PDA

View Full Version : POC WOLF HOUND Quick Pics!!

Steel Brigade
06-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Hey Tankers!
Until I can do a proper review.... I just wanted to take a few QUICK snaps of my new Wolf Hound, as you can see, it is in fact marbleized, & like the oldskool days, requires assembly, the foot pegs are reformatted for the modern figures & everything fits nice & tight. :D

Launch mechanism works great! The colors are very oldskool (even with the marble) & White Out is identical to the ebay versions minus the ROC logo...I'll apply the labels over the weekend & get to a review/pics asap... Enjoy!!

KingBiohazerd
06-29-2010, 11:51 PM
O I can't wait to get this it looks better then I thought and love the new luncher

Troynos
06-29-2010, 11:54 PM
The launcher looks awesome.

Can't wait to get this.

KALASH69
06-29-2010, 11:55 PM
I hope all the new vehicles require assembly.

It looks great by the way!

Syn3sthesia
06-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Don't have an OG one so I'll settle for this.

Steel Brigade
06-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Yes the new launcher has a great working slide mechanism that really throws the missiles across the room, it's real fun!!

fireflyguy
06-30-2010, 12:01 AM
I'm probably gonna pass on this but I do admit that it looks nice. Thanks for the pics.

Dawg99
06-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Awesome can't wait to find these up in canada (i hope)

JohnnyAngel77
06-30-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm going to check out my TRU in the morning.

SNAKE EYES
06-30-2010, 12:33 AM
Looks cool... thanks for the pics SB

DaViper
06-30-2010, 12:35 AM
I think they might have overdone it with the marbleizing. I will pass on this, but regardless thanks for the pic SB! :D

Steel Brigade
06-30-2010, 12:36 AM
Your welcome my friends, it was my pleasure!

The L.O.C.
06-30-2010, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the quick review Steel Brigade! I only need four of these, the rest are yours!!!!

turner
06-30-2010, 12:48 AM
I can't wait for this, but not crazy with grey camo paint. It detracts from the vintage source, and looks verly uneven, light up front and heavy on the rear corner.

This was found at Toys R Us?

Barefoot Jedi
06-30-2010, 12:59 AM
Muy bien.

I think that one will be popular with the fanboy set at least.

xFlintx
06-30-2010, 01:01 AM
Can't wait to score one of these bad boys! Thanks for the pics SB.

Shin Densetsu
06-30-2010, 01:03 AM
Never had a Snow Cat but WILL once I find this bad boy.

Steel Brigade
06-30-2010, 01:08 AM
Your welcome guys, tomorrow night (probably late) I will try & take some quick pics of the HISS V5 until I can do I proper review of it. :)

JohnnyAngel77
06-30-2010, 01:10 AM
Just snagged this and the HISS on Amazon for $51.93.

Amazon.com: G. I. Joe Action Figures, Page 2 (http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1277870505/ref=sr_pg_2?ie=UTF8&me=AJF0HB30PBJAV&bbn=165993011&rh=n%3A165793011%2Cn%3A165993011%2Cp_4%3AG.%20I.%2 0Joe&page=2)

Cottonmouth
06-30-2010, 01:14 AM
I was going to pass on this, but this looks pretty nifty!

mattymatt
06-30-2010, 01:17 AM
I can't wait for this, but not crazy with grey camo paint. It detracts from the vintage source, and looks verly uneven, light up front and heavy on the rear corner.

This was found at Toys R Us?

Its cammoflauge. Areas that are raised are supposed to be darker, recessed areas are to be lighter, and your supposed to avoid even patterns. IMO hasbro did a great job with this even if it is basically a repaint. Now i just hope the redo the APC that would be awesome

Mr.Kane
06-30-2010, 01:24 AM
Yeah I need this badboy.

Unclassified
06-30-2010, 01:29 AM
that swirl is stupid, i'm pissed..

Steelgrave
06-30-2010, 01:38 AM
I still like the Street Fighter version the best. The new launcher is cool but I'm still gonna pass.

