PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy Fascism

Dealer Destro
07-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Best Buy Trying To Fire Employee Over Those Hilarious EVO Versus iPhone Videos (http://techcrunch.com/2010/07/01/best-buy-iphone-4-evo-4g/)

This about says it all. Unreal and absolutely abhorring. What say ye?

CV2.0
07-03-2010, 02:10 PM
I heard Best Buy may be closing shop soon.

I no longer shop there due to outlandish customer service.

The Delta
07-03-2010, 02:17 PM
can never find whatever i'm looking for whenever i hit a best buy.

boff123
07-03-2010, 02:45 PM
i bought about 2 things since they moved into the neighborhood. i rather spend my money at a variety of other stores. the employees, customer service, and the return policies are just horrible.

vermillion21
07-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Never been a fan of Best Buy ...

gijeff79
07-03-2010, 03:05 PM
i agree w/ all of you. Used to be like that before i got my job there some are there just for the check and discount.I personally take pride in my job by getting the product out in the rightful areas and helping the consumer.So all of us aren't bad

ChaplainAsst
07-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Every chain will have bad stores, every store will have a bad employee. I stop shopping when the manager of that store is uncaring. Of course, then you call the corporate office and talk about the manager you spoke with. Corporate doesn't care much about the high school kid who doesn't take pride in his job, but it does care in the expensive manager who they have invested time and training in.

Owner of a Lonely B.A.T.
07-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Jeez...its not like the employee used Best Buy in the video.

As for BB itself, well I know little about computer repair so I once tried to call Geek Squad when I had an issue, and couldn't even get a rep on the phone, ended up calling a local guy instead.

And I used to LOVE shopping at Best Buy for DVD's of which the selection seems to be dwindling more and more in favor of other departments weekly. So where I used to be able to walk in and get something like say, season 1 Leverage which I was looking for a few weeks back they didn't stock it. They would order it, but it was pretty expensive.

I went down the street to Walmart, and grabbed it for half the price. Which is the other issue for Best Buy...their not usually the best buy. Target, Walmart, Deep Discount.com, and many other places often sell stuff for MUCH cheaper.

NightVyper
07-03-2010, 04:47 PM
I abandoned Best Buy about 2 years ago for Amazon. Best Buy Changed their rewards system and made it worthless. I would get 2 or 3 rewards points for every dollar and I was spending 5000 dollars a year there. Prices were okay for my businesses needs but it was a great way to get free stuff for me. Once they changed the rewards at best to 1.5 pts per dollar it was no longer in my favor to stay I even complained to corporate and said if they changed this i would no longer shop there they didn't care, so my money goes to amazon. I was able to convince a few friends and family to follow suit, I figure all in all i have personally cost them 10K a year maybe more.

Zefram
07-03-2010, 05:02 PM
This...

In other words, nothing about this video seems to imply Best Buy in anyway. In fact, the only reason it will be tied to Best Buy now is thanks to this story.

... pretty much says it all. I wonder if the person who decided to net Best Buy all the bad publicity for firing this poor douche is gonna end up joining him.

Troynos
07-03-2010, 05:20 PM
I like Best Buy. I'm all for one-stop shopping. I hate shopping. It sucks that they're DVD racks are dwindling in favor of Blu-Ray. I don't want Blu-Ray yet dangit.

CV2.0
07-03-2010, 05:34 PM
I like Best Buy. I'm all for one-stop shopping. I hate shopping. It sucks that they're DVD racks are dwindling in favor of Blu-Ray. I don't want Blu-Ray yet dangit.

I'm going to skip Blu-Ray entirely and re-buy my entire DVD collection once the next technology hits.

Troynos
07-03-2010, 05:35 PM
By the time I care to upgrade, there will be a next technology, lol

pud333
07-03-2010, 05:39 PM
I hate BB. Their customer service is brutal. I'd rather gouge my eyes out than go into a BB these days. I also hate a lot of other stores like Walmart, but I have to go cause a) my gf likes it, and b) they have exclusives that other stores like TRU won't get.

Actually, come to think of it, I hate most brick and mortar stores. I'd rather just buy online and let the all knowing, all seeing Internet Gods mail me stuff to my doorstep. And then I also hate the mail system...

but yeah, BB is retarded for doing this.

fireflyguy
07-03-2010, 05:40 PM
I haven't seen the vids till now but they were funny. The corporates at BB are tards.

I hardly ever shop there anyway because their prices are higher and the most of the workers there don't really seem to know what they are talking about, at least at my local store.

Dealer Destro
07-04-2010, 01:37 AM
Yes the videos were very funny.

snakeeyes22
07-04-2010, 01:52 AM
Decent DVD selection. Good luck finding one!

Barefoot Jedi
07-04-2010, 02:04 AM
I had an employee at Best Buy threaten to call security on me because I walked in through the out door.

She told me I'd have to go back out and come back in the proper door.

It was surreal. I was like, "you work in a chain store...drop the Cleopatra imperiousness, please."

jason75
07-04-2010, 02:11 AM
I have always had great experiences with Best Buy - always able to find what I want and the staff has always been knowledgable and helpful. Maybe there's just strong manegement at the BB I shop at and it trickles down to the employees.

Joseph
07-04-2010, 03:31 PM
I keep thinking all these empty box stores would make great nightclubs.

Life4Dreadnok
07-04-2010, 03:37 PM
I like Best Buy for the most part. Never had a problem with them. I didn't watch the video because I don't really care if someone I don't know got fired for something.

Frank Talltree
07-04-2010, 03:56 PM
I had an employee at Best Buy threaten to call security on me because I walked in through the out door.

She told me I'd have to go back out and come back in the proper door.

It was surreal. I was like, "you work in a chain store...drop the Cleopatra imperiousness, please."

I hate when people do that. It's rude and lazy. I'm trying to leave and they are crashing into me and my cart, looking at me like I'm in the way. Now I've started looking away like I don't see them and then try to hit them with my cart. I got one guy real good and when he cried out I told him I wasn't paying attention 'cause I didn't expect anyone to be dumb enough to enter through an exit.
That chain store girl should be applauded for her effort. Finding out BJ indulges in this behavior has just ruined my holiday.