PDA

View Full Version : Texas G.I. Joe Sightings

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Magick
06-06-2008, 03:06 AM
Hmm.. Plano yesterday morning.. notified at 1:59 A.M. today....

Yep there all gone.. or at least the good ones, I am willing to bet there are plenty of CC, Roadblock and possibly Baroness. The PP officers are gone, as well as Major Bludd, TF Flint. there may be a few Arctic SE. LOL

Thankfully I have been lucky on scoring all of them already, plus Plano is a far drive for me. About an hour out.

Although I am looking for one more CP Red Star and Duke. So if anyone spots one and you don't need it, I'm willing to reimburse you or something for the trouble. *Hint Hint* LOL

Actually should have them at the local Wal Mart this Mon. I love bing in a central Hub of 5 Wal Mart Stores and knowing the Toy dept. Managers. ; )

Snow Job
06-06-2008, 03:14 AM
Hey, you never know. They could all still be there. I put out 4 cases of Wave 7 a couple weeks ago, and I come in a couple days later and most of, if not all of them, are still there.

But you scored them all already, so it's all good! :)

I am still looking for the new comic packs, myself. Haven't seen them yet.

Magick
06-06-2008, 03:22 AM
I can keep my eyes out for a set if you would like? There aren't really a lot of collectors out in my part of the woods and as a favor the Dept. managers order them even if there are a ton of peg warmers. Kinda like they did for the wave 4 CP's.

there pegs are full of Cp 1-3, yet still she ordered. LOL

Snow Job
06-06-2008, 03:40 AM
Let me give it another week, bro. See if I can find them in that time. I'll holler at you if I don't find any! Thanks!

Chris_
06-06-2008, 04:43 PM
Why is it some stores are really good, and some stores just flat out suck? I went to one store and they literally needed two more pegs to hold all the wave 8 figures. It has always been good to me. There is another one like that where I do pretty good; not that good, but it's pretty reliable on certain days. The rest of them pretty much stink when it comes to keeping any sort of stock. One store has had the same beat up CC on the peg since Christmas, and really that's about the only one I ever see there. Target near me has had empty pegs for three weeks, ever since I bought the last figure that occupied any space reserved for GI Joe there. I have not seen a single Spirit on a peg at any stores.

art2614
06-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Found Target vehicles on sale at Missouri City Target on hwy 6 also wave 8 got the troop builders and bludd if anybody needs one let me know. I thought the vehicles were all sold out so everyone should check again mine were at the back buy the sporting section still 2 night spectors left.

Snow Job
06-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Found Target vehicles on sale at Missouri City Target on hwy 6 also wave 8 got the troop builders and bludd if anybody needs one let me know. I thought the vehicles were all sold out so everyone should check again mine were at the back buy the sporting section still 2 night spectors left.

Yup, once again i checked my nearest Target, and once again, did not see any Clearance aisle. I checked everywhere too. I still have yet to see this "clearance aisle" in any Target store. :(

sarcasto66
06-09-2008, 09:29 PM
Well...I've been all around Austin hunting both G.I. Joe and the Transformers Animated stuff. Here be my findings:

Wal-Mart in Round Rock - Nada except for the first wave or two of the comic packs.

Wal-Mart on IH 35 and Parmer - Wave 8, lots of it. Had an additional two Major Bludd's besides the one I nabbed (finally!) and all of the other guys as well.

H.E.B. Cedar Park - Wave 7: Spirit, Duke w/ Jet pack, Viper

Wal-Mart 620 - Wave 8 - everyone but Arctic Snake Eyes and Bludd, multiple copies of the rest.

Wal-Mart 620 N - Waves 2, 3, 4 and comic packs galore...Nothing new because no one is buying these things.

Wal-Mart Cedar Park - Wave 5 revision: Crimson Guards, Armored CC, Torpedo, Rock & Roll, Cobra Trooper, & Iron Grenadiers Destro.

If anyone happens upon a Transformers Animated Grimlock...I'd be much obliged if you'd let me know.

Hope all of this helps, guys!

soundwavempl
06-11-2008, 08:11 PM
College Station Toys R Us got in 2 single pack revision cases which included Vipers, Firefly, Zartan, Lady Jaye, Spirit, wave 5 Snake Eyes, and wave 4 Cobra Commander. Also got 2 cases in of the exclusive battle packs (4 Cobra Night Watch and 4 Snake Eyes vs Red Ninjas).

College Station Walmart has a couple sets of wave 8 singles as well.

I have still yet to spot any wave 4 comic packs.

soundwavempl
06-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Bryan Walmart has 2 sets of wave 8 single packs.

Still no wave 4 comic packs.

jdbrown55
06-12-2008, 10:49 PM
I have never seen any of the Target vehicles at all, even when they first came out! If anyone has an extra Awe Striker then please let me know. I have seen Wave 4 comic packs at the new Walmart on I-20 and 287 in Kennedale the other day. They had all of them.

crock master
06-13-2008, 05:23 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/picklis/100_3317.jpg

Chris_
06-13-2008, 10:01 PM
I have never seen any of the Target vehicles at all, even when they first came out! If anyone has an extra Awe Striker then please let me know. I have seen Wave 4 comic packs at the new Walmart on I-20 and 287 in Kennedale the other day. They had all of them.

I have two complete sets, and an extra striker.

soundwavempl
06-14-2008, 10:21 AM
I think I'll join Crock Master in promoting JoeCon 2008:

http://pics.livejournal.com/soundwavempl/pic/0004az13.jpg

I just got that postcard in the mail this week. Unfortunately, I can't go thanks to a friend of mine getting married in El Paso that weekend.

Snow Job
06-14-2008, 10:23 AM

http://pics.livejournal.com/soundwavempl/pic/0004az13.jpg

I just got that postcard in the mail this week. Unfortunately, I can't go thanks to a friend of mine getting married in El Paso that weekend.

Way to go, soundwavempl's friend! :D

Magick
06-14-2008, 01:28 PM

Some friend.. I mean really, who gets married the weekend of Joe Con. The nerve of some people. LOL

Well some of us have to make the sacrifice. if we didn't then I guess we couldn't be called friends. We'll make sure and let you know all of the things you missed. Especially the rubbing in things like, "Guess what we saw and you didn't cause you had to go to a wedding." Kidding of course.. or am I? LOL

soundwavempl
06-14-2008, 06:31 PM
Some friend.. I mean really, who gets married the weekend of Joe Con. The nerve of some people. LOL

Well some of us have to make the sacrifice. if we didn't then I guess we couldn't be called friends. We'll make sure and let you know all of the things you missed. Especially the rubbing in things like, "Guess what we saw and you didn't cause you had to go to a wedding." Kidding of course.. or am I? LOL

Hehe. Well the plus side is that El Paso has a Kmart. If I get lucky and get the new 25th Joe Vehicles that weekend, that would make it up to me missing JoeCon!

Magick
06-15-2008, 02:51 AM
Touche' Damn Kmart... why are they no longer in my area!!!!

Snow Job
06-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Touche' Damn Kmart... why are they no longer in my area!!!!

Same here, man! They all cleared out of the surrounding areas long ago. But if it's true that Sears is part of K-Mart, maybe they have them there? I don't know, I haven't seen toys at a Sears since the good 'ol days.

GEN.TEX
06-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Yeah that is the same in my area they all cleared out.

Porkchop Sandwiches
06-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Went to a Sears today..."We only stock toys during Xmas..." Oh well...

Magick
06-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Sears stopped doing the exclusives many many years ago, so even though they are a part of the Kmart franchise, they operate under a different service. Thus like Porkchop said, they only stock toys around Xmas and even then they are usually for real little kids like the imaginex stuff and the like.

What I wouldn't give for some Crimson or Nok exclusives to pop out of Sears again.

Porkchop Sandwiches
06-18-2008, 04:19 PM
So has anyone found wv 4 CP's and/or the new vehicles in Houston or Texas for that matter?

Kalibus
06-18-2008, 04:36 PM
So has anyone found wv 4 CP's and/or the new vehicles in Houston or Texas for that matter?

Ive seen wave 4 CPs all over in west texas. Wal-Mart and Target.

crock master
06-18-2008, 06:35 PM
i found my wave four almost a month ago. but they were the only ones i have seen

Porkchop Sandwiches
06-18-2008, 11:21 PM
I haven't seen a sniff of those things. I bought 2 more Fred Scarface packs to soothe to addiction today.

crock master
06-19-2008, 06:17 AM
it only cost 45 to ship them i will look for ya. also that dallas convention is coming up soon, so let me know if you want me to look for something specific

Magick
06-19-2008, 03:44 PM
I have managed to pick up 2 sets of the wave 4 CP's that was last month as well. This month has been filler waves. So I wouldn't expect a flux of wave 4 again till after the con. then they'll be everywhere, kinda like how wave 2 & 3 just popped up everywhere in abundance.

crock master
06-19-2008, 04:23 PM
i was wanting to get new target exclusive befoe the convention, but its not looking that way.i passed on the nightwatch and snake eyes ninja due to the price of $25.damn! screw that and they are just repaints of cobra troops. them fools are greedy

The L.O.C.
06-19-2008, 07:04 PM
I got my Wave 4 about a month ago here in Houston. I have seen Copperhead and Shipwreck since then but none of the other packs. If anyone from Houston is going to Joecon and would be willing to pick up new stuff for me, let me know. I will paypal you the cash as soon as I get a phone call on the goods! I can not attend due to a fund raiser we are throwing for my terminally ill brother in law. If anyone wants to go...it will be held at Cypress Saloon on the 29th.