Cobra_Seph
06-30-2010, 01:49 AM
i will definitely grab a couple of these. thanks SB. looking forward to see your review of the hiss. kudos

Angry.Android
06-30-2010, 01:50 AM
I think it looks fantastic, but i will pass on it too. The scale to the new figures irks me and i stopped buying new stuff to add to my vintage collection. I will be focusing on the Hiss tanks and the new Vamp, as well as the mecha.

Thanks for the pics though, the look good!

Nirvana
06-30-2010, 01:51 AM
Sexy.

RockinHard
06-30-2010, 01:52 AM
that swirl is stupid, i'm pissed..
Me too. We saw pics earlier without it. Now it has it again. I hate it.

And if you notice, the artwork doesn't even have the marble. Seems like more flip-flopping than a politician in regards to Hasbro and their indecisiveness over the marbling.

Unclassified
06-30-2010, 01:54 AM
Me too. We saw pics earlier without it. Now it has it again. I hate it.

yeah, and i went and bought a few of em cus the pics that small joes had up.. oh well that sucks..

RockinHard
06-30-2010, 01:58 AM
Steel Brigade,

Are all the white parts separate from the black parts (tracks, etc.) when taken out of the box?

MeLikeJinx
06-30-2010, 02:02 AM
Damn; that thing looks good. Definitely close enough to the ARAH version for me to like it a lot. Now all they need to do is make a POC Havoc. LOL.

Fast_Draw
06-30-2010, 02:18 AM
FYI - you have the hood upside down on both of your White Outs. The fur part should be facing forward.

Thanks for the pics. Your brother found these, right? Isn't he in MA?

Moses
06-30-2010, 02:44 AM
I found this and the HISS today in Central NJ. Man, they are a throwback to old school goodness. Assembly required and all stickers need to be applied.

pud333
06-30-2010, 03:37 AM
Awesome can't wait to find these up in canada (i hope)

Me too. I think it looks great. Never had the original, always wanted it, and I think this looks awesome. Can't wait to have this in hand.

2pacnacho
06-30-2010, 04:20 AM
Looks great.

Bernit69
06-30-2010, 04:43 AM
Cool...I'm hoping to get two of them.

mj3141x
06-30-2010, 08:59 AM
I think I would have preferred solid white without any marbleizing personally.

samantha
06-30-2010, 09:06 AM
I like it.

Jmacq1
06-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Anyone besides me get the feeling this "July 1st" rumor is going to be a huge bust? Of course, I may just be bitter because my local TRU NEVER puts stuff out on the supposed "right" dates. Even for big "street date" releases they're usually like one or two days late at least. For other stuff they're more like a month or two behind.

The BLAY
06-30-2010, 09:15 AM
I hate and envy you on so many levels! lol
I cant wait to get this! My custom Frostbite needs his ride!

swafus
06-30-2010, 09:19 AM
The original Snowcat wasn't "marble-ized" IIRC and that has to be the worst factory weathering I've ever seen. The back half of that thing looks like somebody wiped their ass with it!

Nemesis_Enforcer
06-30-2010, 09:38 AM
The Snowcat was my very first vehicle when I was a kid. I must get this vehicle.

Flint071
06-30-2010, 09:43 AM
Arctic Gear is my new crack.

Is it wrong to need a 4'x8' sheet of plywood for an Arctic Dio.

I like the marbled look, I always had to dirty up my other arctic vehicles anyway, so this saves me the time.

minitrue
06-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Does the driver actually fit in the seat with the windshield down?

Unclassified
06-30-2010, 10:35 AM
I found this and the HISS today in Central NJ. Man, they are a throwback to old school goodness. Assembly required and all stickers need to be applied.

really moses, you found these in jersey?? i take it in the brunswicks? that's good news, i have to let my little couson know...
the poor kid been hearing how sick the new joe stuff is, but his father is to damn lazy to show him pics online and won't join the tank to show his kid either, i tell him all the time just join to show your kid pics of new product and all the damn excellent customs, but he refuses..

how many did you come accrossed in your travels moses?

Unclassified
06-30-2010, 10:37 AM
so, is that a new head sculpt on this figure, anyone know??

Shock Viper
06-30-2010, 10:58 AM
I hope you could do a side by side review with the old Snow Cat. and also I wish they could have made the missile launcher like the in the Rhino.

