PDA

View Full Version : ROC Cobra Commander as the Riddler in Batman3?

Zanzibar
06-10-2010, 07:29 AM
Will Joseph Gordon-Levitt Play The Riddler In 'Batman 3'? - movies Entertainment News (http://www.enewsi.com/movies/190-17717.html)

JokerFC
06-10-2010, 07:56 AM
honestly they should let him continue as the Joker.the resemblance is uncanny.

the fact that we are meant to forget all about the Joker and just accept hes banged up in this third movie already annoys me.

Jmacq1
06-10-2010, 08:08 AM
Don't know why. It's pretty standard MO for any comic book movie villains besides Magneto and Lex Luthor to get killed off in the first movie they appear in. Hollywood knows that at best you're going to get four or five movies out of the same cast (before a reboot or recasting becomes necessary), so there's no real point in keeping the same villains around the way they have to in comics.

Now the only difference is that the Joker didn't actually die. He's just trapped in a legal/penal system that isn't the "revolving door" it is in comics. Part of that whole "realism" thing Nolan is so keen on...in the real world prison breaks are fairly rare, and usually not the highest-security prisoners.

Joker will be back...in the next reboot.

TheLongestDay
06-10-2010, 08:14 AM
sounds like bull..mostly because all the geeks already had him pegged as the next Joker and were coming out with hilarious rubbish like "Nolan cast him in Inception as a tryout for Batman"....if you know anything about Christopher Nolan as a film maker then you know just how ridiculous that idea is!

LaDracul
06-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Well, there's one reason why this won't happen, and that's because Paramount wants to release the next "G.I. JOE" film for the same year.

Besides, there already IS an actor who would be better.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c106/xhermioniex/thedoctor.jpg

Troynos
06-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Great choice. I'm all for it.

No Joker. Makes sense to not have him. It does impart more realism but it's also not what is done in movies. Each sequal is a new threat and a new villan.

Even Superman, with Lex returning, still had other things going on besides Lex, there were other more immediate threats.

Jmacq1
06-10-2010, 09:51 AM
sounds like bull..mostly because all the geeks already had him pegged as the next Joker and were coming out with hilarious rubbish like "Nolan cast him in Inception as a tryout for Batman"....if you know anything about Christopher Nolan as a film maker then you know just how ridiculous that idea is!

This is somewhat true, but Nolan does have actors that he likes to use across multiple projects: Christian Bale and Cillian Murphy among them. I could see Joseph Gordon-Levitt being added to that "stable."

That having been said, it's all just rumormongering at this point. I think they've been saying the same thing about Marion Cotillard and Catwoman.

HawkHauser
06-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Michael C. Hall as The Riddler, but I know chances of that are small.

LG
06-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Well, there's one reason why this won't happen, and that's because Paramount wants to release the next "G.I. JOE" film for the same year.

No question.
http://www.flickfilosopher.com/flickfilos/art/tennantriddler.jpg

TheLongestDay
06-10-2010, 05:26 PM
This is somewhat true, but Nolan does have actors that he likes to use across multiple projects: Christian Bale and Cillian Murphy among them. I could see Joseph Gordon-Levitt being added to that "stable."

That having been said, it's all just rumormongering at this point. I think they've been saying the same thing about Marion Cotillard and Catwoman.

Oh definitely..just look at the cast of "The Prestige" and "Inception" for that matter...but the idea that he would use a film to "test" actors for another Batman film is what I find quite comical.

Nolan doesnt even like to talk about other projects except the one he is working on.

Conversely...Id actually LOVE it if he had a part for Tom Hardy in Batman 3! :D

Griff
06-10-2010, 06:11 PM

YESS!! Tenant would make a great riddler. how does JGL even get CONSIDERED for work....he's along the lines of megan fox as far as his "acting". the dude is HACK and should never work again.

Shin Densetsu
06-11-2010, 02:17 AM

*snip*

That's IF Paramount wants him as Cobra Commander. As far as the Riddler, naw...I'd pick someone else to play him.

Gyre-Viper
06-11-2010, 02:19 AM
i thought Depp was gonna do it.

(http://www.hecklerspray.com/batman-3-johnny-depp-definitely-the-riddler-but-probably-not/200815927.php)

CrimsonGuard101
06-11-2010, 02:21 AM
I do not like Levitt...he needs to do the reboot of of The Girl I banged 2 summers ago and still remebers what I did to her sister last summer...

Flint5150
06-11-2010, 07:42 AM
Actually, Joseph cordom-Levitt is very dedicated to his roles, that's why you could be really surprised at what he did in RoC to (500).

Jmacq1
06-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Actually, Joseph cordom-Levitt is very dedicated to his roles, that's why you could be really surprised at what he did in RoC to (500).

You'll never convince some people here of that. I mean, the guy is considered one of the best young talents in Hollywood right now, but all certain folks here (who probably haven't seen him in anything besides RoC and maybe Third Rock) will ever do is cry, "He wasn't Chris Latta....WAAAAAAH!" and blame him for a Cobra Commander that was more a product of the script than his performance (which I thought was suitably Cobra Commander-esque).

Immortal_Joker
06-11-2010, 09:08 AM
You'll never convince some people here of that. I mean, the guy is considered one of the best young talents in Hollywood right now, but all certain folks here (who probably haven't seen him in anything besides RoC and maybe Third Rock) will ever do is cry, "He wasn't Chris Latta....WAAAAAAH!" and blame him for a Cobra Commander that was more a product of the script than his performance (which I thought was suitably Cobra Commander-esque).

I just want him to keep the voice as the Doctor I really didnt like his voice when he became Cobra Commander

Jmacq1
06-11-2010, 09:20 AM
I didn't mind the dip into Darth Vader territory. Because I always thought it was stupid that anyone would follow a shrill coward like the Sunbow Cobra Commander was.

DeliHandgrenade
06-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Might be considered type casting, but I think Jim Parsons from The Big Bang Theory would make an excellent Riddler. He plays the creepy nerd really well.

elanmars
06-14-2010, 01:47 AM
YESS!! Tenant would make a great riddler. how does JGL even get CONSIDERED for work....he's along the lines of megan fox as far as his "acting". the dude is HACK and should never work again.

watch brick, mysterious skin, manic, 500 days of summer. thankyoudrivethru.