Thanks and post if you see any vehicles in H-town!

The L.O.C.
06-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Hey Crock Master,

Replied to your PM but your mailbox is full.

Loc

Los
06-20-2008, 01:53 AM
Joecon is already here? I will do a pop-in for sure.

Anyone see Lt. Torpedo? Everytime I go to Walmart or Target, all the Joes are picked thru. Going to TRU tomorrow...don't forget $5 off $25!

http://toysrus.rsys1.net/servlet/website/ResponseForm?mhRlE0y1_VTTBTZUC_V.2eHRzHsL_.3dzbEqh knL-IKgnYOtoZCsFJoLJrhNmDsDnhhnsLDJht

Snow Job
06-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Joecon is already here? I will do a pop-in for sure.

Anyone see Lt. Torpedo? Everytime I go to Walmart or Target, all the Joes are picked thru. Going to TRU tomorrow...don't forget $5 off $25!

http://toysrus.rsys1.net/servlet/website/ResponseForm?mhRlE0y1_VTTBTZUC_V.2eHRzHsL_.3dzbEqh knL-IKgnYOtoZCsFJoLJrhNmDsDnhhnsLDJht

Haven't seen him since Wave 7 hit, man. You probably won't find him in stores until they re-release him in the new packaging(which was on the Hisstank front page).

Edit: Found the link for ya, man: http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/25th-anniversary-3/sdcc-cobra-commander-comic-logo-wild-bill-and-lt-torpedo-7351/

jcb213
06-20-2008, 06:12 PM
If anyone in Houston is looking for the Wave 4 Comic Packs, I just found them at the Walmart on Highway 6 just south of the West Oaks Mall. I only bought the Firefly pack; when I left there were 4 Shipwreck/Copperhead packs, 3 Firefly/SS packs, and 2 Duke/Red Star packs.

I have already switched the original Firefly's webgear to this one and the darker suit is a huge improvement.

Happy hunting!

Magick
06-21-2008, 07:31 AM
Still no vehicles in the DFW area.. may not show up till after Con.

Also still looking for another SE vs. Firefly and Red star vs. duke CP. Need them for some custom stuff. Unfortunately everything has dried up areound me other than fillers.

rdblock
06-22-2008, 11:52 AM
I know its been a while but I finally decided I wanted Spirit I almost bought him several times but i couldnt get past the fact he looks like hes 60. SO im hunting for him right now has anyone seen one I guess they are all out. And by the way when is wave 9 coming out

Viper6
06-22-2008, 11:55 AM

killeen and copperas cove has the comic packs! i got duke redstar and copperhead/shipwreck....the firefly stormshadow sucked so tis swing'n on a peg somewhere. may go back for its accessories though, red ninja could use some kamas

crock master
06-22-2008, 11:56 AM
i have been seeing one at walmart on 635 and midway

rdblock
06-22-2008, 11:59 AM
i have been seeing one at walmart on 635 and midway

whens the last time you saw it

crock master
06-22-2008, 12:01 PM
its been 2 days. but that store usually has a good selection.i found the only wave 4 in the whole dallas area there.im not saying they have them now but they did . they also have the roadblock variant(the big goatee)

rdblock
06-22-2008, 12:05 PM
ill try there I appreciate the help have you seen pics of wave 10 or have those not been released yet

crock master
06-22-2008, 12:06 PM
na i havnt seen anything. are you going to joe con next sat?

rdblock
06-22-2008, 12:08 PM
I want to but does it cost for you just to go without all those classes and stuff...just to look around and buy

crock master
06-22-2008, 12:11 PM
only 10 bucks to get in at 11 am. sculpting classes will be in fort worth ,but on sat 8 am dealers get first dibbs and at 9 members get second dibbs and at 11am we scubs get to rummage threw all the leftovers. i am hoping to find some wave 9 and trouble bubbles.

rdblock
06-22-2008, 12:12 PM
do you think they will have wave 9 there

crock master
06-22-2008, 12:17 PM
well apparently people have a ton of b.a.t.s. and it is the next wave out.over a hunderd booths at the convention.hopefully they will have everything. id say if k mart has the new vehicles they will most likley be at the convention. it has been weeks since the wave 8 release , so it is getting closer to wave 9 . if they have wave 9 it will be our best chance to build up our b.a.t. and snow serpant armys

rdblock
06-22-2008, 12:52 PM
and I can save on gas instead of driving from store to store

art2614
06-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Hey crock master I am going! My sister just moved so I have free room and board lol. I will be there on thursday but will probably wait till friday to go. Let me know when you are going.

Snow Job
06-22-2008, 01:53 PM
Hey cock master I am going! My sister just moved so I have free room and board lol. I will be there on thursday but will probably wait till friday to go. Let me know when you are going.

Err...you may want to edit that first part there, bro. :D

I forgot all about the general admission. I guess I could do that next Saturday. Hmmmm!

Golden Arms
06-22-2008, 01:57 PM
any wave4 comic sightings in austin?

Magick
06-22-2008, 04:03 PM
I know its been a while but I finally decided I wanted Spirit I almost bought him several times but i couldnt get past the fact he looks like hes 60. SO im hunting for him right now has anyone seen one I guess they are all out. And by the way when is wave 9 coming out

There is one here in Lake Worth at Wal Mart if you still need one. I was just there yesterday.

Well for those who are going to the Con. Swing by and say "Hi" to Aly and I. we will have a booth out there.

art2614
06-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Err...you may want to edit that first part there, bro. :D

I forgot all about the general admission. I guess I could do that next Saturday. Hmmmm!

LOL Ooops sorry about that but thanks for pointing that out :D

crock master
06-23-2008, 09:11 AM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/picklis/100_3317.jpg

Cannon Fodder
06-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Goin' Commando and I will be seeing you guys on Saturday. I'm pretty certain GA opens at 10. So how do we go about introducing ourselves? I met Magick and Aly at the Great Texas show, but they probably wont remember considering all the people that were there. See ya'll soon!

crock master
06-23-2008, 12:02 PM
check out this link. it says you can do late registration on friday or on sat you can pay $50 to get in an hour early (9 am) otherwise general admission opens at 10AM http://www.gijoeclub.com/conventions/dallas/genadm08.cfm those of you attending, dont forget to make a list of everthing you want.

TinglingSensation
06-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Well for those who are going to the Con. Swing by and say "Hi" to Aly and I. we will have a booth out there.

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but which booth would this be?

I'm thinking about checking out the Con via a general admission ticket. Does anyone know if there's much else to check out besides the dealer room? Can general admission plebes go to the panels?

Snow Job
06-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Someone brought up a good idea in the Joe thread on TFW(thanks Optimus Clyde!). Does anyone know if JoeCon is going to market test any Joe toys around the area during JoeCon, like they did with BotCon?

Magick
06-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Cannon, Aly and I will be there. He may not remember you, but I have a pretty good memory.

Tingling.. Alyosha is the owner/operator of Broken Arrow Toys.. Basically a lot of the customs you see on here either use his parts or GTG Customs.. which now have a new name that I can't remember for the life of me. anyways.. Broken Arrow Toys is the booth we are working.

Snow Job - As for test marketing joe stuff.. haven't heard anything as of today. would be cool though.

Alyosha started taking stuff to the Con last night. I am on call, since there wasn't really a lot of people who signed up for the Class, I am not needed till Fri. Possibly late Thurs night. Depends on what all he has going on.

Now on to the topic at hand.. still nothing new. It's like everything went bone dry these last few weeks. No wave 4 CP's even. A ton of Vipers though. Mainly just looking for the new vehicle assort.

Chris_
06-25-2008, 10:56 AM
So if I drive all the way up to Frisco, pay the general admission to get in, what exactly am I going to get out of that? I don't care about anything but the 25th line that has recently come out, and I don't really care to go to Frisco to get something I can get on the store shelf. If there are going to be exclusives there, but the possibility of getting anything is slim to none, I'm not wasting the gas.

So tell me guys, honest opinion, is this going to be a waste of my time?

jdbrown55
06-25-2008, 11:20 AM
I am not sure. I am trying to get vintage stuff more than the
25th line. I want the new vehicles, but like you said, they can be gotten on the store shelf. I can only go Sunday and I have never been to a Joe Con personally, so for me I want to go. For you, I really don't know.

Snow Job
06-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Well, to be fair, the vehicles can't really be bought on store shelves right now. I think the K-Mart thing was just a fluke, if you ask me. I feel the real release date is still going to be in July.