82joe
06-30-2010, 11:49 AM

what he said....looks too big

AMERICAN_Hero7
06-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Sigh...so disappointed it has the bird crap stains on it...guess I'm saving $25 on this one

Moses
06-30-2010, 12:22 PM
really moses, you found these in jersey?? i take it in the brunswicks? that's good news, i have to let my little couson know...
the poor kid been hearing how sick the new joe stuff is, but his father is to damn lazy to show him pics online and won't join the tank to show his kid either, i tell him all the time just join to show your kid pics of new product and all the damn excellent customs, but he refuses..

how many did you come accrossed in your travels moses?

I found them at TRU in East Brunswick - they only had one of each, so I am not sure if they had more and sold the others or if these were 'it'. I didn't travel out to any other TRU, so I am not sure if they hit in Woodbridge or not.

Gyre-Viper
06-30-2010, 12:25 PM
great find SB's brother. heheheh.
thanks for the pics SB.

Fast_Draw
06-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Woo hoo! I found them this morning, too. Warwick, RI.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1860/img0673yd.jpg

I found the Thrust last night in Dartmouth, MA though.

Hellion42
06-30-2010, 12:35 PM
I may have to pick this up. Can't wait to see more detail on the figure. Would much rather prefer a Frostbite, though. Thanks for the pics SB.

I found the Thrust last night in Dartmouth, MA though.

My grossly overpriced Henkei Thrust is crying a little inside.

Gyre-Viper
06-30-2010, 12:37 PM
oh come on.

hahahaha.

this is why all dvd's and music come out Monday's at midnight
and all comics come out on Wednesdays and Vadersquest comes out at parades. so that everyone can have some at the same time.

I really don't agree with this sporadic distribution situation.

Vlad1138
06-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Both Vehicles were spotted at a TRU here in Rochester this morning! Happy hunting.

Steel Brigade
06-30-2010, 12:51 PM
Steel Brigade,

Are all the white parts separate from the black parts (tracks, etc.) when taken out of the box?

The marbled chasis seperates from the black bottom & the turrent, w/s, backing is removable, but the rims don't seperate from the tires or anything like that...& yes the tracks are a seperate piece from the body but are non-mobile, there are 2 black tires that you install under the vehicle (the instructions don't show this but I'm sure anyone familiar with the vehicle etc. won't have any problem figuring that out.

FYI - you have the hood upside down on both of your White Outs. The fur part should be facing forward.
Thanks for the pics. Your brother found these, right? Isn't he in MA?

LOL! Yes I noticed I put them on wrong after the fact, but the review will have them facing the right way. :) Yes these were found in MA.

I hate and envy you on so many levels! lol
I cant wait to get this! My custom Frostbite needs his ride!

LOL! Mission Complete. :D

Yes but it's a TIGHT fit with his hood on, & the jacket makes the legs a little less mobile, but White Out & other figures fit inside & on the pegs.

so, is that a new head sculpt on this figure, anyone know??

Yes the headsculpt is new on White Out & unique to this figure.

I hope you could do a side by side review with the old Snow Cat. and also I wish they could have made the missile launcher like the in the Rhino.

I do not have an original handy to do this with, my Tiger Force one is in storage so I'm afraid this won't be possible for the in-depth review but I will try to mention all the changes made.

great find SB's brother. heheheh.
thanks for the pics SB.

Yes it was the brother you met @ JoeCon Gyre, & I was shocked when he gave me the call (he had the day off after his trip to BotCon '10 while I was at work lol)

Thanks for the feedback guys, more to come as soon as I can sit down with it, label it up, & take some proper, nice pics! :D

JohnnyAngel77
06-30-2010, 12:57 PM
oh come on.

hahahaha.

this is why all dvd's and music come out Monday's at midnight
and all comics come out on Wednesdays and Vadersquest comes out at parades. so that everyone can have some at the same time.

I really don't agree with this sporadic distribution situation.
Exactly. People would be wasting a LOT less gas if there was a real release date for these items. That is the ONLY reason I got these 2 vehicles on Amazon last night. Hell, it was cheaper than what I would have paid with tax in the store. Not to mention, I saved making multiple trips only to find out....we don't have sh!t yet around here.

