PDA

View Full Version : SuperBowl commercials!!!!

dsrader
02-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Did anyone else seem to think MOST of them SUCKED? I liked the one D commercial that had the lil boy smack the guy for taking a chip.LOL The sperm commercial was kinda unexspected!!LMAO

I heard they denied several commercials.But damn most of them that made it,SUCKED!!

Congrats Saints and Saints FANS!!!!

JR0d28
02-07-2010, 11:11 PM
Funniest was the guy in the coffin.

Troynos
02-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Best was the electric shock collar the dog put on the guy.

2nd was the Bud Light House.

Doritoes and Bud Light had some good ones.

JR0d28
02-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Free Grand Slam commercial was funny screamin chickens just as funny as screamin squirrels. May get up xtra early b4 goin to work so I can get one.

arashikage tat
02-07-2010, 11:14 PM
I was so pissed I was really pulling for the Colts, but back on topic yeah most of the commercials sucked. I thought the Snickers one with Betty White was kinda funny and The Simpsons coke one was alright

Scrap Iron
02-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Doritos had 4 commercials during the game. That means they spent $10,000,000 on advertising. They actually have a contest to see who can make the best commercial, so they don't spend any $$ on the actual commercials.

JR0d28
02-07-2010, 11:16 PM
I was so pissed I was really pulling for the Colts, but back on topic yeah most of the commercials sucked. I thought the Snickers one with Betty White was kinda funny and The Simpsons coke one was alright

Poor Betty but felt sorrier for Abe Vigoda-aka Fish. Damn I thought that guy was dead.

dsrader
02-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Doritos had 4 commercials during the game. That means they spent $10,000,000 on advertising. They actually have a contest to see who can make the best commercial, so they don't spend any $$ on the actual commercials.

+ They are giving the winner 1,000,000!!!

Headman
02-07-2010, 11:21 PM
They always suck. I wish they'd get all the extra crap out of the Superbowl and just play the damn game. And the Who.... I'm shocked nobody broke a hip.

SPECTER
02-07-2010, 11:22 PM
My favorites;
the human bridge beer commercial,
and the Brett Favre 2020 one

Syn3sthesia
02-07-2010, 11:30 PM
The one with the down airplane on the island was pretty funny too.

dsrader
02-07-2010, 11:33 PM
I miss the DAMN Bud Bowl!!! LOL

Troynos
02-07-2010, 11:34 PM
They always suck. I wish they'd get all the extra crap out of the Superbowl and just play the damn game. And the Who.... I'm shocked nobody broke a hip.

The Who were horrible. Daltrey can't hit the notes anymore.

And was Pete Townsend even playing the guitar or just trying to make it look like he was?

HORRIBLE!!!

(and I'm a Who fan)

Bud Bowls were awesome.

azoric
02-07-2010, 11:35 PM
My top 3:

1. Google - life of a relationship
2. Whale in the truck (think it was for honda but not sure)
3. etrade "milkaholic"

Ixz72
02-07-2010, 11:36 PM
two things...don't touch my mama....don't touch my doritos!!!

I thought was the funniest commercial of the night.

azoric
02-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Oh yeah and the 2 Bud Light ads with the Lost references (Plane crash and Dr Chang) were really good too!

xhairs
02-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Yes they did worse yr ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zartanman
02-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Most of the ones I saw sucked.

The Doritos commercial with the Samurai dude was hilarious.

Also liked the Dante's Inferno one.

Crimson Gord
02-08-2010, 12:04 AM
it's funny because in canada most stuff get past the censers but we get zero american commercials during superbowl!
i will watch them on youtube and fill in my perspective 10 hours late! :(

dsrader
02-08-2010, 12:14 AM
it's funny because in canada most stuff get past the censers but we get zero american commercials during superbowl!

Really?

Lody
02-08-2010, 12:16 AM
Couple of good ones. I liked the three Doritos-coffin, gym and dog collar.

The Monster.com one with everyone in their underwear for casual Friday was funny.

Overall though, I thought most them were pretty weak.

Lody
02-08-2010, 12:17 AM

So you get the Superbowl? What kind of commercials do they run up there?

joedelta
02-08-2010, 12:21 AM
the fat old guys in underwear commercials where not called for, just gross.