Anyways, if they do some sort of test marketing thing like they did with Botcon and Animated toys, we might see some vehicles in the surrounding area this weekend. :D

Snow Job
06-25-2008, 03:27 PM
I also forgot to mention that if anyone is wanting a Tiger Force Flint, I went to the Plano Walmart off 75 and they had about 5 or 6 of them. I picked up one. That was about 12am at night, though.

Magick
06-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Well there is a lot of stuff that goes on at the cons.. interviews, sneak peaks of upcoming releases.. Tons and tons of venders..

Pretty much everything joe you can think of rolled up in one huge area. It is usually worth the drive and money. Plus they rarely have a joecon in Texas.. so this is kind of a once in a lifetime event. Would rather pay the gas and drive than have to pay for a plane ticket and hotel in another state.

kingmoredred
06-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Cannon, Aly and I will be there. He may not remember you, but I have a pretty good memory.

Tingling.. Alyosha is the owner/operator of Broken Arrow Toys.. Basically a lot of the customs you see on here either use his parts or GTG Customs.. which now have a new name that I can't remember for the life of me. anyways.. Broken Arrow Toys is the booth we are working.

Snow Job - As for test marketing joe stuff.. haven't heard anything as of today. would be cool though.

Alyosha started taking stuff to the Con last night. I am on call, since there wasn't really a lot of people who signed up for the Class, I am not needed till Fri. Possibly late Thurs night. Depends on what all he has going on.

Now on to the topic at hand.. still nothing new. It's like everything went bone dry these last few weeks. No wave 4 CP's even. A ton of Vipers though. Mainly just looking for the new vehicle assort.

i wish they had a ton of vipers here, i guess it will filter down here eventuly

SSGWeaver
06-25-2008, 10:21 PM
twenty minutes ago was at the Dallas Target, Northwest Hwy and Lemmon Ave, they had 15 Vipers and one each of wave 8. Good luck!

Chris_
06-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Well there is a lot of stuff that goes on at the cons.. interviews, sneak peaks of upcoming releases.. Tons and tons of venders..

Pretty much everything joe you can think of rolled up in one huge area. It is usually worth the drive and money. Plus they rarely have a joecon in Texas.. so this is kind of a once in a lifetime event. Would rather pay the gas and drive than have to pay for a plane ticket and hotel in another state.

Not a big toy collector though, and I would never fly anywhere for a toy convention. I don't really care about sneak peaks, new releases, or anything like that. All I'm buying is this 25th stuff. If they have none of that, then it's really not worth the drive for me. I had everything that came out from 82 to about 87 (wish I still had it, but that can't be undone), so this is my chance to at least get some of that back. I don't collect any other toy line, and have no intention of doing so.

Not being a downer, I'm just looking for specific stuff, and want to know if they have what I'm looking for, and if it's going to be worth my time to go. If they're going to have some of the next wave, so I don't have to hunt for it, then I'll consider it worth the drive. If they'll have exclusives in 25th, I'll go. Otherwise, I don't really care.

i wish they had a ton of vipers here, i guess it will filter down here eventuly

I haven't really looked much lately, but I have seen vipers everywhere when I have looked. Some stores have been chock full of vipers.

rdblock
06-26-2008, 11:36 AM
has anyone heard if they are selling wave 9 at the con

Porkchop Sandwiches
06-27-2008, 07:11 PM
My hunts have been very dry lately

TheSabOteuR
06-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Yo guys. Just got back home from wal mart in round rock for picking up my paycheck. I checked the back and it appears that they are gonna put up wave 8 and 9 on the shelf tonight.

Silent Ninja
06-27-2008, 08:10 PM
Yess, let the hunt begin!!

FireFly5
06-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Yo guys. Just got back home from wal mart in round rock for picking up my paycheck. I checked the back and it appears that they are gonna put up wave 8 and 9 on the shelf tonight.

thats great news , do you work there? if you do, do you know how many sets of wave 9 are there?

TheSabOteuR
06-27-2008, 08:24 PM
I only saw one case of wave 9. Can't really see well cuz its a bunch of toys on one crate and I'm sure there is more than one case. Let me tel you about wal mart. Ill admit this myself cuz I done this before. Many employee would when they aren't supposed to would hide some in the back room for themself. Some would tell you that there aren't any avaiable when a customer ask the employee so the best best would be get a manager and ask directly to manager if you feel the employee aren't honest. Most employee in the toy dept are scalpers when they know they can get more money for the toys that was just released which is why you will rarely see many or any on shelf for the 1st few weeks.

Snow Job
06-27-2008, 10:27 PM

Great news! I have like freakin 3 cases coming to me via online shops, but I will definitely be wanting to pick up more Snow Serpents and BATS at retail.

crock master
06-28-2008, 03:48 PM
there were about 20 joes parachuting from the embassy suits in frisco today around 12 30 pm

Silent Ninja
06-29-2008, 11:13 AM
So wave 9 is popping up in AZ. Anyone from TX finding em? I checked two walmarts and a target this morn in south Tx. and nothing.

crock master
06-29-2008, 11:57 AM
i am pretty sure they will be here in the dallas area tomorrow morning. i was bummmed to find them at joecon only behind glass as a displayhttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/picklis/100_4818.jpg http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/picklis/100_4815.jpg

kingmoredred
06-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Nothing around here not even 7 are 8

Silent Ninja
06-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Nothing around here not even 7 are 8

Hey I have a few wave 7 figures if you don't have and are interested. PM me.

rdblock
06-29-2008, 03:48 PM
i am pretty sure they will be here in the dallas area tomorrow morning. i was bummmed to find them at joecon only behind glass as a displayhttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/picklis/100_4818.jpg http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/picklis/100_4815.jpg

why do you think they will show up tomorrow morning

rdblock
06-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Crockmaster

why do you think they will show up tomorrow morning

Porkchop Sandwiches
06-29-2008, 05:44 PM
I saw a few remnents of wv 7 today in Houston. Bought another Python trooper.

Goin' Commando
06-30-2008, 02:08 AM
How many of you guys were at JOECON? Cannon Fodder and I were there and we talked to Magick and Alyosha, but didnt get to meet any other hisstank members.

Snow Job
06-30-2008, 03:52 AM
I was there on Sunday with General Admission. Didn't know what anyone looked like and didn't have anyway to contact any members from here, so yeah...didn't meet anyone. Just hung out with a local friend.

Magick
06-30-2008, 06:04 AM
Destro was also there...

Snow Job, did you ever go by a booth that had a glass case full of customs? Towards the back near the custom contest tables?

If so that was alyosha's table. I was one of the people running the booth. Satuday due to it being so damn cold in there, I was probably wearing a dark blue hoodie with lighte blue tribal on it. Glasses... and a Cobra hat turned backwards.

That day was so crazy for us, so you could have popped in when I went to the Hasbro preview.. or was shopping.

Managed to pick up my third Flagg and a mostly complete Defiant.. pretty much free.

Only managed to snag one wave 9 fig.. Ninja Ku.. a.k.a Storm Shadow according to his filecard and stand. Grrr..

Stores in my area will be getting shipments tomorrow night.

Snow Job
06-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Destro was also there...

Snow Job, did you ever go by a booth that had a glass case full of customs? Towards the back near the custom contest tables?

If so that was alyosha's table. I was one of the people running the booth. Satuday due to it being so damn cold in there, I was probably wearing a dark blue hoodie with lighte blue tribal on it. Glasses... and a Cobra hat turned backwards.

That day was so crazy for us, so you could have popped in when I went to the Hasbro preview.. or was shopping.

Managed to pick up my third Flagg and a mostly complete Defiant.. pretty much free.

Only managed to snag one wave 9 fig.. Ninja Ku.. a.k.a Storm Shadow according to his filecard and stand. Grrr..

Stores in my area will be getting shipments tomorrow night.

I was there on Sunday, man. Where were you on Sunday? And I saw those cases, yeah. I don't recall what was on the table, though. I remember a lot of the tables were a little empty. Except for the big scenes put together and some custom carded figures.

And third Flagg? I don't even have one. lol Where did you get it? I didn't see a vendor with one.

And where is your area? lol And you mean Walmarts, right?

Magick
06-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Yeah we were there all weekend. Right across from the custom contest tables. We didn't have any custom carded figures, just severl customs Alyosha did that are in a wood and glass case. You would know it if you saw it.. had his version of a Nemesis Enforcer in the middle back with huge wings.

The vendor right behind Murauder John had a Flagg. He had a $200 price tag on it, but I got him down cheaper than that, then worked out a deal basically on it. It was missing the fan rail, skirt, elevator parts and a few other things, but with one of my other ones that isn't complete, I am hoping to make a near complete one with the two.

As for the Defiant, I am missing a few part and I need the Crawler. (Bottom piece)

By sunday, everything was pretty much wiped out. Actually everything really good was wiped out by Saturday afternoon. Although the dealers on Fri. really hammered people.