Outbackk
06-30-2010, 01:01 PM
How well does the driver fit in that cockpit with the glass? Just curious.

nighthawk
06-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Can't wait till the Wolf Hound shows up in Canada.

JohnnyAngel77
06-30-2010, 01:11 PM
How well does the driver fit in that cockpit with the glass? Just curious.Its just like the vintage one I believe. 25th/ME figures fit, its just a tight squeeze (like most of it is).

jim0680
06-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Saw this at joecon and i dont remember if it was marbleized or not anybody remember ? I can check my pics

Steel Brigade
06-30-2010, 01:21 PM
How well does the driver fit in that cockpit with the glass? Just curious.

As I previously mentioned, it's a TIGHT fit, but he makes it. :)

Saw this at joecon and i dont remember if it was marbleized or not anybody remember ? I can check my pics

Nope it had actual camo, but other samples we saw had the marble.

Crosshair
06-30-2010, 01:33 PM
The marbled chasis seperates from the black bottom & the turrent, w/s, backing is removable, but the rims don't seperate from the tires or anything like that...& yes the tracks are a seperate piece from the body but are non-mobile, there are 2 black tires that you install under the vehicle (the instructions don't show this but I'm sure anyone familiar with the vehicle etc. won't have any problem figuring that out.

The treads don't move? Darn! Ah well, still looks great to me, I'll be picking one up for sure!

RockinHard
06-30-2010, 01:51 PM
[COLOR=lightblue]Nope it had actual camo, but other samples we saw had the marble.
And some we saw had none of either. Some were just white.

gunslingercbr
06-30-2010, 01:57 PM
love both the Snow Cat and HISS, but will wait for the inevitable sale -- just don't find either worth $24.99.

Shin-Gouki
06-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Looks like I have to buy a can of White Krylon Fusion after all. Aside from that it looks great!

sweeper
06-30-2010, 04:58 PM
All white would've been better, but no they had to go and muck with perfection.

*edit: Nevermind, I won't be getting one. They ruined it.

The Fridge
06-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Just opened the Snow Cat I found today at TRU. The launcher is cool and not as annoying as most working launchers. It looks a bit odd though because the launcher is white, not marbled like the rest of the vehichle. My only initial dissapointment is that the cockpit does not appear to have been retooled for the ME size figures. I had to take off White Out's hood to close the canopy and he is jammed in there pretty tight. I'm on vacation so I don't have anyone to put in the passenger seat but I think it would be difficult to fit 2 figures in there. Other than that it is a great update of a classic vehichle. I want to find another one down the line to paint white and apply some old school decals from Cobra Stickers.

RockinHard
06-30-2010, 05:22 PM
Looks like I have to buy a can of White Krylon Fusion after all. Aside from that it looks great!
Me too!

nighthawk
06-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Just opened the Snow Cat I found today at TRU. The launcher is cool and not as annoying as most working launchers. It looks a bit odd though because the launcher is white, not marbled like the rest of the vehichle.

That sucks to hear. If you're gonna marbelize the chassis, should extend it to the whole thing including the launcher. Oh well. I'm happy it's coming out and I do love how the launcher is probably more sturdy than the original and does not look out of place. This is a case where I think the launching feature was integrated really well into the vehicle.

sgtapon
06-30-2010, 06:12 PM
gasp

The Fridge
06-30-2010, 06:25 PM
That sucks to hear. If you're gonna marbelize the chassis, should extend it to the whole thing including the launcher. Oh well. I'm happy it's coming out and I do love how the launcher is probably more sturdy than the original and does not look out of place. This is a case where I think the launching feature was integrated really well into the vehicle.

Even the arm that attaches the launcher to the vehichle is marbled, as well as the engine block cover that fits on the back in front of the launcher. I wish the whole thing had just been white like the original.

Steel Brigade
06-30-2010, 06:33 PM
You can get White Out in the cockpit with his hood on it's just tight. You can also get a 2nd figure in there, but you may wanna pic a skinnier one (say like Scarlett over BenchPress) but the figures do fit...

badfish989
06-30-2010, 06:49 PM
I got the Wolfhound and HISS tank today. There was one of each on the shelf at TRU. If anyone can tell me how you are supposed to stick the sticker in the back cockpit of the HISS that would be awesome; I just made it work but it looks like crap.

