PDA

View Full Version : Just Bought a Desert Battle Ripcord...

captain mal
05-15-2010, 12:32 PM
an Arctic Duke, and Jungle Storm Shadow from WS Toys. WOW. These three figures are better than the entire LINE of ROC movie toys. Great figures all around. I just ordered another Ripcord, he is sooooo cool - I love the colors. He looks great with or without his big outer jacket on too.

If you haven't got them yet - get one before they are gone! They are worth every penny!

SH0CKWAVE
05-15-2010, 12:39 PM
they are 3 very cool figures. i have them as well. you seem very stoked to have them. congratulations.

plastic heroes and villains rule.

boomer77
05-15-2010, 12:52 PM
I agree with you, these are great figures.
I ordered all these as well when they first went up.
The Storm Shadow is my favorite.

boomer77
05-15-2010, 12:56 PM
The Zartan & Destro are pretty cool also.

CrimsonGuard101
05-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Wait till you get a Jungle Viper...mine just arrived and he has to be the best figure of all time! The visor he has is not that long in person and it looks hella cool. Even the super rifle. PoC has to last longer then 2-3 waves, its just gotta get going and stick around for some time to come, there are too many awesome figure possibilities from this line's envisionment of the figures.

AirborneRigger
05-15-2010, 01:43 PM
I have 3 of the Desert Battle Ripcord and an Arctic Duke. Unfortunately, none of my Ripcords had their helmets. I've been trying to get ahold of at least one to have a complete one for my collection but nothing yet. Anyone not need the helmet? PM me!

CliffSteele
05-15-2010, 01:51 PM
an Arctic Duke, and Jungle Storm Shadow from WS Toys. WOW. These three figures are better than the entire LINE of ROC movie toys. Great figures all around. I just ordered another Ripcord, he is sooooo cool - I love the colors. He looks great with or without his big outer jacket on too.

If you haven't got them yet - get one before they are gone! They are worth every penny!

And now w/ Ice-Vipers turning up at Target stores for $2.50, it's the BEST time to make that replacement jacket for Duke!

Chief CWO
05-15-2010, 01:53 PM
UWP(

They are good figures and offer lots of customizing possibilities.

The Conflict
05-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Was this Ripcord ever released? I got a Ripcord in a trade but I dont know which one he is.

CliffSteele
05-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Not officially, no. He was cancelled and will be realeased w/ a different head and paint scheme as part of the POC line under the name Skydive. The only way to get this Ripcord is on eBay from dealers like ws_toys, handytoy, and Crowgirl. It'll be between $10 and $13. WORTH IT.

The Conflict
05-15-2010, 02:30 PM
oh ok thanks,I was thinking about the one with the camo hat and the blackjacket

Mercenary696
05-15-2010, 02:36 PM
That Ripcord figure is amazing. It's incredible just how much detail was put into that figure - the pouches, the pack, the harness, it's all incredibly well sculpted. He is one of my top five GI JOE figures of all time. I would recommend that figure to anyone.

Scotty97
05-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Handytoy is far and away my favorite of the Asian sellers, for what it's worth to you guys. ws_toys has good stock, but when they say 3-5 weeks, they mean it. Handytoy says 2-3 weeks, but the last two orders took 2 weeks max to get here(FL). And he or she couldn't be more helpful and friendly.

SPC Airborne, Handytoy has the Ripcord right now for $10 shipped. I would recommend getting in on that action asap. I'm up to like 7 now, and plan to order a few more. So much cool gear for customizing.

boomer77
05-15-2010, 02:49 PM
And now w/ Ice-Vipers turning up at Target stores for $2.50, it's the BEST time to make that replacement jacket for Duke!

Good call !
Now I just need my targets to have Ice-vipers.

vermillion21
05-15-2010, 03:32 PM
I'll wait when the POC line is released for these ...

CrimsonGuard101
05-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Good call !
Now I just need my targets to have Ice-vipers.

The Arctic threat coat from Shipwreck from the TRU wave with Neon Doc works just fine too. I like it better then the bulky Ice Viper one. Both will work, its just what you wan to use and have a preference for.

donmagic
05-15-2010, 07:26 PM
So will Desert Battle Ripcord come out with POC? Cause if not I might have to nab a couple.

CrimsonGuard101
05-15-2010, 07:28 PM
So will Desert Battle Ripcord come out with POC? Cause if not I might have to nab a couple.

Not with the wayanes head (like that matters under the helmet which is too cool not to leave on) and the current color scheme of the unreleased version, its more subdued grey in POC with red an dblue highlights or was it a pastel pink? It looked different though.

You shoul dget one or a ew if you like the current color scheme cause it is going to change for the POC Skydive guy.

07GT500 COBRA
05-15-2010, 07:34 PM
I'll wait when the POC line is released for these ...

If you're okay with the different incarnations that's cool. I keep checking for mine to show up. Any day now.

Tanksmasher
05-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Good to hear. I thought about getting one but ended up just getting an arctic Duke instead.

vkat7phish
05-19-2010, 12:55 PM
The Desert Ripcord looks great. I just ordered him, Arctic Duke, Desert Zartan, Jungle Storm Shadow and the Elite Ice Viper. Can't wait to get them but it's going to be a few weeks until they get here. It's a shame these figures will not be officially released as is.

I do have a question though. Some of the figures being offered on ebay are missing a part, specifically Arctic Duke's jacket and Jungle Storm Shadow's machine gun. I've seen the suggestions to modify an Ice Viper's jacket for Duke but any suggestions for SS's gun? Is there any other figure that comes with the same gun?

donmagic
05-19-2010, 01:18 PM
I just went for it. 9.99 shipped from one ebayer. I also slipped in a Resolute Roadblock.