My area is northwest Fort Worth. According to my connections they are expecting a shipment in tonight. So we should be able to see them tonight and tomorrow.

Lake Worth Wal Mart off hwy 199 and Target on Cherry Lane both have wave 4 comic packs. All of them.

Goin' Commando
06-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Yeah we were there all weekend. Right across from the custom contest tables. We didn't have any custom carded figures, just severl customs Alyosha did that are in a wood and glass case. You would know it if you saw it.. had his version of a Nemesis Enforcer in the middle back with huge wings.

The vendor right behind Murauder John had a Flagg. He had a $200 price tag on it, but I got him down cheaper than that, then worked out a deal basically on it. It was missing the fan rail, skirt, elevator parts and a few other things, but with one of my other ones that isn't complete, I am hoping to make a near complete one with the two.

As for the Defiant, I am missing a few part and I need the Crawler. (Bottom piece)

By sunday, everything was pretty much wiped out. Actually everything really good was wiped out by Saturday afternoon. Although the dealers on Fri. really hammered people.

My area is northwest Fort Worth. According to my connections they are expecting a shipment in tonight. So we should be able to see them tonight and tomorrow.

Lake Worth Wal Mart off hwy 199 and Target on Cherry Lane both have wave 4 comic packs. All of them.

Let me know what you have left over and what you might be willing to part with on the extra Flagg. I might be interested if you have anything I could start working on piecing one together.
Thanks !

art2614
06-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Hey Magick, I was there and hung out with you guys for a while. I went all 3 days and picked up a Starduster and Hit and Run from you guys also a few extra parts on sunday. It was a graet event and my first Con, I might have to start going to all of them if the wife will let me lol. I spent to much money this weekend, and congrats on the flag! I was looking at it but would be to hard to bring it back home, I thought 200 was already a good price!

soundwavempl
06-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Well, I found absolutely no Joe stuff in El Paso this weekend. However, I did find a lone wave 4 comic pack Copperhead vs. Shipwreck set at the Bastrop Walmart on my way home last night. The card was not in the best shape but its for my open set. Hopefully, the wave 4 comic packs and wave 9 singles will show up in the BCS area in the coming weeks.

crock master
06-30-2008, 11:45 PM
the flagg was soo big i didnt even see it at first. i even picked up the rattler that was sitting on it

art2614
07-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Anybody seen wave 9? They usually start showing up around here just a day or two after they are first spoted but I havent seen them anywere.

crock master
07-01-2008, 09:55 PM
nada. i know walmarts hooks it up on monday and wednesday mornings, so i am keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow

Porkchop Sandwiches
07-02-2008, 09:03 AM
It has been very dry out there for me. No wave 9. No wave 5 CP's (that's the latest right?). No new vehicles but I know I really shouldn't expect those quite yet. Usually there aren't three waves of things to wait on and I don't know what to do!!?!!?

Kalibus
07-02-2008, 09:30 AM
It has been very dry out there for me. No wave 9. No wave 5 CP's (that's the latest right?). No new vehicles but I know I really shouldn't expect those quite yet. Usually there aren't three waves of things to wait on and I don't know what to do!!?!!?
Well its dry in my neck of the woods as well. There was wave 4 CPs(thats the wave we are in BTW Porkchop) all over the place and was able to pick up my set but within a week they all dissapeared from the pegs.

rdblock
07-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Nothing around in the North Dallas area anybody seen anything in TX?

Chris_
07-02-2008, 09:43 AM
I went to one that usually stocks on Tuesdays, and there was a bunch of Wave 1 comic packs, and then nothing.

Question. What compels Hasbro to think that there are tons of people who want the crappiest painted wave 1 comic packs out there? Why are there boatloads of these things out there?

Kalibus
07-02-2008, 09:52 AM
I went to one that usually stocks on Tuesdays, and there was a bunch of Wave 1 comic packs, and then nothing.

Question. What compels Hasbro to think that there are tons of people who want the crappiest painted wave 1 comic packs out there? Why are there boatloads of these things out there?

Tell me about it. The pegs are stuffed with W1-3 CPs. No singles. Not even a Buzzer or Serpy. Its crazy

Porkchop Sandwiches
07-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Shizz sucks now.

Tuatha
07-02-2008, 10:06 AM
The Walmart right close to me in Lewisville has all the pegs cleared off for the figures to go up, but nothing yet, checked monday and yesterday, and will keep doing so all this week!

Silent Ninja
07-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Wave 9 down here in the South (Border Country).

Magick
07-02-2008, 05:47 PM
should see wave 9 and the vehicles showing up this week here in central and north Texas. Talked to a few toy managers that said they are confirmed to be on the truck just a matter of when this week is unknown. They were supposed to have them Tues. night but nothing came, so i am hoping tonight they will show up.

Viper6
07-02-2008, 05:56 PM
my vipers are standing by for operation acquisition ;)

Viper6
07-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Tell me about it. The pegs are stuffed with W1-3 CPs. No singles. Not even a Buzzer or Serpy. Its crazy

hasblow, if you read this....pull your stock recall it or what the hell ever just get it gone, redistro to third wolrd countries give to charity your unwanted waves of poorly rendered joes and make way for your so so figures you have on deck..oh yeah and frign fix serpentor already!!!! damn why dont you higher some decent folks that are fans, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr gods dangit

Snow Job
07-02-2008, 06:07 PM
I'll be on the look out for vehicles, as it seems we have two sightings of the new vehicles at TRU's. We may get these in our truck tomorrow morning.

rdblock
07-02-2008, 11:59 PM
I'll be on the look out for vehicles, as it seems we have two sightings of the new vehicles at TRU's. We may get these in our truck tomorrow morning.

have yall recieved wave 9 at your store.

Snow Job
07-03-2008, 12:00 AM
have yall recieved wave 9 at your store.

Nope.

Raginspoon
07-03-2008, 02:35 AM
For those that live in the DFW area check your walmarts. Wave 5 hit tonight. Every walmart got wave 3 of 2008 in but most got in wave 5. Every walmart in the northern Fort Worth and Mid-cities area has been cleared of bats and snow serpents.

crock master
07-03-2008, 06:44 AM
wave 5 came out months ago what r u talkong about

GEN.TEX
07-03-2008, 10:09 AM
He means Wave 5 2008.

Cannon Fodder
07-03-2008, 11:29 AM
They're here! They're here! Picked up Hawk and a B.A.T. while Goin' Commando got those and both snow serps, Bazooka, & BBQ. The Ninja Ku had terrible face paint apps. Left good Baz and BBQ. Restocked wave 7 too.

Snow Job
07-03-2008, 12:14 PM
They're here! They're here! Picked up Hawk and a B.A.T. while Goin' Commando got those and both snow serps, Bazooka, & BBQ. The Ninja Ku had terrible face paint apps. Left good Baz and BBQ. Restocked wave 7 too.

??

Where?

My store did get ANYTHING Joe related on the truck this morning. Sucks ass. :(

jcb213
07-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Wave 9 does not appear to have hit north Houston yet (or I missed it). This morning I started at 610 and 45, went north on 45 to 1960, then west on 1960 to 290, and wthen east on 290 back in to 610 to finish my loop. I visited 5 walmarts and 2 targets and didn't find a single wave 9 figure, not even a Wild Bill or Torpedo without the 25th logo. I did see some wave 7 and wave 8 figures and tons of wave 1-3 comic packs. If anyone in Houston needs a Hiss Driver, the Target on 1960 just east of 249 had a fresh case of wave 7 this morning and I left all of it. Unfortunately, Target is now charging 7.99 and that's just not worth it.

Has anyone anywhere else in Houston found anything yet?

Good hunting.

FireFly5
07-03-2008, 12:47 PM
wave 9 has hit s. austin , i was able to grab -gen hawk, and snow serp, i left strom shadow, everyone else was gone, wave 7 was with the wave9 shipment as well

Golden Arms
07-03-2008, 12:51 PM
All I've seen have been the restocked Wave 7.

Snow Job
07-03-2008, 01:13 PM
I've seen Wave 7 all of TWO times at the store. I wish the stores around here would stock them again. I need another Spirit and another Hiss Driver.

rdblock
07-03-2008, 01:20 PM
I've seen Wave 7 all of TWO times at the store. I wish the stores around here would stock them again. I need another Spirit and another Hiss Driver.

where did you find em

rdblock
07-03-2008, 01:23 PM
where did you find em at

airedevon
07-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Yay!!! I got lucky and found a full set of wave 9 at the Walmart at 75 and Springcreek in Plano!

They also got in a bunch of wave 8 - most of them are still there if anyone needs them!

Snow Job
07-03-2008, 01:35 PM
where did you find em

I found them right around the time the first came out. We got them in at the store I work at(TRU off 75 in Plano). I also saw scraps at the Spring Creek Walmart. Those are the only two times I've seen them at the store.

Yay!!! I got lucky and found a full set of wave 9 at the Walmart at 75 and Springcreek in Plano!