"SR"
Loved the Simpsons coke one.

Troynos
the fat old guys in underwear commercials where not called for, just gross.

The Casual Friday one was funny.

The "We are men with no pants" one was dumb.

Tanksmasher
02-08-2010, 12:22 AM
C'mon man, the Who was great. Best part of the superbowl.

Headman
02-08-2010, 12:33 AM
C'mon man, the Who was great. Best part of the superbowl.

Umm... If you say so. I thought the best part of the Superbowl was the Saints actually winning the Superbowl.

Tanksmasher
02-08-2010, 12:39 AM
Umm... If you say so. I thought the best part of the Superbowl was the Saints actually winning the Superbowl.
No, that was second best.

starman11380
02-08-2010, 12:56 AM
where were all the new movie trailers only new on I saw was the air bender one and shutter Island I thought Iron man 2 was gona show a new trailer.

700block
02-08-2010, 12:56 AM
they were all weak.

Griff
02-08-2010, 12:58 AM
i liek the one with tracy morgan and stevie wonder....but nothin will top the rock paper scissors one froma few years ago...last two superbowls had crappy ads. i did chuckle a few more times this one than last one.

Beckley
02-08-2010, 01:02 AM
I think all the commercials pretty much sucked as usual.
I'm sick of all the animals in the commercials, I don't understand the Budweiser Horses, I just don't get it.
The only thing I look forward to are the trailers for new movies.

Griff
02-08-2010, 01:03 AM
I think all the commercials pretty much sucked as usual.
I'm sick of all the animals in the commercials, I don't understand the Budweiser Horses, I just don't get it.
The only thing I look forward to are the trailers for new movies.

yeah that Avatar Last airbender trailer looked SSSIIIIIICCCKKKK!!!!

bluebikerboy1
02-08-2010, 01:18 AM
i saw a wolfman trailer

anyways favorite i guess was the farve one. i LOL on it.

the beaver was ok with the violen.

chrisr291
02-08-2010, 02:43 AM
The Betty White ad had to be the best

YouTube - Snickers Commercial: Game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rauK4fBjkI)

If she is on your team, throw her the damn ball! lol

Tracker
02-08-2010, 02:59 AM
yea the commercial bowl wasn't that good this year

how the game was actually good

riot_control
02-08-2010, 04:12 AM
I liked the Prince of Persia trailer.

RogueReSCuE
02-08-2010, 04:52 AM
only good one was the Brett Favre one

Mrs.Riot
02-08-2010, 06:51 AM
My favorites;
the human bridge beer commercial,
and the Brett Favre 2020 one

/\ This....and the doritos commercials

Ixz72
02-08-2010, 07:45 AM
By the way...did anybody else think the GoDaddy commercials were beyond stupid?

handsomedevil
02-08-2010, 08:33 AM
The kid smackin' his mom's date was the best!

GILTYONE
02-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Yea most of them did suck! The best I loved was wit Megan Fox and to tell u the truth I can't remember what it was for lol, all I remember was she was in it....... lmao.

Gunzlingr
02-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Weak commercials, the only ones that were even mildly humorous were Betty White, Brett Favre 2020 and the Dorito Samurai. The Who were terrible. I figure at this rate next year will be the Glenn Miller Band.

Echo7Solo
02-08-2010, 10:36 AM
The Who were horrible. Daltrey can't hit the notes anymore.

And was Pete Townsend even playing the guitar or just trying to make it look like he was?

HORRIBLE!!!

(and I'm a Who fan)

Bud Bowls were awesome.
agreed..... I'm shocked at just how bad they were. But thinking about it the last few years the half time show has sucked or been lipsinked. The only good one I can think of was Sir Paul but even that wasn't his best work. I don't know if it is just so rushed or what but the sound is off every time. But hey, the light show was cool.

i liek the one with tracy morgan and stevie wonder....but nothin will top the rock paper scissors one froma few years ago...last two superbowls had crappy ads. i did chuckle a few more times this one than last one.
yeah I did laugh at the Tracy Morgan and Stevie Wonder one too. That was pretty good. I was telling my ex wife about it and she even laughed. Not many times we share a laugh together these days but that was one of them.