Dod Ear
06-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the pics - Snow cat was an all time favorite. Really disappointed with the marbelized chasis - would have preferred the camo if I couldn't have vintage white. I'm hoping its better in person, but seems to have the effect of making it look dirty. Looks like the add on pieces (like missile laucher) are pure white and don't match either. But...I'm still buying it :)

optimusred6
06-30-2010, 07:34 PM
Well I don't about this vehicule but the action figure is cool not shore to get it

Mandingo Rex
06-30-2010, 09:52 PM
I didn't realize this vehicle was marbled plastic, but I have one on order from HTS, so I'll wait till it's delivered to my doorstep. I wish it was painted so I could remove it, as the marbling looks weird to me in the pics. Maybe in-hand it will look better.

That new launcher is kind of cool. I wish they made more "nested" launchers that worked better aesthetically like this or the Dragonhawk. No need for big, bulky eyesores when they can make them compact and still look good.

As a vintage fan, the driver should have been Frostbite, but at least he's got new tooling (as people have stated on the head, anyways?). I would have been okay with a properly-Frankenjoed Frostbite using RoC Shipwreck's noggin mixed with Snow Serpent/Snow Job parts, but this guy could be worse.

Thanks for the pics, btw.

Goudos
06-30-2010, 11:19 PM
Bought it today and it is really sweet. Going to give it a flat white paint job before applying the stickers and all that. Overall it is a very nice up dating of an old favorite.

cobracobra
06-30-2010, 11:21 PM
Thank you for the pics!! Looks awesome.

Steel Brigade
06-30-2010, 11:37 PM
^ No problem guys thanks for the feedback. I took pics of the POC HISS v5 tonight & I'll have them up as soon as I can (tomorrow night at the latest)...been a busy day...

BILL
07-01-2010, 07:40 PM
I just picked them up today. Hiss v5 and wolfhound. Went into tru and there was just one of each. It was like they were just waiting there for me

carion
07-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I picked mine up today . When I went into tru and there was also just one of each.

The Hiss ia totaly awesome.

COBRACOLLECTOR
07-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Found this at my TRU today aswell as the new Hisstank
I could only get one and grabbed the wolfhound as it looked the best of the 2

Still haven't opend it yet

only one of each at my TRU Aswell

ero
07-06-2010, 02:57 PM
I found one yesterday at the Sacramento TRU. Was really surprised to see it. Been totally planning on skipping PoC, talking a big game, not being into it, etc. So what do I do at the first sight of PoC? I buy it. Sheesh.

It's a sweet toy. Feels very solid, was kind of fun to assemble. I'm agnostic on the marble. It does give it some nice texture, but it also seems a little distracting. Troynos is right, the launcher is awesome. My only qualm is the ski-missiles on the side. The missiles don't sit well on the skis, and the skis don't sit very well on the side pegs, so they're really best for display only. But my favorite part? The windshield. A little darker than I'd like (yellow would have been nicer for sentimental reasons), but the frosting and the windshield wiper are VERY COOL!

Not big on Whiteout. Would rather have gotten a version of Frostbite from the Ice Dagger. (Anyone want to trade?) But he has lots of custom appeal.

All in all, I'm glad I picked this up. It's a solid toy and lots of fun. If you don't have an earlier incarnation, definitely pick it up.

PS: Some have had qualms with the size relations between the vehicle and driver. It doesn't bother me. Whiteout doesn't sit well because of the tails of his coat, but non-coat-wearing Joes fit REALLY well in it, which is a welcome change from other vehicles that we've had to cram them into, such as the Ice Dagger and the Hiss.

MeLikeJinx
07-07-2010, 12:19 AM
I found one yesterday at the Sacramento TRU. Was really surprised to see it. Been totally planning on skipping PoC, talking a big game, not being into it, etc. So what do I do at the first sight of PoC? I buy it. Sheesh.
LOL. It's a Snow Cat! You couldn't help it.