They also got in a bunch of wave 8 - most of them are still there if anyone needs them!

I go to this store a lot, usually at night. The one time I don't go....they get them in....MEH.

crock master
07-03-2008, 03:01 PM
wave 9 hits dallas but they are all gone.i hit up 6 walmarts today.they got wave 9 left at 183 and 360 walmart. all the other walmarts had a million wild bills torpedos and spirits.i didnt see any bats i left 2 gen hawks due to damage on the bubble, but i found bazooka, barbecue and storm shadow.fudge i want some bats and snow serpants oh and midway 635 walmart has wave 4 comics

Porkchop Sandwiches
07-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Found wv 4 cp's in Sugar Land (Target- 6 and 59) for the first time (for me). Along with a Hiss Tank Driver. I left a few other cp's behind. About a case of wv 7 was there minus the Hiss Tank driver that is... Two Vipers left behind because troop building at $7.99 sucks.

Insert Rant: Why is a CP with 2 figs plus a comic $10 while a single carded fig is $7.99??? BS!!! So I was at target and my bill was $42ish. I hand them my $5 off coupon and they declined that too. Raising prices and no coupon. I'm pissed at Target...today. I'm sure I'll change my mind when I see wv 9...and vehicles...but come the freak on!

Viper6
07-03-2008, 05:39 PM
found ninja ku and bazooka at cove wal mart, got bazooka but to hell with another lame ninja...just need duke, a few snow serpent and some bats then im good and yeah holy price hike like a buck basicaly...bs!!!! they have tons of vipers and hiss drivers a few torpedos and wild bill, spirit snake eyes(v3) jet pack duke too.

Magick
07-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Wave 9 hit DFW last night about 9 ro 10 p.m. there were several of us that scouted and called so we knew who was getting shipments and who wasn't. I was at work, so i didn't manage to pick up any.

But thankfully Alyosha picked up some for me.

donnie76446
07-03-2008, 07:19 PM
picked up my set in stephenville around 4 o'clock

Goin' Commando
07-03-2008, 08:16 PM
This first hit of wave 9 doesn't seem to hit as hard as wave 8 did, but I'm glad I found a few. Should see them hit again next week, hopefully before the price increases. The BATS and Snow Serpents will probably be hard to come by for a few weeks. Saw remnants of a few more cases this afternoon at the Hickory Creek WM since there were still some Hawk, BBQ, Bazooka, etc. on the shelf, but only one BAT and one Snow Serpent.

Cannon Fodder
07-03-2008, 08:40 PM
??

Where?

My store did get ANYTHING Joe related on the truck this morning. Sucks ass. :(

Damn! My bad guys. I got too excited. The Denton WM had 2 cases and you've read what we took. This wave really didn't hit as hard as 8. Hopefully soon.

rdblock
07-04-2008, 10:16 AM
I found wave 9 except for bazooka and ninja ku SUCKAZ!!!!

Kalibus
07-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Found all of wave 9 plus some xtra bats and snow serps last night. I skipped on ninja ku cuse ive got enought ninjas already.

Viper6
07-04-2008, 12:23 PM
no more joes from wave 9 in killeen , cove or heights...bullshit what happend to the alleged weekend releases. damn it, gas is up too.

Magick
07-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Most places only got 1 case of wave 9. so it will still be at least another week before they up the order. I have a full set, but until the revision cases.. it's one BAT and Snow Serpent to a case. They are going to be the chase figure for army builders till they spit more out. Kinda like the Viper started.. now they're everywhere.

jignacio_2k
07-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Well I'm up in Copperas Cove for the weekend..I missed wave 9 since they have restocked wave 8 and wave 4 comic packs. Only Duke/Redstar, and Shippy/Copperhead ones left. If you are looking for those head on over and you'll score. Was there less than 15 min ago. Happy 4th everyone!!

Golden Arms
07-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the case breakdown Magik. I scored most of w9 today. I didn't see the Bats so I guess someone beat me to them. They had all of the other figs. I passed on the ninja and bought snow trooper, bazooka, bbq and Hawk.
I've seen plenty of wave 7 figs except Rock&Roll. Some wave 8 and all of the 3 packs at toys R US.

JR0d28
07-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Went to local Wal-Mart here in town to get tp Wave 9 must have hit recently on account of all wave 4 CP were available and the only wave 9 figs were Torpedo and Wild Bill and the lone snow serpent I picked up. Torpedo and Wild Bill were hardcore peg warmers LOL

soundwavempl
07-05-2008, 02:23 AM
I got these tonight at the Bryan Walmart:

http://pics.livejournal.com/soundwavempl/pic/0006aag2.jpg

I got the only case of wave 9 singles they had. They had 2 cases of vehicles but a friend of mine got 3 out of the 4 vehicles from the second case. There is still a single VAMP left.

FireFly5
07-05-2008, 02:30 AM
cool score, how much were the vehicles at WM?

Computron34
07-05-2008, 03:12 AM
cool score, how much were the vehicles at WM?

14.67 if I remember correctly. I was the friend btw. Also got wv 9 at College Station WM.

Magick
07-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Any vehicle sightings in North Texas yet?

Goin' Commando
07-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Any vehicle sightings in North Texas yet?

I looked today at the Lewisville Toys R Us and Target as well as the Flower Mound Target and did not see any vehicles. None in Denton either.

Porkchop Sandwiches
07-07-2008, 06:08 PM
No vehicles or wv 9 on my quick hunt today.

Magick
07-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Hmmmm. Wonder what is taking so long for us to get these things. I have the DCPI numbers for them and the only two target stores that still have the scanner that you can type them in at shows that they don't have them in and everyone I asked basically didn't know anything.

The same goes for the Wal Mart store here in Lake worth. The Dept. manager that I know was off all weekend and was out to lunch today when I went up there. so I am not sure if they even have them ordered. I'll just cross my fingures and say they will show up Tues night/ Wed. Morning.

concrete
07-08-2008, 11:04 AM
anyone in houston? if so and you score something pm me and let me know the location and if anythings left...thanx

concrete
07-08-2008, 12:38 PM
any1 in houston? if so when u score smthn can u pm me da location and whats remainin? thanx

SITHLOU33
07-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Anybody see anything in San Antonio?

soundwavempl
07-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Both Bryan and College Station Walmarts got more Joe vehicles in. The HISS, Armadillo vs Serpentor's Air Chariot, and the Vamp are still at both places. College Station Walmart also got in tons of wave 7 singles.

Snow Job
07-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Just got my case of Wave 9 from CornerStoreComics.com!! Yay!!! These figs look great!

The Batman
07-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Is there anyone from around the central texas area collecting these figures?? It sure would be nice to have some kind of updates of what Joes are where. I am tired of Hooded Cobra Commanders, Buzzers, and Serpentors!! Looking for Wave 9 and Vehicles right now.

concrete
07-08-2008, 05:38 PM
any1 in houston? if so, let me knw when u score smthn. pm me da location and what remains-thanx

Magick
07-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Right now there is nothing but wave 9 showing up in north texas. Still no vehicles, but I expect to see them starting to pop up this week. Possibly tonight or tomorrow at Wal Mart especially.

Snow Job
07-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Right now there is nothing but wave 9 showing up in north texas. Still no vehicles, but I expect to see them starting to pop up this week. Possibly tonight or tomorrow at Wal Mart especially.

We get a truck in Thursday morning. Hopefully we'll get some vehicles on there, but don't expect anything more than a case or two. Yeah, TRU is lame like that. lol

Golden Arms
07-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Still no vehicle sightings in Austin. I checked 2 different Wal Marts today and they hadn't restocked the joes since Saturday or Sunday of last week.

Viper6
07-09-2008, 10:43 AM
got my snow serpent today FINALY... at killeen waliworld, he was stashed behind some wrestling figs! "oh thank you stashers, and sorry bout yer luck" ;) now for hawk, a bat and bbq, ...sigh

oh they have the new tf universe shit too prowl, sunstreaker and octane first two arent half bad but octane sucks his trailer is his hand! yea...tru story. think im selling all my tf shit since they cant seem to do it right with any constant. anyone wanna trade for a ton of shit?

Magick
07-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Hey Snow Job, is this the TRU off of 75 near the Super Target and stuff or another one?

txbart
07-09-2008, 03:30 PM
I found a Ninja-Ku and a Gen. Hawk today at the Wal-Marts on 290 and Fry, and 290 and 1960 respectively.

Snow Job
07-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Hey Snow Job, is this the TRU off of 75 near the Super Target and stuff or another one?

It's off 75, across the street from a Target, but it's not Super. It's near Parker.

airedevon
07-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Snow Job, that's the same Toys R US that I go to! When are you there? It would be fun to come by and say "hi"!

Aire

Snow Job
07-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Well, right now TRU is giving me the shaft as far as hours go. I am only getting truck days....except a couple weeks ago where I got only one truck day out of the two we had.

