PDA

View Full Version : can we expect the target exclusive vehicles to be released soon?

Sunbow_Joe84
07-12-2010, 03:38 PM
I was looking up some old articles about the pursuit of cobra and saw the pics of the target exclusives such as elite viper with the flight pod and ram cycle with sandstorm. are these still planned for release?

Beckley
07-12-2010, 03:42 PM
:( :( :(

Nirvana
07-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Those have been canceled by Target. They were a part of the 09 Marketing Plan before PoC was changed to its current state.

Skylancer81
07-12-2010, 04:37 PM
I got 2 ram cycle ones with sandstorm from China last year off ebay. Folks said I was crazy paying an extra 7.50 each for them (17.50 shipped). I'd be kicking myself now if I had passed them up. Never see any of them on ebay anymore and last time I did they went for over 100.

Brcall
07-12-2010, 04:39 PM
I was looking up some old articles about the pursuit of cobra and saw the pics of the target exclusives such as elite viper with the flight pod and ram cycle with sandstorm. are these still planned for release?

You just made me start crying all over again. =*(

Gyre-Viper
07-12-2010, 04:41 PM
a few Q+A's ago Hasbro deemed them definitely canceled.

Sailor_Joe
07-12-2010, 04:45 PM
a few Q+A's ago Hasbro deemed them definitely canceled.

Yah... I think they're just biding time until the Renegades line kicks into high gear.

CobraCrimson
07-12-2010, 04:47 PM
This was worse then not getting the wave 3 Alpha vehicles here in the states for me, those Target sets looked way better!

Sunbow_Joe84
07-12-2010, 06:26 PM
in that case does anyone have any extra flight pod tubes so i can fix up my 25th anniversary one?

The Commander
07-12-2010, 06:33 PM
I really wanted that range viper one hopefully it'll come out with PoC

Roshan
07-12-2010, 06:35 PM
This was worse then not getting the wave 3 Alpha vehicles here in the states for me, those Target sets looked way better!

I disagree there, they were all rehashes of previous vehicles and figures in the Target sets. The Alpha sets had the polar sharc, Ice Storm (which was originally supposed to come out before Doc did, so it would have been a new sculpt), Lava Viper and Dusty. All four of those were a lot of new tooling or completely brand new.

sharky
07-12-2010, 06:36 PM
I say you can expect them to your hearts conent as long as you are good at dealing with disappointment. :P

Zefram
07-12-2010, 06:59 PM

I disagree there, they were all rehashes of previous vehicles and figures in the Target sets. The Alpha sets had the polar sharc, Ice Storm (which was originally supposed to come out before Doc did, so it would have been a new sculpt), Lava Viper and Dusty. All four of those were a lot of new tooling or completely brand new.

You two didn't miss that much with the W3 Alphas. They were an extremely mixed bag all around. The Polar Sharc was the one I wanted most and it ended up being a colossal disappointment (it was basically a steel coffin with an engine, barely longer than my hand) but had a nice figure in Ice Storm. The Tiger Paw was was a great use of the Ferret parts, and I found out the BFG mounted on it not only has a flip-out stand but can plug into the new H.I.S.S. The figure (Leatherneck) was an epic fail though. Desert Rockslide doesn't even make sense as a vehicle (sand would utterly destroy skis over any length of time), but Dusty was a good update. Like the Mole Pod, the Lava Pod is a fun little toy, and the Lava Viper is an awesome figure, but unfortunately he won't fit in his own vehicle.

Like I said, very mixed bag.

JoeMama
07-12-2010, 07:23 PM
wait, what? you guys didn't get them?
my Target was full of them, overloading in fact.
now if I could only find a regular Neo-Viper or ROC Destro , what's a brotha gotta do to find a Baroness?
And this is opposite thread.