listed on "The Bay" before.

The Conflict
07-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Do these 2 sets exist on the secondary market? I've never seen any listed on "The Bay" before.

I wish I knew,maybe the sets made it to the production stage and will turn up in canada or somewhere or maybe just one of each was made and never reached the production stage.

ChaplainAsst
07-21-2010, 04:59 PM
I think these were sold on one of the Chinese web sites, which is where the pictures came from.

Waxy
07-22-2010, 02:24 AM
Love these things. I have yet to get wave 3, but I've been pretty busy trying to track down the RoC Combat Heroes.

Never seen those boxed sets before. Hopefully, they show up somewhere. I'd love to have the twins.

Cobra80
07-23-2010, 07:36 AM
Well I noticed Duke's eyes are not painted.

Slaymaker
07-23-2010, 08:10 AM
My youngest loves his Combat Heroes...I have wave 3 tucked away to give him for his birthday next month. Like someone said above - he uses them with Imaginext stuff all the time...

Might have to find a rapid rollers tanks...never thought of that!!

shdwknt
07-23-2010, 09:10 AM
I think these were sold on one of the Chinese web sites, which is where the pictures came from.

Ya they where only available outta hong kong - they never made it to the US or even canadian Market.. shame too I missed them.

Huge Site Sale this weekend + all new joe pre-orders up

Trooper13
07-23-2010, 09:22 AM
My youngest son has some of the RoC Combat Heroes. They're cute little things, and alot of fun. I never saw any of the ARAH stuff in stores or I definitely would have gotten the Trooper. I like 'em!

Cobra80
07-23-2010, 09:25 AM
My youngest son has some of the RoC Combat Heroes. They're cute little things, and alot of fun. I never saw any of the ARAH stuff in stores or I definitely would have gotten the Trooper. I like 'em!

The ARAH Combat Heroes were a blast. Flint was really cool, Destro, BBQ, Beach Head, SS and Serpentor were all very cool. Serpentor is my fav CH figure. Really cool. Still would love to get the Crimson Twins. A two pack of the Crimson Twins would have been cool.

jestermon
07-23-2010, 06:02 PM
I love the Heroes, I got the Duke/trooper 2 pack for 42or$3 at some point, I cut up the Duke for some other project.

I wish the trooper would have had some more joints that would have allowed it to pull off more than the one pose, it's a neat pose mind you but more joints or just a couple of different scupts they could have repainted a million times if the line continued.

It is odd how this is one of the lines that didn't do so well, all the otehrs seemed to sell better.

And I still find it odd that the only heroes with 5 fingers were the Robot Heroes.

Cobra80
07-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Here are some Combat Heroes I would have loved for Hasbro to have made:

Airtight, Quick Kick, Spirit, Sgt. Slaughter, Chuckles (?), Alpine, B.A.T. (CH would Rule!), Snow Serpent, A.V.A.C. with Combat Hero Firebat vehicle, Eel v1, Alley Viper.

ChaplainAsst
07-24-2010, 11:06 PM
Cobra80, There are two masters of the custom combat heroes here on the tank: docfairday and hantei40 . Between the two, you will find a lot of the guys you mention. I'm kind of their apprentice - I've done a few customs you can find in my album (Oktober guard, eel) but these guys have done some amazing customs. With a lot of extra parts, some ingenuity, and use some "green stuff" puddy, you can create just about any character you want (my most difficult to date I've tried is an Iron Grenadier).
docfairday: Hasbro Heroes Forum - 14 new combat heroes added 3/20 (http://du5tin.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=custom&action=display&thread=1761)
hatei40: hantei40's Album: Combat Heroes - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe (http://www.hisstank.com/forum/members/hantei40-albums-combat-heroes.html)

Big IV
07-24-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm resisting grabbing these cute little guys because they do look addictive. I have enough Joes going at the moment, but might find a reason to need more soon.

Big IV
07-24-2010, 11:33 PM
The Imaginext toys serve pretty well as Joe playsets and vehicles. They have a new carrier for 44.99 that would make a great Flagg. The Batman jeep makes an unbelievable Stinger. I believe it was Hantei that figured out that the RoC "Rapid Roller" Hiss tanks work pretty well as a Combat Hero tank once you remove the driver. (They are easy to find on clearance these days too). There was a Captain America helicopter for the Super Hero Squad that is an almost perfect Fang Helicopter. The Imaginext Batcave makes for a nice Cobra base.

Hasbro may have moved on from this line, but look around at Playskool and Imaginext and even the Superhero squad and Galactic Hero lines and you may find vehicles and playsets that will work quite well.

I picked up my buddy's young son a few Imaginext Bat folk yesterday at TRU. I noticed the Flagg like carrier and drooled. I also noticed they had a lot of different airplanes in various fun colorful shapes. Some had action features. I wondered if the chubby joes would fit in those cockpits. Because that might be worth knowing in the future.

CobraVirus
07-24-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm resisting grabbing these cute little guys because they do look addictive. I have enough Joes going at the moment, but might find a reason to need more soon.

Addicting? Maybe. I bought my first few a couple of weekends ago. I've managed to find all but the exclusives one ROC set and two classic sets.

ChaplainAsst
07-25-2010, 07:50 AM
I picked up my buddy's young son a few Imaginext Bat folk yesterday at TRU. I noticed the Flagg like carrier and drooled. I also noticed they had a lot of different airplanes in various fun colorful shapes. Some had action features. I wondered if the chubby joes would fit in those cockpits. Because that might be worth knowing in the future.

We have all of the planes - except the carrier and its planes - and to answer your question: only the large red plane easily held a storm trooper galactic hero. The large blue plane might hold a smaller figure, but the problem with most is that you need to bend them at the waist to have them fit - and the combat heroes don't bend that way!

ChaplainAsst
07-25-2010, 08:25 AM
If someone was trying to collect the ARAH figures - including the Wave 3 Canadian ones - maybe try this ebay auction. This is an amazing deal, as the Wave 3 have gone for this amount before:
GI JOE COMBAT HEROES COMPLETE SET LOT of 24 NEW MISB - eBay (item 110562133070 end time Jul-26-10 17:32:07 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/GI-JOE-COMBAT-HEROES-COMPLETE-SET-LOT-24-NEW-MISB-/110562133070?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19be04444e#ht_500wt_931)

Weezus
07-25-2010, 09:12 AM
i really liked them.

if i was in preschool i would have flipped shit.

docfairday
07-30-2010, 06:29 PM
Cobra80, There are two masters of the custom combat heroes here on the tank: docfairday and hantei40 . Between the two, you will find a lot of the guys you mention. I'm kind of their apprentice - I've done a few customs you can find in my album (Oktober guard, eel) but these guys have done some amazing customs. With a lot of extra parts, some ingenuity, and use some "green stuff" puddy, you can create just about any character you want (my most difficult to date I've tried is an Iron Grenadier).
docfairday: Hasbro Heroes Forum - 14 new combat heroes added 3/20 (http://du5tin.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=custom&action=display&thread=1761)
hatei40: hantei40's Album: Combat Heroes - HissTank.com - G.I. Joe (http://www.hisstank.com/forum/members/hantei40-albums-combat-heroes.html)

I haven't really been around in months but I am truly humbled to find this writena bout me. Thanks Chap.