Anyways, yeah...truck days I'm usually there. From 6am-10am. 10am is when we open, but I usually leave a little after. So I guess if you can be there that early to say hi, that would be cool. :)

I would be the big guy with a t-shirt, Dickies pants, glasses...black hair....probably facial hair. lol

airedevon
07-10-2008, 01:01 AM
Sorry to hear that TRU has cut back on you...I hope they are able to restore your hours soon!

Take care,
Aire

Snow Job
07-10-2008, 01:03 AM
Sorry to hear that TRU has cut back on you...I hope they are able to restore your hours soon!

Take care,
Aire

Hehe. Thanks, man. You think you'll shoot by that early to say hi?

Magick
07-10-2008, 08:17 AM
was planning on swinging by after work, but since it's 7 and you don't open till 10, I think i will just opt to pass out and hope to catch the vehicles at the TRU over here.

If not, then I guess it's the waiting game again. Keep finding random BATs at different wal mart stores around here though. No other wave 9 around, but one lone BAT at each. Not that i'm complaining. Those are what i'm looking for other than a few more Snow Serps. just collecting 5 of those guys since there are several variant coming out.

Porkchop Sandwiches
07-10-2008, 11:27 AM
I found a Ninja-Ku and a Gen. Hawk today at the Wal-Marts on 290 and Fry, and 290 and 1960 respectively.

Slowly they're making their way to Houston!!!!

Snow Job
07-10-2008, 12:50 PM
was planning on swinging by after work, but since it's 7 and you don't open till 10, I think i will just opt to pass out and hope to catch the vehicles at the TRU over here.

If not, then I guess it's the waiting game again. Keep finding random BATs at different wal mart stores around here though. No other wave 9 around, but one lone BAT at each. Not that i'm complaining. Those are what i'm looking for other than a few more Snow Serps. just collecting 5 of those guys since there are several variant coming out.

Nothing new at our store. Didn't even get anything Joe in. :(

And it was awesome meeting you today, Aire! :D

airedevon
07-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Snow Job, ditto!!! :-)

Magick
07-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Guess it's a good thing I didn't drive all the way over there. LOL Hopefully they will start showing up next week.

concrete
07-10-2008, 11:50 PM
finally scored da ff/ss comicpack at pearlands walmart. bad part is ima return it cuz da bottom was ripped open. obviously didnt notice dis in da store

Nirvana
07-11-2008, 02:53 AM
The vehicles were in Dallas on July 5th at one Walmart. Only the DVD Battle Packs haven't shown up yet anywhere. I check around daily trying to find them, a HISS tank, and some BATs.

Like others, I probably won't get my BAT army finished until wave 9 rev. 2 shows up with more BAT/Snow figures.

Porkchop Sandwiches
07-11-2008, 07:42 AM
finally scored da ff/ss comicpack at pearlands walmart. bad part is ima return it cuz da bottom was ripped open. obviously didnt notice dis in da store

i bought one with the same problem. odd...

soundwavempl
07-11-2008, 09:15 AM
For all you Austin Joe Fans, the Alamo Drafthouse Downtown is having a GI Joe Stop Motion Film Festival on Monday night (7/14). Here's the link:

http://www.originalalamo.com/Show.aspx?id=5509

txbart
07-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Houston, Found three cases of vehicles at Wal-Mart, Hwy 6 and 529. Good luck.

MSU44
07-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Houston, Found three cases of vehicles at Wal-Mart, Hwy 6 and 529. Good luck.

Well are there any left there since I live two minutes from there or did you swoop them all up? LOL

txbart
07-11-2008, 03:41 PM
There was one full set, a Vamp, and two armadillo packs, after I was through.
How 2 minutes away are you MSU?

MSU44
07-11-2008, 03:46 PM
I live off of West Little York and 6.

txbart
07-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Right on, I'm in Glen Carin.

MSU44
07-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Well I suggested a Houston get together at a bar.....we apparently live close so why not a Houston Joe get-together at Blackjacks Bar and Grill on West Little York right off Hwy 6. I know that's right outside my neighborhood, but I was the one to suggest it right? LOL.

I am up for just about anywhere around town but I guess we could make it fair and have some centralized place. Here are some places we could meet:

Black Jack's Family Sports Grill 16103 West Little York Rd, Houston, TX 77084

Hunter's Lair Wine & Sports Bar 22225 Katy Freeway, Katy TX, 77450.

Bourbon Street Sports Bar 803 S. Mason Rd #140, Katy, TX 77450

Tilted Kilt 2000 Hwy 6 South, Houston, TX 77077

just to name a few.

The L.O.C.
07-11-2008, 04:16 PM
MSU44, just post a when and where with plenty of notice and let's see what happens... Maybe a week from today or something.

txbart
07-11-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm up for it, though my schedule won't allow for Friday or Saturday evening. But I am good for any other evening

Porkchop Sandwiches
07-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Well I suggested a Houston get together at a bar.....we apparently live close so why not a Houston Joe get-together at Blackjacks Bar and Grill on West Little York right off Hwy 6. I know that's right outside my neighborhood, but I was the one to suggest it right? LOL.

I am up for just about anywhere around town but I guess we could make it fair and have some centralized place. Here are some places we could meet:

Black Jack's Family Sports Grill 16103 West Little York Rd, Houston, TX 77084

Hunter's Lair Wine & Sports Bar 22225 Katy Freeway, Katy TX, 77450.

Bourbon Street Sports Bar 803 S. Mason Rd #140, Katy, TX 77450

Tilted Kilt 2000 Hwy 6 South, Houston, TX 77077

just to name a few.

any of the last three are close for me

concrete
07-12-2008, 11:22 AM
a bar? i wouldnt dare spend my joe allowance on alcohol,my wife barely lets me have lunch money. lol

JR0d28
07-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Texas Sightings in North Hidalgo County were just like our state BONE DRY!!! Only points of interests were the recent 12 inch figures. Did not get them because I am not interested in them. Even hit the KMART in Mission all they had was old CP's, 5 pack Joes and 5 pack Cobra Legions. All the targets wal marts even the HEB's NOTHING!!!!!

JR0d28
07-12-2008, 06:12 PM
It's almost like South Texas is referred as the land that time forgot LOL!

art2614
07-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Found vehicles at walmart on 45 south and almeda genoa. still two sets left as of this morning and found evidence of wave 9, only 2 wild bills there. I guess they had gotten them in a day ago or so and someone beat me to it

Magick
07-12-2008, 08:27 PM
why can't we get the vehicles in North texas? Most of the places I have been had the 2 common figures left from wave 9, but nothing new. I have been lucky and find a random BAT at places, but still no vehicles. I have called everywhere within a 100 miles radius and nothing.

Goin' Commando
07-13-2008, 02:41 AM
why can't we get the vehicles in North texas? Most of the places I have been had the 2 common figures left from wave 9, but nothing new. I have been lucky and find a random BAT at places, but still no vehicles. I have called everywhere within a 100 miles radius and nothing.

I feel your pain! I have checked the Denton, Flower Mound and Lewisville stores expecting vehicles and have had no luck. The only place I have even seen wave 4 cps is the FM Target. Hopefully with tomorrow being Target's stock day they will have them. The discouraging thing is that I have not even seen a space cleared off the shelves for them. I will post in here tomorrow after looking. Good Luck!

Snow Job
07-13-2008, 02:47 AM

We have two trucks next week. Hopefully we'll get some vehicles on those trucks. *fingers crossed*

rdblock
07-13-2008, 03:21 PM
We have two trucks next week. Hopefully we'll get some vehicles on those trucks. *fingers crossed*

Do you know if yall have any bats at your store..I live in McKinney and if you could pick one up for me or hold one for me I would appreciate it

Porkchop Sandwiches
07-13-2008, 03:26 PM
69 and a bottle of wine. Know what I'm saying!!!

Snow Job
07-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Do you know if yall have any bats at your store..I live in McKinney and if you could pick one up for me or hold one for me I would appreciate it

We haven't received any single packs in like a month. So, no.... :(

rdblock
07-13-2008, 03:50 PM
We haven't received any single packs in like a month. So, no.... :(

Ok let me knoe if yal do also wanted to know do you have a Flint MOC you would trade anything for

Magick
07-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Finally caved in and bought my vehicles on Ebay. Fortunately enough the seller wasn't asking an arm and a leg. I picked them up for the same price that Diamond Dist. is wanting plus a low shipping cost. So I now can just focus on picking up the extras I want.. like the Hiss, Trouble Bubble and more vamps.

Still on the lookout for more B.A.T.s as well, but then again isn't everyone? LOL

Snow Job
07-14-2008, 12:22 AM
Finally caved in and bought my vehicles on Ebay. Fortunately enough the seller wasn't asking an arm and a leg. I picked them up for the same price that Diamond Dist. is wanting plus a low shipping cost. So I now can just focus on picking up the extras I want.. like the Hiss, Trouble Bubble and more vamps.