Yea most of them did suck! The best I loved was wit Megan Fox and to tell u the truth I can't remember what it was for lol, all I remember was she was in it....... lmao.

I'm shocked it took 5 pages to bring this one up. I thought it was one of the best of the night. And yes she is hot but she wasn't looking at her best then.

Shipwreck
02-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Best was the electric shock collar the dog put on the guy.

2nd was the Bud Light House.

Doritoes and Bud Light had some good ones.

Top one is the best one to me. Second was the bull and the Clydesdale running with one another.
Congrats to the Saints!

Best out of bounds moment- A saint running through the Colts' side, plowing over everything and the poor investor and sign holders. And as I saw the reply I was thinking this...

" When the saints, come crashin' in, Oh when the saints come crashing in! You better be on the look out! For that man don' stop to good."

(Saints come marching in)

Flint071
02-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Was it just me or did most of the commercials feature dudes in some stage of undress?

Not appealing -

However, Megan Fox in the bathub......*rawr*...and I have no idea what the hell she was selling either.

snakeeyes22
02-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Doritos made me never want a single chip again.

I think most were bad because they try too damn hard.

And the Simpsons? Who decided to make it unfunny? The show hasn't been funny to me in years, but that had no joke involved. Plus, in Springfield, they drink BUZZ cola, suckas!

The horse and cow thing, was that supposed to make me want to get $#!+faced?

TofuNinja
02-08-2010, 11:52 AM
I thought that the Doritos ones were good, and I like the Betty White one too. The rest, including the Go Daddy ones sucked.

I forgot about the MEgan Fox one.... that was awesome too.

LaDracul
02-08-2010, 06:12 PM
I just like "The Simpsons", and since it was a rerun that week, anything new was welcomed.

Although I just had to gush at Maggie and Gerald (Her enemy) playing nice...

The Cutest Baby - To Live and Diaper in Springfield - vXII - Image Viewer (http://babysimpson.co.uk/images.php?image=media/comicscans/simp29/1.jpg)

Crimson Gord
02-08-2010, 06:23 PM
So you get the Superbowl? What kind of commercials do they run up there?
hell ya we get the superbowl!!! my hd digital cable package is kickass !

we get a few decent american adds but they have to air the canadian sponsors stuff up here so we get normal everyday commercials.

Syn3sthesia
02-08-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm shocked it took 5 pages to bring this one up. I thought it was one of the best of the night. And yes she is hot but she wasn't looking at her best then.

There is no doubt that commercial was kind of funny and that she is a pretty sexy thing but man...you know that was not her real hand. Her thumbs are jacked up and there are already rumors a hand model was used.

Far from perfect...that thumb is like my kryptonite.

jllewis80
02-09-2010, 12:16 PM
E trade milkaholic "milka wha-?"

Miller light house. "hey a window" "sorry honey"

Not really an add but the crawl at the bottom for Big Bang with Sheldon climbing out of the window "Go what ever sports team you are rooting for"

The Who. *sigh* I'm a big fan of the Who. Have been for many years. They are starting to show their age. Liked the light show. Noticed a few slips. Did anybody notice there were NO FANS on the field at the half time show. Usually they have a crowd out there. Could have been because of the complex light show.

The main reason they were there. Janet Jackson and CSI. What's that you say. What is the correlation.

After the infamous nipple slip the NFL went toward safer acts for the half time show. They started getting classic touring rock acts.
And because the Bowl was on CBS and they use Who songs for every incarnation of CSI they made sure you knew you were watching CBS.

CBS had more ads than any two or three companies combined. If not for the network then it was for their shows. Thing is I wonder if they even spent any money airing those.

jllewis80
02-09-2010, 12:17 PM
And the Simpsons? Who decided to make it unfunny? The show hasn't been funny to me in years, but that had no joke involved. Plus, in Springfield, they drink BUZZ cola, suckas!

Notice they only used one voice in the commercial. No royalties.

cmax75
02-09-2010, 12:34 PM
I liked the Bud Light book club commercial.

"So then do you like Little Women?"

"Yeah, I'm not too picky, you know?"