Still on the lookout for more B.A.T.s as well, but then again isn't everyone? LOL

lol You caved, man! I will let you know if we get any in on our two trucks next week. You should drop me your cell number or something so I can let you know as soon as possible, and so you won't have to waste gas in case we didn't get any. :D

Henry Rollins
07-14-2008, 12:52 AM
Wal-Marts in Wichita Falls-

Lawrence Rd.- Wv3-4 CP's
Central Frwy- Wave 3-4 CP's
Southwest Pkwy- dunno, didn't check, but I assure you there is nothing there worth taking a dump on. Trust me.

No single cards anywhere. The Joe isle is down to nada.

Goin' Commando
07-14-2008, 01:11 AM

That's the only way you're gonna get them around here ! I wasted my time looking today. Denton Target, Flower Mound Target and FM Wal-Mart had nada. Still not even a space on the shelves. It does look like Target may be getting ready for an isle reset with most of the toys on clearance. If they wanna move some stuff they should put the Hawk/Scarlett CPs on clearance since they have been there for 6 months. FM Wal-Mart does have 8 vipers if anyone is interested in instant troop building.

Kalibus
07-14-2008, 01:30 AM
Guys order them from Amazon.com. Free shipping plus no taxes. My set of vehicles came out to $59 and change, with a delivery date for this friday.

concrete
07-14-2008, 02:03 AM
Found vehicles at walmart on 45 south and almeda genoa. still two sets left as of this morning and found evidence of wave 9, only 2 wild bills there. I guess they had gotten them in a day ago or so and someone beat me to it

i have a love/hate relationship wit dis walmart. love cuz its da only walmart i go 2 dat have full pegs of joes on a regular basis,hate cuz da pegs are full of sh.. i dnt need.

Goin' Commando
07-14-2008, 02:33 AM
Guys order them from Amazon.com. Free shipping plus no taxes. My set of vehicles came out to $59 and change, with a delivery date for this friday.

Can you post a link for that? I tryed searching amazon after reading your post and I only found a set for $92.

Kalibus
07-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Can you post a link for that? I tryed searching amazon after reading your post and I only found a set for $92.
Damn looks like they sold out pretty quick.

Magick
07-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Wal-Marts in Wichita Falls-

Lawrence Rd.- Wv3-4 CP's
Central Frwy- Wave 3-4 CP's
Southwest Pkwy- dunno, didn't check, but I assure you there is nothing there worth taking a dump on. Trust me.

No single cards anywhere. The Joe isle is down to nada.

Holy crap, that's my home town. You must be assigned at Shephard AFB? Would be my guess since your home town says South America?

Or you could just be a student going to MSU...

I know some people at the TRU there... Good friends of mine. As well as Larry from Galaxy Comics there on Kemp.

Snow Job
07-14-2008, 01:17 PM
lol You caved, man! I will let you know if we get any in on our two trucks next week. You should drop me your cell number or something so I can let you know as soon as possible, and so you won't have to waste gas in case we didn't get any. :D

Sound like a plan, Magick?

concrete
07-14-2008, 10:53 PM
i got a case of da new vehicles today at da target in meyerland(houston)also got da ff/ss and duke/redstar comicpacks(finally). there was 8 vipers, 1 wave 7 snake eyes and 1 python patrol trooper. i supposedly got da 1 and only case of vehicles in stock at target jn da entire state according 2 targets system. da sweetest thing of all is, da cashier scanned da case instead of each vehicle,so i ended up only paying for 1 and not all 4. they also had a joe item in da back wit a 8/3 release date. dnt know what it is cuz they claimed there wasnt any joes in da back but i know it was back there cuz i had a girl pull da vehicle case earlier today and she told me about da joe box wit a 8/3 reiease date. i asked her 2 pull dat as well but she said she couldnt unless i knew da dpci.....do any1 have an idea of what dis item is?

Silent Ninja
07-14-2008, 11:04 PM
i got a case of da new vehicles today at da target in meyerland(houston)also got da ff/ss and duke/redstar comicpacks(finally). there was 8 vipers, 1 wave 7 snake eyes and 1 python patrol trooper. i supposedly got da 1 and only case of vehicles in stock at target jn da entire state according 2 targets system. da sweetest thing of all is, da cashier scanned da case instead of each vehicle,so i ended up only paying for 1 and not all 4. they also had a joe item in da back wit a 8/3 release date. dnt know what it is cuz they claimed there wasnt any joes in da back but i know it was back there cuz i had a girl pull da vehicle case earlier today and she told me about da joe box wit a 8/3 reiease date. i asked her 2 pull dat as well but she said she couldnt unless i knew da dpci.....do any1 have an idea of what dis item is?

I could've done the same thing with a Wave 9 case, except I did the RIGHT thing and told the cashier to charge me 6.84 x 8 at Walmart. Just my opinion... But since this is a Texas sightings thread, nothing down here as far as vehicles in the South.

art2614
07-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Could these be the Target exclusives? Arent they suppose to be out next month?i got a case of da new vehicles today at da target in meyerland(houston)also got da ff/ss and duke/redstar comicpacks(finally). there was 8 vipers, 1 wave 7 snake eyes and 1 python patrol trooper. i supposedly got da 1 and only case of vehicles in stock at target jn da entire state according 2 targets system. da sweetest thing of all is, da cashier scanned da case instead of each vehicle,so i ended up only paying for 1 and not all 4. they also had a joe item in da back wit a 8/3 release date. dnt know what it is cuz they claimed there wasnt any joes in da back but i know it was back there cuz i had a girl pull da vehicle case earlier today and she told me about da joe box wit a 8/3 reiease date. i asked her 2 pull dat as well but she said she couldnt unless i knew da dpci.....do any1 have an idea of what dis item is?

Golden Arms
07-14-2008, 11:22 PM
I scored 2 of the vehicles today as well. I picked up clutch and breaker/televiper. I didn't see the Hisstank.

concrete
07-14-2008, 11:43 PM
I could've done the same thing with a Wave 9 case, except I did the RIGHT thing and told the cashier to charge me 6.84 x 8 at Walmart. Just my opinion... But since this is a Texas sightings thread, nothing down here as far as vehicles in the South.

if u did da RIGHT thing, i must have done da wrong thing. i didnt steal da other 3 vehicles. a halfass employee dat works 4 a halfass company did a halfass job.

Nirvana
07-15-2008, 12:40 AM
I saw more vehicles today, but some employee had kicked the hell out of them in back. I went back for a friend wanting the Flight Pod/Ram set tonight, but all 8 were gone.

Golden Arms
07-15-2008, 02:19 AM
Yeah, my clutch box was dinged up as well, but the toy inside was okay. I was just so happy to finally score some of the vehicles.

Magick
07-15-2008, 01:01 PM
DFW people rejoice.. several Wal Mart stores in the north Fort Worth area got in cases last night. I picked up some extras (2 Hiss, 1 Ram/Bubble) since I had already bought a set off Ebay. Wouldn't you know they would pop up now.. Grrr.

Anywho.. there was one case that was severely mangled, the clear parts of the boxes are crushed to all get out, but the toys looked fine. Left those on the shelf as hopes that they are still there tonight when my check goes through.

Also... I have noticed that they aren't on the same isle as the other joes.. they seem to be either on endcaps facing the back of the store or on an isle that is usually reserved for the pool cleaning stuff. (If your Wal Mart has one near the Toys)

They also recieved the new TF Classics (Sunstreaker. Prowl. Tankor)

Nirvana
07-15-2008, 02:22 PM
I grabbed the new TF classics early last week. I just want the DVD battle packs and the Halo 3 exclusive figures to show up finally.

Baronesslover
07-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Yeah, my clutch box was dinged up as well, but the toy inside was okay. I was just so happy to finally score some of the vehicles.

Where did you find these, I still haven't seen any of the wave 9 at the stores. I got my order from BBTS from but I want to find a extra set along with a extra HISS tank.

Porkchop Sandwiches
07-16-2008, 07:50 PM
if u did da RIGHT thing, i must have done da wrong thing. i didnt steal da other 3 vehicles. a halfass employee dat works 4 a halfass company did a halfass job.

It's sort of shady dude.

Silent Ninja
07-16-2008, 07:58 PM
It's sort of shady dude.

Yep!

bountyhunter69
07-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Found the Joe Vehicle packs at Target in McKinney, Left the Vamp and Armadillo sets

Goin' Commando
07-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Target in Denton has still not stocked anything. They just raised the prices on the crap that has been there hanging on the pegs since last summer.

Golden Arms
07-16-2008, 10:49 PM
They were at the Wal Mart on 620.

The Targets in my area suck. I think I will stop wasting my time and going there. I've seen remnants of wave 8 (Roadblock) there. But beyond that, it's still the same Duke/cc comic packs or the Destro Scarlett comic.

Baronesslover
07-17-2008, 11:14 AM
^^^ I found wave 3 of comic packs at Target on Parmer and at the Walmart on Parmer.

I also found wave 9 at the Walmet in Pfurgiville, I left a black Storm Shawdow, all I need is Barbaque and 5 BAT's and a HISS tank. I can't believe these are so hard to find.

Snow Job
07-17-2008, 11:53 AM
TRU off 75 in Plano, across the street from Target, has 2 cases of vehicles! I stocked them myself! I couldn't buy any, though....no money. :(

We also got in 2 cases of Wave 7.

Happy Hunting!

turbobrett
07-17-2008, 01:59 PM
They were at the Wal Mart on 620.

The Targets in my area suck. I think I will stop wasting my time and going there. I've seen remnants of wave 8 (Roadblock) there. But beyond that, it's still the same Duke/cc comic packs or the Destro Scarlett comic.

I'm with you there.. the targets in cedar park/far northwest Austin are horrible for Joe's. They seem to cater to the toys that don't sell ;)

Which 620 Walmart did you score them at? 620&183 i was guessing...

yaven1
07-17-2008, 03:02 PM
Newbie Joe Collector Here.....South Texas Padre Area....
Toys R Us had it all today....4 cases of wave 1 vehicles, 9 cases of wave 9 figures, and new comic packs.....finally completed my wave 9 and left the rest....anyone in this area collect Joes????? Trust me when I say this is not the norm on stock in my area....

Goin' Commando
07-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Finally found the Vehicles at the Denton Wal Mart this morning. I had found the Armadillo pack on Tuesday but it was the only one left. Got the other 3 this morning! They had only put out 1 case, but at least they did stock some. No wave 9 and I have only seen them once in Denton when I was able to get my 2 BATS. I am still looking for BATS but I figure they will be hanging on pegs like Vipers are now before too long.

Snow Job
07-17-2008, 06:08 PM
Made a social group for Dallas/DFW Hisstank members: http://www.hisstank.com/forum/group.php?groupid=11

I kinda felt bad after creating the group, and felt like I was alienating the rest of the Texan Joe fans. No offense intended, I assure you. I guess I was just excited about creating something exclusively for the area.

Anyways, even if you're not from the area, feel free to join and post anyways! :)

Magick
07-17-2008, 06:12 PM
One can only hope that they will be peg warmers. LOL I too am looking for the BATs. Although none of the stores in this area has has wave 9 for about 3 weeks or more. All of them got in vehicles..

Would figure since I finally broke down and bought mine off ebay.. well now I have a lot of extras.. Up to 4 Hiss tanks and 4 Trouble Bubbles. Now thanks to that two pack I am army building Breakers. Oh well a head swap here and there and viola! insta green shirts. Now with fixed crotch! LOL

Magick
07-17-2008, 06:13 PM
You know we have the DFW Joe collectors club right? I even have a pretty shirt that says so. LOL

Raginspoon
07-17-2008, 06:15 PM
TRU in Bedford had vehicles all gone now. The TRU in Arlington off of 20 has everything but the flight pod pack. yesterday the walmart in Arlington off of 30 and eastchase had wave 3 comic packs in all of them.

Snow Job
07-17-2008, 06:18 PM
You know we have the DFW Joe collectors club right? I even have a pretty shirt that says so. LOL

A group on these boards? Or a real group? Do you guys meet up and stuff? Why has no one informed me of this!!!!!!!!! :D

Magick
07-17-2008, 06:21 PM
A real group.. we represented at the con this year. It's made up of only a handfull of people that I know of. Haven't gotten to a point of meeting on a regular basis or anything. Alyosha is one of the members.

I'm sure within time we are going to try and arrange meetings or something like that.

Snow Job
07-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Ok, well, if you guys do get together, let me know! :)

Or even if you don't....and want someone who's not cool, in the cool club, let me know too. lol

Magick
07-18-2008, 07:19 AM
LOL, I will be sure to do that. I hope to start having get togethers and such, it's all about when everyone is off and such. I know some of us would like to show off our customs to people in person and not just through pics on here.

Porkchop Sandwiches
07-18-2008, 09:43 AM
Wal-Mart in Pearland has 1 each of RAM/TB, Blk Hiss Tank, and Armadillo/Chariot. It was all I could do to not buy that Hiss Tank. Pains of sorrow!!!

ibjc1106
07-18-2008, 10:04 AM
Anyone seen anything new in the San Antonio area?

Kalibus
07-19-2008, 06:40 PM
Has anyone seen the DVD packs in TX yet?

MAJOR WOLF
07-19-2008, 06:47 PM
Has anyone seen the DVD packs in TX yet?

Not yet but these should start showing up during the week or next.

Golden Arms
07-19-2008, 07:11 PM
I called a few targets and they didn't have anything yet.

Goin' Commando
07-19-2008, 07:29 PM
I saw a Wal Mart today that had done a full isle reset. They did not have much stock, but they did set a spot for the DVD packs, so they should be showing up soon.

Kalibus
07-19-2008, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

Porkchop Sandwiches
07-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Target @ Fry and I-10 had a Vamp and Armadillo/Chariot.

Cannon Fodder
07-20-2008, 12:41 AM
Target in Allen off McDermott and 75 had 2 each of the DVD packs up for grabs.

Goin' Commando
07-20-2008, 12:46 AM
Target in Allen off McDermott and 75 had 2 each of the DVD packs up for grabs.

If only you would have had my Target gift cards with you, they would have only 1 each of the DVD packs up for grabs!!

Magick
07-20-2008, 12:50 AM
Damn.. why is everything northeast of me. Checked several Target stores in the area today, but nothing.

crock master
07-20-2008, 01:01 AM
check out what i scored from a collector that gave up. i got these in hurst http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/picklis/100_5194.jpg http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/picklis/100_5188.jpg http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/picklis/100_5191.jpg these are from 92

Goin' Commando
07-20-2008, 01:04 AM
Damn.. why is everything northeast of me. Checked several Target stores in the area today, but nothing.

Ditto. But it's a little southeast of me. I drove to the Flower Mound Target today which is about a 15 mile trip one-way. Nothing. I have had a lot of luck at that Target, but lately the only thing that I have found out there is the wave 4 comic packs. It's about the only choice for me since the Denton Target has not stocked anything newer than wave 7 singles.

Goin' Commando
07-20-2008, 01:06 AM
check out what i scored from a collector that gave up. i got these in hurst http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/picklis/100_5194.jpg http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/picklis/100_5188.jpg http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/picklis/100_5191.jpg these are from 92

Nice! Where did you get those? The only place I can think of in Hurst is maybe the Lone Star Comics?

crock master
07-20-2008, 01:10 AM
na its from a private collectore that was once in the service. he also had some 15th anniverssary that i bought here are a few pix http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/picklis/100_5204.jpg http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/picklis/100_5199.jpg http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/picklis/100_5202.jpg notice kenner put out the 15th annivessary line.

Cannon Fodder
07-20-2008, 11:10 AM
If only you would have had my Target gift cards with you, they would have only 1 each of the DVD packs up for grabs!!

LOL! I know! If I would have had money and your gift cards then I would have been posting a score!

JR0d28
07-20-2008, 11:21 AM
found all vehicle set in Brownsville WAL Mart on the way from the zoo to the beach the wife and I made a day out of yesterday. Was looking to score some wave 9's no luck on that. Only bought RAM/Pod set and the Black HISS tank. Wanted to get VAMP but wife was getting pissed LOL. As for the armadillo/Chariot bleah!!!!! did not like it. Besides if I would have gotten it would just opened to get the steeler figure and put him in the MOBAT I got about 2 and 1/2 months ago; so I bought steeler loose on eBay.

crock master
07-20-2008, 04:51 PM
help me get a bat or snow serpant please!! http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e205/picklis/100_5182.jpg

Golden Arms
07-20-2008, 06:23 PM
I feel your pain Crock. I only saw wave 9 once (when I scored them) and there was no Bat to be found.

Will the DVD battle packs be released at Wal Mart? My luck with the Targets in my area has been very bad.

concrete
07-20-2008, 09:29 PM
saw a set of da new vehicles at da tru and target on south main and a set at da target jn meyerland plaza in houston. still no battlepacks or wave 9 for me

tylerd74
07-20-2008, 09:42 PM
If anyone is interested, they had all 4 of the new 12" Joes at the Wal Mart in Mustang Station in Forney.
Was passing thru from Dallas to LA. They looked pretty awesome. They had 2 Flint, 2 Bazooka, 1 Cobra, 1 Dusty.

The L.O.C.
07-20-2008, 10:12 PM
All I can find are the Armadillo/Air Chariots all over Houston...got in on the deal at Amazon and ordered everything that I hadn't pre-ordered. Houston folks, are we going to do a meet sometime soon?

Baronesslover
07-21-2008, 01:51 PM
I just found the vehicles here in Austin at the Target on 35 and 290. I got the last Hiss tank now all I need is Barbeque and some B.A.T figures.

FireFly5
07-21-2008, 02:12 PM
I just found the vehicles here in Austin at the Target on 35 and 290. I got the last Hiss tank now all I need is Barbeque and some B.A.T figures.

did they have wave 9? i still need a few

Nirvana
07-21-2008, 03:23 PM
DVD sets are in Dallas. I just grabbed one of the two pairs from Target in Allen.